3.9

10777 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211
913-588-2229

2021, Successful
Dr Lydic was actually great as far as treatment and getting us a a successful IUI. We did rarely see him in person only my first appointment and I had a appointment scheduled for IVF...He did communicate after every IUI on the portal . I do wish the communication with him was more...My partner loved him because he said he gave him hope and still let us try the IUI with the low sperm count . He just increased my meds to make sure I produced a lot eggs.
I had different [Kansas U Center] nurses each time I did have to complain once for being in the waiting room to long for an IUI and feeling being of rushed on my second IUI however the issue was corrected IMMEDIATELY...A lot of times we did have to ask about the next steps and what was going on being that we’ve never done it before...Weaknesses is the communication is all thur a portal you barely talk to somebody direct unless you go in for your ultrasounds and IUI/IVF. They don’t hound you on payments .
How was your experience with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Lydic was actually great as far as treatment and getting us a a successful IUI. We did rarely see him in person only my first appointment and I had a appointment scheduled for IVF ( if my last IUI cycle was a bust) however I never needed the IVF. He did communicate after every IUI on the portal . I do wish the communication with him was more. He has a demeanor where you can’t read him lol but he was absolutely great with giving us options and not just telling us no way like a previous doctor did at this same clinic. My partner loved him because he said he gave him hope and still let us try the IUI with the low sperm count . He just increased my meds to make sure I produced a lot eggs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Just be patient . It gets tiresome and upsetting when you want something so bad and it’s not happening. Now I look back those 4 cycles I did was only 4 months but it felt like a year. I didn’t feel like a paying patient with Dr.lydic but I felt like a person who just wanted children he definitely understand his job and does it really well to get the best outcome
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Well the nurses that we saw majority of the time were always so upbeat and positive. It gave me great hope it would happen regardless of the past negative cycles.
Describe the protocols Michael Lydic used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
So each cycle Once ovulation days were near I had a ultrasound to determine the quality of the eggs then I was put on a 4 day Letrozole pill (which he increased dosage amount each cycle ) to produce more eggs . Then another ultrasound for a mature eggs a couple of days then an ovidrel shot which produced ovulation given at home the night of the ultrasound within 48 hours of the shot being taken we had to go in for the IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sara Hagen)
So before I had Sara I had different nurses each time I did have to complain once for being in the waiting room to long for an IUI and feeling being of rushed on my second IUI however the issue was corrected IMMEDIATELY. Since then it was no issues
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
You don’t get to see the doctor a lot you deal with more of the nurses. Some nurses are there for a check and some are pretty good at they do and can tell they love what they do . A lot of times we did have to ask about the next steps and what was going on being that we’ve never done it before . But after the first cycle you pretty much get it . Weaknesses is the communication is all thur a portal you barely talk to somebody direct unless you go in for your ultrasounds and IUI/IVF. They don’t hound you on payments .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
About 1600 out of pocket after insurance which my insurance covered fertility once I hit my deductible so most of the cost was hitting my deductible
Describe Michael Lydic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
He does not like to do multiple embryo transfer from my IVF appointment which I didn’t need

2020 - 2021, Successful
We loved that he [Dr. Lydic] would draw out diagrams to describe certain processes with us. We did have a couple set backs during our IVF process and needed surgery to remove some scar tissue and he explained the importance of each step. We really only saw him in person twice during our care, a couple times on zoom, but he called us quite a bit during everything our whole process so we never felt like it was hard to communicate with him...
The office [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] ran very efficiently for monitoring appointments. Occasionally we have to wait 10-15 minutes to be seen but no longer...The only issue we had was once during an iui the nurse didn’t tell financial office to send in a prior authorization when they made the appointment. Luckily, finance office caught it and took care of it so it was still covered by insurance. The only other issue we ever had was couple times it took them a bit to respond to emails but that rarely was an issue for us...
Dr. Lydic never once tested us like just a number at the clinic to collect money from. He took his time talking to us for 45+ minutes for each consultation and never rushed us. He answered every question we had and put our mi day at ease. We loved that he would draw out diagrams to describe certain processes with us. We did have a couple set backs during our IVF process and needed surgery to remove some scar tissue and he explained the importance of each step. We really only saw him in person twice during our care, a couple times on zoom, but he called us quite a bit during everything our whole process so we never felt like it was hard to communicate with him.
Be patient with the process because it can be slow. Ask him any questions you have because he doesn’t kind answering your questions or explaining things more to you. Some people complained that the doctors are hard to get ahold of but anytime we wanted to talk to him, we just emailed the nurse in the portal asking to talk to him and he always called us in a timely manner. Also, don’t forget to advocate for yourself. Dr Lydic was very caring but we really pushed for what we thought was right for us.
Dr. Lydic is a very personable doctor. He took the time to answer any questions I had and go over every scenario with my husband and I. He called frequently during our iui’s and IVF process to check in on us and ask if we had any more questions come up.
We started with 4 iui’s. Two were with letrozol and two with clomid (all of which included trigger shots). For IVF, we did an egg retrieval, surgery to remove scar tissue from uterus while embryos were being genetically tested and then 2 frozen embryos transfers because our first failed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
We loved the nurses. Every time we came in they always checked on us to see how we had been, if we were feeling ok and if we had any questions. They were always invested in our process and excited for us and with us.
They were all very nice and compassionate. We really liked how optimistic and hopeful they are. This process can be so draining that’s it’s nice to have them always so positive and reassuring every time we came in. The only issue we had was once during an iui the nurse didn’t tell financial office to send in a prior authorization when they made the appointment. Luckily, finance office caught it and took care of it so it was still covered by insurance. The only other issue we ever had was couple times it took them a bit to respond to emails but that rarely was an issue for us.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
The office ran very efficiently for monitoring appointments. Occasionally we have to wait 10-15 minutes to be seen but no longer. For our schedule, we generally chose to come in first thing in the morning or as early as we could and it was no issue. Only once they had an issue finding a lab form in order for me to do my labs for monitoring but it was quickly figured out.
We were lucky when it came to our iui’s that we had some insurance coverage. We paid a little for each medication we took (letrozol and clomid) and about $100/trigger shot. Our ultrasounds and labs were all covered and each iui cost us about $250 total for the procedure and medicine. IVF was all out of pocket for us. Since we chose to do genetic testing, the up front cost was $13,750 at our first appointment, medications were another approximate $3000 (we did apply for compassionate care program through the pharmacy for a small discount and that number was AFTER the discount) and another $3000 for the second transfer and medications.
He really pushed for us to only transfer one embryo at al time initially based on the risks and complications pregnancy and birth can be for multiple. We talked to him though that our goal was to only do 2 frozen transfers and we really wanted to transfer one and then if necessary for a 2nd FET then go transfer 2. He agreed and after egg retrieval we only had 3 genetically normal embryos and it worked out that we transferred one for a failed cycle and then transferred our last 2 ams are currently pregnant with one baby.

