6.7

11 Industrial Blvd
Paoli, PA 19301
610-993-8200

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Glassner is so kind and spends time with you answering every question that you may have...will explain everything to you including all risks. He is thorough...Our first retrieval didn't go as well as we hoped and he was the first to call me to discuss in detail and create a plan for a second retrieval that included slowing my body down so I could produce better quality/mature eggs. He is excellent!...We had triple the amount of mature eggs/ and triple the amount of normal embryos - ecstatic !
they [staff at Main Line Fertility] are helpful and on top of EVERYTHING! You can relax and know they will take care of you from consult, medications, insurance (which is a HUGE pain), financials.... the list goes on... I really cannot even imagine how difficult it could have been if hadn't left our prior clinic, Penn. Main Line Fertility is AMAZING!...Each and every nurse is extremely kind and helpful. If you have questions they will literally stop what that are doing and bring you into a consult room to re-review until you are completely comfortable. Amazing team!
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner will explain everything to you including all risks. He is thorough and will answer any and all questions that you may have. Our first retrieval didn't go as well as we hoped and he was the first to call me to discuss in detail and create a plan for a second retrieval that included slowing my body down so I could produce better quality/mature eggs. He is excellent!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
You can put your trust in Dr. Glassner, take a breath and know he will do the absolute best for you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Describe the protocols Michael Glassner used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
First IVF retrieval med combo of Gonal-F/ Menapur. We didn't get as many mature eggs as we thought/hoped. Dr. Glassner decided we needed to slow the process down for my body. So for my second IVF retrieval he did a med combo Birth control (3 weeks), then Gonal-F/ Menapur/lupron. This process was longer, but so worth it. We had triple the amount of mature eggs/ and triple the amount of normal embryos - ecstatic !
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
You will be very impressed with this clinic, they are helpful and on top of EVERYTHING! You can relax and know they will take care of you from consult, medications, insurance (which is a HUGE pain), financials.... the list goes on... I really cannot even imagine how difficult it could have been if hadn't left our prior clinic, Penn. Main Line Fertility is AMAZING!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Main Line Fertility .
Efficient well oiled machine. You are called back for blood work (super quick and easy), then you wait in a small waiting room (usually very brief), brought into private room for ultra sound, nurse discussion. If Dr. wants to see you you would then see them, or could request to see them. They call you around 3 pm that day with any results from blood-work or adjustments to be made to medications or protocol.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility .
PGT- genetic testing of embryos- $3200 $9000 IVF cycle without insurance? (includes all) Medications - 2-4000$ insurance can cover Embryo transfer $3500 (includes all)
Describe Michael Glassner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Strong preference to transfer one embryo at a time. Now, we had done genetic testing on the embryos and everything seems normal on my end, I am not sure if his preference would change with different patients - I'd imagine so

Treated 2020
Dr. Glassner spent time to get to know my situation and fertility history. He offered all possibly courses of action and treatment. He explained all possible courses and what those outcomes could be. He gave me and my partner time to decide the course we wanted to take and worked with us to complete that. ... My cycles began using follistim injectable medication because in the past I had used both clomid and letrazole without successful pregnancy. He monitored my cycle closely and when he determined it was time to trigger he performed a post coital test. The test did not show live sperm so IUI was suggested as the best course of treatment so this was done after triggering.
This clinic [Main Line Fertility] is clean and well organized. The waiting room is comfortable and various beverages are provided. The patient rooms are clean and accommodating. The only downfall is limited parking on your own; however, valet is available right at the front entrance and prices are fair. ... All of the nursing staff I encountered was pleasant, caring and compassionate. They were always available for questions and made the process very seamless. Alissa was extremely helpful and available to me.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Be open with Dr. Glassner and ask any questions you may have about your treatment. He is very helpful.
Dr. Glassner and his staff where compassionate and helpful. The first thing they did was offer empathy for my situation and ask how I was dealing with everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Alissa Barrie)
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This clinic is clean and well organized. The waiting room is comfortable and various beverages are provided. The patient rooms are clean and accommodating. The only downfall is limited parking on your own; however, valet is available right at the front entrance and prices are fair.
The costs for my treatment where reasonable after insurance. I have worked with a few fertility doctors and they seem very standard.
I did not have this type of procedure.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Glassner first had me do a full recurrent miscarriage panel that my previous doctor did not test for....Dr. Glassner is super understanding and compassionate while also very smart. He has seen tons of cases and knows which is the best path for you. He does not push anything on you. I came to him after four natural miscarriages, he laid out our best path and though I wasn't quite ready to start where he suggested, he was totally understanding of that and we set a different path. Also, when we first met him, he really felt for my husband during all of this, which no one really had before.
The offices at MLF have a tendency to be busy with alot of patients. But once you get into the room with Dr. Glassner, he makes you feel like you are the only patient and he does not rush you....This clinic is clean and new. Everything is run smoothly from sign in to when you are called back. There are times that you may wait and it may be very crowded, but that is because they take their time with each patient.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Trust him and if you have any uncertainties ask questions. He is honest and upfront.
The offices at MLF have a tendency to be busy with alot of patients. But once you get into the room with Dr. Glassner, he makes you feel like you are the only patient and he does not rush you. He takes the time to answer all questions, give you his honest opinion and when needed a hug or encouraging words. After my fifth miscarriage, first under his care, he was kind enough to let me slip out the back door so I did not need to see anyone else. He is a super caring doctor.
Dr. Glassner first had me do a full recurrent miscarriage panel that my previous doctor did not test for. My first cycle he just monitored it. The second one we again just monitored it, but they did put me on progesterone post ovulation and baby aspirin (as a clot disorder came back in the panel). This cycle we achieved pregnancy on our own. However, this also ended in a miscarriage. We again did a natural cycle followed by one with Letrozole and monitoring. And now here we are in the middle of COVID. We were planning to move towards IVF once this is over.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nurses are great and kept everything running smoothly. Everyone is so nice and compassionate. When I got pregnant they were excited but also understood my pause for concern. When I miscarried they were right there with me. If I ever had questions and called one of them would call me back that day.
Bryn Mawr
He [Dr. Glassner] is very straightforward and can seem a little blunt, but it helps reinforce his confidence and experience in what he does. We are currently going through an incredibly difficult ectopic pregnancy that we are treating with medications, and Dr. Glassner was available on call for questions. He knows us by name, he is so optimistic it's infectious. I don't think we would continue our pursuit of becoming parents without him.
We have our first IVF orientation next week and will look into pre-implantation genetic testing [at Main Line Fertility] to help us get the best results possible...The nursing staff over the past few months have been so supportive. They are excited each month to hear if we have good news to share, and when the positive test comes, they are elated...We anticipate paying around $20,000 for IVF and PGD...There are always appointments available at convenient times. It's already very difficult going through testing, monitoring appointments and now recheck appointments, let alone balancing them with work schedules. This clinic is so accommodating and really understands the stress that couples go through during this process, and they make every effort to make it as easy as possible.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner is confident, is able to build rapport very quickly and explains the tests, treatments and plan very accurately without overwhelming us. I am fortunate to be in the medical field, but my husband is not, but Dr. Glassner was patient with him and was able to communicate equally well with both of us. He is very straightforward and can seem a little blunt, but it helps reinforce his confidence and experience in what he does. We are currently going through an incredibly difficult ectopic pregnancy that we are treating with medications, and Dr. Glassner was available on call for questions. He knows us by name, he is so optimistic it's infectious. I don't think we would continue our pursuit of becoming parents without him.
Dr. Glassner is an incredibly confident, capable doctor who really listens to what the patients' needs and goals. He is energetic and upbeat, and though may seem blunt at times, I think he really cares about each patient. I feel incredibly fortunate to be one of his patients.
