Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Florida
ResidencyBayfront Medical
FellowshipWayne State
836 Prudential Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32207
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Freeman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
He [Dr. Freeman] genuinely cares about his patients...is always upfront and honest with my wife and I. He doesn’t allow room for false hope and we really like that. We are 100 percent self pay and try’s his best to not do anything that’s going to cause extra...When things unexpectedly happen he always answers our questions and doesn’t fill us with false hope. I feel comfortable with him during our scans and IUIs.
How was your experience with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor freeman has and continues to be honest with us. When things unexpectedly happen he always answers our questions and doesn’t fill us with false hope. I feel comfortable with him during our scans and IUIs. I have recommended two of my friends there and they are currently patients of his.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I would let them know that he is honest and blunt. Doesn’t beat around the bush and in this journey that’s something that is needed. He doesn’t give you the feeling of just wanting to take your money and move into the next. He genuinely cares about his patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor freeman is always upfront and honest with my wife and I. He doesn’t allow room for false hope and we really like that. We are 100 percent self pay and try’s his best to not do anything that’s going to cause extra. He makes us feel as though he really cares. His staff is also amazing because they never get tired of me calling and asking questions.
Describe the protocols Michael Freeman used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Our consultation was very informative. We asked me questions about my health and then scheduled blood work and an HSG right away. My first IUI was a natural cycle. My second cycle he decided to get me on letrozole due to the first IUI failure. He also monitored me closing and for this IUI he introduced a trigger shot. I didn’t respond as well as he hoped to the meds but we did the second IUI with a trigger shot. Unfortunately that was also a failure. My third IUI was a natural perfect cycle with a trigger but that was also a failure. We are currently taking a small 3 week break and starting back with letrozole for a fourth cycle. I am confident in the choices he has made. He always asks me what I think or how I feel about using the meds. He never assumes I’m ok with it. He’s gives us choices and what the possible out come could be of either choice.
The nursing staff is always will to take my call when I need it the most. If for some reason they can’t they always return my phone call. They care compassionate and caring. Even when I feel like I call too much or ask too many silly questions they never make me feel that way.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Since we are an lgbt couple we use donor sperm. I do wish I could do the IUI at the office that’s closest to me instead of driving two hours away for the IUI. I understand why they do it this way so it’s not something that turns me away. The two friends that I referred there don’t use donor sperm so they are able to to the IUIs at the closer clinic. Both offices are always very clean and sterile.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We are self pay so to me the prices are reasonable compared to other clinics I’ve researched. They are very up front with their prices on their website. Our IUI is only 310. Trigger shot was 115 and ultra sound was 135. Also, our consultation initially was 100 but went down to 70 after the third one. I feel comfortable paying these prices and never feel cheated or taken advantage of.
Describe Michael Freeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I have not spoken to dr freeman about this process yet.
IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Freeman takes on difficult cases and doesn't give up quickly... is wonderful, he's both warm and smart. He gives you the facts but in a caring way. When we have spoken on both the phone and with a sit down in his office, he takes the time to answer all your questions or explain it in a different way if you don't understand...We went through everything and discussed the changes that we would make in hopes of a better outcome all around ( more eggs, better quality) so that we will have more embryos in the next round. We felt very confident in our new plan, but still wanted a little break and he was totally understanding of that and agreed, reassuring me that whenever I'm ready for round 2, so is he!
IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Although our 1st round of IVF didn't go the way any of us ( including Dr. Freeman) wanted, we had a consult with him after our FET failed and he was very compassionate. We went through everything and discussed the changes that we would make in hopes of a better outcome all around ( more eggs, better quality) so that we will have more embryos in the next round. We felt very confident in our new plan, but still wanted a little break and he was totally understanding of that and agreed, reassuring me that whenever I'm ready for round 2, so is he!
Don't be afraid to ask tough questions! Dr. Freeman takes on difficult cases and doesn't give up quickly
Dr. Freeman is wonderful, he's both warm and smart. He gives you the facts but in a caring way. When we have spoken on both the phone and with a sit down in his office, he takes the time to answer all your questions or explain it in a different way if you don't understand.
