7.1

Michael Guarnaccia works at

200 West 57th Street
212-810-2828

2019, 20 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Guarnaccia] was very straightforward and detailed, which is an approach I really appreciated. I felt that he was able to express care and concern while also being direct (warmth in a doctor is not a requirement for me in treatment). I would definitely recommend Dr. G to my friends who are interested in egg freezing... explained my bloodwork and ultrasound results, and showed me data comparing my results to others my age. He was specific about his recommendations regarding getting genetic testing done for my family's history of breast cancer.
The window for the monitoring appointments [at Extend Fertility] was large enough that I never felt rushed or that it was an inconvenience. As I mentioned, at times the waiting area was very crowded, but the staff is so efficient that it moved fast...Freezing = 5500...Storage = 2000...The clinic is very organized and efficient. At times there would be many clients waiting to get their ultrasounds done in the mornings, but the process moved fast and I was never left waiting for long. The staff really listens to your concerns and makes themselves available to you.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr. G was very straightforward and detailed, which is an approach I really appreciated. I felt that he was able to express care and concern while also being direct (warmth in a doctor is not a requirement for me in treatment). I would definitely recommend Dr. G to my friends who are interested in egg freezing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Come with your questions prepared--your anxiety will lessen as he gives you concrete information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
During my consultation, Dr. G reviewed details of my blood work and ultrasound, and the likely outcome of my egg freezing. I discussed my extensive family history of breast cancer and Dr. G strongly recommended I get genetic testing done before the egg freezing process so that we could adjust the hormones if necessary.
Describe the protocols Michael Guarnaccia used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. G explained my bloodwork and ultrasound results, and showed me data comparing my results to others my age. He was specific about his recommendations regarding getting genetic testing done for my family's history of breast cancer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
While I did not work specifically with one nurse, they were all compassionate and able to answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
The window for the monitoring appointments was large enough that I never felt rushed or that it was an inconvenience. As I mentioned, at times the waiting area was very crowded, but the staff is so efficient that it moved fast.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility.
Freezing = 5500 Storage = 2000 Meds = 2169 (I was able to use my friend's leftover hormone meds so saved around $400) Total = $9669
Describe Michael Guarnaccia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.

2019 - 2021, 12 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Guarnaccia] came across as highly professional, competent and trustworthy, as well as warm and personable...Dr G and I only spent limited time together in person – I spent the majority of time with the clinical team (nurses, patient care advocates etc) and Dr Maslow ended up performing my surgery because that's who was available on the day of my retrieval...
The patient care team and nurses are the heart and soul of Extend. They made it a dream experience, were SO warm and personable from day 1, and showed so much care for me. I spent much more time with them than I did with my doctors and was quick to jump into a second cycle based on the experience I had...I just wish they had more locations or an office downtown...
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
I always felt I was in safe hands with Dr Guarnaccia. On the occasions where we met, he gave me plenty of time to ask questions and I never felt rushed. He came across as highly professional, competent and trustworthy, as well as warm and personable. I'm pleased with the results I saw with him on my first round of egg freezing and will be going to him again for my second round.
As with any doctor, do some reading in advance and have a list of questions prepared. Make the most of valuable in-person time with the doctor. That being said, on the occasions where I had ad hoc questions (e.g. checking whether a new non-fertility-related medication was safe for me to use in conjunction with my egg freezing treatment), Dr Guarnaccia was highly responsive and came back via the clinical team very promptly and professionally.
My case was fairly uncomplicated, as a 31-year-old with no fertility problems. As such, Dr G and I only spent limited time together in person – I spent the majority of time with the clinical team (nurses, patient care advocates etc) and Dr Maslow ended up performing my surgery because that's who was available on the day of my retrieval.
On my first egg freezing round, I believe my protocol was 225 Follistim and 1 vial of Menopur per day. We bumped it up to 2 vials of Menopur per day after about day 4 and then included Certrotide towards the end of the cycle. For my second egg freezing round, we are going to be slightly less conservative and do 2 vials of Menopur per day, likely stepping up to 3 vials at some point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kezia)
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Strengths - competitive pricing, friendly with my insurance, amazing care & clinical team, will take the time to answer your questions no matter how many there are Weaknesses - I just wish they had more locations or an office downtown. Their location on 57th St was a slog from East Brooklyn for 5-7 visits
Round 1 - 6500K, Round 2 - 5500K. Medication was an additional 3K on top each time, although I have great insurance that covered 90% of everything