2020, Unsuccessful
In the 3.5 months that I was a patient of Dr Lydic, I only saw him once (and it wasn’t in person but via telehealth). All communication was with the RN or once, the NP...Due to COVID, our initial meeting with the physician was via TH. He had a PowerPoint that seemed generic but provided a baseline understanding of options. I was instructed to come to the clinic for an initial ultrasound and lab work...I received a notification via the app (the primary way the clinic communicates) that an additional lab was ordered...I messaged the nurses (messaging the doctor isn’t an option on the app), and asked for insight. The message I received back from the RN was the plan for another IUI cycle. There was no regard for my request, simply a med plan for a second IUI cycle.
the practice [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is so poorly managed and communication is terrible...After a failed medicated cycle and IUI, I messaged the nurses (messaging the doctor isn’t an option on the app), and asked for insight. The message I received back from the RN was the plan for another IUI cycle. There was no regard for my request, simply a med plan for a second IUI cycle. In reviewing the cycle, there was a med I had never heard of added. Because in the initial meeting (which for the record, was the only time we communicated with the physician in the 3.5 months we utilized the practice), the doctor had never mentioned this med, I sent a message and asked if I could get a call to get clarity. I wanted to understand what the med does, why it was ordered, and any side effects I should be aware of. I am a RN so I didn’t think it was too much to ask to receive ba
In the 3.5 months that I was a patient of Dr Lydic, I only saw him once (and it wasn’t in person but via telehealth). All communication was with the RN or once, the NP. Thus, it is difficult to rate him however, I was very disappointed with the practice as a whole.
Unfortunately, I would not recommend Dr Lydic because the practice is so poorly managed and communication is terrible.
I only had one encounter with Dr Lydic and it was via telehealth. Given, it is hard to review him. My main concerns were secondary to the practice itself.
Difficult to reach as had to communicate via an app. Often not able to answer my questions.
In the face of “unexplained infertility”, I looked at multiple practices in the KC for guidance. Ultimately, KU was able to get us in the quickest. My husband works for KU so we both felt confident in the institution. Due to COVID, our initial meeting with the physician was via TH. He had a PowerPoint that seemed generic but provided a baseline understanding of options. I was instructed to come to the clinic for an initial ultrasound and lab work. I completed the US and was waiting to get my labs drawn when I received a notification via the app (the primary way the clinic communicates) that an additional lab was ordered. I asked the sonographer and the lab personal as to why but neither were able to provide insight. I was instructed to message the nurses via the app…I WAS SITTING IN THE CLINIC! I should have known then that communication was going to be a challenge but again, my husband works for KU and we think highly of the institution. After a failed medicated cycle and IUI, I messaged the nurses (messaging the doctor isn’t an option on the app), and asked for insight. The message I received back from the RN was the plan for another IUI cycle. There was no regard for my request, simply a med plan for a second IUI cycle. In reviewing the cycle, there was a med I had never heard of added. Because in the initial meeting (which for the record, was the only time we communicated with the physician in the 3.5 months we utilized the practice), the doctor had never mentioned this med, I sent a message and asked if I could get a call to get clarity. I wanted to understand what the med does, why it was ordered, and any side effects I should be aware of. I am a RN so I didn’t think it was too much to ask to receive basic education regarding a medication. When the RN called, she sounded annoyed. I understand it was a Sunday. I too was on-call for my nursing job so, I understand that it can interfere with one’s personal life but, that comes with being on-call. The nurse did explain what the medication does but when I asked why it was prescribed (did you notice something last cycle that indicated this med should be added or, is it is just the next medication in the toolbox), the nurse responded “it’s just what the doctor ordered.” I understand the essence of unexplained infertility, but I think it is a patients prerogative to understand why, even if the answer is “this is just the next shot in the dark.” I completed the cycle as prescribed and when I went in for IUI, this time a NP did the procedure (the first time, it was done but an RN). While there, I asked the NP if we could ask some questions. She was open to answering my questions and I thanked her saying “the communication hasn’t been the best and I just want to make sure that I understand my plan of care.” She became defensive and told me I should have messaged the nurses if I had questions. I told I did and she immediately said, “it is the volume of patients that we have here….years ago, I did everything from the counseling to the ultrasounds to the labs and now there is a sonographer, a lab tech, the nurses and things fall through the cracks because there are so many patients.” She proceed to tell me that she has “been doing this for a long time” and I, “ just need to trust the process because she is reviewing my records all the time.” Mind you, this encounter was the first time I had ever met, let alone communicated with, the NP. My husband equated the clinic to making us feel like cows being cycled through. That was my last straw. KU may be able to get to you in sooner than other practices in KC but, if you are looking for a fertility practice where you are valued as a patient, where discussion regarding your specific plan of care is ongoing, and where your questions are welcomed, I would encourage you to consider alternative options.
I communicated with my insurance to ensure coverage so did not speak to the clinic regarding costs.
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Overland Park

