Good

Cincinnati, OH 45209
7242 Tylers Corner
West Chester, OH 45069

2022, Successful
Dr. Scheiber was always very direct with us. This was our second clinic and we went into our first appointment looking for a second opinion. He was very thorough in his explanation of treatment options. He gave us several options to try moving forward and reassured me that there was still hope for me to conceive. He is super knowledgeable and experienced. We could not be more happy with our decision to switch to Dr. Scheiber.
The nursing staff at IRH are incredible! They are so knowledgeable and helpful when completing an IVF cycle...This is a larger clinic with several doctors. We personally liked the size of the clinic because it meant that they could schedule around what worked best for my cycle. They are open 7 days a week, and base everything off how you are responding. Every doctor we saw during our time at IRH was knowledge and we felt we could trust.
How was your experience with Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
It helps to be knowledgeable yourself of the different components of IVF, and different options you might have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Scheiber always used our names when speaking to us. He was kind and supportive at every office visit.
Describe the protocols Michael Scheiber used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
For my egg retrieval he used a combination of Follisitim and Menopur for stims. He chose the dosage based on my previous response to stimulation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Health.
The nursing staff at IRH are incredible! They are so knowledgeable and helpful when completing an IVF cycle. After every appointment we would meet with the nurse afterwards and she would go over all the details in depth and make sure that all our questions were answered before we left. They are also super responsive on the patient portal, and check messages 7 days a week.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Total IVF cost (not including genetic testing) around $25,000.

2018 - 2020, Successful
The only issue I ever had [at IRH] was I would have to leave a message and receive a call back from the nursing staff. Doctors and nurses were caring, intelligent and always answered my questions. They helped tremendously with getting insurance situations handled and prior approvals...We retrieved 18 eggs, 8 making it to day 5. We transferred a 2 AA blastocyst and this resulted in a pregnancy. We did not genetic testing.
We have been patients with IRH since October 2018. Dr. Scheiber always was kind, informative and allowed us to make decisions in our infertility journey. When we elected to move to IVF, it was straightforward with competent and kind staff. The nurses were amazing! They fought with me to get my medications covered via insurance because it was included in my plan. When we scheduled my retrieval, I was overwhelmed with emotions and the nurse allowed me to express all of them with her. I truly felt they cared about the results. Even when we suffered a miscarriage, the nurses and doctors were kind and compassionate.
Trust IRH. I did my own research but there were some details I was not told and I didn't think was necessary for me to know (such as how many follicles or what sizes) When I asked, the information was given. But I trusted the doctors and the process.
Dr. Scheiber was kind, hopeful and always believed we would be released with a successful, healthy pregnancy. All the doctors at IRH have treated me in this manner.
My husband has always had no fertility issues and great sperm analysis results. I have PCOS. We were relatively young (26/27 when we began) and healthy. I am considered overweight medically, so I tried to focus on healthy lifestyle and losing weight. This was supported by Dr. Scheiber, but he never made it a requirement. I lost 55 pounds when we started our IVF cycle. I was on Gonal F, Menopur, cetrotide with a trigger shot of ovidril and lupin. We retrieved 18 eggs, 8 making it to day 5. We transferred a 2 AA blastocyst and this resulted in a pregnancy. We did not genetic testing.
Amazing!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The only issue I ever had was I would have to leave a message and receive a call back from the nursing staff. Doctors and nurses were caring, intelligent and always answered my questions. They helped tremendously with getting insurance situations handled and prior approvals.
I had insurance coverage for most treatments, including medications. In my 3 years with IRH, I would estimate $3000-$6000.
Describe Michael Scheiber's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Health.
We transferred one embryo due to age and recommendation.
Cincinnati

Dr. Schieber has great bed side manners and treats his patients really well...After our failed IUIs, he explained our different options and provided recommendations. He did not recommend any unnecessary procedures and we were satisfied with the step by step process we took to get to our current pregnancy..
