9.8

10777 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211
913-588-2229

Treated 2018 - 2020
Dr. Lydic always made sure we knew that he was thinking of us, and taking care of us. There were multiple times that he would call me personally, after hours, to check in. ... Dr Lydic was compassionate and caring. There were multiple times that a cycle would get cancelled for various reasons and he made sure to call me personally to see how I was dealing with the news. We lost identical twins at almost 20 weeks and he called a few weeks out to discuss what happened and ask how we were holding up. He communicated procedures thoroughly and answered questions with ease.
The nursing staff at KU med is incredible. They were all so kind and were supportive through every process. They communicated quickly and thoroughly, and always showed compassion. There is a huge spot in my heart for a certain ultrasound tech there, I believe her name was Allie. She showed an emotional attachment to our journey and laughed and cried with us. There is literally nothing negative I could say about the nursing team.
How was your experience with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Know that a lot of your communication will be with nurses, but that does not mean your doctor doesn’t care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Michael Lydic used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We underwent three IUIs, which all resulted in negative pregnancy tests. When we first consulted with Dr Lydic I had expressed that I only wanted to do three IUIs before moving on to IVF and he agreed that that was a good plan. I started a stimulation cycle with global-f but was not responding to medications so we decided to cancel and try again at a higher dosage. This was successful and we had a retrieval resulting in 11 embryos, which we did not PGS test. We started a frozen transfer cycle with estrogen patches but it was canceled due to a small cyst on the lining of my uterus. The second round be switched to estradiol tablets and PIO, which was successful. We transferred one frozen day 5 embryo, which successfully implanted and split into identical twins. We found out at 12 weeks that one of the twins had a bladder outlet obstruction and at 19+4 we found that neither boy had heartbeats. I was induced and they were born the next morning.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is well run. Every member of the staff I have met was full of love and empathy, and were there to hold your hand through really tough waters. Something I did not enjoy was that the main form of communication is through an online portal, so urgent matters can sometimes be lost.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
For our IUIs and retrieval we had insurance coverage, and everything was a breeze. For our transfer we paid out of pocket and it was a solid 2500, which covered monitoring ultrasounds, transfer, bloodwork and pregnancy ultrasound
Describe Michael Lydic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Lydic mentioned they preferred to only transfer one embryo unless there were underlying factors like age or recurrent loss.
Overland Park

The nurses [at KS University Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] are all very kind and understanding, but they are also very well informed when it comes to questions I have or concerns that have to do with me. They know how to answer questions specific to me.... All clean, friendly staff, easy in and out. They seem just as compassionate as the nurses and Dr. Lydic. I have seen them help out with other patients young children and it is nice to have a staff there who cares.
Dr. Lydic always explains everything that’s going on in my body with the utmost care and intelligence. He provided me with expectations, risks, and hopes as a result of the treatments or process. I loved that he would draw pictures to explain everything, giving me a better visual understanding of what was going on in my body.
Make sure to ask clarifying questions if needed!
Dr. Lydic is very caring and aware of what is going on in my life and in my health. When I first started seeing him, he would call me just to check in.
When I first saw Dr. Lydic, I was referred because of irregular periods and pain. He explained what possible causes were and treatments for each possible cause. I ended up having a 7.5 cm cyst on one ovary and 3.5 cyst on the other. Before we began fertility treatments, he wanted to watch those to make sure they didn’t turn into anything. I ended up with a positive pregnancy test and at my first ultrasound found out it was ectopic. I went in for immediate surgery after speaking with Dr. Lydic, who was very compassionate and informational, and since then have began fertility treatment with Letrozole. I do not know what the results are as it is too early to tell, but have faith that he will stop at no end to help me get the results I want from my fertility journey.
The nurses are all very kind and understanding, but they are also very well informed when it comes to questions I have or concerns that have to do with me. They know how to answer questions specific to me.
I don’t remember different components, but my treatments have been very cost efficient and it has been easy to work out payment plans with KU hospital billing.