When I walked in, he [Dr. Lydic] asked me personal questions alongside trying to understand my husband's and my wants and needs. He drew pictures to show me what to expect, set a timeline, and gave me resources. He allowed me to ask questions, and helped me to understand the science of my body...He used my name, remembered small details, and was kind and explanatory on procedures
It[Midwest Health] is a clean clinic, easy to find, and most things are done through the patient portal, which I love. I will say it is fairly busy, so I liked to schedule early so it was not backed up. In addition, I always saw things and equipment getting wiped down as well as plenty of offices for examinations...I was given a packet with resources sharing ways to pay for everything. I was also given a spreadsheet
When I walked in, he asked me personal questions alongside trying to understand my husband's and my wants and needs. He drew pictures to show me what to expect, set a timeline, and gave me resources. He allowed me to ask questions, and helped me to understand the science of my body. He was thorough in making sure my thyroid was not crazy high and also ensured thorough testing for my family genetics and my husband's body.
My advice is to be prepared to be patient. It is a lot of driving to and from the clinic, but that is to be expected with fertility.
We started with timed intercourse. I would begin my period and take letrozol for five days then the tenth day would get an Ultrasound. If my eggs were ready, I injected a hormone shot to stimulate ovulation where my husband and I would have timed intercourse for 3 days in a row. I would take a pregnancy test two weeks later and email if I was or was not pregnant. Twice, my eggs did not look ready. I opted to not go in for a second ultrasound and they gave me a later start date for timed intercourse.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Sarah would be encouraging and kind when I came in, and when I was not pregnant, I felt like it hurt her as badly. Though it was hard for me, I heard the staff cheering for a woman who finally was able to achieve pregnancy. They were invested in the success of the women that came through.
It is a clean clinic, easy to find, and most things are done through the patient portal, which I love. I will say it is fairly busy, so I liked to schedule early so it was not backed up. In addition, I always saw things and equipment getting wiped down as well as plenty of offices for examinations.
I was given a packet with resources sharing ways to pay for everything. I was also given a spreadsheet, and I was able to calculate around $600 a treatment for timed intercourse. It ended up being less with my insurance, and I received bills in a timely manner. The spreadsheet was so helpful I was able to plan out everything in advance.
We did not discuss this though it was next on the list

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Lydic always made sure we knew that he was thinking of us, and taking care of us. There were multiple times that he would call me personally, after hours, to check in. ... Dr Lydic was compassionate and caring. There were multiple times that a cycle would get cancelled for various reasons and he made sure to call me personally to see how I was dealing with the news. We lost identical twins at almost 20 weeks and he called a few weeks out to discuss what happened and ask how we were holding up. He communicated procedures thoroughly and answered questions with ease.
The nursing staff at KU med is incredible. They were all so kind and were supportive through every process. They communicated quickly and thoroughly, and always showed compassion. There is a huge spot in my heart for a certain ultrasound tech there, I believe her name was Allie. She showed an emotional attachment to our journey and laughed and cried with us. There is literally nothing negative I could say about the nursing team.
Know that a lot of your communication will be with nurses, but that does not mean your doctor doesn’t care.
We underwent three IUIs, which all resulted in negative pregnancy tests. When we first consulted with Dr Lydic I had expressed that I only wanted to do three IUIs before moving on to IVF and he agreed that that was a good plan. I started a stimulation cycle with global-f but was not responding to medications so we decided to cancel and try again at a higher dosage. This was successful and we had a retrieval resulting in 11 embryos, which we did not PGS test. We started a frozen transfer cycle with estrogen patches but it was canceled due to a small cyst on the lining of my uterus. The second round be switched to estradiol tablets and PIO, which was successful. We transferred one frozen day 5 embryo, which successfully implanted and split into identical twins. We found out at 12 weeks that one of the twins had a bladder outlet obstruction and at 19+4 we found that neither boy had heartbeats. I was induced and they were born the next morning.
The clinic is well run. Every member of the staff I have met was full of love and empathy, and were there to hold your hand through really tough waters. Something I did not enjoy was that the main form of communication is through an online portal, so urgent matters can sometimes be lost.
For our IUIs and retrieval we had insurance coverage, and everything was a breeze. For our transfer we paid out of pocket and it was a solid 2500, which covered monitoring ultrasounds, transfer, bloodwork and pregnancy ultrasound
Dr Lydic mentioned they preferred to only transfer one embryo unless there were underlying factors like age or recurrent loss.
Overland Park

After our first frozen embryo transfer that sadly ended in a miscarriage at 6 weeks, Dr Lydic took the time to make sure that my husband and I had everything that we needed to help cope with what had happened and he just listened to anything we needed to talk about...He prefers single embryo transfers...He’s very compassionate, and caring and you can honestly tell that he cares about his job and his patients
[Kansas Univ Center] as a whole is extremely clean and well maintained, the staff is usually very nice...$11,750 for one complete cycle of IVF and one Fresh/ Frozen transfer. $2,500 for each additional FET...staff here at this clinic were always very friendly and compassionate about my care but not only mine they treated my husband like he was part of the whole process and not just focused on me...
the Doctors/Nurses, and actually all the staff here at this clinic were always very friendly and compassionate about my care but not only mine they treated my husband like he was part of the whole process and not just focused on me. They answered any questions we might of had without any problem, and with a timely manner.
After our first frozen embryo transfer that sadly ended in a miscarriage at 6 weeks, Dr Lydic took the time to make sure that my husband and I had everything that we needed to help cope with what had happened and he just listened to anything we needed to talk about. He treated us like we were actual human beings and not just a number. I would recommend him to anyone needing any kind of fertility help. He’s very compassionate, and caring and you can honestly tell that he cares about his job and his patients.
We went straight into IVF I was diagnosed with PCOS and my husband had low sperm count, we had already tried 6 rounds of clomid with my OB at home, with no success so Dr Lydic felt that IVF would be our best option and would save us financially in the long run. We did one round of IVF and our retrieval resulted in 32 eggs with 30 of them fully mature. Out of our 30 eggs we ended with 10 healthy frozen embryos. We just did our first transfer that unfortunately ended in a miscarriage at 6 weeks. But we plan to try another transfer soon.
Very compassionate, and very informative.
The clinic as a whole is extremely clean and well maintained, the staff is usually very nice. The only thing that I would complain about is the check in process could use some updating to help things move a little smoother.
He prefers single embryo transfers
Overland Park

The nurses [at KS University Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] are all very kind and understanding, but they are also very well informed when it comes to questions I have or concerns that have to do with me. They know how to answer questions specific to me.... All clean, friendly staff, easy in and out. They seem just as compassionate as the nurses and Dr. Lydic. I have seen them help out with other patients young children and it is nice to have a staff there who cares.
Dr. Lydic always explains everything that’s going on in my body with the utmost care and intelligence. He provided me with expectations, risks, and hopes as a result of the treatments or process. I loved that he would draw pictures to explain everything, giving me a better visual understanding of what was going on in my body.
Make sure to ask clarifying questions if needed!
Dr. Lydic is very caring and aware of what is going on in my life and in my health. When I first started seeing him, he would call me just to check in.
When I first saw Dr. Lydic, I was referred because of irregular periods and pain. He explained what possible causes were and treatments for each possible cause. I ended up having a 7.5 cm cyst on one ovary and 3.5 cyst on the other. Before we began fertility treatments, he wanted to watch those to make sure they didn’t turn into anything. I ended up with a positive pregnancy test and at my first ultrasound found out it was ectopic. I went in for immediate surgery after speaking with Dr. Lydic, who was very compassionate and informational, and since then have began fertility treatment with Letrozole. I do not know what the results are as it is too early to tell, but have faith that he will stop at no end to help me get the results I want from my fertility journey.
The nurses are all very kind and understanding, but they are also very well informed when it comes to questions I have or concerns that have to do with me. They know how to answer questions specific to me.
I don’t remember different components, but my treatments have been very cost efficient and it has been easy to work out payment plans with KU hospital billing.
Overland Park

