Good

West Chester
7242 Tylers Corner
West Chester, OH 45069

2016 - 2020, Unsuccessful
I had Two iuis [with Dr. Scheiber] both failed using clomid 50 mg days 3-7 of period...I felt Like they could never get me in for my scheduled iuis within the 36 hour mark after my injection- I feel like that was part of the reason I didn’t conceive...never went over my husband sperm numbers/ counts to see if iuis were really worth the money. They never told me the size of my eggs or the quality. They never went over my boood work. I pretty Much asked all the questions that I read off google.
I never really saw them [the nurses at Institute for Reproductive Health] all they did was check me and and stand there while dr was doing his thing...I do Not like the fact that you have to leave a message to get a call back later that day. When I’m calling for something that is very sensitive the time I’m calling is a good time for me...I wish they would try to really get you in for an iui within the 36 hour mark. They have a sperm washing in the same building is which nice. Write down all the question you want to know and ask! They will not just share important information with you.
How was your experience with Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
They never went over my husband sperm numbers/ counts to see if iuis were really worth the money. They never told me the size of my eggs or the quality. They never went over my boood work. I pretty Much asked all the questions that I read off google.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Make sure you ask questions, because they will not explain the next steps or what you want and need to hear.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Describe the protocols Michael Scheiber used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
I had My tubes flushed in 2016 (I think) they were good, I had My blood work taken in 2017 and 2018 and 2019 I had Two iuis both failed using clomid 50 mg days 3-7 of period. 2020 I started To take clomid but had to cancel my appointment for covid 19
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Health.
I never really saw them all they did was check me and and stand there while dr was doing his thing. - I do Not like the fact that you have to leave a message to get a call back later that day. When I’m calling for something that is very sensitive the time I’m calling is a good time for me. I think They make enough money for someone to answer calls when they come in- when they call back I’m always around someone and don’t feel comfortable talking.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
They have an office in Florence which is helpful to me! I wish they would try to really get you in for an iui within the 36 hour mark. They have a sperm washing in the same building is which nice. Write down all the question you want to know and ask! They will not just share important information with you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health.
860 for iuis and 250 for sperm washing
Describe Michael Scheiber's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Health.
I want Twins:) my family has five sets!
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health.
My main thing is them not answering the phone when I call In. Not giving me the information about my eggs and my husbands quality of sperm. I dont I had Either iui until 40 hours after shot.
Florence

I would hear one thing from Dr. Scheiber and something different from the nurses - Which happened on multiple occasions....My biggest issue at the moment is my husband and I were thinking about if we should have genetic testing done. We don't want to keep transferring embryos if they're not good embryos.... We were told by Dr.Scheiber "There's no reason to test unless you have multiple failed transfers." Well we've had one fail and just started researching the idea of screening the other frozen embryos.
I feel like a number at IRH....a big freak out moment that could have been prevented was when I received my paperwork on my transfer day. There was a picture of my embryo that was transferred with the grading and my name on the form. But under "Date of birth" it stated a different date - not my birthday!... I call the clinic and the nurse tells me that's a default date of birth and to ignore it. My husband and I, as well as my parents, were so frustrated with this situation.
