Available by cell phone
FellowshipU of Louisville
38A Old Sparrowbush Road
Latham, NY 12110
518.690.0700
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Grossman to a friend?

4.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CNY Fertility Center to a friend?
2020
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I thought that he [Dr. Michael Grossman] was very good. I only had him so far for my retrieval. I still have yet to have my FET. I was told to make sure that I ask the questions to be answered because he does not volunteer information. So if any one does see him, make sure you ask your questions before you go under anesthesia...I had a really good NP or PA who was able to help me dig deep into the rationale behind all the meds and the other meds that I was taking that I thought had nothing to do with my actually treatment.
I think that this clinic system [CNY Fertility Center] is busy. I expected to be treated well, and I was, but I will always compare my experience to how I was treated in Barbados...The files are open to all the providers and they consult each other on these cases. The protocol was different for me based on the other facilities I had gone to. I had a really good NP or PA who was able to help me dig deep into the rationale behind all the meds and the other meds that I was taking that I thought had nothing to do with my actually treatment. The biggest thing with this clinic (and all the ones I have encountered except Barbados) is communication.
2020
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
I thought that he was very good. I only had him so far for my retrieval. I still have yet to have my FET. I was told to make sure that I ask the questions to be answered because he does not volunteer information. So if any one does see him, make sure you ask your questions before you go under anesthesia.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask all the questions you feel you need answered. Also make sure to use the portal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
I think that this clinic system is busy. I expected to be treated well, and I was, but I will always compare my experience to how I was treated in Barbados. Overall I was still happy with the treatment at CNY in Albany/Lantham
Describe the protocols Michael Grossman used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
CNY works as a system overall. The files are open to all the providers and they consult each other on these cases. The protocol was different for me based on the other facilities I had gone to. I had a really good NP or PA who was able to help me dig deep into the rationale behind all the meds and the other meds that I was taking that I thought had nothing to do with my actually treatment. The biggest thing with this clinic (and all the ones I have encountered except Barbados) is communication.
Overall I was very happy with the staff. The clinic system does not have a primary patient coordinator. Since this is a remote treatment situation for me, communication through the portal and phone calls. It has been difficult getting somethings explained in detail until you actually call and explain what you need. in my case it was my medication and supplement list.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The one in Albany, Beautiful! a log cabin feel. Then they gave me a plush warm rob and the setting is no where near a hospital feel. I was very pleased with this and it made me feel really comfortable and at ease.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
I have to go to a local facility (Texas Children's Pavilion for Women) and do remote monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center.
This clinic is the cheapest clinic for the basics in America.
Describe Michael Grossman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
My understanding is that Dr. G will do what the pt wishes in reason but prefers to do 1. The NP explained the rational further for me and all the reasons for me, at my age, should have 1 at a time for FET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I went to ATL remote clinic to get plasma replacement and wanted to make sure my partner would be able to get his sperm sample done at the same appointment, ( he was not going to be able to come to NY with me.) They had him scheduled for lab in ATL, but not the donation. It was an easy fix, but it was not scheduled as requested.
Latham

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
The doctor [Dr. Michael Grossman] was kind and has a good bedside manner though he does tend to speak fast and mumble. Make sure if you are unclear on anything you ask him pointed questions. He seems like he genuinely wants to help but is overwhelmed by the volume of patients he sees every day...We are in the midst of our 4th donor egg cycle with no success. We have used immuno protocols due to a history of miscarriage. We have tried alternative therapies such as acupuncture to increase our odds of conception.
Research as much as possible because If you don’t come in armed with questions, they [CNY Fertility Center] will not volunteer information...The nurses are very difficult to communicate with. It is rare that you will hear from the same nurse twice and they don’t check your chart before responding so be very careful with watching your medication instructions. If you’re going the donor egg route, the entire department is overwhelmed and it can take days to get a response at times.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
The doctor was kind and has a good bedside manner though he does tend to speak fast and mumble. Make sure if you are unclear on anything you ask him pointed questions. He seems like he genuinely wants to help but is overwhelmed by the volume of patients he sees every day.
Research as much as possible because If you don’t come in armed with questions, they will not volunteer information.
Despite being told we would be contacted with dates of treatments, pregnancy test results, fertilization reports, we had to constantly chase the nurses down for this information. My medication lists were not updated, they left my personal health information on a stranger’s voice mail. They don’t treat my partner like he is part of the process, will not communicate with him. It has been a very disappointing experience and I wish we had read more reviews before choosing this clinic.
The nurses are very difficult to communicate with. It is rare that you will hear from the same nurse twice and they don’t check your chart before responding so be very careful with watching your medication instructions. If you’re going the donor egg route, the entire department is overwhelmed and it can take days to get a response at times. The nurses called a random wrong number and provided them with my private medical information related to our embryos. I have to call several times to get pregnancy test results and they’re not very compassionate when delivering bad news. The nurses in the room are nice when you go in for your transfer but otherwise it’s been a bad experience.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The communication is severely lacking. While the pricing looks attractive, I would never recommend this clinic to someone pursuing pregnancy through donor eggs. Their SART scores are really low for a reason and if you ask them for any explanation they chalk it up to bad luck or say they don’t know why things aren’t working. This is technology backed by science-there should be answers other than cross your fingers and hope for the best.
The doctor was hesitant but did transfer more than one frozen three day embryo at our request.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
They did not call with fertilization reports or pregnancy test results.

Unexplained, Other
He [Dr. Grossman] was honest, given my age, about the chances of success. Was willing to listen to my input and answer my husbands questions so that he really understood what was going on. He let me be the emotional hot mess that I was (we’ve been trying for 4 years and have now miscarried twice) during the process... We used omnitrope for priming due to my age and a combo of menopur and gonal-f
They [CNY - nurses] were very friendly and didn’t mind my 8y old twins being around. They understood that this is a family affair for us, our children want a sibling, and let us keep them involved as much as we wanted them to be. It was important for me to have them there with us... Communication is something they could work on with their travel team and out of stare patients. It would’ve been nice to have the prices for acupuncture and massage available before making a decision
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He was honest, given my age, about the chances of success. Was willing to listen to my input and answer my husbands questions so that he really understood what was going on. He let me be the emotional hot mess that I was (we’ve been trying for 4 years and have now miscarried twice) during the process
Ask questions if you have them, he’s very willing to answer them
He was candid and made jokes and just made the whole process comfortable
We used omnitrope for priming due to my age and a combo of menopur and gonal-f
They were very friendly and didn’t mind my 8y old twins being around. They understood that this is a family affair for us, our children want a sibling, and let us keep them involved as much as we wanted them to be. It was important for me to have them there with us
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Communication is something they could work on with their travel team and out of stare patients. It would’ve been nice to have the prices for acupuncture and massage available before making a decision to have the treatments done. I was surprised when I went up and almost cancelled it due to cost since we already spent so much money that cycle. Other than that it was good.
Meds were almost $4000 but would’ve been more without discounts and the few that were covered by my insurance. Cycle was 4750$ with financing fees. Travel was $2000 at least.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
There was a disconnect between cny and my monitoring facility. Results wouldn’t be conveyed and I ended up finding them out on my own or from the monitoring facility first.
Latham

