6.9

610-527-0800
11 Industrial Blvd
Paoli, PA 19301
610-993-8200

He [Dr. Glassner] just seems to be super busy and I felt like I was always rushed when speaking with him. ... He also tested my husbands sperm later than he should have & found his morphology to be zero. ... I had a low AMH with history or one miscarriage that was a trisomy he he moved to recommend IVF very quickly if I wanted to avoid another potential miscarriage.
They [Main Line Fertility] are extremely busy and the wait times for your appts are insane.. always an hour plus wait. I also can usually overhear other patients discussions with staff so they should go behind a closed door to talk about medical history. The nurses are very nice though ... I’ve just had a nurse, embryologist and dr tell me all different things about the same topic which were conflicting bits of info
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He just seems to be super busy and I felt like I was always rushed when speaking with him. I did not see him right before my retrieval or even afterwards which was disheartening that he didn’t check on me. He does seem to know what he’s talking about & I trust his expertise but he talks fast and very candidly without a lot of time for questions
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
To demand how ever much time you need with him or ask him to slow down or repeat things if he’s talking too fast or you don’t understand something
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He seems to be very busy and doesn’t take as much time as I’d like to review my questions. He does seem to be reachable though when I request to speak with him
Describe the protocols Michael Glassner used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
I had a low AMH with history or one miscarriage that was a trisomy he he moved to recommend IVF very quickly if I wanted to avoid another potential miscarriage. I’m not sure about what protocol he used specifically for my IVF plan but intend on finding out. He also tested my husbands sperm later than he should have & found his morphology to be zero. He asked him to do a repeat test which was a bit better but recommended ICSI for all eggs instead of half of the eggs or as a backup.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Very compassionate but over worked.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
They are extremely busy and the wait times for your appts are insane.. always an hour plus wait. I also can usually overhear other patients discussions with staff so they should go behind a closed door to talk about medical history. The nurses are very nice though
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility .
About $25 all in for one cycle- IVF, anesthia, retrieval, ICSI, PGT, biopsies, shipping fees, lab and monitoring fees, transfer, freezing, storage for a year
Describe Michael Glassner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
I believe my dr does single and avoids twins, multiples at all costs. For my age, he would only consider single
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
There were times that I felt rushed and not able to express my concerns. Other times, he [Dr. Glassner] would be very receptive and understanding of my situation.... He could be very understanding and compassionate at times. He understood our financial situation and was willing to work with us when our insurance ran out. He was upfront with us in the beginning saying that due to my age the odds were against us with using my own eggs but he was willing to try.
If going for IVF the monitoring and procedure team nurses [Main Line] are amazing. They are what made me keep trying and were always encouraging. The front desk staff was mostly nice. The financial coordinator was available for any questions. You will rely mainly on the monitoring team nurses if going through IVF.... The frozen embryo transfers were around $5,000 not including medications. The IVF monitoring and retrieval’s were $9,000 not including medications.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He could be very understanding and compassionate at times. He understood our financial situation and was willing to work with us when our insurance ran out. He was upfront with us in the beginning saying that due to my age the odds were against us with using my own eggs but he was willing to try. He continued to support us with each attempt we made. He always reminded us that we had to take not only our financial situation but our mental situation into account with each attempt always asking how we were holding up and if we could go through with another retrieval. Each time he was honest about our chances.
Ask questions if you don’t understand. I have a science background and was familiar with a lot of what he spoke to us about but he can just talk and overwhelm you if you don’t have the background.
There were times that I felt rushed and not able to express my concerns. Other times, he would be very receptive and understanding of my situation.
For each round of IVF, I was on menopur (2) per day, Follistim (starting out at different volumes each time with decreasing amounts. Started mostly at 300 then decreased to 150 by the end). Several cycles did Ganirelix. Several cycles did Lupron (20) and growth hormone. Most trigger shots were 10,000 of HCG. One trigger shot was 5,000 HCG and Lupron.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
There were 3 nurses on the monitoring team that were amazing. One in particular went out of her way to talk to Dr. Glassner for me on my treatment plan and ask about financial assistance. The procedure team nurses were also great. The doctor’s side where I had to go for OHSS were not as pleasant.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
If going for IVF the monitoring and procedure team nurses are amazing. They are what made me keep trying and were always encouraging. The front desk staff was mostly nice. The financial coordinator was available for any questions. You will rely mainly on the monitoring team nurses if going through IVF.
The frozen embryo transfers were around $5,000 not including medications. The IVF monitoring and retrieval’s were $9,000 not including medications. The PGS testing was $3,000 for any number of embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
During one of my retrieval’s, there was confusion on which protocol was to be used. The doctor had told me one protocol but the nurse had another protocol.
