Institute for Reproductive Health

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolStanford U.
Florence, KY 41042
3805 Edwards Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45209
513.924.5550
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Scheiber to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Institute for Reproductive Health to a friend?
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Treatment plans never changed [with Dr. Michael Scheiber], nor were any further tests recommended after several failed transfers. The only solution seemed to be to throw another complete round of donor egg ivf at us....For frozen embryo transfers 1-3, estrace was started at day 1, 3X per day. Progesterone was started 5 days before transfer. 1 early loss and 2 negatives. FET 4 was a “natural cycle” with with follicle monitoring. Once follicle was big enough, we did the trigger shot to release the egg. FET was then a week later. Progesterone was started 5 days before the transfer. Transfer resulted in a negative beta.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Appointments always felt very rushed. If I had questions during the appointment, he didn’t answer, but referred me to the nursing staff. When asking for further testing after an early loss, I felt treated as a child asking for a second piece of cake. Treatment plans never changed, nor were any further tests recommended after several failed transfers. The only solution seemed to be to throw another complete round of donor egg ivf at us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Be very knowledgeable about treatment options and advocate for yourself! Be very blunt in asking for answers to any questions you may have!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
explanations of treatments were never given. Monitoring visits were always very rushed, and when I asked questions during he would refer me to the nursing staff as if he couldn’t be bothered to answer.
Describe the protocols Michael Scheiber used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
The nurses were very knowledgeable and answered questions very thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic is very clean and professional. The front desk person was always friendly and helpful! The donor coordinator was so helpful during the whole process, making me feel very comfortable. The main drawback was feeling like a number in the clinic without getting any further testing that was requested.
Cincinnati
He [Dr. Scheiber] is a wonderful doctor and person. I don't think the reason we have been unsuccessful is his fault. I wish we hadn't rushed into IVF, but he did feel that my age was a bigger factor than I feel it is. He is warm and caring but he is very by the book and often hesitates to change protocols. But he knows what he is doing. He has been in the business a very long time.... We started out with Letrozole, which I did respond to, but I was not conceiving. We moved onto Letrozole with Trigger Shot and IUI, and I still was not successful. I took a break for a few months and then did IVF.
He is a wonderful doctor and person. I don't think the reason we have been unsuccessful is his fault. I wish we hadn't rushed into IVF, but he did feel that my age was a bigger factor than I feel it is. He is warm and caring but he is very by the book and often hesitates to change protocols. But he knows what he is doing. He has been in the business a very long time.
Understand that he is a human doctor, not god. He has limitations and nothing is guaranteed. Know that he is always willing to sit down and talk to you, just make sure you call and schedule the time for the sake of his time and yours.
Most of the time I completely felt like a human but there were a few times that it was so busy that I could tell I was being rushed through.
We started out with Letrozole, which I did respond to, but I was not conceiving. We moved onto Letrozole with Trigger Shot and IUI, and I still was not successful. I took a break for a few months and then did IVF. We did this because I was approaching age 35. 8 eggs were retrieved and we ended up with 3 embryos. My first transfer was fresh and it ended in a Chemical Pregnancy. I took a break for several months before I transferred a frozen embryo but that failed. Right now we are just waiting before we do anything else because of finances.
They were always very warm and caring. They work very hard. Sometimes it would take awhile to hear back but that is only because they are busy with their patients in the office too.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic is very nice. They have a few satellite offices that really help since Greater Cincinnati is so big. They have recently added a nurse practitioner who is able to help with some appointments which makes wait times better and scheduling easier. I know they often have support group nights but I have never attended. My biggest suggestion would be for them to have an actual counselor on site who is able to help couples mentally and emotionally prepare. It is by far the scariest and hardest thing I ever had to go through and I felt like I was just winging it so much of the time. Someone like this or even information on resources that people can reach out to on their own would be a giant help. All of the doctors are really great. I can't speak for any other clinics, but overall I have been very happy with Dr. Scheiber and IRH. We are just still waiting for our happy ending. Sadly, a lot of times things just come down to finances and that is just a sad fact of life in this country.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Pretty efficient. I definitely never waited in line or anything like that. My appointments were scheduled within the monitoring window and it worked out well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health.
I know our insurance helped cover our inseminations, so I can't remember the cost of those. I believe our fresh IVF cycle was $9000 and my frozen cycle was $4500, not including meds.
Describe Michael Scheiber's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Dr. Scheiber always let me choose. He is very pro eSET, which makes a lot of sense. Financially, I see why people often transfer more than 1, but eSET is the safest option for the health of the babies should you conceive so that is what we always did.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
On our first day one one D.R. Schiber had us down for an IUI when we have to do IVF, we were prescribed the wrong medicine and 2 months lost.... We never had a follow up call after our one embryo arrested. I had to follow up and wait two more months for another ‘consultation.... We never felt like Dr Schiber truly knew who we were and he was very quick during office visits. We never felt like we had a chance to ask him questions & felt as if we were a bother to him.
European, Latino
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Several miscommunication errors. On our first day one one D.R. Schiber had us down for an IUI when we have to do IVF, we were prescribed the wrong medicine and 2 months lost. (Travel following month). Once we started our IVF cycle we were anticipated to get 4 eggs but only retrieved one. We did know that there was this possibility but we never got a clear answer of why. The retrieving doctor (Dr Awadalla) told us something different from Dr Schiber. Dr Schiber said he would get back to us after discussing with Dr Awadalla but that never happened. We never had a follow up call after our one embryo arrested. I had to follow up and wait two more months for another ‘consultation. Our next IVF cycle was canceled due to inconsistent growth. Following the canceled cycle we decided to go with donor embryos. Our nurse practitioner told us that the quality of the two donor embryos was good & great. Once I received my medical records from the Institute for Reproductive Health it showed that the embryos were actually rated good & poor. The donor cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy and once my beta numbers dropped I never received a call from the doctor. I even went in with terrible left side pain and never received a call following up with me. We have very specific fertility problems yet didn’t feel like we were on a tailored plan. I left the practice and found that my next doctor did throughout testing before starting an IVF cycle with us. We felt as if they just wanted out money and did not truly care if it worked for us, especially since we would never receive a call when each cycle did not result in a pregnancy. We never felt like Dr Schiber truly knew who we were and he was very quick during office visits. We never felt like we had a chance to ask him questions & felt as if we were a bother to him.
Ask questions even if you feel rushed and educated yourself before your visit. You know your body best and if you have specific concerns do your best to be heard.
Never present, never remembered us.
Antagonist - Femara, 75 Menopur/200 Gonal F adding certrotide. Canceled cycles was a Microdose Lupron flare.
