Main Line Fertility

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Albany
610-527-0800
11 Industrial Blvd
Paoli, PA 19301
610-993-8200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Glassner to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Main Line Fertility to a friend?
Dr. Glassner is very knowledgeable and fairly blunt in his explanations. I personally appreciate the bluntness when it comes to my body, limitations, and expectations. Although blunt. it is evident Dr. Glassner cares about you as a person and helping you achieve my goals of having children is his complete focus. His humor and bedside manner was very helpful in alleviating stress and anxiety during procedures.... Dr. Glassner suggested an IUI during my initial appointments / testing to increase my chance of conception.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I would advise patients that he is blunt, but extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. In general, i would advise any patient to be a self advocate, ask questions about anything that makes you feel confused or hesitant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Main Line Fertility is a busy clinic, so sometimes personal attention each visit was difficult, but anytime I needed questions answered or explanations, I was absolutely given the attention I needed.
Describe the protocols Michael Glassner used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Glassner suggested an IUI during my initial appointments / testing to increase my chance of conception. Since the initial did not work, he suggested Clomid for 3 cycles, increasing the dosage each time w/ IUI. All IUIs were negative. Due to the failed IUIs and my low AMH level, he suggested bypassing further injectibles and to continue w/ IVF. About to begin my initial IVF cycle.
All of the nursing staff was compassionate, answered any questions regarding procedures, and gave me a full explanation of what to expect with each procedure / visit.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic's strengths include a highly organized team of knowledgeable individuals who are aware of your history and plan of care. All nurses and doctors are compassionate and assist you in understanding all procedures, risks, and rationales for treatments. One weakness I would cite is simply the busy nature of the clinic, which does not allow itself to give you personal attention and quality time with each visit. Due to the business of the clinic, it is important for you to be well informed and to be an advocate for yourself and ask questions / facilitate conversations.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility .
My diagnostic testing was covered by insurance; however medications, IUIs, and IVF costs were not covered, and therefore out of pocket.
Describe Michael Glassner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Main Line has a strict one embryo policy, and I appreciate and agree with their ethical rationale behind it.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Glassner always remembers our last conversations and fertility plans despite the weeks between our meetings. We specifically sought him out after requesting a second opinion, and he remembered the details of our initial conversation, moreover after our consultation, he called the next day (unprompted) to make sure the information he provided sunk in, and to see if I had follow up questions. I was impressed by his attention and his memory of each patient case.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner has a very specific style for his bedside manner. He has a good balance of jokes during his visits which we like, it provides levity to a situation that often feels heavy and anxiety ridden. He also knows when to share empathy and provide hope to his patients. During our first meeting, he shared his personal stories of fertility challenges, and was able to relate to my husband and made my emotional and physical needs feel met. If you’re ok with a very direct doctor (there’s no sugar coating here) and one that can make you laugh, then he’s your guy!
Be honest and direct with your needs. If you need to see him during an appointment, say so! He’s quite busy but will ALWAYS make time for you, you just have to ask.
I was on an 11 day regimen of Follistim and Menopur, will ganarellix used from days 6-11. We triggered with HCG which we believed would be best since we were going for the highest number possible. We discussed my previous RE’s recommendation of using a Lupron protocol, however because of my DOR he was candid to say this may actually have the opposite effect. As a result, we retrieved 9 mature follicles which was in our goal range originally outlined during our consultation.
The nursing staff are very compassionate and patient to answer all of your questions. I was nervous at first to be without a nurse coordinator, but I made a point to really get to know the nurses so they knew me as a patient. They have been very supportive and feel like extended family during this process.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic does a great job of working with a lot of patients and once and separating the patients based on treatment plan (eg: IVF patients have their own set of nursing staff from those seeking other fertility treatment plans.) at first, it was frustrating that I didn’t have one person to call and that knew my case, now that I’m well into my first IVF cycle, and I’ve spent more time at MLF, the office staff and nursing staff know me and remember my journey. They do a great job of easing your fears, but don’t be bashful about asking questions! Often times, if you don’t ask what’s next, the team will assume you know.
We specifically expressed our concern about costs especially since we were already thinking we would need to complete 2 retrieval’s and have no insurance coverage. Dr. Glassner was very open to say he would work with us in any way he could- that all we needed to do was to talk to him and be direct, but he would make sure we had a baby, in a way we could afford. After price shopping, this was the first time we EVER had an RE actually work with us and discuss cost.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Glassner immediately made me feel like I was important and he cared about my treatment. He was as excited about me getting pregnant and having a baby as much as I was. He treated my wife and I with respect as an LGBTQ couple and knew exactly what reciprocal IVF was and how to go about doing it.... He is warm, caring, thorough, and funny, which helps when the nerves of fertility treatment set in. He took time to help me understand exactly what the plan was and made sure we both were in it together to achieve the same goal.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner was fantastic from start to finish. He is warm, caring, thorough, and funny, which helps when the nerves of fertility treatment set in. He took time to help me understand exactly what the plan was and made sure we both were in it together to achieve the same goal. When things didn't work out as planned, he was there to make me feel optimistic again and help me understand that IVF takes time. I am forever grateful for the Dr. Glassner's expertise and the gift he helped me create, my daughter. I never felt like just a number, I always felt important and that Dr. Glassner shared the same goals I had for myself.
Stick with him, even when it feels like things aren't working as fast as you want them to. Fertility treatments take time and Dr. Glassner will be there every step of the way to help you create that family that you want for yourself.
From our very first visit with Dr. Glassner and our first consultation we knew we picked the right doctor and fertility clinic. Dr. Glassner immediately made me feel like I was important and he cared about my treatment. He was as excited about me getting pregnant and having a baby as much as I was. He treated my wife and I with respect as an LGBTQ couple and knew exactly what reciprocal IVF was and how to go about doing it. His sense of humor put me at ease when I was nervous about my embryo transfers and I felt completely comfortable with him. After my first failed embryo transfer Dr. Glassner called me to discuss what happened and what our next steps were. During a devastating time of not getting pregnant, he put me at ease and made me feel optimistic again. I knew that my wife and I would reach our goal of having a baby with Dr. Glassner. When we got pregnant, Dr. Glassner was excited for us! He always made us feel that we were his most important patients.
For both embryo transfers I was taking Gonal-F injections and having ultrasounds and blood work until I was ready for transfer. Dr. Glassner wanted my body to ovulate to help the transfer work. Once my body started to ovulate I had my embryo transfer. I also was on estradiol pills and progesterone in oil shots. Once I was pregnant I continued the pills and progesterone in oil shots until my 12th week of pregnancy.
The nursing staff at Main Line Fertility was amazing. They are the glue that holds the clinic together and kept me sane during my fertility treatment. They are extremely knowledgable in all this fertility and are there to answer questions, ease your nerves, and keep you positive. They were there for me every step of the way. During my failed transfer, the nurses comforted me and when my transfer worked they rejoiced with me. They knew exactly who I was, who my wife was, and our goal. I am forever grateful for every nurse that was involved with my care during my fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Main Line Fertility is clean, welcoming, thorough, knowledgeable, and overall fantastic. The staff is great from the front desk to the nurses to the doctors. They are knowledgeable and welcoming the LGBTQ patients and are able to provide a variety of different treatments to help create families. The staff makes you feel important and never like just another patient. Fertility treatments can be scary and stressful, but the clinic does everything to keep you informed, calm, and optimistic about achieving your goals.