After 2 miscarriages, we went to see Dr. Glassner for help. We were able to conceive after 6 cycles, but we found out that the pregnancy was not normal, though we weren't sure why initially. Dr. Glassner and his team helped us through the few first days after finding out our pregnancy was not going to continue. He was able to determine the cause and spent hours working with us to determine a treatment and the next steps. After going through 2 miscarriages alone, with only minimal input from our regular OB/Gyn, Dr Glassner's help and assistance lessened the heartache, sadness and confusion and has us optimistic for the next steps. We told ourselves we would not continue pursuing having a child, but his support is helping us to keep trying to achieve our dream of becoming parents.
Because of our previous miscarriages, we knew we could get pregnant, but we were concerned of the quality of the eggs. We were also worried that we were getting older, so the odds of miscarriage was only going to increase. Initially we said that IVF was off the table and that if we had another miscarriage, we were going to stop trying. Dr. Glassner agreed that we could just try medications like Clomid and Femara to help us get pregnant again faster and hope that the pregnancy would be successful. We used just clomid for 4 cycles with no luck. We then moved to clomid and femara with IUI and were able to get pregnant on our 2nd cycle. We saw a gestational sac initially, but a week later there was nothing in the uterus but a probable ectopic pregnancy was found on my ovary. We discussed options, including surgery to diagnose exactly what was going on, but Dr. Glassner was able to help with non-invasive treatment. Even though we are devastated to lose another pregnancy, Dr. Glassner's support and confidence helped us make the decision to move forward. We have our first IVF orientation next week and will look into pre-implantation genetic testing to help us get the best results possible.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff over the past few months have been so supportive. They are excited each month to hear if we have good news to share, and when the positive test comes, they are elated. During our current miscarriage, the nurses have helped us through each step of the way and have been incredibly compassionate and have helped us understand what is happening. They are making this terrible situation bearable.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This is a beautiful clinic, the facility is brand new and very professional. The receptionists are fantastic, I always feel welcomed and it seems like they always know who the clients are. There are always appointments available at convenient times. It's already very difficult going through testing, monitoring appointments and now recheck appointments, let alone balancing them with work schedules. This clinic is so accommodating and really understands the stress that couples go through during this process, and they make every effort to make it as easy as possible.
So far we have had minimal costs other than co-pays. We anticipate paying around $20,000 for IVF and PGD.
Bryn Mawr

He [Dr. Glassner] just seems to be super busy and I felt like I was always rushed when speaking with him. ... He also tested my husbands sperm later than he should have & found his morphology to be zero. ... I had a low AMH with history or one miscarriage that was a trisomy he he moved to recommend IVF very quickly if I wanted to avoid another potential miscarriage.
They [Main Line Fertility] are extremely busy and the wait times for your appts are insane.. always an hour plus wait. I also can usually overhear other patients discussions with staff so they should go behind a closed door to talk about medical history. The nurses are very nice though ... I’ve just had a nurse, embryologist and dr tell me all different things about the same topic which were conflicting bits of info
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He just seems to be super busy and I felt like I was always rushed when speaking with him. I did not see him right before my retrieval or even afterwards which was disheartening that he didn’t check on me. He does seem to know what he’s talking about & I trust his expertise but he talks fast and very candidly without a lot of time for questions
To demand how ever much time you need with him or ask him to slow down or repeat things if he’s talking too fast or you don’t understand something
He seems to be very busy and doesn’t take as much time as I’d like to review my questions. He does seem to be reachable though when I request to speak with him
I had a low AMH with history or one miscarriage that was a trisomy he he moved to recommend IVF very quickly if I wanted to avoid another potential miscarriage. I’m not sure about what protocol he used specifically for my IVF plan but intend on finding out. He also tested my husbands sperm later than he should have & found his morphology to be zero. He asked him to do a repeat test which was a bit better but recommended ICSI for all eggs instead of half of the eggs or as a backup.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Very compassionate but over worked.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
They are extremely busy and the wait times for your appts are insane.. always an hour plus wait. I also can usually overhear other patients discussions with staff so they should go behind a closed door to talk about medical history. The nurses are very nice though
About $25 all in for one cycle- IVF, anesthia, retrieval, ICSI, PGT, biopsies, shipping fees, lab and monitoring fees, transfer, freezing, storage for a year
I believe my dr does single and avoids twins, multiples at all costs. For my age, he would only consider single

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Glassner is wonderful! He spent a lot of time with us twice in consultation. We never felt rushed. He was gentle, kind, funny, and understood my spiritual bent and offered his own stories with his kids.... He is kind, patient, compassionate and honest. He shares his personal stories and is warm and funny. He has taken a lot of time with us answering questions. We never felt rushed and love that. He is wonderful!... He said it is our choice though he strongly advises single.
The office [Main Line Fertility] is friendly, modern, bright and well coordinated so that you move through each visit in an organized way. Everyone there is SO nice. They are always willing to talk and hear you. Our first visit had a long wait, but once we saw that 4 different people were willing to spend AS MUCH time with them as we needed and wanted, we didn’t care about the wait because we’d rather have this personalized care.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Be honest with all of your hopes and fears - he will care for you well.
Dr. Glassner is wonderful! He spent a lot of time with us twice in consultation. We never felt rushed. He was gentle, kind, funny, and understood my spiritual bent and offered his own stories with his kids. His staff are also WONDERFUL! They have all spent a lot of time with us in person and on the phone, letting me cry, talking through options, and answering our million questions! Plus, they have a large egg bank and embryos, which is unique. We had been to another doctor that had the opposite bedside manner and are so happy we found Dr. Glassner! We love this office!
We are in process
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
They are all wonderful! They are friendly and warm and spend as much time as you need to cry, talk, and ask questions.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The office is friendly, modern, bright and well coordinated so that you move through each visit in an organized way. Everyone there is SO nice. They are always willing to talk and hear you. Our first visit had a long wait, but once we saw that 4 different people were willing to spend AS MUCH time with them as we needed and wanted, we didn’t care about the wait because we’d rather have this personalized care.
$2100 per egg + $3500 transfer + approx $1000 meds
He said it is our choice though he strongly advises single.
Treated 2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Michael Glassner] only will transfer one embryo at a time, due to his protocol...He ran every test under the sun and then some. After talking he advised that there really shouldn't be any issue of me getting pregnant. Donor sperm was perfect. He advised just because my periods were slightly irregular that I should start Metformin. It helps with balancing levels that women with PCOS usually have. It helped me lose 30 pounds. I started taking Metformin for about 6 months and was ready to finally start my IUI's.
13 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst stage and I am awaiting PGS testing [at Main Line Fertility]...[The nurses are the] Best people you will ever meet. Caring, friendly, funny...Monitoring was run as best as possible. Waiting was to be expected and truthfully I never mind to wait for this doctor...For IVF, I cannot thank the financial coordinator and my guess is Dr. Glassner himself in helping me afford IVF. I was open and honest with him during my IVF consult about my finances. He let me know he'd help me out anyway he could.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Please see my previous comments. The only reason Dr. Glassner didn't do all my procedures of IUI's except for one, is because I always fell on a weekend for the procedures. He did do my egg retrieval and I will, will myself for him to do my transfer when the time comes. His bedside manner is beyond impressive and always makes me laugh. I've never felt stressed or anything at any of my visits. I wish I saw him more during the IVF stage, but you can ALWAYS request to see him when you schedule your appointments.
You are either going to love him, LOVE HIM or hate him. Remember he is not the reason you can't get pregnant, please do not blame him. He's only there to help make YOUR dreams a reality! If these dreams don't come true immediately, remember your dreams will come true eventually, even if it takes years. HE IS YOUR ALLY, NOT YOUR ENEMY!