I feel as if IRH does not care to educate their patients or provide individualized information. They repeat the same responses over and over and don't seem to want to deviate from their "recommendation." If I don't come up with the question myself, there's no way the doctors, nurses, or billing will voluntarily give me any extra information I need or let me know what's going on with my body. I would hear one thing from Dr. Scheiber and something different from the nurses - Which happened on multiple occasions. I feel like since day one the lack of organization, incompetency, inconsistency in knowledge of anything in general (mostly from particular nurses) has been a negative experience. My biggest issue at the moment is my husband and I were thinking about if we should have genetic testing done. We don't want to keep transferring embryos if they're not good embryos. (I personally think this should be part of the IVF process in general, at least to transfer the best one's first, but that's just me.) Anyways, no one discussed the option of testing and the pros/cons of doing so during the IVF process and fresh transfer (yet we found out they advise testing on fresh rather than frozen). We were told by Dr.Scheiber "There's no reason to test unless you have multiple failed transfers." Well we've had one fail and just started researching the idea of screening the other frozen embryos. At my ultrasound on Monday, we asked what Dr.Scheiber thought about testing. He said, the same as before, "let's wait." Well, we called the day after my ultrasound and left a voicemail. A nurse called us back and said, "We don't do genetic testing on frozen embryos." I cannot believe they're just now telling me this. I've asked about testing my embryos multiple times and no mention of this. After a frustrating conversation, she got off the phone, talked to Dr.Scheiber and called me back saying, "Well, we can test them, but it's not advised." Moral of this particular story and situation is the inconsistent information from doctor to patient, to nurse to patient, and so on. This is a huge deal. Testing embryos is a newer procedure, so if that decision should've been made earlier on, they need to make sure that's a heavy conversation and discuss the options with their patients. Last week I spoke to the nurse manager and her answer to a question about my period was, "Well, that's like looking into a crystal ball." Are you kidding me? That's how an infertility clinic is talking to patients? It's already an emotional time, they are supposed to be the experts and professionals. Compassionate and knowledgeable. I'm having a very hard time processing my present situation. This grant could help me start my journey at a new facility and I would be over the moon to receive such a gift.
I would advise a new patient to ask him as many questions as possible and do not leave the appointment until he's answered everything as clear as possible and in as much detail as you need. Also, write everything down!
I feel like a number at IRH. Not necessarily or specifically from Dr. Scheiber, but from everyone as a whole. I feel rushed throughout my ultrasounds and doctor's visits. No one truly understands how they need to treat patients in that field at this institute.
I was on birth control for a couple weeks to stop my ovulation, then moved on to my injections to stimulate my ovaries, follicles and eggs. I was on Gonal-F 175 and Menopur 1 vial for 10 days. I added Cetrotide halfway through that, and my trigger shot Oviderel 26 hours or so before my egg retrieval. I didn't have to increase or decrease my dosages and my hormone levels adjusted as they were supposed to. We retrieved 17 eggs, 13 fertilized, 8 developed into embryos. I started vaginal progesterone supplements 3 times/day on the day of my egg retrieval. My fresh transfer was on day 5 blastocysts. I transferred 1 blast but received a negative pregnancy test two weeks later. Fast forward a couple months and I'm now scheduled for a frozen embryo transfer in two weeks! I'm on estrogen 3 times a day and I start Progesterone again 6 days before my FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Penny)
I included this information in previous answers.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Weaknesses: Organization skills (Outdated paperwork and forms), Statistical knowledge for individual's situations, Compassion Strengths: Doctors are professional, Nurse Katie is amazing, Institute's stats are high
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Ultrasounds ran smoothly. I was always able to get in and out.
We've gone through IVF with ICSI and have a FET scheduled and we've spent around $15,000.
Dr.Scheiber and every other doctor at IRH recommends and highly suggests 1 single embryo transfer for patients first and second transfer. I thought about transferring 2 on my first fresh transfer, but then decided to go with 1. I believe they allow it, but you must sign consent forms. I'm 75% sure I'm going to transfer 2 on my next transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Aside from information I've already provided, a big freak out moment that could have been prevented was when I received my paperwork on my transfer day. There was a picture of my embryo that was transferred with the grading and my name on the form. But under "Date of birth" it stated a different date - not my birthday! So I start crying and freaking out, thinking I have someone else's embryo inside of of me. I call the clinic and the nurse tells me that's a default date of birth and to ignore it. My husband and I, as well as my parents, were so frustrated with this situation. The nurse had an attitude on the phone, like this was a silly question of mine. That was an extremely scary moment! Why have "Date of birth" on your important embryo doctor's statement if they are not going to have the patients birthday on there?!? Wow.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Treatment plans never changed [with Dr. Michael Scheiber], nor were any further tests recommended after several failed transfers. The only solution seemed to be to throw another complete round of donor egg ivf at us....For frozen embryo transfers 1-3, estrace was started at day 1, 3X per day. Progesterone was started 5 days before transfer. 1 early loss and 2 negatives. FET 4 was a “natural cycle” with with follicle monitoring. Once follicle was big enough, we did the trigger shot to release the egg. FET was then a week later. Progesterone was started 5 days before the transfer. Transfer resulted in a negative beta.
The clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] is very clean and professional. The front desk person was always friendly and helpful! The donor coordinator was so helpful during the whole process, making me feel very comfortable. The main drawback was feeling like a number in the clinic without getting any further testing that was requested.... The nurses were very knowledgeable and answered questions very thoroughly.
Appointments always felt very rushed. If I had questions during the appointment, he didn’t answer, but referred me to the nursing staff. When asking for further testing after an early loss, I felt treated as a child asking for a second piece of cake. Treatment plans never changed, nor were any further tests recommended after several failed transfers. The only solution seemed to be to throw another complete round of donor egg ivf at us.
Be very knowledgeable about treatment options and advocate for yourself! Be very blunt in asking for answers to any questions you may have!
explanations of treatments were never given. Monitoring visits were always very rushed, and when I asked questions during he would refer me to the nursing staff as if he couldn’t be bothered to answer.
The nurses were very knowledgeable and answered questions very thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic is very clean and professional. The front desk person was always friendly and helpful! The donor coordinator was so helpful during the whole process, making me feel very comfortable. The main drawback was feeling like a number in the clinic without getting any further testing that was requested.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Medications were not ordered in a timely manner
Cincinnati
His [Dr. Michael Scheiber] knowledge would be his strength. He has been doing this for awhile. He was not very warm and inviting for being in this line of practice. There was not much talking or communication during visits. He appeared to be very busy so would get in do what needed to be done and leave. After being unsuccessful with IUI and having to meet with him about the next steps I felt like he did not provide enough information on all of our options and was purposely leading us towards IVF.
The clinic’s [Institute for Reproductive Health- CIncinnati] staff was very good. It takes a day or so for them to reach out to you for the first appointment and if you want a certain doctor you could wait awhile to be seen. Otherwise, very responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable... Office visit 125.00 Ultrasound 225.00 Blood draw 10.00 Follicle puncture/Oocyte retrieval 1,500.00 Oocyte identification 2,300.00 Oocyte Insemination 2,000.00 Embryo culture 3,200.00 Embryo transfer lab fees 2,400.00
His knowledge would be his strength. He has been doing this for awhile. He was not very warm and inviting for being in this line of practice. There was not much talking or communication during visits. He appeared to be very busy so would get in do what needed to be done and leave. After being unsuccessful with IUI and having to meet with him about the next steps I felt like he did not provide enough information on all of our options and was purposely leading us towards IVF.
Ask lots of questions and research yourself on treatment options
They we were talked to
We started with oral medication. 4x no results Then IUI 4x No results Then IVF 1st cycle with Birth control, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Ovidrel and Endometrin 2 embryos transferred Chemical pregnancy 2nd IVF cycle but with ICSI same medications 1 embryo transferred had a child in February 2017
The nursing staff was very friendly. The nurses always asked how you were doing and made you feel comfortable. They answered all questions that I asked of them.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic’s staff was very good. It takes a day or so for them to reach out to you for the first appointment and if you want a certain doctor you could wait awhile to be seen. Otherwise, very responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable
They had a preference of doing only 2 at the most per transfer. The second time only one was transferred at our preference.
Cincinnati

On our first day one one D.R. Schiber had us down for an IUI when we have to do IVF, we were prescribed the wrong medicine and 2 months lost.... We never had a follow up call after our one embryo arrested. I had to follow up and wait two more months for another ‘consultation.... We never felt like Dr Schiber truly knew who we were and he was very quick during office visits. We never felt like we had a chance to ask him questions & felt as if we were a bother to him.
