Medical SchoolU. of Alabama
Orlando
2100 Aloma Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32792
(407) 339-BABY (2229)
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Fox to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Michael Fox] took time to go every how everything would work. Why we are were we are today and the things we can do to help. Never made me feel uncomfortable. If I was confused on what he was saying he would break it down for me step my step and explain definition of any words we didn't understand who how they fit into our treatments. When I explained that I was scared or nervous he took time to assure me of the risks and benefits to make sure I was comfortable with everything. When I had extra questions after I was able to call and get the answers I needed.
How was your experience with Michael Fox at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He took time to go every how everything would work. Why we are were we are today and the things we can do to help. Never made me feel uncomfortable. If I was confused on what he was saying he would break it down for me step my step and explain definition of any words we didn't understand who how they fit into our treatments. When I explained that I was scared or nervous he took time to assure me of the risks and benefits to make sure I was comfortable with everything. When I had extra questions after I was able to call and get the answers I needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Fox at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Have patience and an open mind because if you don't you will not get what you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Fox at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Never once did I feel like I was think to benefit his practice. He always took all the time I needed and wanted with me and never pushed me away
Describe the protocols Michael Fox used in your cycles at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We used about 3 different methods. One or two of them before I had a procedure to help and then after was well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Dr Brittney Poe)
Dr Poe was so caring. She took so much time to explain in detail everything we were doing and if there was better ways of it was the best. Why it was, and that we fully understood everything
Describe your experience with Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They work with you scheduling very well. I had problems with getting time from work and they were awesome. They worked with us if we had billing questions and tried to get as much coverage as possible by insurance.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Fox at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
In the end it can be costly but each fee and procedure did seem to be affordable. We definatly didn't have money set aside but we were able to get what we needed up to the point of my body was not working for us and I have no other treatment options but IVF which we cant afford at this time
Describe Michael Fox's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I didn't use these services
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Fox does not have a good bedside manner. He has never smiled in all of my appointments with him, he was not willing to answer my questions and just would say "don't worry about that" and not answer. He was not very flexible or willing to try new things. Did not see like he cared if I had success or not.... He does batch cycles and does the same protocols for almost every patient. JCRM as a clinic treats the patients as a herd mentality and doesn't do a lot of individualized care.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Male Factor
I would advise someone to not see him. If you must, be aware he will not be a doctor that is compassionate or willing to answer your questions.
Dr. Fox is not very friendly. He would get annoyed when I would ask questions and it always felt like he wanted to rush me out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Brittany)
Brittany was mostly good to work with. She was friendly and helpful and answered questions quickly. The only thing I didn't like was when I had failures I did not feel like she really cared.
Describe your experience with Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
JCRM has some serious billing issues. They constantly billed me incorrectly and are still sending bills from a surgery done a year ago. They often run late. Most of the nurses are pretty good though.
IVF cycles are very affordable with this clinic. Around 6800-7000 plus medication. I also had surgery with them that totaled to be around 2000 out of pocket.
I only had 1 blast to transfer each time
What specific things went wrong at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine?
2014 - 2017
5 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Fox is a nice man, but he is old school. He isn't open to discuss new/trending/innovative treatments or tests. He is all about numbers and statistics and not about taking risks. I just felt that I didn't get the best care for MY BODY and issues.... I feel he treated me the same way he treated the woman before me and the woman after me. I did not feel like an individual.... 2 IUIs... 3rd IUI converted to mini-IVF (less meds) due to too many stimulated follicles.
2014 - 2017
European, Middle Eastern
5 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Do not assume he knows all.
2 IUIs... 3rd IUI converted to mini-IVF (less meds) due to too many stimulated follicles. This resulted in OHSS and 0 embryos. Mini-IVF #2 (less meds) resulted in 8 eggs and 2 Day 5 embryos... transferred both. BFN. IVF#3 resulted in 13 eggs but no embryos. (also under care of 3rd doctor) IVF#4 donor egg cycle. 16 eggs and 5 Day 5 embryos... transferred 1 (due to age and quality of embryo). Only 1 of remaining made it to freeze. Switched doctors after he claimed "maybe" there's a chromosomal issue with sperm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Traci Nurcellari)
I love Traci. Answered messages/emails by end of day if not sooner. She was knowledgeable and answered all my questions. She kept up with Rx refills and follow ups.
Describe your experience with Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is pretty and well kept. The staff is amazingly friendly. As much as I hate going there I'm never uncomfortable or ignored. Everyone remembers my name! Not sure that's a good thing. The nurses like to learn and I don't mind them using me as an example/teaching moment if it just betters the staff.
It's 99% out of pocket, so basically a year's salary.
If all embryos are high quality he doesn't recommend transferring more than 1 (if under 40) BUT it is up to the couple/female.
2009 - 2014
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr Fox seems to prescribe the same treatment to all patients starting with his low carb diet. When I wasn't getting success from IVF, he never even blinked at changing the protocol, which led to more failure...He will remember you but not what your treatment has been and the results. During appointments with him, he is constantly flipping through my chart to see what was going on, it didn't seem like he reviewed the chart beforehand at all. Appointments with him were consistently hours late...
