Medical SchoolU. of Albany
610-527-0800
11 Industrial Blvd
Paoli, PA 19301
610-993-8200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Glassner to a friend?

6.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Main Line Fertility to a friend?
He [Dr. Glassner] is very straightforward and can seem a little blunt, but it helps reinforce his confidence and experience in what he does. We are currently going through an incredibly difficult ectopic pregnancy that we are treating with medications, and Dr. Glassner was available on call for questions. He knows us by name, he is so optimistic it's infectious. I don't think we would continue our pursuit of becoming parents without him.
We have our first IVF orientation next week and will look into pre-implantation genetic testing [at Main Line Fertility] to help us get the best results possible...The nursing staff over the past few months have been so supportive. They are excited each month to hear if we have good news to share, and when the positive test comes, they are elated...We anticipate paying around $20,000 for IVF and PGD...There are always appointments available at convenient times. It's already very difficult going through testing, monitoring appointments and now recheck appointments, let alone balancing them with work schedules. This clinic is so accommodating and really understands the stress that couples go through during this process, and they make every effort to make it as easy as possible.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner is confident, is able to build rapport very quickly and explains the tests, treatments and plan very accurately without overwhelming us. I am fortunate to be in the medical field, but my husband is not, but Dr. Glassner was patient with him and was able to communicate equally well with both of us. He is very straightforward and can seem a little blunt, but it helps reinforce his confidence and experience in what he does. We are currently going through an incredibly difficult ectopic pregnancy that we are treating with medications, and Dr. Glassner was available on call for questions. He knows us by name, he is so optimistic it's infectious. I don't think we would continue our pursuit of becoming parents without him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is an incredibly confident, capable doctor who really listens to what the patients' needs and goals. He is energetic and upbeat, and though may seem blunt at times, I think he really cares about each patient. I feel incredibly fortunate to be one of his patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
After 2 miscarriages, we went to see Dr. Glassner for help. We were able to conceive after 6 cycles, but we found out that the pregnancy was not normal, though we weren't sure why initially. Dr. Glassner and his team helped us through the few first days after finding out our pregnancy was not going to continue. He was able to determine the cause and spent hours working with us to determine a treatment and the next steps. After going through 2 miscarriages alone, with only minimal input from our regular OB/Gyn, Dr Glassner's help and assistance lessened the heartache, sadness and confusion and has us optimistic for the next steps. We told ourselves we would not continue pursuing having a child, but his support is helping us to keep trying to achieve our dream of becoming parents.
Describe the protocols Michael Glassner used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
Because of our previous miscarriages, we knew we could get pregnant, but we were concerned of the quality of the eggs. We were also worried that we were getting older, so the odds of miscarriage was only going to increase. Initially we said that IVF was off the table and that if we had another miscarriage, we were going to stop trying. Dr. Glassner agreed that we could just try medications like Clomid and Femara to help us get pregnant again faster and hope that the pregnancy would be successful. We used just clomid for 4 cycles with no luck. We then moved to clomid and femara with IUI and were able to get pregnant on our 2nd cycle. We saw a gestational sac initially, but a week later there was nothing in the uterus but a probable ectopic pregnancy was found on my ovary. We discussed options, including surgery to diagnose exactly what was going on, but Dr. Glassner was able to help with non-invasive treatment. Even though we are devastated to lose another pregnancy, Dr. Glassner's support and confidence helped us make the decision to move forward. We have our first IVF orientation next week and will look into pre-implantation genetic testing to help us get the best results possible.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff over the past few months have been so supportive. They are excited each month to hear if we have good news to share, and when the positive test comes, they are elated. During our current miscarriage, the nurses have helped us through each step of the way and have been incredibly compassionate and have helped us understand what is happening. They are making this terrible situation bearable.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This is a beautiful clinic, the facility is brand new and very professional. The receptionists are fantastic, I always feel welcomed and it seems like they always know who the clients are. There are always appointments available at convenient times. It's already very difficult going through testing, monitoring appointments and now recheck appointments, let alone balancing them with work schedules. This clinic is so accommodating and really understands the stress that couples go through during this process, and they make every effort to make it as easy as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility .
So far we have had minimal costs other than co-pays. We anticipate paying around $20,000 for IVF and PGD.
Bryn Mawr

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility .

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Glassner first had me do a full recurrent miscarriage panel that my previous doctor did not test for....Dr. Glassner is super understanding and compassionate while also very smart. He has seen tons of cases and knows which is the best path for you. He does not push anything on you. I came to him after four natural miscarriages, he laid out our best path and though I wasn't quite ready to start where he suggested, he was totally understanding of that and we set a different path. Also, when we first met him, he really felt for my husband during all of this, which no one really had before.
The offices at MLF have a tendency to be busy with alot of patients. But once you get into the room with Dr. Glassner, he makes you feel like you are the only patient and he does not rush you....This clinic is clean and new. Everything is run smoothly from sign in to when you are called back. There are times that you may wait and it may be very crowded, but that is because they take their time with each patient.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Trust him and if you have any uncertainties ask questions. He is honest and upfront.
The offices at MLF have a tendency to be busy with alot of patients. But once you get into the room with Dr. Glassner, he makes you feel like you are the only patient and he does not rush you. He takes the time to answer all questions, give you his honest opinion and when needed a hug or encouraging words. After my fifth miscarriage, first under his care, he was kind enough to let me slip out the back door so I did not need to see anyone else. He is a super caring doctor.
Dr. Glassner first had me do a full recurrent miscarriage panel that my previous doctor did not test for. My first cycle he just monitored it. The second one we again just monitored it, but they did put me on progesterone post ovulation and baby aspirin (as a clot disorder came back in the panel). This cycle we achieved pregnancy on our own. However, this also ended in a miscarriage. We again did a natural cycle followed by one with Letrozole and monitoring. And now here we are in the middle of COVID. We were planning to move towards IVF once this is over.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nurses are great and kept everything running smoothly. Everyone is so nice and compassionate. When I got pregnant they were excited but also understood my pause for concern. When I miscarried they were right there with me. If I ever had questions and called one of them would call me back that day.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Describe Michael Glassner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .

2020
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Glassner spent time to get to know my situation and fertility history. He offered all possibly courses of action and treatment. He explained all possible courses and what those outcomes could be. He gave me and my partner time to decide the course we wanted to take and worked with us to complete that. ... My cycles began using follistim injectable medication because in the past I had used both clomid and letrazole without successful pregnancy. He monitored my cycle closely and when he determined it was time to trigger he performed a post coital test. The test did not show live sperm so IUI was suggested as the best course of treatment so this was done after triggering.
This clinic [Main Line Fertility] is clean and well organized. The waiting room is comfortable and various beverages are provided. The patient rooms are clean and accommodating. The only downfall is limited parking on your own; however, valet is available right at the front entrance and prices are fair. ... All of the nursing staff I encountered was pleasant, caring and compassionate. They were always available for questions and made the process very seamless. Alissa was extremely helpful and available to me.
2020
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Be open with Dr. Glassner and ask any questions you may have about your treatment. He is very helpful.
Dr. Glassner and his staff where compassionate and helpful. The first thing they did was offer empathy for my situation and ask how I was dealing with everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Alissa Barrie)
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This clinic is clean and well organized. The waiting room is comfortable and various beverages are provided. The patient rooms are clean and accommodating. The only downfall is limited parking on your own; however, valet is available right at the front entrance and prices are fair.
The costs for my treatment where reasonable after insurance. I have worked with a few fertility doctors and they seem very standard.
I did not have this type of procedure.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Glassner is so kind and spends time with you answering every question that you may have...will explain everything to you including all risks. He is thorough...Our first retrieval didn't go as well as we hoped and he was the first to call me to discuss in detail and create a plan for a second retrieval that included slowing my body down so I could produce better quality/mature eggs. He is excellent!...We had triple the amount of mature eggs/ and triple the amount of normal embryos - ecstatic !
they [staff at Main Line Fertility] are helpful and on top of EVERYTHING! You can relax and know they will take care of you from consult, medications, insurance (which is a HUGE pain), financials.... the list goes on... I really cannot even imagine how difficult it could have been if hadn't left our prior clinic, Penn. Main Line Fertility is AMAZING!...Each and every nurse is extremely kind and helpful. If you have questions they will literally stop what that are doing and bring you into a consult room to re-review until you are completely comfortable. Amazing team!
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner will explain everything to you including all risks. He is thorough and will answer any and all questions that you may have. Our first retrieval didn't go as well as we hoped and he was the first to call me to discuss in detail and create a plan for a second retrieval that included slowing my body down so I could produce better quality/mature eggs. He is excellent!
You can put your trust in Dr. Glassner, take a breath and know he will do the absolute best for you
First IVF retrieval med combo of Gonal-F/ Menapur. We didn't get as many mature eggs as we thought/hoped. Dr. Glassner decided we needed to slow the process down for my body. So for my second IVF retrieval he did a med combo Birth control (3 weeks), then Gonal-F/ Menapur/lupron. This process was longer, but so worth it. We had triple the amount of mature eggs/ and triple the amount of normal embryos - ecstatic !
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
You will be very impressed with this clinic, they are helpful and on top of EVERYTHING! You can relax and know they will take care of you from consult, medications, insurance (which is a HUGE pain), financials.... the list goes on... I really cannot even imagine how difficult it could have been if hadn't left our prior clinic, Penn. Main Line Fertility is AMAZING!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Main Line Fertility .
Efficient well oiled machine. You are called back for blood work (super quick and easy), then you wait in a small waiting room (usually very brief), brought into private room for ultra sound, nurse discussion. If Dr. wants to see you you would then see them, or could request to see them. They call you around 3 pm that day with any results from blood-work or adjustments to be made to medications or protocol.
PGT- genetic testing of embryos- $3200 $9000 IVF cycle without insurance? (includes all) Medications - 2-4000$ insurance can cover Embryo transfer $3500 (includes all)
Strong preference to transfer one embryo at a time. Now, we had done genetic testing on the embryos and everything seems normal on my end, I am not sure if his preference would change with different patients - I'd imagine so

