Nurse available by email
Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolHahnemann Drexel U.
ResidencyHahnemann Drexel U.
FellowshipU. of Cincinnati
10777 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211
913-588-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael L. Lydic to a friend?

9.7

4.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
How was your experience with Michael L. Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lydic always explains everything that’s going on in my body with the utmost care and intelligence. He provided me with expectations, risks, and hopes as a result of the treatments or process. I loved that he would draw pictures to explain everything, giving me a better visual understanding of what was going on in my body.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael L. Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure to ask clarifying questions if needed!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael L. Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lydic is very caring and aware of what is going on in my life and in my health. When I first started seeing him, he would call me just to check in.
Describe the protocols Michael L. Lydic used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
When I first saw Dr. Lydic, I was referred because of irregular periods and pain. He explained what possible causes were and treatments for each possible cause. I ended up having a 7.5 cm cyst on one ovary and 3.5 cyst on the other. Before we began fertility treatments, he wanted to watch those to make sure they didn’t turn into anything. I ended up with a positive pregnancy test and at my first ultrasound found out it was ectopic. I went in for immediate surgery after speaking with Dr. Lydic, who was very compassionate and informational, and since then have began fertility treatment with Letrozole. I do not know what the results are as it is too early to tell, but have faith that he will stop at no end to help me get the results I want from my fertility journey.
The nurses are all very kind and understanding, but they are also very well informed when it comes to questions I have or concerns that have to do with me. They know how to answer questions specific to me.
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
All clean, friendly staff, easy in and out. They seem just as compassionate as the nurses and Dr. Lydic. I have seen them help out with other patients young children and it is nice to have a staff there who cares.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael L. Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I don’t remember different components, but my treatments have been very cost efficient and it has been easy to work out payment plans with KU hospital billing.
Describe Michael L. Lydic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Overland Park

Dr. Lydic was so kind and respectful of my faith and my concerns. He always put my comfort first, and reassured my understanding every step of the way. He even drew me a diagram to give me a visual understanding of the process....Dr. Lydic did bloodwork and discovered I needed a thyroid medication. I had been to several other doctors and that was never discovered. He then gave options for IUI with Femera and ovidrel trigger shot, or IVF. We decided on IUI, which we proceeded with 3 times, but with no success.
Dr. Lydic gives great detail which is incredibly helpful but in the moment you may feel overwhelmed. Don't be afraid to ask him to write it down for you, and don't hesitate to ask questions. He is patient and understanding of the emotions that go along with this process.
Dr. Lydic was respectful of all the questions I had, and went to great lengths to ensure I understood the process and felt comfortable.
Dr. Lydic did bloodwork and discovered I needed a thyroid medication. I had been to several other doctors and that was never discovered. He then gave options for IUI with Femera and ovidrel trigger shot, or IVF. We decided on IUI, which we proceeded with 3 times, but with no success. We went back for an appointment to discuss IVF in greater detail. He answered all the questions we had, and eased my doubt! Finances are now the only thing stopping us from continuing with the IVF process.
The nursing staff was incredible. They performed the insemination and made me comfortable each time. They were caring and compassionate anytime I called with questions and I never felt like "just another patient" to them.
They are timely, informative, and friendly. I can't say enough positive things about this clinic. I never had any negative situation from the time I checked in, to the time I left. The first visit I had, I knew I had phone he doctor I would continue to see until I had a successful pregnancy!
We had the direct cost of lab for sperm washing and the artificial insemination, as well as the follicle check ultrasounds. In addition we paid for the medications and trigger shots in full to a specialty pharmacy.
Dr. Lydic does single embryo transfer. He believes it is the safest for the baby and the mom. He explained the genetic testing that is available and with that, finds no need to transfer more than one embryo at a time because the quality of the embryo is more certain with the testing.
Overland Park

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael L. Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