2009 - 2014
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
He does not have very good bedside manner. He will remember you but not what your treatment has been and the results. During appointments with him, he is constantly flipping through my chart to see what was going on, it didn't seem like he reviewed the chart beforehand at all. Appointments with him were consistently hours late.
Be your own advocate and stand up for yourself. If something is not working, demand that a change be made.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sabrina)
My nurse was nice and seemed to have good intentions. She was usually available if I had questions or needed something clarified. However, after my third IVF at this clinic, and another negative test, I didn't hear from them at all asking how I was doing or if I wanted to start another treatment. It's almost as if THEY gave up on me. That is when I knew it was time to look for a new doctor.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They would schedule multiple appointments at the same time (3 people for each 30 minute window). If you weren't the first one at 8am to sign in, you would definitely not be seen until 8:30.
It was cheaper than most. Around $4000 for our first IVF mini cycle. Around $6000 for the second and third cycles. Medications not included and depends on the coverage you have.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr Fox is very straightforward. He is knowledgeable and opinionated based on his research and experience. He is a big believer in treating the whole patient rather than a quick fix.... He did an HSG and hysteroscopy along with a lot of blood work. He then performed laparoscopic surgery to remove endometriosis and a septum in my uterus. While in there he removed fibroids and diagnosed a hernia.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr Fox is very straightforward. He is knowledgeable and opinionated based on his research and experience. He is a big believer in treating the whole patient rather than a quick fix. He won’t just jump to IVF unless he deems it medically necessary.
Be prepared to hear about making lifestyle and dietary changes. He won’t be warm and fuzzy.
I feel that he has always been honest and forthcoming with info. He takes his time as needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kacie)
She has been available anytime I need her. I can reach her by email or phone and she is always able to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Wait times can be long, but when you are in there they treat you like you are the only patient. The staff is all very friendly and knowledgeable. They were very compassionate through my experience. I love that they treat the whole patient to find out what is causing infertility rather than just producing a baby.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Fox is a very straightforward guy. He tells you the facts without emotion, which can be very valuable in this process (because it can also be horribly emotional for you), but can also be kind of jarring if you don't go into your visits prepared for whatever news might be coming...He always remembered me and treated me and my husband with respect...He prescribed a low carb diet, surgery for the endo, and suggested IVF. His rationale for the IVF was my age and the fact that my endo had gone untreated for so long.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Take notes when he's talking to you about treatment, and try not to go alone, is at all possible. That way, if you happen to miss something (as the fertility process can be very confusing) the person with you can help you disseminate the info later.
He always remembered me and treated me and my husband with respect.
The nursing staff at JCRM is very compassionate and caring. They will make sure you understand everything, and if they need to, consult your doctor for further clarification.
Describe your experience with Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The Jacksonville office is very large. Sometimes, it can feel a little overwhelming. I preferred the Gainesville location.
My costs were very high (which is why we were unable to pursue IVF) because of my insurance. I don't believe his clinic charges outrageous prices.
2011 - 2012
IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr Fox] really seems to care. He remembered me from visit to visit. He was (crazy) passionate about his diet plan and would discuss it and follow through each time. His "what went wrong" discussions were compassionate and worthwhile.
2011 - 2012
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He appeared caring and compassionate, knowledgable and passionate about building families.
He is going to put you on a no carb diet. It is his thing. He is crazy passionate about it.
He really seems to care. He remembered me from visit to visit. He was (crazy) passionate about his diet plan and would discuss it and follow through each time. His "what went wrong" discussions were compassionate and worthwhile.
We did IVF, but I don't recall the specific drugs that were used. They were adjusted as we did the various cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katrina)
No one wants a miscarriage but I have had them with 3 different REs. The nursing staff at this office was the most compassionate while I went through it. For regular cycles they were always quick to respond and helpful.
Describe your experience with Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
As I mentioned before, Dr. Fox is PASSIONATE about a no carb diet. This can be a hard pill to swallow.
It was a package IVF deal for several cycles that was less expensive than other clinics in the area but did not include meds costs.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
It's never easy to hear things aren't working physically. He [Dr. Michael Fox] did a good job of being to the point and potential solutions. He had a lot of ideas about treatment that made sense and was able to communicate them well. He doesn't tend to come off as compassionate as other doctors I've seen, but he has a lot of information which I respect...After a semen analysis, he recommended putting me on hormone injections and a ketogenic diet.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
It's never easy to hear things aren't working physically. He did a good job of being to the point and potential solutions. He had a lot of ideas about treatment that made sense and was able to communicate them well. He doesn't tend to come off as compassionate as other doctors I've seen, but he has a lot of information which I respect.
Make sure to bring someone along who you can process information with after the consult.
He was kind and answered all the questions we had.
They were busy, not a lot of communication with them but they did their jobs.
Surgery, Post surgery, Medicine, consult