5.4

9601 Blackwell Road, 4th and 5th floors
Rockville, MD 20850
301.340.1188

1 patient review filtered by:

He [Dr. Michael Levy] is so knowledgeable and it was clear from the minute we walked into his office that we were in good hands, medically. I never once wavered in his approach toward our treatment and had full faith in his ability to guide us through these murky waters. Simultaneously, my husband and I felt that he often rushed us off the phone, was not as compassionate as we had imagined he'd be, and was somewhat cavalier about our setbacks when we were visibly struggling.
It [Shady Grove-Rockville] is a pretty well-oiled machine. There are so many women (and men) that attend the clinic daily for a multitude of reasons and all are taken care of. There were a few times when I knew that during morning monitoring I needed to follow a certain protocol, as delineated by my nurse, however it was not written in the system and they were unable to reach her because it was before 9 am. I had to turn around and go back which was an inconvenience but not the end of the world.
How was your experience with Michael Levy at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is so knowledgeable and it was clear from the minute we walked into his office that we were in good hands, medically. I never once wavered in his approach toward our treatment and had full faith in his ability to guide us through these murky waters. Simultaneously, my husband and I felt that he often rushed us off the phone, was not as compassionate as we had imagined he'd be, and was somewhat cavalier about our setbacks when we were visibly struggling.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Levy at Shady Grove Fertility?
Know that you will be in very good medical care and look for other members of his team (or your own team of family and friends) to lean on for emotional support.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Levy at Shady Grove Fertility?
There were times when Dr. Levy called me and helped me understand the process and there were other times where I felt that he could have been talking to anyone and lacked the proper bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Astorga)
She was available by phone and email and usually got back to us within 24 hours, on rare occasions, it took longer. She tried her best to explain everything she understood and managed our case as much as she was able. She answered all questions and was always friendly.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It is a pretty well-oiled machine. There are so many women (and men) that attend the clinic daily for a multitude of reasons and all are taken care of. There were a few times when I knew that during morning monitoring I needed to follow a certain protocol, as delineated by my nurse, however it was not written in the system and they were unable to reach her because it was before 9 am. I had to turn around and go back which was an inconvenience but not the end of the world.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Levy at Shady Grove Fertility.
We have spent around 40K thus far for IVF treatment (not including medication)
Describe Michael Levy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
He told us that since I was under 39/40 he believed in singleton pregnancies as they are less high-risk in nature.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
As mentioned earlier, there was a mistake in the system that did not match my protocol. I knew I had to have certain monitoring done one morning but it was not in the system and they could not reach my nurse to confirm because it was too early in the morning and she was not in the office yet. On my way to work, I called my nurse and she told me I had been correct and to return to the office for further monitoring.
Michael Levy