Good

Little Rock
9500 Kanis Rd, Ste 200
Little Rock, AR 72205

1 patient review filtered by:

He is a very kind and knowledgeable doctor. There were times in our experience where I felt educated on our treatment and there were times when I felt as if each appointment was rushed. ... there were multiple occasions when I came in for my appointment and Dr. Miller clearly wasn't aware (or maybe just hadn't briefed himself well enough) about what was done/discussed in our previous appointment. ... After many labs, Dr. Miller wanted me to have an HSG ran.
They're [Fertility and Gynecology Care Center] very antiquated. When I initially called, the receptionist said she would mail me paperwork. She said she couldn't email or fax it. It would be nice and more efficient if it could be done online. Also, it was so difficult to get someone on the phone 90% of the time ... Dr. Miller's nurse, Janet, was very hard to read but I can't honestly say I ever had a positive experience with her. She wasn't awful, she was just rather emotionless, which may just come with the job, but I can't even say I ever heard her say anything positive or didn't sound like she was complaining about work or even see her smile.
How was your experience with Michael Miller at Fertility and Gynecology Care Center?
I heard many great things from a friend and read many reviews before I made an appointment with Dr. Miller. He is a very kind and knowledgeable doctor. There were times in our experience where I felt educated on our treatment and there were times when I felt as if each appointment was rushed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Miller at Fertility and Gynecology Care Center?
While I mostly had a pleasant experience, it was very in-and-out. Which is sometimes convenient, especially for someone like me who works full-time and was often running to the clinic on my lunch break or in between meetings. However, I often felt like I was being pushed out too quickly to ask any questions in the midst of a whirlwind of emotions. Be prepared and write your questions down and don't expect a very long visit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Miller at Fertility and Gynecology Care Center?
I truly was comfortable at this clinic and with Dr. Miller, but there were multiple occasions when I came in for my appointment and Dr. Miller clearly wasn't aware (or maybe just hadn't briefed himself well enough) about what was done/discussed in our previous appointment. I feel like he is a great doctor who has a great success rate and is kind and knowledgeable, but he has many patients and I didn't feel like he was necessarily present or as prepared as I would've hoped in my particular case.
Describe the protocols Michael Miller used in your cycles at Fertility and Gynecology Care Center and their degree of success.
My first visit with Dr. Miller was basically a consultation. He went over my paperwork with me and put together somewhat of a plan. We set up an appointment to do labs on a certain day of my cycle. After many labs, Dr. Miller wanted me to have an HSG ran. Unfortunately my insurance wouldn't cover that procedure and we decided to forego the HSG test and try Clomid since we were on the right day of my cycle to start it. I was also put on Estrodial to thicken my uterine lining. I came back basically every other day for ultrasounds to check my follicle progression. The Estrodial did it's job, however, this cycle was a no because my follicle didn't grow large enough. Dr. Miller said we would begin Clomid at a higher dose and a day earlier the next cycle and see the results this would bring us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility and Gynecology Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Janet)
Dr. Miller's nurse, Janet, was very hard to read but I can't honestly say I ever had a positive experience with her. She wasn't awful, she was just rather emotionless, which may just come with the job, but I can't even say I ever heard her say anything positive or didn't sound like she was complaining about work or even see her smile. I'm not the type of patient that needs someone to hug my neck or be my best friend at all but she was very cold and this may be bothersome to others.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Gynecology Care Center.
They're very antiquated. When I initially called, the receptionist said she would mail me paperwork. She said she couldn't email or fax it. It would be nice and more efficient if it could be done online. Also, it was so difficult to get someone on the phone 90% of the time. Or if I would call and leave a message and never hear back from them by noon or so, I would call back and the response I usually got was similar to "Yes, I got your message." It just felt unorganized and a lack of customer service, which we deserve as patients, especially since most of us are paying out of our own pocket since insurance rarely covers fertility treatments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Miller at Fertility and Gynecology Care Center.
Unfortunately, my insurance denied all of my treatment. We paid around $100 each visit throughout one cycle of treatments, which was probably around 10-12 visits if I remember correctly. Then received a bill of ~$1200. So I would say it was around $2500. This was just for our first cycle trying the Clomid approach.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility and Gynecology Care Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility and Gynecology Care Center.
Mainly the phone call situation. I didn't get results at the time I was told I would on a few occasions.
Michael Miller