Available by cell phone
Rockwall
1207 Arista Drie
Rockwall, TX 75032
972-771-2692
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Putman to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of Dallas to a friend?
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
As a patient, I couldn’t be more pleased [with Dr. Michael Putman]...Since I was a teenager, ive suffered from endometriosis and it’s symptoms. Dr.Putman did my surgery in 2018 and This is the best I’ve felt in over 15 years. No pain or nausea medications!! I’m truly grateful for being under his care...We are in the process of IVF. We’ve used so far.. Gonal F, Menopur, estrogen and progesterone ... all were for egg retrieval . We had to postpone our embryo transfer due to my uterine lining not being thick enough. So we will begin lupron in a week.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
As a patient, I couldn’t be more pleased. My husband and I prayed before searching physicians and we found Dr. Putman. Since I was a teenager, ive suffered from endometriosis and it’s symptoms. Dr.Putman did my surgery in 2018 and This is the best I’ve felt in over 15 years. No pain or nausea medications!! I’m truly grateful for being under his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Ask questions if you don’t understand, but trust his judgment because he has your best outcome in mind.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Dr.Putman’s office treated me like this time in our lives was not just another appointment. They know going through this is hard and the entire office healthcare team made this an easier experience. They remember my husband and I, they ask us about our lives, they even encourage us, but most of all... they gave me hope where I felt the impossible. For that, we feel like humans and not numbers.
Describe the protocols Michael Putman used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Dallas and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Dallas. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Andrea is amazing! I tell her all of the time. She’s knowledgeable, compassionate, and she’s truly made for this career!
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
I actually love the entire office! I have no complaints. Their strengths are organization, compassion, and their flexibility getting you an appointment with the Doctor. I’m a nurse and I have been with this office as a patient since July 2018, and this is by far the best experience I’ve ever had!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas.
over 15,000 out of pocket with surgery and IVF

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
My experience is a little different than most. I am apart of Baylor Scott and Whites Uterine Transplant Study. I was born with MRKH. Which in the easiest way to explain is that I was born with out a uterus. I had a Uterine Transplant in October of 2018. The way I found Dr.Putman is because he is actually the IVF doctor that is apart of the clinical trial, but I wouldn’t have chosen any one else. Like the rest of the Uterine Transplant team he is amazing and caring and an amazing doctor.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
I would tell them to just be honest. I feel like he is honest with us and you need to be honest with him so he can get to the bottom of things to help you start your family.
He seemed to really care about us and he continued to check in to see how things were going. His office was very professional and all the nurses that worked there are very sweet.
Because I am apart of a study my protocol may be different than the others. I did my egg retrieval before my transplant so I had my frozen embryos waiting for me for after surgery and recovery time. I’m 21 years old so for my husband and I our fertility journey although is very different, the egg retrieval and sperm count were good because we are so young. In February we had our first embryo transfer and I am 10 weeks today.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Dallas. (Assigned nurse: Andria, and Jan )
Andria, and Jan are the sweetest. They do everything they can to make sure you are comfortable. They are very detailed when explaining all the shots and medications that I would be taking. And they make sure I know what I am doing also.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
I would say the clinic is very on top of things at all times. They are good about scheduling, and taking care of your needs. The office is warm and inviting. It is definitely a place you feel safe at.
Medications costs around $10,000 + Egg retrieval/Embryo Transfer -$9,000 PGS testing - $2,500 Visits ( per ) - ( with no insurance ) $150-$250 or more depending on the visit
Describe Michael Putman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of Dallas.
Because of the study/trial we were only allowed to do a single embryo transfer. My husband and I are strong in our faith and believe that if that one embryo is meant to take then it will take. So we had no concerns with only transferring one embryo.
Dallas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas.

He [Dr. Michael Putman] is an older guy and a bit on the quirky side. He isn't one to chit chat but you can tell he really cares about your progress and wants his patients to do the best they can. The staff was always adjusting my medicine based on my visits to match with my hormone levels so my body could respond in the best way possible. The staff overall was very great and worked well together. They were always aware of my progress and checked in almost everyday.
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
He is an older guy and a bit on the quirky side. He isn't one to chit chat but you can tell he really cares about your progress and wants his patients to do the best they can. The staff was always adjusting my medicine based on my visits to match with my hormone levels so my body could respond in the best way possible. The staff overall was very great and worked well together. They were always aware of my progress and checked in almost everyday.
The transvaginal ultrasounds are the worst in the beginning but get a bit easier over time as you know what to expect. I was totally surprised by the way they monitor the ovaries at my first visit but it's just so they can get a closer sonogram of the ovaries.
The whole staff knew my name without having to look at my paperwork. They even know my husband and baby girl's name as well. They were very aware and sensitive with my situation and I had direct assess to them with any questions I had along the way especially the medicine. They have a great on call staff for after business hours so I didn't have to worry if I had questions on the weekend if I had to start new medicine, I knew I could call and speak to someone right away.
I did the egg retrieval for IVF process. It was a 6 week period where I started with birth control for roughly 15 days, and then moved onto the Lupron (daily evening shot) for roughly 10 days, and them moved onto a series of 3 other medicines that were given by shots. I counted 73 shots by the end of it. It gets easier over time but I remember feeling foggy and tired a lot of the time. By the end, I felt so swollen and bloated from my ovaries growing so much.
She was very organized and on top of it. Always checking in and making sure I was progressing in a way to be the most successful during this process.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
The office is small so you get familiar with everyone pretty quickly. They are very well organized and the wait time in the lobby isn't long. They move you in and out pretty quickly which is very nice. They are very efficient. I loved how they all knew me and the names of my husband and daughter. It helped give it a personal touch.
I paid around $9,000 for the medicine and another $10,000 for the office fees.
Rockwall