The clinic [Institute for Repro Health] was clean and support staff was great. Be prepared for several canceled appointments due to scheduling issues on their part... The nurses were kind and patient but we had many scheduling mistakes. On more than 3 occasions we had to change appointment times because of a scheduling conflict on their end. They also wrote down a protocol completely wrong & scratched out everyone to rewrite it after we pointed out their mistake.
Several miscommunication errors. On our first day one one D.R. Schiber had us down for an IUI when we have to do IVF, we were prescribed the wrong medicine and 2 months lost. (Travel following month). Once we started our IVF cycle we were anticipated to get 4 eggs but only retrieved one. We did know that there was this possibility but we never got a clear answer of why. The retrieving doctor (Dr Awadalla) told us something different from Dr Schiber. Dr Schiber said he would get back to us after discussing with Dr Awadalla but that never happened. We never had a follow up call after our one embryo arrested. I had to follow up and wait two more months for another ‘consultation. Our next IVF cycle was canceled due to inconsistent growth. Following the canceled cycle we decided to go with donor embryos. Our nurse practitioner told us that the quality of the two donor embryos was good & great. Once I received my medical records from the Institute for Reproductive Health it showed that the embryos were actually rated good & poor. The donor cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy and once my beta numbers dropped I never received a call from the doctor. I even went in with terrible left side pain and never received a call following up with me. We have very specific fertility problems yet didn’t feel like we were on a tailored plan. I left the practice and found that my next doctor did throughout testing before starting an IVF cycle with us. We felt as if they just wanted out money and did not truly care if it worked for us, especially since we would never receive a call when each cycle did not result in a pregnancy. We never felt like Dr Schiber truly knew who we were and he was very quick during office visits. We never felt like we had a chance to ask him questions & felt as if we were a bother to him.
Ask questions even if you feel rushed and educated yourself before your visit. You know your body best and if you have specific concerns do your best to be heard.
Never present, never remembered us.
Antagonist - Femara, 75 Menopur/200 Gonal F adding certrotide. Canceled cycles was a Microdose Lupron flare.
The nurses were kind and patient but we had many scheduling mistakes. On more than 3 occasions we had to change appointment times because of a scheduling conflict on their end. They also wrote down a protocol completely wrong & scratched out everyone to rewrite it after we pointed out their mistake. Another big reason you should educate yourself. My husband has very low spent count so we wanted to freeze a few vials to be safe before egg retrieval. There was a miscommunication there & they were never frozen so he had to go back in. We were 100% out of pocket so taking time off of work & scheduling these appointments was very hard for us.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic was clean and support staff was great. Be prepared for several canceled appointments due to scheduling issues on their part, we had about 5. Ask all of the questions and do your own research.
9500 for full IVF cycle not including Medication. 4500 for donor embryo transfer.
We did not make it this far with our own embryos and we had to transfer the two donor at the same time because they were frozen together.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
When our only egg didn’t fertilize the doctors didn’t reach out for a follow up, we had to and then was put on a 2 month wait for that appointment. No doctors called after our embryo transfer turned into a chemical either. We felt like they just took our money and didn’t care if it worked or why it didn’t. There were two appointments we paid for (and took off work for) that we had to redo because of their mistakes, had us down for IUI on day one, needed IVF; husband needed his sperm to be frozen but they threw it out. The worst part of all of the SEVERAL mistakes was that we were told our donor embryos were good & great but once we got our records we saw that they were rated good & poor.