IVF, Surrogacy
Dr glassner is caring and patient and logical. He saved my ovaries in a sense and gave us the best chance by first draining the cyst before egg retrievel instead of surgery. He is amazing! Thank you! ... Dr Glassner made me feel better through our situation that even though I’m missing a uterus I have a life and my life means something more than my uterus , he made me feel we can have a child through surrogacy and help it be as “normal” as possible. ...
They’re [nurses] wonderful people and work well together. Patient and caring!! Makes all the difference for follow ups and while taking medicines and feel a little sick from the meds . They gave tips how to manage and breathe calmly through the process ... I feel I honestly never saw any weaknesses [at Main Line Fert] in my journey with them so far. I feel all was done in a way it should be in a timely fashion. I feel the strengths are good communication , understanding and compassionate. I believe that patients need to go in honest and give it there all, and the drs and nurses in return will be there 100%. It is hard to sometimes open up altogether and be totally you in this hard journey of infertility but the more open and honest you are with yourself and the drs I think the more they can help you!
IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He is genuine , patient , caring and understanding . Has a tremendous amount of knowledge! He is always ready to answer any question you have and infertility can be very lonely but he knows where to point you in the direction to get all the help you need regarding the physical and emotional ! No part of your journey goes unnoticed or uncovered, it definitely helps to make the difficult journey of infertility that much easier. For everyone it’s their own reason why they need to use a dr to help create their family but as wide as the spectrum of creating babies is , dr glassner is educated in all of the different areas and the challenges they bring and emotions that may arise. He is truly a GIFT from G-d! With His help and the help from G-d I do believe after this coronavirus we will be able to use our created embryos that he did for us and transfer them to our gestational Carrier and still receive the BEST care from him even though we’re nit the ones pregnant and our carrier is carrying for us. I believe G-d gave me a uterus to bring a life into this world and G-d took it away to save my life! I had an emergency hysterectomy during the birth of my first child. Dr Glassner made me feel better through our situation that even though I’m missing a uterus I have a life and my life means something more than my uterus , he made me feel we can have a child through surrogacy and help it be as “normal” as possible. No one is alone when you have Dr Glassner.
To trust dr glassner and he will be there always 100%
I felt like a human because he has such care and concern and treats you like your the only one in the work at the moment he’s helping you that it feels like he’s full force there for you the whole way on your journey
He did egg retrievel for me . So before I had to take medicine for 10-14 days in injection forms and then I had to go in for visits in a daily basis to check me levels to be ready for retrievel. During this time I also had a 9,5 cm cyst on my one ovary which dr glassner drained before starting medicines for egg retrievel because I had a hysterectomy he didn’t want me to do surgery before egg retrievel to remove the cyst Incase I’d lose the ovary. He wanted to get as many eggs as possible during retrievel. During the medicine taking the cyst filled up so the day of egg retrievel he drained the cyst Aswell as retrieving eggs, if it wasn’t for him I would’ve not gotten the amount of eggs he retrieved and possibly would’ve had surgery before the egg retrievel process and possibly only have had one ovary. Dr glassner is caring and patient and logical. He saved my ovaries in a sense and gave us the best chance by first draining the cyst before egg retrievel instead of surgery. He is amazing! Thank you!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
They’re wonderful people and work well together. Patient and caring!! Makes all the difference for follow ups and while taking medicines and feel a little sick from the meds . They gave tips how to manage and breathe calmly through the process
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
I feel I honestly never saw any weaknesses in my journey with them so far. I feel all was done in a way it should be in a timely fashion. I feel the strengths are good communication , understanding and compassionate. I believe that patients need to go in honest and give it there all, and the drs and nurses in return will be there 100%. It is hard to sometimes open up altogether and be totally you in this hard journey of infertility but the more open and honest you are with yourself and the drs I think the more they can help you!
They were very reasonable regarding numbers we researched before going into our journey of creating embryos to get ready for using a gestational Carrier. I feel they give you the best care and charge any amazing price for what they do for you and the way they do! I recommend dr glassner and his team any day!
My only comment is that I am a triplet and my husband a twin and I’m 26 years old. I was born two months early and in an incubator for a month so I think I more than most understand the risks of multiple pregnancies . But the difference in my opinion now a days the technology and medical advancements are a lot more than 26 years ago and I think it in a sense can help ease the risk of multiple embryo transfers. Yes every situation is different and can be risky . A single embryo transfer can turn into identical twins , multiple transfer can only one . You never know , it’s up to G-d and ofcourse us as humans doing what we feel is right with caution. But the above is why I feel it’s ok to do multiple and why I would.
Bryn Mawr

He [Dr. Michael Glassner] highly suggested egg retrieval with freeze all and genetic PGD testing with a later single FET. My husband had expressed his goals of avoiding multiples and reducing genetic risks so this could be why he suggested the above...has a very busy schedule but will take the time to speak with you and answer all of your questions. He’s very personable and genuinely seems to care about your infertility goals...
The initial nurse I met with [at Main Line Fertility] was informative and very helpful in obtaining my old records...Some days [monitoring] appointments went quickly and smoothly while other days they took a while and you were ushered from one waiting area to the next...This is a busy clinic. Pros-they are flexible with their hours and you can pretty much pick your appointment time between 0700-1100. Cons-there are often long waits at the appointments. Average is an hour, but it Wasn’t unusual for it to take almost 2 hours. Clinic Nps
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is genuine and very experienced with what he does. He seems to be able to properly readjust fertility plans to get desired outcomes. He’s willing to take a more aggressive approach in fertility treatment. The only downside is that the clinic is busy and if you want to meet with Dr. Glassner there can be long waiting periods.
You may not get to see him as often as you might a physician at a smaller practice, but he has the experience and expertise for more difficult cases. It is worth your while to use Dr. Glassner.
Dr glassner has a very busy schedule but will take the time to speak with you and answer all of your questions. He’s very personable and genuinely seems to care about your infertility goals.
I was offered a more aggressive form of IUI if desired but after learning the risks, we declined and moved onto IVF. Our plan from the start was an egg retrieval with freeze all PGD testing due to my age. Please also note I only have one ovary. Cycle #1 follistim/ganarelix protocol failed-only 2 eggs developed-canceled Cycle #2 follistim/Lupron-8 eggs retrieved/2 made it to blastocyst. 2 frozen. Cycle #3 follistim/ganarelix higher dose/ 11 eggs retrieved/ 2 made it to blastocyst Cycle #4-follistim/ganarelix/ 15 eggs retrieved/4 made it to blastocysts
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Yes)
The initial nurse I met with was informative and very helpful in obtaining my old records.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Some days these appointments went quickly and smoothly while other days they took a while and you were ushered from one waiting area to the next. It really depended on how busy the clinic was.
I believe I was charged 5000$ for retrieval #4, 6000$ for retrieval #3, 7000$ for retrieval #2. Retrieval #1 was cancelled. My insurance paid for some of the monitoring. If you do FET With PGD the first transfer is only 2000$. I believe the ERA was 1,300$. PGD was somewhere around 7000$ with all associated fees.
He highly suggested egg retrieval with freeze all and genetic PGD testing with a later single FET. My husband had expressed his goals of avoiding multiples and reducing genetic risks so this could be why he suggested the above.
Philadelphia