1 IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. Putman seems to be a very knowledgeable and experienced doctor who knows his field well. He's not the warm and fuzzy type and can be somewhat abrupt, but I never doubted his medical abilities. If you need a doctor to walk you through step by step and give you lots of sensitivity this may not be the one for you, but if you want someone who has lots of experience and will do what needs to be done, he can do that.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Be prepared to ask questions--research ahead of time and know what you want to ask.
Appointments are fairly short and sometimes feel rushed, but the clinic is small enough that the doctor and staff do generally remember you and your specific situation.
Frozen transfer cycles using birth control, lupron, then estrogen and progesterone injections.
The nurses are friendly and competent. You can tell that they're very busy, but I never felt ignored and they always answered my questions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
I think the greatest strength is the clinic's size. Dr. Putman is now the only doctor there so you always know who you will see. The size may also be a weakness because they have limited time to see patients and can be rushed, but generally that hasn't been a huge issue. The embryologist Dr. Zhang is also excellent and helpful with answering any questions you have.
A frozen embryo transfer is about $2,500, but that doesn't include medications or some other pre-transfer procedures and appointments. All together I think one FET cycle is between $5000 and $6000 depending on meds.

2014 - 2018
Dr.Putman we very thorough with me and didn’t want us to risk or worry about anything. He worked with our geographical issues and answered all our questions and treated us like family. Though only one attempt was successful, I plan on going back for another try because I respect him and know I will receive the best care under him.... First, Dr. Putman wanted to rid me of my Endometriosis. After a long surgery, he sent us home to try to get pregnant naturally for 6 months.
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Don’t hesitate to ask him questions. He is there for that and will help you through all your concerns!
After the awful experience I had before Dr.Putman, I wasn’t expecting much. Dr.Putman is such a great doctor and listened to my concerns, performed a surgery ridding me of my Endometriosis, and giving me the best thing in my life; my son!
First, Dr. Putman wanted to rid me of my Endometriosis. After a long surgery, he sent us home to try to get pregnant naturally for 6 months. Once that failed, he brought us in and we did a fresh cycle. I made 54 eggs and put if that, 18 were viable. He did half normal half ICSI and only 6 of the ICSI made to blast. None of them were maturing but at day 5, we put in 2. He left the other out for 2 more days and froze those. My first did not take and a year later we did a frozen transfer. One took of those and we have a beautiful, smart little man. We tried another frozen 2 years later but the embryos didn’t make it past thaw so we could not transfer.
Andrea was the best! You could tell she really cared about her patients and loved her job. She answered any questions I had and was always straight forward with me.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
Everyone there is very nice and helpful! The clinic is clean and you can tell they all love their jobs. The price for IVF is very reasonable and they will help you if you can’t afford to do it. I loved everyone there!
Very reasonable! Fresh is around $10k and frozen is around $2
I’m so glad he did two at a time. It is such an emotional process and if we didn’t put two in, I may not have my son, now.
Dallas