Overland Park
Dr. Lydic was so kind and respectful of my faith and my concerns. He always put my comfort first, and reassured my understanding every step of the way. He even drew me a diagram to give me a visual understanding of the process....Dr. Lydic did bloodwork and discovered I needed a thyroid medication. I had been to several other doctors and that was never discovered. He then gave options for IUI with Femera and ovidrel trigger shot, or IVF. We decided on IUI, which we proceeded with 3 times, but with no success.
They [KS U Ctr for Adv Repro Med] are timely, informative, and friendly. I can't say enough positive things about this clinic. I never had any negative situation from the time I checked in, to the time I left....The nursing staff was incredible. They performed the insemination and made me comfortable each time. They were caring and compassionate anytime I called with questions and I never felt like "just another patient" to them.
Dr. Lydic gives great detail which is incredibly helpful but in the moment you may feel overwhelmed. Don't be afraid to ask him to write it down for you, and don't hesitate to ask questions. He is patient and understanding of the emotions that go along with this process.
Dr. Lydic was respectful of all the questions I had, and went to great lengths to ensure I understood the process and felt comfortable.
Dr. Lydic did bloodwork and discovered I needed a thyroid medication. I had been to several other doctors and that was never discovered. He then gave options for IUI with Femera and ovidrel trigger shot, or IVF. We decided on IUI, which we proceeded with 3 times, but with no success. We went back for an appointment to discuss IVF in greater detail. He answered all the questions we had, and eased my doubt! Finances are now the only thing stopping us from continuing with the IVF process.
They are timely, informative, and friendly. I can't say enough positive things about this clinic. I never had any negative situation from the time I checked in, to the time I left. The first visit I had, I knew I had phone he doctor I would continue to see until I had a successful pregnancy!
We had the direct cost of lab for sperm washing and the artificial insemination, as well as the follicle check ultrasounds. In addition we paid for the medications and trigger shots in full to a specialty pharmacy.
Dr. Lydic does single embryo transfer. He believes it is the safest for the baby and the mom. He explained the genetic testing that is available and with that, finds no need to transfer more than one embryo at a time because the quality of the embryo is more certain with the testing.
Treated 2017 - 2018
We did 4 IUIs with Letrozole [with Dr. Michael Lydic] which we unfortunately unsuccessful. My husband has low volume, so the thought was that IUI would help get the sperm where it was needed. After that we decided to go with IVF. We medicated with Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. We were able to retrieve 22 eggs, and using ICSI we had 7 embryos make it to day 5. We did a fresh transfer with 1 embryo that was unsuccessful. After that we did a FET with vaginal estrace and progesterone in oil. We transferred 1 embryo that was again unsuccessful. We are now doing an ERA test, and hopefully a second FET.
The clinic [KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] was very well organized. In general, you did not have very long waits. Sometimes earlier in the week, you might have a longer wait, due to everyone playing catch up from the weekend. The receptionist and front desk staff were friendly and genuinely caring about what is going on with the patients... The nurses were all very friendly. You could tell that they really wanted the treatments to succeed. They explained things well, and were good about communicating test results, etc.
Dr Lydic is very warm and caring. He spent 45+ minutes with me during our consultations to explain in great depth the process and go over my test results. He also likes to draw out pictures to help explain things which is very helpful. On multiple occasions, Dr. Lydic called me to discuss what was going on in my treatment, and even called after I moved out of state to check on me. He is very knowledgeable and willing to listen to your questions and concerns.
Tell him all of your concerns. Don't be afraid to ask all the questions you want. He is very good with explanations and listening.
Dr. Lydic really knew who I was. He didn't just treat me like a test or a diagnosis. He knew what was going on in our lives. He tailored treatment to me and my situation.