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Glassner is genuinely a caring person with a good sense of humor. On our first visit, he said that when we are in his office, he will talk to us about our case as though we are his own children. We have always felt that intimate care, compassion, and consideration for our case...is very precise with procedures, uses science to support his logic, and has years of experience and a caring mindset with which he approaches our treatment and plan. He is able to introduce humor to a stressful situation and relax the room. His confidence is contagious. I am hopeful that we are in good hands. I would recommend Dr. Glassner to my family and friends in a heartbeat.
Most [nurses at Main Line Fertility] were excellent and emphatic!...The doctors are knowledgeable about the latest science in reproductive health, very good at their work (procedures), and confident leaders. Nurses are on the same page and supportive to each doctor and patient. My only negative is that they are so good/busy that it can be a long wait. When I first came to MLF I was worried it would feel like a factory. After being there for a few months I realize that worry was eliminated within 2 visits. I feel like part of their family and am warmly greeted by nurses/phlebotomist multiple times each visit. Overall, I have been more than satisfied at Main Line Fertility and highly recommend it to anyone.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is very precise with procedures, uses science to support his logic, and has years of experience and a caring mindset with which he approaches our treatment and plan. He is able to introduce humor to a stressful situation and relax the room. His confidence is contagious. I am hopeful that we are in good hands. I would recommend Dr. Glassner to my family and friends in a heartbeat.
Ask to meet with him any time you have a question or want to make sure you’re on the same page as him and understanding the plan. Write down your questions ahead of time.
Hysteroscopy, doxycycline for inflammation), hormone stimulation injections for retrieval, egg retrieval, ICSI, ERA (endometrial receptivity assay)- which showed that my timing of transfer needs to be adjusted/individualized to me, PGS, PGD, intralipid infusion/prednisone/Lovenox (for immune response and potential blood clots related to unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss), scheduled transfer (upcoming)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Most were excellent and emphatic!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
MLF is an excellent clinic. The doctors are knowledgeable about the latest science in reproductive health, very good at their work (procedures), and confident leaders. Nurses are on the same page and supportive to each doctor and patient. My only negative is that they are so good/busy that it can be a long wait. When I first came to MLF I was worried it would feel like a factory. After being there for a few months I realize that worry was eliminated within 2 visits. I feel like part of their family and am warmly greeted by nurses/phlebotomist multiple times each visit. Overall, I have been more than satisfied at Main Line Fertility and highly recommend it to anyone.
Single transfer- research shows it’s safest

2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Michael Glassner] only will transfer one embryo at a time, due to his protocol...He ran every test under the sun and then some. After talking he advised that there really shouldn't be any issue of me getting pregnant. Donor sperm was perfect. He advised just because my periods were slightly irregular that I should start Metformin. It helps with balancing levels that women with PCOS usually have. It helped me lose 30 pounds. I started taking Metformin for about 6 months and was ready to finally start my IUI's.
13 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst stage and I am awaiting PGS testing [at Main Line Fertility]...[The nurses are the] Best people you will ever meet. Caring, friendly, funny...Monitoring was run as best as possible. Waiting was to be expected and truthfully I never mind to wait for this doctor...For IVF, I cannot thank the financial coordinator and my guess is Dr. Glassner himself in helping me afford IVF. I was open and honest with him during my IVF consult about my finances. He let me know he'd help me out anyway he could.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Please see my previous comments. The only reason Dr. Glassner didn't do all my procedures of IUI's except for one, is because I always fell on a weekend for the procedures. He did do my egg retrieval and I will, will myself for him to do my transfer when the time comes. His bedside manner is beyond impressive and always makes me laugh. I've never felt stressed or anything at any of my visits. I wish I saw him more during the IVF stage, but you can ALWAYS request to see him when you schedule your appointments.
You are either going to love him, LOVE HIM or hate him. Remember he is not the reason you can't get pregnant, please do not blame him. He's only there to help make YOUR dreams a reality! If these dreams don't come true immediately, remember your dreams will come true eventually, even if it takes years. HE IS YOUR ALLY, NOT YOUR ENEMY!
Dr. Glassner is the most caring, thoughtful man, and doctor I've ever come across. I started going to him towards the end of 2017 to have a Fertility work up as a single woman. From the beginning I knew he was the right doctor for me. He ran every test under the sun and then some. After talking he advised that there really shouldn't be any issue of me getting pregnant. Donor sperm was perfect. He advised just because my periods were slightly irregular that I should start Metformin. It helps with balancing levels that women with PCOS usually have. It helped me lose 30 pounds. I started taking Metformin for about 6 months and was ready to finally start my IUI's. Dr. Glassner prescribed me Letrozole, for my first cycle. He knew I was excited and he set expectations for me saying IUI's usually don't work on the first try. He was right it failed. Went in for 4 more IUI's each time changing meds. One cycle was just Clomid. Another cycle was a combination of both maxed doses of Letrozole and Clomid. I conceived but miscarried at 17DPO. In 2019 we continued but this time skipped the oral meds and went to injectable meds. Failed in January, conceived in February but miscarried again. After this miscarriage and talking to him he knew I only had one vial of sperm left and we decided to head to IVF. I had my egg retrieval on Monday July 22nd 2019. 13 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst stage and I am awaiting PGS testing. I cannot speak enough of Dr. Glassner. I know he has my best interest in mind and wants to keep me healthy during this entire time. I will forever be grateful to this man. Even though I am still awaiting my baby, I am hoping to have transfer this month August 2019, I know Michael will be able to make my dreams of becoming a mom a reality soon. Dr. Glassner if you are reading thank you from the bottom of my heart! I will forever be grateful for you!
Metformin, Letrozole, Clomid, Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, HCG Trigger Shot. Different levels of each. One cycle he did a maxed out dosage of a combination of Letrozole and Clomid.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Best people you will ever meet. Caring, friendly, funny. They are there to help you also!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Fast, efficient, everyone treats you as family. I never feel as though I'm a number! After the first couple visits they (the front desk) knew my name! They do anything and everything to help make your experience the best possible! Nurses learned about how to get my blood within a few visits (I'm a tough stick). Ultrasound technicians are amazing. I have a tough right ovary that is hard to find, but they always are as gentle as possible and apologize for any discomfort I may be experiencing! LOVE EVERY ONE OF THESE PEOPLE IN THIS OFFICE!
Monitoring was run as best as possible. Waiting was to be expected and truthfully I never mind to wait for this doctor. I actually find my appointments relaxing and nonstressful.
IUI's weren't covered by insurance. ALL Monitoring was, all I had to do was pay co-pays. Paid out of pocket for the IUI's. For IVF, I cannot thank the financial coordinator and my guess is Dr. Glassner himself in helping me afford IVF. I was open and honest with him during my IVF consult about my finances. He let me know he'd help me out anyway he could. I don't know how I will EVER be able to show him my gratitude and love that I have for him and his clinic. I HAVE NO WORDS. Speechless. He has helped me out BEYOND my expectations! Once again Dr. Glassner THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!! If there is one way to show my gratitude towards you and your clinic it is by writing this review! This is the least I could do!
He only will transfer one embryo at a time, due to his protocol. Its healthier for mom and baby to be.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Glassner is wonderful! He spent a lot of time with us twice in consultation. We never felt rushed. He was gentle, kind, funny, and understood my spiritual bent and offered his own stories with his kids.... He is kind, patient, compassionate and honest. He shares his personal stories and is warm and funny. He has taken a lot of time with us answering questions. We never felt rushed and love that. He is wonderful!... He said it is our choice though he strongly advises single.
The office [Main Line Fertility] is friendly, modern, bright and well coordinated so that you move through each visit in an organized way. Everyone there is SO nice. They are always willing to talk and hear you. Our first visit had a long wait, but once we saw that 4 different people were willing to spend AS MUCH time with them as we needed and wanted, we didn’t care about the wait because we’d rather have this personalized care.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Be honest with all of your hopes and fears - he will care for you well.
Dr. Glassner is wonderful! He spent a lot of time with us twice in consultation. We never felt rushed. He was gentle, kind, funny, and understood my spiritual bent and offered his own stories with his kids. His staff are also WONDERFUL! They have all spent a lot of time with us in person and on the phone, letting me cry, talking through options, and answering our million questions! Plus, they have a large egg bank and embryos, which is unique. We had been to another doctor that had the opposite bedside manner and are so happy we found Dr. Glassner! We love this office!
We are in process
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
They are all wonderful! They are friendly and warm and spend as much time as you need to cry, talk, and ask questions.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The office is friendly, modern, bright and well coordinated so that you move through each visit in an organized way. Everyone there is SO nice. They are always willing to talk and hear you. Our first visit had a long wait, but once we saw that 4 different people were willing to spend AS MUCH time with them as we needed and wanted, we didn’t care about the wait because we’d rather have this personalized care.
$2100 per egg + $3500 transfer + approx $1000 meds
He said it is our choice though he strongly advises single.
Bryn Mawr

