Michael Feinman

HRC

Doctor available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolUCLA
West Los Angeles, CA 90064
Westlake Village
1220 La Venta Drive
Westlake Village, CA 91361
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Feinman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend HRC to a friend?
IVF, Donor Eggs
Tubal Blockage, Other
He [Dr. Michael Feinman] was very upfront with his opinions and thoughts. He didn't sugar coat things. Sometimes I wish he would explain a few things in more detail but thats about my only complaint. He was very personable and I felt like he was invested in our situation...I did three embryo transfers with donor eggs. The first cycle ended with a miscarriage early on. The second we switched the type of progesterone and it didn't end being enough so we got a negative pregnancy. We did a faux transfer after that to make sure my progesterone levels were good before doing our third transfer. I got pregnant on my third but unfortunately miscarried again
IVF, Donor Eggs
Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Michael Feinman at HRC?
I loved the doctor. He was very upfront with his opinions and thoughts. He didn't sugar coat things. Sometimes I wish he would explain a few things in more detail but thats about my only complaint. He was very personable and I felt like he was invested in our situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Feinman at HRC?
Ask questions and don't let him dismiss you. Make sure you understand everything for your own piece of mind
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Feinman at HRC?
The doctor was great and very personable. However the medical team I did not feel like they made me feel like a human. I had to call them all he time to get results that were supposed to be called to me. They were not very kind during my miscarriages. It was frustrating.
Describe the protocols Michael Feinman used in your cycles at HRC and their degree of success.
I did three embryo transfers with donor eggs. The first cycle ended with a miscarriage early on. The second we switched the type of progesterone and it didn't end being enough so we got a negative pregnancy. We did a faux transfer after that to make sure my progesterone levels were good before doing our third transfer. I got pregnant on my third but unfortunately miscarried again.
They did not follow through with results, I had to constantly call. When I had my miscarriage they called me to come in for an ultrasound to check the baby (like I was still pregnant). They were not compassionate when telling me about my miscarriage after one of my blood tests. Overall it was a frustrating experience
Describe your experience with HRC.
The clinic was fine. My only problem was I was closest to the Westlake office but the doctor was only there in the mornings only. The afternoons he was in Encino so it made scheduling harder (especially since I worked nights). Also all the procedures (minus basic ultrasounds) were done in Encino so it was a bit of a drive for those. The offices themselves were nice and the rooms were nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Feinman at HRC.
The initial cost for us was about $23,000 for the first cycle including meds (we used a donor, (this does not include the donor agency fees). After that not counting meds we paid about $2500 per transfer (and that was a military discount, I think the original price was around $3600).
Describe Michael Feinman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC.
He suggested a single transfer. Its less of a risk than with twins even though the percentage to get pregnant decreasing slightly. He allows you to choose and I elected to do a single each time.
What specific things went wrong at HRC?
Michael Feinman