Medical SchoolU. of Arizona
San Diego, CA 92108
Temecula
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Kettel to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend San Diego Fertility Center to a friend?
Dr. Kettle is very kind and compassionate. He gets to the point and goes over all of the details in a matter of fact way which I appreciate. He was honest with us and I felt very comfortable. I don't think he laid out the possible negative outcomes as much as I had hoped. We did feel blindsided when our IVF resulted in 0 viable embryos. We didn't discuss that possibility prior to treatment.... Round 1 of IVF was menopur and gonal F standard protocol. We had 15 follicles and 8 mature eggs.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Ask a lot of questions and have them written out before your appointments. Go over the treatment plan and ask about the best and worst possible outcome so you know what to expect no matter what happens.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
The office is very kind and friendly. All the nurses know me by name and ask how I am doing. I never felt like a number, and I always felt like a patient.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Round 1 of IVF was menopur and gonal F standard protocol. We had 15 follicles and 8 mature eggs. All fertilized, but only 3 made it to blastocysts. All 3 went through PGS testing and came back abnormal. Round 2 we increased meds and had more thorough semen analysis done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danielle and Megan)
Megan is amazing; she has the most positive attitude and is always looking on the bright side of the situation. Danielle is so understanding and asks about how I was doing along the process. They were both so amazing to work with.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The strengths include the friendly staff and organized manner of how the clinic operates. Our biggest weakness is that we were not prepared for bad news or negative outcomes. We felt very blindsided when our first round of IVF didn't work. We are in the middle of round 2 and are more hopeful, but also more prepared for different outcomes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
$13,500 for an IVF cycle (medication not included)
SD - Mission Valley
7 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Kettel] was immediately warm and friendly and unimposed by our questions and fears! It felt like we were his only patient!On a day where we were full of anxiety and excitement at the same time, the day of our transfer, he was unbelievably kind and warm! For example, he knew that we had never gotten as far as an embryo transfer due to my egg quality, and immediately following the transfer of the embryo, he looked in my eyes and very sincerely said congratulations! I cried of course! He made it very personal like he understood!...
7 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Go in with high expectations because they will be met!
This doctor was Honestly unlike any doctor we have ever Matt especially in the infertility world! He was immediately warm and friendly and unimposed by our questions and fears! It felt like we were his only patient!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Miller)
You could tell that the kindness and warmth really trickle down from the doctors to the staff! But as most people know the person you have contact with on a regular basis is your nurse. She was amazing! For example in her communication with me she often took time to acknowledge my fears and reassure me! This is definitely not been the case with most of my clinics that we're mostly sterile and their communication as if I was a checklist. Then when we finally got the results of a positive pregnancy through blood work results, she encouraged me to take a pregnancy test. I asked her why since I knew the blood test was superior. She said because I deserved to see a positive sign! Wow! I'll never forget that! She was so sweet! I took a picture of the positive test an emailed it to her thanking her for encouraging me to do that!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Frankie, is the name of the person who answers the phone sometimes. She is so sweet! Whenever I told her who was whether she remembered or not she acted like she remembered who I was and was so kind and made me laugh! I never felt rushed with any of their staff! My husband and I were blown away on our first visit that they scheduled us to meet with the manager of each department that would be handling our treatment. We had never met with an embryologist before! She answered all her questions like how do you store the leftover embryos. Before she left the room she sincerely said that she was going to take really good care of us and our embryos! I believed her! And they did!
They were very discreet and professional
SD - Carmel Valley
Dr Kettel took the time to review my case and clearly considered my specific situation when giving his recommendations.... He gave me a thorough exam and consultation for our subsequent FET cycle, and was very amenable to working with my old clinic where my remaining embryos are located. I have only been there twice (once to see Dr Kettel and once for an SHG, which a tech did), but the clinic is really on the ball and great with communication.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I came to SDFC as a new patient after having my first IVF baby at another clinic across the country and then moving to San Diego. My former RE recommended Dr Kettel, and I have been pleased with him and SDFC so far. He gave me a thorough exam and consultation for our subsequent FET cycle, and was very amenable to working with my old clinic where my remaining embryos are located. I have only been there twice (once to see Dr Kettel and once for an SHG, which a tech did), but the clinic is really on the ball and great with communication.
Have a list of questions ready to ask him.