Dr. Glassner is the most caring, thoughtful man, and doctor I've ever come across. I started going to him towards the end of 2017 to have a Fertility work up as a single woman. From the beginning I knew he was the right doctor for me. He ran every test under the sun and then some. After talking he advised that there really shouldn't be any issue of me getting pregnant. Donor sperm was perfect. He advised just because my periods were slightly irregular that I should start Metformin. It helps with balancing levels that women with PCOS usually have. It helped me lose 30 pounds. I started taking Metformin for about 6 months and was ready to finally start my IUI's. Dr. Glassner prescribed me Letrozole, for my first cycle. He knew I was excited and he set expectations for me saying IUI's usually don't work on the first try. He was right it failed. Went in for 4 more IUI's each time changing meds. One cycle was just Clomid. Another cycle was a combination of both maxed doses of Letrozole and Clomid. I conceived but miscarried at 17DPO. In 2019 we continued but this time skipped the oral meds and went to injectable meds. Failed in January, conceived in February but miscarried again. After this miscarriage and talking to him he knew I only had one vial of sperm left and we decided to head to IVF. I had my egg retrieval on Monday July 22nd 2019. 13 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst stage and I am awaiting PGS testing. I cannot speak enough of Dr. Glassner. I know he has my best interest in mind and wants to keep me healthy during this entire time. I will forever be grateful to this man. Even though I am still awaiting my baby, I am hoping to have transfer this month August 2019, I know Michael will be able to make my dreams of becoming a mom a reality soon. Dr. Glassner if you are reading thank you from the bottom of my heart! I will forever be grateful for you!
Metformin, Letrozole, Clomid, Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, HCG Trigger Shot. Different levels of each. One cycle he did a maxed out dosage of a combination of Letrozole and Clomid.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Best people you will ever meet. Caring, friendly, funny. They are there to help you also!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Fast, efficient, everyone treats you as family. I never feel as though I'm a number! After the first couple visits they (the front desk) knew my name! They do anything and everything to help make your experience the best possible! Nurses learned about how to get my blood within a few visits (I'm a tough stick). Ultrasound technicians are amazing. I have a tough right ovary that is hard to find, but they always are as gentle as possible and apologize for any discomfort I may be experiencing! LOVE EVERY ONE OF THESE PEOPLE IN THIS OFFICE!
Monitoring was run as best as possible. Waiting was to be expected and truthfully I never mind to wait for this doctor. I actually find my appointments relaxing and nonstressful.
IUI's weren't covered by insurance. ALL Monitoring was, all I had to do was pay co-pays. Paid out of pocket for the IUI's. For IVF, I cannot thank the financial coordinator and my guess is Dr. Glassner himself in helping me afford IVF. I was open and honest with him during my IVF consult about my finances. He let me know he'd help me out anyway he could. I don't know how I will EVER be able to show him my gratitude and love that I have for him and his clinic. I HAVE NO WORDS. Speechless. He has helped me out BEYOND my expectations! Once again Dr. Glassner THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!! If there is one way to show my gratitude towards you and your clinic it is by writing this review! This is the least I could do!
He only will transfer one embryo at a time, due to his protocol. Its healthier for mom and baby to be.
Bryn Mawr
Dr. Glassner is genuinely a caring person with a good sense of humor. On our first visit, he said that when we are in his office, he will talk to us about our case as though we are his own children. We have always felt that intimate care, compassion, and consideration for our case...is very precise with procedures, uses science to support his logic, and has years of experience and a caring mindset with which he approaches our treatment and plan. He is able to introduce humor to a stressful situation and relax the room. His confidence is contagious. I am hopeful that we are in good hands. I would recommend Dr. Glassner to my family and friends in a heartbeat.
Most [nurses at Main Line Fertility] were excellent and emphatic!...The doctors are knowledgeable about the latest science in reproductive health, very good at their work (procedures), and confident leaders. Nurses are on the same page and supportive to each doctor and patient. My only negative is that they are so good/busy that it can be a long wait. When I first came to MLF I was worried it would feel like a factory. After being there for a few months I realize that worry was eliminated within 2 visits. I feel like part of their family and am warmly greeted by nurses/phlebotomist multiple times each visit. Overall, I have been more than satisfied at Main Line Fertility and highly recommend it to anyone.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is very precise with procedures, uses science to support his logic, and has years of experience and a caring mindset with which he approaches our treatment and plan. He is able to introduce humor to a stressful situation and relax the room. His confidence is contagious. I am hopeful that we are in good hands. I would recommend Dr. Glassner to my family and friends in a heartbeat.
Ask to meet with him any time you have a question or want to make sure you’re on the same page as him and understanding the plan. Write down your questions ahead of time.
Hysteroscopy, doxycycline for inflammation), hormone stimulation injections for retrieval, egg retrieval, ICSI, ERA (endometrial receptivity assay)- which showed that my timing of transfer needs to be adjusted/individualized to me, PGS, PGD, intralipid infusion/prednisone/Lovenox (for immune response and potential blood clots related to unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss), scheduled transfer (upcoming)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Most were excellent and emphatic!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
MLF is an excellent clinic. The doctors are knowledgeable about the latest science in reproductive health, very good at their work (procedures), and confident leaders. Nurses are on the same page and supportive to each doctor and patient. My only negative is that they are so good/busy that it can be a long wait. When I first came to MLF I was worried it would feel like a factory. After being there for a few months I realize that worry was eliminated within 2 visits. I feel like part of their family and am warmly greeted by nurses/phlebotomist multiple times each visit. Overall, I have been more than satisfied at Main Line Fertility and highly recommend it to anyone.
Single transfer- research shows it’s safest
Bryn Mawr
He [Dr. Michael Glassner] highly suggested egg retrieval with freeze all and genetic PGD testing with a later single FET. My husband had expressed his goals of avoiding multiples and reducing genetic risks so this could be why he suggested the above...has a very busy schedule but will take the time to speak with you and answer all of your questions. He’s very personable and genuinely seems to care about your infertility goals...
The initial nurse I met with [at Main Line Fertility] was informative and very helpful in obtaining my old records...Some days [monitoring] appointments went quickly and smoothly while other days they took a while and you were ushered from one waiting area to the next...This is a busy clinic. Pros-they are flexible with their hours and you can pretty much pick your appointment time between 0700-1100. Cons-there are often long waits at the appointments. Average is an hour, but it Wasn’t unusual for it to take almost 2 hours. Clinic Nps
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is genuine and very experienced with what he does. He seems to be able to properly readjust fertility plans to get desired outcomes. He’s willing to take a more aggressive approach in fertility treatment. The only downside is that the clinic is busy and if you want to meet with Dr. Glassner there can be long waiting periods.
You may not get to see him as often as you might a physician at a smaller practice, but he has the experience and expertise for more difficult cases. It is worth your while to use Dr. Glassner.
Dr glassner has a very busy schedule but will take the time to speak with you and answer all of your questions. He’s very personable and genuinely seems to care about your infertility goals.
I was offered a more aggressive form of IUI if desired but after learning the risks, we declined and moved onto IVF. Our plan from the start was an egg retrieval with freeze all PGD testing due to my age. Please also note I only have one ovary. Cycle #1 follistim/ganarelix protocol failed-only 2 eggs developed-canceled Cycle #2 follistim/Lupron-8 eggs retrieved/2 made it to blastocyst. 2 frozen. Cycle #3 follistim/ganarelix higher dose/ 11 eggs retrieved/ 2 made it to blastocyst Cycle #4-follistim/ganarelix/ 15 eggs retrieved/4 made it to blastocysts
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Yes)
The initial nurse I met with was informative and very helpful in obtaining my old records.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Some days these appointments went quickly and smoothly while other days they took a while and you were ushered from one waiting area to the next. It really depended on how busy the clinic was.
I believe I was charged 5000$ for retrieval #4, 6000$ for retrieval #3, 7000$ for retrieval #2. Retrieval #1 was cancelled. My insurance paid for some of the monitoring. If you do FET With PGD the first transfer is only 2000$. I believe the ERA was 1,300$. PGD was somewhere around 7000$ with all associated fees.
He highly suggested egg retrieval with freeze all and genetic PGD testing with a later single FET. My husband had expressed his goals of avoiding multiples and reducing genetic risks so this could be why he suggested the above.
Philadelphia
Dr glassner is caring and patient and logical. He saved my ovaries in a sense and gave us the best chance by first draining the cyst before egg retrievel instead of surgery. He is amazing! Thank you! ... Dr Glassner made me feel better through our situation that even though I’m missing a uterus I have a life and my life means something more than my uterus , he made me feel we can have a child through surrogacy and help it be as “normal” as possible. ...