He [Dr. Grossman] was very kind to me and explained each step he was going to do. He remembered our phone consult and when I came back for my transfer!... He took the time to make sure I understood the procedures and risks that could appear. He didn’t seem to rush anything and answered all of my questions.He can have a dry sense of humour, which maybe people don’t like, but I found him funny and caring!
The clinic [CNY] is fabulous! Even the atmosphere when you walk in is so relaxing. They are very busy, so the only thing I find is you have to keep on top of everything. If you have a question or concern, email/call the nurses right away.... Nurses at the Albany office are great! I was so nervous going in a few times, but they make you feel so comfortable. Sheila Miller is one of the nurses I have really been keeping in touch with.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He was great! He took the time to make sure I understood the procedures and risks that could appear. He didn’t seem to rush anything and answered all of my questions.He can have a dry sense of humour, which maybe people don’t like, but I found him funny and caring! I am going back for a 5 day frozen transfer and hope to see him again!
Ask all the questions you may have.No matter how simple they are. He will make sure you understand and feel comfortable!
He was very kind to me and explained each step he was going to do. He remembered our phone consult and when I came back for my transfer!
I seem to have used a pretty standard protocol for my egg retrieval. Menopur 75u & gonal 225u then added my cetrotide in and a double lupron trigger. I had 21 eggs retrieved, so I felt pretty confident it was a good cycle. I responded well to the medications and stimmed for 8 nights. After retrieval I felt okay as well, which is what I was hoping for!
Nurses at the Albany office are great! I was so nervous going in a few times, but they make you feel so comfortable. Sheila Miller is one of the nurses I have really been keeping in touch with. She is amazing at getting back to my questions so fast and helping me along this journey!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is fabulous! Even the atmosphere when you walk in is so relaxing. They are very busy, so the only thing I find is you have to keep on top of everything. If you have a question or concern, email/call the nurses right away.
The cost is so reasonable. It of course is still expensive, but much more affordable than other clinics.
He explained the pros and cons of transferring one or two embryos. He didn’t seem to persuade my choice, just explained what he thought was best and let me decide.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr Grossman came into the room before my retrieval and spent time talking to me and answering all of my questions. After the procedure was over he came back in to ask if I had any follow up questions. He was just as accommodating and kind when it came to the transfer procedure....He was able to answer all of my questions to my satisfaction. There were questions he wouldn't out right answer because they were decisions I had to make on my own but he helpful.
The clinic [CNY Fertility] is growing quickly and see women from all over the world because of the affordability they provide. At the moment the nurses are over worked. It is a must to be your own advocate and this clinic is no different....Dr Kiltz, is more concerned patients go home with a baby then over charging for medical assistance. He believes in a combination of eastern and western medicine and is willing to try cutting edge/emerging techniques if you bring him the research.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Grossman was funny and compassionate. He was able to answer all of my questions to my satisfaction. There were questions he wouldn't out right answer because they were decisions I had to make on my own but he helpful.
He has a dry sense of humor.
The clinic is growing quickly and see women from all over the world because of the affordability they provide. At the moment the nurses are over worked. It is a must to be your own advocate and this clinic is no different.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The primary strength of this clinic is the affordability. The clinic owner, Dr Kiltz, is more concerned patients go home with a baby then over charging for medical assistance. He believes in a combination of eastern and western medicine and is willing to try cutting edge/emerging techniques if you bring him the research. One of the weaknesses is that the clinic is growing very quickly and the staff has a hard time keeping track of everything.
$3900 for egg retrieval, icsi, anesthetic and fresh transfer; $150 for travel clients monitoring at home or $600 for monitoring at the clinic; $250 for frozen transfers. Medications cost will vary depending on protocol.
CNY as a whole strongly encourages only one embryo to be transferred at a time. They will make exceptions for women who have recurring miscarriages or who are older.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I asked to have two procedures done an intravenous infusion and an HCG wash. They only scheduled me for one of the procedures so I had to come back later in the day for them to do both procedures. It was frustrating but at least they were able to get it done the same day.

2017 - 2019
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Dr. Grossman although very dry, he is warm, light hearted but also unbelievably caring. He explains everything very clearly and in plain terms without sugar coating things but in a manner that is not harsh or cold. You can genuinely feel that he wants you to succeed and is just as heartbroken as you are if things do not go as planned.... My protocol with Dr. Grossman was very different from my previous clinic including the use of Prednisone to reduce inflammation, Prograf, Lovenox, Endometrin, Estrace, LDN and Intralipids the week before transfer, the day before transfer and weekly once I got a positive beta until 12 weeks
At CNY you only see your doctor for the big procedures... You are not assigned a nurse off the bat but once you click with someone you can request to see them for all visits.... There are times when you will be on hold for a long time to speak with a nurse with questions during normal business hours. The on call nurses call back very quickly after hours and my experience with them has always been fantastic. I recommend joining their support group on FB as well as their regular FB page to learn about other patients
2017 - 2019
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
At CNY you only see your doctor for the big procedures but he is always very responsive and thorough to email questions throughout the process and will always come in to the room if available while in for regular monitoring appointments. My confidence level when working with Dr. Grossman went up so much from my previous experience. I felt much more educated throghout the process by him and much more at ease.
He believes in evidence based medicine so some of the diet recommendations, or other changes that can be made that have loose correlations he will more or less tell you it can’t hurt, but may not recommend directly. You do have to be your own advocate but he is always supportive and will have in depth discussions about alternative treatments or add ons.
My protocol with Dr. Grossman was very different from my previous clinic including the use of Prednisone to reduce inflammation, Prograf, Lovenox, Endometrin, Estrace, LDN and Intralipids the week before transfer, the day before transfer and weekly once I got a positive beta until 12 weeks (but we only made it to 10). I feel that the lipids was a big help with the success of this cycle and the higher dosage of Endometrin from the beginning. There are other meds that I know I didn’t list but it’s a lot!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca Eskin)
You are not assigned a nurse off the bat but once you click with someone you can request to see them for all visits. There were a few times I had to see other nurses, but there was only ever one nurse that I felt was in a rush but she was still very nice and thorough. I can’t say enough good things about Rebecca. Her compassion, her sense of humor, her attitude helped me so much through out the process. She is extremely knowledgeable and very clear about all options but also if she doesn’t know she will find out and while you are there. She takes her time and you never feel rushed. When I was in for my 10 week scan and she had to tell me there was no heartbeat she was my rock as my husband wasn’t there for that appointment. She called and texted with my husband and I over the next few days and helped us with the decision to have a D&C and continued to follow up until the procedure and after. She is amazing my husband and I LOVE her!!!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
There are times when you will be on hold for a long time to speak with a nurse with questions during normal business hours. The on call nurses call back very quickly after hours and my experience with them has always been fantastic. I recommend joining their support group on FB as well as their regular FB page to learn about other patients, their protocols, etc so that you can ask your nurses and doctor about additional treatment options etc. Make sure you download the patient portal app on your phone as that is generally the easiest way to communicate with the office and upload needed documents etc.
Including the 3 rounds of shared cycle Donor Egg retrieval/fertilization’s and 2 FET we have paid around $30k excluding medications for my FET.
Dr. Grossman has been pretty strong on recommending eSET because we did PGS testing with our donor egg embryos. We never asked to transfer more as the risk of twins is a little worrisome for myself and my husband financially.
Latham