He [Dr. Glassner] just seems to be super busy and I felt like I was always rushed when speaking with him. ... He also tested my husbands sperm later than he should have & found his morphology to be zero. ... I had a low AMH with history or one miscarriage that was a trisomy he he moved to recommend IVF very quickly if I wanted to avoid another potential miscarriage.
They [Main Line Fertility] are extremely busy and the wait times for your appts are insane.. always an hour plus wait. I also can usually overhear other patients discussions with staff so they should go behind a closed door to talk about medical history. The nurses are very nice though ... I’ve just had a nurse, embryologist and dr tell me all different things about the same topic which were conflicting bits of info
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He just seems to be super busy and I felt like I was always rushed when speaking with him. I did not see him right before my retrieval or even afterwards which was disheartening that he didn’t check on me. He does seem to know what he’s talking about & I trust his expertise but he talks fast and very candidly without a lot of time for questions
To demand how ever much time you need with him or ask him to slow down or repeat things if he’s talking too fast or you don’t understand something
He seems to be very busy and doesn’t take as much time as I’d like to review my questions. He does seem to be reachable though when I request to speak with him
I had a low AMH with history or one miscarriage that was a trisomy he he moved to recommend IVF very quickly if I wanted to avoid another potential miscarriage. I’m not sure about what protocol he used specifically for my IVF plan but intend on finding out. He also tested my husbands sperm later than he should have & found his morphology to be zero. He asked him to do a repeat test which was a bit better but recommended ICSI for all eggs instead of half of the eggs or as a backup.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Very compassionate but over worked.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
They are extremely busy and the wait times for your appts are insane.. always an hour plus wait. I also can usually overhear other patients discussions with staff so they should go behind a closed door to talk about medical history. The nurses are very nice though
About $25 all in for one cycle- IVF, anesthia, retrieval, ICSI, PGT, biopsies, shipping fees, lab and monitoring fees, transfer, freezing, storage for a year
I believe my dr does single and avoids twins, multiples at all costs. For my age, he would only consider single

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Although I do not see Dr. Glassner each time, when I do he is very open and honest about the route of treatment and what needs to be done. While he is clear on the information he gives, he does so in a way that makes the patient feel comfortable. He seems to understand this process is emotional and caters to that when discussing treatment, issues, etc, with his patients...[treatment included] the clomid challenge in order to see if I was able to grow more follicles (it worked, I grew more follicles) 2.) Tons of bloodwork to test my cycle and how I ovulate 3.) Ultrasounds (internal and external to check the status of my uterus and follicles (showed that I responded well to the clomid) 4.) Hysteroscopy to see how viable my uterus is (which they found a fibroid in the uterine cavity and I then needed to have a hysteroscopic myomectomy), 5.)HSG which tested for block fallopian tubes (which we learned my remaining tube is blocked. I had one removed in 2009) 6.) 1st cycle if IVF up to egg retrieval 7.) Embryo freezing 8.) FET cycle in about 2 weeks.
Hysteroscopy [at Main Line Fertility] to see how viable my uterus is (which they found a fibroid in the uterine cavity and I then needed to have a hysteroscopic myomectomy)...The nursing staff is absolutely amazing! They are very caring and are sure to make you feel at ease each and every time you visit...The strengths are the short wait times, the great attitudes of the staff, the willingness everyone has to help the patients...their goal is the same as the patients, to get the patient pregnant! I think the only weakness the office has is the time restrictions for appointments. They dont really have appointments past 2:30pm which makes it difficult when you work.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Ask all the questions you want. Do not be afraid to voice your opinion or clarify something you do not understand.
Dr. Glassner and his staff are all very welcoming and empathetic to the reason why you are visiting their office. Everyone takes the time to make sure you understand every step of treatment and they are always willing to answer any question their patients have.
I began this process over a year ago so far I have been through a lot of testing and diagnosis. This includes, 1.) the clomid challenge in order to see if I was able to grow more follicles (it worked, I grew more follicles) 2.) Tons of bloodwork to test my cycle and how I ovulate 3.) Ultrasounds (internal and external to check the status of my uterus and follicles (showed that I responded well to the clomid) 4.) Hysteroscopy to see how viable my uterus is (which they found a fibroid in the uterine cavity and I then needed to have a hysteroscopic myomectomy), 5.)HSG which tested for block fallopian tubes (which we learned my remaining tube is blocked. I had one removed in 2009) 6.) 1st cycle if IVF up to egg retrieval 7.) Embryo freezing 8.) FET cycle in about 2 weeks.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Medication, bloodwork and office visit copays, surgical copays, anesthesia copay, IVF costs for procedure and medications
Philadelphia