The nurses were kind and patient but we had many scheduling mistakes. On more than 3 occasions we had to change appointment times because of a scheduling conflict on their end. They also wrote down a protocol completely wrong & scratched out everyone to rewrite it after we pointed out their mistake. Another big reason you should educate yourself. My husband has very low spent count so we wanted to freeze a few vials to be safe before egg retrieval. There was a miscommunication there & they were never frozen so he had to go back in. We were 100% out of pocket so taking time off of work & scheduling these appointments was very hard for us.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic was clean and support staff was great. Be prepared for several canceled appointments due to scheduling issues on their part, we had about 5. Ask all of the questions and do your own research.
9500 for full IVF cycle not including Medication. 4500 for donor embryo transfer.
We did not make it this far with our own embryos and we had to transfer the two donor at the same time because they were frozen together.
PCOS, Unexplained
We were thoroughly impressed with Dr. Scheiber and the entire team at IRH. He was very personable and extremely professional. We ended up relocating to a different state without getting pregnant, but even after we left, he and his staff were helpful in providing necessary records and recommendations to resume treatment elsewhere. We'd highly recommend Scheiber!...We started on a low-dose pill I took during 5 days of my menstrual cycle. I didn't respond as much as hoped (in terms of follicle growth), so the dosage was increased 50% for the remaining 4 cycles. We tried IUIs 4 times.
PCOS, Unexplained
The team at IRH work seamlessly to provide care every day of the week. For the in-office treatments and some investigative procedures, you will probably be seen by other doctors. They're all very good at IRH.
Dr. Scheiber always treated us like people. He was patient to explain our case and options with us.
We started on a low-dose pill I took during 5 days of my menstrual cycle. I didn't respond as much as hoped (in terms of follicle growth), so the dosage was increased 50% for the remaining 4 cycles. We tried IUIs 4 times. Had we not relocated to another state, we would have skipped the intermediary option and gone straight to IVF. This was recommended because of my age (and weight).
All of the nurses we encountered during our treatment were professional and caring.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
IRH is a fantastic clinic all around. The staff are people too, so even though service is provided every day, you may not have the same staff each visit. This didn't bother us at all since they work seamlessly together and we had regular check-in visits with our primary doctor (Dr. Scheiber) there.
Our medical insurance coverage was quite good. I don't remember exact costs, but we found the costs to be competitive (for the U.S.)
2014 - 2017
Dr. Scheiber was very quick to diagnose me with PCOS. A quick ultrasound confirmed his diagnosis. I had to have a surgery before we started treatments to clear tissue out of my uterus. We started with femara. That wasn’t working well so I was given injectables. We did 5 or 6 iui’s all with femara and injectables without success. Dr. Scheiber was positive during the whole process but also realistic. He saw that iui’s weren’t working and suggested a meeting to discuss new ideas. Which was IVF. We were lucky to have some insurance coverage so we were able to start right away. We did education day the middle of January and injections started the second week of February. I had my first retrieval 2/24. Transfer was 2/27. We transferred two 3 day embryos. They didn’t stick. Second retrieval was 4/14. Transfer was 4/19. We transferred two 5 day embryos. They also didn’t stick. That was a very low point for me. If it wasn’t for Dr. Scheiber I would have quit right there. He convinced me to try a frozen transfer with our remaining 2 embryos. Our last chance. Dr. Scheiber was super upbeat and during the transfer on 5/25 he was like this is it! This time is going to work! On June 8 2016 I received the best phone call ever. I was pregnant! We had our first 2 ultrasounds at IRH then we graduated to my OB/GYN. On February 10,2017 I had a healthy baby boy!!
You’ve made the right choice choosing IRH and Dr. Scheiber. He’s kind but will tell you the truth. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Schieber always greeted me with a smile, and was always positive about the treatments I was doing. He answered mine and my husband’s questions. He was always approachable.
I wish I was better at names. Everyone at IRH is amazing and kind. I never came across any rude people in all my many visits to the office. I remember being told good luck by other nurses who I had before, just not that day. I believe they all genuinely care for all their patients and they all want to help you have a baby.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
IRH strengths: -The Drs/nurses work well together. They all enjoy being there. That makes their patients more comfortable about being there. -they’re knowledgeable about their field. They’re very confident on their treatment plans. -the wait times aren’t usually long. I don’t think I’ve waited longer than 10 minutes in the room. - they have 3 offices for patients convenience. The only weakness is their new phone system. I’m not a huge fan of automated. But I know it helps them help more people. I would just like to talk to a real person.
I was going like every other day or every 2 days for like two weeks during the cycle. I was usually able to schedule appointments when it was convenient for me. But obviously some days don’t work as well as others.
We were lucky and had insurance coverage. The drugs were expensive. I think for the Iui and ivf cycles we paid close to $10,000 on drugs and $10,000 for the cycles. Our costs would have doubled or tripled had we not had coverage.
We chose to transfer two embryos. We thought it would give us a better shot at atleast one sticking. The office suggests one, but won’t do any more than two.
2014 - 2017
Dr. Scheiber is very much to the point but makes sure I understand what's happening. He listens and responds to my questions no matter how long it takes. He was very straightforward about our chances of conceiving without giving false hope or seeming overly negative. What really makes me feel great about seeing him is the way he treated me when I miscarried. He had to deliver the news to us and even though he sees this all the time was visibly upset, which made me feel he truly cares. He then came in several hours early on his surgery day to fit me in so I wouldn't have to wait several days for a d&c. We are about to do our first frozen embryo transfer with him this month. We were having trouble getting the money together so shopped around for a cheaper clinic. We found one and I called IRH to see if he would match their price. He did far better than match it to keep me there and to not risk transporting our precious embryos elsewhere. Because of that we're able to do the transfer now rather than 6 months to a year from now. I feel like every bit of my treatment protocol has been spot on and I trust him implicitly. I know we're in excellent hands and feel 100% confident we'll have our miracle baby soon!
Ask questions! Even if you think of them later. He gives minimum detail unless you ask.
Dr. Scheiber always takes time to explain everything and makes sure I understand. He answers my questions thoroughly and honestly.
3 IUIs: only medication used was Ovidrel since we have male factor infertility. All 3 resulted in negative tests. IVF: can't recall the protocol but started birth control to suppress my cycle so it could be easily fracked and timed. Went off that and began stim injections to produce a number of eggs. Was closely monitored via ultrasound to check progress and retrieval was set based on follicle size. We had 12 follicles, 9 eggs retrieved, 6 5-day old blastocysts. We transferred 1 embryo which resulted in pregnancy but ended at 10 weeks due to chromosomal abnormality. Dr. Scheiber did not recommend pre genetic screening for the embryos because I do not have infertility and have high quality eggs. FET#1: prescribed Estrace beginning cycle day 1. Will be monitored for ovulation via ultrasound. Once I've ovulated the transfer will be scheduled for 5 days later. Upon transfer I'll begin progesterone therapy until at least the beta test 8-10 days later, longer if the test is positive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
All the IRH nurses are wonderful, but every time Heather was working when I was there she requested to work with me. We really connected at the West Chester office and she remembered me each time I was in. She has such a positive energy and exudes the hope all staff at a place like this should. She was a huge cheerleader for us through the whole process and when we got our positive. She was in the room when we found out we lost our baby and cried right along with us. I will never forget her or her compassion.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Weaknesses: the phone system is a bit confusing, even for seasoned patients. Also really have to pay attention to your bill for errors. Strengths: multiple locations around the city. Drs belong to The Christ Hospital which is the best in Cinci in my opinion. They offer an online and inperson support group which has been so wonderful.