I think the he [Dr. Michael Putman] has a very good bedside manner. He also is very compassionate and has a very thought out treatment plan. My only complaint is that he can be overly aggressive. He only wants me to try using his techniques for 3 months before starting IVF. I have had endocrine issues since I was a child. After three months of trying we were immediately sent to him. We have only been trying for 7 months. It seems overly aggressive to try for 3 months using his techniques and then throw in the towel and commit to costly IVF. He is also very eager to cut me open to examine my uterus etc. First was to see if my tubes were blocked which turned out not to be. This time if I don’t get pregnant he wants to do exploratory surgery to see if I have endometriosis. I have no symptoms of endometriosis. I wish he would adjust his aggressiveness to suit each patient. That is my only complaint. Overall he seems knowledgeable and compassionate.
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
I think the he has a very good bedside manner. He also is very compassionate and has a very thought out treatment plan. My only complaint is that he can be overly aggressive. He only wants me to try using his techniques for 3 months before starting IVF. I have had endocrine issues since I was a child. After three months of trying we were immediately sent to him. We have only been trying for 7 months. It seems overly aggressive to try for 3 months using his techniques and then throw in the towel and commit to costly IVF. He is also very eager to cut me open to examine my uterus etc. First was to see if my tubes were blocked which turned out not to be. This time if I don’t get pregnant he wants to do exploratory surgery to see if I have endometriosis. I have no symptoms of endometriosis. I wish he would adjust his aggressiveness to suit each patient. That is my only complaint. Overall he seems knowledgeable and compassionate.
Adjust your aggressive treatment plan to suit patients needs. Also, be more conscious and aware of the finiancial cost of treatment especially when your insurance doesn’t cover any infertility.
He makes you feel like he wants you to get pregnant and is hopeful that everyone will be able to experience that joy
I had to HSG tests because the first one was inconclusive. If they had given me Valium I wouldn’t of had to pay an additional $2,000 for a second HSG. He now has me on Femara starting day 3 of my cycle till day 8. Then using a Novarel to trigger ovulation. Then we try naturally to get pregnant. He wants me to try this for 3 months. If I don’t get pregnant then we do surgery to see if I have endometriosis, and if I don’t then IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Dallas. (Assigned nurse: Krissie)
Krissie is literally the best nurse I’ve ever meet. I can’t say enough good things about her. She is incredibly responsive, caring, compassionate, positive, and reassuring.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
The front staff is very very unsympathetic about the financial burden associated with infertility. They are also incredibly bad about billing to your insurance company. I called and left a message asking why and no one returned my call. Once when I checked out the girl asked me “how much do we typically charge you” instead of entering the codes to find out the cost. Additionally, the semenologist is quite odd. I assume you must be to do that job. My husband’s complaint was that the way he was instructed to clean himself to give the sample was not hygienic. Ie he was told to wash himself off in the sink in the bathroom.
The initial base testing for one cycle cost me $5,000. Each ultrasound is $220-$250. The first appointment inscluding consult and ultrasound was $470. One HSG was $900 and the second was $2,000