Our primary diagnosis is PCOS/Unexplained Infertility. All of my anatomic diagnostic tests - HSG, SHG/Mock transfer, and general uterine biopsy all came back great. No blockages, cysts, polyps, fibroids, inflammation or infections. My bloodwork all looked good other then an elevated AMH ( in the 9.0 range) and slightly elevated testosterone and lots of follicles on US lead to the PCOS diagnosis. So we slightly conservative with the protocol to hopefully avoid OHSS. We did Gonal-F (125 units for 6 days and then 175units for 6 days), Menopur (one vialfor 12 days) and Cetrotide ( added in on the 6th day). After 12 days double triggered with 40 units of Lupron ( 24 and 12 hrs before retrevial). We retrieved 13 eggs, but only 6 were mature. At FIRM if you are doing PGS, all eggs must be ICSI'd so we did that for the 6 and only 2 made it to Day 5, we still chose PGS and we got one PGS normal, so the next cycle we did an ERA biopsy to make sure we transferred at the perfect time in hopes of avoiding a failed transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty Josim)
Patty was the nurse that I interacted with the most during my cycle. We did all of our paperwork, injection teaching and she called me with most of my test results. She always called me back the same day if I left a message and was available to answer questions. The rest of the FIRM staff is also great, the scheduling staff, medical assistants and billing department are friendly, kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
FIRM is a large practice with 5 great RE's, you always see an MD for your appointments and they do treatments based on your cycle ( no batch IVF, retrevials or transfers) they do it all everyday and the care is very personalized. Another thing that I love is that most everything is done "in-house" including PGS testing and its all contained on the same floor. The only thing that I wish was that they had slightly better hours. They are open 7:00-4:30 M-F but close for almost 2 hours (12-2) for lunch and staff meetings so you cant get ahold of them during that time.
Our single IVF round included monitoring US and bloodwork, egg retrieval, sedation, ICSI, biopsy for PGS, storage of embryos and 1 FET cycle ( 1 US and blood draw, thaw and transfer of embryo and beta blood draw) and it was 11,600.00 ( that also reflects a 10% military discount). -Meds were not included and separate ( approx. 2500.00-3000.00) -we also did an ERA biopsy cycle( approx. 1800.00)
This was a topic that we spoke about at our initial IVF consult, because we decided to do PGS, Dr. Freeman only recommends transferring 1 embryo at a time. Even if we hadn't done PGS, he doesn't recommend transferring multiples at my current age (33). I appreciated his honesty and professional opinion.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological, Unexplained
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological, Unexplained
I switched to Dr. Freeman after about 1 1/2 years with another doctor in the same practice, who was not a good fit for me. The nurses recommended Dr. Freeman when I requested a change, and I'm grateful I took their advice. (For what it's worth, he seems to be genuinely liked and respected by the clinic staff.) I've read many posts describing 'miracle babies' and while I appreciate the idea, I don't think this pregnancy (now in my second trimester!) happened by luck or accident. It was the result of good medicine and a skilled physician who worked hard to ensure a positive outcome. Dr. Freeman was open to innovation and new ideas, willing to change course, and put in time and effort to devising the best, most personalized treatment for me. Most importantly, he treated me with respect, kindness, and, often, humor (much appreciated during what can be a very trying time). Whereas I felt like some other doctors can get hung up on their title and dr/patient dynamic, he was more approachable. He provided me the detailed information I asked for and didn't talk down to me. That is what I am most grateful for - if my pregnancy hadn't happened, I would have been devastated, but I still would have been grateful to have been treated with such compassion. Given how gut-wrenching and humiliating this infertility journey can be, I can't emphasize enough how much his respect and kindness meant.
Throughout this entire process, I learned how to be my own advocate, and that helped me get to a better result. Come prepared; ask plenty of questions and share your concerns. Understandably, the doctors are very busy, but in my experience, Dr. Freeman will take time for you. For me, it helped to do research ahead of time and bring my questions to the visit. Also, I found my nurse coordinator to be a great resource and liaison.
