Good

West Chester
7242 Tylers Corner
West Chester, OH 45069

2017 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr scheiber recommended us to do IVF after a few cycles for failed IVF, we should have listened...During IUI we had to ask for medicine changes or increases because we felt something was off. BUT he always listened and did what we asked...All Drs have been great. This practice shares a lot of patients. Every dr takes care of every patient...You may never see your "primary" dr. Between vacations, surgeries, transfers, working certain days at certain branches, we almost never seen our Dr....
All [nurses at Institute for Reproductive Health] were very friendly and compassionate...This clinic only does 1 embryo per transfer unless over 35, poor quality, or specific infertility issues. We had to ask for 2 embryos after 2 failed attempts...You may never see your "primary" dr. Between vacations, surgeries, transfers, working certain days at certain branches, we almost never seen our Dr...
How was your experience with Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Sometimes we didn't get good enough answers for why something was or wasn't done. Several times we had to advocate for things to be done. After 2 failed IVFs we had to ask for more testing to be done. We only had 4 embryos left and didn't want to waste them. During IUI we had to ask for medicine changes or increases because we felt something was off. BUT he always listened and did what we asked.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Do research about what you want to do. This way you can ask the questions you need to. Dr scheiber recommended us to do IVF after a few cycles for failed IVF, we should have listened
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Describe the protocols Michael Scheiber used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
Our first IUI resulted in a pregnancy and live single birth. 2 years later and we can't get pregnant. We used clomid every time. Then we used the IVF hormone injections but stayed with IUI. That was supposed to increase chance for pregnancy. After 6 failures we moved to IVF. 3 cycles total. After 2nd failure we did more testing to which just showed unexplained infertility. Every failure meant higher doses of progesterone. Combining oral, vaginal, and shots. On third try we had to get them to agree to do 2 embryos. Resulting in a postive pregnancy with a set of twins
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Health.
All were very friendly and compassionate
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
You may never see your "primary" dr. Between vacations, surgeries, transfers, working certain days at certain branches, we almost never seen our Dr. We seen all 5 Drs. Mostly o'leary who isn't there any more.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health.
15k to do our egg retrieval and 1 transfer. Each additional transfer was 5k. This did not include mediation cost. IUI was around 2k each time, including medication and purchase of donor sperm.
Describe Michael Scheiber's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Cincinnati

During my initial consult he [Dr. Scheiber] was very thorough and detailed about our medical history and our plan. He can sometimes talk quickly leaving me with questions and not quite understanding everything. However, anytime this has happened I have had my questions answered promptly.... So far I have done three rounds of Femara, to help with follicle formulation and growth. From there I had follicle scans to determine when they were adequate size and mature enough to release the egg. After follicles were appropriate size I was given a trigger shit called Ovidrel to release the egg and cause me to ovulate.
They [Institute for Reproductive Health] are very thorough, professional, and personable. They give you price lists for treatment ahead of time so you are prepared. Never a long wait for appointments. I have not experienced any weaknesses that stick out at this time... Each IUI cycle has been approximately $1200 for me and then the cost of my husbands sperm washing which was $250... They have always been quick to return my calls, answer questions,
During my initial consult he was very thorough and detailed about our medical history and our plan. He can sometimes talk quickly leaving me with questions and not quite understanding everything. However, anytime this has happened I have had my questions answered promptly. I do feel that he is extremely knowledgeable and caring, especially in these situations.
Come prepared. Think of questions you may have and have any tests results or medical history available. This helps you get the most from your consult and future appointments.
He is very thorough but sometimes consults and appointments are quick and leave you with questions but he is always happy to deal with those if they arise.
So far I have done three rounds of Femara, to help with follicle formulation and growth. From there I had follicle scans to determine when they were adequate size and mature enough to release the egg. After follicles were appropriate size I was given a trigger shit called Ovidrel to release the egg and cause me to ovulate. Approximately 36 hours later I would go in to have my IUI. We started with IUI due to months of trying with timed intercourse and husbands low sperm account.