2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
He is very kind and smart and very good at what he does. He does not give false hope but states facts in a gentle way. He won’t promise anything he can’t deliver but would always tell me he would do his best.... I have severe DOR and had failed cycles at another clinic. He put me on back to back AACEP cycles to bank embryos. We did low dose Lupron then started cetrotide and then started Gonal-F (high dose!) then added menopur. Estrogen priming was part of my protocol too
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Dr Putman is the best person to see for really anyone but especially if you are not a good responder to treatment. I had no success for a year at another clinic but was pregnant with twins within 4 months of seeing Dr Putman. Honestly I love him and I thank God for him.
He is the kindest person. His entire staff is very nice. Once I had to call him after hours and he called me back himself right away and knew exactly who I was and reassured me and gave clear instructions on what to do next.
I have severe DOR and had failed cycles at another clinic. He put me on back to back AACEP cycles to bank embryos. We did low dose Lupron then started cetrotide and then started Gonal-F (high dose!) then added menopur. Estrogen priming was part of my protocol too. We got 3 embryos the first cycle and froze, then 1 embryo the second cycle. We transferred the best 2 and I’m having twins (currently 21 weeks pregnant).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Dallas. (Assigned nurse: Jan, Andrea, Shelley, Chrissy, DR ZHANG 😍)
The entire staff is amazing and I love them
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
Do exactly what they say and you will have the best chance if success. They have the best success rates around just look at sart.org. They are so sweet and caring and very good at what they do. They got back to me via email or phone same day, they talked to my pharmacy, my insurance, etc
It was comparable to other clinics in my area. Actually we seemed to save a little paying for two back to back cycles compared to what we had paid for one cycle eksewhere
Well I don’t know, I have only had one transfer and we decided on 2 because neither of them were perfect looking, so they thought it would give us the best chance of pregnancy.
2013 - 2017
During my treatments he [Dr. Michael Putman] went out of town for a month and the I had to see the other dr in the office. But I was not aware that I was going to be passed to the other dr ahead of time... He did do the egg retrieval and transfer but he was not always available during my multiple check ups. I just wish I had more time with him and that some of my concerns were addressed.
2013 - 2017
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Dr. Putman is highly regarded by his peers. I went to him because he is supposed to the best. He was very thorough in his explanations of what was going to happen but wasn’t clear about the success rate. I researched that all on my own. He did do the egg retrieval and transfer but he was not always available during my multiple check ups. I just wish I had more time with him and that some of my concerns were addressed.
Do research on your own. Be very prepared and ask lots of questions.
During my treatments he went out of town for a month and the I had to see the other dr in the office. But I was not aware that I was going to be passed to the other dr ahead of time.
I was taking the OCP/Cetrotide /Babking cycle with Gonal, Menopur, and Cetrotide. My eggs weren’t being stimulated quick enough and I was on the protocol longer than normal. It ended up not working.
I saw different nurses. They were friendly but didn’t really get to know me.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
The clinic was nice but the lab and surgical area were not as clean as they should have been. I saw hair and what I thought was a dried drop of blood on the floor in the sterile surgical area. The person that drew my labs every other day was very nice. It did take a long time for the coordinator and financial person to call me back. I paid about $9000 up front but they never told me where I stood financially. When I asked, they provided a breakdown of it. I would advice anyone to be knowledgeable of the protocols an financials and ask questions if you don’t understand something.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Center of Dallas.
Dr. Putman was not available for almost all of my monitoring appointments so the other dr in the office did them.
Upfront payment was over $9000. That is not counting any copays for visits before I paid the large amount.
I only had 2 eggs available to transfer and he did both.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Once we started the IUIs [with Dr. Michael Putman] and before we moved forward with IVF, we ran additional testing, including genetic testing via Horizon and natural killer cell testing...I underwent one round of IVF, producing two embryos. Dr. Putman, along with is Embryologist, Dr. Zhang, both felt like we could do better and changed my protocol accordingly for the second round, which I am getting ready to start...He is someone who doesn’t mess around with treatment options, yet, we never felt pressured to pursue more invasive interventions, such as IVF.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Dr. Putman is a kind and gentle care provider. I have always felt that he takes the time, never rushing us through appointments. He is someone who doesn’t mess around with treatment options, yet, we never felt pressured to pursue more invasive interventions, such as IVF. Initially, my husband and I did not think IVF was right for us. Dr. Putman, suggested we start with other interventions first. When those were unsuccessful, he used that information to inform his next recommendations, and eventually, I underwent one round of IVF, producing two embryos. Dr. Putman, along with is Embryologist, Dr. Zhang, both felt like we could do better and changed my protocol accordingly for the second round, which I am getting ready to start. In addition, I felt that he was aware of my labs and results at all stages of the IVF process even changing protocol decisions along the way, including the type of trigger shot to use. Overall, I have had a very positive experience. However, I would have liked to have seen more alternative approaches incorporated into my treatment plan, including acupuncture, a review of harmful toxins, etc.
Don’t expect him to force your hand and tell you what to do. He will make recommendations, but you will also need to have voice and advocate for yourself.
In any practice, it is not just the doctor’s responsibility to make the patients feel like a human rather than a number. Every member of the Fertility Center of Dallas has made sure to treat me as a woman desperate for help. Certainly, Dr. Putman sets the standard, and every appointment I go to, I feel that he has familiarized himself with my file, ensuring he is prepared to answer all questions. He also includes my husband in the dialogue. He reflects on the data and manages to find the balance between simply explaining possible approaches while providing all the details.
DIAGNOSTIC STAGE After initial consultation with Dr. Putman, he ran all the standard tests plus additional testing he recommended after IUI #2. The HSG revealed I have a possible blocked tube. Other tests indicate good reserves and AMH and FSH levels for my age. Once we started the IUIs and before we moved forward with IVF, we ran additional testing, including genetic testing via Horizon and natural killer cell testing. All were “normal.” My husband has some morphology issues and I have slight issues with hormone levels. IUI TREATMENTS 4 IUIs: 3 with natural ovulation (no trigger); 1 with an HCG trigger; all with Letrozole - IUI #1 (September 2016): Letrozole, no trigger shot, BFN. Ultrasounds starting around CD 10. IUI around CD15, one day after positive OPK. - IUI #2 (October 2016: Letrozole, no trigger shot, BFP, chemical pregnancy. We used OPKs and started monitoring with ultrasounds around CD 9 or 10 every two days or so. IUI happened on CD 14 or 15. It produced a positive pregnancy test with an HPT and beta on CD 28. Dr. Putman ran blood work every two days. HCG increased (12, 20 +/-), but did not double and by the fifth day after the initial beta test, HCG levels started to drop. I began to bleed 8 days after first beta. - IUI #3 (November 2016): Letrozole, no trigger shot, BFP, chemical pregnancy. We used OPKs and started monitoring with ultrasounds around CD 9 or 10 every two days or so. IUI happened on CD 14 or 15. It produced a very faint positive HPT for a couple of days (over 4 tests), but I was out of town for Thanksgiving and unable to run a beta. I started bleeding CD 32, four days after anticipated cycle start day. - IUI #4 (December 2016): Letrozole, HCG trigger shot, BFN. After the last IUI, we had a follow-up consultation with Dr. Putman. He had advised us that we would try three IUIs before moving on to next steps. There is no need to continue to try something that is not successful. However, we opted for one more IUI since I couldn’t start IVF until after the New Year anyway. He also presented the option of going in surgically to see if he notices anything else going on, specifically related to the blocked tube. Ultimately, we opted for the general work-around and started on the IVF journey. IVF TREATMENT IVF Cycle 1 (February 2017): OCP/Cetrotide Protocol (Antagonist) with ICSI and PGS - Doxycycline- 10 days - Lo-Ovral Cryselle OCPs for 21 days, no sugar pills - Menses: 4 days (didn’t start until day 4 and started stimulation the next day. - Stimulation for 11 days o Day 1-Day 3: 225 IU Gonal-F in AM; 75 IU Gonal-F in PM; 2 vials of Menopur (75 IU each) in PM • Estrogen spiked significantly so Dr. Putman removed second Gonal-F injection (75 IU) o Day 4: 225 IU Gonal-F in AM; 2 vials of menopur (75 IU each) in PM o Day 5-Day 9: 225 IU Gonal-F in AM; 2 vials of menopur (75 IU each) in PM; .25 mg Cetrotide in PM o Day 10: 225 IU Gonal-F in AM; 1 vials of menopur (75 IU each) in PM; .25 mg Cetrotide in PM; changed to Lupron trigger from Novarel to prevent OHSS o Day 11: 225 IU Gonal-F in AM; Lupron trigger in evening o Day 12: Nothing o Day 13: Egg retrieval Retrieval, Fertilization, and Embryo Results • Retrieved 17 eggs; • 2 that were mature were immediately identified as abnormal; • 2 were immature; • 13 looked viable and they attempted fertilization; • Of the 13 that they attempted to fertilize, 9 fertilized normally when they checked a day later resulting in 9 embryos incubating. • The embryologist doesn't really do three-day checks or let his patients know figures until the end of the process. They just wait it out with the philosophy that the best place for those little dudes is safe and sound in that incubator. At this point, the embryologist let me know that "normally" about half will make it to the blastocyst stage to be biopsied for pre-implantation genetic screening. Could be less, could be more. • A week later…. • Of the 9, 3 almost made it to blastocyst, but the third stopped growing on Day 6. • We have 2 embryos officially frozen. One is good quality. The other is questionable because it grew very late, was frozen on day 7, and is subpar quality. • Although they didn't sound too hopeful about the second, they were able to biopsy both for genetic testing (PGS). • They are keeping the PGS culture “on ice” for a while before we they have to send it off for testing with the hopes that we will bank another round and have more embryos to send. • The embryologist believes this process verified that egg quality is very likely the issue and explains the many early miscarriages. Of course that isn’t definitive, but I can role with hypotheticals. • I am giving my body a break from March though May and will start another round in June, which will be a different protocol with the hopes to get better results with a slower growing process. • The next round will be a 4.5-week stimulation (AACEP Protocol) process as compared to a 2-week stimulation process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Dallas. (Assigned nurse: Krissie (with IUIs), Andrea Farris and Jan Mazraani (with IVFs))
The nursing team is phenomenal. Krissy actually performed one of my successful IUIs and was so gentle, compassionate, kind, and informative. When she had to communicate the disappointing results of the beta levels and ultimate miscarriage, she did so in a very tender manner. I appreciated Andrea’s and Jan’s organization and help in explaining the IVF process. They returned calls quickly and responded professionally. Dr. Zhang, the Embryologist, was no different. She answered myriad questions, including at the starting point when we had many questions about the consents. She was so thorough in explaining and patient with our questions. When she delivered the news about the embryos, she was so kind yet matter of fact.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
I think the clinic is great. They were able to process anything that could be coded as a diagnostic through my insurance. The front staff, including Shelly, is helpful and efficient. Tina, the Administrator, put together an IVF estimate very quickly when we were thinking we needed to do it before the end of the year. The lab technician is wonderful as well. All labs and appointments are done on site. However, should an unusual circumstance arise, the clinic is connected to Baylor Hospital-Dallas so has extensive resources. For example, when I had to change my trigger shot to a Lupron shot, they had me go to different lab within Baylor to make sure that the results were expedited in order to confirm my egg retrieval.
Dr. Putman processed all that hey could via insurance; however, I do not have fertility treatment coverage. Therefore, we have spent around $25,000 thus far (IUS and one round of IVF with PGS).
We have discussed this vaguely with Dr. Putman and determined that we would have to wait and see what the final embryo results are from both rounds before making decisions about transfers.
Dallas