They’re [nurses] wonderful people and work well together. Patient and caring!! Makes all the difference for follow ups and while taking medicines and feel a little sick from the meds . They gave tips how to manage and breathe calmly through the process ... I feel I honestly never saw any weaknesses [at Main Line Fert] in my journey with them so far. I feel all was done in a way it should be in a timely fashion. I feel the strengths are good communication , understanding and compassionate. I believe that patients need to go in honest and give it there all, and the drs and nurses in return will be there 100%. It is hard to sometimes open up altogether and be totally you in this hard journey of infertility but the more open and honest you are with yourself and the drs I think the more they can help you!
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He is genuine , patient , caring and understanding . Has a tremendous amount of knowledge! He is always ready to answer any question you have and infertility can be very lonely but he knows where to point you in the direction to get all the help you need regarding the physical and emotional ! No part of your journey goes unnoticed or uncovered, it definitely helps to make the difficult journey of infertility that much easier. For everyone it’s their own reason why they need to use a dr to help create their family but as wide as the spectrum of creating babies is , dr glassner is educated in all of the different areas and the challenges they bring and emotions that may arise. He is truly a GIFT from G-d! With His help and the help from G-d I do believe after this coronavirus we will be able to use our created embryos that he did for us and transfer them to our gestational Carrier and still receive the BEST care from him even though we’re nit the ones pregnant and our carrier is carrying for us. I believe G-d gave me a uterus to bring a life into this world and G-d took it away to save my life! I had an emergency hysterectomy during the birth of my first child. Dr Glassner made me feel better through our situation that even though I’m missing a uterus I have a life and my life means something more than my uterus , he made me feel we can have a child through surrogacy and help it be as “normal” as possible. No one is alone when you have Dr Glassner.
To trust dr glassner and he will be there always 100%
I felt like a human because he has such care and concern and treats you like your the only one in the work at the moment he’s helping you that it feels like he’s full force there for you the whole way on your journey
He did egg retrievel for me . So before I had to take medicine for 10-14 days in injection forms and then I had to go in for visits in a daily basis to check me levels to be ready for retrievel. During this time I also had a 9,5 cm cyst on my one ovary which dr glassner drained before starting medicines for egg retrievel because I had a hysterectomy he didn’t want me to do surgery before egg retrievel to remove the cyst Incase I’d lose the ovary. He wanted to get as many eggs as possible during retrievel. During the medicine taking the cyst filled up so the day of egg retrievel he drained the cyst Aswell as retrieving eggs, if it wasn’t for him I would’ve not gotten the amount of eggs he retrieved and possibly would’ve had surgery before the egg retrievel process and possibly only have had one ovary. Dr glassner is caring and patient and logical. He saved my ovaries in a sense and gave us the best chance by first draining the cyst before egg retrievel instead of surgery. He is amazing! Thank you!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
They’re wonderful people and work well together. Patient and caring!! Makes all the difference for follow ups and while taking medicines and feel a little sick from the meds . They gave tips how to manage and breathe calmly through the process
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
I feel I honestly never saw any weaknesses in my journey with them so far. I feel all was done in a way it should be in a timely fashion. I feel the strengths are good communication , understanding and compassionate. I believe that patients need to go in honest and give it there all, and the drs and nurses in return will be there 100%. It is hard to sometimes open up altogether and be totally you in this hard journey of infertility but the more open and honest you are with yourself and the drs I think the more they can help you!
They were very reasonable regarding numbers we researched before going into our journey of creating embryos to get ready for using a gestational Carrier. I feel they give you the best care and charge any amazing price for what they do for you and the way they do! I recommend dr glassner and his team any day!
My only comment is that I am a triplet and my husband a twin and I’m 26 years old. I was born two months early and in an incubator for a month so I think I more than most understand the risks of multiple pregnancies . But the difference in my opinion now a days the technology and medical advancements are a lot more than 26 years ago and I think it in a sense can help ease the risk of multiple embryo transfers. Yes every situation is different and can be risky . A single embryo transfer can turn into identical twins , multiple transfer can only one . You never know , it’s up to G-d and ofcourse us as humans doing what we feel is right with caution. But the above is why I feel it’s ok to do multiple and why I would.
Bryn Mawr
Dr Glassner has wonderful bedside manner and for such a delicate, sad and lonely condition, he did all that he could to make us feel at ease. I would highly recommend to any couple looking for help!... He is very busy, certainly tries to make time but be patient if you can’t see him every time.... He and their team are pretty dead set on single embryo transfer to reduce risks.... Dr. Glassner was very honest with our situation, and since he was the second RE we visited
The office [Main Line Fertility] is pretty packed, and while they have the rule of no kids in the room, people would bring in their children, which for someone without any is really tough. Not the clinics fault, as I know this is hard to reinforce. Also the room is pretty crowded and you may wait for a routine visit.... They are very patient and kind. They’ve seen it all, so when I first called and explained our story and lost it on the phone, they were more than compassionate and kind.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner has wonderful bedside manner and for such a delicate, sad and lonely condition, he did all that he could to make us feel at ease. I would highly recommend to any couple looking for help! This was a welcomed change from our prior experience at another fertility group.
Dr. Glassner was very honest with our situation, and since he was the second RE we visited, he provided an active approach with statistics and realistic expectations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Colleen, Kristen, Maureen)
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The office is pretty packed, and while they have the rule of no kids in the room, people would bring in their children, which for someone without any is really tough. Not the clinics fault, as I know this is hard to reinforce. Also the room is pretty crowded and you may wait for a routine visit.
Pretty standard
Treated 2018 - 2019
IVF egg retrieval with lupron, estrodial, and injectables [with Dr. Michael Glassner]. We got one embryo and he recommended a biopsy of my uterus...I was scheduled for a transfer and Glassner changed his vacation plans and I wasn’t aware another doctor would be doing my transfer until 24 hours before and I chose to cancel the cycle... is straight forward and to the point. He’s funny and down to earth and honest. He provided our options and was flexible when we wanted to go a different route. He explained all options and pros and cons.
Sometimes I feel rushed by the ladies who answer the phone [at Main Line Fertility]. Otherwise, they are prompt and the clinic is clean and everyone is kind. They are well organized and move people through. They are private...[nurses are] Kind and compassionate and personable. Patient and thorough...I was scheduled for a transfer and Glassner changed his vacation plans and I wasn’t aware another doctor would be doing my transfer until 24 hours before and I chose to cancel the cycle.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is straight forward and to the point. He’s funny and down to earth and honest. He provided our options and was flexible when we wanted to go a different route. He explained all options and pros and cons.
You have to have a sense of humor and be prepared for a straight shooter.
Dr. Glassner is kind and everybody knows my name and is kind and patient.
IVF egg retrieval with lupron, estrodial, and injectables. We got one embryo and he recommended a biopsy of my uterus.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Kind and compassionate and personable. Patient and thorough.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Sometimes I feel rushed by the ladies who answer the phone. Otherwise, they are prompt and the clinic is clean and everyone is kind. They are well organized and move people through. They are private.
Fertility costs are expensive in my opinion. Over $10,000 for one cycle.
I only have one embryo
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Glassner] always showed compassion but more so when he could see I was feeling down or defeated. ... He was quickly able to answer my questions and offer me reassurance where it was needed. Throughout the process he explained why he was changing things around and answered all of my concerns. ... He has a more individualized approach than other doctors.
The clinic [Main Line Fertility] took an individualized approach. It is a very busy practice which makes it hard. I felt more at ease there than at my previous. I didn't feel like I was left to fend for myself which is a priority I feel in IVF. I felt like they were the experts and was in good hands ... [nursing staff] Very caring and would get back to you in a very timely manner
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I saw Dr Glassner for a second opinion. He was quickly able to answer my questions and offer me reassurance where it was needed. Throughout the process he explained why he was changing things around and answered all of my concerns. Yes, he's a busy doctor, but he makes sure he puts the time in to bring out the best outcome! He has a more individualized approach than other doctors.