Dr. Grossman is very knowledgeable and polite but very quick. He is in and out and that's it. He does an okay job at explaining things but not to mh expectations.... I will say I felt more like a patient than a paycheck compared to another doctor we've seen. I felt like Dr.Grossman cared about my outcome and that means alot.... Though you are the patient, you will have to be your own advocate, your own nurse and researcher.
The nursing staff [CNY Fertility Ctr] on the phone can be a mess.you feel as thought you NEVER talk to the same person. HOWEVER once you are there in the office the staff are AMAZING.. PHENOMENAL actually. Kristen has been through this herself and never lets you feel like you're alone. She held my hand the entire time I was there on multiple occasions.... I loved the clinic, once I arrived. This clinic has a TON of travel patients so they are most definitely BUSY.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
As a patient I wanted more straight forward answers, less 'what do you think' type of responses. I do not know for certain if my cycle would have been different at a different clinic or not but some things have still been unanswered. I will say I felt more like a patient than a paycheck compared to another doctor we've seen. I felt like Dr.Grossman cared about my outcome and that means alot.
My stim cycle was pretty typical. Gonal F 150 Menopur 75 Cetrotide FET 1: Prednisone 10mg, Endometrin, Prenatal, Estrace, Progesterone in oil, Intralipids, hcg wash, Prograf FET2: Prednisone 20mg, Estrace 2x, Endometrin 2x, Prenatal, Progesterone in oil, Lovenox, Neupogen, Intralipids, Plaquenil, Prograf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kristen)
The nursing staff on the phone can be a mess.you feel as thought you NEVER talk to the same person. HOWEVER once you are there in the office the staff are AMAZING.. PHENOMENAL actually. Kristen has been through this herself and never lets you feel like you're alone. She held my hand the entire time I was there on multiple occasions.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I loved the clinic, once I arrived. This clinic has a TON of travel patients so they are most definitely BUSY. I will say this being my first round of IVF I really didn't know what to expect and because I've only gone to this clinic for the full process I can not compare to how ivf is done elsewhere. But with my experience with this clinic, I had to be in charge of my own medicine more than I wanted to. When starting a cycle I never spoke with the same nurse on the phone, some times one nurse would tell me something and then another would upload something different into my portal. If I weren't paying attention and seen their mistake would that have ruined my cycle? I don't know, but I didn't like having this happen more than once. When you arrive at the clinic you are the queen and I mean that. They are SO over the top nice to you. They make you feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. They take REALLY good care of you and I LOVED it. The communication is wonderful once inside the clinic and I wouldn't change a single thing about my experience with the nursing staff upon arrival. They have a healing art spa and although I opted out of using it, it is BEAUTIFUL! I think every patient looking at this clinic needs to know they are BUSY and I mean BUSY. They will not remember your name until your second or third time visiting them in office because they see so many people. Things may be different if you monitor there but I stayed local to monitor so I was asked multiple times about myself (job, kids, where I'm from) and although it seems like no big deal when you're paying thousands of dollars for the treatments you kind of expect your doctor to remember your face. Aside from those few issues, this clinic is clean, well put together and has an amazing staff. They are affordable and because of that, they are a little too busy and understaffed for the number of people requesting their help.
I did not monitor at this clinic. It is in a different state and I found it easier being a traveling patient to stay local for all ultrasounds and blood work.
My Egg Retrieval, ICSI, and Fesh transfer were $4,050. Medicine obviously varies but somewhere close to $3,500 Monitoring (all ultrasounds, blood work including my two FET cycles as well) $3,200 FET are $250 for the first year, I've had two FET $500 Then you have the costs of traveling if you decide to travel to this clinic. We drove the first time which still costs us around $800, the first flight and stay were $1,500 and the third (we stayed a bit longer this time around) $1,900. So far without a healthy pregnancy, 2 negative pregnancy tests and 1 miscarriage we have spent roughly $15,500 so far.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is wonderful but I feel they are too busy so mistakes happen. I was given a protocol over the phone and then when uploaded in my portal that afternoon things were missing and some of the dosages was different. I wouldn't have thought much of this but it seems to be a common thing for this clinic. I was asked to take a specific amount of medicine that costs me over six hundred dollars for only twenty days. When I began taking this medicine it was four days in before I realized I was taking the wrong dosage because they uploaded it wrong into my portal. Talk about frustrating, it's too dang expensive for mistakes like that.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
CNY has a nurse team that you work with. It may not always be the same one, but it didn't seem to matter to me....If you need your hand held through a cycle, then you may struggle. I was fine with the communication style via email. You can contact them 24/7 and someone will look into your issue that same day. They have multiple offices so you can choose what works for you.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Because I was listed as unexplained infertility our first round of IVF was somewhat of a guessing game. Dr. Grossman offered his suggestions on new medications to use, potential risks, and when things didn't go as planned he asked for more tests, and looked through 5 years of history from OB's and other RE's. He then spent over an hour on the phone with me after our cycle ended in an early loss. And finally diagnosed me with silent PCOS. NO other doctor ever took the time to look at my bloodwork and see the trends. I am forever grateful and looking forward to another cycle.
Trust that he is trying to do what is best for you. Understand that IVF is a process and can take many months. Ask questions and be honest.
Dr. Grossman was the first doctor in 5 years to figure out a real diagnosis for me. He took time to review my past history, and to make a plan for my next cycle that I was comfortable with. He acknowledged how hard this process can be and made me feel like he really cares about me. I never felt like a number, he and his staff really care!
My protocol was IVF with injections of menopur, and lh-hcg. I also did and intralipid IV, and acupuncture. My body responded somewhat to these medications and I did get 8 eggs, however due to having undiagnosed pcos, my egg quality was bad. So for the next cycle I will be on metformin as well.
CNY has a nurse team that you work with. It may not always be the same one, but it didn't seem to matter to me. I always got a quick response, good information, and all of my questions and concerns answered. They showed compassion when things were hard and made me feel comfortable for the retrieval when I was nervous.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Price is the lowest in the US. This also means they have a high patient load. If you need your hand held through a cycle, then you may struggle. I was fine with the communication style via email. You can contact them 24/7 and someone will look into your issue that same day. They have multiple offices so you can choose what works for you. I was a travel patient from another state, and they have a dedicated travel team to help with logistics.
My monitoring was done remotely from a different state as I was a travel patient. So I can not comment on CNY's monitoring.
IVF with ICSI was $3900. Medications for me totaled $3000
We only had one viable embryo, however before we knew that we had discussed my history and the risks of putting in more than one. It was ultimately left up to me to decide.

IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Grossman] was very thorough going over all our documentation and listening to what we wanted and supporting our decisions by saying he would do the same thing. I like that he wasn't pushing PGS testing (a lot of doctors do) but we wanted to do it because of prior miscarriages and he said yes in your case I think that is a smart idea because that is the main reason we are doing IVF.
IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Thus far we have only had our consultation in person. He was very thorough going over all our documentation and listening to what we wanted and supporting our decisions by saying he would do the same thing. I like that he wasn't pushing PGS testing (a lot of doctors do) but we wanted to do it because of prior miscarriages and he said yes in your case I think that is a smart idea because that is the main reason we are doing IVF.
Relax, he is easy going and knows what he is talking about and will listen to you as much as he shares with you.
Although this is an extremely busy office the doctor took over an hour with us to discuss our case and look at all our paperwork. Although they generally give everyone the same protocol, he was not pushy about any of it and told us he would do what we want. He took the time to answer all our questions and listen to us and he even made jokes to help lighten the mood.
We haven't yet started our protocol as we have had a setback healthwise and are reevaluating our plan and may switch to RIVF instead.
I've only had communication via the portal with the nursing staff and everyone has been super responsive to all my questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Since CNY as a whole is so busy because of what they offer you really need to be proactive and advocate for yourself. The best way to communicate is the portal, however you are unable to have an ongoing conversation, it always has to be a new message which I find annoying. Calling them you will likely be on hold a lot and the phones go down more than you would expect. Another strength that most clinics don't have is the option for accupuncture or massage upstairs on the days of retrieval or transfer to help your body, make sure you ask about that as they don't always offer it proactively.
We are still evaluating, we have some insurance coverage for IVF so we plan to use that first, but the PGS testing will be out of pocket and run around $3000.
Latham
I definitely felt like a human because my feelings were greatly crushed. [Dr. Grossman] was a very nice man, but insensitive towards my fragile emotional state when it comes to trying to have a baby. He truly needs to work on improving his bedside manor.... The Dr. basically told me that I was too heavy to have a child at this time. I understand his concern, but there is a better delivery that he could’ve with the whole situation. He seemed uncaring towards my breakdown when he told me his thoughts.
There is a lot of information the patient needs to collect for the office. The clinic [CNY] should have the ability to request all records, on the client’s behalf, from their drs. I was told this could not be done. I did all this work to get my records sent over, and nothing ever became of anything. I don’t even know if the dr looked at them. He seemed to know nothing about me.... I didn’t have much interaction with the nurses
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
The Dr. basically told me that I was too heavy to have a child at this time. I understand his concern, but there is a better delivery that he could’ve with the whole situation. He seemed uncaring towards my breakdown when he told me his thoughts. I went there so excited to try to have a child and left there crushed and in tears with nowhere else to turn. Exactly a year later, I’m in a worse boat than when I saw him. I have gotten nowhere closer to having a child and my clock is almost done ticking on my ability to have a child. I’m very disappointed, to say the least, with my treatment and heartbreak from this office.
I have no doubts that he is a wonderful and successful Dr. My sister has 3 beautiful children because of him. I just wish he wasn’t so awkward when it comes to dealing with sensitive women and their dire situations. Compassion and understanding go a long way in my book.
I definitely felt like a human because my feelings were greatly crushed. He was a very nice man, but insensitive towards my fragile emotional state when it comes to trying to have a baby. He truly needs to work on improving his bedside manor.
I didn’t even make it to having a second appointment from the initial consultation. I was too discouraged and confused.
I didn’t have much interaction with the nurses, other that being placed in a room without much conversation.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
There is a lot of information the patient needs to collect for the office. The clinic should have the ability to request all records, on the client’s behalf, from their drs. I was told this could not be done. I did all this work to get my records sent over, and nothing ever became of anything. I don’t even know if the dr looked at them. He seemed to know nothing about me.
I paid a $25 co-pay for my consultation visit.
Latham