Embryo transfer cost about $2500, PGS testing cost about $3000
I had the PGS testing done on the embryos, so Dr. Glassner only allowed transfer of one embryo. He stated that if I had not done PGS testing I would be able to put two embryos in. I was happy with his decision to put one embryo in because our embryos were considered genetically normal.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Definitely knows his stuff. [Michael Glassner] Tries to find the best treatment for the patient but a lot of patients dont have the financial means or insurance coverage to proceed with a aggressive approach like IUI or IVF. Injectables... I dont ovulate on my own and cycles are too long. In 2017 we did several cycles with clomid and metformin and my body did not respond at all. He was in my insurance network copays were only 15.00. Had to stop due to other health related issues.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Definitely knows his stuff. Tries to find the best treatment for the patient but a lot of patients dont have the financial means or insurance coverage to proceed with a aggressive approach like IUI or IVF. Injectables
Be patient
The attention given to every patient is unique and special at every consultation from the doctor and every staff member including the front desk, i will not go anywhere else hopefully will be able to conceive soon
I dont ovulate on my own and cycles are too long. In 2017 we did several cycles with clomid and metformin and my body did not respond at all. He was in my insurance network copays were only 15.00. Had to stop due to other health related issues. In 2018 they were no longer in my network copays were 45.00 for each visit and bills were applied to deductible. This time around we did femara and clomid my body responded to the meds I achieved two perfect follicles, ovulated but did not conceive my cervical mucus was there enough to help the sperm. I received bills in excess of 600.00 as my balance due to the deductible so i had to stop treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Excellent
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Excellent hours as early as 7am excellent for working women, everthing is done on site Ultrasounds, labs, surgeries at Bryn Mawr hospital across the street. Every employee is friendly compassionate and understanding, family oriented. They treat you as a human not just another number. That is important for any person as a patient.
In 2018 very expensive. My insurance coverage does not cover ivf and they were out of network this time around. Received a bill for 680.00 after they were applied to my out of network deductible and 45.00 copay due at the time of service. Clomid and femara out of pocket not covered by my insurance
Bryn Mawr
He [Dr. Glassner] seems to have a LOT of experience. From the first meeting I felt that he was going to be completely honest with me, and he even told us that he would give me the same advice he would give to his sister or someone else in his family that was going through this. He also brings a light side to things and jokes around - after all... what else can you do in this process? I would 100% recommend him to anyone else.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He seems to have a LOT of experience. From the first meeting I felt that he was going to be completely honest with me, and he even told us that he would give me the same advice he would give to his sister or someone else in his family that was going through this. He also brings a light side to things and jokes around - after all... what else can you do in this process? I would 100% recommend him to anyone else.
Have an idea in your head of what you might want to do first. Meaning... if you are ok with just a few meds combinied with IUI or if you would like to do natural cycles. How comfortable you are with IUI and or IVF - be committed to your own path.
Always felt VERY welcomed in the office from the time I walk in until I leave. All the Drs, Nurses, and PA's know my and my husbands name and treat us as if we are the most important or only ones there, even though there are a million other patients. Dr. Glassner even called to follow up after our first initial appt. And his PA, Rachel takes time in the office with me and over the phone to answer all of my 5,297 questions.
We started out with Clomid only and IUI cycles. We then personally decided to only to natural cycles of IUI because I did not feel comfortable with the meds, which he was fine with. However recommend meds because it was not working without. He is now recommending we move forward with IVF because we gave it a few tries already.
Amazing ! That is really the only word needed. Via phone and in the office there were always super compassionate and caring.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths would be the way they are organized, make you feel comfortable and at home. Really the only negative I'd say is to have a little more room in some of the waiting rooms -- sometimes there are not enough seats. 100% recommend this clinic and would not go anywhere else.
$60 co-pays each time. $450 per IUI. $60 Clomid cycle.
Other, Unexplained
We eventually did get pregnant by monitoring our cycles [with Dr. Michael Glassner] but that lead to an ectopic pregnancy. It was decided then that I probably have a weak tube. After a year of trying through IUIs, etc we decided to go through IVF. Financially we could not afford IVF but Dr. Glassner and his team worked with an organization called BabyQuest that provided us financial help to pay for our IVF procedure.
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is friendly, has a great sense of humor, and is patient. He meets with us every time we have a visit at the doctor's office and explains exactly what is happening and what we should next. He answers any questions we have and answers them thoroughly. He gives his expert advice to help us make informed decisions on our health and fertility treatments. His bedside manner is what makes him stand apart from most doctors. He is personable and you really feel like you have all his attention when you are in his presence.
One piece advice I would give a new patient of Dr. Glassner is to be patient because the fertility process is long and can be stressful.
Dr. Glassner took the time out to answer all my questions during our visits. He's personable and remembers past conversations that we had. Most importantly, Dr. Glassner knew our financial situation and was very flexible in trying to make IVF affordable for us. During our fertility process we found an amazing organization called the "BabyQuest Foundation". BabyQuest provides financial help to people seeking fertility treatments. Because of Dr. Glassner's and Mainline fertility's understanding of our situation they provided fair pricing to the Foundation which in turn helped us win the grant. We will always be grateful and indebted to them.
In the beginning of our treatment Dr. Glassner began with IUIs because we had an unexplained fertility diagnosis. These did not produce a positive pregnancy. We eventually did get pregnant by monitoring our cycles but that lead to an ectopic pregnancy. It was decided then that I probably have a weak tube. After a year of trying through IUIs, etc we decided to go through IVF. Financially we could not afford IVF but Dr. Glassner and his team worked with an organization called BabyQuest that provided us financial help to pay for our IVF procedure. Without Dr. Glassner's and Baby Quest's help our son would not be here today.
The nurses were nothing short of excellent. They calmed our nerves and literally held my hand throughout the process. They always explained any procedure that I had a question about. They were caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths: professionalism, bedside manner, there is always a person to answer your calls, honesty, they were great at building confidence, flexible hours Weakness: On rare occasions the wait could be more than 15 minutes.
Paoli
For my first cycle, my husband and I went straight to IVF after an ectopic pregnancy. My other tube looked damaged, but Dr. Glassner recommended IVF... I was overstimulated this cycle, and because of this I had to freeze my embroys, and only 1 was good enough quality for freezing. My frozen transfer was a few months later, which resulted in pregnancy and then miscarriage at 6 weeks. After this, we discussed removal of my other tube, but I did not want to do that, so at my request, we tried clomid for about 6 cycles.
European, Other
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
My experiences with IVF have been tough, to say the least, as many patients will agree. Being a patient of Dr. Glassner, I always know what to expect. He is very blunt about your diagnosis, steps to take in your infertility journey, the prognosis of pregnancy, and everything in between. If you like someone to be nothing but straight forward with you, Dr. Glassner is your man. He takes the time to answer any questions or concerns, and I never leave feeling like I have no idea what is going on. No question is a dumb question with him. I always feel as though I am taken seriously, my concerns are valid, and my questions are answered. Dr. Glassner knows my case inside and out, no matter how long of a break I may take between cycles. He remembers what I have been through which is so important to me, mainly so I don't have to relive the bad. Financially, IVF is a struggle for us, and Dr. Glassner has gone above and beyond to make having a baby a reality for us. Have I gotten the results I wanted? No, not yet, but I am confident Dr. Glassner will get me there.