Dr. Glassner is very knowledgeable and fairly blunt in his explanations. I personally appreciate the bluntness when it comes to my body, limitations, and expectations. Although blunt. it is evident Dr. Glassner cares about you as a person and helping you achieve my goals of having children is his complete focus. His humor and bedside manner was very helpful in alleviating stress and anxiety during procedures.... Dr. Glassner suggested an IUI during my initial appointments / testing to increase my chance of conception.
The clinic's [Main Line] strengths include a highly organized team of knowledgeable individuals who are aware of your history and plan of care. All nurses and doctors are compassionate and assist you in understanding all procedures, risks, and rationales for treatments. One weakness I would cite is simply the busy nature of the clinic, which does not allow itself to give you personal attention and quality time with each visit. Due to the business of the clinic, it is important for you to be well informed and to be an advocate for yourself and ask questions / facilitate conversations.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I would advise patients that he is blunt, but extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. In general, i would advise any patient to be a self advocate, ask questions about anything that makes you feel confused or hesitant.
Main Line Fertility is a busy clinic, so sometimes personal attention each visit was difficult, but anytime I needed questions answered or explanations, I was absolutely given the attention I needed.
Dr. Glassner suggested an IUI during my initial appointments / testing to increase my chance of conception. Since the initial did not work, he suggested Clomid for 3 cycles, increasing the dosage each time w/ IUI. All IUIs were negative. Due to the failed IUIs and my low AMH level, he suggested bypassing further injectibles and to continue w/ IVF. About to begin my initial IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
All of the nursing staff was compassionate, answered any questions regarding procedures, and gave me a full explanation of what to expect with each procedure / visit.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic's strengths include a highly organized team of knowledgeable individuals who are aware of your history and plan of care. All nurses and doctors are compassionate and assist you in understanding all procedures, risks, and rationales for treatments. One weakness I would cite is simply the busy nature of the clinic, which does not allow itself to give you personal attention and quality time with each visit. Due to the business of the clinic, it is important for you to be well informed and to be an advocate for yourself and ask questions / facilitate conversations.
My diagnostic testing was covered by insurance; however medications, IUIs, and IVF costs were not covered, and therefore out of pocket.
Main Line has a strict one embryo policy, and I appreciate and agree with their ethical rationale behind it.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Glassner always remembers our last conversations and fertility plans despite the weeks between our meetings. We specifically sought him out after requesting a second opinion, and he remembered the details of our initial conversation, moreover after our consultation, he called the next day (unprompted) to make sure the information he provided sunk in, and to see if I had follow up questions. I was impressed by his attention and his memory of each patient case.
The clinic [Main Line Fertility] does a great job of working with a lot of patients and once and separating the patients based on treatment plan (eg: IVF patients have their own set of nursing staff from those seeking other fertility treatment plans.) at first, it was frustrating that I didn’t have one person to call and that knew my case, now that I’m well into my first IVF cycle, and I’ve spent more time at MLF, the office staff and nursing staff know me and remember my journey. They do a great job of easing your fears, but don’t be bashful about asking questions! Often times, if you don’t ask what’s next, the team will assume you know.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner has a very specific style for his bedside manner. He has a good balance of jokes during his visits which we like, it provides levity to a situation that often feels heavy and anxiety ridden. He also knows when to share empathy and provide hope to his patients. During our first meeting, he shared his personal stories of fertility challenges, and was able to relate to my husband and made my emotional and physical needs feel met. If you’re ok with a very direct doctor (there’s no sugar coating here) and one that can make you laugh, then he’s your guy!
Be honest and direct with your needs. If you need to see him during an appointment, say so! He’s quite busy but will ALWAYS make time for you, you just have to ask.
I was on an 11 day regimen of Follistim and Menopur, will ganarellix used from days 6-11. We triggered with HCG which we believed would be best since we were going for the highest number possible. We discussed my previous RE’s recommendation of using a Lupron protocol, however because of my DOR he was candid to say this may actually have the opposite effect. As a result, we retrieved 9 mature follicles which was in our goal range originally outlined during our consultation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff are very compassionate and patient to answer all of your questions. I was nervous at first to be without a nurse coordinator, but I made a point to really get to know the nurses so they knew me as a patient. They have been very supportive and feel like extended family during this process.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic does a great job of working with a lot of patients and once and separating the patients based on treatment plan (eg: IVF patients have their own set of nursing staff from those seeking other fertility treatment plans.) at first, it was frustrating that I didn’t have one person to call and that knew my case, now that I’m well into my first IVF cycle, and I’ve spent more time at MLF, the office staff and nursing staff know me and remember my journey. They do a great job of easing your fears, but don’t be bashful about asking questions! Often times, if you don’t ask what’s next, the team will assume you know.
We specifically expressed our concern about costs especially since we were already thinking we would need to complete 2 retrieval’s and have no insurance coverage. Dr. Glassner was very open to say he would work with us in any way he could- that all we needed to do was to talk to him and be direct, but he would make sure we had a baby, in a way we could afford. After price shopping, this was the first time we EVER had an RE actually work with us and discuss cost.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
Because we were coming in from another RE, there was confusion at first about the tests we had already completed and what was missing from my chart. It was frustrating to receive a phone call about what was needed when I was in the lobby awaiting bloodwork. However, because I expressed this to the monitoring nurse, she quickly helped me to clarify the needs and find a solution to have all records sent to her.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Glassner immediately made me feel like I was important and he cared about my treatment. He was as excited about me getting pregnant and having a baby as much as I was. He treated my wife and I with respect as an LGBTQ couple and knew exactly what reciprocal IVF was and how to go about doing it.... He is warm, caring, thorough, and funny, which helps when the nerves of fertility treatment set in. He took time to help me understand exactly what the plan was and made sure we both were in it together to achieve the same goal.
The nursing staff at Main Line Fertility was amazing. They are the glue that holds the clinic together and kept me sane during my fertility treatment. They are extremely knowledgable in all this fertility and are there to answer questions, ease your nerves, and keep you positive.... Main Line Fertility is clean, welcoming, thorough, knowledgeable, and overall fantastic. The staff is great from the front desk to the nurses to the doctors. They are knowledgeable and welcoming the LGBTQ patients and are able to provide a variety of different treatments to help create families.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner was fantastic from start to finish. He is warm, caring, thorough, and funny, which helps when the nerves of fertility treatment set in. He took time to help me understand exactly what the plan was and made sure we both were in it together to achieve the same goal. When things didn't work out as planned, he was there to make me feel optimistic again and help me understand that IVF takes time. I am forever grateful for the Dr. Glassner's expertise and the gift he helped me create, my daughter. I never felt like just a number, I always felt important and that Dr. Glassner shared the same goals I had for myself.
Stick with him, even when it feels like things aren't working as fast as you want them to. Fertility treatments take time and Dr. Glassner will be there every step of the way to help you create that family that you want for yourself.
From our very first visit with Dr. Glassner and our first consultation we knew we picked the right doctor and fertility clinic. Dr. Glassner immediately made me feel like I was important and he cared about my treatment. He was as excited about me getting pregnant and having a baby as much as I was. He treated my wife and I with respect as an LGBTQ couple and knew exactly what reciprocal IVF was and how to go about doing it. His sense of humor put me at ease when I was nervous about my embryo transfers and I felt completely comfortable with him. After my first failed embryo transfer Dr. Glassner called me to discuss what happened and what our next steps were. During a devastating time of not getting pregnant, he put me at ease and made me feel optimistic again. I knew that my wife and I would reach our goal of having a baby with Dr. Glassner. When we got pregnant, Dr. Glassner was excited for us! He always made us feel that we were his most important patients.
For both embryo transfers I was taking Gonal-F injections and having ultrasounds and blood work until I was ready for transfer. Dr. Glassner wanted my body to ovulate to help the transfer work. Once my body started to ovulate I had my embryo transfer. I also was on estradiol pills and progesterone in oil shots. Once I was pregnant I continued the pills and progesterone in oil shots until my 12th week of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff at Main Line Fertility was amazing. They are the glue that holds the clinic together and kept me sane during my fertility treatment. They are extremely knowledgable in all this fertility and are there to answer questions, ease your nerves, and keep you positive. They were there for me every step of the way. During my failed transfer, the nurses comforted me and when my transfer worked they rejoiced with me. They knew exactly who I was, who my wife was, and our goal. I am forever grateful for every nurse that was involved with my care during my fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Main Line Fertility is clean, welcoming, thorough, knowledgeable, and overall fantastic. The staff is great from the front desk to the nurses to the doctors. They are knowledgeable and welcoming the LGBTQ patients and are able to provide a variety of different treatments to help create families. The staff makes you feel important and never like just another patient. Fertility treatments can be scary and stressful, but the clinic does everything to keep you informed, calm, and optimistic about achieving your goals.
Embryo transfer cost about $2500, PGS testing cost about $3000
I had the PGS testing done on the embryos, so Dr. Glassner only allowed transfer of one embryo. He stated that if I had not done PGS testing I would be able to put two embryos in. I was happy with his decision to put one embryo in because our embryos were considered genetically normal.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Definitely knows his stuff. [Michael Glassner] Tries to find the best treatment for the patient but a lot of patients dont have the financial means or insurance coverage to proceed with a aggressive approach like IUI or IVF. Injectables... I dont ovulate on my own and cycles are too long. In 2017 we did several cycles with clomid and metformin and my body did not respond at all. He was in my insurance network copays were only 15.00. Had to stop due to other health related issues.
Excellent hours as early as 7am excellent for working women, everthing is done on site Ultrasounds, labs, surgeries at Bryn Mawr hospital across the street. Every employee [Main Line Fertility] is friendly compassionate and understanding, family oriented. They treat you as a human not just another number. That is important for any person as a patient.... [Cost Of Treatment] In 2018 very expensive. My insurance coverage does not cover ivf and they were out of network this time around.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Definitely knows his stuff. Tries to find the best treatment for the patient but a lot of patients dont have the financial means or insurance coverage to proceed with a aggressive approach like IUI or IVF. Injectables
Be patient
The attention given to every patient is unique and special at every consultation from the doctor and every staff member including the front desk, i will not go anywhere else hopefully will be able to conceive soon
I dont ovulate on my own and cycles are too long. In 2017 we did several cycles with clomid and metformin and my body did not respond at all. He was in my insurance network copays were only 15.00. Had to stop due to other health related issues. In 2018 they were no longer in my network copays were 45.00 for each visit and bills were applied to deductible. This time around we did femara and clomid my body responded to the meds I achieved two perfect follicles, ovulated but did not conceive my cervical mucus was there enough to help the sperm. I received bills in excess of 600.00 as my balance due to the deductible so i had to stop treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Excellent
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Excellent hours as early as 7am excellent for working women, everthing is done on site Ultrasounds, labs, surgeries at Bryn Mawr hospital across the street. Every employee is friendly compassionate and understanding, family oriented. They treat you as a human not just another number. That is important for any person as a patient.
In 2018 very expensive. My insurance coverage does not cover ivf and they were out of network this time around. Received a bill for 680.00 after they were applied to my out of network deductible and 45.00 copay due at the time of service. Clomid and femara out of pocket not covered by my insurance
Bryn Mawr