They have always been quick to return my calls, answer questions, and are very personable. Always pleasant and understanding.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
They are very thorough, professional, and personable. They give you price lists for treatment ahead of time so you are prepared. Never a long wait for appointments. I have not experienced any weaknesses that stick out at this time other than distance I have to travel but that is out of their control.
No comment at this time
Cincinnati

I only had two embryos from this fresh cycle [with Dr. Scheiber and I had two failed transfers previously so he recommended that we transfer both to increase our chances...I feel like the retrieval caught me off guard because it was a light twilight sedation so I was awake during the surgery. I was never awake with my 3 previous retrievals at another RE so I was not expecting this. I was not informed beforehand that I would be awake. It was not pleasant. Transfer went smoothly. When I got the negative BETA I feel like the news was said to me in a gentle manner.
I felt like the clinic [IRH] had our best interest at heart. I did not feel rushed in the appointments and they answered our questions thoroughly. They showed sincerity and empathy for what I have been through on this journey...I primarily dealt with Katie [nurse] and I loved her. She was very sweet and quick to respond to my emails and phone calls. IRH does NOT use a patient portal although Katie told me they were working on that and I still didnt feel a lack in communication there.
I felt that he was thorough when discussing my protocol and I understood everything. I feel like the retrieval caught me off guard because it was a light twilight sedation so I was awake during the surgery. I was never awake with my 3 previous retrievals at another RE so I was not expecting this. I was not informed beforehand that I would be awake. It was not pleasant. Transfer went smoothly. When I got the negative BETA I feel like the news was said to me in a gentle manner.
Same with all doctors and that is to ask a LOT of questions!
I felt like the clinic had our best interest at heart. I did not feel rushed in the appointments and they answered our questions thoroughly. They showed sincerity and empathy for what I have been through on this journey.
We prepped with birth control and lupron beforehand to suppress everything before I started. I am a high responder so he chose to use a menopur only cycle 225iu per night. We continued lupron though stims to prevent ovulation. For transfer only crinone vaginal cream twice daily.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
I primarily dealt with Katie and I loved her. She was very sweet and quick to respond to my emails and phone calls. IRH does NOT use a patient portal although Katie told me they were working on that and I still didnt feel a lack in communication there.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I think the clinic is wonderful. I feel like I was treated as a human being. I think they have great pricing in comparison to most of the clinics in this area. They truly want you to have success. I feel like they care more about you than their profit. I had no issues with billing or the nurse staff. The lab they work with Ovation is good too and treated my husband well for his analysis. The only thing I did not care for was the fact that they didn't notify me that I would be awake for egg retrieval. They don't use an anesthesiologist and the nurse administers your anesthesia. This wasn't how things were done at my previous clinic so I was taken off guard on retrieval day.
8200 self pay for IVF cycle which included a fresh transfer PGS, ICSI, FET was additional
I only had two embryos from this fresh cycle and I had two failed transfers previously so he recommended that we transfer both to increase our chances.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health.
The main thing I had go wrong was that no one bothered to inform me that I would be awake during retrieval. I wasn't mentally prepared to be awake for that and to feel the pain that I felt during the surgery. I felt blindsided but they did apologize to me afterwards.
Cincinnati

We had a good experience with him [Dr. Scheiber], despite the outcome. He was Frank, but sensitive in his delivery of any kind of news of a setback. Looking back, something I'd change was a better discussion of my diagnosis, like my actual chances of conception with my own eggs. We have have been able to make potential egg donor decisions sooner then. ... We used a wide variety of pills, injectables, and inserts for my 10 IUIs to see if my ovaries would respond any better to various combinations.
We were really impressed with all parts of our experience with the clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] itself. Great location, wonderful professional staff and a team of 4 doctors I came to trust over the almost 2 years we sought treatment there. ... These [nurses] were a fantastic team of ladies. Compassionate, thorough, organized. The communication was fabulous as well. Low wait times at the clinic. It was enjoyable to come here for treatment despite our circumstances.
We had a good experience with him, despite the outcome. He was Frank, but sensitive in his delivery of any kind of news of a setback. Looking back, something I'd change was a better discussion of my diagnosis, like my actual chances of conception with my own eggs. We have have been able to make potential egg donor decisions sooner then.
