7.1

Michael Guarnaccia works at

200 West 57th Street
212-810-2828

2019, 11 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Guarnaccia] was always kind and honest during my scans and egg retrieval procedures. As a 40 year old woman with only 1 ovary I had to be realistic about my situation. I really appreciated that though it would be a longer road I was always told that there was still hope...There were many times where my body was not responding to the course of treatment and instead of pressing me to go forward he would always give me the choice of wether I wanted to continue going forward knowing that the chances of an optimal result were low or to stop for this cycle and then try again next cycle. It made me feel good knowing he was more concerned with the result as opposed to just completing the cycle.
The nursing staff at the clinic is wonderful. I've been going to Extend for 2 years. The only negative thing I have to say is that as they grow in popularity and become a lot busier small details fall through the cracks a bit in terms of being able to ask follow up questions and phone calls...their monitoring hours were perfect because they started at 7am which allowed me to go before work. This was important for me so that I did not have to explain anything to my workplac
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr. G was alway honest and realistic during my treatment. There were many times where my body was not responding to the course of treatment and instead of pressing me to go forward he would always give me the choice of wether I wanted to continue going forward knowing that the chances of an optimal result were low or to stop for this cycle and then try again next cycle. It made me feel good knowing he was more concerned with the result as opposed to just completing the cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
My work schedule forced me to come into the clinic very early when they opened at 7am and sometimes I would miss having him scan me. If its important to you to be always seen by the doctor I recommend coming in a little later (8am)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr G was always kind and honest during my scans and egg retrieval procedures. As a 40 year old woman with only 1 ovary I had to be realistic about my situation. I really appreciated that though it would be a longer road I was always told that there was still hope.
Describe the protocols Michael Guarnaccia used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
A year prior I had to have my right ovary removed due to a dermoid cyst. Due to my age I had a diminished ovarian reserve and had to take the maximum amount of hormones to see good results. For my first cycle we did a Follistim and Menopur protocol. But my body didn't respond and the cycle had to be cancelled early on. I did an estrogen patch for the days leading up to day 1 of my cycle and then. Then the next two successful cycles I did a micro-flare protocol where I took Follistim (once a day), Menopur (twice a day) and Lupron. (twice a day) and a Pregnyl trigger. For my third and most successful cycle I took Follistim and Menopur once a day and then also Ganarelyx for about 5 days towards the end of my cycle and was triggered with Pregnyl. Please keep in mind that in order to even do the 3 full cycles and retrievals I had about 3 cancelled cycles.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic is in a great location in midtown near a lot of train lines. The staff is very friendly and know what they are doing. I always felt that I was in good hands (which is important when you have to get blood drawn every other day!) The hours are great for people like myself who have to start work early (I would normally go there for 7am for my monitoring appointments). The only weakness I would say is that as they grow in popularity the waiting area can get a little cramped
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
their monitoring hours were perfect because they started at 7am which allowed me to go before work. This was important for me so that I did not have to explain anything to my workplace
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility.
The costs to consider were the medications, the procedure fees and the storage fees.
Extend

Dr. Guarnaccia used a chart to determine the correct dosage for my egg retrieval medications based on my blood test and ultra sound results. He assured me that I was in the 95 percentile for my age so I am getting the lowest dose of hormones, which I appreciate.... He was very straightforward and informative. Easy to talk to, willing and able to answer all my questions.
I really like Extend Fertility!... They assign an administrator to you and he/she is with you throughout the process. That has been very nice....I have not had much experience with the nursing staff but everyone at the clinic seems very warm and professional.... I thought I was told that egg freezing has a limit on how long eggs can be frozen but was then told that they can be frozen indefinitely.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
He seems well-informed and willing to answer my questions and spend time with me going over information. I felt comfortable in his hands and believe he is good at his job. I liked him and appreciate him.
I would go in with an open mind and understand that he is a busy man but he is present with you! He goes over all pertinent information and makes you feel well-informed. He is not going to add fluff but I think that is a good thing. He knows what he is talking about and has a lot of education and experience to back it up.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I really like Extend Fertility! They marketed to me on Instagram and since that ad, the process had been very easy! They assign an administrator to you and he/she is with you throughout the process. That has been very nice.
approx. $6.5 k for the procedure, $4.5K for ten years of storage. $2.5K goes directly to pharmacy (this is the lowest dosage of hormones. They get more expensive as the amounts go up).... Overall, I think this is cheaper than the big NYC hospitals.
What specific things went wrong at Extend Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
I thought I was told that egg freezing has a limit on how long eggs can be frozen but was then told that they can be frozen indefinitely. I may have misheard!