IUI: about $1k/cycle IVF: $10k plus around $4k for medication FET: $4500 plus about $350 for medication
Dr. Scheiber is a huge proponent for eSET unless there is a strong medical reason to transfer more than one. His logic is technology has advanced to a point it's no longer necessary to transfer multiple to be successful and since a multiples pregnancy is riskier than a singleton he avoids recommending it if possible. At the end of the day though it's the patients decision, but he will make sure you have all the facts to make an informed choice.
West Chester
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Don’t expect to see him [Dr. Michael Scheiber] much...I will say that the protocol that was used and rationale behind it was not explained to me. Maybe I should’ve asked more questions, but I just followed directions. There was no explaining of ‘why’ they were doing things this particular way...When consulting with Dr. S via phone after my failed IVF cycle, I felt like he was not even looking at my chart. He mentioned uterine fibroids, when previously he mentioned my uterus looking perfect. I didn’t feel I was getting the individual treatment I was wanting at this moment when discussing this huge disappointment in my life.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Scheiber performed a laparoscopy on me and I was under his care for IUIs and IVF. He was very comforting at the time of surgery. He does explain things in a way that it is easy to understand. I did not like the fact that I barely saw him after my surgery. The majority of treatment was performed by his counter parts. I was surprised when I went in for my egg retrieval that he was not even there for that. I thought for sure I would see him then, and I was disappointed that no one informed me he would not be doing the procedure. I did not see him one time during my IVF cycle, and it was pretty much the same for the IUIs I had the year before. When consulting with him after the egg retrieval (failed cycle), I felt as though he offered generic advice and did not have my chart to look at. He offered no change in protocol when I asked about future treatment, which was discouraging.
Don’t expect to see him much.
I do not remember specifically the protocols that were used specifically for me. I used injectables for three IUI attempts (one was cancelled due to large follicle being on the side where I did not have a tube) and an IVF cycle. I will say that the protocol that was used and rationale behind it was not explained to me. Maybe I should’ve asked more questions, but I just followed directions. There was no explaining of ‘why’ they were doing things this particular way.
The nursing staff was overall very caring and more willing to spend time answering questions I had.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Very nice facility. Clean and comfortable. I always got a call back when calling with questions from for the staff. The clinic seems to be organized, overall and it was not overcrowded. I never had to wait too long. They also helped me to find my medications at the best possible price at that time.
I do not remember specifically.
No comment
Cincinnati
Dr. Scheiber himself has been the best out of the three doctors we've seen but is still only so so, and I wish it felt more like he cared about me as a person rather than a case....Other than passed tissues across a table and a few reassuring head nods, the doctors seemed to have minimal empathy for the pain and frustration associated with this invasive, frustrating, and traumatic process. My miscarriage was described (by another doctor at the clinic) as "disappointing." I'm sure it was disappointing for them and their statistics, but for me it was one of the saddest experiences of my life. Disappointing doesn't begin to cover it
I answered this on an earlier question. On one foot, this experience has been very frustrating and sad in its own right but also additionally so because of issues at the fertility clinic. Dr. Scheiber himself has been the best out of the three doctors we've seen but is still only so so, and I wish it felt more like he cared about me as a person rather than a case.
Make sure you do your homework and ask lots of questions along the way. There are times when my treatment course was adjusted or explanations were corrected because of information I supplied as opposed to information that they offered.
Other than passed tissues across a table and a few reassuring head nods, the doctors seemed to have minimal empathy for the pain and frustration associated with this invasive, frustrating, and traumatic process. My miscarriage was described (by another doctor at the clinic) as "disappointing." I'm sure it was disappointing for them and their statistics, but for me it was one of the saddest experiences of my life. Disappointing doesn't begin to cover it. There are also so many different nurses there that until IVF, I was just another patient. Once a nurse called me back and asked if my partner and I were having sex to increase our chances of IUI success. I'm a lesbian, so this wouldn't have helped. The nurse simply didn't think to open our chart before calling us...the first page would have told her that we're two women. The number of LGBT related microaggressions we experience is through the roof. We cross out mislabeled forms and correct their language on a regular basis. They also failed to manage my thyroid condition appropriately or advise me to seek treatment from an endocrinologist who could. This clinic has the best success rates in the area and switching at this point would cost us an additional thousand dollars at least, but I wish I had other options.
5 natural iui at my request. 1 iui with femara (bad reaction). IVF #1 fresh transfer, 225 follistim, ganirelix, ovidrel. Eset. Pregnancy...missed miscarriage at 9 weeks. D&C. IVF #2 in progress, 225 follistim, 75 menopur, ganirelix, ovidrel. PGS (to reduce chance of additional miscarriage...at my request)
This is so mixed. There might be 50 nurses working there. The IVF nurses are mostly good (though the other day one contradicted the doctor so that was frustrating), and they are more professional and compassionate than the other staff. Other nurses have been rude, homophobic, incompetent, or unprofessional. One seriously offended me and then had the dr. apologize on her behalf instead of doing it on her own like an adult.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Strength: efficiency, high reported success rates Weaknesses: human compassion, personalization of treatment, making you feel like they have time for you Do your homework before you go
IVF with ICSI 9,600. IUI total about $1000 (x7).
I'm young (27) so he prefers eSET, and I had "success" with it once and we will probably do this again this cycle.
Cincinnati
He [Dr. Michael Scheiber] was extremely caring and always asked about our daughter when we saw him. He had a great sense of humor during the whole process (which was appreciated!) while being frank with us about the challenges we would face trying to conceive at our ages... I had three IUIs (with Clomid and Ovidril) and had a negative result, a chemical pregnancy, a month off and a negative result before taking another month off to mentally regroup. After that month to regroup (and stop stressing about it!) I got pregnant on our fourth IUI (still with Clomid and Ovidril).
He was extremely caring and always asked about our daughter when we saw him. He had a great sense of humor during the whole process (which was appreciated!) while being frank with us about the challenges we would face trying to conceive at our ages.
Trust him. He will be frank with you.
Dr. Scheiber and his staff have always been very warm and compassionate. When I had a chemical pregnancy he called me after I had had several conversations with the nursing staff. He had very kind words for me and gave me some peace in a very emotional situation.