Switching to Dr. Freeman was a real turning point for me and one of the best decisions I made during this entire 3-year process. I'd felt that my previous doctor dismissed my concerns and refused to deviate from a predetermined, one-size-fits-all procedure. Dr. Freeman took time to answer my questions and considered my ideas. I felt heard for the first time at this practice, even if we disagreed. And he didn't act as if my questions were a nuisance, even when I had a lot of them (which was more often than not). When my transfers didn't work, he was willing to change course and worked very hard to find a solution that was right for me. Throughout, I was grateful that he took time to understand my case, my history, and my concerns.
By the time I switched to Dr. Freeman, I'd already undergone several IUIs, an egg retrieval, and several frozen embryo transfers with another doctor. During my first visit, he diagnosed my uterine septum (which my previous dr had said wasn't an issue) and later removed it successfully - as someone who has had multiple miscarriages, I'm relieved and grateful to have that obstacle removed. He performed an ERA test and recommended, for the first time, a battery of blood tests that indicated a MTHFR mutation, for which he prescribed corrective medication. Following these procedures, Dr. Freeman did my fourth FET with two embryos. While we disagreed on whether to transfer one or two, his advice was sound and he was respectful of my decision. Unfortunately, that transfer wasn't successful, and I was devastated. We met to discuss, and I will be forever grateful for his compassion during a very difficult time. He listened to my concerns and though he didn't profess to have all of the answers, came up with several new ideas for the next transfer (my last remaining euploid embryo). He also retested my AMH level to help me decide whether or not to proceed with another FET or go into another egg retrieval. Having had so many prior losses and disappointments, I was skeptical, but I trusted that he was trying to do the right thing and figured it was worth a shot. To my surprise, it worked. The magic formula turned out to be a 'natural cycle' FET, meaning a transfer timed to my body's own ovulation and without estrogen supplementation and only minimal progesterone. He also prescribed steroids to ward off any immune issues and blood thinners (baby aspirin and Lovenox injections). While I don't necessarily have a diagnosed immune or clotting issue, I appreciated his willingness to deviate from my previous regimen. As he said at one point, "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, let's treat it as one." I don't think I would have been able to try something like this with the other physician, and I wouldn't have gotten this outcome if I hadn't switched to Dr. Freeman. My regret is that I didn't change sooner- I can't help but wonder how much heartache I could have avoided if I did. Following my positive pregnancy test, I've remained very anxious given past experience and loss. He was understanding during each visit, and I appreciated his patience and candid feedback. I've since transferred to an OB, but if everything goes well, I hope to come back for a future cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty Jossim)
As grateful as I am to Dr. Freeman, Patty, my IVF coordinator, was the best thing about my entire experience. She was always there to answer questions and help me find solutions. She kept me going through the darkest of days, and I'll remember her kindness for the rest of my life. I know I'm not alone in my gratitude, but it's such a personal thing - I wouldn't be having a baby without her help - that I'll always be thankful for her. The rest of the clinic staff - from the nurses to the assistants and front desk - were also very kind. Hearing how happy they all were when I finally, finally, finally got pregnant was such a joy - and a demonstration of how supportive they were throughout. And while it's easy to remember how people treat you in happy moments, there's a lot of grief that goes into this process. I am most grateful for their compassion during those difficult times.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
FIRM is a very well-respected clinic with good results and a long track record, and where I live, it's really the only option within driving distance. For the first part of my experience, I regretted not living in a bigger city and having more options and access to research, but after switching doctors and finding the right fit, even if I were to move away, I'd likely still come back for care. It's also convenient with parking and in a good hospital. My experience wasn't all perfect, however. I chose my first doctor in the practice based on location and though I know a lot of people like him, he was not a good fit for me. Were I to do it again, I'd ask more questions of the nurse coordinator upfront about the different physicians' styles and try to determine who I should see. And I'd be more quick to advocate for myself and switch to one that met my needs. Finally, I wish there was more transparency and communication with personal medical records - perhaps either through a patient portal or other access. I like to have a lot of information and found it frustrating not to be able to keep up with my treatment plan/records. After multiple requests since leaving the practice, I was finally able to obtain a copy of my own records and reading through the summary of my initial visit with the first doctor, I found several inaccuracies about my history. It's likely nothing that affected my treatment, but I wish I'd had the chance to correct it. I also wish they had a more informative Facebook page with current articles and links to resources (like resolve.org, for example).