Trust him
Dr Glassner and his staff answered all of my questions in a timely fashion. He always showed compassion but more so when he could see I was feeling down or defeated.
His protocols were specific to your needs and would change as he saw fit. He didn't take any shortcuts
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Very caring and would get back to you in a very timely manner
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic took an individualized approach. It is a very busy practice which makes it hard. I felt more at ease there than at my previous. I didn't feel like I was left to fend for myself which is a priority I feel in IVF. I felt like they were the experts and was in good hands
Paoli

He [Dr. Michael Glassner] can be speedy when answering questions but don’t hesitate to ask him to slow down and repeat. Also be ready to have an idea of what route you would like to take (IUI, IVF, medications). On initial consult he presented me with a variety of options, percentages of success with each option and then asked me what road I would like to take...Because my initial consult was around the same time I was starting a new cycle, I had the option to start treatment immediately. i was prescribed 100mg clomid and 1500 mg metformin. Unfortunately the resulted in potentially 8 mature follicles and the cycle was cancelled.
Everyone [at Main Line Fertility] was friendly and hopeful for my success. Everyone speaks to you like a friend and not just like a patient...The nursing staff was very friendly. They always have a smile on their face...Strengths: Your doctor will see you directly at almost every appointment. Another strength is that the staff are very involved in helping you navigate and understand your insurance coverage. Weakness: Because your doctor will see you directly wait times can be somewhat long, i.e. One hour for baseline ultrasound, bloodwork and talking with doctor.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is very straightforward when he speaks. He is not the type to beat around the bush, he is gets straight to the point (which I prefer). My experience so far has been great. I am not the type to be sad about my situation, but rather eager to find a solution. Dr. Glassner had the same feeling and is eager to find a recipe that will result in a healthy baby.
Be ready with questions and write them down. He can be speedy when answering questions but don’t hesitate to ask him to slow down and repeat. Also be ready to have an idea of what route you would like to take (IUI, IVF, medications). On initial consult he presented me with a variety of options, percentages of success with each option and then asked me what road I would like to take.
Everyone was friendly and hopeful for my success. Everyone speaks to you like a friend and not just like a patient.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff was very friendly. They always have a smile on their face.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
So far no cost since I have only done an initial consult and had a cancelled IUI cycle.
Treated 2017 - 2019
The nurses do all of the work and you barely talk to the doctor [Dr. Michael Glassner], maybe 10 minutes. During my IVF cycle, I only saw him in the OR for retrieval and for transfer. That’s it... Always felt rushed. ...Unexplained infertility, pushed us to IVF and it was unsuccessful, then says oh it’s probably PCOS. After 2.5 years you’ll diagnose me with one of the most common reproductive disorders? No...Clomid increasing in dosages up to 250mg/day through days 4-8 of cycle
Nursing staff [at Main Line Fertility] is so used to what they do every day. They’ll call and say “your labs are all good” without giving specific numbers. They know the doctors protocols so they just follow them. They didn’t tell me potential side effects of medications (estrace made me CRAZY and no one told me this before I started taking it)...Only one embryo transferred ever...Strict rules...The nurses do all of the work and you barely talk to the doctor, maybe 10 minutes.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I feel like I barely saw him. Always felt rushed. At first we really trusted him because everyone we asked said he was the one. Then our experience was not that. Unexplained infertility, pushed us to IVF and it was unsuccessful, then says oh it’s probably PCOS. After 2.5 years you’ll diagnose me with one of the most common reproductive disorders? No.
Beware of being pushed into pricy treatment
Entire process is based on what’s normal and usual for them. The nurses do all of the work and you barely talk to the doctor, maybe 10 minutes. During my IVF cycle, I only saw him in the OR for retrieval and for transfer. That’s it.
Clomid increasing in dosages up to 250mg/day through days 4-8 of cycle. Clomid and letrozole together. Follistim 150 / day before IUI. IVF protocol was 150/day and 1 menopur x 13 days for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Nursing staff is so used to what they do every day. They’ll call and say “your labs are all good” without giving specific numbers. They know the doctors protocols so they just follow them. They didn’t tell me potential side effects of medications (estrace made me CRAZY and no one told me this before I started taking it)
Only one embryo transferred ever with him. Strict rules
Treated 2016 - 2018
For my first cycle, my husband and I went straight to IVF after an ectopic pregnancy. My other tube looked damaged, but Dr. Glassner recommended IVF... I was overstimulated this cycle, and because of this I had to freeze my embroys, and only 1 was good enough quality for freezing. My frozen transfer was a few months later, which resulted in pregnancy and then miscarriage at 6 weeks. After this, we discussed removal of my other tube, but I did not want to do that, so at my request, we tried clomid for about 6 cycles.
I was able to get in a clinical trial [at Main Line Fertility] for my meds so there was no cost there. There are no hidden costs, they lay it all out on sheet for you when you first come in. Although, I defintiely wasn't prepared the first time for the additional cost of having to do a frozen cycle since I wasn't expecting to overstimulate. When things didn't work, and since cost is an issue with us, Dr. Glassner did everything in his power to help us with the second cycle, which I could not have been more grateful for.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
My experiences with IVF have been tough, to say the least, as many patients will agree. Being a patient of Dr. Glassner, I always know what to expect. He is very blunt about your diagnosis, steps to take in your infertility journey, the prognosis of pregnancy, and everything in between. If you like someone to be nothing but straight forward with you, Dr. Glassner is your man. He takes the time to answer any questions or concerns, and I never leave feeling like I have no idea what is going on. No question is a dumb question with him. I always feel as though I am taken seriously, my concerns are valid, and my questions are answered. Dr. Glassner knows my case inside and out, no matter how long of a break I may take between cycles. He remembers what I have been through which is so important to me, mainly so I don't have to relive the bad. Financially, IVF is a struggle for us, and Dr. Glassner has gone above and beyond to make having a baby a reality for us. Have I gotten the results I wanted? No, not yet, but I am confident Dr. Glassner will get me there.
One piece of advice would be, if you are looking for a Dr. to sugar coat your situation, he may not be for you. He is very down to earth and easy to talk to, but he is very straight forward about your situation and what is realistic with your expectations.
With Dr. Glassner, I always feel like I am treated as a human, and never a number. He doesn't rush the time spent with him, and always makes sure I don't leave confused. The office staff are always kind and also get to know you on a personal level very quickly. The staff and Dr.'s are the reason I continue to be a patient here.
For my first cycle, my husband and I went straight to IVF after an ectopic pregnancy. My other tube looked damaged, but Dr. Glassner recommended IVF. I do not know the exact protocol, but I believe it was antagonist. Since I am an otherwise healthy person, I started injections at my next cycle. I was overstimulated this cycle, and because of this I had to freeze my embroys, and only 1 was good enough quality for freezing. My frozen transfer was a few months later, which resulted in pregnancy and then miscarriage at 6 weeks. After this, we discussed removal of my other tube, but I did not want to do that, so at my request, we tried clomid for about 6 cycles. No pregnancy resulted from the clomid. We then went on to our next IVF cycle. This time Dr. Glassner added the HGH injections and Lupron, which resulted in a much better quality eggs (and no overstimulation!) I had 2 embroys transferred, which resulted in pregnancy, but miscarriage at 6 weeks. Since this has happened, I decided to move forward with the removal of my other tube. I go back to discuss next steps in a short few weeks!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Bridget (I hope I spelled her name right!))