For my first pregnancy it took several rounds of Clomid before I ovulated. When I did finally ovulate I took Ovidril and he gave us the option to do IUI or not. We elected to do IUI (because we didn't know how long it would take before I would ovulate again) and I got pregnant. The second time around was not so easy. I had three IUIs (with Clomid and Ovidril) and had a negative result, a chemical pregnancy, a month off and a negative result before taking another month off to mentally regroup. After that month to regroup (and stop stressing about it!) I got pregnant on our fourth IUI (still with Clomid and Ovidril).
I didn't like that you can never talk to a live person but they are very prompt about returning calls. I never had a bad experience with a nurse on the phone or in person.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Strengths- Multiple locations, flexible hours, reasonable cost, good success and quality doctors and staff. All three doctors are great. Weaknesses- I didn't like when I was given an appointment to see the nurse practitioner (or felt like I was forced to see her) when I was told I was seeing one of the doctors. She, in my opinion, is very rough during examinations.
I think it was $475 for my first IUI in 2015 and $500 per IUI in 2016/2017.
Male Factor, Other
You will not see Dr Scheiber at every appointment. All of the doctors in the practice have different bedside manners and some are way different than others!...He is a very smart man, & I believe has the best interest in all of his patients...ICSI performed, 5 day transfer of one blastocyst rated perfect... We had done a lot of leg work in the beginning of treatment so he was ready to get started with us as soon as we arrived. We had all of our info in place and were just as eager to get started with treatment! We wish we were able to see him each time we went but there are 3 locations and 3 doctors. We have had to be flexible.
Male Factor, Other
We enjoy seeing Dr Scheiber. He cares for us and answers our questions. We have been with him from October 2016-current. We had done a lot of leg work in the beginning of treatment so he was ready to get started with us as soon as we arrived. We had all of our info in place and were just as eager to get started with treatment! We wish we were able to see him each time we went but there are 3 locations and 3 doctors. We have had to be flexible.
You will not see Dr Scheiber at every appointment. All of the doctors in the practice have different bedside manners and some are way different than others! I was shocked! He is a very smart man, & I believe has the best interest in all of his patients.
Dr. Scheiber was always very welcoming, accepting, and comforting. He spoke to both myself and my husband frequently in the office. He cared & answered all of my questions.
IUI with Femara days 3-7, once IUI was complete we had intercourse that evening and the next day - negative Another semen analysis was completed and nothing had changed since husband changed diet and started Clomid. IVF - BCP, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirilex, & HCG trigger - egg retrieval while under conscious sedation. ICSI performed, 5 day transfer of one blastocyst rated perfect. Started endometrin -negative test at 10dp5dt. Beginning 1st FET - Estradiol & baby aspirin day 1-day20. Day 14 ultrasound and will start endometrin at that time. Day 20 thaw and transfer of hopefully two blasts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Jacquie )
Nursing staff is great! They're helpful, but hard to get ahold of. We have to leave a message every time we have a question. We request they return a call between certain times and they do their best with that. A trend we have seen is they tend to return calls around 3:45-4:00 pm which is inconvenient because they don't return calls after 4. So if you miss the call between 3:45-4:00 you have to wait until the next day.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
You cannot speak to someone directly. You must leave a message and wait for a call back. Inconvenient for me working In healthcare field as well. Billing/financial is helpful but not as helpful as I wish they would be when it comes to insurance benefit and helping me figure out what is best. Nursing staff is helpful. Catering to me when I need to lay down for bloodwork. Drs schedules are hard to work with if you only want to see one doctor! Need to be flexible but everyone has been great!
IUI - $350ish IVF w/ ICSI - $20,000 billed to insurance. Roughly $11,000 if self pay. Meds were ordered through online pharmacy at $3,000 FET - $8,000 billed to insurance, $4500 if Self pay
Drs only wanted to transfer 1 embryo first cycle. We were disappointed as we wanted to transfer two. We were told it would only increase chances by 2%. We "had great odds with my age & the rating of our embryo". Resulted in negative pregnancy test. We are pushing for 2 embryos transferred this time. We had a lot of pushback transferring two the first round and was talked down upon when we asked about transferring two from another dr within the practice.
Cincinnati
He's [Dr. Scheiber] honest and seems to want the same outcome we want... He's hands on, takes the time to explain and waits for all my questions. At first I felt like just another patient but after our first loss he seemed more compassionate. Sometimes when I call the clinic he's the one that will call me back instead of the nurses and I appreciate that.... once you become a patient and have to deal with your actual doctor you do get treated like they really do want what's best for you.
Don't be embarked to ask anything and everything.
He's honest and seems to want the same outcome we want
If I remember correctly we don't really have any issues but Dr. Scheiber put his on our drill to increase our our number of follicles. He said it would probably take a few tries to work, but likely we got pregnant with the first two are you I cycles. And we even got pregnant with our fourth cycle. We had a third loss and that was the hardest and it was a situation that Dr. Scheiber had never dealt with as well. We all decided that a D&C would be the best option. He explained the risk.
I've always been pretty happy with the nurses there. Usually if I call before for Mike the message says I get a call back. There have been a few times where I haven't gotten a call before four and it definitely is frustrating but they usually apologize and we go on with life
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
This is the second fertility doctor I've seen and they are by far the best that I've been to. A lot of family also has been patient of theirs and they've all been satisfied. It does give little overwhelming because people are going in and out and sometimes it feels a bit not like a doctors office because people are spending so much money. But once you become a patient and have to deal with your actual doctor you do get treated like they really do want what's best for you.
We had fortunately insurance provider most of our coverage all we had to pay really was our $45 co-pay each cycle plus an eight dollar bill from the insurance so we're pretty blessed. These only cover are you why so anything after that we haven't done and I don't know how much they cost
Endometriosis, PCOS
The appointments felt rushed. He [Dr. Scheiber] never spent more than a few minutes in the exam room with us and gave us only a small window for questions...We felt like we were on an assembly line at each visit, being passed from station to station with little compassion. The appointments were very short and not very thorough considering what we were (and still are) going through...We started with Femara and trigger injections. We eventually did an IUI using this method but nothing worked. He wanted to move forward with injectables but when we brought up the chances of having multiples he seemed to brush it off a little bit.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Be ready with questions beforehand, you will not be able to reach anyone once you leave the office. Try to think of different scenarios that could happen during the exam and be prepared with your questions for each one.
The appointments felt rushed. He never spent more than a few minutes in the exam room with us and gave us only a small window for questions.
We met a LOT of different staff members at their offices, they are a large facility. None of them showed the compassion that we were hoping for and several were rude on the phone.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Knowing that they are a large facility and it might be easy for patients to get lost in the shuffle, more emphasis should be placed on patient care. Infertility is truly a nightmare and a lot of our visits were upsetting or made us extremely anxious. We didn't need our hands held but a little compassion can go a long way in times like that! The communication is by far the worst part, there is no way to talk to anyone once you leave. You leave a voicemail and hope to get a call back. It took three days to get a returned call once and when I explained that my question was time-sensitive (like many questions are with infertility) the girl on the phone seemed very annoyed.