Dr. Grossman is knowledgeable, approachable, and patient. He will always answer any questions and explain things thoroughly. As a patient, most interactions are with the nursing staff. But on retrieval and transfer days, Dr. G has been great - I felt very at ease, especially given my complicated history. ... During treatment, a majority of visits/interactions are with the nursing staff vs. doctor.
I will day that the clinic seems to be getting busier - and I hope that it does not have a negative impact of overall level of service and care. ... The nursing staff is amazing. Everyone that I have encountered through countless visits have been great. I tend to see the same nurse as much as I can - I like the consistency and having someone that is most familiar with my particular situation.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Write your questions down and don’t be afraid to ask. And ask again if needed. Always need to be your own advocate, especially under such emotionally and physically stressful circumstances that come with IVF.
Dr. Grossman if friendly and approachable. He is always will to answer questions and patient. During treatment, a majority of visits/interactions are with the nursing staff vs. doctor. Usually only see the doctor for retrieval, transfer, etc.
IUI with letrozole x4. IUI with injectables - follistim and menopur x3. Overstimulated with IUI #7 and converted to IVF. Retrieval resulted in 7 fertilized embryos with 4 frozen and day 3. First frozen transfer was successful, but resulted in a miscarriage at 16 weeks.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I don’t have many complaints about my experience to date. I will day that the clinic seems to be getting busier - and I hope that it does not have a negative impact of overall level of service and care.
CNY is known for making IVF affordable. My IUI treatments were covered under insurance, I paid my co-pays for every visit, along with any costs for medications. For IVF, total cost was $3,900 plus medications. Within a year of your retrieval, any additional transfers are $250 (first is covered under the $3,900).

5 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Dr. Grossman explains everything really well. He also makes you feel comfortable. He always gives you a chance to ask any questions you have. Only weakness to me is he talks in a manner that he sounds like he is the host of a television show...This second transfer I am taking the same medications but we added in plaquenil and I am doing Dr. Kiltz extreme keto diet... I also took theralogix supplements ovavite and ovasitol as a prenatal and egg quality purposes. For transfer I stayed on theralogix vitamins and added: baby aspirin, LDN, estradiol, prednisone, progesterone, pio injections.
They strongly recommend one embryo [at CNY Fertility Center] however they will make you aware of the risk if doing multiple. Depending on your situation they do allow for multiple embryo transfers...Clinics strengths are they are organized, communicate well, and the actual ombeonce of the clinic is relaxing and comfortable. A weakness of theirs is they have a lot of patients so occasionally things can get messed up. However, they are always able to fix things right away.
5 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions or have him explain things to you.
They were very personable and everyone at the clinic made you feel like they were their only patient.
My protocol was made up of menopur 75iu, Gonal-f 225iu, cetrotide, and double lupron trigger for egg retrieval. I also took theralogix supplements ovavite and ovasitol as a prenatal and egg quality purposes. For transfer I stayed on theralogix vitamins and added: baby aspirin, LDN, estradiol, prednisone, progesterone, pio injections. My first transfer ended in a chemical. This second transfer I am taking the same medications but we added in plaquenil and I am doing Dr. Kiltz extreme keto diet
The nursing staff calls and communicates your protocol to you and answers any questions you may have. A nurse is always available 24/7 to talk to you. They are organized and the best when you are with them in person.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I did not monitor at CNY. I live in Michigan so I did local monitoring at a fertility clinic close to my home.
Egg Retrieval $4050 (includes $150 local monitoring fee) Transfer $250 Embryo glue $100 Hcg wash $50 (without medication) Intralipid infusion $100 2 30min acupuncture/massage sessions $70 Free nutritional information Free yoga classes
They strongly recommend one embryo however they will make you aware of the risk if doing multiple. Depending on your situation they do allow for multiple embryo transfers.

2007 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Grossman was very up front and truthful. He told me we're in this process together and that we will get a successful pregnancy. He is very caring and has a funny sense of humor. He def. Lightens the stressful situation. Even though I only saw him a couple of times through my cycles he was always avail to answer and questions and was always very friendly in the halls.... First cycle was a clomid cycle. Follicles did not grow like they should of so they canceled the cycle. Next cycle we started on injectables bravelle and menopur.
Everyone is friendly except the 2 reception girls they never smile. Look miserable like they don't want to be their to work. The clinic [CNY- Albany] is a very peaceful environment when you walk in you wouldn't think it's a Drs office. It def. Helps to relieve some stress.... Greta and Eileen are the best team of nurses ever. And my husband and I are forever greatful they work for cny and that they were willing to go above and beyond for us. We owe our children's lives to them.
2007 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He is their to help you achieve your goals of a baby. Be upfront on your history and be honest on what you want and don't want.
He was very personable. Went over my history thoroughly discussed options and made a plan TOGETHER! he always wanted to make sure we we're 100% on board with any treatments.
First cycle was a clomid cycle. Follicles did not grow like they should of so they canceled the cycle. Next cycle we started on injectables bravelle and menopur. Started at low dose adventually got to 300/300 follicles grew we triggered with hcg. Ended in a chemical preg. Cycle 3 started with 300/300 triggered with hcg ended with chemical. Had a talk with Dr. Grossman to see what we could do he added lovenox and hcg boosters to the next cycle. Dx of reoccurring pregnancy loss. Cycle 3 300/300 foliicule grew triggered with hcg did lovenox and hcg boosters ended with a life birth of b/g twins @34wks Fast forward 8 yrs. Cycle 4 injectables follistim/ menopur ended in a chemical ( they we're steering away from hcg boosters as they say they don't help.). Cycle 5 &6 chemical pregnancy cycle 7 I pushed to ha e lovenox and hcg boosters added as that's the only way I had a successful pregnancy. Dr. Grossman agreed and added it to cycle. Currently pregnant with twins again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
Greta Joost is amazing. I had her for my first 2007-2009 cycles with cny very personable, caring always willing to go above and beyond. When I started my 2017 cycles Greta had moved to a travel coordinator. Was super sad but went with the next best nurse. Had some head butting with that nurse. Spoke with Greta as we are friends and she told me she was in the office 3 days a week doing travel pt. Stuff but would gladly scan me and get me pregnant on our last cycle as we just could not afford the out of pocket injectable meds anymore. First appt. Back with Greta I asked her if she could look up my last cycle that I did with her that was successful. That I wanted to do the same as that one. We looked at it discussed our plan of action set it in stone and went about our cycle. Currently pregnant with b/b twins. I wouldn't be if it was not for Greta going above and beyond and listening and willing to do what we did before when we were successful. I owe my children to her. The other nurse that I dealt with was Eileen Clark! Another AMAZING nurse. Was my.main blood draw nurse. In and out no problem hardly new she poked me with a needle. Had her through my 2007-2009 cycles. She moved to a telephone nurse for my 2017-2018 cycles but again she went above and beyond and would come down to do my blood draws. She always was smiling and had a great sense of humor. Greta and Eileen are the best team of nurses ever. And my husband and I are forever greatful they work for cny and that they were willing to go above and beyond for us. We owe our children's lives to them. I feel if we did not have these two as our A team we would be empty handed sad and miserable. Keep up the awesome work ladies, as you are the best in our eyes!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Everyone is friendly except the 2 reception girls they never smile. Look miserable like they don't want to be their to work. The clinic is a very peaceful environment when you walk in you wouldn't think it's a Drs office. It def. Helps to relieve some stress.