I can not say enough about the nursing staff at Bryn Mawr. Bridget (sorry if it's spelled wrong!) Michelle, and the entire staff is one of the main reasons I continue with this practice. I don't know if I could have gotten through the bad times of fertility without these nurses. They take the time to get to know you and your journey becomes their journey. They are so invested in each and every patient that comes through their doors. The financial burdens and all of the emotions that come along with this process, the nurses are there for you every step of the way. They all go above and beyond for their patients. They are simply wonderful.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
So when you there for your consult on the "Dr." side, expect a wait!! This is my least favorite part about the clinic. On their busier days you can expect to be there for at least an hour and a half. I found this troubling, because when you are pregnant and transferred to this side, you already take so much time off of work with the IVF process and having to come for weekly appointments or even biweekly, i noticed I had to take almost half days to attend my appts here. Another down side is if the pregnancy isn't going as planned, these long wait times I found extremely hard, as the last place I wanted to be was in public sitting in a room with a bunch of strangers. On the flip side, the staff is great. The women at the front desk get to know you, they are kind and always smiling.
My insurance does not cover IVF, but I was able to get in a clinical trial for my meds so there was no cost there. There are no hidden costs, they lay it all out on sheet for you when you first come in. Although, I defintiely wasn't prepared the first time for the additional cost of having to do a frozen cycle since I wasn't expecting to overstimulate. When things didn't work, and since cost is an issue with us, Dr. Glassner did everything in his power to help us with the second cycle, which I could not have been more grateful for. IVF is very expensive in PA at no fault of the Dr., so knowing that Dr. Glassner and his team go above and beyond to make your baby dreams come true, make me feel better about choosing this practice. We have spent around $27,000 so far on 2 rounds of IVF and a frozen transfer (and all that comes with that). All of my regular office visits not associated with the actual IVF cycle, diagnostic bloodwork, ultrasound, hysteroscopy, etc, were covered by my insurance medical plan. So my copay/deductibles applied.
My first time, I only had one I was able to transfer. The second time, I had multiple embroys, and the Dr. covered all the pros and cons or transferring multiple. I wanted to do 2 and he agreed. I was very informed in my decision.
Treated 2014 - 2018
We eventually did get pregnant by monitoring our cycles [with Dr. Michael Glassner] but that lead to an ectopic pregnancy. It was decided then that I probably have a weak tube. After a year of trying through IUIs, etc we decided to go through IVF. Financially we could not afford IVF but Dr. Glassner and his team worked with an organization called BabyQuest that provided us financial help to pay for our IVF procedure.
Strengths [at Main Line Fertility]: professionalism, bedside manner, there is always a person to answer your calls, honesty, they were great at building confidence, flexible hours...Weakness: On rare occasions the wait could be more than 15 minutes...The nurses were nothing short of excellent. They calmed our nerves and literally held my hand throughout the process. They always explained any procedure that I had a question about. They were caring and compassionate.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is friendly, has a great sense of humor, and is patient. He meets with us every time we have a visit at the doctor's office and explains exactly what is happening and what we should next. He answers any questions we have and answers them thoroughly. He gives his expert advice to help us make informed decisions on our health and fertility treatments. His bedside manner is what makes him stand apart from most doctors. He is personable and you really feel like you have all his attention when you are in his presence.
One piece advice I would give a new patient of Dr. Glassner is to be patient because the fertility process is long and can be stressful.
Dr. Glassner took the time out to answer all my questions during our visits. He's personable and remembers past conversations that we had. Most importantly, Dr. Glassner knew our financial situation and was very flexible in trying to make IVF affordable for us. During our fertility process we found an amazing organization called the "BabyQuest Foundation". BabyQuest provides financial help to people seeking fertility treatments. Because of Dr. Glassner's and Mainline fertility's understanding of our situation they provided fair pricing to the Foundation which in turn helped us win the grant. We will always be grateful and indebted to them.
In the beginning of our treatment Dr. Glassner began with IUIs because we had an unexplained fertility diagnosis. These did not produce a positive pregnancy. We eventually did get pregnant by monitoring our cycles but that lead to an ectopic pregnancy. It was decided then that I probably have a weak tube. After a year of trying through IUIs, etc we decided to go through IVF. Financially we could not afford IVF but Dr. Glassner and his team worked with an organization called BabyQuest that provided us financial help to pay for our IVF procedure. Without Dr. Glassner's and Baby Quest's help our son would not be here today.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths: professionalism, bedside manner, there is always a person to answer your calls, honesty, they were great at building confidence, flexible hours Weakness: On rare occasions the wait could be more than 15 minutes.
Treated 2014 - 2018
Dr Glassner has a great sense of humor considering the nature of what he does and that worked for us. It may not work for everyone but it’s what we needed. At the same time he was always compassionate and shared in our frustrations in days when a sense of humor wasn’t appropriate...Protocols were always based on my low amh which put my egg quality in question...Dr Glassner was a perfect blend of honest, compassionate, and said he wouldn’t put us through anything he wouldn’t put his own daughter through and that is what always stayed with us month after month
The clinic [Main Line Fertility] is amazing but just like any other dr office you have to be your own self advocate and make sure to always call with any questions. They are always there to help and the more you ask the more comfortable you will be. They have everyone’s best interest in mind so don’t hesitate to rely on them throughout the process...The nurses were so compassionate and would always try their best to keep you motivated throughout the process. Our insurance converge is horrible for fertility so the nurses always tried to help us out by giving us donated meds if they were available to try to eliminate some of the financial stress that comes with this process
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner always made time for us and never made us feel rushed. As disapponting as many months were he still had faith and never moved to a treatment that we weren’t 100% confident. He never wanted us to walk away and made sure he did what he could to not let that happen
Clomid - clomid challenge test Clomid + iui - 3 cycles Injectables + iui - 1 cycle followed by my husband getting vericocele surgery Injectables + iui - 3 cycles Moved onto ivf using injectables and menopur and 5 days in dr glassner concerted the cycle to iui due to my poor response and we ended up getting pregnant that cycle! Protocols were always based on my low amh which put my egg quality in question Currently I’m back with dr glassner for baby #2 we did three cycle of injectables iui with no luck and plan to move ivf in April
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic is amazing but just like any other dr office you have to be your own self advocate and make sure to always call with any questions. They are always there to help and the more you ask the more comfortable you will be. They have everyone’s best interest in mind so don’t hesitate to rely on them throughout the process
Paid out of pocket for iuis and injectable medications and ivf...monitoring appointments were covered with a specialist co pay
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
The only complaint I have is when you have weekend appointments someone’s the doctors that are on call have a different option about the plan for the month and it can been confusing/frustrating for patients who are trusting in their own doctors plan
Paoli
He [Dr. Glassner] seems to have a LOT of experience. From the first meeting I felt that he was going to be completely honest with me, and he even told us that he would give me the same advice he would give to his sister or someone else in his family that was going through this. He also brings a light side to things and jokes around - after all... what else can you do in this process? I would 100% recommend him to anyone else.
Strengths would be the way they [Main Line Fertility] are organized, make you feel comfortable and at home. Really the only negative I'd say is to have a little more room in some of the waiting rooms -- sometimes there are not enough seats. 100% recommend this clinic and would not go anywhere else.... [Nursing Staff] Amazing ! That is really the only word needed. Via phone and in the office there were always super compassionate and caring.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He seems to have a LOT of experience. From the first meeting I felt that he was going to be completely honest with me, and he even told us that he would give me the same advice he would give to his sister or someone else in his family that was going through this. He also brings a light side to things and jokes around - after all... what else can you do in this process? I would 100% recommend him to anyone else.
Have an idea in your head of what you might want to do first. Meaning... if you are ok with just a few meds combinied with IUI or if you would like to do natural cycles. How comfortable you are with IUI and or IVF - be committed to your own path.
Always felt VERY welcomed in the office from the time I walk in until I leave. All the Drs, Nurses, and PA's know my and my husbands name and treat us as if we are the most important or only ones there, even though there are a million other patients. Dr. Glassner even called to follow up after our first initial appt. And his PA, Rachel takes time in the office with me and over the phone to answer all of my 5,297 questions.
We started out with Clomid only and IUI cycles. We then personally decided to only to natural cycles of IUI because I did not feel comfortable with the meds, which he was fine with. However recommend meds because it was not working without. He is now recommending we move forward with IVF because we gave it a few tries already.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths would be the way they are organized, make you feel comfortable and at home. Really the only negative I'd say is to have a little more room in some of the waiting rooms -- sometimes there are not enough seats. 100% recommend this clinic and would not go anywhere else.
