5.4

9601 Blackwell Road, 4th and 5th floors
Rockville, MD 20850
301.340.1188

2013, Unsuccessful
I was happy with the efficiency of the Shady Grove process, however, the waiting room area can feel very impersonal and crowded at times. Jordan was our point person for everything. She was on the ball, cheerful and genuinely wanted to see us succeed for us and not for the statistics of the clinic.
How was your experience with Michael Levy at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Levy has a long track record of several decades treating patients for infertility. He is affable and personable and confident in his abilities. For those with less challenging or complex fertility issues, I believe he would be a good fit. I did not feel in our case, as we discovered we discovered we had challenges, that he was flexible or open-minded in our chances for a successful round.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Levy at Shady Grove Fertility?
He has a long history of treating patients and I believe there is something to be said for this depth of experience. However, if you discover you are a more challenging case, I would encourage exploring other doctors.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Levy at Shady Grove Fertility?
I was happy with the efficiency of the Shady Grove process, however, the waiting room area can feel very impersonal and crowded at times. With regard to our specific treatment by Dr. Levy, I thought he was very quick to jump the gun after our second failed IVF and suggest thinking about donor eggs. Not only did this seem premature to me, but it made me feel like my doctor was willing to go to bat for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jordan Blades)
Michael Levy
2004 - 2011, Successful
I did not like his [Dr. Michael Levy] bedside manner- I thought he was callous and not compassionate to the emotional turmoil. However, he helped me to concieve my son (17 months of treament) and ultimately my daughter (donor egg and gestational carrier) and I will always be eternally grateful for his success. I don't think he is "nice" but I think he knows what he is doing...As the intended mother I was not always made aware of what drugs were being prescribed and timelines for procedures with my donor and my gestational carrier. This was very frustrating.
The whole process was very emotional and the office [Shady Grove Fertility] didn't always communicate clearly and when I called to inquire (usually about a medication or timing) I was once told "to just wait" and that he wasn't doing the transfer until HE [Dr. Michael Levy] was ready. m(He later apologized)...As the intended mother I was not always made aware of what drugs were being prescribed and timelines for procedures with my donor and my gestational carrier. This was very frustrating.
How was your experience with Michael Levy at Shady Grove Fertility?
I did not like his bedside manner- I thought he was callous and not compassionate to the emotional turmoil. However, he helped me to concieve my son (17 months of treament) and ultimately my daughter (donor egg and gestational carrier) and I will always be eternally grateful for his success. I don't think he is "nice" but I think he knows what he is doing.
Do not expect warm and fuzzy and don't take it personally.
The whole process was very emotional and the office didn't always communicate clearly and when I called to inquire (usually about a medication or timing) I was once told "to just wait" and that he wasn't doing the transfer until HE was ready. m(He later apologized)
Describe the protocols Michael Levy used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I spent seventeen months taking clomid and metformin until my son was concieved (2002) and then used an egg donor and a gestational carrer (3 transfers with 2 separate carriers) with my daughter born in 2009. I do not remember all the drugs used for the egg retrieval and insemination.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
It was very hit or miss and some were definitely more compassionate than others.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I think the clinic is a reflection of the doctor. Sometimes as a patient I was made to feel my questions or concerns were an inconvienience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Levy at Shady Grove Fertility.
Insurance covered my 17 months of infertility. Egg Donor and retrieval was about $20,000 Transfers were in the $10,000 range each if I remember correctly.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Michael Levy