6.8

West Los Angeles, CA 90064
Westlake Village
1220 La Venta Drive
Westlake Village, CA 91361

[Protocol from Dr. Feinman included] Menopur in the hope that I could do timed intercourse, for a period of 6 months, to see if I could fall pregnant without the need for an IUI or IVF procedure...Didn't understand my personal situation and nor did he bother to check for himself...didn't think to test me himself to verify my case or situation. His reasoning was that he was trying to save me money, however he put me on a protocol which was very promising but completely unrealistic, causing me to spend $5000 on medication that just compromised my health and served no purpose. He then measured my FSH levels after taking copious amounts of Menopur which is es
[The nurse at HRC was] Pleasant enough, though a little short with her email responses. We didn't interact all that much, other than for bloodwork which was fine. Her response time was a little delayed...errors forgetting to charge for things, then charging at a later date... place wasn't welcoming or inviting. All things that really matter when you are doing a procedure of this kind...$1,210.00 for Blood-Work and Ultrasound as we were aiming for Fertility Medication and timed intercourse.
How was your experience with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
He took my word as gospel and didn't think to test me himself to verify my case or situation. His reasoning was that he was trying to save me money, however he put me on a protocol which was very promising but completely unrealistic, causing me to spend $5000 on medication that just compromised my health and served no purpose. He then measured my FSH levels after taking copious amounts of Menopur which is essentially FSH, and proceeded to tell me my FSH was too high and that we had to stop the whole process. He said I would need an egg donor and that his wife who worked at an agency could help me. I was in tears and it emotionally has scarred me. When I relayed what the doctor told me to my husband, my husband asked to speak to him over the phone. The doctor then proceeded to tell my husband, that perhaps measuring my FSH levels after taking Menopur wasn't the most accurate indicator after all, but that he "Suspected" they wouldn't change much. However, when my new doctor after him measured my levels of FSH, it showed that they were really low. Dr. Hubert wasted my time and a lot of money and has emotionally damaged me so much, not to mention he was rude and dismissive each time I saw him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
Stay clear!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Feinman did not listen to my concerns. He was more interested in spewing out his knowledge and personal thoughts. Every time I saw him, he would interrupt me, would sound irritated by my questions. Half of the time he didn't remember ever having met me.
Describe the protocols Michael Feinman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Menopur in the hope that I could do timed intercourse, for a period of 6 months, to see if I could fall pregnant without the need for an IUI or IVF procedure. It was a waste of time. Didn't understand my personal situation and nor did he bother to check for himself.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dulce Ramirez)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The Westlake Office was small, felt a little deserted and old. Minimal going on here, doctors visits, blood-work and ultrasounds. Actual procedures were done at their other offices. The receptionist here was very sweet but a little absent-minded, forgetful and not exactly the smartest tool in the box.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
There were a lot of things wrong with this particular Branch of the clinic. Staff are not very smart, errors forgetting to charge for things, then charging at a later date. Doctor was awful, place wasn't welcoming or inviting. All things that really matter when you are doing a procedure of this kind. IVF plays into a lot of different emotions.
Westlake Village

He [Dr. Feinman] had no intention of changing protocol. I wasn't allowed to speak to the lab. I was given no information as to their grading or what abnormalities. ... He was nice enough during the visits if not seemingly little annoyed if I asked questions. The end result was that there were no normal embryos. ... If you are young and have plenty of healthy eggs you will probably be fine but his one size fits all approach is not a fit for older women or women with special circumstances.
The staff [HRC] are very friendly especially the financial people. The in house acupuncture is also great. I still see Pei-Jen even though I've switched clinics for treatment. It's nice that the egg retrievals are done in the same location and you can get parking validated if you buy something at the cafe downstairs. ... Acupuncture is 100 a visit. The IVF cycle came to around 25,000 ... Trey [nurse] was inconsistent in her communication. Sometimes great and sometimes she'd go MIA. She was kind and encouraging but not super helpful in terms of the actual medical side of things.
How was your experience with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
During our consultation Dr. Feinman told us there was nothing you could do to affect the quality of your eggs, they are what they are and nothing will change that not even drinking and smoking! He also had a coffee mug that said his medical degree trumps your google search. I should have gone with my gut but I just wanted to get started. He was nice enough during the visits if not seemingly little annoyed if I asked questions. The end result was that there were no normal embryos. He had no intention of changing protocol. I wasn't allowed to speak to the lab. I was given no information as to their grading or what abnormalities.
The staff were always very kind and the office never felt overcrowded or hectic.
Clomid, Follistim, Ganerelix and Menopur. I was given no insight as to how or why.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Trey Shade)
Trey was inconsistent in her communication. Sometimes great and sometimes she'd go MIA. She was kind and encouraging but not super helpful in terms of the actual medical side of things. I was given incorrect needles for the instructions I was given, she didn't know how to use a Q-cap for the menapur (she would try and pop it out instead of putting it on the vial then releasing the packaging), and a few other glitches.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The staff are very friendly especially the financial people. The in house acupuncture is also great. I still see Pei-Jen even though I've switched clinics for treatment. It's nice that the egg retrievals are done in the same location and you can get parking validated if you buy something at the cafe downstairs.
Acupuncture is 100 a visit. The IVF cycle came to around 25,000
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
The problems I encountered are outlined in my other answers.
Encino