6.9

Michael Hickey works at

121 North Elm Street
Hinsdale, IL 60521
630-856-3535

He [Dr. Michael Hickey] remembers every aspect of our journey. He is always there when we have any questions. He is readily available when we need him. We are not just a number to him. We are his patients... is so compassionate. He takes all the time the situation needs. He does not run you out of the office simply bc you’re past your appointment time...I know he truly cares for us and wants us to get pregnant. He kindly listens to any concerns or questions and helps find answers.
They [Hinsdale Center for Reproduction] are amazing and I wouldn’t trust anyone else on this journey...This clinic is very small, which is a strength for me. Everyone knows me by name and knows our journey. They are an old school office, which some might not like, but I love. They don’t have the newest and greatest technology, but that’s what Dr. Hickey wants and is best at! Their communication is what made me fall in love with them from the beginning.
How was your experience with Michael Hickey at Hinsdale Center for Reproduction?
Dr. Hickey is so compassionate. He takes all the time the situation needs. He does not run you out of the office simply bc you’re past your appointment time. He knows every aspect of our journey and treats it as though it were his own. I never feel like just a number to him. I know he truly cares for us and wants us to get pregnant. He kindly listens to any concerns or questions and helps find answers.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Hickey at Hinsdale Center for Reproduction?
He’s very conservative in his approach. He loves what he does and is extremely passionate. He will not rush your treatment. Expect to take time to get to the bottom of the situation, but every inch will be covered. You will be in good hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Hickey at Hinsdale Center for Reproduction?
He remembers every aspect of our journey. He is always there when we have any questions. He is readily available when we need him. We are not just a number to him. We are his patients.
Describe the protocols Michael Hickey used in your cycles at Hinsdale Center for Reproduction and their degree of success.
I had all of the testing at a previous location. He was not satisfied with th results of a test and requested I do it again. His instinct was correct and the testing resulted in a finding that was not found before. He does the IUI’s, the surgeries, IVF. He makes sure you’re in prime condition to procede with procedure. He will not simply keep going if there is a problem like other doctors will/do.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Hinsdale Center for Reproduction.
The nursing staff is great! They go above and beyond when providing results by suggesting routes that can improve results. They are kind and compassionate. Always ready for my million questions and never seem annoyed.
Describe your experience with Hinsdale Center for Reproduction.
This clinic is very small, which is a strength for me. Everyone knows me by name and knows our journey. They are an old school office, which some might not like, but I love. They don’t have the newest and greatest technology, but that’s what Dr. Hickey wants and is best at! Their communication is what made me fall in love with them from the beginning. They will answer via email even on weekends. They are amazing and I wouldn’t trust anyone else on this journey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Hickey at Hinsdale Center for Reproduction.
They do their best to capture anything they can that insurance will cover. They are expensive for things that are not covered, but in my opinion, it is worth it.
What specific things went wrong at Hinsdale Center for Reproduction?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Hinsdale Center for Reproduction.
The only downfall was that we went in for an IUI on a Saturday and was greeted by a doctor we had not meant. She was amazing, just caught me off guard and made me a little nervous.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Hickey is fantastic. I felt that I wasn't a number--he really made me feel comfortable, ensured that I knew all of my treatment options, presented information in multiple ways to ensure that I understood everything, and is really a master of his subject. When you are dealing with him--you understand that you are dealing with someone with a very high level of understanding of different ways to deal with fertility challenges. He also worked with me to make sure that I could continue (as much of) my life as normal--so I didn't feel like a robot. He is very compassionate, and has a great bedside manner. He is outstanding--I highly recommend him and his team.
The clinic [Hinsdale Center for Reproduction] runs like a well-oiled machine. Victoria is outstanding at helping you manage the appointment, billing, and pharmaceutical components. The clinic itself has everything required on-site--and if you need to go elsewhere, they are attached to Hinsdale hospital, so if you had to go somewhere--you'd go to Hinsdale. The clinic is clean and inviting, and it is easy to park....Dr. Hickey is fantastic. I felt that I wasn't a number--he really made me feel comfortable, ensured that I knew all of my treatment options, presented information in multiple ways to ensure that I understood everything, and is really a master of his subject. When you are dealing with him--you understand that you are dealing with someone with a very high level of understanding of different ways to deal with fertility challenges. He also worked with me to
Do not be afraid to ask questions, or communicate what is important to you. Dr. Hickey will work with you to make sure you understand everything and will work to make sure you are able to continue as much of your life as possible during the whole process.
Dr. Hickey and his team were very sensitive during the entire process. Dr. Hickey is very thorough with the information provided, and he really goes above and beyond to ensure that you understand your treatment options. He works with you to make you feel like a human during the process. His team of nurses are outstanding, and his administrative team is fantastic. The communication quality and quantity was on-point.
There are four different nurses that you may work with during your fertility journey...and they are all outstanding. Even though one may assist in your care for one appointment--and another nurse for another appointment--everyone is aware of where you are in the process, and you don't feel like there are "hand offs." They are very compassionate and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Hinsdale Center for Reproduction.
The clinic runs like a well-oiled machine. Victoria is outstanding at helping you manage the appointment, billing, and pharmaceutical components. The clinic itself has everything required on-site--and if you need to go elsewhere, they are attached to Hinsdale hospital, so if you had to go somewhere--you'd go to Hinsdale. The clinic is clean and inviting, and it is easy to park.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
[Dr Hickey] is obviously very knowledgeable and takes the time to make sure you understand the science behind what is happening (or not as the case may be!). We felt very secure under his care. In the end - he gave us the counsel we needed - to pursue donor eggs - so we did. That meant leaving his practice (they don't do donor eggs)...
Dr Hickeys staff is amazing - they go out of their way to accommodate and make the process as easy as possible. They answer the phone, they are easy to communicate with (they do a lot over email, which is great) and they truly care!
Dr Hickey is so very personable - he is obviously very knowledgeable and takes the time to make sure you understand the science behind what is happening (or not as the case may be!). We felt very secure under his care. In the end - he gave us the counsel we needed - to pursue donor eggs - so we did. That meant leaving his practice (they don't do donor eggs), but it was the best decision for us.
Don't delay, go see him right away!
They knew me as a person and we're all very personally focused on my care
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Hinsdale Center for Reproduction.
Easy and convenient
2500 deductible

2008 - 2015, Successful
Don't take his [Dr Hickey's] soft spoken side as a sign of incompetence...He was always so supportive and kind. He was reassuring during procedures and hopeful along with me for positive results
[Hinsdale Center for Reproduction has] a great team to work with! They treat you like family and work to resolve insurance issues with and for you. They were flexible with appointments and got you in and out of the office in a timely manner...It is an old building but it is nicely hidden in an area where you aren't colliding with the hospital traffic even though it's connected to the hospital.
Don't take his soft spoken side as a sign of incompetence
Bedside manner was so kind. Very individualized care
Because I had unexplained infertility and was not successful after many iui attempts, he advised IVF with a maximum of 2 transferred. I had multiples both times I had IVF with two Embryos transferred
Describe your experience with your nurse at Hinsdale Center for Reproduction. (Assigned nurse: Victoria Jones)
A great team to work with! They treat you like family and work to resolve insurance issues with and for you. They were flexible with appointments and got you in and out of the office in a timely manner
Describe your experience with Hinsdale Center for Reproduction.
Covered by insurance after 2500 deductible.