6.9

11 Industrial Blvd
Paoli, PA 19301
610-993-8200

2012 - 2013, Successful
He [Dr. Michael Glassner] can seem brusque sometimes, but he cares about his patients and doesn't waste your time.... He was very smart and got me out of there in less than a year. He did not waste my time and I appreciated that. he seemed very smart and knowledgable about the latest technologies and what was available to me... He took the time to explain to me what his thinking was. When I had a failed transfer and a chemical pregnancy that was not progressing, he called me to talk to me about it and reassure me that it wasn't my fault.
everyone there [Main Line Fertility-Bryn Mawr] was compassionate and helpful. the only thing I didn't like was the sappy-sweet inspiration signs on the walls, like "not yet in my arms, already in my heart" - those kinds of signs don't help me feel any better about having to undergo fertility treatments... approx $8,000 for IVF in 2012, not including medications.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He can seem brusque sometimes, but he cares about his patients and doesn't waste your time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Describe the protocols Michael Glassner used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
2 cycles IVF. also tried clomid for 2 cycles
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Daria)
they were all supportive and wonderful.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
everyone there was compassionate and helpful. the only thing I didn't like was the sappy-sweet inspiration signs on the walls, like "not yet in my arms, already in my heart" - those kinds of signs don't help me feel any better about having to undergo fertility treatments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility .
approx $8,000 for IVF in 2012, not including medications.
Describe Michael Glassner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Bryn Mawr
Dr Glassner is very candid. He treats his patients as he would treat his family members. While he can be hard to get a hold of, he knows what he is doing. He is very logical which might rub some people the wrong way but I appreciate.... [Main Line Fertility- Bryn Mawr] Long wait times can be frustrating Busy office can make you feel like a number Sometimes office staff can be less helpful or forget you haven't done this before and you're anxious... Nursing staff is willing to answer my questions when I ask
[Main Line Fertility- Bryn Mawr] Long wait times can be frustrating Busy office can make you feel like a number Sometimes office staff can be less helpful or forget you haven't done this before and you're anxious... Nursing staff is willing to answer my questions when I ask.... Dr Glassner is very candid. He treats his patients as he would treat his family members. While he can be hard to get a hold of, he knows what he is doing. He is very logical which might rub some people the wrong way but I appreciate.
Don't get offended
Long wait times.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Nursing staff is willing to answer my questions when I ask.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Good reputation Good location Long wait times can be frustrating Busy office can make you feel like a number Sometimes office staff can be less helpful or forget you haven't done this before and you're anxious.
Most was covered by insurance
2012 - 2014, Successful
Dr. Glassner and the nurses took my concerns seriously and explained all the treatment plans in depth. Dr. Glassner let me have a voice in all decisions related to my care. That, in my opinion, is what makes the practice so good...Clinic has excellent communication and keeps you apprised of what is happening, takes emergency calls etc...
...the nurses [at Main Line Fertility - Paoli] are extremely empathetic. When I had a couple of cycles that resulted in negative tests, they - specially Margie - understood my pain and talked me through it. The time I was going to the clinic was very emotionally challenging for me, but it produced my twin boys via ivf and I really can't say enough positive things about the nurses and dr Glassner...Clinic has excellent communication and keeps you apprised of what is happening, takes emergency calls etc
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Be honest about your expectations
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
...the nurses are extremely empathetic. When I had a couple of cycles that resulted in negative tests, they - specially Margie - understood my pain and talked me through it. The time I was going to the clinic was very emotionally challenging for me, but it produced my twin boys via ivf and I really can't say enough positive things about the nurses and dr Glassner.
Paoli
Dr Glassner is an aggressive and funny RE. He's a realist, too, but he will treat you as aggressively as you want. He tells you all the options, and lets you choose. I appreciated his compassion and levity in what was (and is) an emotionally wrenching process.... Listen carefully - he talks fast!... They are really busy, -and you see different nurses, which can be annoying. I thought Glassner made up for that though.
They [Main Line Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] are really busy, -and you see different nurses, which can be annoying. I thought Glassner made up for that though.... I paid 10K for first round, 9,500 for second.... Dr Glassner is an aggressive and funny RE. He's a realist, too, but he will treat you as aggressively as you want. He tells you all the options, and lets you choose. I appreciated his compassion and levity in what was (and is) an emotionally wrenching process
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Listen carefully - he talks fast!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
It was all alacarte. I paid 10K for first round, 9,500 for second.
2015, Successful
My experience with Dr Glassner couldn't be better, I felt guided and helped all the way through the fertility treatment....Dr Glassner and all the team are very considerate and kind, they make patients feel comfortable during every procedure they go through. They explain results and status in detail, as well as the planned strategy.
Dr Glassner and all the team are very considerate and kind, they make patients feel comfortable during every procedure they go through. They explain results and status in detail, as well as the planned strategy....The clinic is very clean, organized, comfortable, easy to access.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic is very clean, organized, comfortable, easy to access.