$60 co-pays each time. $450 per IUI. $60 Clomid cycle.
Bryn Mawr
Definitely knows his stuff. [Michael Glassner] Tries to find the best treatment for the patient but a lot of patients dont have the financial means or insurance coverage to proceed with a aggressive approach like IUI or IVF. Injectables... I dont ovulate on my own and cycles are too long. In 2017 we did several cycles with clomid and metformin and my body did not respond at all. He was in my insurance network copays were only 15.00. Had to stop due to other health related issues.
Excellent hours as early as 7am excellent for working women, everthing is done on site Ultrasounds, labs, surgeries at Bryn Mawr hospital across the street. Every employee [Main Line Fertility] is friendly compassionate and understanding, family oriented. They treat you as a human not just another number. That is important for any person as a patient.... [Cost Of Treatment] In 2018 very expensive. My insurance coverage does not cover ivf and they were out of network this time around.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Definitely knows his stuff. Tries to find the best treatment for the patient but a lot of patients dont have the financial means or insurance coverage to proceed with a aggressive approach like IUI or IVF. Injectables
Be patient
The attention given to every patient is unique and special at every consultation from the doctor and every staff member including the front desk, i will not go anywhere else hopefully will be able to conceive soon
I dont ovulate on my own and cycles are too long. In 2017 we did several cycles with clomid and metformin and my body did not respond at all. He was in my insurance network copays were only 15.00. Had to stop due to other health related issues. In 2018 they were no longer in my network copays were 45.00 for each visit and bills were applied to deductible. This time around we did femara and clomid my body responded to the meds I achieved two perfect follicles, ovulated but did not conceive my cervical mucus was there enough to help the sperm. I received bills in excess of 600.00 as my balance due to the deductible so i had to stop treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Excellent
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Excellent hours as early as 7am excellent for working women, everthing is done on site Ultrasounds, labs, surgeries at Bryn Mawr hospital across the street. Every employee is friendly compassionate and understanding, family oriented. They treat you as a human not just another number. That is important for any person as a patient.
In 2018 very expensive. My insurance coverage does not cover ivf and they were out of network this time around. Received a bill for 680.00 after they were applied to my out of network deductible and 45.00 copay due at the time of service. Clomid and femara out of pocket not covered by my insurance
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Glassner immediately made me feel like I was important and he cared about my treatment. He was as excited about me getting pregnant and having a baby as much as I was. He treated my wife and I with respect as an LGBTQ couple and knew exactly what reciprocal IVF was and how to go about doing it.... He is warm, caring, thorough, and funny, which helps when the nerves of fertility treatment set in. He took time to help me understand exactly what the plan was and made sure we both were in it together to achieve the same goal.
The nursing staff at Main Line Fertility was amazing. They are the glue that holds the clinic together and kept me sane during my fertility treatment. They are extremely knowledgable in all this fertility and are there to answer questions, ease your nerves, and keep you positive.... Main Line Fertility is clean, welcoming, thorough, knowledgeable, and overall fantastic. The staff is great from the front desk to the nurses to the doctors. They are knowledgeable and welcoming the LGBTQ patients and are able to provide a variety of different treatments to help create families.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner was fantastic from start to finish. He is warm, caring, thorough, and funny, which helps when the nerves of fertility treatment set in. He took time to help me understand exactly what the plan was and made sure we both were in it together to achieve the same goal. When things didn't work out as planned, he was there to make me feel optimistic again and help me understand that IVF takes time. I am forever grateful for the Dr. Glassner's expertise and the gift he helped me create, my daughter. I never felt like just a number, I always felt important and that Dr. Glassner shared the same goals I had for myself.
Stick with him, even when it feels like things aren't working as fast as you want them to. Fertility treatments take time and Dr. Glassner will be there every step of the way to help you create that family that you want for yourself.
From our very first visit with Dr. Glassner and our first consultation we knew we picked the right doctor and fertility clinic. Dr. Glassner immediately made me feel like I was important and he cared about my treatment. He was as excited about me getting pregnant and having a baby as much as I was. He treated my wife and I with respect as an LGBTQ couple and knew exactly what reciprocal IVF was and how to go about doing it. His sense of humor put me at ease when I was nervous about my embryo transfers and I felt completely comfortable with him. After my first failed embryo transfer Dr. Glassner called me to discuss what happened and what our next steps were. During a devastating time of not getting pregnant, he put me at ease and made me feel optimistic again. I knew that my wife and I would reach our goal of having a baby with Dr. Glassner. When we got pregnant, Dr. Glassner was excited for us! He always made us feel that we were his most important patients.
For both embryo transfers I was taking Gonal-F injections and having ultrasounds and blood work until I was ready for transfer. Dr. Glassner wanted my body to ovulate to help the transfer work. Once my body started to ovulate I had my embryo transfer. I also was on estradiol pills and progesterone in oil shots. Once I was pregnant I continued the pills and progesterone in oil shots until my 12th week of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff at Main Line Fertility was amazing. They are the glue that holds the clinic together and kept me sane during my fertility treatment. They are extremely knowledgable in all this fertility and are there to answer questions, ease your nerves, and keep you positive. They were there for me every step of the way. During my failed transfer, the nurses comforted me and when my transfer worked they rejoiced with me. They knew exactly who I was, who my wife was, and our goal. I am forever grateful for every nurse that was involved with my care during my fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Main Line Fertility is clean, welcoming, thorough, knowledgeable, and overall fantastic. The staff is great from the front desk to the nurses to the doctors. They are knowledgeable and welcoming the LGBTQ patients and are able to provide a variety of different treatments to help create families. The staff makes you feel important and never like just another patient. Fertility treatments can be scary and stressful, but the clinic does everything to keep you informed, calm, and optimistic about achieving your goals.
Embryo transfer cost about $2500, PGS testing cost about $3000
I had the PGS testing done on the embryos, so Dr. Glassner only allowed transfer of one embryo. He stated that if I had not done PGS testing I would be able to put two embryos in. I was happy with his decision to put one embryo in because our embryos were considered genetically normal.
Bryn Mawr
Dr. Glassner always remembers our last conversations and fertility plans despite the weeks between our meetings. We specifically sought him out after requesting a second opinion, and he remembered the details of our initial conversation, moreover after our consultation, he called the next day (unprompted) to make sure the information he provided sunk in, and to see if I had follow up questions. I was impressed by his attention and his memory of each patient case.
The clinic [Main Line Fertility] does a great job of working with a lot of patients and once and separating the patients based on treatment plan (eg: IVF patients have their own set of nursing staff from those seeking other fertility treatment plans.) at first, it was frustrating that I didn’t have one person to call and that knew my case, now that I’m well into my first IVF cycle, and I’ve spent more time at MLF, the office staff and nursing staff know me and remember my journey. They do a great job of easing your fears, but don’t be bashful about asking questions! Often times, if you don’t ask what’s next, the team will assume you know.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner has a very specific style for his bedside manner. He has a good balance of jokes during his visits which we like, it provides levity to a situation that often feels heavy and anxiety ridden. He also knows when to share empathy and provide hope to his patients. During our first meeting, he shared his personal stories of fertility challenges, and was able to relate to my husband and made my emotional and physical needs feel met. If you’re ok with a very direct doctor (there’s no sugar coating here) and one that can make you laugh, then he’s your guy!
Be honest and direct with your needs. If you need to see him during an appointment, say so! He’s quite busy but will ALWAYS make time for you, you just have to ask.