One piece of advice would be, if you are looking for a Dr. to sugar coat your situation, he may not be for you. He is very down to earth and easy to talk to, but he is very straight forward about your situation and what is realistic with your expectations.
With Dr. Glassner, I always feel like I am treated as a human, and never a number. He doesn't rush the time spent with him, and always makes sure I don't leave confused. The office staff are always kind and also get to know you on a personal level very quickly. The staff and Dr.'s are the reason I continue to be a patient here.
For my first cycle, my husband and I went straight to IVF after an ectopic pregnancy. My other tube looked damaged, but Dr. Glassner recommended IVF. I do not know the exact protocol, but I believe it was antagonist. Since I am an otherwise healthy person, I started injections at my next cycle. I was overstimulated this cycle, and because of this I had to freeze my embroys, and only 1 was good enough quality for freezing. My frozen transfer was a few months later, which resulted in pregnancy and then miscarriage at 6 weeks. After this, we discussed removal of my other tube, but I did not want to do that, so at my request, we tried clomid for about 6 cycles. No pregnancy resulted from the clomid. We then went on to our next IVF cycle. This time Dr. Glassner added the HGH injections and Lupron, which resulted in a much better quality eggs (and no overstimulation!) I had 2 embroys transferred, which resulted in pregnancy, but miscarriage at 6 weeks. Since this has happened, I decided to move forward with the removal of my other tube. I go back to discuss next steps in a short few weeks!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Bridget (I hope I spelled her name right!))
I can not say enough about the nursing staff at Bryn Mawr. Bridget (sorry if it's spelled wrong!) Michelle, and the entire staff is one of the main reasons I continue with this practice. I don't know if I could have gotten through the bad times of fertility without these nurses. They take the time to get to know you and your journey becomes their journey. They are so invested in each and every patient that comes through their doors. The financial burdens and all of the emotions that come along with this process, the nurses are there for you every step of the way. They all go above and beyond for their patients. They are simply wonderful.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
So when you there for your consult on the "Dr." side, expect a wait!! This is my least favorite part about the clinic. On their busier days you can expect to be there for at least an hour and a half. I found this troubling, because when you are pregnant and transferred to this side, you already take so much time off of work with the IVF process and having to come for weekly appointments or even biweekly, i noticed I had to take almost half days to attend my appts here. Another down side is if the pregnancy isn't going as planned, these long wait times I found extremely hard, as the last place I wanted to be was in public sitting in a room with a bunch of strangers. On the flip side, the staff is great. The women at the front desk get to know you, they are kind and always smiling.
My insurance does not cover IVF, but I was able to get in a clinical trial for my meds so there was no cost there. There are no hidden costs, they lay it all out on sheet for you when you first come in. Although, I defintiely wasn't prepared the first time for the additional cost of having to do a frozen cycle since I wasn't expecting to overstimulate. When things didn't work, and since cost is an issue with us, Dr. Glassner did everything in his power to help us with the second cycle, which I could not have been more grateful for. IVF is very expensive in PA at no fault of the Dr., so knowing that Dr. Glassner and his team go above and beyond to make your baby dreams come true, make me feel better about choosing this practice. We have spent around $27,000 so far on 2 rounds of IVF and a frozen transfer (and all that comes with that). All of my regular office visits not associated with the actual IVF cycle, diagnostic bloodwork, ultrasound, hysteroscopy, etc, were covered by my insurance medical plan. So my copay/deductibles applied.
My first time, I only had one I was able to transfer. The second time, I had multiple embroys, and the Dr. covered all the pros and cons or transferring multiple. I wanted to do 2 and he agreed. I was very informed in my decision.
2014 - 2018
Dr Glassner has a great sense of humor considering the nature of what he does and that worked for us. It may not work for everyone but it’s what we needed. At the same time he was always compassionate and shared in our frustrations in days when a sense of humor wasn’t appropriate...Protocols were always based on my low amh which put my egg quality in question...Dr Glassner was a perfect blend of honest, compassionate, and said he wouldn’t put us through anything he wouldn’t put his own daughter through and that is what always stayed with us month after month
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner always made time for us and never made us feel rushed. As disapponting as many months were he still had faith and never moved to a treatment that we weren’t 100% confident. He never wanted us to walk away and made sure he did what he could to not let that happen
Clomid - clomid challenge test Clomid + iui - 3 cycles Injectables + iui - 1 cycle followed by my husband getting vericocele surgery Injectables + iui - 3 cycles Moved onto ivf using injectables and menopur and 5 days in dr glassner concerted the cycle to iui due to my poor response and we ended up getting pregnant that cycle! Protocols were always based on my low amh which put my egg quality in question Currently I’m back with dr glassner for baby #2 we did three cycle of injectables iui with no luck and plan to move ivf in April
The nurses were so compassionate and would always try their best to keep you motivated throughout the process. Our insurance converge is horrible for fertility so the nurses always tried to help us out by giving us donated meds if they were available to try to eliminate some of the financial stress that comes with this process
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic is amazing but just like any other dr office you have to be your own self advocate and make sure to always call with any questions. They are always there to help and the more you ask the more comfortable you will be. They have everyone’s best interest in mind so don’t hesitate to rely on them throughout the process
Paid out of pocket for iuis and injectable medications and ivf...monitoring appointments were covered with a specialist co pay
Paoli
There were times that I felt rushed and not able to express my concerns. Other times, he [Dr. Glassner] would be very receptive and understanding of my situation.... He could be very understanding and compassionate at times. He understood our financial situation and was willing to work with us when our insurance ran out. He was upfront with us in the beginning saying that due to my age the odds were against us with using my own eggs but he was willing to try.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He could be very understanding and compassionate at times. He understood our financial situation and was willing to work with us when our insurance ran out. He was upfront with us in the beginning saying that due to my age the odds were against us with using my own eggs but he was willing to try. He continued to support us with each attempt we made. He always reminded us that we had to take not only our financial situation but our mental situation into account with each attempt always asking how we were holding up and if we could go through with another retrieval. Each time he was honest about our chances.
Ask questions if you don’t understand. I have a science background and was familiar with a lot of what he spoke to us about but he can just talk and overwhelm you if you don’t have the background.
There were times that I felt rushed and not able to express my concerns. Other times, he would be very receptive and understanding of my situation.
For each round of IVF, I was on menopur (2) per day, Follistim (starting out at different volumes each time with decreasing amounts. Started mostly at 300 then decreased to 150 by the end). Several cycles did Ganirelix. Several cycles did Lupron (20) and growth hormone. Most trigger shots were 10,000 of HCG. One trigger shot was 5,000 HCG and Lupron.
There were 3 nurses on the monitoring team that were amazing. One in particular went out of her way to talk to Dr. Glassner for me on my treatment plan and ask about financial assistance. The procedure team nurses were also great. The doctor’s side where I had to go for OHSS were not as pleasant.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
If going for IVF the monitoring and procedure team nurses are amazing. They are what made me keep trying and were always encouraging. The front desk staff was mostly nice. The financial coordinator was available for any questions. You will rely mainly on the monitoring team nurses if going through IVF.