Unfortunately my insurance won't pay for anything infertility-related, so I had to finance my egg retrieval. Initial costs were $18K- $15,000 for FIRM plus $3,000 for stimulation medication during the ER. That included PGS-testing, which as a patient in my late 30's, I'm very glad I did. I think that also included the fee for my first transfer, but I can't remember. Each subsequent FETs cost $3,000 plus $1000+ in medications each cycle and about $100/month in medications to treat my MTHFR condition (also not covered by insurance, even once I had a confirmed pregnancy). I also had to pay out of pocket for my ERA test (can't remember the exact costs, but I believe it was close to $1,000) and anesthesia related to my septum removal ($500-ish?) and other per-visit costs. This was after my IUIs, which I think ran about $800-1,000 each (but it's been a while). Co-pays once I had a confirmed pregnancy were generally about $50, depending on other tests. All in all, a very expensive couple of years - it's hard to budget just based on the base price list on the website, because (at least in my experience) there were a lot of extras that added up quickly. I don't think FIRM was necessarily much different than other clinics, but lack of insurance coverage for infertility is something that needs to be addressed nationally.
He strongly advocated for a single transfer vs. two, but let me make the decision in the end. At that point, it was my fourth transfer overall and given the emotional and financial toll, I wanted to be more aggressive. I listened to his arguments (which were certainly valid and based on good medicine) and did agonize over the right thing to do. When I decided to transfer two, he didn't try to shame me or make me feel like a bad person. Again, I felt much more respected than in previous situations. In the end, however, that particular transfer wasn't successful and I only had one embryo left for my final transfer - and that was the one that stuck.
Jacksonville
Dr. Freeman is very warm and patient. He is willing to answer questions and try new things if you ask. He understands and has looked into the most recent studies and knows what is new, does not only go by the old ways of doing things. He will take his time with the appointment...decided to try a cervical dilatation on me before transfer. My other clinics had never done this or mentioned it. After several very difficult iuis, transfers, mock transfers etc I was shocked that this was even an option to try. I still have not had my transfer so not sure if it will help but it was something that was a definite good idea when my last transfer took 3 hours with another clinic.
Ask questions and make sure you know what your plan is.
He is very caring, warm, and patient. He is always willing to explain and answer questions and does not rush through the appointment.
Dr. Freeman decided to try a cervical dilatation on me before transfer. My other clinics had never done this or mentioned it. After several very difficult iuis, transfers, mock transfers etc I was shocked that this was even an option to try. I still have not had my transfer so not sure if it will help but it was something that was a definite good idea when my last transfer took 3 hours with another clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Emma)
My nurse is Emma. She is very warm and caring. She definitely shows compassion when tough things happen. Instead of acting cold she acts like she understands and feels what I am going through. She emails or calls back fairly quickly.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The only negative is that billing can be really hard to get ahold of. There were a few times I called and never received a call back from billing, even days later. As far as strengths, they are usually on time. Nurses are nice. Clinic is clean.
I did a donor embryo cycle. It was around $5200 for everything including transfer. I believe the regular cycles are about $8200 not including medicine.
I am on my 3rd transfer and he is willing to let me try 2 embryos since 1 has not worked.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Michael Freeman] is up to date on the latest research and techniques and very knowledgeable. He took on my case and never gave up on me despite me being a very difficult case...Dr. Freeman takes his time to make sure you fully understand all options in your treatment. He never seems rushed or like you are bothering him with questions. I always did a lot of research and had a ton of questions and he always addressed every concern or question or crazy idea I had with compassion and a well thought out answer. He performed several surgeries on me and he was very good at calming me down and sitting down with my husband to make sure he fully understood what was going on as well.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
I always felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Freeman. He is up to date on the latest research and techniques and very knowledgeable. He took on my case and never gave up on me despite me being a very difficult case. I had a lot of things going against me (diminished ovarian reserve, blocked tubes, repeated ectopic pregnancies, miscarriage, uterine issues, MTHFR) and he never gave me the impression that there was no hope. He also has a great sense of humor that put my husband and I at ease.