We have not done a cycle yet, but he agreed to do whatever my former clinic wants, which is estrogen patches and crinone gel for a FET cycle.
Everyone at SDFC has been great!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and beautiful, the staff are friendly, and their communication is great. They have gotten me into appointments really quickly and respond to emails and phone calls right away. I have not had any issues with anyone at this clinic so far.
I have only had two appointments - the appointment with Dr Kettel was a $50 copay, and my SHG was around $300.
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We would only ever do eSET with our PGS tested embryos, so I did not have this discussion with Dr Kettel.
2006 - 2011
IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Doctor cared about me and my future children. Goal was to get pregnant and as as patient, I was willing to do whatever it took to get there. Doctor was very transparent...Dr. Kettel started with not as intensive treatments but adjusted protocol as needed based on results and age...Tammy was my saving grace. She brought the reality into the picture and was very compassionate and caring.
2006 - 2011
IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Doctor is pioneer, experienced with excellent results. Doctor has a great team of staff to assist every step of the way, who are excellent caregivers. SD Fertility Center is the only place I would go, they know me and the best care to achieve results.
Dr. Michael Kettel has great outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very pleasant, organized with appointments, accessible when needed, very caring and treated patients with great confidentiality. I felt the staff genuinely cared about me and my future children and were great cheerleaders. I felt like they were family.
I was always provided a quote for expected treatment. They contacted insurance company as needed. Offered several options for payment. At times, did not keep track of billing and notify in a timely manner what was owed.
Dr. Kettel discussed strategies when it came time to decide on multiple embryos. Very open and honest.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr Kettle is very detailed oriented and professional. I would recommend him to anyone. He explains all issues to you so it may be easy to understand. He makes sure to address all questions and concerns. He has amazing follow up. He is an excellent listener.... Dr. Kettle was interested in my background and gave me a thorough explanation of my diagnosis. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Kettle is a professional and truly cares for his patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette )
Annette was the most amamzing nurse. She has the best follow up and will always try to find the answer. I love her!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is by far the best clinic in San Diego. Great follow up and follow through. They have the best nurses and staff. The seminars are so informative. The facility if very high tech, clean, and modern.
Costs of pgs labs retrieval and transfer. Plus meds.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
We were always treated with respect and never given false hope. Dr. Kettel always took the time to explain things to us, even multiple times if needed. He was very realistic about our chances and let us know what our options were at all times.... Dr. Kettel used a fairly aggressive dose of medication due to my age. He opted in most cycles to freeze all then transfer.... In the beginning we only transferred two, as Dr. Kettel was conservative. Last few cycles we transferred 3 or 4 each time.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I would tell anyone going through fertility treatments that it may take more than one cycle to produce a baby.
Dr. Kettel always took the time to answer our questions and explained things thoroughly.
Dr. Kettel used a fairly aggressive dose of medication due to my age. He opted in most cycles to freeze all then transfer. I also required anesthesia for all transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette)
Annette was wonderful .
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Clinic staff was wonderful amd they always had flexible appointments available. The PA Kristin was amazing and so down to earth. Del Mar Surgert Center was also very good. Overall I felt this was a great place to receive treatment even before i was able to get pregnant.
I had some insurance coverage but had to pay out of pocket too
2009 - 2014
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Doctor would call and do my consults by phone since I had over a 2 hour drive to his office
2009 - 2014
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
He had great bedside manner. Seemed to genuinely care about helping us become parents.
It's normal once treatment starts that you no longer see the dr at each visit.... Which is fine because the staff are awesome and knowledgeable
They always greeted me by my name when I walked in and we're all friendly. Doctor would call and do my consults by phone since I hD over a 2 hour drive to his office
Aggressive protocol due to being age 42. Used Bravelle and Menopure twice a day
She was efficient and had a great personality
We did a program they had where I could do two cycles using my own eggs then transfer to a guaranteed donor egg cycle. It seems like it ended up being approximately 50k
Temecula
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I could not be happier with my care by Dr. Kettel. He is warm, compassionate, and honest. He has a great bedside manner and is extremely intelligent. I trust him 100% and highly recommend him!
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I was always treated like one of the family! My care could not have been better at SDFC!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Christensen)
She was so warm and caring! Gave us a hug when meeting us and was so timely and open in all communication!