2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Scheiber himself has been the best out of the three doctors we've seen but is still only so so, and I wish it felt more like he cared about me as a person rather than a case....Other than passed tissues across a table and a few reassuring head nods, the doctors seemed to have minimal empathy for the pain and frustration associated with this invasive, frustrating, and traumatic process. My miscarriage was described (by another doctor at the clinic) as "disappointing." I'm sure it was disappointing for them and their statistics, but for me it was one of the saddest experiences of my life. Disappointing doesn't begin to cover it
I answered this on an earlier question. On one foot, this experience has been very frustrating and sad in its own right but also additionally so because of issues at the fertility clinic. Dr. Scheiber himself has been the best out of the three doctors we've seen but is still only so so, and I wish it felt more like he cared about me as a person rather than a case.
Make sure you do your homework and ask lots of questions along the way. There are times when my treatment course was adjusted or explanations were corrected because of information I supplied as opposed to information that they offered.
Other than passed tissues across a table and a few reassuring head nods, the doctors seemed to have minimal empathy for the pain and frustration associated with this invasive, frustrating, and traumatic process. My miscarriage was described (by another doctor at the clinic) as "disappointing." I'm sure it was disappointing for them and their statistics, but for me it was one of the saddest experiences of my life. Disappointing doesn't begin to cover it. There are also so many different nurses there that until IVF, I was just another patient. Once a nurse called me back and asked if my partner and I were having sex to increase our chances of IUI success. I'm a lesbian, so this wouldn't have helped. The nurse simply didn't think to open our chart before calling us...the first page would have told her that we're two women. The number of LGBT related microaggressions we experience is through the roof. We cross out mislabeled forms and correct their language on a regular basis. They also failed to manage my thyroid condition appropriately or advise me to seek treatment from an endocrinologist who could. This clinic has the best success rates in the area and switching at this point would cost us an additional thousand dollars at least, but I wish I had other options.
5 natural iui at my request. 1 iui with femara (bad reaction). IVF #1 fresh transfer, 225 follistim, ganirelix, ovidrel. Eset. Pregnancy...missed miscarriage at 9 weeks. D&C. IVF #2 in progress, 225 follistim, 75 menopur, ganirelix, ovidrel. PGS (to reduce chance of additional miscarriage...at my request)
This is so mixed. There might be 50 nurses working there. The IVF nurses are mostly good (though the other day one contradicted the doctor so that was frustrating), and they are more professional and compassionate than the other staff. Other nurses have been rude, homophobic, incompetent, or unprofessional. One seriously offended me and then had the dr. apologize on her behalf instead of doing it on her own like an adult.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Strength: efficiency, high reported success rates Weaknesses: human compassion, personalization of treatment, making you feel like they have time for you Do your homework before you go
IVF with ICSI 9,600. IUI total about $1000 (x7).
I'm young (27) so he prefers eSET, and I had "success" with it once and we will probably do this again this cycle.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Mostly it just feels like a factory in there rather than a clinic serving families going through something incredibly sad, frustrating, and difficult. They also gave me incomplete information about my thyroid levels and failed to treat a condition that may or may not have caused my miscarriage. During the process with getting our directed donor lined up, there were constant setbacks and bad communication. A doctor said that if my exam was painful, I must have been sexually abused (I thankfully have not been). There weren't other explanations offered for the pain. He since apologized, but it's hard to get over that. The nurses and doctors are both uncomfortable being frank with my wife and I about sex. They just read off the list which says "no intercourse before IVF" and say "well that doesn't apply here" without further details.
2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Don’t expect to see him [Dr. Michael Scheiber] much...I will say that the protocol that was used and rationale behind it was not explained to me. Maybe I should’ve asked more questions, but I just followed directions. There was no explaining of ‘why’ they were doing things this particular way...When consulting with Dr. S via phone after my failed IVF cycle, I felt like he was not even looking at my chart. He mentioned uterine fibroids, when previously he mentioned my uterus looking perfect. I didn’t feel I was getting the individual treatment I was wanting at this moment when discussing this huge disappointment in my life.