Very nice and informative. But I feel like his [Dr. Putman] consults and conversations are rehearsed and told many times over. Don't see him other than consults and the actual procedures. Definitely don't feel like I'm the focus... He's also told us that we are unexplained infertility. Last consult he told us I should go in for surgery and if he finds something while he's in there then he can fix it. I'm NOT having a surgery and paying all of that money on his whim that he might find something.
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Very nice and informative. But I feel like his consults and conversations are rehearsed and told many times over. Don't see him other than consults and the actual procedures. Definitely don't feel like I'm the focus.
Ask questions. Tell him how you feel.
Some staff aren't very compassionate or interactive. Last visit to his office he had me do a booster shot to force ovulation when he knows I ovulate perfectly fine on my own. I didn't speak up when I should have. It's very expensive and I regret it now. I feel like he had me do the booster just because I was probably going to ovulate on my own over the weekend and he didn't want to have to come up there. I could be wrong but who knows. Prior to the booster shot I was told to go home (45 minutes away) and take an ovulation test and come back if it was negative for the shot. The receptionist actually told my nurse to let me use ovulation tests they had there in the office instead of making me go home. Awkward and uncomfortable to be around that conversation. He's also told us that we are unexplained infertility. Last consult he told us I should go in for surgery and if he finds something while he's in there then he can fix it. I'm NOT having a surgery and paying all of that money on his whim that he might find something. I feel like that's absolutely ridiculous.
Only thing my husband and I have done is consultations, multiple sono's to follow follicle growth, IUI's and one booster shot.
Very quiet. Not much information shared. Not very compassionate or comforting. Only one nurse I found nice.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
Go in with specific questions. They are very routine. I'm sure everyone else that goes through that office hears the same thing.
No insurance coverage so everything was VERY expensive. Every follicle sono was almost $75. Consults were over $100. IUI was $500 and sperm wash was $95.