He [Dr. Glassner] seems to have a LOT of experience. From the first meeting I felt that he was going to be completely honest with me, and he even told us that he would give me the same advice he would give to his sister or someone else in his family that was going through this. He also brings a light side to things and jokes around - after all... what else can you do in this process? I would 100% recommend him to anyone else.
Strengths would be the way they [Main Line Fertility] are organized, make you feel comfortable and at home. Really the only negative I'd say is to have a little more room in some of the waiting rooms -- sometimes there are not enough seats. 100% recommend this clinic and would not go anywhere else.... [Nursing Staff] Amazing ! That is really the only word needed. Via phone and in the office there were always super compassionate and caring.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He seems to have a LOT of experience. From the first meeting I felt that he was going to be completely honest with me, and he even told us that he would give me the same advice he would give to his sister or someone else in his family that was going through this. He also brings a light side to things and jokes around - after all... what else can you do in this process? I would 100% recommend him to anyone else.
Have an idea in your head of what you might want to do first. Meaning... if you are ok with just a few meds combinied with IUI or if you would like to do natural cycles. How comfortable you are with IUI and or IVF - be committed to your own path.
Always felt VERY welcomed in the office from the time I walk in until I leave. All the Drs, Nurses, and PA's know my and my husbands name and treat us as if we are the most important or only ones there, even though there are a million other patients. Dr. Glassner even called to follow up after our first initial appt. And his PA, Rachel takes time in the office with me and over the phone to answer all of my 5,297 questions.
We started out with Clomid only and IUI cycles. We then personally decided to only to natural cycles of IUI because I did not feel comfortable with the meds, which he was fine with. However recommend meds because it was not working without. He is now recommending we move forward with IVF because we gave it a few tries already.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths would be the way they are organized, make you feel comfortable and at home. Really the only negative I'd say is to have a little more room in some of the waiting rooms -- sometimes there are not enough seats. 100% recommend this clinic and would not go anywhere else.
$60 co-pays each time. $450 per IUI. $60 Clomid cycle.

Unexplained, Other
We eventually did get pregnant by monitoring our cycles [with Dr. Michael Glassner] but that lead to an ectopic pregnancy. It was decided then that I probably have a weak tube. After a year of trying through IUIs, etc we decided to go through IVF. Financially we could not afford IVF but Dr. Glassner and his team worked with an organization called BabyQuest that provided us financial help to pay for our IVF procedure.
Strengths [at Main Line Fertility]: professionalism, bedside manner, there is always a person to answer your calls, honesty, they were great at building confidence, flexible hours...Weakness: On rare occasions the wait could be more than 15 minutes...The nurses were nothing short of excellent. They calmed our nerves and literally held my hand throughout the process. They always explained any procedure that I had a question about. They were caring and compassionate.
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is friendly, has a great sense of humor, and is patient. He meets with us every time we have a visit at the doctor's office and explains exactly what is happening and what we should next. He answers any questions we have and answers them thoroughly. He gives his expert advice to help us make informed decisions on our health and fertility treatments. His bedside manner is what makes him stand apart from most doctors. He is personable and you really feel like you have all his attention when you are in his presence.
One piece advice I would give a new patient of Dr. Glassner is to be patient because the fertility process is long and can be stressful.
Dr. Glassner took the time out to answer all my questions during our visits. He's personable and remembers past conversations that we had. Most importantly, Dr. Glassner knew our financial situation and was very flexible in trying to make IVF affordable for us. During our fertility process we found an amazing organization called the "BabyQuest Foundation". BabyQuest provides financial help to people seeking fertility treatments. Because of Dr. Glassner's and Mainline fertility's understanding of our situation they provided fair pricing to the Foundation which in turn helped us win the grant. We will always be grateful and indebted to them.
In the beginning of our treatment Dr. Glassner began with IUIs because we had an unexplained fertility diagnosis. These did not produce a positive pregnancy. We eventually did get pregnant by monitoring our cycles but that lead to an ectopic pregnancy. It was decided then that I probably have a weak tube. After a year of trying through IUIs, etc we decided to go through IVF. Financially we could not afford IVF but Dr. Glassner and his team worked with an organization called BabyQuest that provided us financial help to pay for our IVF procedure. Without Dr. Glassner's and Baby Quest's help our son would not be here today.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths: professionalism, bedside manner, there is always a person to answer your calls, honesty, they were great at building confidence, flexible hours Weakness: On rare occasions the wait could be more than 15 minutes.
Paoli

For my first cycle, my husband and I went straight to IVF after an ectopic pregnancy. My other tube looked damaged, but Dr. Glassner recommended IVF... I was overstimulated this cycle, and because of this I had to freeze my embroys, and only 1 was good enough quality for freezing. My frozen transfer was a few months later, which resulted in pregnancy and then miscarriage at 6 weeks. After this, we discussed removal of my other tube, but I did not want to do that, so at my request, we tried clomid for about 6 cycles.
I was able to get in a clinical trial [at Main Line Fertility] for my meds so there was no cost there. There are no hidden costs, they lay it all out on sheet for you when you first come in. Although, I defintiely wasn't prepared the first time for the additional cost of having to do a frozen cycle since I wasn't expecting to overstimulate. When things didn't work, and since cost is an issue with us, Dr. Glassner did everything in his power to help us with the second cycle, which I could not have been more grateful for.
European, Other
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
My experiences with IVF have been tough, to say the least, as many patients will agree. Being a patient of Dr. Glassner, I always know what to expect. He is very blunt about your diagnosis, steps to take in your infertility journey, the prognosis of pregnancy, and everything in between. If you like someone to be nothing but straight forward with you, Dr. Glassner is your man. He takes the time to answer any questions or concerns, and I never leave feeling like I have no idea what is going on. No question is a dumb question with him. I always feel as though I am taken seriously, my concerns are valid, and my questions are answered. Dr. Glassner knows my case inside and out, no matter how long of a break I may take between cycles. He remembers what I have been through which is so important to me, mainly so I don't have to relive the bad. Financially, IVF is a struggle for us, and Dr. Glassner has gone above and beyond to make having a baby a reality for us. Have I gotten the results I wanted? No, not yet, but I am confident Dr. Glassner will get me there.
One piece of advice would be, if you are looking for a Dr. to sugar coat your situation, he may not be for you. He is very down to earth and easy to talk to, but he is very straight forward about your situation and what is realistic with your expectations.
With Dr. Glassner, I always feel like I am treated as a human, and never a number. He doesn't rush the time spent with him, and always makes sure I don't leave confused. The office staff are always kind and also get to know you on a personal level very quickly. The staff and Dr.'s are the reason I continue to be a patient here.
For my first cycle, my husband and I went straight to IVF after an ectopic pregnancy. My other tube looked damaged, but Dr. Glassner recommended IVF. I do not know the exact protocol, but I believe it was antagonist. Since I am an otherwise healthy person, I started injections at my next cycle. I was overstimulated this cycle, and because of this I had to freeze my embroys, and only 1 was good enough quality for freezing. My frozen transfer was a few months later, which resulted in pregnancy and then miscarriage at 6 weeks. After this, we discussed removal of my other tube, but I did not want to do that, so at my request, we tried clomid for about 6 cycles. No pregnancy resulted from the clomid. We then went on to our next IVF cycle. This time Dr. Glassner added the HGH injections and Lupron, which resulted in a much better quality eggs (and no overstimulation!) I had 2 embroys transferred, which resulted in pregnancy, but miscarriage at 6 weeks. Since this has happened, I decided to move forward with the removal of my other tube. I go back to discuss next steps in a short few weeks!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Bridget (I hope I spelled her name right!))
I can not say enough about the nursing staff at Bryn Mawr. Bridget (sorry if it's spelled wrong!) Michelle, and the entire staff is one of the main reasons I continue with this practice. I don't know if I could have gotten through the bad times of fertility without these nurses. They take the time to get to know you and your journey becomes their journey. They are so invested in each and every patient that comes through their doors. The financial burdens and all of the emotions that come along with this process, the nurses are there for you every step of the way. They all go above and beyond for their patients. They are simply wonderful.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
So when you there for your consult on the "Dr." side, expect a wait!! This is my least favorite part about the clinic. On their busier days you can expect to be there for at least an hour and a half. I found this troubling, because when you are pregnant and transferred to this side, you already take so much time off of work with the IVF process and having to come for weekly appointments or even biweekly, i noticed I had to take almost half days to attend my appts here. Another down side is if the pregnancy isn't going as planned, these long wait times I found extremely hard, as the last place I wanted to be was in public sitting in a room with a bunch of strangers. On the flip side, the staff is great. The women at the front desk get to know you, they are kind and always smiling.
My insurance does not cover IVF, but I was able to get in a clinical trial for my meds so there was no cost there. There are no hidden costs, they lay it all out on sheet for you when you first come in. Although, I defintiely wasn't prepared the first time for the additional cost of having to do a frozen cycle since I wasn't expecting to overstimulate. When things didn't work, and since cost is an issue with us, Dr. Glassner did everything in his power to help us with the second cycle, which I could not have been more grateful for. IVF is very expensive in PA at no fault of the Dr., so knowing that Dr. Glassner and his team go above and beyond to make your baby dreams come true, make me feel better about choosing this practice. We have spent around $27,000 so far on 2 rounds of IVF and a frozen transfer (and all that comes with that). All of my regular office visits not associated with the actual IVF cycle, diagnostic bloodwork, ultrasound, hysteroscopy, etc, were covered by my insurance medical plan. So my copay/deductibles applied.
My first time, I only had one I was able to transfer. The second time, I had multiple embroys, and the Dr. covered all the pros and cons or transferring multiple. I wanted to do 2 and he agreed. I was very informed in my decision.