Come ready with questions. He will address them all and make you feel more comfortable with the process.
My AMH is non-existent. At 34 years old, I had the AMH of a 40 year old. Dr. Freeman said that because I was young, he knew there were good eggs but that the quantity was very low. Because of this, he started IVF with the highest doses of meds possible. I only got 9 eggs and only 2 of them made it to day 3. We transferred both. That ended in a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Freeman gave me the option of a more natural IVF cycle with my own eggs, or a donor cycle. We decided to move straight to donor eggs. In both of my donor egg cycles, I got pregnant. But in the first it was a singular ectopic and in the second I had a twin pregnancy with one ectopic in the tube and the other a miscarriage in the uterus. He removed a tube and also did a resection on the opening between the tube and the uterus. Dr. Freeman performed the surgeries both times. He then ran a full panel of tests for reoccurring loss and discovered I had MTHFR and that I wasn't properly absorbing folic acid. He prescribed me a special form of prenatal and an extra folic acid tablet that my body would be able to better metabolize. After this I was able to get pregnant naturally.
The nurses at FIRM are all amazing. They always give you a same day call back. They are available and on call nights and weekends. They bring you in on the same day if you have any concerns. Instructions for shots and medicines are given thoroughly. They are understanding of the stress of infertility and dealt really well with me when I was emotional or stressed.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
FIRM is a well oiled machine. They have been around a long time and have it down to a science. While you may not see your doctor at every visit, they do make sure that you see your doctor the majority of the time. They are opened early in the morning and on weekends so they are working around your schedule and cycle and not the other way around. They have many different offices in the area so it is very convenient. The doctors meet each day as a group to discuss the patients currently on the case load so that they are all on the same page if you happen to see a doctor that is not your primary. Doctors (not nurses) perform every ultrasound and procedure.
The costs at FIRM are 10-15% lower than the National Average. An IUI will run around 700-800 (including meds),. The three cycle IVF plan is around 15,000. There are several partial refund guarantee programs as well.
In 2014, Dr. Freeman transferred 2 embryos. But I know that now him and the clinic prefer a single embryo transfer.
Jacksonville
What I value most is that while being supportive and positive, he [Dr. Michael Freeman] managed not to give me false hopes and managed my expectations as best as possible. He always kept me informed what is to happen and why and what are my chances for success based on my medical history and age according to statistical data and his opinion as a doctor. He always stressed on the fact that while there is correlation between certain facts, individual patients results may widely vary, so that results of treatment can always be somewhat unpredictable. Another aspect that I appreciate is that I never had to wait more than 5 min to be seen. For
He and his practice are extremely attentive to their patients needs. What I value most is that while being supportive and positive, he managed not to give me false hopes and managed my expectations as best as possible. He always kept me informed what is to happen and why and what are my chances for success based on my medical history and age according to statistical data and his opinion as a doctor. He always stressed on the fact that while there is correlation between certain facts, individual patients results may widely vary, so that results of treatment can always be somewhat unpredictable. Another aspect that I appreciate is that I never had to wait more than 5 min to be seen. For a working professional as me, it was extremely important that I am in and out as fast as possible so to take care of my other responsibilities. The time I spend in his office on average was no more than 30 minutes, but it was time well spent, as he is right to the point. For my 4 IUI, I was sometimes monitored from a nurse, but most of the time I saw the doctor. However, once I began IVF treatments, I was always, always seen by the doctor. Finally, it is important to note that the rest of the staff is as efficient as possible and very supportive in helping me with everything from direction on administering medications, to promptly sending prescriptions to the pharmacy of my choice to billing and scheduling.
His bedside manner is impeccable. Personal attention is highly valued and provided. Candid and delicate in managing my expectations.