2 IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Grossman] is nice and knows his job but he does not have a good bedside manner.... You rarely see the doctor. Nurses constantly handling your case and administering protocols.... Lack of emotion. Seems like a nice doctor but I have only seen him a few times: during initial meeting, for a few minutes before retrieval and a few minutes before transfer. He is friendly and knowledgeable but perhaps the clinic size is too much for the number of doctors there
Clean clinic [CNY- Fertility Ctr - Latham], early appointments, weekend appointments. Lack of communication a few times where we thought we had more of my husbands sleep remaining and were led to believe this but at retrieval we were told only donor was available.... Needed a prescription renewal and called 3 times and pharmacy called twice and no one called back....Amazing nursing staff. Very friendly and compassionate and knowledgeable. Love Sheila and Marianne.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He is nice and knows his job but he does not have a good bedside manner.
Stim with menopur and gonal, cetrotide and then trigger shot. Prednisone, DhEA and coenzyme. Only 2 eggs retrieved first time, 1 fertilized and after a fresh transfer failed to implant. Second time same protocol except 7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized. 2 implanted after a frozen transfer and experimental treatment of a drip resmeblembling mayonnaise and a HCG wash. Both embryos used with donor sperm failed to implant.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Clean clinic, early appointments, weekend appointments. Lack of communication a few times where we thought we had more of my husbands sleep remaining and were led to believe this but at retrieval we were told only donor was available.
First time close to $7000 due to insurance not covering procedures and included $1000 for donor sperm and accupcunture costs for a few months. Second time approximately $800 due to insurance covering most except drug and appointment copays.
Office was hesitant to transfer more then 1 embryo but I wanted to so they allowed it even though it was against protocol.
Latham

Dr. Grossman sat down with my husband and I to discuss why my first cycle likely failed. He went through all of the options we can explore to try to have a child with my own eggs. He gave us hope that it was possible to use them and that he’d be willing to try as many times as we are.... We are using lower dosages of IVF drugs than we did in our first round. I’m using HGH and 1mg of estrace for a month of estrogen priming then lower stims than previously.
Rebecca went above and beyond to explain every mediation to me, show me how to use it, give me her cell number if I had additional questions and help me to schedule convenient appointments around my teaching schedule... calm and welcoming environment. They [CNY Latham] help address issues efficiently and the nurses go above and beyond to be helpful. Weakness: sometimes challenging to get an appointment for monitoring at an ideal time
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Grossman is very soft spoken and calm. He made my husband and I feel welcome at the clinic and made sure he answered all of our questions. He had a great sense of humor which made our conversation more light hearted, especially for such a stressful and confusing issue.
Be open about concerns you have and don’t be afraid to ask questions about different options.
Dr. Grossman sat down with my husband and I to discuss why my first cycle likely failed. He went through all of the options we can explore to try to have a child with my own eggs. He gave us hope that it was possible to use them and that he’d be willing to try as many times as we are. He also answered all of my questions about my first cycle in detail without belittling me or making them seem silly. Additionally, he went over the pros and cons of using different dosages of medicine the next time around.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
Not there yet
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Forgot to order a genetic test, but when they figured out their error, they paid for it.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Grossman has always been caring and open with us. He has been very professional and answered all our questions. During all my procedures he answered any questions and took great care of us. The only suggestion I have for Dr. Grossman is he is not always very firm with his suggestions although I understand some situations do not always have a clear cut answer... For IVF my protocol was Gonal F 300 iu once daily, hcg-lh 10 iu once daily and prenatal. On day 5 he added Cetrotide .25 mg in the AM and on day 9 was Lupron (trigger) 4 mg.
CNY is a great place and we are lucky to have them. The staff is great and their methods work. Only suggestion we have is with follow up. Unless we were proactive CNY did not follow up to keep up on our path. We have had 2 successful transfers although we have also had 2 losses. CNY has been supportive and we know they will help us achieve our goal of creating a family.... We have had issues getting prescriptions sent over to our pharmacy. Phone calls are not always the best method. Requests through the portal work better.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Just ask as many questions as possible
Dr Grossman has been open with us through every step of our journey. He has been available to communicate what was going on and to answer questions and help us make decisions about our future
For IVF my protocol was Gonal F 300 iu once daily, hcg-lh 10 iu once daily and prenatal. On day 5 he added Cetrotide .25 mg in the AM and on day 9 was Lupron (trigger) 4 mg. My retieval was day 11. I had 19 eggs collected, 14 fertilized and 5 made it to day 5 for freezing. No fresh transfer. For FET both times my protocol was Estrace 2 mg (twice daily vaginally), Prednisone 5 mg, aspirin 81 mg and prenatal 2 weeks before transfer. One week before transfer started progesterone in oil 50 mg injection. Also cleocin for 3 days. 5 days before transfer added Endometrin 100 mg (vaginally twice daily). Day before transfer added Prograf .5 mg twice daily. Also did weekly intralipid IV and acupuncture before and after transfer. Discontinued Prograf day of positive pregnancy test. Outcome was positive pregnancy test both times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marianne Marx)
The nursing staff treated us like family and communicated all information with us regularly.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
We spent about $10,000 for IVF including medications. For our FET it was about $3,000.
After a successful single FET we followed the same protocol for our second transfer.
Latham

Mary [nurse at CNY] is very friendly and made me feel comfortable about explaining all the medicine I will be on. She helped go over all of the medicine I’m currently taking for estrogen priming. She’s very positive and upbeat and gave me hope that she’s worked with other patients with my condition and they’ve had success...I was supposed to have a genetic test done before my first IVF cycle and a nurse never ordered it. They didn’t realize this until right before I was going to begin my second IVF cycle. Fortunately they ordered it and paid for it due to the mistake, and the results were totally fine.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary )
Mary is very friendly and made me feel comfortable about explaining all the medicine I will be on. She helped go over all of the medicine I’m currently taking for estrogen priming. She’s very positive and upbeat and gave me hope that she’s worked with other patients with my condition and they’ve had success.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: calm and welcoming environment. They help address issues efficiently and the nurses go above and beyond to be helpful. Weakness: sometimes challenging to get an appointment for monitoring at an ideal time
$4-6,000
Not at that point yet
Latham

He [Dr. Michael Grossman] explained everything from pre testing to statistics to different protocols we could try. He answered any questions that we had to the best that he could. He had a very positive optimistic way of getting his points across. Dr Grossman also performed my laparoscopy. He explained in detail a week before the procedure and asked if we had any questions.
You can tell that the nurses love working at CNY and love what they do. They are very kind, caring and patient. If one can’t get your blood they will call another nurse in who might have a better chance. They are very timely at responding to emails and making phone calls.... He [Dr. Kiltz] puts on great chats on Facebook when he shares important information on diet or different protocols to taken for different procedures.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
We were recommended through my sister in law to request Dr Grossman when setting up our consultation. My niece is a CNY baby and Dr Grossman helped them 7 years ago. We had our initial consultation with Dr Grossman. He explained everything from pre testing to statistics to different protocols we could try. He answered any questions that we had to the best that he could. He had a very positive optimistic way of getting his points across. Dr Grossman also performed my laparoscopy. He explained in detail a week before the procedure and asked if we had any questions. The day of surgery he stopped in before to check up on me and spoke to my husband after to update him on the findings. We met with him a few weeks later where he checked incisions and again was more than willing to answer any questions we had. He is always good with returning emails in a timely manner.
One piece of advice I would give is if you’re asking him a question to ask it where it puts his wife in the situation and what they would do for certain situations.
Dr Grossman has a great bedside manner, but is also able to tell you exactly what you need to hear. He listens to what you have to say as well as supplying his knowledge in a professional manner.
We went right into injections. After 2 unsuccessful iui’s we did a laparoscopy.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is wonderful. Dr Kiltz makes sure his facilities run smoothly. He is always looking to hear what his patients have to say to improve his locations. Dr Kiltz is mora than willing to give you his number and will respond with a text or call if you have any concerns or questions. He puts on great chats on Facebook when he shares important information on diet or different protocols to taken for different procedures. I would highly recommend CNY to anyone going through this journey!
I have a copay each time I’m seen
Latham

