6.9

Paoli
11 Industrial Blvd
Paoli, PA 19301
610-993-8200

Dr. Glassner speaks very quickly and answers questions without much detail. My husband had a vasectomy which is why we have been going through IVF. He never explained that the sperm aspiration could prevent us from successfully reversing the vasectomy later. When we did not see the predicted follicle growth he never changed course. He only personally performed one of my three embryo transfers
The nursing team is the only reason we continued to stay with this office [Main Line Fertility] through our failed cycles. They were kind when we miscarried. They communicated with us through our every step of the way. When I had a question it was the nursing staff that got us an answer from Dr. Glassner. They shared in our happiness, our frustration and our sadness. The nursing staff at Mainline were the ray of light in what has been an incredibly hard journey.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Do your own research and ask questions. He is very charming and quickly won my husband and I over. Once we became a more difficult case instead of spending more time investing our case he told us what we wanted to hear to get more money. Try a cycle but if you are a complicated case get a second opinion early.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner spent very little time with us. He often met with us for no more than 5-10 min at a time. When we had our miscarriage he escorted out of the back of the building. It was horrible. We just learned we had lost a child and he escorted us out the back door. It was the worst day of our lives and he showed such callousness.
Describe the protocols Michael Glassner used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
We started with Gonal F, menipur and cetrotide. We retrieved 10 eggs with three embryos. We transferred two with a positive pregnancy test. That lead to miscarriage. Rationale was he saw nothing besides my husband’s previous vasectomy preventing us from conceiving. Second cycle: only Gonal F. We were part of a study of Gonal F he recommended. We were told we were good candidates. We only had 7 eggs. In the end we had two embryos that were abnormal after PGS. Third cycle, he said let’s put everything into it. We did human growth hormone, Gonal F, Lupron and Lovenox. He said that the growth hormone was shown to improve egg quality. Lovenox because I showed some elevated clotting factor. They decided to trigger me earlier than I had anticipated. In the end the majority of my eggs were immature. This after we only had 7 follicles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing team is the only reason we continued to stay with this office through our failed cycles. They were kind when we miscarried. They communicated with us through our every step of the way. When I had a question it was the nursing staff that got us an answer from Dr. Glassner. They shared in our happiness, our frustration and our sadness. The nursing staff at Mainline were the ray of light in what has been an incredibly hard journey.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The strength of the clinic is by far the nursing staff and the women who run clinical trials. Be persistent with Dr Glassner speak up for yourself and don’t let him hurry you through your appointment. It is easy to rely on the nurses because they are so competent. But remember he is your doctor. I also found it helpful to take notes during our meetings.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility .
Over three cycles with meds we have spent approximately $75,000.
What specific things went wrong at Main Line Fertility ?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
We were referred to a urologist that Dr. Glassner preferred to work with. He is also affiliated with Bryn Mar hospital. We were told Mainline would coordinate the speed aspiration and egg retrieval with their preferred urologist. The day we triggered for our first cycle we received a call that the urologist was not available for our retrieval. They sent us to another urologist who we had never met the day before egg retrieval. We had to come out of pocket last minute for another $3,000 +.
Bryn Mawr
2016, Unknown Success
I think he [Dr. Glassner] is very very good at what he does, which is why I'm still undergoing treatment with him. However, he is a very fast talker, not very good at explaining things (and his handwriting is terrible) and is not very compassionate. He once told me "Don't get any older." That is really an insensitive remark to say to someone undergoing ART mostly due to their age. If you are looking for warm and fuzzy, he is not it.
It's [Main Line Fertility] very very large. They lost blood samples once. They also messed up an appointment and made us wait once. I much prefer the Paoli office to the Bryn Mawr office, but once you are doing IVF, you have to go to Bryn Mawr...The front desk and nursing staff is caring, but the doctor [Glassner] himself is brusque, hurried and insensitive...Spend as much time as possible with his PA, Rachel. She is kind, warm, compassionate and willing to spend time to explain things carefully.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I think he is very very good at what he does, which is why I'm still undergoing treatment with him. However, he is a very fast talker, not very good at explaining things (and his handwriting is terrible) and is not very compassionate. He once told me "Don't get any older." That is really an insensitive remark to say to someone undergoing ART mostly due to their age. If you are looking for warm and fuzzy, he is not it.