How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Dr. Putman and his nurses and clinic are exceptional. Dr. Putman's concerns didn't always match what other REs had said, and Dr. Putman always turned out to be the one that was right. We are so thankful we went there. Although Dr. Putman was not very vocal and did not provide a lot of information during our visits, he was always very calm and made me feel reassured which helped minimize stress for me. I just decided to relax and trust his judgment without worrying over the details. If I had asked more questions, I'm sure he would have responded.
Good clinic with good personal attention. Would not recommend if you want a very talkative doctor.
Not much communication with Dr. Putman but was very quick and easy to correspond with nurses at any time.
We just did a standard protocol as there were no concerns other than MFI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Dallas. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Excellent. Quick responses to calls or emails and were usually corresponding with Dr. Putman to answer my questions...If I did have any concerns, it was easy to have them answered by contacting the nurses who would then check in with Dr. Putman.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
The clinic is smaller and does not batch cycles. They were very accommodating of my schedule and making the cycle work for me. I felt the personalized attention was very good. The only aspect of his clinic that needs improvement is the financial department. I couldn't get any information about cost of IVF until I had completed my preliminary consult. Even then, I was repeatedly told "It's just $10,000" and had a hard time getting answers as to what that $10,000 included. After pressing for more information, I was finally given an itemized statement. It turns out the $10,000 was just an estimate and treatment could be more or less based on your needs and insurance. There was a very large range of possible price for ICSI ($500-$2500) and I never got a specific answer about how the price for ICSI would be determined. I don't mean to imply that there was any wrong doing on the part of the financial team but the lack of transparency just became very frustrating
It ended up being around $9,000 with insurance covering some monitoring and bloodwork.

PCOS, Immunological
Right after my 2nd transfer during the holidays he was available on his emergency line to answer a question about my medication...Dr Putman didn't seem irritated that I interrupted his personal time and he was very familiar with our situation... ordered alot of diagnostic testing to include HSG xray. He also did alot tests through blood work for both me and my husband. Dr Putnam did my egg retrieval and 2 transfers...
PCOS, Immunological
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
I have been impressed with Dr Putman from day 1. He has always explained everything very well. Never seemed rushed. Has great bedside manner. Right after my 2nd transfer during the holidays he was available on his emergency line to answer a question about my medication. The instructions were clear but they were different than my 1st transfer, so paranoid me wanted confirmation. Dr Putman didn't seem irritated that I interrupted his personal time and he was very familiar with our situation.
Advice I would give anyone going through ivf - take it one step at a time.
We were always greeted by name. Dr and nurses all were knowledgeable about our situation and goals.
Dr Putman ordered alot of diagnostic testing to include HSG xray. He also did alot tests through blood work for both me and my husband. Dr Putnam did my egg retrieval and 2 transfers.
Andrea, Jan and Chrissy are all very compassionate and attentive.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
The clinic as a whole is very attentive to you as a person. Only advice I would give to a new patient is to just take it one step at a time. During my egg retrieval and transfers we got a calendar and I took it as written in stone (planned leave for work, family events, etc) just be flexible.
Insurance covered diagnostic tests and ultrasounds. But for the most part all other costs were out of pocket. What wasn't very clear from the start was how much medication would cost.
Dr Putman encouraged 1 embryos transfer due to possible complications with carrying multiples.

Endometriosis, Immunological, Unexplained
Once diagnosed with Abnormal Natural Killer Cells [by Dr. Michael Putman] we started Intralipid Infusions...He took the time to talk through his plans thoroughly! Answered every questioned asked, no matter how much the answer would hurt. He knew what we wanted and worked so hard to give us our baby...was extremely honest with every procedure. He walked through what medications I would take, side effects and expectations. Amazing doctor!! He had a list of probabilities and marked each one off as we walked through our journey. We now have a almost 6month old boy because of his guidance.
Endometriosis, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Dr Putman was extremely honest with every procedure. He walked through what medications I would take, side effects and expectations. Amazing doctor!! He had a list of probabilities and marked each one off as we walked through our journey. We now have a almost 6month old boy because of his guidance.
Dr Putman is honest! He will not sit and tell you what you want to hear every time! He wants the same outcome you want and will work extremely hard to make sure you are holding a baby in your arms!
I really do not remember protocols. I took Gonal-f, Follistem, Menapur, Clomid, Femara, Lupron, Novarel, Ovidrel and Prometrium. Once diagnosed with Abnormal Natural Killer Cells we started Intralipid Infusions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Dallas. (Assigned nurse: Krissie Ottinger)
Kind, always available, responded quickly to calls and emails. Very compassionate and encouraging!
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
Fertility Center of Dallas is a very clean office, kind staff, always on time. They had a quick check in and check out. Exam rooms are kept clean as well. Top of the line sonogram machines. The carry some fertility medication in case of emergencies!
Our services were covered under our health insurance with United Health Care. It covered $10k for medications and $10k for IVF.

PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
Every time [Dr. Michael Putman] came into the exam room he knew EVERY detail of our personal situation and took the time to answer all questions and never seemed rushed to move on...chooses single embryo for the reduced risk of pregnancy complications... is very personable and explains things well. He is a very compassionate doctor that seems to care more than any I have been to...He know every detail of our personal situation every time we see him.
PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Dr Putman is very personable and explains things well. He is a very compassionate doctor that seems to care more than any I have been to. He know every detail of our personal situation every time we see him.
Relax, he’s great!!!
Every time we went into the office we were greeted by name. Every time Dr Putman came into the exam room he knew EVERY detail of our personal situation and took the time to answer all questions and never seemed rushed to move on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Dallas. (Assigned nurse: Jan)
Jan has a bubbly personality and is a great communicator. She answered all or our questions to the best of her ability and never left us guessing. Great person!!
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
The clinic is fully equipped for all treatments. The lab technician that draws blood is excellent. The Doctors and staff are amazing!!! They put you at ease from the moment you walk in the door. They offer private areas for some deeds that need to be done, and don’t heard people in and out like cattle.
Overall cost reasonable, but may be out of range for many. Has cost several thousands out of pocket due to insurance not covering fertility.
Dr Putman chooses single embryo for the reduced risk of pregnancy complications.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Putman is very knowledgeable about the procedures and try to explain in full detail of what is expected...beside side manor very humble...he is very thorough. He is very respectful to the patient and guest making sure each process is completely understandable.... So far I am 6wk post op from uterine fibroids, he explained the next steps that will be taken; hormone test and great possibility that IVF will be needed because of my age
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Dr. Putman is very knowledgeable about the procedures and try to explain in full detail of what is expected...beside side manor very humble...he is very thorough. He is very respectful to the patient and guest making sure each process is completely understandable. The feeling in the office is warm and welcoming. My only concern is the cost for services. My insurance covers medical cost but not infertility cost and I will have to cover 6-8k in medication cost then an additional cost of 10k for IVF.
He is a great doctor
The team and staff were very friendly and personable
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
The clinic has a nice warm and welcoming environment, small and cozy. The staff is very friendly and courteous. I do feel that there should be more privacy when the receptionist is speaking with a patient on the phone, the patients in the waiting room can hear.
9800 +1600 medical cost billed to my insurance for uterine fibroid surgery and my out of pocket cost for the procedure 3200

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Putman was very good at explaining every step of the cycle. He made us feel very comfortable. Even after the pregnancy was unsuccessful, he was very compassionate and Empathetic. Dr. Putman is very good at making you feel that your situation is the only one he is helping. We are seeing him for our second cycle for frozen transfer. Looking forward to Dr. Putman help.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Trust Dr. Putman completely. He has your well-being in his best interest.
Human
We meet with the nurse to give us our calendar. The calendar explain to us each step up to the transfer. My first cycle was done in 2015 so I don’t remember all specifics. I do know I had to call the nurse when I started my cycle so that she could fill in the dates. I ordered the medication before the start on my cycle to have all medications ready. From the start of my cycle to the transfer took about two months.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Dallas. (Assigned nurse: Andrea )
She was very good on communicating every step and exactly what I needed to do.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
Dr. Putman Very well organized and very friendly. You will feel very welcomed and comfortable when you are in their care. It can be a overwhelming process but they are there with you every step of the way.
The cost we paid was $13,000. Not including the medications.

2010 - 2014
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Michael Putman] is very conservative- you start with IUIs then once completed you go to Ivf. It’s about the process timeline, for transfer was only once you had enough embryos . But all cases are different . He Is older and very educated, person who listens to you and allows your questions to be answered.... Timed and calendar natural intercourse a year, 3 months of iui, maybe more- then more months of trying to plan cycles for ivf with meds. Then freezing embryos and doing a cycle after mult collection phases.
2010 - 2014
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
He is very conservative- you start with IUIs then once completed you go to Ivf. It’s about the process timeline, for transfer was only once you had enough embryos . But all cases are different . He Is older and very educated, person who listens to you and allows your questions to be answered.
Ask questions- if you are old- still insist on the tube cleaning and check of your uterus.
Dr Putman was kind and was very informative on everything, he walked you through every appointment. The clinic was clean and staff kind.
High turn over is expected, so you don’t always get the same nurse.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
Front desk has a high turn over, the people are not always able to answer your questions, but the nurses have answering machines and they will call you back. I also found out that some clinics have financial help - this clinic did not- it was out of pocket always.
Embryo mgt yearly- 1000 /yr Meds- 3k per cycle 10k ivf- per cycle
Putman froze our together. I was not happy about that. Because I did want to risk a high risk pregnancy.
Dallas

He [Dr. Putman] took the time to sit down with my husband and I and explain all the details and every possible out come... I have been to his office for three appointments now and every single appoinment he was behind. I know its frustrating for me to be waiting but then I think he is taking his time with each and every patient to make sure they are taken care of. Then the frustration of being behind is okay.... Consulation was $560,
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Make sure you schedule for your appointments to go longer than expected. Just know that you are getting the best treatment in all of Dallas he is for sure worth the wait.
He took the time to sit down with my husband and I and explain all the details and every possible out come
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
The office is very clean and easy to get to. You do have to park in a parking garage. I would reccomend looking at which parking garage to park at before driving. It can get very confusing if you are not use to driving in Downtown Dallas.
My insurance does not cover anything. Consulation was $560, Each Sonogram is $210(Ive had three done so far), I had blood work done for $144. Follow up consultaion is $85