2019, Consult
He [Dr. Michael Glassner] can be speedy when answering questions but don’t hesitate to ask him to slow down and repeat. Also be ready to have an idea of what route you would like to take (IUI, IVF, medications). On initial consult he presented me with a variety of options, percentages of success with each option and then asked me what road I would like to take...Because my initial consult was around the same time I was starting a new cycle, I had the option to start treatment immediately. i was prescribed 100mg clomid and 1500 mg metformin. Unfortunately the resulted in potentially 8 mature follicles and the cycle was cancelled.
Everyone [at Main Line Fertility] was friendly and hopeful for my success. Everyone speaks to you like a friend and not just like a patient...The nursing staff was very friendly. They always have a smile on their face...Strengths: Your doctor will see you directly at almost every appointment. Another strength is that the staff are very involved in helping you navigate and understand your insurance coverage. Weakness: Because your doctor will see you directly wait times can be somewhat long, i.e. One hour for baseline ultrasound, bloodwork and talking with doctor.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is very straightforward when he speaks. He is not the type to beat around the bush, he is gets straight to the point (which I prefer). My experience so far has been great. I am not the type to be sad about my situation, but rather eager to find a solution. Dr. Glassner had the same feeling and is eager to find a recipe that will result in a healthy baby.
Be ready with questions and write them down. He can be speedy when answering questions but don’t hesitate to ask him to slow down and repeat. Also be ready to have an idea of what route you would like to take (IUI, IVF, medications). On initial consult he presented me with a variety of options, percentages of success with each option and then asked me what road I would like to take.
Everyone was friendly and hopeful for my success. Everyone speaks to you like a friend and not just like a patient.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff was very friendly. They always have a smile on their face.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
So far no cost since I have only done an initial consult and had a cancelled IUI cycle.
Philadelphia
2014, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Michael Glassner] Very experienced and skillful. Too bad that I went through painful polyp removal surgery instead of fixing my husbands' fertility problems on the first place. I cannot find explanation why they do not offer serious anesthetics , but instead suggest to take Tylenol pills before performing painful operations...As of today, I wish doctor would point as soon as possible to the low count problem, without scheduling me for 2 surgeries removing polyps
[Main Line Fertility has a] Convenient location, schedule, facility. But I was so depressed for several weeks that this pain was so sharp during polyp surgery, and I had a panic attack because I was holding on until surgery was finished. If now any doctor would try to convince me that I have to do the same procedure in order to get pregnant, I would refuse...they do not offer serious anesthetics , but instead suggest to take Tylenol pills before performing painful operations.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Very professional attitude, nice and easy to talk to
Once only prescribed Chlomid for me, but I was anyway producing enough. I don't think I even needed it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Over all nurses are sweet. But I wish they would be more straight to the point explaining me possible painful reaction during polyp removal. My second surgery was unbearably painful. I took Tylenol, which is useless in this situation. They clearly don't say how bad it could be. No wonder people prefer anastasia. But nobody offered me anything like that.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
copays, insurance mostly covered expences
Did not get to that point
2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
The nurses do all of the work and you barely talk to the doctor [Dr. Michael Glassner], maybe 10 minutes. During my IVF cycle, I only saw him in the OR for retrieval and for transfer. That’s it... Always felt rushed. ...Unexplained infertility, pushed us to IVF and it was unsuccessful, then says oh it’s probably PCOS. After 2.5 years you’ll diagnose me with one of the most common reproductive disorders? No...Clomid increasing in dosages up to 250mg/day through days 4-8 of cycle
Nursing staff [at Main Line Fertility] is so used to what they do every day. They’ll call and say “your labs are all good” without giving specific numbers. They know the doctors protocols so they just follow them. They didn’t tell me potential side effects of medications (estrace made me CRAZY and no one told me this before I started taking it)...Only one embryo transferred ever...Strict rules...The nurses do all of the work and you barely talk to the doctor, maybe 10 minutes.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I feel like I barely saw him. Always felt rushed. At first we really trusted him because everyone we asked said he was the one. Then our experience was not that. Unexplained infertility, pushed us to IVF and it was unsuccessful, then says oh it’s probably PCOS. After 2.5 years you’ll diagnose me with one of the most common reproductive disorders? No.
Beware of being pushed into pricy treatment
Entire process is based on what’s normal and usual for them. The nurses do all of the work and you barely talk to the doctor, maybe 10 minutes. During my IVF cycle, I only saw him in the OR for retrieval and for transfer. That’s it.
Clomid increasing in dosages up to 250mg/day through days 4-8 of cycle. Clomid and letrozole together. Follistim 150 / day before IUI. IVF protocol was 150/day and 1 menopur x 13 days for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Nursing staff is so used to what they do every day. They’ll call and say “your labs are all good” without giving specific numbers. They know the doctors protocols so they just follow them. They didn’t tell me potential side effects of medications (estrace made me CRAZY and no one told me this before I started taking it)
Only one embryo transferred ever with him. Strict rules
Michael Glassner

Dr. Glassner has incredible bedside manner. He is compassionate when he needs to be, and funny when he needs to be...never gave up on us, even in our hardest times. He was encouraging and compassionate. I truly credit him for getting us to our goals. He got personal, showing true emotion and empathy. He is incredibly knowledgeable and put us on an aggressive plan that worked...I was on a more aggressive treatment plan which included lipids, lovenox, and neupogen along with the other IVF drugs to help protect me and my baby from an auto-immune disease I have.
The clinic [Main Line Fertility] is clean, compassionate, knowledgeable, and conveniently located. The entire staff is sensitive and sympathetic to the sensitive situations you are going trough. Sometimes I would wait quite a while to be seen, this is the area they could improve...I was on a more aggressive treatment plan which included lipids, lovenox, and neupogen along with the other IVF drugs to help protect me and my baby from an auto-immune disease I have.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner never gave up on us, even in our hardest times. He was encouraging and compassionate. I truly credit him for getting us to our goals. He got personal, showing true emotion and empathy. He is incredibly knowledgeable and put us on an aggressive plan that worked.
He truly knows what he is doing. He is aggressive, but his forward thinking is what got us results. Ask questions so you are comfortable and understand completely your individual protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Sweet angels who were always compassionate and helpful
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic is clean, compassionate, knowledgeable, and conveniently located. The entire staff is sensitive and sympathetic to the sensitive situations you are going trough. Sometimes I would wait quite a while to be seen, this is the area they could improve.
I had some fertility coverage, but we ran out by the second retrieval.
I agree with Dr. Glassner's approach to do single embryo transfers. I felt he was thoughtful and considerate.