Dr. Lydic was so kind and respectful of my faith and my concerns. He always put my comfort first, and reassured my understanding every step of the way. He even drew me a diagram to give me a visual understanding of the process....Dr. Lydic did bloodwork and discovered I needed a thyroid medication. I had been to several other doctors and that was never discovered. He then gave options for IUI with Femera and ovidrel trigger shot, or IVF. We decided on IUI, which we proceeded with 3 times, but with no success.
They [KS U Ctr for Adv Repro Med] are timely, informative, and friendly. I can't say enough positive things about this clinic. I never had any negative situation from the time I checked in, to the time I left....The nursing staff was incredible. They performed the insemination and made me comfortable each time. They were caring and compassionate anytime I called with questions and I never felt like "just another patient" to them.
Dr. Lydic gives great detail which is incredibly helpful but in the moment you may feel overwhelmed. Don't be afraid to ask him to write it down for you, and don't hesitate to ask questions. He is patient and understanding of the emotions that go along with this process.
Dr. Lydic was respectful of all the questions I had, and went to great lengths to ensure I understood the process and felt comfortable.
Dr. Lydic did bloodwork and discovered I needed a thyroid medication. I had been to several other doctors and that was never discovered. He then gave options for IUI with Femera and ovidrel trigger shot, or IVF. We decided on IUI, which we proceeded with 3 times, but with no success. We went back for an appointment to discuss IVF in greater detail. He answered all the questions we had, and eased my doubt! Finances are now the only thing stopping us from continuing with the IVF process.
They are timely, informative, and friendly. I can't say enough positive things about this clinic. I never had any negative situation from the time I checked in, to the time I left. The first visit I had, I knew I had phone he doctor I would continue to see until I had a successful pregnancy!
We had the direct cost of lab for sperm washing and the artificial insemination, as well as the follicle check ultrasounds. In addition we paid for the medications and trigger shots in full to a specialty pharmacy.
Dr. Lydic does single embryo transfer. He believes it is the safest for the baby and the mom. He explained the genetic testing that is available and with that, finds no need to transfer more than one embryo at a time because the quality of the embryo is more certain with the testing.
Overland Park

We did 4 IUIs with Letrozole [with Dr. Michael Lydic] which we unfortunately unsuccessful. My husband has low volume, so the thought was that IUI would help get the sperm where it was needed. After that we decided to go with IVF. We medicated with Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. We were able to retrieve 22 eggs, and using ICSI we had 7 embryos make it to day 5. We did a fresh transfer with 1 embryo that was unsuccessful. After that we did a FET with vaginal estrace and progesterone in oil. We transferred 1 embryo that was again unsuccessful. We are now doing an ERA test, and hopefully a second FET.
The clinic [KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] was very well organized. In general, you did not have very long waits. Sometimes earlier in the week, you might have a longer wait, due to everyone playing catch up from the weekend. The receptionist and front desk staff were friendly and genuinely caring about what is going on with the patients... The nurses were all very friendly. You could tell that they really wanted the treatments to succeed. They explained things well, and were good about communicating test results, etc.
Dr Lydic is very warm and caring. He spent 45+ minutes with me during our consultations to explain in great depth the process and go over my test results. He also likes to draw out pictures to help explain things which is very helpful. On multiple occasions, Dr. Lydic called me to discuss what was going on in my treatment, and even called after I moved out of state to check on me. He is very knowledgeable and willing to listen to your questions and concerns.
Tell him all of your concerns. Don't be afraid to ask all the questions you want. He is very good with explanations and listening.
Dr. Lydic really knew who I was. He didn't just treat me like a test or a diagnosis. He knew what was going on in our lives. He tailored treatment to me and my situation.
We did 4 IUIs with Letrozole which we unfortunately unsuccessful. My husband has low volume, so the thought was that IUI would help get the sperm where it was needed. After that we decided to go with IVF. We medicated with Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. We were able to retrieve 22 eggs, and using ICSI we had 7 embryos make it to day 5. We did a fresh transfer with 1 embryo that was unsuccessful. After that we did a FET with vaginal estrace and progesterone in oil. We transferred 1 embryo that was again unsuccessful. We are now doing an ERA test, and hopefully a second FET.
The clinic was very well organized. In general, you did not have very long waits. Sometimes earlier in the week, you might have a longer wait, due to everyone playing catch up from the weekend. The receptionist and front desk staff were friendly and genuinely caring about what is going on with the patients.
IUIs were $600 plus medication, and IVF was $11,000 plus medication.
Dr. Lydic was strongly for single embryo transfer. He stated that the risk of multiples was so much higher that it outweighed the possible slightly higher success rate of transferring multiple embryos.
Overland Park

Dr. Lydic has a great bedside manner and always makes time for questions during office appointments. ...Dr. Lydic is very personable and really seems to care about his patients. I have had him paged after hours and he responded very quickly. He makes time for me during my office visits and explains everything very clearly. ...3 cycles of timed intercourse- neg 2 cycles with 2.5 Letrozole, 1 w/ HCG trigger and 1 w/o- neg 1 IUI w/ 5.0 Letrozole and HCG trigger - neg
The nurses do not take phone calls, only emails. ... The clinic appointments [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] are always on time and the receptionist at check in is very sweet. ... When I would need to have my labs drawn outside of the clinic the orders were rarely in the system. ... In person, I was given the incorrect test results and had to return to the clinic the next day for the correct information. ...
When choosing him you are essentially choosing a clinic where you rarely talk to a person. Pretty much all communication is done through a website app. and you rarely get a phone call about labs/tests. Although he is a great doctor, the circumstances/clinic around him are the drawback.
Dr. Lydic has a great bedside manner and always makes time for questions during office appointments. Unfortunately, his nursing staff made me feel like a number and part of a cookie cutter fertility protocol that is one size fits all.
The nurses do not take phone calls, only emails. I have to sometimes send 4-5 emails just to get a clear answer to a question. Most of the time my questions are dismissed completely. I generally end up making an office appointment after dealing with the nurses just to get legitimate answers. The nurses make me feel as though I have the same rubber stamped planned as the other patients.
The clinic appointments are always on time and the receptionist at check in is very sweet. The clinic has fairly good business hours and I can usually get an appointment within a reasonable amount of time. Lab is onsite at one clinic location.
Each IUI is $600 not including meds. Insurance doesn't cover the HCG trigger shot and it runs about $100.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
When I would need to have my labs drawn outside of the clinic the orders were rarely in the system. I asked two separate nurses to follow up regarding a lab I needed drawn. Neither of them spoke with the doctor about ordering the lab. I had to make another office appointment just to speak with him about it. In person, I was given the incorrect test results and had to return to the clinic the next day for the correct information.
Overland Park