The frozen embryo transfers were around $5,000 not including medications. The IVF monitoring and retrieval’s were $9,000 not including medications. The PGS testing was $3,000 for any number of embryos.
PCOS, Other
Dr Glassner took time and consideration when discussing my case. Always made me feel welcome. And uses humor appropriately to ease fears...He was very honest and transparent during the entire process. We were never given false hope , everything was explained in detail. There was a plan and it was followed. He really does care about his patients and was very open about giving advice if we encountered a tough situation. During the sad time of a chemical pregnancy he took time to sit and discuss everything that
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
My experience was great. He was very honest and transparent during the entire process. We were never given false hope , everything was explained in detail. There was a plan and it was followed. He really does care about his patients and was very open about giving advice if we encountered a tough situation. During the sad time of a chemical pregnancy he took time to sit and discuss everything that happened and ensured i had further testing done to see if this was a random occurance or a deeper issue like a clotting disorder.
He is smart and driven and has a plan for everyone. It might not be what you want to hear but it is what will work. Don’t expect any sugar coating , just results
I was a mini stim IVF protocol. I think antagonist , i did injections for 2 weeks maybe a little more. No BCP. We focused on taking supplements and metformin to increase my egg quality. this was done based on my age and AMh levels. I produced a 9 eggs all great quality. 8 fertilized and 5 made it to day 5 blasts in great quality. we froze 4 and successfully transferred one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Everyone i have ever encountered here has been amazing. from the front desk to the nurses and doctors.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
excellent staff and physicians. Like a lot of doctors offices waiting times can increase but most days I was in and out on time. everyone is happy and smiling and it has a family feel to it. they remember every patient. great encouragement from staff and support during tough times
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Main Line Fertility .
Ran like a well oiled machine. Monitoring appointments are done in the morning which worked great for me as i could go before work.
10,000 for an IVF cycle
We were advised based on my age and it being my first cycle to only transfer 1 embryo.
Bryn Mawr
Dr. Glassner speaks very quickly and answers questions without much detail. My husband had a vasectomy which is why we have been going through IVF. He never explained that the sperm aspiration could prevent us from successfully reversing the vasectomy later. When we did not see the predicted follicle growth he never changed course. He only personally performed one of my three embryo transfers
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Do your own research and ask questions. He is very charming and quickly won my husband and I over. Once we became a more difficult case instead of spending more time investing our case he told us what we wanted to hear to get more money. Try a cycle but if you are a complicated case get a second opinion early.
Dr Glassner spent very little time with us. He often met with us for no more than 5-10 min at a time. When we had our miscarriage he escorted out of the back of the building. It was horrible. We just learned we had lost a child and he escorted us out the back door. It was the worst day of our lives and he showed such callousness.
We started with Gonal F, menipur and cetrotide. We retrieved 10 eggs with three embryos. We transferred two with a positive pregnancy test. That lead to miscarriage. Rationale was he saw nothing besides my husband’s previous vasectomy preventing us from conceiving. Second cycle: only Gonal F. We were part of a study of Gonal F he recommended. We were told we were good candidates. We only had 7 eggs. In the end we had two embryos that were abnormal after PGS. Third cycle, he said let’s put everything into it. We did human growth hormone, Gonal F, Lupron and Lovenox. He said that the growth hormone was shown to improve egg quality. Lovenox because I showed some elevated clotting factor. They decided to trigger me earlier than I had anticipated. In the end the majority of my eggs were immature. This after we only had 7 follicles.
The nursing team is the only reason we continued to stay with this office through our failed cycles. They were kind when we miscarried. They communicated with us through our every step of the way. When I had a question it was the nursing staff that got us an answer from Dr. Glassner. They shared in our happiness, our frustration and our sadness. The nursing staff at Mainline were the ray of light in what has been an incredibly hard journey.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The strength of the clinic is by far the nursing staff and the women who run clinical trials. Be persistent with Dr Glassner speak up for yourself and don’t let him hurry you through your appointment. It is easy to rely on the nurses because they are so competent. But remember he is your doctor. I also found it helpful to take notes during our meetings.
Over three cycles with meds we have spent approximately $75,000.
2014 - 2017
Dr Glassner got to know us....Dr. Glassner clearly explained all options, potential outcomes, and risks. He was always there for us for the key procedures and appointments. He was awesome at giving good news and also helped us through some bad news along the way....I did stims for an egg retrieval in Oct-Nov 2014, egg retrieval 11/11/14, pgs on 9 day 5 embryos with 6 normal...We did a FET (with acupuncture before and after...
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
If you are struggling with infertility, I highly recommend Dr. Glassner.
Dr Glassner got to know us, clearly explained our options, throughout our journey with him, helped us through my miscarriage and celebrated the births of our 2 daughters with us!
I did stims for an egg retrieval in Oct-Nov 2014, egg retrieval 11/11/14, pgs on 9 day 5 embryos with 6 normal (3 boys and 3 girls). We did a FET (with acupuncture before and after) of boy and girl embryos (1 of each - 2 total) dec 2014, BFP followed by missed miscarriage (no heartbeat) in jan 2015 and dne jan 2015 (it was the girl that stuck). Did another FET (1 boy and 1 girl) with acupuncture before but not after in apr 2015 and had my first daughter jan 2016. Did a mini stim cycle jan-feb 2017 and FET (1 boy and 1 girl) with acupuncture before but not after in feb 2017 and had my 2nd daughter Oct 2017.
The nursing staff was excellent from start to finish of every appointment. They were genuine and talked me through what they were doing and why during ultrasounds, blood draws, etc.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Main Line Fertility has multiple locations which allowed me flexibility to schedule appointments at times and locations that were best for me. Everyone I interacted with by phone and in person was friendly and helpful.
I don’t recall the exact costs, but the breakdown was: fertility meds (for pre egg retrieval and pre and post FET) which were partially covered by my insurance and I partially paid out of pocket for, the egg retrieval itself (again partially covered by insurance), anesthesia for egg retrieval, PGS which was about $2000 for 9 5-day embryos if I remember correctly and not covered by insurance, the FETs themselves which I think was about $3000 each (again partially covered), the costs for appointments, blood work, ultrasounds, other diagnostic testing (acronyms I don’t remember) which were all partially covered by my insurance also and acupuncture before, during and after which was $75 per visit on average and varied from multiple times a week during certain parts of cycles to weekly during others to every other week during others and not covered by my insurance.
Dr. Glassner allowed us to transfer 2 embryos and I appreciated that option because my husband and I were open to singletons or multiples. We wanted our best chance of having at least 2 children.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Although he [Dr. Michael Glassner] may seem abrupt at times, he knows his patient's charts inside and out, sets realistic expectations for treatment, and is always available to answer phone calls and questions, no matter how small. He is very protective over his patients to the point that he doesn't want any other doctors to consult on their treatments, but because he wants to be sure that we are getting the best possible care.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is a protective, assertive, and optimistic doctor who sets realistic expectations with patients about the course of treatment and what to expect. He is very thorough, uses every form of treatment available, is amenable to payment plans and understands unique life circumstances that can both aid and deter fertility. Because he splits his time between two clinics, he wasn't always there when I needed to have an appointment, but Dr. Glassner would leave explicit instructions for the nurses that they should call him before prescribing treatment no matter what the doctor on call prescribed. He is always available to answer questions, and takes every patient concern seriously.