The front desk and nursing staff is caring, but the doctor himself is brusque, hurried and insensitive.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
It's very very large. They lost blood samples once. They also messed up an appointment and made us wait once. I much prefer the Paoli office to the Bryn Mawr office, but once you are doing IVF, you have to go to Bryn Mawr.
What specific things went wrong at Main Line Fertility ?
2014, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Michael Glassner] Very experienced and skillful. Too bad that I went through painful polyp removal surgery instead of fixing my husbands' fertility problems on the first place. I cannot find explanation why they do not offer serious anesthetics , but instead suggest to take Tylenol pills before performing painful operations...As of today, I wish doctor would point as soon as possible to the low count problem, without scheduling me for 2 surgeries removing polyps
[Main Line Fertility has a] Convenient location, schedule, facility. But I was so depressed for several weeks that this pain was so sharp during polyp surgery, and I had a panic attack because I was holding on until surgery was finished. If now any doctor would try to convince me that I have to do the same procedure in order to get pregnant, I would refuse...they do not offer serious anesthetics , but instead suggest to take Tylenol pills before performing painful operations.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Very professional attitude, nice and easy to talk to
Once only prescribed Chlomid for me, but I was anyway producing enough. I don't think I even needed it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Over all nurses are sweet. But I wish they would be more straight to the point explaining me possible painful reaction during polyp removal. My second surgery was unbearably painful. I took Tylenol, which is useless in this situation. They clearly don't say how bad it could be. No wonder people prefer anastasia. But nobody offered me anything like that.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
copays, insurance mostly covered expences
Describe Michael Glassner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Did not get to that point
Paoli
2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
The nurses do all of the work and you barely talk to the doctor [Dr. Michael Glassner], maybe 10 minutes. During my IVF cycle, I only saw him in the OR for retrieval and for transfer. That’s it... Always felt rushed. ...Unexplained infertility, pushed us to IVF and it was unsuccessful, then says oh it’s probably PCOS. After 2.5 years you’ll diagnose me with one of the most common reproductive disorders? No...Clomid increasing in dosages up to 250mg/day through days 4-8 of cycle
Nursing staff [at Main Line Fertility] is so used to what they do every day. They’ll call and say “your labs are all good” without giving specific numbers. They know the doctors protocols so they just follow them. They didn’t tell me potential side effects of medications (estrace made me CRAZY and no one told me this before I started taking it)...Only one embryo transferred ever...Strict rules...The nurses do all of the work and you barely talk to the doctor, maybe 10 minutes.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I feel like I barely saw him. Always felt rushed. At first we really trusted him because everyone we asked said he was the one. Then our experience was not that. Unexplained infertility, pushed us to IVF and it was unsuccessful, then says oh it’s probably PCOS. After 2.5 years you’ll diagnose me with one of the most common reproductive disorders? No.
Beware of being pushed into pricy treatment
Entire process is based on what’s normal and usual for them. The nurses do all of the work and you barely talk to the doctor, maybe 10 minutes. During my IVF cycle, I only saw him in the OR for retrieval and for transfer. That’s it.
Clomid increasing in dosages up to 250mg/day through days 4-8 of cycle. Clomid and letrozole together. Follistim 150 / day before IUI. IVF protocol was 150/day and 1 menopur x 13 days for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Nursing staff is so used to what they do every day. They’ll call and say “your labs are all good” without giving specific numbers. They know the doctors protocols so they just follow them. They didn’t tell me potential side effects of medications (estrace made me CRAZY and no one told me this before I started taking it)
Only one embryo transferred ever with him. Strict rules