Dr. Lydic really takes the time to listen to what my goals and expectations are. If he has other thoughts he voices them. He allows me to control the path of my journey. I'm ready for IVF and he is very supportive of my decision and desire to have a child.... Strengths: listens to what I expect out of my infertility journey. Good communication with staff. Prompt return phone calls. When I request an appoint he is always willing and able to listen, even if it's just a bitch session and complaining how expensive this all is. Weakness: telling me what plans B and C are of my plan A doesn't work out.
They [the nursing staff at KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] were my shoulder to cry on when my IUI cycles failed. And when my insurance changes and my medications were $500.... Strengths: listens to what I expect out of my infertility journey. Good communication with staff. Prompt return phone calls. When I request an appoint he is always willing and able to listen, even if it's just a bitch session and complaining how expensive this all is. Weakness: telling me what plans B and C are of my plan A doesn't work out.
Don't go in having one plan. Listen to the doctor and come to a course of action you all are comfortable with.
They were my shoulder to cry on when my IUI cycles failed. And when my insurance changes and my medications were $500.
IUI was $500 each Meds around $1200
Overland Park
Dr. Lyric unfortunately has never performed the IUI procedure which was something that I wish was discussed in consult. But he is actively involved in my treatment and multiple times has personally called me which I very much appreciate...Excellent Communication when explaining the process and course of treatment he believes is best and takes time to call you personally.
They [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] have great protocols in place during Covid -19. I do feel like their office is “crammed” and not the most warm inviting place but then again you don’t want to spend your whole day there but also want it to be comforting...Was not impressed with my last failed treatment Cycle. Not much communication and not impressed being informed through the portal.
IUI 3-4 times and then IVF
Always responds with a couple hours
They have great protocols in place during Covid -19. I do feel like their office is “crammed” and not the most warm inviting place but then again you don’t want to spend your whole day there but also want it to be comforting.
Overland Park
Dr. Lydic shares what he thinks the fastest option to getting pregnant is, but allows the patient to be a part of the conversation for the treatment plan...calls and introduces himself prior to the first appointment, listens to his patients, is timely in responding with results, spends ample time during appointments to ensure all questions have been answered....
This clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is respectful of the patients time and the wait time is minimal. Appointments are available on short notice and they will do their best to work around a time that is convenient for you. They are also open on Saturdays...The nurses staff is very responsive. They are kind and always answer questions in the portal immediately. This has its downside however, when a nurse I’m not familiar with answers and his/her answer doesn’t align with our plan we discussed with Dr. Lydic.
Strength: calls and introduces himself prior to the first appointment, listens to his patients, is timely in responding with results, spends ample time during appointments to ensure all questions have been answered.
Know your plan, the nurses responses in the portal are not always accurate
This clinic is respectful of the patients time and the wait time is minimal. Appointments are available on short notice and they will do their best to work around a time that is convenient for you. They are also open on Saturdays.