The clinic is busy, so make your appointments early in the morning.
Dr. Glassner always puts his patients first. Although he may seem abrupt at times, he knows his patient's charts inside and out, sets realistic expectations for treatment, and is always available to answer phone calls and questions, no matter how small. He is very protective over his patients to the point that he doesn't want any other doctors to consult on their treatments, but because he wants to be sure that we are getting the best possible care.
I switched to Dr. Glassner after a successful pregnancy when I wanted to start treatment for a second child, so Dr. Glassner prescribed a round of injection hormones to bring on ovulation because it was the same protocol we were successful with previously.
The nursing staff at Main Line Fertility are AMAZING. They are warm, compassionate, funny, and self-depreciating enough to make you feel comfortable when you're laying on an exam table for a cervical exam. They are always available to answer questions, return phone calls quickly, and explain every test and benchmark thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
It can be very busy and it can take a long time to see the Dr. and make it through all the waiting rooms.
All of my medications were covered by health insurance, so I only had to pay my office co-pay.
Bryn Mawr
I loved Dr. Glassner. Some say his bed side manner isn’t the best. We truly had no issues with him at all. I recommend him to everyone and anyone i know who needs fertility help.... For baby 1 - we did clomid cycles (the highest dose allowed) followed by one cycle of timed intercourse. We then did approx three more cycles with iui the last resulting in our almost three year old. For baby 2 - we did clomid cycles (again highest dose allowed) followed by iui for three cycles.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I loved Dr. Glassner. Some say his bed side manner isn’t the best. We truly had no issues with him at all. I recommend him to everyone and anyone i know who needs fertility help. Without him, and his PA we wouldn’t have our two girls. I owe him everything. Although the process can be stressful, he made it a little more bearable.
Ignore his bed side manner if it bothers you. He seriously is the best of the best.
Dr. Glassner always referred to us by name. When we went back for our second, a year later, he remembered we owned a pizza shop and remembered that we had supplied lunch to his office. Details that I thought for sure he would have “forgotten” given the number of patients he sees on a day to day basis
For baby 1 - we did clomid cycles (the highest dose allowed) followed by one cycle of timed intercourse. We then did approx three more cycles with iui the last resulting in our almost three year old. For baby 2 - we did clomid cycles (again highest dose allowed) followed by iui for three cycles. On cycle four we did clomid and femara with iui and have a 7 month old.
I never had a bad experience with a nurse at his office. We had one poor experience with an ultrasound tech but otherwise everyone was helpful, understanding, compassionate.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Everyone (except one ultrasound tech) from the office to the front desk to the nursing staff and doctors and PA were amazing. They made the process a little less nerve wracking. I felt like they were my family during my time there.
Our insurance covered everything except copays for office visits and drugs. We did have to pay out of pocket for iui which ran about $450-$475 per time.
2013 - 2015
The thing I was most afraid of was a doctor who would tell us there was still hope when there was not - that we'd have a doctor who would exploit the fact that I wanted to be pregnant so badly. Dr. Glassner never, ever held back bad news from us. We had a lot of it, and he was always compassionate but honest. He didn't couch the crappy stuff in weird euphemisms and vague promises. Every single time a cycle was weird, he would change course the next time to try and outsmart my body. Eventually, it worked! I am so thankful for him.
2013 - 2015
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Ask any question that pops into your mind. He won't give more details than an overview if you don't ask questions, but he never has a problem being more specific when pressed.
He answered all of our questions honestly - he didn't hesitate giving us answers we might not want, but he never sugarcoated or implied things were better than they were. When we had bad news, it seemed to upset and frustrate him as much as it upset and frustrated us. He also did a good job of trying to keep the scary stuff not so scary - he would make me laugh during transfers and IUIs and other invasive procedures go keep me calm.
For our 3 IVF cycles, the first cycle was I think a more or less standard cycle, which resulted in 13 eggs, but only 5 were mature, even though they were measuring via ultrasound as mature. For the second cycle, he added HGH to our protocol, because there was evidence that it can kick eggs up a notch. Unfortunately, that did not work for us - we got more eggs, but the quality was not as good as the first cycle. For the 3rd cycle, even though I definitely do not have PCOS, he felt I was reacting to medication more like a woman who does than a woman who doesn't. Because of that, he put me on metformin and lupron, in addition to the regular drugs. We got more mature eggs, made more embryos, and they were better quality than the previous two. It worked this time!
They were all patient, willing to answer my questions, and were so nice during what is obviously a very stressful time.
All of our procedures were covered by insurance. We were so lucky.
2012
None, Other
The reason we initially traveled to see Dr. Glassner was because the Tay-Sachs Foundation shared with us his willingness to work with our financial situation in order to cover part of the costs of having to do ICSI, PGD, etc. to avoid having a child impacted by tay-sachs. Although I wouldn't say he was the 'perfect' doctor, I will be FOREVER grateful for his generosity and willingness to work with us...I learned a lot from the process - not sure if Dr. Glassner could have helped more in explaining that, or if I just wasn't able to hear it at the time.
2012
None, Other
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
The reason we initially traveled to see Dr. Glassner was because the Tay-Sachs Foundation shared with us his willingness to work with our financial situation in order to cover part of the costs of having to do ICSI, PGD, etc. to avoid having a child impacted by tay-sachs. Although I wouldn't say he was the 'perfect' doctor, I will be FOREVER grateful for his generosity and willingness to work with us. I do think I didn't have my eyes wide open about how hard the process would be, how time consuming it would be to wait for the PGD part of the process, and how we literally were down to 2 embryos by the end, one of which was clearly not going to make it. I learned a lot from the process - not sure if Dr. Glassner could have helped more in explaining that, or if I just wasn't able to hear it at the time.
Ask for realistic time frames and expectations for possible scenarios; it's not like you just pay the money and magically get your baby.
I thought the nurses were phenomenal - really patient, kind, caring, took the time to explain, understood our circumstances (traveling from DC to Philadelphia for treatment), etc.
We met with the doctor to explain the situation and they did some testing to ensure they had a full picture of my body (I had already had one miscarriage trying naturally); we then worked with the PGD people in New Jersey (Reprogenetics), which took a lot longer than expected. Once completed, we started the drug protocols, did the egg retrieval, eggs were tested after five days, re-frozen, and then I returned a month later for implantation. The practice helped me to arrange all monitoring in DC with Shady Grove (which ironically was covered by insurance - but would not have been, had I been a full patient of Shady Grove's - still dont understand that part!).
The nurses were amazing - so patient, caring, kind, steady, etc.
I did monitoring at Shady Grove in Washington, DC. Main Line helped to arrange this.
2010 - 2012
I felt that Dr. Glassner and staff were very attentive, responsive and caring... I was a single mom by choice and he was honest with me, about my age and what he recommended I do to get the best result, a pregnancy...He is very to the point however, if your goal is to get pregnant, he is the person to go to. I appreciated him being direct with me...I had 2 months of Clomid and 2 IUI's with the 1st donor I chose with no luck. Then I had to change donors (no more samples were available through my bank) and I had 1 more cycle with Clomid. Dr. Glassner recommended I then begin a cycle with injectibles, with the plan of seeing how my body would react. I had many less follicles that previous cycles however, I had a sperm dose available and so Dr Pfeffer recommend I do 1 last IUI. That resulted in a pregnancy and live birth.