[Dr. Grossman] is very matter of fact and kind of drowns you in numbers, statistics, and facts at the first consultation but to someone like me who likes to have all the information that was very helpful. His dry sense of humor and kind of stoic behavior takes some getting used to but he is a very knowledgeable doctor and he got me pregnant so I am very grateful to him... Most appointments were with the RN’s and nurses and they are ALL wonderful and kind which in my opinion was more important to me than a warm and fuzzy doctor.
I love the ambiance of the clinic [CNY Fertility] and their very affordable IVF pricing. They also have a spa located right at the premise to get acupuncture before and after embryo transfer. They get you in fast for appointments and you can always reach someone by phone or throughout their patient portal for questions. They are flexible and patient and I haven’t made a single negative experience there. Weakness would be that the treatment plans are not very personalized but it did end up working for me so I cannot complain.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very matter of fact and kind of drowns you in numbers, statistics, and facts at the first consultation but to someone like me who likes to have all the information that was very helpful. His dry sense of humor and kind of stoic behavior takes some getting used to but he is a very knowledgeable doctor and he got me pregnant so I am very grateful to him
Don’t expect to get coddled or a very personalized experience, but he knows his stuff and does adjust treatment if something doesn’t work. But you may have to be proactive in communicating cause the doctors at this clinic are not
He is very matter of fact and has a dry, strange sense of humor. He’s also a numbers guy so it all feels very clinical. However he got me the desired result and I also understand that CNY are very affordable clinics that don’t turn patients away so you can’t expect to develop a deep relationship with your doctor or get loads of one on one time with them. Most appointments were with the RN’s and nurses and they are ALL wonderful and kind which in my opinion was more important to me than a warm and fuzzy doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stacey DiCerbo)
They were all so wonderful and supportive and I developed true connections with some of them. I even stayed in touch with Stacey throughout my pregnancy and beyond.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I love the ambiance of the clinic and their very affordable IVF pricing. They also have a spa located right at the premise to get acupuncture before and after embryo transfer. They get you in fast for appointments and you can always reach someone by phone or throughout their patient portal for questions. They are flexible and patient and I haven’t made a single negative experience there. Weakness would be that the treatment plans are not very personalized but it did end up working for me so I cannot complain. Also communication is not the best but I am very behind these things and proactive so it wasn’t really an issue for me.
IVF for one cycle was $3,700 I believe. And every frozen cycle was another $800 each. Most of everything else was covered by my insurance so I only paid copays for every visit.
Latham

I wasn't aware that my initial intake would be my only real in person meeting with the RE...Dr. Grossman is highly experienced and clearly an excellent RE. What I feel he lacks, however is warmth. It feels like he gives you the facts without really weighing in on and/or discussing your decision making. Dr. Grossman is extremely gentle with procedures. His personality is calm overall, but he is quick witted and brief in his interactions...Use the patient portal to communicate with him as he is usually quick to respond to your questions if you message him. You will also be able to schedule phone calls with him.
The clinic itself is very busy and most staff seem to forget how harrowing the experience of infertility is for people. Procedures are not explained in detail...The clinic itself is gorgeous! Top of the line equipment and services... A strength of the clinic is that you never wait long to be seen...CNY didn't always post my lab results to my portal.... Some of the nurses expressed compassion while others struggled to do so. When I called, I felt I was being a nuisance and often felt rushed off the phone.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Grossman is highly experienced and clearly an excellent RE. What I feel he lacks, however is warmth. It feels like he gives you the facts without really weighing in on and/or discussing your decision making. Dr. Grossman is extremely gentle with procedures. His personality is calm overall, but he is quick witted and brief in his interactions. He speaks quickly so you really have to pay attention to what he says or you might miss something.
Before going into the intake, have a list of questions prepared for him as this will likely be the only time you sit down with him. Use the patient portal to communicate with him as he is usually quick to respond to your questions if you message him. You will also be able to schedule phone calls with him.
The clinic itself is very busy and most staff seem to forget how harrowing the experience of infertility is for people. I wasn't aware that my initial intake would be my only real in person meeting with the RE. Procedures are not explained in detail. You have to be a squeaky wheel in order to get answers from staff.
For 5 days: Gonal F 225 IU once daily, Menopur 75 IUonce daily, Z Pak --take 2 tablets by mouth the first day, then 1 tablet by mouth daily until all the medication is gone, Prednisone 5 mg--1 tablet by mouth twice daily, Prenatal Vitamin one qd--take one by mouth daily. Day 6-9: Added Cetrotide .25 mg. Day 10: Stopped all injectables and took Lupron 0.8 mg and Ovidrel 250 mcg. Day 11: Just took Prednisone and prenatal vitamins. I had the retrieval two days later. They retrieved 17 eggs total. They ICSIed 15 eggs and 3 survived to day 6 and day 7. We refused PGS testing but we consented to assisted hatching. The following month, we decided to put all three embryos in during the transfer.
As mentioned earlier, the staff need to remember that infertility is a tough thing for couples to face. Also, they need to not assume that we have googled everything and understand the IUI or IVF processes in their entirety. It would have been nice to have a sit down with someone who would explain the procedures before they were performed, as normally occurs in the medical field. Some of the nurses expressed compassion while others struggled to do so. When I called, I felt I was being a nuisance and often felt rushed off the phone. At times, I would have to call repeatedly to get a call back. They do make an effort however to follow up when you are monitored locally, to ensure you are on track.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is gorgeous! Top of the line equipment and services. They have a beautiful aesthetic with a full spa located upstairs where you can book acupuncture and massages. The lobby is warm and inviting with nice furniture, a beautiful fireplace, and dim lighting. It is clear that Dr. Kiltz, the head of the practice, poured his heart and soul into creating these clinics. I wonder how he would feel if he discovered how they are treating clients. If you are looking for affordable IVF, then CNY is the most affordable out there. Just be prepared to be treated as a number and not as an individual. A strength of the clinic is that you never wait long to be seen. Make sure to advocate for yourself if you come here for treatment.
I didn't monitor at CNY, I monitored locally. For the most part, the local monitoring went smoothly. There was some glitches with CNY not getting results quickly enough--I believe that happened twice. Once, the local clinic that monitored didn't accurately count my follicles, so CNY scheduled an ultrasound at their clinic before my failed IUI. CNY didn't always post my lab results to my portal.
It is $3900 for IVF with ICSI including 1 year storage of embryos and a year of FET. Meds via my own insurance company's specialty pharmacy--just paid co pays. If monitoring is done at CNY, it is an additional $875. If you go locally to your OBGYN, your insurance company pays for it. My insurance company pays for unlimited IUIs. Co pays at CNY are usually $50.
He didn't weigh in other than saying that three was the maximum that I could transfer due to my age.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
We are struggling with MFI and were honest about that from the onset. We have been following up with a urologist for the past year and my husband is on clomid to improve his sperm count. We started an IUI cycle initially (as the IVF meds were costly and my insurance covers unlimited IUIs). The day of the IUI, they told us there was no sperm in my husband's sample. As I was loaded with follicles due to the injectables I took for the IUI, I inquired about them retrieving the eggs so they would not go to waste and was told they would be too fragile to do so. They suggested we may have to do TESE. I told her that was unnecessary my husband has sperm, his count was just low. We followed up with our urologist who centrifuged his sperm sample and showed us his sperm under the microscope. I reached out to the RE to express my frustration via the patient portal and he suggested that we freeze a few samples with CNY. We scheduled to do so at CNY, only to be told again that there was no sperm in his sample. We went to MAZE in Westchester and cryopreserved three samples of sperm. I drove it in a rented tank and left it at CNY. I followed up with the lab at CNY numerous times via telephone to confirm they received the cryo and discussed how they might use it in the procedure. Weeks later, we started on an IVF with ICSI track. All seemed to be going well until the day of my retrieval. As I was in stirrups in the retrieval room, the embryologist came in and announced that they wouldn't be able to do ICSI as the cryo from MAZE was terrible quality. I was enraged, naturally as the cryo was a costly procedure and they had weeks to assess the quality of the cryo instead of minutes before my retrieval. I told them they claimed that my husband didn't have sperm in his samples. I suggested they have him provide two back to back sperm samples to see if they could "find" his sperm. Following the retrieval I called the lab and asked about how I could take my eggs and transfer to another clinic as I didn't have faith they would "find" his sperm and ICSI the eggs retrieved. Miraculously, they called later that afternoon and told me they retrieved 17 eggs, and ICSIed 15 of them with his fresh sperm.
Latham