Clinic staff [at Institute for Reproductive Health] is helpful when they return your voicemails but do not expect them to be available as soon as you call them. There is almost no guidance provided in terms of the different approvals needed for each step of the process. Prior Authorizations are needed for almost each step of the IVF process...Nursing staff was helpful in answering questions but the calling back system is very frustrating
Dr. Scheiber is very professional and treats his patients well. Our whole IVF process went very smoothly and without any hiccups. We were well informed through out the process. After our failed IUIs, he explained our different options and provided recommendations. He did not recommend any unnecessary procedures and we were satisfied with the step by step process we took to get to our current pregnancy. I wish we could get some answers for our infertility issues. We never got a clear indication for why or what was preventing us from getting pregnant. This is behind us now, but some diagnostics to identify the root cause would have been helpful. That being said, if we ever want to try again, we would be going back to Dr. Scheiber and use one of our 5 left over frozen eggs.
Do your research and be informed! Doctors at IRH are seeing a lot of patients and sometimes you need to do the legwork yourself and be aware of each step of the process. They may not tell you every single detail or probably don't have the time to do that, unless you ask very directed questions.
Dr. Schieber has great bed side manners and treats his patients really well. He answered any questions we had, through out the process and was able to produce results within 1 year of being at IRH. We were successful with our very first IVF and were satisfied with the results. We could never figure out what was wrong but in the end we are pregnant and that's what matters.
We didn't have a clear diagnosis for our infertility. But Dr. Schieber did find a polyp and we got that removed. We did 3 IUIs with Femara which were unsuccessful. Then we moved on to IVF with Menopur (1) and Follistim (125 IU) for about 8 days. They did 3 ultrasounds and blood tests. Towards the end, the dosage was adjusted to prevent OHSS. We ended up with 20 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized and 6 PGS normal embryos. We did a frozen transfer with our grade A embryo and were successful the first time.
Nursing staff was helpful in answering questions but the calling back system is very frustrating. You have to leave a voicemail and they get back to you when they can. Sometimes there were some urgent requests like - missed dosage, prior authorization requirement for a medicine, it was very hard to get to them for urgent needs.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Clinic staff is helpful when they return your voicemails but do not expect them to be available as soon as you call them. There is almost no guidance provided in terms of the different approvals needed for each step of the process. Prior Authorizations are needed for almost each step of the IVF process. You may not be able to proceed with your procedure without timely Prior Authorizations. We were delayed twice, once for retrieval and once for frozen transfer, because no one explains you these requirements. There was also some miscommunication on the Financial Advisor's side that prevented us from getting the authorization on time. Such delays can be avoided if there is more support staff available to answer questions immediately. The whole infertility process is very frustrating in itself and without immediate help, it adds to the frustration and desperation.
We probably paid about $8k out of pocket for all the procedures because we chose to do embryo biopsy and PGS testing. Rest was covered by the insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Our request for prior authorization for a medication was not submitted for a while despite multiple requests. We had to pay out of pocket for it since we couldn't go through the insurance.
Cincinnati

I feel that Dr Scheiber has a great deal of experience and is very knowledgeable. He tends to be more on the business side with the right amount of compassion. He is very detailed and I felt as if he gave me all my options at each step and made sure I knew what would be happening.... Now that I have miscarriage twice, Dr Scheiber plans on doing more in depth testing to see if there is potentially something wrong with me.
The clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health- Cincinnati] is very organized and has great practices set into place. The atmosphere is updated and nice and everything is done on site so the experience is easy. They call back quickly and are great at making sure your feel comfortable. The wait times for appointments are pretty much non existent. They are always ready for me at my appointment time.
I would suggest to have a list of questions ready and now be afraid to ask all of them. Doctors are busy but don’t feel rushed. It’s your appointment.
Dr. Scheiber has always given me any information I needed and has always taken the time to listen and answer any questions or concerns I might have.