We paid out of pocket for almost everything including exams, ultrasounds and procedures. Part of my surgery for endometriosis was covered, but we still paid $4700 after the fact.
Cincinnati
y husband and I underwent 12 cycles of treatment (we switched to Dr. S [Michael Scheiber] after the 9th or 10th cycle - he only needed 2 cycles to get the job done), and once the issue was identified, he went head on in finding a solution. When one cycle failed, he got a little more aggressive in treatment and adjusted our plan until we conceived our daughter. He didn't speak to us like a doctor, he spoke to us like human beings. He was thorough, always made sure we understood what was going on, and most importantly, made me feel so absolutely confident. Our transfers with him were the smoothest embryo transfers compared to other doctors and I always knew that he was right on the money.
European, Other
After having been a patient of Dr. Scheiber, I could not imagine having any other doctor. My husband and I underwent 12 cycles of treatment (we switched to Dr. S after the 9th or 10th cycle - he only needed 2 cycles to get the job done), and once the issue was identified, he went head on in finding a solution. When one cycle failed, he got a little more aggressive in treatment and adjusted our plan until we conceived our daughter. He didn't speak to us like a doctor, he spoke to us like human beings. He was thorough, always made sure we understood what was going on, and most importantly, made me feel so absolutely confident. Our transfers with him were the smoothest embryo transfers compared to other doctors and I always knew that he was right on the money.
The only advice I can offer a prospective patient is to take the leap of faith! Dr. Scheiber will not let you down. Whether you get the outcome you dream of or not, you will always know he did everything he could.
Dr. S had compassion, understood what my husband and I were going through, and refused to give up. He was determined to make our dreams come true and I felt I could ask him anything.
Dr. Scheiber didn't become my primary until later in my journey, and my diagnosis of factor II had just been discovered, but the minute I came to him he switched my medicines up to target the issue. Our first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy, so right away he made a few adjustments and the next cycle resulted in my daughter. I don't remember specifics, but I remember him being very vigilant in finding the right combination of medicine/injectibles.
The nursing staff is one of the best I've had the pleasure of working with. They were kind, understanding, incredible at making you feel at ease, and are sympathetic to what you are going through. They are always available to answer any questions and happy to help.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The office is incredibly organized! Your appointment will ALWAYS be right on time and every department of that office is very responsive to calls and questions. The nursing staff goes above and beyond and you will never leave the office feeling like you don't have a full understand of anything going on.
IRH offers a money back program. I believe it was $18,000 which gave you 2 egg retrievals, 2 fresh cycles, and 2 frozen cycles. If at the end of all of that you have not had a live birth, they give you 70% (I believe) of your money back.
Every time we did a transfer, we placed two embryos which I thought was perfect. Two was where he drew the line for me and I was very happy with that.
2013 - 2016
Dr Schieber was very kind and compassionate. When I had failed cycles he validated my sadness and then we came up with next steps together. And when we finally got pregnant he was very excited for us!...For my first child we did IUI with injectibles (follistim) 3 times. And the 3rd time worked! I wasnted to move onto IVF after the second cycle failed but Dr Sheiber encouraged me to do 3 cycles before moving on. I'm so glad he did.
2013 - 2016
Dr Schieber is very kind and compassionate. He has a really good sense of humor which was helpful to us during this season of life. There was one day that he seemed really rushed (but that was not the norm so I'm not sure if something was going on in the clinic that day that he needed to get to...?). One thing that I needed to adjust to initially was he didn't really seem to think taking "natural routes" would really help much... I asked him if I should go on a gluten-free or fairy-free diet and he just kind of chuckled. He said I could if I wanted to, but didn't think it would make much difference. The doctor I had seen before him was very much an advocate of the natural route so I had to adjust to Dr Schiebers mindset.
Go see him sooner than later!
For my first child we did IUI with injectibles (follistim) 3 times. And the 3rd time worked! I wasnted to move onto IVF after the second cycle failed but Dr Sheiber encouraged me to do 3 cycles before moving on. I'm so glad he did. I was also on progesterone starting in the latter half on my cycle and when I had a positive pregnancy test I was kept on it for 10-12 weeks. We started with this protocol because with my first Dr I had done 8 rounds with Femara/Progesterone and al had failed. I had also done an HCG and had a laparoscopy with my previous Dr and was diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. With my second child we also did injectibles (Global-F) and IUI twice. The second one resulted in a positive pregnancy test. I was also on Progesterone until week 10 of pregnancy.
They were excellent! Always called me back within hours. Were very kind and compassionate to me. Also, very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The wait time is usually under 10 minutes. They can schedule new patients within a few weeks. They were very flexible with my schedule. They are very kind and compassionate.
I think our IUI's (including monitoring appointments and sperm collection) were around $800. This did not include medication, as my insurance fortunately covered those.
2013 - 2016
Dr. Scheiber was a blessing to us, he always had our best interest at heart and always made sure we weren't wasting time or money on treatments....Dr Scheiber jumped right into treatment cycles- IUI with femara and ovidrel for trigger. He monitored me with bloodwork and ultrasounds before the actual IUI... He was always compassionate, caring, and a kind person. I always felt comfortable under his care, and he always helped me have a positive outlook.
2013 - 2016
Dr. Scheiber was a blessing to us, he always had our best interest at heart and always made sure we weren't wasting time or money on treatments. We were always on top of how cycles went and how to move forward for future cycles. He was always compassionate, caring, and a kind person. I always felt comfortable under his care, and he always helped me have a positive outlook. I would and have recommended him to anyone that needs to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist. I am forever grateful for his care and helping us to achieve a family.
Trust him, and his plan for you! He knows what he's doing.
He talked to me like I was a friend, a person with feelings.
After years of trying to conceive and complaining to my gynecologist, I knew something was wrong. I found a new Gynecologist and we started cloned right away (4 cycles) all were negative so we were referred to see Dr. Scheiber at IRH. A huge blessing!!! Dr Scheiber jumped right into treatment cycles- IUI with femara and ovidrel for trigger. He monitored me with bloodwork and ultrasounds before the actual IUI, and although it always took my body at least 4 cycles, we were happy and successful with 2 different pregnancies under Dr. Scheiber's care.
The nursing staff were always friendly, informative, and compassionate whether we had a negative or positive cycle.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
IRH has awesome positivity and support! The only downfall I experienced was their phone system, it's automated and you must leave a voicemail and then wait for them to call back. I was a little impatient to wait for a response from them while in cycles.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Scheiber always treated me with respect and showed genuine passion and dedication to our treatment. We are still undergoing treatment and have not even considered seeing someone else.... Dr. Schiber is very compassionate about infertility and dedicated to tearing his patients. He’s honest about his thoughts as to whether treatment is going to work and what he recommends.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Schiber is very compassionate about infertility and dedicated to tearing his patients. He’s honest about his thoughts as to whether treatment is going to work and what he recommends. The only thing that I disliked was seeing the NP whenever I had an appointment at the Rookwood office. At the Northern KY office you always see a physician
We were well prepared a head of time before going to the clinic. Have all medical record and test related to infertility sent before your appointment so that he has time to review and come up with a plan before your visit.