2014 - 2018
Dr Glassner has a great sense of humor considering the nature of what he does and that worked for us. It may not work for everyone but it’s what we needed. At the same time he was always compassionate and shared in our frustrations in days when a sense of humor wasn’t appropriate...Protocols were always based on my low amh which put my egg quality in question...Dr Glassner was a perfect blend of honest, compassionate, and said he wouldn’t put us through anything he wouldn’t put his own daughter through and that is what always stayed with us month after month
The clinic [Main Line Fertility] is amazing but just like any other dr office you have to be your own self advocate and make sure to always call with any questions. They are always there to help and the more you ask the more comfortable you will be. They have everyone’s best interest in mind so don’t hesitate to rely on them throughout the process...The nurses were so compassionate and would always try their best to keep you motivated throughout the process. Our insurance converge is horrible for fertility so the nurses always tried to help us out by giving us donated meds if they were available to try to eliminate some of the financial stress that comes with this process
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner always made time for us and never made us feel rushed. As disapponting as many months were he still had faith and never moved to a treatment that we weren’t 100% confident. He never wanted us to walk away and made sure he did what he could to not let that happen
Clomid - clomid challenge test Clomid + iui - 3 cycles Injectables + iui - 1 cycle followed by my husband getting vericocele surgery Injectables + iui - 3 cycles Moved onto ivf using injectables and menopur and 5 days in dr glassner concerted the cycle to iui due to my poor response and we ended up getting pregnant that cycle! Protocols were always based on my low amh which put my egg quality in question Currently I’m back with dr glassner for baby #2 we did three cycle of injectables iui with no luck and plan to move ivf in April
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic is amazing but just like any other dr office you have to be your own self advocate and make sure to always call with any questions. They are always there to help and the more you ask the more comfortable you will be. They have everyone’s best interest in mind so don’t hesitate to rely on them throughout the process
Paid out of pocket for iuis and injectable medications and ivf...monitoring appointments were covered with a specialist co pay
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
The only complaint I have is when you have weekend appointments someone’s the doctors that are on call have a different option about the plan for the month and it can been confusing/frustrating for patients who are trusting in their own doctors plan
Paoli

There were times that I felt rushed and not able to express my concerns. Other times, he [Dr. Glassner] would be very receptive and understanding of my situation.... He could be very understanding and compassionate at times. He understood our financial situation and was willing to work with us when our insurance ran out. He was upfront with us in the beginning saying that due to my age the odds were against us with using my own eggs but he was willing to try.
If going for IVF the monitoring and procedure team nurses [Main Line] are amazing. They are what made me keep trying and were always encouraging. The front desk staff was mostly nice. The financial coordinator was available for any questions. You will rely mainly on the monitoring team nurses if going through IVF.... The frozen embryo transfers were around $5,000 not including medications. The IVF monitoring and retrieval’s were $9,000 not including medications.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He could be very understanding and compassionate at times. He understood our financial situation and was willing to work with us when our insurance ran out. He was upfront with us in the beginning saying that due to my age the odds were against us with using my own eggs but he was willing to try. He continued to support us with each attempt we made. He always reminded us that we had to take not only our financial situation but our mental situation into account with each attempt always asking how we were holding up and if we could go through with another retrieval. Each time he was honest about our chances.
Ask questions if you don’t understand. I have a science background and was familiar with a lot of what he spoke to us about but he can just talk and overwhelm you if you don’t have the background.
There were times that I felt rushed and not able to express my concerns. Other times, he would be very receptive and understanding of my situation.
For each round of IVF, I was on menopur (2) per day, Follistim (starting out at different volumes each time with decreasing amounts. Started mostly at 300 then decreased to 150 by the end). Several cycles did Ganirelix. Several cycles did Lupron (20) and growth hormone. Most trigger shots were 10,000 of HCG. One trigger shot was 5,000 HCG and Lupron.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
There were 3 nurses on the monitoring team that were amazing. One in particular went out of her way to talk to Dr. Glassner for me on my treatment plan and ask about financial assistance. The procedure team nurses were also great. The doctor’s side where I had to go for OHSS were not as pleasant.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
If going for IVF the monitoring and procedure team nurses are amazing. They are what made me keep trying and were always encouraging. The front desk staff was mostly nice. The financial coordinator was available for any questions. You will rely mainly on the monitoring team nurses if going through IVF.
The frozen embryo transfers were around $5,000 not including medications. The IVF monitoring and retrieval’s were $9,000 not including medications. The PGS testing was $3,000 for any number of embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
During one of my retrieval’s, there was confusion on which protocol was to be used. The doctor had told me one protocol but the nurse had another protocol.

PCOS, Other
Dr Glassner took time and consideration when discussing my case. Always made me feel welcome. And uses humor appropriately to ease fears...He was very honest and transparent during the entire process. We were never given false hope , everything was explained in detail. There was a plan and it was followed. He really does care about his patients and was very open about giving advice if we encountered a tough situation. During the sad time of a chemical pregnancy he took time to sit and discuss everything that
Everyone i have ever encountered here [Main Line Fert] has been amazing. from the front desk to the nurses and doctors...excellent staff and physicians. Like a lot of doctors offices waiting times can increase but most days I was in and out on time. everyone is happy and smiling and it has a family feel to it. they remember every patient. great encouragement from staff and support during tough times
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
My experience was great. He was very honest and transparent during the entire process. We were never given false hope , everything was explained in detail. There was a plan and it was followed. He really does care about his patients and was very open about giving advice if we encountered a tough situation. During the sad time of a chemical pregnancy he took time to sit and discuss everything that happened and ensured i had further testing done to see if this was a random occurance or a deeper issue like a clotting disorder.
He is smart and driven and has a plan for everyone. It might not be what you want to hear but it is what will work. Don’t expect any sugar coating , just results
I was a mini stim IVF protocol. I think antagonist , i did injections for 2 weeks maybe a little more. No BCP. We focused on taking supplements and metformin to increase my egg quality. this was done based on my age and AMh levels. I produced a 9 eggs all great quality. 8 fertilized and 5 made it to day 5 blasts in great quality. we froze 4 and successfully transferred one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Everyone i have ever encountered here has been amazing. from the front desk to the nurses and doctors.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Ran like a well oiled machine. Monitoring appointments are done in the morning which worked great for me as i could go before work.
10,000 for an IVF cycle
We were advised based on my age and it being my first cycle to only transfer 1 embryo.
Bryn Mawr
Dr. Glassner speaks very quickly and answers questions without much detail. My husband had a vasectomy which is why we have been going through IVF. He never explained that the sperm aspiration could prevent us from successfully reversing the vasectomy later. When we did not see the predicted follicle growth he never changed course. He only personally performed one of my three embryo transfers
The nursing team is the only reason we continued to stay with this office [Main Line Fertility] through our failed cycles. They were kind when we miscarried. They communicated with us through our every step of the way. When I had a question it was the nursing staff that got us an answer from Dr. Glassner. They shared in our happiness, our frustration and our sadness. The nursing staff at Mainline were the ray of light in what has been an incredibly hard journey.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Do your own research and ask questions. He is very charming and quickly won my husband and I over. Once we became a more difficult case instead of spending more time investing our case he told us what we wanted to hear to get more money. Try a cycle but if you are a complicated case get a second opinion early.
Dr Glassner spent very little time with us. He often met with us for no more than 5-10 min at a time. When we had our miscarriage he escorted out of the back of the building. It was horrible. We just learned we had lost a child and he escorted us out the back door. It was the worst day of our lives and he showed such callousness.
We started with Gonal F, menipur and cetrotide. We retrieved 10 eggs with three embryos. We transferred two with a positive pregnancy test. That lead to miscarriage. Rationale was he saw nothing besides my husband’s previous vasectomy preventing us from conceiving. Second cycle: only Gonal F. We were part of a study of Gonal F he recommended. We were told we were good candidates. We only had 7 eggs. In the end we had two embryos that were abnormal after PGS. Third cycle, he said let’s put everything into it. We did human growth hormone, Gonal F, Lupron and Lovenox. He said that the growth hormone was shown to improve egg quality. Lovenox because I showed some elevated clotting factor. They decided to trigger me earlier than I had anticipated. In the end the majority of my eggs were immature. This after we only had 7 follicles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing team is the only reason we continued to stay with this office through our failed cycles. They were kind when we miscarried. They communicated with us through our every step of the way. When I had a question it was the nursing staff that got us an answer from Dr. Glassner. They shared in our happiness, our frustration and our sadness. The nursing staff at Mainline were the ray of light in what has been an incredibly hard journey.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The strength of the clinic is by far the nursing staff and the women who run clinical trials. Be persistent with Dr Glassner speak up for yourself and don’t let him hurry you through your appointment. It is easy to rely on the nurses because they are so competent. But remember he is your doctor. I also found it helpful to take notes during our meetings.
Over three cycles with meds we have spent approximately $75,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
We were referred to a urologist that Dr. Glassner preferred to work with. He is also affiliated with Bryn Mar hospital. We were told Mainline would coordinate the speed aspiration and egg retrieval with their preferred urologist. The day we triggered for our first cycle we received a call that the urologist was not available for our retrieval. They sent us to another urologist who we had never met the day before egg retrieval. We had to come out of pocket last minute for another $3,000 +.