First I had the standard comprehensive blood work done in addition to a ultrasound examination of all my fertility organs. My husband had a semen analysis done and those results came back normal as well. After all results came back normal, I was prescribed to perform HSG for tubal infertility. The result from that showed open tubes. As no medical issue was found I was recommended to start on Chlomid and perform IUI. We did 4 cycles of IUI with negative pregnancy results. After that I was informed that statistically speaking the treatment that would give me highest chances of getting pregnant was IVF. Thus we pursued with our first IVF cycle. My medical insurance did not cover fertility so I took a personal loan. The cycle cost me with medication about $15,000. I am a low responder to fertility medicines, so I had to stay on the highest dosage possible for the longest period of time possible to be able to produce 7 eggs out of which 5 were retrieved and 3 fertilized and grew to become day 5 embryos. We chose to transfer just 1 embryo in order to avoid possible multiples pregnancy. The result was negative pregnancy. A month later, we attempted a second try. My employer had swetched insurance providers and my new insurance covered infertility treatments up to 25K with 10% copay and 3K deductible. This is the only reason, I was able to afford this second try. However, halfway through the cycle, the doctor discovered that I would maybe produce just one or two viable eggs and advised me to cancel the cycle and try again next month. This is exactly what we did. I had to buy again more medications to replenish the ones I had used up to that point in my second attempt. We started again in March 2016 for our 3rd and last attempt. I was able to produce 6 eggs and 4 were retrieved and 3 fertilized to become day 5 embryos. This time around we were advised to transfer 2 and we did. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with 1 baby to come on Christmas day, 2016 :)
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It is clean and the staff is very organized, attentive and friendly. During my course of treatment I have visited a total of 3 of their offices, 2 in Jacksonville and the one in Daytona Beach and my experience in all three was exactly the same.
Each IUI cycle cost around $500. IVF cost for not insured patients start at $6,000 but with assisted hatching and assisted fertilization, preservationist of embryos not used the price went up to $8,000. The majority of the medications were bought overseas from www.ivfmeds.com which saved some money, but with the dosage adjusted to the highest dosage after the first 2 monitoring visits on the first cycle and total days on medication adjusted from average of 10days to (in my specific case) to 14days and not enough time to order more to be shipped from overseas, I had to purchase a lot in the US, so my total cost was about $6,000 just for medications per cycle.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
In the clinic with Freeman I felt like I was just working through the protocols set in place but it was not tailored to my condition. I don't even know why we would have done an IUI...I felt him to be overworked and felt the process was redundant to him...I wish he would have been more aggressive with me considering my age and low OR. Question everything. If you are like me then why would you try IUI? Question that. At my age I don't have time to spend 3 years with your protocol.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Someone who had a sucessfull IVF and good experience with Freeman recommended me so I went in hopeful. Maybe we just didn't jive which I know happens. I felt him to be overworked and felt the process was redundant to him. When he did the first labs on me I was totally overwhelmed. I was told my AMH was low, below normal but not really what that meant. For the longest time I thought I was unexplained infertility but not until I saw my new clinic did I understand that I was diminished ovarian reserve and then later I had stage 3.5-4 Endo. In the clinic with Freeman I felt like I was just working through the protocols set in place but it was not tailored to my condition. I don't even know why we would have done an IUI. Then the fact that I never saw him for treatment - it was a revolving door here and every time I felt as if I was taking steps back in my treatment plan b/c only Freeman knew my condition. For example during IUI - the doc who performed was perfectly fine making the call my 1 follical was ok to inseminate. But then in the consult with Freeman he disagreed and said he would have wanted more to perform an IUI. I felt - well I would have rather you canceled then have me spend $5500 to find that out. I lost all hope and faith that day. That is when I moved clinics...
Someone I know loved Freeman and was successful with getting pregnant so my experience is different then another. He never brought up Endo to me so that concerns me deeply - go in knowing what to ask. I was new in my journey and just trusted he would take me there but that didn't happen. I wish he would have been more aggressive with me considering my age and low OR. Question everything. If you are like me then why would you try IUI? Question that. At my age I don't have time to spend 3 years with your protocol.