Male Factor, Other
Dr Putman was an amazing doctor. He made us feel very welcome...He explained everything in deep detail and answered any questions we had. He made us feel very comfortable while going through this process. I never felt awkward around him. I like how he does a full consultation before and after the process...Listen to everything he has to say. He for sure knows his knowledge.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Dr Putman is an amazing doctor. He explained everything in deep detail and answered any questions we had. He made us feel very comfortable while going through this process. I never felt awkward around him. I like how he does a full consultation before and after the process.
Listen to everything he has to say. He for sure knows his knowledge.
Dr Putman was an amazing doctor. He made us feel very welcome.
They had answers to all my questions I had and was very helpful.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
The clinic was very nice and maintained well. We never had to wait long for our appointments. And any financial questions we had we always got fast responses. All I have are good things to say about this clinic.
Total for both cycles and including medication was about $23000
Since we have male infertility Dr Putman recommended during our first transfer to only transfer one embryo. When that didn’t work the second transfer he recommended transferring 2 embryos but did not push us to make that decision.
Dallas

Dr. Putman didn’t waist any time getting diagnostics started. Testing was started on day 1 of initial consultation...is “on it”. The first day he met with us he had a plan. Testing began and treatment plan initiated. That really put my husband and I at ease as no other Dr had ever done any testing for us. He really explained his suggested plan and also gave other options in case we wanted to try another route of treatment...there is a lot of information coming at you on day 1 and can be a little overwhelming.
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Dr. Putman is “on it”. The first day he met with us he had a plan. Testing began and treatment plan initiated. That really put my husband and I at ease as no other Dr had ever done any testing for us. He really explained his suggested plan and also gave other options in case we wanted to try another route of treatment.
Relax- there is a lot of information coming at you on day 1 and can be a little overwhelming. Try to relax and breathe.
Staff is friendly. Dr. Putman didn’t waist any time getting diagnostics started. Testing was started on day 1 of initial consultation.
I have only really had diagnostic testing done so far but we are getting ready to start IVF
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
Clinic is friendly. They are quick to return missed calls and messages. They have early morning appointments which is great for people that work. You get in at your scheduled appointment time. They don’t make you wait like some clinics do.

IUI, 1 IVF
He [Dr. Michael Putman] was the only dr with staff that made me feel really good and important. We got negative cycles back to back because we were only avoiding spending extra money but in the end it worked out. They were always on top of things and explained everything so well... He was always thorough... The clinic [Fertility Center of Dallas] is amazing. They are in top of things. On top of your cycles and schedules. They sympathized with you. Checked you for everything to make sure you got the meds you needed. They also once donated to me a medication I was out of
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
He was the only dr with staff that made me feel really good and important. We got negative cycles back to back because we were only avoiding spending extra money but in the end it worked out. They were always on top of things and explained everything so well.
Look into payment plan options for your clinic. It would help you out a lot and give you more patients. There’s a lot of people seeking to get pregnant and they can’t because they can’t afford it. This would help you and us as well
He was always thorough
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
The clinic is amazing. They are in top of things. On top of your cycles and schedules. They sympathized with you. Checked you for everything to make sure you got the meds you needed. They also once donated to me a medication I was out of
It was expensive

2013 - 2014
He [Dr. Michael Putman] was very sweet and caring the whole time...He was very understanding. He acted like he cared and wanted us to get pregnant as bad as we did. He was super excited to call and tell me my blood results and that we were pregnant. I had early cramping and he got me Right in to do an ultrasound to check on the baby, and even monitored my levels closely...Iui with injectables and without, clomid, famera
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
You are in the best of hands. I have recommended my best friend to use him.
He was very sweet and caring the whole time.
Iui with injectables and without, clomid, famera
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Dallas. (Assigned nurse: Chrissy)
Everyone was amazing, except the office manager she was the only rude one.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
Everyone was knowledgeable and very helpful, the office manager Lisa was not nice nor did she have great bedside manners. Lily was super sweet and knowledgeable too. All the nurses are willing to help with anything you need.
We transferred two
Dallas

[Dr. Putman is] Very compassionate kind listens understands excellent bedside manner. Truly cares about his patients. Makes sure you understand everything throughout the process. Excellent at what he does. Very knowledgeable... I used hcg injection and femara with my iui cycles. One iui did not work but I’m currently waiting for results of the second iui.... They [Fertility Ctr of Dallas] are very compassionate trustworthy open with communication, knowledgeable, understanding. They will be there to support you and all questions along the way. Not a weakness I could think of. Excellent staff.
How was your experience with Michael Putman at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Be open and ask questions
He is very compassionate
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
They are very compassionate trustworthy open with communication, knowledgeable, understanding. They will be there to support you and all questions along the way. Not a weakness I could think of. Excellent staff.
To date I’ve spent $6,500 for two iui and medications