2019 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Lydic took time to carefully explain the treatment plan. I'm the kind of person who wants ALL the details, and this immediately made me comfortable choosing him as a doctor. We had many set-backs and failures, and each time I got a personal call from Dr. Lydic to express his sympathy and talk to us about next steps...He was a good guide through this difficult process. We've recently tried a new approach and I'm happy to report that we are pregnant...
The nursing staff [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] was very competent and helpful. They were prompt in responding through the clinic messaging system, and I felt confident that they had a good process in place for managing patient care. It felt like a well-oiled machine that you could rely on...appreciated that this clinic was connected to a university research hospital...the fee structure at this clinic. It was all-inclusive and straight-forward...
Dr. Lydic is patient and willing to offer as full of explanations as you want. I wanted a LOT, and never felt like he was rushing to get through with me. When we had failures--and we had a lot--he was kind and compassionate, calling personally to give his condolences and talk to us about next steps. We were very conservative in the sense that if there was a test to try, we wanted to do it, rather than try--and potentially waste--one of our embryos. Dr. Lydic offered us options and informed us about the possible outcomes to help us make informed decisions. He was a good guide through this difficult process. We've recently tried a new approach and I'm happy to report that we are pregnant!
We adopted embryos. The treatment was estrace and progesterone to prepare the uterus for transfer and then support the embryo after transfer. After our first failed FET, we did a test to evaluate my optimal transfer window. We discovered that I'm in the small minority of women needing 6 days on progesterone before transfer. After the third failed FET, we did an EMMA/ALICE (which was, at that time, a brand new test on the market, so it didn't exist before this) to test to evaluate the biome in the uterus and see if maybe there was uterine inflammation that was preventing implantation. That test came back healthy and normal. We refused testing of the embryos themselves, but ultimately had success with a new set of embryos from a different couple.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christina, Raquel and Whitney)
The nursing staff was very competent and helpful. They were prompt in responding through the clinic messaging system, and I felt confident that they had a good process in place for managing patient care. It felt like a well-oiled machine that you could rely on. I worked with a few other clinics were I had to hound to get routine things done--like communicate or fax test results. This was never the case with this clinic.
This clinic is "professional" in the best sense. They seem to have clear processes in place that help patients through the treatment process. From in-take through treatment, I felt like they knew what was going on with my care and I didn't need to worry that I might be "falling through the cracks." I also appreciated that this clinic was connected to a university research hospital. That seemed to make a difference for my care as my doctor offered a brand new diagnostic test that hadn't even come to market yet, but that the clinical staff had recently had education on. The impression I got is that the clinic as a whole is dedicated to keeping up with the cutting edge of research and clinic practice, which I really appreciated.
I liked the fee structure at this clinic. It was all-inclusive and straight-forward: $3,000 for all the treatment needed for a complete an FET cycle (ultrasounds, embryology work and transfer). I often had off-site monitoring and the clinic would deduct a certain amount for that work done elsewhere. (Drugs obviously not included in this.)
The doctor offered us good statistics on the comparative success of single embryo vs. multiple embryo transfer. He recommended single embryo, but was also willing to work with us if we wanted to do multiple embryo transfer.
2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Lydic was very kind in helping us get to where we wanted to be...I loved that he presented us with a powerpoint presentation that helped us to understand the path he hoped to lead us down and was very receptive of our wishes as far as how we wanted to proceed while also letting us know what would be best or easiest for us. I'm sure he has hundreds of patients but he always made us and our concerns feel important...
The clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] was great - Everyone is SO nice and it was so comforting going to a clinic where it is so easy to get in touch with the staff anytime you need anything. And they are so quick to respond which makes it even nicer...anytime I had a concern, the clinic was quick to respond to my emails - whether it be the nurses or Dr. Lydic himself. He even called me after hours once just to check on us and to help us understand what was going on during our chemical pregnancy situation...
Dr. Lydic was very kind in helping us get to where we wanted to be. Due to the state of the world we only had virtual or phone visits with the doctor - but I loved that he presented us with a powerpoint presentation that helped us to understand the path he hoped to lead us down and was very receptive of our wishes as far as how we wanted to proceed while also letting us know what would be best or easiest for us. I'm sure he has hundreds of patients but he always made us and our concerns feel important. I never minded that I never got to meet him face to face because I knew he was always one email away if I needed him.
As a female, I was hesitant to go with a male doctor as I think many women are - but he was great. We chose him because we could get in with him the quickest and I'm so glad we did.
I loved that anytime I had a concern, the clinic was quick to respond to my emails - whether it be the nurses or Dr. Lydic himself. He even called me after hours once just to check on us and to help us understand what was going on during our chemical pregnancy situation.
We did ovulation induction for 8 months with just Ovidrel trigger shots to try to conceive and eventually introducing clomid the last two months to produce more eggs. My first month doing this process we had a chemical pregnancy and Dr. Lydic said we could opt to do IVF if we wanted to speed up the process of hopeful pregnancy, but I opted to continue with ovulation induction instead.
Everyone was so responsive and kind. I enjoyed my time with KUREI. The only issue I ever had was when I would have a positive pregnancy test, they were quick to congratulate and be excited for you but as a patient at a fertility clinic, I always expect the worst and am slow to be get my hopes up about positives without seeing consistent moves in a positive direction so it made it hard to keep my cool with them being so excited from the start. BUT I also understand why they are encouraging so it's not a fault of theirs - just a different perspective.
The clinic was great - Everyone is SO nice and it was so comforting going to a clinic where it is so easy to get in touch with the staff anytime you need anything. And they are so quick to respond which makes it even nicer.
A larger majority than expected was covered by insurance, but I met my deductible of 2k the one full year I was with them.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Lydic is great at explaining tests and procedures to patients during appointments. I left each consult with all of my questions answered...However, it’s very easy to feel like a number after several months of trying IUI/TIC without success and no explanation for why things didn’t work. When it came time for us to do IVF, Dr. Lydic was amazing at communicating with me and reaching out when there was a change to my plan of care. My experience with IVF was amazing...
[Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] strengths are timely responses to questions and very kind staff. The doctors are knowledgeable. My clinics weakness is making patients feel like a number at times. Care does not always feel personalized...The nursing staff is very quick to answer questions I send to them...it’s very easy to feel like a number after several months of trying IUI/TIC without success and no explanation for why things didn’t work. When it came time for us to do IVF, Dr. Lydic was amazing at communicating with me and reaching out when there was a change to my plan of care. My experience with IVF was amazing...
Dr. Lydic is great at explaining tests and procedures to patients during appointments. I left each consult with all of my questions answered. When a different on-call doctor cancelled my fresh embryo transfer without an explanation, Dr. Lydic called me on a Sunday evening (without my request) to discuss the change and answer my questions. It made me feel 100x better and I was so grateful to have a doctor who cared about my feelings. My biggest complaint would be that I never met him in person until my FET. This is partly due to Covid, but when going through such an intense procedure it feels odd to not know your doctor.
Speak up about things that are important to you because Dr. Lydic is very willing to listen to his patients wishes. Advocate for yourself every step of the way.
I felt like Dr. Lydic made wonderful decisions to help me conceive and truly cared about me as a patient. However, it’s very easy to feel like a number after several months of trying IUI/TIC without success and no explanation for why things didn’t work. When it came time for us to do IVF, Dr. Lydic was amazing at communicating with me and reaching out when there was a change to my plan of care. My experience with IVF was amazing.
My first cycle we did low-dose letrozol. I have a high AMH of 10.96, so low- dose made sense. I only produced 1 follicle and the IUI was unsuccessful. My next cycle he tripled my dose to the max dose and I responded perfectly, although it was unsuccessful. For my third IUI we used the same protocol but it didn’t work. After that cycle I still wasn’t ready to try IVF so I opted to do TIC while we considered our options. For my 2-3 TIC cycles, we added clomid to my protocol to get my follicles. Nothing worked, so we moved on to IVF. My IVF protocol was pretty typical for a PCOS patient and it worked well for me.
The nursing staff is very quick to answer questions I send to them.
My clinics strengths are timely responses to questions and very kind staff. The doctors are knowledgeable. My clinics weakness is making patients feel like a number at times. Care does not always feel personalized.
Dr. Lydic did not give the option for multiple embryo transfer.