2010 - 2012
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
i initially worked with Dr. Pfeffer who has since retired. When going to an appointment, I would see one or the other and whoever was available for the IUI would perform it. I was a single mom by choice and he was honest with me, about my age and what he recommended I do to get the best result, a pregnancy.
I felt that Dr. Glassner and staff were very attentive, responsive and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Yes, Anne Barrett.)
The nursing staff was wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Caring, responsive, empathetic, just wonderful.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic is in a great location and because there is a large number of staff, I never had to wait long for blood draws etc. They were always helpful and understanding. It is a very busy practice and there were times when I ran into people i knew there. Most of us were doing it in secret so that was a little awkward. I have no complaints.
I believe my insurance covered most visits except the actual IUI.
2010 - 2011
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
I felt rushed along though I felt like he [ Dr. Glassner] cared about me in treatment...Sometimes I felt like he was too flippant and cocksure that he'd be able to get me pregnant and didn't have enough regard for the emotional effects. On the other hand, I think he did give me unique care and didn't treat me like a number, he did try to tailor things for my case.
2010 - 2011
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
My case was a HARD case of unexplained. If you have uncomplicated infertility issues (blocked tubes, low sperm count) I think he would be great. If you have a more complicated case involving uterine or pregnancy losses for unknown reasons, I am not sure it will be the best fit. Sometimes I felt like he was too flippant and cocksure that he'd be able to get me pregnant and didn't have enough regard for the emotional effects. On the other hand, I think he did give me unique care and didn't treat me like a number, he did try to tailor things for my case. He though, along with 3/4 other docs I saw missed underlying Endometriosis and Adenomyosis which surely interfering with implantation.
He's flexible , willing to try new things
I felt rushed along though I felt like he cared about me in treatment and seemed like he really wanted me to get pregnant. However when we were struggling with whether to continue, he didn't listen to the emotional impacts it was having and the effect it was having. I also feel he was willing to overlook some significant medical problems I was having because I was in treatment. I was so desperate for a baby I looked away.
We tried a low dose antagonist cycle (ectopic pregnancy after IVF) and an agonist cycle (biochemical pregnancy) , which no other clinic was willing to try with me. It did produce my highest quality embryos. In the end, uterine reasons for my losses were not explored. I was presenting with many Endometriosis symptoms, yet no lap was done, even after the ectopic.
Kind even when i was actively losing a pregnancy
Paoli
Dr. Glassner, from the very first visit treated us like we were human and not a number. He answered all our questions before we even asked them and told us things that we had never been told before that could be causing our problems. Every visit he and his staff are encouraging and compassionate....He is the most compassionate and caring doctor I have ever seen. Always encouraging us at each visit. He jokes around to try to make you smile and laugh when you are having a rough time dealing with everything going on.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He is the most compassionate and caring doctor I have ever seen. Always encouraging us at each visit. He jokes around to try to make you smile and laugh when you are having a rough time dealing with everything going on. Which always helps. He gives renewed hope with each failed attempt.
Be completely honest about how you are feeling. He will understand.
First IUI, 100 mg of clomid days 4-8 then timed insemination by ultrasound monitoring. Second IUI, 150 mg clomid days 4-8 and timed insemination by ultrasound monitoring. Also he added a baby aspirin daily and 1500 mg of metformin daily
All of the nurses are so compassionate, encouraging and caring. They take the time to listen and encouraging and are just as heartbroken when you have a negative test as you are
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The information the staff give you can sometimes be a little overwhelming but you can call and email any questions you have at anytime. Each person I’ve talked to have been just as encouraging as the nursing staff.
IUIs were $457 each (which I think is very far pricing. We have paid more at other clinics and didn’t get as good care as we are getting there.) and everything else have been billed to our insurance.
Paoli
I feel confident having Dr. Glassner as my doctor. He explains everything in detail and in a way I can understand. I got pregnant on my own but miscarried and the empathy and understanding through that experience was wonderful. He helped me and my partner understand what happened and how to move forward. We are currently still trying to get pregnant.... We wanted to start small and work our way up. Based on insurance and financial commitments, he recommended our treatments around what we felt confortsble with. Since oral meds alone hasn’t worked for us we are now considering IUI and IVF.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Ask any and all questions. Don’t be afraid to ask the smallest one. He will be honest and tell you exactly what is going on.
Everyone in that office knows me by sight. They remember me, are personable, and make every attempt to make me comfortable through this process.
I love the nursing staff! They are compassionate, personable women that helped me feel comfortable through every step of the process.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This clinic is kind, compassionate and caring. For the amount of patients always waiting to see the doctors, they know who you are, and don’t make you feel rushed through the process. Their approach is positive yet sensitive to your situation.
I had my copays and I used my FSA.
Bryn Mawr
Dr. Glassner may be a bit rushed, as he has a busy practice. But, he will sit with you and answer any questions you have. He uses personal situations to compare with your own. He is extremely compassionate. He will leave it up to you as to what to do, though he gives you options and his opinion... very open and honest with you, but he does provide hope for everyone...even if odds are bleak. He is willing to work with each patient as an individual, knowing not everyone is the same. After my miscarriage, he called me with results, and several months later, he called me for a 'mental health' check in
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is very open and honest with you, but he does provide hope for everyone...even if odds are bleak. He is willing to work with each patient as an individual, knowing not everyone is the same. After my miscarriage, he called me with results, and several months later, he called me for a 'mental health' check in
Don't feel rushed. If you have questions, write them down before you go in, so you get everything answered
Gonal F/Folistim high dose. Menopur 1 or 2 vials twice a day. Microdose Lupron. Omnitrope sometimes. Used clomid once-without good results.
The practice is extremely busy, but there are IVF nurses, retrieval nurses, office visit nurses, etc. All of the nurses are very sweet and kind and try to be optimistic.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
It is a very nice, new clinic. The waiting room can be very busy. Parking is a hassle, though there is a parking garage right there, it is usually packed. State of the art technology. They have water/coffee/tea in the waiting room for everyone
IVF round was $9000 for just monitoring and retrieval. If you did a fresh transfer with that cycle, add $800. Frozen embryo transfers were $3500
Bryn Mawr
Dr Glassner is the reason my husband and I came to Main Line Fertility to seek treatment. I felt like I was receiving the best of care from him. He was very thoughtful and thorough with his explainantions of what to expect and what he foresees the outcome to be. His confidence in his abilities and his staff is very reassuring...His interactions with his patients is personal and genuine.... 1st cycle was the Finox study. Birth control pills, Lupron, aspirin and stimulating meds....
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Be honest about your expectations.
Dr Glassner has a phenomenal bedside manner. His interactions with his patients is personal and genuine. He makes you feel like you are very important to him.
1st cycle was the Finox study. Birth control pills, Lupron, aspirin and stimulating meds. Retrieved 10 eggs. 9 mature and 6 fertilized. Crinone for 12 weeks after. Transferred 2 embryos and conceived and live birthed twins. The remaining embryos did not make it to day 5. 2nd cycle: Follistim, Cetrocide and Menopur for 10 days. 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized and only 3 progresses. All 3 stopped progressing by day 4.