The reason my husband and I needed IVF was because of a failed vasectomy reversal and there was no signs that I had an fertility issues so our protocol was pretty simple. Low dosages and we were able to have a great egg retrieval. After the first fresh transfer I miscarried and knew of was semi normal for that to happen since we didn’t do any embryo testing. Now that I have miscarriage twice, Dr Scheiber plans on doing more in depth testing to see if there is potentially something wrong with me.
The nursing staff is amazing and knowledgeable. They take their time to answer any questions and return call quickly.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic is very organized and has great practices set into place. The atmosphere is updated and nice and everything is done on site so the experience is easy. They call back quickly and are great at making sure your feel comfortable. The wait times for appointments are pretty much non existent. They are always ready for me at my appointment time.
Ivf cycle with fresh transfer and medication roughly $14,000 (cash only) Frozen transfer with medication $5000 (cash only)
Cincinnati

Michael Scheiber was an extremely upbeat and friendly guy. His knowledge made me feel extremely comfortable through the process from multiple check ups, egg retrieval all the way to the transfer. I always left the office knowing I was in good hands. ... We chose a 5 day embryo through PGS for transfer ... During every appointment, he would refer to my husband and I by our first name as if he knew us. He has an extremely friendly and compassionate demeanor
Better schedule/ timeline of events. I always wanted to know what was next and had a calendar of my own. The amount of paperwork was daunting. I know there is no way around it, but better communication [from Institute for Repro Health] of what was needed when so my husband and I could have been better prepared! ... There was a line to leave the nursing staff a message. I would call with anything- concerns etc. they would always call back in a timely manner knowing my full history.
There is a lot of paperwork! Always check in to see if you have everything signed. Medicine is expensive and on-going. Be prepared if pregnant to order endometrin and estradiol multiple times. Best through an online pharmacy!
Period Day 1: Tuesday, June 11th Start Birth Control: Thursday, June 13th -Spotting on Sunday, June 16th Preliminary Doctor’s Appointment to see how B.C. Is working: Wednesday, June 26th. He said everything looked great and that I would produce multiple eggs due to PCOS -Stop Birth Control July 3 -July 4, July 5 and July 6 no birth control. Very crampy and spotty especially on the last day -Start Follistim and Menopur July 7th. 125 of the follistim and 1 vial of Manipur -Mid Medication Follow Up July 10th at 3:45pm. Follicles progressing good. Start to take Ganirelix on Thursday. Lower Follistim dosage on Friday. -Follow Up July 13th at 10:00am: left side follicles are growing slower. Right side is on track. Next appointment scheduled for Monday. Predicted egg retrieval for Friday, July 19th. -Follow Up Follow Up July 15th at 8:45am. Had to purchase another gani. -Egg Retrieval day. Took vicodin at 7:15am. I arrived at IRH at 7:45am and they took me back on the bed. Pumped fluids through my hand since they couldn’t find a vein. Antibiotics and a relaxant medicine. A window behind the light with a person behind it. Dr. Scheiber recited my name to the nurses in the room and what they were here for. I felt everything that the doctor did but it was quick. Wheeled me back. Was in so much pain. Nurse Melissa told me they retrieved 17 eggs. -Saturday, 8:20am, nurse called and told me all 17 of my eggs were mature and out of that 12 fertilized -Thursday the 25th at 12:06pm nurse called me to tell me I had 6 Day 5/ Day 6 embryos -Started my period Saturday evening 27th/ 28th Sunday morning. Left nurse voicemail Saturday evening. Nurse called Sunday morning. Scheduled lining check on August 8th. Tentative transfer on 16th. Take estradiol 3 times a day -Wednesday 31st institute in Nashville called to say they received the samples and it will take 5 to 7 days for biopsy results -Appointment on August 8th- all embryos normal and healthy. 5 boys, 1 girl -August 16th transfer date
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Better schedule/ timeline of events. I always wanted to know what was next and had a calendar of my own. The amount of paperwork was daunting. I know there is no way around it, but better communication of what was needed when so my husband and I could have been better prepared!