We did 4 IUIs with Letrozole which we unfortunately unsuccessful. My husband has low volume, so the thought was that IUI would help get the sperm where it was needed. After that we decided to go with IVF. We medicated with Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. We were able to retrieve 22 eggs, and using ICSI we had 7 embryos make it to day 5. We did a fresh transfer with 1 embryo that was unsuccessful. After that we did a FET with vaginal estrace and progesterone in oil. We transferred 1 embryo that was again unsuccessful. We are now doing an ERA test, and hopefully a second FET.
The clinic was very well organized. In general, you did not have very long waits. Sometimes earlier in the week, you might have a longer wait, due to everyone playing catch up from the weekend. The receptionist and front desk staff were friendly and genuinely caring about what is going on with the patients.
IUIs were $600 plus medication, and IVF was $11,000 plus medication.
Dr. Lydic was strongly for single embryo transfer. He stated that the risk of multiples was so much higher that it outweighed the possible slightly higher success rate of transferring multiple embryos.
Overland Park
Dr. Lydic has a great bedside manner and always makes time for questions during office appointments. ...Dr. Lydic is very personable and really seems to care about his patients. I have had him paged after hours and he responded very quickly. He makes time for me during my office visits and explains everything very clearly. ...3 cycles of timed intercourse- neg 2 cycles with 2.5 Letrozole, 1 w/ HCG trigger and 1 w/o- neg 1 IUI w/ 5.0 Letrozole and HCG trigger - neg
The nurses do not take phone calls, only emails. ... The clinic appointments [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] are always on time and the receptionist at check in is very sweet. ... When I would need to have my labs drawn outside of the clinic the orders were rarely in the system. ... In person, I was given the incorrect test results and had to return to the clinic the next day for the correct information. ...
When choosing him you are essentially choosing a clinic where you rarely talk to a person. Pretty much all communication is done through a website app. and you rarely get a phone call about labs/tests. Although he is a great doctor, the circumstances/clinic around him are the drawback.
Dr. Lydic has a great bedside manner and always makes time for questions during office appointments. Unfortunately, his nursing staff made me feel like a number and part of a cookie cutter fertility protocol that is one size fits all.
The nurses do not take phone calls, only emails. I have to sometimes send 4-5 emails just to get a clear answer to a question. Most of the time my questions are dismissed completely. I generally end up making an office appointment after dealing with the nurses just to get legitimate answers. The nurses make me feel as though I have the same rubber stamped planned as the other patients.
The clinic appointments are always on time and the receptionist at check in is very sweet. The clinic has fairly good business hours and I can usually get an appointment within a reasonable amount of time. Lab is onsite at one clinic location.
Each IUI is $600 not including meds. Insurance doesn't cover the HCG trigger shot and it runs about $100.
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
When I would need to have my labs drawn outside of the clinic the orders were rarely in the system. I asked two separate nurses to follow up regarding a lab I needed drawn. Neither of them spoke with the doctor about ordering the lab. I had to make another office appointment just to speak with him about it. In person, I was given the incorrect test results and had to return to the clinic the next day for the correct information.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Lydic really takes the time to listen to what my goals and expectations are. If he has other thoughts he voices them. He allows me to control the path of my journey. I'm ready for IVF and he is very supportive of my decision and desire to have a child.... Strengths: listens to what I expect out of my infertility journey. Good communication with staff. Prompt return phone calls. When I request an appoint he is always willing and able to listen, even if it's just a bitch session and complaining how expensive this all is. Weakness: telling me what plans B and C are of my plan A doesn't work out.
They [the nursing staff at KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] were my shoulder to cry on when my IUI cycles failed. And when my insurance changes and my medications were $500.... Strengths: listens to what I expect out of my infertility journey. Good communication with staff. Prompt return phone calls. When I request an appoint he is always willing and able to listen, even if it's just a bitch session and complaining how expensive this all is. Weakness: telling me what plans B and C are of my plan A doesn't work out.
Don't go in having one plan. Listen to the doctor and come to a course of action you all are comfortable with.
They were my shoulder to cry on when my IUI cycles failed. And when my insurance changes and my medications were $500.
IUI was $500 each Meds around $1200