I was on an 11 day regimen of Follistim and Menopur, will ganarellix used from days 6-11. We triggered with HCG which we believed would be best since we were going for the highest number possible. We discussed my previous RE’s recommendation of using a Lupron protocol, however because of my DOR he was candid to say this may actually have the opposite effect. As a result, we retrieved 9 mature follicles which was in our goal range originally outlined during our consultation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff are very compassionate and patient to answer all of your questions. I was nervous at first to be without a nurse coordinator, but I made a point to really get to know the nurses so they knew me as a patient. They have been very supportive and feel like extended family during this process.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic does a great job of working with a lot of patients and once and separating the patients based on treatment plan (eg: IVF patients have their own set of nursing staff from those seeking other fertility treatment plans.) at first, it was frustrating that I didn’t have one person to call and that knew my case, now that I’m well into my first IVF cycle, and I’ve spent more time at MLF, the office staff and nursing staff know me and remember my journey. They do a great job of easing your fears, but don’t be bashful about asking questions! Often times, if you don’t ask what’s next, the team will assume you know.
We specifically expressed our concern about costs especially since we were already thinking we would need to complete 2 retrieval’s and have no insurance coverage. Dr. Glassner was very open to say he would work with us in any way he could- that all we needed to do was to talk to him and be direct, but he would make sure we had a baby, in a way we could afford. After price shopping, this was the first time we EVER had an RE actually work with us and discuss cost.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
Because we were coming in from another RE, there was confusion at first about the tests we had already completed and what was missing from my chart. It was frustrating to receive a phone call about what was needed when I was in the lobby awaiting bloodwork. However, because I expressed this to the monitoring nurse, she quickly helped me to clarify the needs and find a solution to have all records sent to her.
Bryn Mawr
Dr. Glassner is very knowledgeable and fairly blunt in his explanations. I personally appreciate the bluntness when it comes to my body, limitations, and expectations. Although blunt. it is evident Dr. Glassner cares about you as a person and helping you achieve my goals of having children is his complete focus. His humor and bedside manner was very helpful in alleviating stress and anxiety during procedures.... Dr. Glassner suggested an IUI during my initial appointments / testing to increase my chance of conception.
The clinic's [Main Line] strengths include a highly organized team of knowledgeable individuals who are aware of your history and plan of care. All nurses and doctors are compassionate and assist you in understanding all procedures, risks, and rationales for treatments. One weakness I would cite is simply the busy nature of the clinic, which does not allow itself to give you personal attention and quality time with each visit. Due to the business of the clinic, it is important for you to be well informed and to be an advocate for yourself and ask questions / facilitate conversations.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I would advise patients that he is blunt, but extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. In general, i would advise any patient to be a self advocate, ask questions about anything that makes you feel confused or hesitant.
Main Line Fertility is a busy clinic, so sometimes personal attention each visit was difficult, but anytime I needed questions answered or explanations, I was absolutely given the attention I needed.
Dr. Glassner suggested an IUI during my initial appointments / testing to increase my chance of conception. Since the initial did not work, he suggested Clomid for 3 cycles, increasing the dosage each time w/ IUI. All IUIs were negative. Due to the failed IUIs and my low AMH level, he suggested bypassing further injectibles and to continue w/ IVF. About to begin my initial IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
All of the nursing staff was compassionate, answered any questions regarding procedures, and gave me a full explanation of what to expect with each procedure / visit.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic's strengths include a highly organized team of knowledgeable individuals who are aware of your history and plan of care. All nurses and doctors are compassionate and assist you in understanding all procedures, risks, and rationales for treatments. One weakness I would cite is simply the busy nature of the clinic, which does not allow itself to give you personal attention and quality time with each visit. Due to the business of the clinic, it is important for you to be well informed and to be an advocate for yourself and ask questions / facilitate conversations.
My diagnostic testing was covered by insurance; however medications, IUIs, and IVF costs were not covered, and therefore out of pocket.
Main Line has a strict one embryo policy, and I appreciate and agree with their ethical rationale behind it.
Bryn Mawr
Although I do not see Dr. Glassner each time, when I do he is very open and honest about the route of treatment and what needs to be done. While he is clear on the information he gives, he does so in a way that makes the patient feel comfortable. He seems to understand this process is emotional and caters to that when discussing treatment, issues, etc, with his patients...[treatment included] the clomid challenge in order to see if I was able to grow more follicles (it worked, I grew more follicles) 2.) Tons of bloodwork to test my cycle and how I ovulate 3.) Ultrasounds (internal and external to check the status of my uterus and follicles (showed that I responded well to the clomid) 4.) Hysteroscopy to see how viable my uterus is (which they found a fibroid in the uterine cavity and I then needed to have a hysteroscopic myomectomy), 5.)HSG which tested for block fallopian tubes (which we learned my remaining tube is blocked. I had one removed in 2009) 6.) 1st cycle if IVF up to egg retrieval 7.) Embryo freezing 8.) FET cycle in about 2 weeks.
Hysteroscopy [at Main Line Fertility] to see how viable my uterus is (which they found a fibroid in the uterine cavity and I then needed to have a hysteroscopic myomectomy)...The nursing staff is absolutely amazing! They are very caring and are sure to make you feel at ease each and every time you visit...The strengths are the short wait times, the great attitudes of the staff, the willingness everyone has to help the patients...their goal is the same as the patients, to get the patient pregnant! I think the only weakness the office has is the time restrictions for appointments. They dont really have appointments past 2:30pm which makes it difficult when you work.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Ask all the questions you want. Do not be afraid to voice your opinion or clarify something you do not understand.
Dr. Glassner and his staff are all very welcoming and empathetic to the reason why you are visiting their office. Everyone takes the time to make sure you understand every step of treatment and they are always willing to answer any question their patients have.
I began this process over a year ago so far I have been through a lot of testing and diagnosis. This includes, 1.) the clomid challenge in order to see if I was able to grow more follicles (it worked, I grew more follicles) 2.) Tons of bloodwork to test my cycle and how I ovulate 3.) Ultrasounds (internal and external to check the status of my uterus and follicles (showed that I responded well to the clomid) 4.) Hysteroscopy to see how viable my uterus is (which they found a fibroid in the uterine cavity and I then needed to have a hysteroscopic myomectomy), 5.)HSG which tested for block fallopian tubes (which we learned my remaining tube is blocked. I had one removed in 2009) 6.) 1st cycle if IVF up to egg retrieval 7.) Embryo freezing 8.) FET cycle in about 2 weeks.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Medication, bloodwork and office visit copays, surgical copays, anesthesia copay, IVF costs for procedure and medications
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Glassner took time and consideration when discussing my case. Always made me feel welcome. And uses humor appropriately to ease fears...He was very honest and transparent during the entire process. We were never given false hope , everything was explained in detail. There was a plan and it was followed. He really does care about his patients and was very open about giving advice if we encountered a tough situation. During the sad time of a chemical pregnancy he took time to sit and discuss everything that
Everyone i have ever encountered here [Main Line Fert] has been amazing. from the front desk to the nurses and doctors...excellent staff and physicians. Like a lot of doctors offices waiting times can increase but most days I was in and out on time. everyone is happy and smiling and it has a family feel to it. they remember every patient. great encouragement from staff and support during tough times
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
My experience was great. He was very honest and transparent during the entire process. We were never given false hope , everything was explained in detail. There was a plan and it was followed. He really does care about his patients and was very open about giving advice if we encountered a tough situation. During the sad time of a chemical pregnancy he took time to sit and discuss everything that happened and ensured i had further testing done to see if this was a random occurance or a deeper issue like a clotting disorder.
He is smart and driven and has a plan for everyone. It might not be what you want to hear but it is what will work. Don’t expect any sugar coating , just results
I was a mini stim IVF protocol. I think antagonist , i did injections for 2 weeks maybe a little more. No BCP. We focused on taking supplements and metformin to increase my egg quality. this was done based on my age and AMh levels. I produced a 9 eggs all great quality. 8 fertilized and 5 made it to day 5 blasts in great quality. we froze 4 and successfully transferred one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Everyone i have ever encountered here has been amazing. from the front desk to the nurses and doctors.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Ran like a well oiled machine. Monitoring appointments are done in the morning which worked great for me as i could go before work.
10,000 for an IVF cycle
We were advised based on my age and it being my first cycle to only transfer 1 embryo.