2021, Successful
Dr. Lydic called and left a voicemail about a week prior to our first appointment to welcome us to their clinic and let us know they were excited to meet us and help us grow our family. That was such a nice touch!...very clear and explained things very well during our initial virtual consultation...did not hesitate to jump into easy interventions and didn’t make us wait any longer to start our journey to the rainbow baby I’m currently carrying.
The clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is easy to access right off a major highway. They do book out pretty far, so just be aware. They will have the first consult via video just to talk history and a plan of attack. I didn’t even visit the clinic until after we finished our first cycle of meds and were being seen for a sonogram scan to measure follicles. The only time I actually saw or spoke to the Dr was at the initial consult. Every other contact was a nurse or sonographer.
Dr. Lydic was very clear and explained things very well during our initial virtual consultation. He was patient and answered all our questions being a newbie to the fertility treatment world. He did not hesitate to jump into easy interventions and didn’t make us wait any longer to start our journey to the rainbow baby I’m currently carrying.
Track your cycles and come educated about your body and what you’ve tried so you and your doctor can pick the best/most effective course of action. Also highly recommend fertility acupuncture (I’ve been doing that since 6 mo after a miscarriage…about 3 mo before seeing Dr. Lydic for help).
We tried one month of letrozole with monitoring sonogram to measure/count follicles and ovidrel trigger shot when follicles were mature for fertilization. We were successful on our first round. I’m currently 15 weeks pregnant with our first child, a rainbow baby.
The nurses were very understanding and compassionate about my history of miscarriage and did everything they could to keep me informed about what they saw and what was happening. Not being left in the dark eased my anxieties so much!
The clinic is easy to access right off a major highway. They do book out pretty far, so just be aware. They will have the first consult via video just to talk history and a plan of attack. I didn’t even visit the clinic until after we finished our first cycle of meds and were being seen for a sonogram scan to measure follicles. The only time I actually saw or spoke to the Dr was at the initial consult. Every other contact was a nurse or sonographer.
My insurance provided no coverage for fertility treatment. The initial consult was close to $300 out of pocket. The letrozole was cheap (maybe $15) and the trigger shot was $100. So our round of fertility treatment cost us around $415.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Lydic was warm, thorough and direct. He always took the time to answer our questions and treated us with dignity. I never felt rushed by him and felt like he cared. Whenever there was a setback, he always took the time to look at it from all angles and decide on a new course of action...Dr. Lydic prefers to only transfer one (eset)...We did five timed intercourse cycles with Letrozole / Clomid, one of which ended in miscarriage. When he thought it was time, he kindly but firmly told us when it was time to move onto IUI and IVF. Since our diagnosis was male factor only, I did a small course of Follistim / Menopur before our retrieval.
The nursing staff [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is incredible. They're always reachable through the portal, remember you and care about your case and are direct with expectations. I worked with several nurses through our time, but each one of them had high standards and a lot of empathy...I had to deal with a lot of insurance problems on my own with little help from the clinic. They sent out a sheet of costs before insurance and I was basically on my own when issues came up outside of prior authorization.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, because he's not going to rush you and will answer your questions fully. (Often while drawing diagrams.) He's going to be invested in your journey and truly cares when there's a setback.
Dr. Lydic took the time to personally make calls when a transfer failed or we needed to change our protocol. Whenever I was there, I felt like a person not just a number.
We did five timed intercourse cycles with Letrozole / Clomid, one of which ended in miscarriage. When he thought it was time, he kindly but firmly told us when it was time to move onto IUI and IVF. Since our diagnosis was male factor only, I did a small course of Follistim / Menopur before our retrieval. (I didn't need up needing the full course before the eggs were mature.)
The nursing staff is incredible. They're always reachable through the portal, remember you and care about your case and are direct with expectations. I worked with several nurses through our time, but each one of them had high standards and a lot of empathy.
This clinic's strengths are communication, empathy, and process. The one weakness was that I had to deal with a lot of insurance problems on my own with little help from the clinic. They sent out a sheet of costs before insurance and I was basically on my own when issues came up outside of prior authorization.
IUI without insurance costs $600. I had insurance coverage for IVF and paid $3,800 out of pocket for stimulation medication.
We didn't have a preference, but Dr. Lydic prefers to only transfer one. That was in-line with our expectations.
Once I got pregnant through IVF, nobody could consistently tell me when to stop meds and when my due date was; I kept getting conflicting dates. I also have a serious allergy to a common medication and had to constantly remind them.
2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Lydic made sure to always provide time to answer any questions I had. If I left questions for the nurses in the portal, on occasion he would respond with the answers. He was always very thorough when meeting in person with explaining processes and next steps. Most of all, he would call after certain procedures to make sure I was doing alright and if I needed any follow-ups from him...he did a good job of making sure my husband knew what was happening and was included in the conversations about care...
[at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] There were a set of nurses assigned to IVF patients, but we had multiple throughout our time at the clinic. They were all great and we enjoyed working with each. The communicated mainly through the patient portal but would always make themselves available if you wanted to talk on the phone. Our plans and documents for treatment were always provided to us in a timely fashion and our messages within the portal were always answered quickly as well. The nurses made sure to celebrate us during the good and were compassionate and gentle with us during the bad...
I always felt like Dr. Lydic made sure to take time for me as a patient - even if he had other procedures or appointments that day. I also felt like he did a good job of making sure my husband knew what was happening and was included in the conversations about care. He answered questions as needed, used visuals to help explain, and called on nights/weekends as a follow-up.
Ask any and all questions you have. He does not get annoyed or ever talk down to you when answering.
Dr. Lydic performed two IUI's on us before moving to IVF. This was over a period of 5 months. I lost one of my tubes due to an ectopic pregnancy before seeing Dr. Lydic so he monitored that I was ovulating on the side I had a tube to increase our chances. If I was going to ovulate on the opposite side, he would cancel our IUI and have us try naturally that month. This was because our chances were very slim and he did not want to waste money/benefits. We moved to IVF and had two egg retrievals with Dr. Lydic. After the first retrieval, we went through two transfers. One resulted in a chemical pregnancy and one resulted in a miscarriage. After one of these transfers, my progesterone was low. Dr. Lydic increased the amount I was to inject each night. This new amount was carried throughout the rest of my treatments. Each time my progesterone was checked after the increase, it was always in a good range. We decided to do another egg retrieval after our second loss. This was because we only had one remaining embryo and were using fertility benefits to pay for our treatments. Dr. Lydic supported this decision and agreed that retrieving more eggs and trying for more embryos was a good decision. I believe our protocol for the second retrieval was the same as the first. After this retrieval, we had two more transfers. One resulted in another miscarriage and we chose to do a D&C procedure as we were further along. The second transfer did result in a successful pregnancy.
Some people do not like the portal communication approach so I would be sure new patients understood that's their communication strategy. It worked for us and I do not consider it a weakness. The staff all around is their greatest strength. Everyone - front desk staff, the lab techs, the ultrasound techs, the nurses, and the doctors - were all great to us and extremely helpful. Scheduling treatment can sometimes be further out then you would like it to be, but that is out of most people's control, especially when getting treatment during Covid.
My company provides fertility benefits through Progyny. I was able to utilize these and paid somewhere between $5000 and $7000 for all treatments.
Dr. Lydic would only do a single embryo transfer because we did not present with a need to do multiple and the risks were greater if doing multiple. He did explain the risks to use so we understood his why.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Lydic really listened to my concerns and was willing to work with my busy resident physician schedule. He tailored treatment to fit my personal / work needs...He was also very responsive to my concerns via the patient portal messaging system...When one ovulation induction medication did not work as expected, he quickly shifted to higher doses and ultimately two medications used together. These methods allowed me to keep pace with a busy work schedule and recognized both time and financial constraints...
They [nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] were very responsive to patient portal messages. They were also very quick to send me ultrasound results and very clearly outlined next steps...Strengths: organization, promptness, pleasant attitudes, clean Weakness: I would have liked more communication via telephone rather than all patient portal...I received all results very promptly. I always had clear understanding of next steps and instructions. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly....
Dr Lydic is very knowledgeable and listened to all of my concerns. He also recognized time constraints due to my demanding career and helped develop a plan that worked for me. He was also very responsive to my concerns via the patient portal messaging system.
Manage expectations that a lot of communication will be quicker and streamlined if you use the patient portal
We used ovulation induction oral therapy, ovulation trigger injections, and timed intercourse. When one ovulation induction medication did not work as expected, he quickly shifted to higher doses and ultimately two medications used together. These methods allowed me to keep pace with a busy work schedule and recognized both time and financial constraints.
They were very responsive to patient portal messages. They were also very quick to send me ultrasound results and very clearly outlined next steps.
Strengths: organization, promptness, pleasant attitudes, clean Weakness: I would have liked more communication via telephone rather than all patient portal Overall I was very pleased with the clinic and the organization. I received all results very promptly. I always had clear understanding of next steps and instructions. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly.