We did 4 IUIs with Letrozole [with Dr. Michael Lydic] which we unfortunately unsuccessful. My husband has low volume, so the thought was that IUI would help get the sperm where it was needed. After that we decided to go with IVF. We medicated with Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. We were able to retrieve 22 eggs, and using ICSI we had 7 embryos make it to day 5. We did a fresh transfer with 1 embryo that was unsuccessful. After that we did a FET with vaginal estrace and progesterone in oil. We transferred 1 embryo that was again unsuccessful. We are now doing an ERA test, and hopefully a second FET.
Dr Lydic is very warm and caring. He spent 45+ minutes with me during our consultations to explain in great depth the process and go over my test results. He also likes to draw out pictures to help explain things which is very helpful. On multiple occasions, Dr. Lydic called me to discuss what was going on in my treatment, and even called after I moved out of state to check on me. He is very knowledgeable and willing to listen to your questions and concerns.
Tell him all of your concerns. Don't be afraid to ask all the questions you want. He is very good with explanations and listening.
Dr. Lydic really knew who I was. He didn't just treat me like a test or a diagnosis. He knew what was going on in our lives. He tailored treatment to me and my situation.
We did 4 IUIs with Letrozole which we unfortunately unsuccessful. My husband has low volume, so the thought was that IUI would help get the sperm where it was needed. After that we decided to go with IVF. We medicated with Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. We were able to retrieve 22 eggs, and using ICSI we had 7 embryos make it to day 5. We did a fresh transfer with 1 embryo that was unsuccessful. After that we did a FET with vaginal estrace and progesterone in oil. We transferred 1 embryo that was again unsuccessful. We are now doing an ERA test, and hopefully a second FET.
The nurses were all very friendly. You could tell that they really wanted the treatments to succeed. They explained things well, and were good about communicating test results, etc.
The clinic was very well organized. In general, you did not have very long waits. Sometimes earlier in the week, you might have a longer wait, due to everyone playing catch up from the weekend. The receptionist and front desk staff were friendly and genuinely caring about what is going on with the patients.
IUIs were $600 plus medication, and IVF was $11,000 plus medication.
Dr. Lydic was strongly for single embryo transfer. He stated that the risk of multiples was so much higher that it outweighed the possible slightly higher success rate of transferring multiple embryos.
Overland Park

Dr. Lydic has a great bedside manner and always makes time for questions during office appointments. ...Dr. Lydic is very personable and really seems to care about his patients. I have had him paged after hours and he responded very quickly. He makes time for me during my office visits and explains everything very clearly. ...3 cycles of timed intercourse- neg 2 cycles with 2.5 Letrozole, 1 w/ HCG trigger and 1 w/o- neg 1 IUI w/ 5.0 Letrozole and HCG trigger - neg
When choosing him you are essentially choosing a clinic where you rarely talk to a person. Pretty much all communication is done through a website app. and you rarely get a phone call about labs/tests. Although he is a great doctor, the circumstances/clinic around him are the drawback.
Dr. Lydic has a great bedside manner and always makes time for questions during office appointments. Unfortunately, his nursing staff made me feel like a number and part of a cookie cutter fertility protocol that is one size fits all.
The nurses do not take phone calls, only emails. I have to sometimes send 4-5 emails just to get a clear answer to a question. Most of the time my questions are dismissed completely. I generally end up making an office appointment after dealing with the nurses just to get legitimate answers. The nurses make me feel as though I have the same rubber stamped planned as the other patients.
The clinic appointments are always on time and the receptionist at check in is very sweet. The clinic has fairly good business hours and I can usually get an appointment within a reasonable amount of time. Lab is onsite at one clinic location.
Each IUI is $600 not including meds. Insurance doesn't cover the HCG trigger shot and it runs about $100.
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?

PCOS, Other
Dr. Lydic really takes the time to listen to what my goals and expectations are. If he has other thoughts he voices them. He allows me to control the path of my journey. I'm ready for IVF and he is very supportive of my decision and desire to have a child.... Strengths: listens to what I expect out of my infertility journey. Good communication with staff. Prompt return phone calls. When I request an appoint he is always willing and able to listen, even if it's just a bitch session and complaining how expensive this all is. Weakness: telling me what plans B and C are of my plan A doesn't work out.
PCOS, Other
Don't go in having one plan. Listen to the doctor and come to a course of action you all are comfortable with.
They were my shoulder to cry on when my IUI cycles failed. And when my insurance changes and my medications were $500.
IUI was $500 each Meds around $1200