Very nice facility [Institute for Reproductive Health]. Clean and comfortable. I always got a call back when calling with questions from for the staff. The clinic seems to be organized, overall and it was not overcrowded. I never had to wait too long. They also helped me to find my medications at the best possible price at that time...The nursing staff was overall very caring and more willing to spend time answering questions I had.
Dr. Scheiber performed a laparoscopy on me and I was under his care for IUIs and IVF. He was very comforting at the time of surgery. He does explain things in a way that it is easy to understand. I did not like the fact that I barely saw him after my surgery. The majority of treatment was performed by his counter parts. I was surprised when I went in for my egg retrieval that he was not even there for that. I thought for sure I would see him then, and I was disappointed that no one informed me he would not be doing the procedure. I did not see him one time during my IVF cycle, and it was pretty much the same for the IUIs I had the year before. When consulting with him after the egg retrieval (failed cycle), I felt as though he offered generic advice and did not have my chart to look at. He offered no change in protocol when I asked about future treatment, which was discouraging.
Don’t expect to see him much.
I do not remember specifically the protocols that were used specifically for me. I used injectables for three IUI attempts (one was cancelled due to large follicle being on the side where I did not have a tube) and an IVF cycle. I will say that the protocol that was used and rationale behind it was not explained to me. Maybe I should’ve asked more questions, but I just followed directions. There was no explaining of ‘why’ they were doing things this particular way.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Very nice facility. Clean and comfortable. I always got a call back when calling with questions from for the staff. The clinic seems to be organized, overall and it was not overcrowded. I never had to wait too long. They also helped me to find my medications at the best possible price at that time.
I do not remember specifically.
No comment
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
I did not. There was only one issue specifically with the doctor stating conflicting information.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
The appointments felt rushed. He [Dr. Scheiber] never spent more than a few minutes in the exam room with us and gave us only a small window for questions...We felt like we were on an assembly line at each visit, being passed from station to station with little compassion. The appointments were very short and not very thorough considering what we were (and still are) going through...We started with Femara and trigger injections. We eventually did an IUI using this method but nothing worked. He wanted to move forward with injectables but when we brought up the chances of having multiples he seemed to brush it off a little bit.
Knowing that they [IRH] are a large facility and it might be easy for patients to get lost in the shuffle, more emphasis should be placed on patient care...The communication is by far the worst part, there is no way to talk to anyone once you leave. You leave a voicemail and hope to get a call back. It took three days to get a returned call once and when I explained that my question was time-sensitive (like many questions are with infertility) the girl on the phone seemed very annoyed.
Be ready with questions beforehand, you will not be able to reach anyone once you leave the office. Try to think of different scenarios that could happen during the exam and be prepared with your questions for each one.
The appointments felt rushed. He never spent more than a few minutes in the exam room with us and gave us only a small window for questions.
We met a LOT of different staff members at their offices, they are a large facility. None of them showed the compassion that we were hoping for and several were rude on the phone.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Knowing that they are a large facility and it might be easy for patients to get lost in the shuffle, more emphasis should be placed on patient care. Infertility is truly a nightmare and a lot of our visits were upsetting or made us extremely anxious. We didn't need our hands held but a little compassion can go a long way in times like that! The communication is by far the worst part, there is no way to talk to anyone once you leave. You leave a voicemail and hope to get a call back. It took three days to get a returned call once and when I explained that my question was time-sensitive (like many questions are with infertility) the girl on the phone seemed very annoyed.
We paid out of pocket for almost everything including exams, ultrasounds and procedures. Part of my surgery for endometriosis was covered, but we still paid $4700 after the fact.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
After one of our cycles we had a faint positive test (suspected chemical pregnancy) that seemed to get lighter and lighter, coupled with some bleeding. We called to see how to approach it and if I should continue on metformin and to see about ordering more prescriptions for the next month and didn't hear back from the clinic for several days.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
If you think that you are a common case, then it will probably go well [with Dr. Micheal Scheiber]. If you need lots of communication and think you'll need extra testing etc, then I would consider someone else...We confirmed low AMH in my wife. We just tried donor eggs with ICSI and transferred the embryos. Not much changed beyond that, one miscarriage and no other pregnancies...We have had several visits by now and done 6 transfers and barely had much interaction at all with him. No further tests offered, just a statement that we need to keep trying or consider a gestational carrier along with donor eggs.