Have your questions organized and ready beforehand.
Had a great experience with him even without success so far. Good bedside manner and ready to answer questions at will.
We used a wide variety of pills, injectables, and inserts for my 10 IUIs to see if my ovaries would respond any better to various combinations. It seems I'd get a positive result and short lived pregnancy (or in one case a chemical) on the first try after the combination of drugs was changed and then negatives after that. I never produced more than a few mature looking follicles after all the stims and had to convert an IVF cycle to IUI at one point.
These were a fantastic team of ladies. Compassionate, thorough, organized. The communication was fabulous as well. Low wait times at the clinic. It was enjoyable to come here for treatment despite our circumstances.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
We were really impressed with all parts of our experience with the clinic itself. Great location, wonderful professional staff and a team of 4 doctors I came to trust over the almost 2 years we sought treatment there.
We were in the range of 7-8k for everything over the course of almost 2 years, not including medication. Our costs remained lower since we were only doing rounds of IUI.
We never got this far unfortunately, although doctor did recommend one embryo at a time in order to eliminate health issues with multiples.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Scheiber] is a wonderful doctor and person. I don't think the reason we have been unsuccessful is his fault. I wish we hadn't rushed into IVF, but he did feel that my age was a bigger factor than I feel it is. He is warm and caring but he is very by the book and often hesitates to change protocols. But he knows what he is doing. He has been in the business a very long time.... We started out with Letrozole, which I did respond to, but I was not conceiving. We moved onto Letrozole with Trigger Shot and IUI, and I still was not successful. I took a break for a few months and then did IVF.
The clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] is very nice. They have a few satellite offices that really help since Greater Cincinnati is so big. They have recently added a nurse practitioner who is able to help with some appointments which makes wait times better and scheduling easier. I know they often have support group nights but I have never attended.... My appointments were scheduled within the monitoring window and it worked out well.
He is a wonderful doctor and person. I don't think the reason we have been unsuccessful is his fault. I wish we hadn't rushed into IVF, but he did feel that my age was a bigger factor than I feel it is. He is warm and caring but he is very by the book and often hesitates to change protocols. But he knows what he is doing. He has been in the business a very long time.
Understand that he is a human doctor, not god. He has limitations and nothing is guaranteed. Know that he is always willing to sit down and talk to you, just make sure you call and schedule the time for the sake of his time and yours.
Most of the time I completely felt like a human but there were a few times that it was so busy that I could tell I was being rushed through.
We started out with Letrozole, which I did respond to, but I was not conceiving. We moved onto Letrozole with Trigger Shot and IUI, and I still was not successful. I took a break for a few months and then did IVF. We did this because I was approaching age 35. 8 eggs were retrieved and we ended up with 3 embryos. My first transfer was fresh and it ended in a Chemical Pregnancy. I took a break for several months before I transferred a frozen embryo but that failed. Right now we are just waiting before we do anything else because of finances.
They were always very warm and caring. They work very hard. Sometimes it would take awhile to hear back but that is only because they are busy with their patients in the office too.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic is very nice. They have a few satellite offices that really help since Greater Cincinnati is so big. They have recently added a nurse practitioner who is able to help with some appointments which makes wait times better and scheduling easier. I know they often have support group nights but I have never attended. My biggest suggestion would be for them to have an actual counselor on site who is able to help couples mentally and emotionally prepare. It is by far the scariest and hardest thing I ever had to go through and I felt like I was just winging it so much of the time. Someone like this or even information on resources that people can reach out to on their own would be a giant help. All of the doctors are really great. I can't speak for any other clinics, but overall I have been very happy with Dr. Scheiber and IRH. We are just still waiting for our happy ending. Sadly, a lot of times things just come down to finances and that is just a sad fact of life in this country.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Pretty efficient. I definitely never waited in line or anything like that. My appointments were scheduled within the monitoring window and it worked out well.
I know our insurance helped cover our inseminations, so I can't remember the cost of those. I believe our fresh IVF cycle was $9000 and my frozen cycle was $4500, not including meds.