2014 - 2017
Dr Glassner got to know us....Dr. Glassner clearly explained all options, potential outcomes, and risks. He was always there for us for the key procedures and appointments. He was awesome at giving good news and also helped us through some bad news along the way....I did stims for an egg retrieval in Oct-Nov 2014, egg retrieval 11/11/14, pgs on 9 day 5 embryos with 6 normal...We did a FET (with acupuncture before and after...
Main Line Fertility has multiple locations which allowed me flexibility to schedule appointments at times and locations that were best for me. Everyone I interacted with by phone and in person was friendly and helpful....The nursing staff was excellent from start to finish of every appointment. They were genuine and talked me through what they were doing and why during ultrasounds, blood draws, etc.... Dr. Glassner clearly explained all options, potential outcomes, and risks.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
If you are struggling with infertility, I highly recommend Dr. Glassner.
Dr Glassner got to know us, clearly explained our options, throughout our journey with him, helped us through my miscarriage and celebrated the births of our 2 daughters with us!
I did stims for an egg retrieval in Oct-Nov 2014, egg retrieval 11/11/14, pgs on 9 day 5 embryos with 6 normal (3 boys and 3 girls). We did a FET (with acupuncture before and after) of boy and girl embryos (1 of each - 2 total) dec 2014, BFP followed by missed miscarriage (no heartbeat) in jan 2015 and dne jan 2015 (it was the girl that stuck). Did another FET (1 boy and 1 girl) with acupuncture before but not after in apr 2015 and had my first daughter jan 2016. Did a mini stim cycle jan-feb 2017 and FET (1 boy and 1 girl) with acupuncture before but not after in feb 2017 and had my 2nd daughter Oct 2017.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
I don’t recall the exact costs, but the breakdown was: fertility meds (for pre egg retrieval and pre and post FET) which were partially covered by my insurance and I partially paid out of pocket for, the egg retrieval itself (again partially covered by insurance), anesthesia for egg retrieval, PGS which was about $2000 for 9 5-day embryos if I remember correctly and not covered by insurance, the FETs themselves which I think was about $3000 each (again partially covered), the costs for appointments, blood work, ultrasounds, other diagnostic testing (acronyms I don’t remember) which were all partially covered by my insurance also and acupuncture before, during and after which was $75 per visit on average and varied from multiple times a week during certain parts of cycles to weekly during others to every other week during others and not covered by my insurance.
Dr. Glassner allowed us to transfer 2 embryos and I appreciated that option because my husband and I were open to singletons or multiples. We wanted our best chance of having at least 2 children.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
In our first meeting with him, he [Dr. Glassner] looked at our file and apologized for what we had been through. He felt there was nothing standing in the way of a successful pregnancy for us. When you were in front of him, you were the most important person in the room.... We used donor eggs.... we don't remember anything out of the ordinary. Estrace, POI, endometrial scratch....The nurses [Main Line Fertility] were great. The team for third party reproduction were not.
We used donor eggs. Our plan was to purchase a full cycle from the donor. The coordinators [Main Line Fertility] got it mixed up and wrote us down for only half the harvest. I was informed the day before I started the medication that I didn't have a current mammogram on file and couldn't proceed without it.... The nurses were great. The team for third party reproduction were not. They are incredibly disorganized and just shy of unprofessional.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
In our first meeting with him, he looked at our file and apologized for what we had been through. He felt there was nothing standing in the way of a successful pregnancy for us. When you were in front of him, you were the most important person in the room.
Be prepared for bad jokes.
We were ushered from one waiting room to the next and was shocked when we saw the same nurse. Everyone was incredibly friendly but they had a system down that moved everyone through as expediently as possible.
Unfortunately, we don't remember anything out of the ordinary. Estrace, POI, endometrial scratch.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nurses were great. The team for third party reproduction were not. They are incredibly disorganized and just shy of unprofessional. When we started to discuss egg donation, we made it clear our main concern was health and height - not that she look like me. The team couldn't understand that and sorted for us based on my characteristics.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strength - they get the job done. Weakness - the number of patients and the wait. you truly feel like a number. at times, we were confused as to where we were and what we were doing there. no one explains once you are pregnant, you move the other side of the office.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
We used donor eggs. Our plan was to purchase a full cycle from the donor. The coordinators got it mixed up and wrote us down for only half the harvest. I was informed the day before I started the medication that I didn't have a current mammogram on file and couldn't proceed without it. Not sure why this wasn't conveyed to me a week early. I spent that day trying to get an appointment. While I did forget this test, they should have let me know sooner than the day before.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Although he [Dr. Michael Glassner] may seem abrupt at times, he knows his patient's charts inside and out, sets realistic expectations for treatment, and is always available to answer phone calls and questions, no matter how small. He is very protective over his patients to the point that he doesn't want any other doctors to consult on their treatments, but because he wants to be sure that we are getting the best possible care.
They [nurses at Main Line Fertility] are warm, compassionate, funny, and self-depreciating enough to make you feel comfortable when you're laying on an exam table for a cervical exam. They are always available to answer questions, return phone calls quickly, and explain every test and benchmark thoroughly.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is a protective, assertive, and optimistic doctor who sets realistic expectations with patients about the course of treatment and what to expect. He is very thorough, uses every form of treatment available, is amenable to payment plans and understands unique life circumstances that can both aid and deter fertility. Because he splits his time between two clinics, he wasn't always there when I needed to have an appointment, but Dr. Glassner would leave explicit instructions for the nurses that they should call him before prescribing treatment no matter what the doctor on call prescribed. He is always available to answer questions, and takes every patient concern seriously.
The clinic is busy, so make your appointments early in the morning.
Dr. Glassner always puts his patients first. Although he may seem abrupt at times, he knows his patient's charts inside and out, sets realistic expectations for treatment, and is always available to answer phone calls and questions, no matter how small. He is very protective over his patients to the point that he doesn't want any other doctors to consult on their treatments, but because he wants to be sure that we are getting the best possible care.
I switched to Dr. Glassner after a successful pregnancy when I wanted to start treatment for a second child, so Dr. Glassner prescribed a round of injection hormones to bring on ovulation because it was the same protocol we were successful with previously.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff at Main Line Fertility are AMAZING. They are warm, compassionate, funny, and self-depreciating enough to make you feel comfortable when you're laying on an exam table for a cervical exam. They are always available to answer questions, return phone calls quickly, and explain every test and benchmark thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
It can be very busy and it can take a long time to see the Dr. and make it through all the waiting rooms.
All of my medications were covered by health insurance, so I only had to pay my office co-pay.