2018 - 2019, 22 Eggs Frozen
I only did egg freezing [with Dr. Michael Guarnaccia]...always answered questions with patience and understanding. He's been doing this for a long time and he has empathy for his patients...is a knowledgeable and experienced doctor who is more old fashioned in the way he acts with his patients. He answered every question with patience and understanding, and I think he gets what his patients are going through because he's done this for so many years.
The nurses at Extend were amazing! They were kind and compassionate and always got an answer for any question I had. They are truly the backbone of the clinic and some of the nicest people I've met...It was a well oiled machine even on the busiest of days. When I first started at Extend they had appointments during morning monitoring hours but for my last cycle they had changed that to just showing up anytime between 7-9:30 am which I didn't like.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Guarnaccia is a knowledgeable and experienced doctor who is more old fashioned in the way he acts with his patients. He answered every question with patience and understanding, and I think he gets what his patients are going through because he's done this for so many years.
Do the research before you start the process and be as informed as possible. It goes by fast and a lot of information will be thrown your way. If you know the questions to ask you'll always get an informed response.
Dr. Guarnaccia always answered questions with patience and understanding. He's been doing this for a long time and he has empathy for his patients.
Microdose Lupron 10 units 2x a day Gonal-F 450 units 1x a day Menopur 2 vials 1x a day Estrdiol patches
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I think Extend Fertility knows their business inside and out and I was happy with my results. It's hard to form a normal medical relationship with the doctors/nurses/staff because you're only a patient at the clinic temporarily so sometimes you can feel like a number. However, I think the staff tries their hardest not to make you feel that way, even on the busiest of days.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
It was a well oiled machine even on the busiest of days. When I first started at Extend they had appointments during morning monitoring hours but for my last cycle they had changed that to just showing up anytime between 7-9:30 am which I didn't like. Busy days were harder but everyone was always kind and worked very hard.
Cycles were $5200 for the first and $4000 for any cycles performed after that. I don't recall the costs of all the medications but that differs for everyone.
Describe Michael Guarnaccia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
I only did egg freezing
Extend

I have never ever experienced that type of stellar service with any other doctor...When I shared with my friends how I can email him [Dr. Guarnaccia] and get a reply back in less than 10mins they were shocked...Every Dr. visit I would come in with a list of questions I found on forums or the internet. Dr. G patiently listened and provided detailed answers to my questions, never brushing it off or telling me to stay off the internet... anytime something would happen, i.e., unexpected spotting I would email him and get a response back immediately.
The nursing staff [at Extend Fertility] was super friendly...The facility is new and clean. The staff is super friendly and knowledgable. The pricing is great. I never had to wait more than 15min in the waiting room. The Drs here were directors at top clinics. The clinic is great with email communication. Weakness: The billing department took a bit to get insurance paperwork done...Estrogen patch before my period Follistim 300 units Menopur 225 IU
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
I never experienced any anxiety or questioning with Dr. Guarnaccia because anytime something would happen, i.e., unexpected spotting I would email him and get a response back immediately.  I never had to sit there wondering if something was wrong or am I doing the right thing.  I am not an easy patient. Every Dr. visit I  would come in with a list of questions I found on forums or the internet. Dr. G patiently listened and provided detailed answers to my questions, never brushing it off or telling me to stay off the internet.
Before Extend Fertility I was at a very well known, highly ranked fertility clinic where I would call in when I had a question, wait for over 15min on the phone with the receptionist and then be told the Dr will call you back when they get a moment which meant the next day.  However, I felt like I won the lottery with Dr. Guarnaccia (Dr. G). When I shared with my friends how I can email him and get a reply back in less than 10mins they were shocked. Actually, the first time I emailed him and got a quick response I was shocked too. I have never ever experienced that type of stellar service with any other doctor.
Estrogen patch before my period Follistim 300 units Menopur 225 IU
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nursing staff was super friendly.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I did 2 rounds of IVF at Columbia but had to stop because my insurance was no longer going to cover IVF and Columbia was too expensive. I was choosing between RMA and Expect Fertility. I went with Expect Fertility because of Dr. Guarnaccia experience & knowledge, the rates, and the state of the art lab. I didn't go with RMA because they suggested a birth control protocol. Strengths: The facility is new and clean. The staff is super friendly and knowledgable. The pricing is great. I never had to wait more than 15min in the waiting room. The Drs here were directors at top clinics. The clinic is great with email communication. Weakness: The billing department took a bit to get insurance paperwork done.