The entire staff is comforting and experienced. Every visit I was made to feel important and comfortable.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Initial communication about what I needed to do to start off my second cycle was a mixed up. But the staff caught the oversight and it did not affect my start date. So perhaps they could assign a staff member to follow individual patients from cycle start to finish.
My first cycle was a study so the treatment costs were very minimal. My 2nd cycle Dr Glassner greatly reduced so that it was affordable for us to do.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Glassner is the best. He is a no nonsense tell you like it is doctor. Put everything into plain terms that you can understand. Hes not against telling you it wont work or the other doctor you saw fed you a line of bullshit. I appreciate that in a doctor. He is compasionate caring and has a weird but great sense of humor...t him do what he knows to see what is the best procedure for you. He will let you know if its not possible.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dont give up on him. Let him do what he knows to see what is the best procedure for you. He will let you know if its not possible.
the practice is extremely busy and ill be honest i felt like a number at times but i more felt like a human and that everyone who worked there cared about every paitent.
i went to him knowning i was going to do IVF. I had trouble ovulating in the past. I don't recall dosage or exact medications but i followed the exact ivf procedure medicines.
They are extremely nice, caring and friendly. They talk you through everystep and answer any questions you have.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Be prepared to wait. The practice is busy but when it is your turn you will get every second and attention of thr doctors and staff. You will not leave without your questions answered and if you do you can call them for help.
My insurance covered beginning testing but the ivf procedure was $15,000 plus the cost of medications. I did not have ivf coverage
The more the merrier was my thought. But doctor glassner didnt want to put me in jeopardy of more than 2 embryos because of my history of not being able to carry full term. He brought me down to reality from my octomom vision. I was very grateful.
2010 - 2018
4 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
He [Dr. Michael Glassner] is caring, determined and he knows what he’s doing!...Dr. Glassner always helped us with lower/discounted costs, payment plans, & he even waived some fees during a few cycles...Dr. Glassner never gave up on me. He treated me with respect, he allowed me to grieve after each cycle and move to the next treatment at my pace...was always available if I needed to talk to him...Dr. Glassner is the most amazing person!...
2010 - 2018
4 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
After a horrible experience with my 1st RE, he was determined to help me have a family. Dr. Glassner never gave up on me. He treated me with respect, he allowed me to grieve after each cycle and move to the next treatment at my pace.
Trust him, he knows what he is doing!!
Dr. Glassner is the most amazing person! He’s caring, determined and he knows what he’s doing!
Bridget, Terri, Rachel, & Regina we’re amazing!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Pros: Dedicated, smart, caring clinic. Always had appointments, short wait times, great bedside manner, good communication, payment options/discounts available, helped with medications when needed. I could go on forever! Cons: I wish we could see our charts and communicate online!
Convenient times/days, fast appts, short waits, results called by 2pm. Nurses did majority of the visit, but Dr. was always available if I needed to talk to him.
We spent over $100,000 on treatments, our insurance didn’t cover much. Dr. Glassner always helped us with lower/discounted costs, payment plans, & he even waived some fees during a few cycles.
In my specific case, he recommended multiple embryo transfer due to the numerous unsuccessful cycles I had. He was allowed me to have a say in the decision as well. Together we thought 2 was the right choice. Our next transfer we’re only putting 1 in. He treats each patient & each cycle individually.
2012 - 2018
Dr. Glassner always has something nice to say to lighten the mood and everyone feels comfortable around him! He listens to his patients needs! When one thing doesnt work he doesnt give up! He sits down and creates a new plan for u! He is also very supportive!...We did a cycle of clomid. And then another (because i requested to try again) the. We tried ivf. My egg quality was not great so my cycle got canceled. We then did another ivf cycle which i had my daughter from.
2012 - 2018
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
To just go to him! He is amazing!
Dr Glassner treats me as if i am his only patient. He always starts off each visit with a warm word! And will sit with me and explain everything to me! Him and his nurses are the best
We did a cycle of clomid. And then another (because i requested to try again) the. We tried ivf. My egg quality was not great so my cycle got canceled. We then did another ivf cycle which i had my daughter from. Recently we did another cycle which i did get pregnant, but had an early miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Nicki)
She is so warm and kind! And always ready to listen and explain!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
They r very organized!! My appointments are always on time. Max time i have needed to wait was 5 min. The secretaries are all sweet and kind! The clinic is also really clean and a nice environment! I totally recommend this place to everyone!
We have insurance that covers 90% of the costs
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr Glassner is by far the best fertility doctor I have ever seen. He is extremely compassionate and understanding and patient and honest. I loved going to see him and fully trusted him and his team were doing the right thing for my treatments each time.... Dr Glassner treats his patients very kindly and treated my husband and I with a lot of respect and gave us a lot of confidence!...He is an amazing doctor. Trust in him and the nurses and you will be fine.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He is an amazing doctor. Trust in him and the nurses and you will be fine. They are miracle workers!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Nikki )
I 100% loved the nursing team here. Niki, Maureen, Bridget really stood out to me and were extremely helpful during this process. They were very patient and always answered my questions with compassion and quickly! They also made me feel like I was always doing the right thing.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This clinic is amazing. Everything about going here made me feel good and welcome. I never second guessed my decisions and I always believed in the staff. They were very professional as well and always acted very caring.
About $13,000 since we started
4 IUI, IVF
Dr G [Michael Glassner] is a compassionate dr who deeply wants husband patients to experience pregnancy. He is always there when you need him and goes out of his way to help. That being said, he can also be brash and jovial in his bedside manner which some may find off putting. He is very confident in himself and his work, but he has reason to be. He has a vast knowledge and experience both personally and professionally.
4 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr G is a compassionate dr who deeply wants husband patients to experience pregnancy. He is always there when you need him and goes out of his way to help. That being said, he can also be brash and jovial in his bedside manner which some may find off putting. He is very confident in himself and his work, but he has reason to be. He has a vast knowledge and experience both personally and professionally.
Trust him and his process
I formed great relationships with the day to day nurses (Ivf), and have a good relationship w Dr Glassner. While I don’t seem him often, when I do I always feel as if I am his only patient and that he deeply cares that I get pregnant
The women on the IVF team are some of the best women I have ever met. Caring and compassionate, open and encouraging. I could not have made it through infertility without their support
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Many patients and it is run like a tight ship. You are in and out quickly. Which is good and bad. They always take extra time if you need it or ask for it. And are always open. All of the employees and doctors that I have been with at the practice are exceptional.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
In our first meeting with him, he [Dr. Glassner] looked at our file and apologized for what we had been through. He felt there was nothing standing in the way of a successful pregnancy for us. When you were in front of him, you were the most important person in the room.... We used donor eggs.... we don't remember anything out of the ordinary. Estrace, POI, endometrial scratch....The nurses [Main Line Fertility] were great. The team for third party reproduction were not.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
In our first meeting with him, he looked at our file and apologized for what we had been through. He felt there was nothing standing in the way of a successful pregnancy for us. When you were in front of him, you were the most important person in the room.
Be prepared for bad jokes.
We were ushered from one waiting room to the next and was shocked when we saw the same nurse. Everyone was incredibly friendly but they had a system down that moved everyone through as expediently as possible.
Unfortunately, we don't remember anything out of the ordinary. Estrace, POI, endometrial scratch.