Dr.Grossman is very down to earth and makes you feel comfortable in a stressful situation. His calm demeanor helps keep your stress levels down as well... write down questions as you think of them that way when you meet with him you can make sure to get all the information you need. Even if you think it is a silly question he is very understanding and will answer any and all questions you have...He is very respectful and understanding of the process and helps to make you feel comfortable in an otherwise stressful situation...After several iuis we decided to move on to IVF...
I believe this clinic [CNY] is very helpful. They have seminars for questions, and are also one of the most affordable care I have researched in the area. They have a healing arts center in the same building where you can have acupuncture or massages and also yoga for healing. I think they are very well rounded and don't have any complaints other than the fact that I was not informed of an embryo that made it to freeze prior to my next appointment. It was a shock but a happy one.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr.Grossman is very down to earth and makes you feel comfortable in a stressful situation. His calm demeanor helps keep your stress levels down as well. I am very happy with having my procedures done by him.
Not just for dr. Grossman but write down questions as you think of them that way when you meet with him you can make sure to get all the information you need. Even if you think it is a silly question he is very understanding and will answer any and all questions you have.
After several iuis we decided to move on to IVF. I used gonal f, menopur, lupron, cetrotide and baby aspirin. I have a mutation gene MTHFR and therefore take baby aspirin and methyl folate to help with that. After first retrieval didn't create that many embryos I started taking coq10 to try and help with my egg quality. I have also tried intralipids in case of an immune disorder.
Everyone is very kind and only wants the best out of each situation for you.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I believe this clinic is very helpful. They have seminars for questions, and are also one of the most affordable care I have researched in the area. They have a healing arts center in the same building where you can have acupuncture or massages and also yoga for healing. I think they are very well rounded and don't have any complaints other than the fact that I was not informed of an embryo that made it to freeze prior to my next appointment. It was a shock but a happy one.
$4725 for IVF including monitoring, anesthesia, egg retrieval, icsi, freezing for a year and frozen transfers during that year.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
After my egg retrieval we only had 2 embryos make it to day 5 and they weren't great quality. However I later learned at my next appt that another embryo made it to the freeze stage. I would have liked to be kept up to date on the progression of my embryos prior to transfer as well as after.
Latham

When I first met with Dr Grossman before pursuing IVF he was very friendly and knowledgeable, and had actually reviewed my records thoroughly ahead of our appointment (something very few doctors have done in my experience!). He had a great bedside manner, was patient at answering all my questions, and was good at quickly tailoring the level of detail and attitude with which he explained things to a level appropriate for my prior knowledge, so that he was able to educate me about the process while not seeming condescending. Through retrieval and transfer he was realistic and did not sugar coat facts/chances, yet seemed optimistic and made me feel hopeful.
While it was sometimes hard to reach staff by phone[at CNY Fertility Center], their use of the online portal compensated well and it was easy to review your own test results and ask questions. There was about a month's wait scheduling an initial appointment but once treatment had started they were on the ball with fitting you in and I was often able to schedule monitoring early enough to not miss work. They did not "batch" IVF patients like I have seen other practices do, so I felt confident that timing of procedures was appropriate and tailored to how I was responding. I was ultimately much more satisfied with the communication and tailored treatment from
Ask lots of questions!
After my first meeting with Dr. Grossman I felt an immense sense of relief and hope. He had thoroughly read my records transferred from another doctor ahead of time and understood why I wanted to get started with IVF and not spend any more time on IUIs or repeat any tests that were not necessary. While I mainly saw the nurses during monitoring, Dr. Grossman was kind, patient and reassuring at retrieval and transfer. The nursing staff were amazing at answering my questions and clarifications both in person and through the patient portal and let me weigh in on preferences so that I felt I was helping make treatment decisions that worked for me (such as timing of when to adjust thyroid medication, or whether to wait a cycle after retrieval or begin BCP right away in preparation for FET).
Short stimulation phase with no suppression beforehand, antagonist protocol, Lupron trigger - selected to reduce OHSS risks as I was a first time IVF patient under 35 with unexplained infertility and no history of not responding well to medications. ICSI to improve chances due to using donor sperm (seemed ICSI was the practice's standard whenever possible). Freeze-all due to elevated progesterone at retrieval. 12 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 6 made it to day 5 blasts and were frozen. FET protocol with PIO and baby aspirin continuing through 10w and progesterone suppositories to 12w. Had positive beta after first FET (eSET due to my age, good embryo quality and my low tolerance for risk of multiples) resulting in current ongoing singleton pregnancy (12w).
Nursing staff were great at promptly responding to my questions through the patient portal and following up with the doctor if needed. When I saw them in person at monitoring visits, I saw a lot of different nurses but they were all very professional. Nearly all of them were excellent at blood draws and at doing transvaginal ultrasounds with as little discomfort as possible. I also had to repeat my SHG and HSG, and it was much less painful with CNY than at the previous doctor I had used. Nurses were great at getting me in and out quickly at before-work appointments, yet were patient and understanding on the days I did have questions and took the time to demonstrate things such as injection technique. Occasionally I would have to ask a question of a second nurse at the next visit or through the portal when an initial nurse had said they would follow up with me. The fact that there were so many different nursing staff seemed to mean that there was not the best possible coordination, but nothing important ever was forgotten or lost for me (I felt my care was actually better organized than at a different doctor's practice when I had had an assigned nurse coordinator). It was difficult to reach staff promptly by phone at the location where I was treated, so they advised me to use the patient portal whenever possible - for the most part this was fine but there were a few times I would have liked to be able to reach someone on the phone more easily. When I needed to speak to the on-call nurse after hours I was able to reach her immediately though and she was very reassuring and scheduled me an appointment the next day for some unexplained bleeding.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
There is a lot of marketing of this practice as being integrative and spa-like. I was initially very reluctant to go to this practice because I was afraid that they would push complementary and alternative medication/treatments on me that had little evidence for efficacy. They did give me a copy of founder Dr. Kiltz's book which in my opinion has a load of dangerous nonsense mixed in with medical information. However, none of the doctors or staff ever pushed me to try anything that I didn't feel was "real" medicine (like acupuncture, massage, etc.). If you're like me- very skeptical of "alternative" treatments and prefer that your doctor stick to established medical science - I can assure you that at least the Albany location was great and I always felt that my doctors and the nursing staff were well-informed and choosing good evidence-based treatment options. The practice has a spa/wellness center above it and I was worried about this almost being a conflict of interest for the staff but my worries seemed unfounded. The clinic has very nice up-to-date equipment including new ultrasound machines, and appears clean and professional. The waiting room has a more home-like atmosphere than any other doctor I have been to. They also provided nice touches such as wipes and pads for your use in cleaning up after monitoring ultrasounds, and a warm robe at retrieval and transfer (spa-like characteristics I can get behind!). While it was sometimes hard to reach staff by phone, their use of the online portal compensated well and it was easy to review your own test results and ask questions. There was about a month's wait scheduling an initial appointment but once treatment had started they were on the ball with fitting you in and I was often able to schedule monitoring early enough to not miss work. They did not "batch" IVF patients like I have seen other practices do, so I felt confident that timing of procedures was appropriate and tailored to how I was responding. I was ultimately much more satisfied with the communication and tailored treatment from CNY than I was with a different provider where I had pursued IUI.
I was lucky enough to have full insurance coverage for nearly all IVF costs with only $20 copays for certain visits at the time I pursued treatment with Dr. Grossman. I believe I spent about $800 on donor sperm, and about $1000 for testing/consult before my insurance coverage began, to repeat HSG, SHG, and some monitored non-treatment cycle bloodwork.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I had to call the practice to get one prescription re-sent (the doctor who sent it was not my normal doctor). I was able to resolve it in time after I found that the mail order pharmacy did not have a record of that prescription. Nursing staff were quick to help me and coordinate getting the scrip re-sent.
Latham