They [nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Health] were very nice and organized when we were there. However, not as responsive on returned calls as we'd like...They were about the same as the other fertility doctor in Lexington. It ran about $15000 for a single fresh donor cycle and 4500 for each following frozen cycle...They are efficient and not outrageously priced for the area. They do appear to know what they are doing for most scenarios. They are just not great for folks that have struggled for a long time and want extra testing.
I feel he's very knowledgable and for most people he's probably good. For us he was not very communicative and was not interested in further testing even if we were willing to pay for it. After exhausting all of our embryos, instead of trying to think about our options and further testing we could do, he suggested either trying a new donor round or a gestational carrier.
If you think that you are a common case, then it will probably go well. If you need lots of communication and think you'll need extra testing etc, then I would consider someone else.
They were very nice and organized when we were there. However, not as responsive on returned calls as we'd like.

2015, Unsuccessful
I feel like he [Dr. Michael Scheiber] didn't take the time to explain stuff to us; after I have done tons of research and found that he should not have even allowed me to attempt IVF because my AMH was so low and FSH was way to high. He acted like we would be successful after round one... He didn't take time to explain anything I was in the dark the entire process; he added ICSI after we had already paid and never said it was extra so I was surprised with over $2,000 bill.
I feel like they [Institute for Reproductive Health- Cincinnati] should get to know you as a person find out your needs, explain bloodwork and the process. Let me know what my blood work means, tell me what the ultrasounds show, not just be back in 2 days and we will draw more blood and do another ultra sound... He didn't take time to explain anything I was in the dark the entire process; he added ICSI after we had already paid and never said it was extra so I was surprised with over $2,000 bill.
He didn't take time to explain anything I was in the dark the entire process; he added ICSI after we had already paid and never said it was extra so I was surprised with over $2,000 bill. Not at all happy I drove little over 3 hours one way because I felt the clinic maybe helpful.
I feel like he didn't take the time to explain stuff to us; after I have done tons of research and found that he should not have even allowed me to attempt IVF because my AMH was so low and FSH was way to high. He acted like we would be successful after round one.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I feel like they should get to know you as a person find out your needs, explain bloodwork and the process. Let me know what my blood work means, tell me what the ultrasounds show, not just be back in 2 days and we will draw more blood and do another ultra sound
I had to pay over $18,000
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
He's [Dr. Michael Scheiber] very likable. I like the guy. He has a good manner. But we just haven't had any result.... We did IVF, we did the genetic testing, he offered some other approaches but didn't really recommend them.... He says the single embryo is better but there's a case for two after we have a few losses... I'm not sure about the back office operation either because they constantly have problems with billing and, more importantly, with remembering our timelines and treatment plans and what notes should be in the file.
They [Institute for Reproductive Health- Cincinnati] need to work on making people feel like a person not a number. I don't know what else I can say. If we got a baby out of the deal, I would feel differently, but they haven't gotten us there and they have some real problems.... I'm not sure about the back office operation either because they constantly have problems with billing and, more importantly, with remembering our timelines and treatment plans and what notes should be in the file.
I don't know. He's very likable. I like the guy. He has a good manner. But we just haven't had any result. I'm not sure about the back office operation either because they constantly have problems with billing and, more importantly, with remembering our timelines and treatment plans and what notes should be in the file.
Bring someone to ask detailed questions every time.
They really need to do a better job of getting everyone on the same page. Some are good but there are some who really don't know what they're doing.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
They need to work on making people feel like a person not a number. I don't know what else I can say. If we got a baby out of the deal, I would feel differently, but they haven't gotten us there and they have some real problems.