2016, 6 Eggs Frozen
...I was in tears and Dr. Guarnaccia so happened to be in the office that Saturday, and purposely went out of his way to find me to calm me down and explain that we are not robots--we are human beings and one regimen of shots that works for one patient does not necessarily work for another. He strongly urged me not to give up and encouraged me to do another cycle for the egg freezing and advised that we would do a different regiment of shots. I appreciated his feedback and ultimately agreed, and while that cycle did not get as many eggs as hoped, we did get through the whole cycle and froze six eggs. I was advised to do another cycle
The only real weakness [at Columbia Fertility] is that for the check-ins with the bloodwork/ultrasounds you are not likely to see your physician, which isn't preferable as I would have liked my physician to be the one doing the ultrasound check-ins...The monitoring timeframe was always set very early in the morning, which was convenient given my work schedule...Dr. Guarnaccia is a straight-shooter and will not beat around the bush. If you're looking for someone to sugarcoat it, he's not the one. He is diligent and will ask questions of you--and welcomes questions from you as well.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Columbia University?
Dr. Guarnaccia is an excellent, thoughtful and sensitive physician. When I started my first cycle for the egg freezing, when I came in on day 6 for my first ultrasound with the doctor on call to see whether the follicles were maturing, the results were negative - and I was instructed by that doctor to stop the fertility shots. I was in tears and Dr. Guarnaccia so happened to be in the office that Saturday, and purposely went out of his way to find me to calm me down and explain that we are not robots--we are human beings and one regimen of shots that works for one patient does not necessarily work for another. He strongly urged me not to give up and encouraged me to do another cycle for the egg freezing and advised that we would do a different regiment of shots. I appreciated his feedback and ultimately agreed, and while that cycle did not get as many eggs as hoped, we did get through the whole cycle and froze six eggs. I was advised to do another cycle to maximize the number of eggs but my finances (and well-being) decided against it for the time being.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Guarnaccia at Columbia University?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Guarnaccia at Columbia University?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia University.
Very friendly and dedicated, hard workers.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The only real weakness is that for the check-ins with the bloodwork/ultrasounds you are not likely to see your physician, which isn't preferable as I would have liked my physician to be the one doing the ultrasound check-ins.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Columbia University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Guarnaccia at Columbia University.
Everything involving egg freezing.
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Columbia University.
I had to call the clinic to get information on how many eggs were ultimately retrieved/frozen, as they did not call me as advised on the day of the retrieval.
Columbia University

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr G [Guarnaccia] is an extremely effective communicator who errs on the side caution when it comes to patient health, comfort and care. You're in good hands with Dr.G! He's extremely informed and patient and seems quite up-to-date in his field, he exceeded my expectations in every way...extremely warm and sweet...
The nursing staff [at Extend Fertility] needs work. Protocols were not explained adequately and getting written instructions was a problem. The insistence upon using the app was not pleasing to me. One nurse however was extraordinary >>> VALERIE. Her instructions and calls were thorough...the office staff are very lovely as are the girls who draw blood and perform ultrasounds. I always felt comfortable with them and i appreciate their kind demeanor.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr G is an extremely effective communicator who errs on the side caution when it comes to patient health, comfort and care. You're in good hands with Dr.G! He's extremely informed and patient and seems quite up-to-date in his field, he exceeded my expectations in every way.
Book him!
Dr G is extremely warm and sweet
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nursing staff needs work. Protocols were not explained adequately and getting written instructions was a problem. The insistence upon using the app was not pleasing to me. One nurse however was extraordinary >>> VALERIE. Her instructions and calls were thorough. Thank you Valerie.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I would recommend Extend strongly due to the Excellent staff, the office staff are very lovely as are the girls who draw blood and perform ultrasounds. I always felt comfortable with them and i appreciate their kind demeanor.

2020, Consult
The doctor [Dr. Michael Guarnaccia] listened to my concerns regarding a prior existing health situation and kept good contact with me and my many follow-up questions. When the pandemic hit, altering plans, he called me personally to discuss options...I have a complex medical history and felt like I was carefully listened to...
Extend Fertility has set pricing, which appears on their website. There are no hidden fees. Egg freezing is $6,500 plus the cost of meds and storage...I did a lot of shopping around for the right clinic, and the transparency of Extend Fertility couldn't be beat. I felt more confident moving forward knowing there were no stones left unturned. Their response rate is 100% and very fast.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
The doctor listened to my concerns regarding a prior existing health situation and kept good contact with me and my many follow-up questions. When the pandemic hit, altering plans, he called me personally to discuss options.
Dr. Guarnaccia and his staff are committed to making the process transparent.
I have a complex medical history and felt like I was carefully listened to.
We are hoping to start my cycle later this month, as my fertility preservation has been deemed medically necessary.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
I had many questions and they were all answered promptly.

2018, 16 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Guarnaccia took the time to explain the process to me every step of the way. He thoughtfully answered my questions throughout my stimulation and made sure I understood exactly why he made the decisions that he did regarding my dosage...is extremely knowledgable and kind. I felt like he really understood and cared how I felt throughout the process and he took the time to answer every question big or small. I would (and have!) recommend Dr. G to friends.
Although Dr. G[uarnaccia] was my main doctor, I did also meet Dr. Klein and Dr. Maslow through an egg freezing 101. I found them all to be equally knowledgable and passionate about helping their patients. The staff at Extend is thoughtful and very helpful. They make this process simple and even enjoyable...My starting protocol was 225iu of Follistim and 2 vials of Menopur with a Lupron trigger...
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr. G is extremely knowledgable and kind. I felt like he really understood and cared how I felt throughout the process and he took the time to answer every question big or small. I would (and have!) recommend Dr. G to friends.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Although Dr. G was my main doctor, I did also meet Dr. Klein and Dr. Maslow through an egg freezing 101. I found them all to be equally knowledgable and passionate about helping their patients. The staff at Extend is thoughtful and very helpful. They make this process simple and even enjoyable.