Dr. Grossman is a very compassionate, caring doctor. I truly believe he wants everyone to succeed. He is a very pragmatic, by-the-book type doctor that needs to 'see the proof' before jumping on board with a new, innovative treatment. He believes perseverance and multiple attempts work just as well as complicated protocols. He will talk through everything with you and is very honest and blunt about things.
CNY is in Albany (Latham) NY and deals with a lot of travel patients as their price is incredibly affordable, compared to many IVF clinics. ($3900 for an IVF cycle with ICSI, frozen storage and FETs within a year of retrieval, as of Feb 2016). Their clinic itself is gorgeous and spa-like. A CNY Healing Arts spa is upstairs with a beautiful fireplace room, massages, acupuncture, and wonderful staff. The environment is so calming and very un-hospital-like.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Be open and honest with him; he does not shy away from questions or challenges. He will be willing to address whatever concerns you have but you have to share them. Also, be proactive in your professional relationship with him. He is busy and has many patients - I take the time to send him updates as to my progress throughout my cycle so that when/if I need him, he knows who I am and what is going on.
Dr. Grossman takes the time to call and write emails in response to any question or concern. Each message or call is personal and specific to me as his patient. He has remembered my profession every time we speak and it makes me feel like I am a whole person to him, not just a number.
Dr. Grossman is very "typical." I did two fairly straight-forward cycles with him: Call with CD1, baselines CD3, start stimming. Retrieval, then a day-2 transfer (and day 3 the next cycle) since I only had 1 and then 2 eggs fertilize. Both bfns and then eqq quality and a dominant follicle issue was suspected for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Greta)
Wonderful! My go-to connection at the clinic, esp as a travel patient. Saved my sanity and my butt many times. She coordinates all protocols, meds, rXs with the drs and billing team. She sends detailed instructions on a daily basis while cycling. She is compassionate and gives the BEST hugs ever <3
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I monitored locally at home and traveled to CNY for retrieval and transfer only. They coordinate the out of town monitoring with you. I go on my monitoring days any time before 11 am and STAT results are sent to CNY same day. My nurse then called around 3 pm with instructions for the day based on the results. Easy peasy.
$3900 for one IVF cycle including ICSI, frozen storage for 1 year and all FETs within one year of retrieval. They also include assisted hatching and do it when indicated. If you monitor there, there is an additional $850 ($825??) fee (I did not monitor there (did so locally and was covered by my insurance despite no IVF coverage).

2010 - 2014
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
We did a few rounds of iui [with Dr. Michael Grossman] but i got ovarian overstimulstion with the injectables. Clomid didnt work. When iui didnt work we went onto embryo adoption...He recommended transfering 1 but for one transfer, since my embryos were frozen together and i refused to discard any he agreed to transfer all 3. Other transfers i transfered just 1 and then 2. He told me his reasoning why but allowed me to choose
During an embryo transfer the clinic [CNY Fertility Center] thawed my embryos 5 days too early. We had to refreeze them then rethaw for the transfer when my body eas ready. The embryos never resulted in a pregnancy... i really appreciated the on site acupuncture and massage during treatment and transfer. Clean, welcoming environment. They make appointments pretty quick...Most [nurses] were good but not all. During a huge error on the clinics side, they thawed my embryos 5 days early, the nurse that called me acted like simply making more embryos would be the same thing. Not valuing my religious views of ewch embryo being an individual life.
2010 - 2014
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He had grwst bedside manner and i felt important. I have religious views that disagreed with doing ivf and i never felt judged by him for this. Eventhough the clinic made a mistake in my care, he did his best to correct it.
Id have more advice regarding the clinic than i would about dr grossman. Hes the only doctor i would want over my care in this clinic.
Dr grossman has great bedside manner. He remembered details of my first transfer years later.
I dont remember many details. We did a few rounds of iui but i got ovarian overstimulstion with the injectables. Clomid didnt work. When iui didnt work we went onto embryo adoption
Most were good but not all. During a huge error on the clinics side, they thawed my embryos 5 days early, the nurse that called me acted like simply making more embryos would be the same thing. Not valuing my religious views of ewch embryo being an individual life.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are a little too nee age-y for me, but i really appreciated the on site acupuncture and massage during treatment and transfer. Clean, welcoming environment. They make appointments pretty quick.
I dont remember besides the 500$ social work fee for the embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
During an embryo transfer the clinic thawed my embryos 5 days too early. We had to refreeze them then rethaw for the transfer when my body eas ready. The embryos never resulted in a pregnancy.

2009 - 2012
Dr. Grossman is kind and honest and thoughtful. I miscarried a month after being released from his care, and when he found out, he called me immediately. He offers encouragement and realism...The only negative I can think of was that I wish I could have seen him at every appointment...He's a little goofy, but you're in great hands....One [strength] I didn't mention was his welcoming of a second opinion when I expressed defeat after failed/cancelled cycle number 15.
There was clearly one star: Greta. She was the nurse [at CNY - Albany] that everyone turned to with questions... Everyone was kind and compassionate. A few times I would have liked a second opinion on dosages or adjustments to drugs I was taking...this clinic has a spa in house that offers acupuncture, yoga, massage all designed to help in conception. And a fabulous fireplace in the waiting room. And they were almost 100% on time with appointments.
2009 - 2012
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
See the earlier page for his strengths. One I didn't mention was his welcoming of a second opinion when I expressed defeat after failed/cancelled cycle number 15. The only negative I can think of was that I wish I could have seen him at every appointment.
He's a little goofy, but you're in great hands.
We started with unmedicated IUIs; went on to Clomid (which my body didn't tolerate); then on to a different oral drug (name I can't remember); after 5-6 failures, Dr. Grossman suggested I change donors. Tried that for a few more orally medicated IUIs. My insurance didn't pay for injectibles, so he suggested we move on to IVF. I conceived with an extremely low HCG level. Dr. Grossman was very candid in his lack of faith in the pregnancy. I ended up miscarrying at 11 weeks, 6 days. Next step was the transfer of an embryo that I had frozen. It was supported by injections post-transfer. That failed. I tried one more medicated IUI, which failed. I sought the advice of another doctor who added estrogen priming (DHA) to my final IVF attempt. It worked and I have a beautiful four-year-old daughter. All attempts were supported by post-insemination etc progesterone/estrace. Vaginal suppositories or injections.
There was clearly one star: Greta. She was the nurse that everyone turned to with questions. She also seemed to be Dr. Grossman's most trusted adviser. Everyone was kind and compassionate. A few times I would have liked a second opinion on dosages or adjustments to drugs I was taking.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Nothing to report that wasn't already typed in the review of Dr. Grossman and the nurses except that this clinic has a spa in house that offers acupuncture, yoga, massage all designed to help in conception. And a fabulous fireplace in the waiting room. And they were almost 100% on time with appointments.
From start to finish, probably $30,000.
I was sufficiently educated about the options should I become pregnant with triplets when trying to decide how many of the three embryos I should transfer at IVF attempt #1.