The nursing staff is thorough. You have to call a voice mail line first but the majority of the time you will receive a call back in less than 30 mins
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Strengths: dedication to success, doctors are friendly and very knowledgeable about infertility and express empathy and compassion. Weakness: size. Large clientele some may get lost in the shuffle. Sometimes you see a NP instead of a physician which can be frustrating when you want answers or direction for the next cycle
Uncovered cost have been around 2,000
3 IUI, Donor Eggs
If you think that you are a common case, then it will probably go well [with Dr. Micheal Scheiber]. If you need lots of communication and think you'll need extra testing etc, then I would consider someone else...We confirmed low AMH in my wife. We just tried donor eggs with ICSI and transferred the embryos. Not much changed beyond that, one miscarriage and no other pregnancies...We have had several visits by now and done 6 transfers and barely had much interaction at all with him. No further tests offered, just a statement that we need to keep trying or consider a gestational carrier along with donor eggs.
3 IUI, Donor Eggs
I feel he's very knowledgable and for most people he's probably good. For us he was not very communicative and was not interested in further testing even if we were willing to pay for it. After exhausting all of our embryos, instead of trying to think about our options and further testing we could do, he suggested either trying a new donor round or a gestational carrier.
If you think that you are a common case, then it will probably go well. If you need lots of communication and think you'll need extra testing etc, then I would consider someone else.
They were very nice and organized when we were there. However, not as responsive on returned calls as we'd like.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
They are efficient and not outrageously priced for the area. They do appear to know what they are doing for most scenarios. They are just not great for folks that have struggled for a long time and want extra testing.
They were about the same as the other fertility doctor in Lexington. It ran about $15000 for a single fresh donor cycle and 4500 for each following frozen cycle.
2014 - 2017
Amazing care through the good AND the bad times. Infertility can be an overwhelming mountain to climb, and we felt like they had our back and were standing behind us the entire time. Even through our first failed cycle, I felt better after my call from Dr. Scheiber and I was ready to try again.... My first IVF cycle failed, was on gonal f, menopur. The second time around we added in Lupron, and it worked and I have beautiful 14 month old boy/girl twins! And I am also now pregnant with a frozen embryo from their retrieval cycle.
2014 - 2017
Feel free to ask or talk about anything. He is an open book!
He made us feel like we had a connection with him from day one. I was happy to be under his care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Sarah, among others)
The nursing staff at IRH is incredible. The care you receive in person or over the phone is one of kind. They treat you like you are one of their own, even when you ask the same question a million times. I have laughed with them and I have cried with them. They are phenomenal. My favorite nurse is Sarah, she will forever have a special place in my heart.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
State of the art lab!! They are constantly doing upgrades and improvements. Truly the on the cutting edge of infertility treatment.
8500 for IVF + about 4000 in meds 4500 for frozen cycle + about 1200 in meds (crinone is so expensive!!)
Yes, I was told if it was the top notch blast, we would transfer one. If the grade quality was a bit lower, we would transfer two. We transferred two.
Cincinnati
Dr Schieber listened to my whole long story of previous tests and treatments, and laid out all the options we had going forward. He explained the benefits and drawbacks of each option, but never pressured us to make a certain decision. I appreciated his honesty and willingness to help with whatever decision we made....He always spoke in a personal manner, made a couple jokes, and light-heartedly teased my husband.
By the time I went to see Dr Schieber I had already completed numerous medicated cycles and even 4 IUIs under my Ob-gyn. I worried that I would have to repeat that course with a new doctor. But Dr Schieber listened to my whole long story of previous tests and treatments, and laid out all the options we had going forward. He explained the benefits and drawbacks of each option, but never pressured us to make a certain decision. I appreciated his honesty and willingness to help with whatever decision we made.
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
He always spoke in a personal manner, made a couple jokes, and light-heartedly teased my husband. Sounds silly, but those things make a difference in feeling like a doctor is speaking to you like a real person they know- not just a case number
Our experience with the nursing staff has been limited since we've only gone through testing aspects so far with this office, but from that standpoint they were very organized and efficient.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic itself is very efficient. Appointment times were very prompt. The staff is very helpful and willing to answer questions
We paid about $400 for the initial consultation visit, which included some lab work for me. We paid about $100 each for genetic carrier testing.
2012 - 2014
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Michael Scheiber] was very personable and cares about each and every patient. He met with us first. Told us like it is and what we had to try to what steps to take and what he recommended. He was very precise and clear on what to expect.... He really cared about helping us pursue our dream of having children. He explained everything clearly that we would understand. He was flexible and very personable.
2012 - 2014
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He was very personable and cares about each and every patient. He met with us first. Told us like it is and what we had to try to what steps to take and what he recommended. He was very precise and clear on what to expect.
He is a miracle worker, as is the whole clinic and doctors/nurses.
I do not remember particulars, but we did one IUI with him, after 2 failed ones at UC, with meds and injectibles. That IUI didn't work, so he suggested IVF, and it worked the first time.
Very attentive and explained procedures clearly. Helped me out when it was hard for me to give blood and showed compassion when the IUI didn't work.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Great care, great nurses, and amazing doctors! All three doctors(the men, woman wasn't there at the time I was) were amazing. I saw them all, but Dr. Scheiber the most. They really do care before procedures, during, and even after...we have an IRH reunion at the local zoo every other year so the doctors, nurses, and other associates can see all the miracles they created! We love it!
I believe we had some sperm treatments that were no more than a couple hundred. The IUI was around $1,000, and IVF was around $10,000.
He said he would not transfer more than 2 embryos at a time. 1 or 2 and that's it...same with all the doctors there.
2013 - 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Dr. Scheiber and felt very safe under his care. There were times of frustration, but Dr. Scheiber always communicated plan changes, next steps, etc in a very clear manner. I recommend him to everyone I meet...We battled PCOS and severe male factor. Dr. Scheiber was VERY clear from the get-go that IVF was probably going to need to take place in order to conceive.
2013 - 2014
Don't be afraid to ask clarifying questions. If there was something I didn't understand or it was over my head, I asked questions. I always asked a TON of questions and he never once got frustrated with us.
Dr. Scheiber was extremely passionate and had excellent bedside manner. I never felt like a number while under his care.