2021 - 2022, Successful
I received follow-up calls [from Dr. Lydic] after all treatments. He explained the ways he was mitigating risks for me specifically throughout the process. He was a great communicator, made the process easy-to-understand, and was very kind....He was very clear he would only transfer one embryo...He recommended a frozen transfer cycle as a result. He put a lot of thought into the need to use ICSI or not.
They [nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] were very kind and responsive to questions on the portal...The staff was great. I had a clear understanding of the process the whole time. I never encountered anyone off-putting working in the clinic. They were organized and put-together...He [Dr. Lydic] recommended a frozen transfer cycle as a result. He put a lot of thought into the need to use ICSI or not.
I received follow-up calls after all treatments. He explained the ways he was mitigating risks for me specifically throughout the process. He was a great communicator, made the process easy-to-understand, and was very kind.
Just go for it. I had a great experience.
He and his team were responsive to my concerns and very compassionate. There was a very lovely nurse who held my hand as I drifted off during the egg retrieval, and it was a great comfort.
I had PCOS, so he was very conscious of mitigating risk for hyperstimulation. He recommended a frozen transfer cycle as a result. He put a lot of thought into the need to use ICSI or not.
They were very kind and responsive to questions on the portal.
It was as good an experience as infertility treatment could be. The staff was great. I had a clear understanding of the process the whole time. I never encountered anyone off-putting working in the clinic. They were organized and put-together. I don't really have anything negative to say.
A lot of our treatments and meds were covered by insurance. I believe just treatment was estimated at $11k with meds being estimated at $3-8k.
No real comment. He was very clear he would only transfer one embryo. We had uncertain PGT results on 1/6 embryos, so he said he would use that embryo last.
2021, Successful
You will only get to see Dr. Lydic twice during your entire treatment. One at the initial consultation and one at the embryo transfer procedure...He performed the frozen embryo transfer procedure with care and he gave very clear instructions. It was a very smooth and successful procedure. He took the time to answer all questions I had. He is compassionate....
The nurse team [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] responds to your messages pretty quickly. But don’t expect to hear from only 1 nurse. There could be up to 5 different nurses following up with your treatment and things could get complicated... I didn’t get any instructions before my ERA test. I was not prepared for the test and the process took way longer than it needed to be...
Dr. Lydic asked detailed questions during the consultation with care and patience. He explained the next steps with details.
I did frozen embryo transfer. I took estradiol and Endometrin for 10 weeks. The medications worked great.
I have had 4-5 different nurses communicating with me throughout my treatment. There were some misunderstanding in the process. Also, I didn’t get any instructions before my ERA test. I was not prepared for the test and the process took way longer than it needed to be.
The nurse team responds to your messages pretty quickly. But don’t expect to hear from only 1 nurse. There could be up to 5 different nurses following up with your treatment and things could get complicated.
The costs were reasonable and affordable.

2019 - 2021, Successful
[Dr. Michael Lydic] is balanced and realistic, not too optimistic and yet not pessimestic...presents to you data objectively without bias...we felt he personalized our treatment...appreciated his honesty. He is good comminicator and goes over all the details and discusses with you the pros and cons if each step/or choice you make...kind and understanding. Overall we like him alot
The clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is organized, clean , and cozy...doesnt get crazy even if they are very busy...sits is a good spot of the city with outside parking steps away...all communication is through the eIVF portal, can be accessed through web browser or app on the phone. The app is terrible. definitely has to go. However team responds almost immediately.
He is balanced and realistic, not too optimistic and yet not pessimestic. He presents to you data objectively without bias. We appreciated his honesty. He is good comminicator and goes over all the details and discusses with you the pros and cons if each step/or choice you make. His communications are clear. He is kind and understanding. Overall we like him alot
Be patient and follow what he tells you, read and go back to him to ask, and he will be happy to discuss and explain further to you.
Dr. Lydic tried his best to balance between treating us as humans who think their case is unique, while presenting to us objectively the scientific relevant information and numbers coming from published data that make any couple feel not very unique and their case is just another case under the curve of probability distribution. We liked that approach. If you mean treating us as a number among the other many patients he sees everyday, we did not have this feeling and we felt he personalized our treatment.
I cant rememebr specifics. We agreed on going through making and freezing embryos first and later start the transfer
I love them ! they are great and made the long journey of IVF pleasant. Very thankful to the great nursing team
The clinic is organized, clean , and cozy. The clinic is well organized and doesnt get crazy even if they are very busy. It sits is a good spot of the city with outside parking steps away from the clinic , not a parking garage .. which is great . Weaknesses: all communication is through the eIVF portal, can be accessed through web browser or app on the phone. The app is terrible. definitely has to go. However team responds almost immediately.
Our IVF was covered for the most part under insurance
Dr. Lydic insisted that he doesnt do multiple since I am high risk already and mutlipes transfer puts me even at a higher risk. He chose our best embryo quality for the first transfer.