Dr. Scheiber always let me choose. He is very pro eSET, which makes a lot of sense. Financially, I see why people often transfer more than 1, but eSET is the safest option for the health of the babies should you conceive so that is what we always did.
Cincinnati

We did IUI 4 times and then moved on to IVF [with Dr. Scheiber]. We can't afford IVF again so he moved my medication for this new round of IUI to clomid instead of femara...I was hoping to have multiple embryos transferred but the doctors felt there was one that stood out from the others and they said it was best to give the one good one a chance. I sometimes wish I had really asked more for multiple even though none of them ended up making it to blast stage in the dish.
The nursing staff [at Institute for Reproductive Health - Cincinnati] gets you in for your appointments on time. They are very friendly and sensitive to situations you may be going through. I've always found them very professional...Regular office visits were $35, total cost for IUI treatment including myself and my husband ran about $400, and the entire IVF cycle with medications was about $15,000...One thing I wasn't expecting is seeing all of the doctors at random. I thought I would be with the same doctor throughout all of my treatments, obviously with having someone fill in from time to time if they weren't available, but mostly having the same one. I've seen all four doctors and they are all great but I just wish that would have been explained upfront to help set expectations.
Dr. Scheiber took a good amount of time to have a consultation with my husband and I. After several failed IUIs and one blighted ovum he took us to the next level of treatment which was IVF. I'm glad he had us move on to something else realizing that the first method wasn't working out as hoped.
Fully use your time while you are there for a visit. Ask your questions during procedures or check ups.
I didn't feel strongly one way or another.
I don't recall exact dosages. We did IUI 4 times and then moved on to IVF. We can't afford IVF again so he moved my medication for this new round of IUI to clomid instead of femara.
The nursing staff gets you in for your appointments on time. They are very friendly and sensitive to situations you may be going through. I've always found them very professional.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Our insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatments. Regular office visits were $35, total cost for IUI treatment including myself and my husband ran about $400, and the entire IVF cycle with medications was about $15,000.
Cincinnati
Dr. Scheiber has a very comfortable patient care manner. Always upbeat and positive about our outcomes...Overall we were very happy with Dr. Scheiber and his protocol for our cycle with him. The primary drawback was that he was frequently out of town and we were covered by one of his associates for several of our major milestones including the embryo transfer...Be prepared to deal with each of the doctors in the practice and not be seen exclusively by Dr. Scheiber.
[The Institute for Reproductive Health was] Very clean, staff is highly professional and courteous. They are generally very responsive via phone. The nurses who care for you during the actual retrieval and transfer are fantastic. Very kind and compassionate...[The nurses were] Overall very nice and professional. I do recall them struggling on some of the blood draws for my wife...wanted a second opinion from a clinic in Chicago and had to contact IRH multiple times to get our records faxed over, delaying review and input from the other clinic.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
$24k out of pocket for most recent cycle.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Were wanted a second opinion from a clinic in Chicago and had to contact IRH multiple times to get our records faxed over, delaying review and input from the other clinic.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
After my first consultation I felt comfortable with Dr. Scheiber. I felt like he provided me with all the necessary information, did his best to make sure I was comfortable. I have had surgery, IUI, and IVF with Dr. Scheiber and trust his opinion...I have had two miscarriages while undergoing treatment and I felt like the office staff and Dr.Scheiber carried about me and understood this was a lose for me. They have been supportive of my struggles. I feel the staff in the Florence office know me and my history.
The Wait times are more minimal [at Institute for Reproductive Health]. I have had a few billing issues but the clinic fixed these when brought to their attention. The office staff returns phone calls quickly and answers all questions...IVF with PGS biopsy, ICSI and FET ~$16,000 cash pay...After my first consultation I felt comfortable with Dr. Scheiber. I felt like he provided me with all the necessary information, did his best to make sure I was comfortable. I have had surgery, IUI, and IVF with Dr. Scheiber
Ask questions if you don’t feel comfortable or need more information.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The Wait times are more minimal. I have had a few billing issues but the clinic fixed these when brought to their attention. The office staff returns phone calls quickly and answers all questions.
IVF with PGS biopsy, ICSI and FET ~$16,000 cash pay