We battled PCOS and severe male factor. Dr. Scheiber was VERY clear from the get-go that IVF was probably going to need to take place in order to conceive. We went through with a few cycles of IUI in hopes of a "hail Mary" situation, but ultimately, knew we'd need IVF with ICSI to conceive. He was VERY clear with us from our first consultation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: I do no recall)
Every single one of the nurses and providers were so compassionate and understanding. We hold them in such high regard and really enjoyed working with everyone at the office.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Strengths - compassionate, very professional, caring, organized, excellent communicators Weakness - The phone system. I often had to leave messages rather than get a hold of a body. To new patients - ask questions, don't be afraid to ask and be an advocate for yourself. TRUST.
Our IVF cycles were completely covered by insurance, so we never saw a bill.
We went through a total of 3 transfers and transferred 2 embryos each time due to our ages - mid 30s.
2010 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I am a patient that is a carrier for a rare genetic disorder. PGD is the best option for my husband and I, as not to pass this along. Dr. S [Scheiber] has great knowledge of this procedure and is willing to try anything and everything to help you achieve a successful pregnancy...Dr. S is very understanding and caring. He gives his honest opinion when asked and has always made me feel very comfortable and cared for...Dr. S has a wonderful bedside manner!
2010 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I have always felt valued as a patient. I have had everything explained to me in a way that is easy to understand and communication has been top notch. All of the doctors, nurses and staff are very caring and try their best to keep yhings positive. The environment is also very clean and welcoming.
Dr. S has a wonderful bedside manner!
I am a patient that is a carrier for a rare genetic disorder. PGD is the best option for my husband and I, as not to pass this along. Dr. S has great knowledge of this procedure and is willing to try anything and everything to help you achieve a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Penny)
Penny is amazing! She is a great communicator and does her best to help in any way possible!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Communication is key and they have that here! Everyone is on the same page and seems to work as a team. The clinic is very clean and welcoming, as well.
Around $20,000 a cycle
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Scheiber was wonderful! He was always open, honest, and set realistic expectations for what we could expect. The whole process is so overwhelming and he just made it so much better! I would see him again in a heartbeat.... First we did the basic work up for both myself and my husband. This included bloodworm, semen analysis, HSG, and medical history. We had some male factor, but otherwise unexplained. We tried a couple cycles of IUI and then moved on to IVF.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
If you have any questions just ask. He was always so good at explaining everything in a way we could understand and most of the time he answered our questions before we even asked.
He was personable! If he saw me in the waiting room just there to get labs, he would always stop to chat. He took extra time to make you feel like you mattered
They were fantastic! They were easy to reach to answer any questions
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Infertility is such a difficult thing to deal with and IRH just made it better! Many do not have insurance coverage for these procedures, but IRH does have some agencies it works with.
My insurance did not cover anything related to infertility so was completely out of pocket. Almost $19k for the IVF money back program plus medications.
2010 - 2013
10 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Scheiber is a very caring doctor that is invested in his patients. He is accepting of all situations, and is willing to work with challenging situations. He is optimistic, which is refreshing while going through this process.... He always took a lot of time with us, was very caring, and personally reported test results to us sometimes.... We started with clomid cycles and IUI's. After the first 4 didn't work, Dr. Scheiber suggested IVF, but it wasn't an option for us because of finances. We continued with IUI's while also having a HCG test somewhere in there to make sure everything was working properly. The test was normal and we saved up enough money for IVF. We did one egg retrieval with follistim. Then we had one fresh transfer of 2 embryos that didn't result in pregnancy. The very next cycle we had a frozen transfer of 2 embryos that resulted in a twin pregnancy and successful birth of 2 girls.
2010 - 2013
10 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Unexplained
Make sure you ask a lot of questions so that you fully understand the course of treatment.
3 IUI, IVF
[Dr. Michael Scheiber is] Very realistic but also optimistic. He is very honest. Always positive and on time with appintments. I saw all the doctors in this practice and really like them all. ...During IUI, I took Femara for 5 days, follistim for a few days and then Ovidrel right before insemination. During IVF, I used menopur and follistim for 10 days, ganirelix for 5 days and ovidrel before retrieval
3 IUI, IVF
Very realistic but also optimistic. He is very honest. Always positive and on time with appintments. I saw all the doctors in this practice and really like them all. Love this place! Would recommend to anyone. 3 locations and they try to help make everything convenient for the patient.
Trust him
He has a consult with you and your partner on day 1. He is always honest but in a nice manner. Always optimistic but realistic at the same time.
Awesome! Return calls promptly even on the weekends.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
3 locations so easy to get an appointment. 5 providers, all very nice. Basic staff is awesome. IVF staff is amazing. The financial team is great and available for any questions. Prices seem reasonable.
IVF self pay $9300
Cincinnati
He [Dr. Michael Scheiber] made us feel comfortable and made us feel like it was all possible when we were thinking it wasn't. He never gave up hope that we'd get pregnant. He was very knowledgeable and I would go back to him in a heartbeat... He started us out on a low dose and increased because he wanted to make sure we gotbwhat we wanted with the least amount of medicine. And when it didn't work, he sat us down and discussed next steps
He made us feel comfortable and made us feel like it was all possible when we were thinking it wasn't. He never gave up hope that we'd get pregnant. He was very knowledgeable and I would go back to him in a heartbeat.
Make sure you let him know how you're feeling or what your concerns are. He'll help you with it.
He made us feel important and that it could happen for us. Never gave up hope.
They were all curtious at all times
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I didn't like that you always had to leave a voicemail and they would call you back. Strengths were that they were very confident in their abilities. You would go in and feel confident they could make your dreams come true. And for me, they did.
It was expensive but very worth it
Cincinnati
We started with Dr S[cheiber] after 5 years of infertility and 2 years with a different Dr. He was so understanding of our situation and confident in his skill. He was warm and friendly with us and performed his own ultrasounds each time we went to see him. Even after our first fresh cycle failed, he made us confident that he could still help us become parents...made sure we were ok for every step of treatment.
We started with Dr S after 5 years of infertility and 2 years with a different Dr. He was so understanding of our situation and confident in his skill. He was warm and friendly with us and performed his own ultrasounds each time we went to see him. Even after our first fresh cycle failed, he made us confident that he could still help us become parents.
Be patient and take his advice as you follow his treatment plan.
He was very sympathetic to our situation and made sure we were ok for every step of treatment.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
It's a wonderful clinic, in all honesty, I can't think of a thing that I would've liked to have done differently. The staff was great and we got the children we had always wished for. The nurses were there every step of the way, celebrating the triumphs and mourning the losses with us and for us.
Our insurance paid for most of the ultrasounds and we paid out of pocket for meds and labs specific to fertility.
The first transfer, we asked for 2 embryos and he would only allow us to transfer 1. I do have a high incidence of twins in my family. Our frozen transfer was 2 embryos, one of which did implant and miscarry at 7.5 weeks. Our final transfer was a fresh cycle and 2 embryos, which resulted in our twins.