The nurses were great. The team for third party reproduction were not. They are incredibly disorganized and just shy of unprofessional. When we started to discuss egg donation, we made it clear our main concern was health and height - not that she look like me. The team couldn't understand that and sorted for us based on my characteristics.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strength - they get the job done. Weakness - the number of patients and the wait. you truly feel like a number. at times, we were confused as to where we were and what we were doing there. no one explains once you are pregnant, you move the other side of the office.
2009 - 2012
Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Michael Glassner] went above and beyond. He was willing to work with our budget and do the testing and procedures we asked for. He never gave up on us. He said he would do what it takes to get us pregnant and he did us that. When we lost our first baby at 11weeks he was so compassionate...We did a three day transfer the first time. Transferring two embryos and got pregnant with one baby. The second time we unfroze our two year old embryos and transferrred two at day five. We got pregnant with our now son.
2009 - 2012
Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He went above and beyond. He was willing to work with our budget and do the testing and procedures we asked for. He never gave up on us. He said he would do what it takes to get us pregnant and he did us that. When we lost our first baby at 11weeks he was so compassionate.
Speak your mind and tell him what you want and need. He will listen.
He always sat down with us and talked through everything. I needed hand holding throughout the process and he really was there for us.
When we lost our first baby I just brusted into tears and the nurse just held me and let me cry.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Appointment in the morning are hard to come by. It is crowded but runs well. If getting your blood drawn make sure you drink a lot of water ahead of time. You are going to wait every time but it is worth the wait. Dr. Glass net will meet with you if you request it.
After all was said and done it was about $20,000
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Glassner is the most honest, caring and thorough doctor I have ever had. He feels your pain and wants what’s best for you. He helps lighten the mood with humor. He is generous. He will work with you financially if you are struggling. Dr. Glassner is compassionate and treats you like family.... Dr. Glassner treats me as if I am his own daughter. He is kind and compassionate, but always tells it like it is.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He has a great sense of humor and is excellent at his job!
The nursing staff has become family to me.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The doctors at the office are very thorough. The nurses and staff are very kind and compassionate. They have empathy. I have been there several times when finding out i miscarried and they cried along with me. The office is well run and they keep appointments running close to on time.
It is like a well oiled machine.
Around $30,000. However, I am doing a donor cycle now that Dr. Glassner is giving me a scholarship. I will not pay any of the $16000 cost for eggs or procedure.
2008 - 2018
IVF, Donor Eggs
Michael Glassner always went over and beyond to help us and do the best he could do to give us a family. Always honest and blunt. Treated us like family!! Took the time out for me every visit and never felt like just a patient...always honest good or bad...Birth control to get a period. Z-pack- PIO- vaginal suppositories- doxycycline-
2008 - 2018
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
How much he cares for his patients
Always took the time for me and always honest good or bad
Great lining to get the ivf process moving. Birth control to get a period. Z-pack- PIO- vaginal suppositories- doxycycline-
All the nursing staff was wonderful! So caring and loving
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
I never had any complaints with anyone or anything. Everyone was wonderful at every visit. Just be prepared and go in with a open mind and bring a pen and paper to write everything down. Lots of info to try to remember.
Always willing to work with you
Always let us make the decision. We always did 2 embryos at a time.
Paoli
I think he [Dr. Glassner] is very very good at what he does, which is why I'm still undergoing treatment with him. However, he is a very fast talker, not very good at explaining things (and his handwriting is terrible) and is not very compassionate. He once told me "Don't get any older." That is really an insensitive remark to say to someone undergoing ART mostly due to their age. If you are looking for warm and fuzzy, he is not it.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I think he is very very good at what he does, which is why I'm still undergoing treatment with him. However, he is a very fast talker, not very good at explaining things (and his handwriting is terrible) and is not very compassionate. He once told me "Don't get any older." That is really an insensitive remark to say to someone undergoing ART mostly due to their age. If you are looking for warm and fuzzy, he is not it.
Spend as much time as possible with his PA, Rachel. She is kind, warm, compassionate and willing to spend time to explain things carefully.
The front desk and nursing staff is caring, but the doctor himself is brusque, hurried and insensitive.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
It's very very large. They lost blood samples once. They also messed up an appointment and made us wait once. I much prefer the Paoli office to the Bryn Mawr office, but once you are doing IVF, you have to go to Bryn Mawr.
2012 - 2013
He [Dr. Michael Glassner] can seem brusque sometimes, but he cares about his patients and doesn't waste your time.... He was very smart and got me out of there in less than a year. He did not waste my time and I appreciated that. he seemed very smart and knowledgable about the latest technologies and what was available to me... He took the time to explain to me what his thinking was. When I had a failed transfer and a chemical pregnancy that was not progressing, he called me to talk to me about it and reassure me that it wasn't my fault.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He can seem brusque sometimes, but he cares about his patients and doesn't waste your time.
2 cycles IVF. also tried clomid for 2 cycles
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Daria)
they were all supportive and wonderful.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
everyone there was compassionate and helpful. the only thing I didn't like was the sappy-sweet inspiration signs on the walls, like "not yet in my arms, already in my heart" - those kinds of signs don't help me feel any better about having to undergo fertility treatments.
approx $8,000 for IVF in 2012, not including medications.
Bryn Mawr
Dr Glassner is very candid. He treats his patients as he would treat his family members. While he can be hard to get a hold of, he knows what he is doing. He is very logical which might rub some people the wrong way but I appreciate.... [Main Line Fertility- Bryn Mawr] Long wait times can be frustrating Busy office can make you feel like a number Sometimes office staff can be less helpful or forget you haven't done this before and you're anxious... Nursing staff is willing to answer my questions when I ask
Don't get offended
Long wait times.
Nursing staff is willing to answer my questions when I ask.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Good reputation Good location Long wait times can be frustrating Busy office can make you feel like a number Sometimes office staff can be less helpful or forget you haven't done this before and you're anxious.
Most was covered by insurance
2012 - 2014
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
PCOS, Other
Dr. Glassner and the nurses took my concerns seriously and explained all the treatment plans in depth. Dr. Glassner let me have a voice in all decisions related to my care. That, in my opinion, is what makes the practice so good...Clinic has excellent communication and keeps you apprised of what is happening, takes emergency calls etc...
2012 - 2014
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Be honest about your expectations
...the nurses are extremely empathetic. When I had a couple of cycles that resulted in negative tests, they - specially Margie - understood my pain and talked me through it. The time I was going to the clinic was very emotionally challenging for me, but it produced my twin boys via ivf and I really can't say enough positive things about the nurses and dr Glassner.
Paoli
Dr Glassner is an aggressive and funny RE. He's a realist, too, but he will treat you as aggressively as you want. He tells you all the options, and lets you choose. I appreciated his compassion and levity in what was (and is) an emotionally wrenching process.... Listen carefully - he talks fast!... They are really busy, -and you see different nurses, which can be annoying. I thought Glassner made up for that though.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Listen carefully - he talks fast!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
It was all alacarte. I paid 10K for first round, 9,500 for second.
2 IUI, IVF
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
My experience with Dr Glassner couldn't be better, I felt guided and helped all the way through the fertility treatment....Dr Glassner and all the team are very considerate and kind, they make patients feel comfortable during every procedure they go through. They explain results and status in detail, as well as the planned strategy.
2 IUI, IVF
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic is very clean, organized, comfortable, easy to access.