I only saw Dr. Freeman during consults - otherwise it was a swinging door of who was treating me and as the other doctors came in who were partners I knew they didn't know anything about me but was just there to perform the procedure. I know this b/c during my IUI I asked the doctor about my possible results and he said it depends on my condition - so he didn't even know anything about me.
Labs were ordered as what is normal and then discussed with me. Treatment plan was not necessarily a plan but seemed like a protocol for everyone. I didn't even get anything written down. A friend of mine who had been treated elsewhere seemed way more educated in the process and what to expect. It was not that organized here - just here is some literature.
I didn't have much experience with nursing staff - I just thought they were MA's? And when I had questions they seemed confused or not willing to help.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
There was a women doctor here with a German name that was amazing. But they rotate doctors so I could never make it work - and I had a flexible schedule at the time. I don't feel it's organized here and patient centered. Rotating door of docs would be ok if I felt like they took time to read my file before coming in the room or consult before performing a procedure they disagreed on. They have flexible hours to come in for things and weekend visits. That was helpful.
IUI $5500
Jacksonville
at day 6 he [Dr. Michael Freeman] upped my dosage to 200iu gonal f through day 11 to increase my eggs grow time... We had great results - 26 eggs collected, 25 mature, and 24 fertilized. Out of the 24, 12 made it to day 5 blasts graded from AB to BB. I transferred one 5AB and got pregnant...Dr. Freeman takes his time speaking with us, and is empathetic to our situation...Dr. Freeman is a very down to earth, yet blunt doctor. He takes his time to discuss hard to understand fertility terms and procedures and makes them easy to understand. He can be a little straight to the point, but I don't feel like that's a bad thing. He is open to suggestions as well, which is not the case for most REs.
Be your own advocate and he will listen.
He used the antagonist protocol (Gonal-F 175iu a day, and Menopur - 1 vial), at day 6 he upped my dosage to 200iu gonal f through day 11 to increase my eggs grow time. Day 5 on Cetrotide was also included. We had great results - 26 eggs collected, 25 mature, and 24 fertilized. Out of the 24, 12 made it to day 5 blasts graded from AB to BB. I transferred one 5AB and got pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
The nursing staff at the Daytona location are AMAZING! Always kind and professional and really accommodating.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is close to my house (Daytona Beach office), friendly nursing staff, and you get to see the doctor for every monitoring appointment. Never a long wait, and they are thorough, which I feel like is a hard combo to achieve. Very clean and very updated equipment. The convenience of having the lab in the office is nice as well.
IUI - $750, monitoring apt - $125, Consult with Insurance - $150
Dr. Freeman had a high preference for me to transfer just one embryo since this was our first transfer, and we are under the age of 35. We agreed that we would transfer 1, and if that didn't result in a pregnancy transfer 2 the next time.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
He [Dr. Michael Freeman] explains clearly without hiding any details. He is sympathetic without being condescending. He answered all of our questions without making us feel silly. He did my d&c after we lost the baby with compassion and tact.... Dr sees you every visit not a nurse practitioner. The office needs updating and isn't as nice as some others. They are compassionate and handled our two losses with tact. We like Dr. Freeman more than Dr. Erb.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
He explains clearly without hiding any details. He is sympathetic without being condescending. He answered all of our questions without making us feel silly. He did my d&c after we lost the baby with compassion and tact.
Ask for the information you want.
He was sensitive and patient
Femara with trigger and iui
Efficient
$750 for IUI cycle
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
[Dr. Freeman] Very nice. Explained everything that was happening and going to happen. Seemed very compassionate. Nice doctor. Tells you everything exactly, doesn't sugar coat it. Straight forward, but compassionate at the same time. Wonderful person and doctor...Described everything where I could understand. Very nice...IUI. Husband has low sperm count, mobility, and motility. Did it 5 times and none of them worked....Very knowledgeable [nursing staff]
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Ask all of the questions you have.
Described everything where I could understand. Very nice
Very knowledgeable.
Expensive since my insurance didn't cover anything.