Cincinnati
He is very caring and compassionate. He has a bubbly contagious personality, and you can tell he truly loves what he does. He always puts me at ease and I would trust him with anything. I have and would recommend him to anyone....Very caring and concerned. Always there to answer ever question I had (and there were a lot)! You could very easily tell that their emotions match ours (in a good way), they were happy when we were happy and they were sad when we were upset.
He is very caring and compassionate. He has a bubbly contagious personality, and you can tell he truly loves what he does. He always puts me at ease and I would trust him with anything. I have and would recommend him to anyone. Even though I live out of state my husband and I drive about an hour and a half just to see him.
Trust the process and trust Dr. Scheiber, you are in great hands.
Everyone was super helpful and very informative.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I do not have any complaints, if there ever were any issues they were handled promptly.
I had to pay out of pocket because my insurance did not cover anything. But I don't remember the exact amount
He always suggested transferring no more than 2, for my age.
2012 - 2016
He [Dr Scheiber] was great and open to answering any questions we had. Sometimes he seemed rushed but he clearly sees a lot of patients....I used follistim, menopur, and cetrotide. He chose this based on my pcos. I overstimulated but they expected this to some extent and treated me with IV meds on retrieval day as well as oral meds at home but I cannot remember the name...They [Cincinnati Fertility] are very organized and efficient. We had issues with thawing during our first FET and I always wondered if there was a problem in the lab, but I have 2 beautiful children because of them.
2012 - 2016
He was great and open to answering any questions we had. Sometimes he seemed rushed but he clearly sees a lot of patients.
Trust your doctor and ask him questions.
He remembered things about us not related to fertility.
They have all been nice but I have sometimes felt rushed by them.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
They are very organized and efficient. We had issues with thawing during our first FET and I always wondered if there was a problem in the lab, but I have 2 beautiful children because of them.
The costs were much cheaper than in Louisville where I'm from.
Cincinnati
I feel like he [Dr. Michael Scheiber] didn't take the time to explain stuff to us; after I have done tons of research and found that he should not have even allowed me to attempt IVF because my AMH was so low and FSH was way to high. He acted like we would be successful after round one... He didn't take time to explain anything I was in the dark the entire process; he added ICSI after we had already paid and never said it was extra so I was surprised with over $2,000 bill.
He didn't take time to explain anything I was in the dark the entire process; he added ICSI after we had already paid and never said it was extra so I was surprised with over $2,000 bill. Not at all happy I drove little over 3 hours one way because I felt the clinic maybe helpful.
I feel like he didn't take the time to explain stuff to us; after I have done tons of research and found that he should not have even allowed me to attempt IVF because my AMH was so low and FSH was way to high. He acted like we would be successful after round one.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I feel like they should get to know you as a person find out your needs, explain bloodwork and the process. Let me know what my blood work means, tell me what the ultrasounds show, not just be back in 2 days and we will draw more blood and do another ultra sound
I had to pay over $18,000
2013
He [Dr. Michael Scheiber] was so friendly and compassionate. I had complete faith in him and his abilities....I went to him after many failed rounds of pills & IUIs. He did 1 round of IVF with me and we were successful. He was very good. He was open & honest but he was also always positive in his belief I could get pregnant....He was very to the point but caring at the same time. He was also patient....
2013
Go see him! He was so friendly and compassionate. I had complete faith in him and his abilities.
He was very to the point but caring at the same time. He was also patient.
We did 1 round of IVF. It was a 3 day fresh egg transfer. I did develop OHSS afterwards but it was all worth it when I found out I was pregnant!
From what I remember everyone there was nice & polite. I felt they all enjoyed their jobs.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I loved the clinic. Everyone seemed to be on the same page. I had no issues with them. I would recommend anyone to them in a heartbeat. My husband and I were so defeated by the time we made it to this clinic but everyone there made us feel this was going to be our time.
I had some insurance but not much. Had to pay out of pocket for meds.
2011 - 2012
He is honest & straightforward. He cares and it shows....When my 4th iui failed after full use of injects, I had cysts and was devastated to have to take a cycle off, because I wasn't sure I'd be strong enough to try again. Dr schieber looked me in the eyes and told me he truly believed we would get and stay pregnant. He asked me to be strong & let me know we were in this together.
2011 - 2012
He is honest & straightforward. He cares and it shows.
Trust him. Be prepared that it takes time.
Clomid + trigger + iui = not great response Femara + trigger + iui = not great response Gonal f + trigger + iui = good response, not pregnant, but became pregnant immediately after this cycle while on a medication break
Kind and encouraging
Welcoming, calm
Iui was $300 Ultrasounds were $150-250 There was a discount for paying out of pocket
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
[Dr Scheiber was] very warm and welcoming and truly wants to help you succeed....Makes a point to make you feel special and he is truly interested in your success....Most of the time were [nurses at Cincinnati Fertility] very friendly and helpful....[The clinic was] very professional, clean, neat and inviting environment...For everything (Letrozole, Follicle Scan, Ovidrel, IUI, Sperm thawing and washing) I paid about $780 each cycle. We used a donor so we had that charge on top of everything else which was $640/vial, plus $200 for shipping.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Very warm and welcoming and truly wants to help you succeed.
I have done 3 rounds of IUI with Letrozole days 3-7, follicle scan day 10, 11 or 12, then he would let me know when to take my trigger shot (Ovidrel) and set up the IUI 36 hours later. IUI #1 and #2 failed...currently in my TWW to find out if 3rd time's a charm!
Most of the time were very friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Very professional, clean, neat and inviting environment.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Overall, it was a very positive experience. We liked Dr. Scheiber and are happy that we went to him. He was highly recommended. He was caring and seemed like he genuinely wanted to help us start our family.... He was caring, but we sometimes felt dismissed with some of the questions we had.... He gave us the option of going with one or two. We knew we’d be happy with twins, so we went with two. Our big surprise came during our first ultrasound when we found out that one embryo split and there were three babies! We were not prepared for that.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
It’s a really nice office. Sometimes they run behind schedule or it’s hard to get an appointment. They do lots of patient education and monthly events, which is nice. They also do a baby reunion every year, which is really neat.
Around $10,000 total cost.
Cincinnati
Dr. Scheiber is Very knowledgeable, trustworthy, makes you feel at ease. Has good bed side manners , explained the procedure and what to expect , let me know if I had any concerns once I got home to call the office...With Dr Scheiber you don't have to worry he will tell you everything you need to know and is there for you...They don't have any weaknesses from what I seen or dealt with...The cost was about $11,000 we financed...Awesome!!! [re: nursing staff]
Dr. Scheiber is Very knowledgeable, trustworthy, makes you feel at ease. Has good bed side manners , explained the procedure and what to expect , let me know if I had any concerns once I got home to call the office .
Awesome!!!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
They don't have any weaknesses from what I seen or dealt with
The cost was about $11,000 we financed