2010 - 2011, Unsuccessful
I felt rushed along though I felt like he [ Dr. Glassner] cared about me in treatment...Sometimes I felt like he was too flippant and cocksure that he'd be able to get me pregnant and didn't have enough regard for the emotional effects. On the other hand, I think he did give me unique care and didn't treat me like a number, he did try to tailor things for my case.
In general, though some of the drugs were causing ill health effects (high blood pressure to go to the hospital, unusual bleeding) was not addressed. Focus [at Main Line Fertility] was on conception... [The nurses were] kind even when I was actively losing a pregnancy.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
My case was a HARD case of unexplained. If you have uncomplicated infertility issues (blocked tubes, low sperm count) I think he would be great. If you have a more complicated case involving uterine or pregnancy losses for unknown reasons, I am not sure it will be the best fit. Sometimes I felt like he was too flippant and cocksure that he'd be able to get me pregnant and didn't have enough regard for the emotional effects. On the other hand, I think he did give me unique care and didn't treat me like a number, he did try to tailor things for my case. He though, along with 3/4 other docs I saw missed underlying Endometriosis and Adenomyosis which surely interfering with implantation.
He's flexible , willing to try new things
I felt rushed along though I felt like he cared about me in treatment and seemed like he really wanted me to get pregnant. However when we were struggling with whether to continue, he didn't listen to the emotional impacts it was having and the effect it was having. I also feel he was willing to overlook some significant medical problems I was having because I was in treatment. I was so desperate for a baby I looked away.
We tried a low dose antagonist cycle (ectopic pregnancy after IVF) and an agonist cycle (biochemical pregnancy) , which no other clinic was willing to try with me. It did produce my highest quality embryos. In the end, uterine reasons for my losses were not explored. I was presenting with many Endometriosis symptoms, yet no lap was done, even after the ectopic.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Kind even when i was actively losing a pregnancy
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
In general, though some of the drugs were causing ill health effects (high blood pressure to go to the hospital, unusual bleeding) was not addressed. Focus was on conception.
2013 - 2014, Successful
His [Dr. Michael Glassner] philosophy was to put all of them in due to the low grading. We put 9 in over 3 cycles. 1 stick and then divided for identical twins.... I would absolutely recommend if the person knows there will be quick visits, not a lot of fluff. Just follow his directions. He knows what he’s doing. If you want more of a bedside manner and explanations he won’t be a good match
They [the nurses at Main Line Fertility- Bryn Mawr] are the best. They ran that place. You saw them all the time. Do compassionate.... Very quick visits. Like a cattle call sometimes. However there were also times when I would call very upset and he [Dr. Michael Glassner] would phone me back. He is empathetic. Just very busy. He gets results.... His [Dr. Michael Glassner] philosophy was to put all of them in due to the low grading. We put 9 in over 3 cycles. 1 stick and then divided for identical twins
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I would absolutely recommend if the person knows there will be quick visits, not a lot of fluff. Just follow his directions. He knows what he’s doing. If you want more of a bedside manner and explanations he won’t be a good match.
Just do as he says.
Very quick visits. Like a cattle call sometimes. However there were also times when I would call very upset and he would phone me back. He is empathetic. Just very busy. He gets results.
Don’t remember specifics but we did adjust meds during last IVF session. Also re-evaluated clomid/iui after finished results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
They are the best. They ran that place. You saw them all the time. Do compassionate.
His philosophy was to put all of them in due to the low grading. We put 9 in over 3 cycles. 1 stick and then divided for identical twins.
Michael Glassner
Dr Glassner is very candid. He treats his patients as he would treat his family members. While he can be hard to get a hold of, he knows what he is doing. He is very logical which might rub some people the wrong way but I appreciate.... [Main Line Fertility- Bryn Mawr] Long wait times can be frustrating Busy office can make you feel like a number Sometimes office staff can be less helpful or forget you haven't done this before and you're anxious... Nursing staff is willing to answer my questions when I ask
[Main Line Fertility- Bryn Mawr] Long wait times can be frustrating Busy office can make you feel like a number Sometimes office staff can be less helpful or forget you haven't done this before and you're anxious... Nursing staff is willing to answer my questions when I ask.... Dr Glassner is very candid. He treats his patients as he would treat his family members. While he can be hard to get a hold of, he knows what he is doing. He is very logical which might rub some people the wrong way but I appreciate.
Don't get offended
Long wait times.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Nursing staff is willing to answer my questions when I ask.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Good reputation Good location Long wait times can be frustrating Busy office can make you feel like a number Sometimes office staff can be less helpful or forget you haven't done this before and you're anxious.
Most was covered by insurance
Bryn Mawr