$16,235 for IVF with PGD. Medications and Biopsy costs were separate
No comment. We chose a 5 day embryo through PGS for transfer
Cincinnati
At my first appointment with Dr. Scheiber we sat down and he listened to my husband and I talk about the doctors we have been to, the miscarriages we have went through, the joy of finding out we were pregnant with our daughter, our pleads to help us conceive again, every emotion we were feeling he listened to. Dr. Scheiber wasn't in a rush to get to his next appointment, he really listened to us and helped us to feel better about the next stages for us to be able to conceive again. Doctor Nps
The nursing staff [at IRH] is great! Everytime I call with questions or concerns they always call me back quickly. They have communicated with the doctor when I had concerns that needed addressed...Everyone here has been very welcoming and warm to us. Their greatest strength has been communication. They are quick to return phone calls, or answer any questions you may have. The only weakness that I have experienced so far is that the location is a little busy. I drive over an hour to get there, and it is in a very busy area so plan for extra time if traveling from a distance.
Dr. Scheiber has been a great doctor for us! Before coming to Dr. Scheiber we had honestly almost given up on being able to have another child. We will be starting IVF with Dr. Scheiber next week, and though we know there isn't a guarantee that everything will work out, he has taught us that we have so many options and different ways for us to be able to have another child.
I will be starting IVF next week so I haven't started injections yet. Dr. Scheiber has had me taking birth control until my baseline appointment because I have PCOS, the birth control is being used to shrink any follicles before starting the injections.
The nursing staff is great! Everytime I call with questions or concerns they always call me back quickly. They have communicated with the doctor when I had concerns that needed addressed.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Michael Scheiber] seems to share in our frustration that the process isn't working and we don't know why. He's also been very upfront with his recommendations. I really appreciate that he also gives levels of treatment. Everything from "the gold standard" to something a little less expensive but he still fully backs. Also - he understands my need to try to do every little thing to try to help the process along - so he was ready with recommendations for acupuncturists and supplements. I always feel like he's one step ahead.
I think that Dr. Scheiber is really a great doctor. There isn't much negative to say at all. He seems to share in our frustration that the process isn't working and we don't know why. He's also been very upfront with his recommendations. I really appreciate that he also gives levels of treatment. Everything from "the gold standard" to something a little less expensive but he still fully backs. Also - he understands my need to try to do every little thing to try to help the process along - so he was ready with recommendations for acupuncturists and supplements. I always feel like he's one step ahead.
Ask a LOT of questions and don't be worried if you think your question is stupid. He's had almost every question asked before and there isn't anything stupid you can ask. He is VERY patient and will say the same thing a few times if you need that.
Dr. Scheiber is really a fantastic doctor. He's incredibly kind, thoughtful, and careful with his exams and through the whole process. He somehow always remembers past conversations, and manages to smile and be encouraging even when things aren't going our way. He's also really great at giving you the full picture. He will tell you fairly clearly if there is a treatment that he doesn't like, or doesn't think you need.
This cycle is fairly similar to all my other cycles. He started me off with 14ish days of birth control ( to get control of the cycle), then a baseline scan, Then a few days of just gonal-f ( 200 units) and Menopur (one vial). After my second scan, cetrotide was added. I've had a couple scans since the addition of my cetrotide, and my gonal-f was bumped to 250 to try to encourage a bit more growth. I'm taking ovidrel for my trigger shot
The nurses at IRH are wonderful! They fully take the time to answer questions, or just listen to you talk if you need to. They are all on your team so much and it really shows
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
IRH is a great clinic with an excellent success rate! The offices are beautiful, clean, and very comfortable. The equipment also seems to be very up to date. The biggest negative about IRH is that when you call the IVF nurse line, you have to leave a message and wait for a call back. I understand that the volume of people they serve is huge and its impossible for them to take all the calls as they come in, but its VERY frustrating to have to wait for a call back for EVERY question. It would be nice if they could also provide an email or online chat for quick questions or verification.
I know the cost of medicine for my full ivf cycle is around $4,000. I don't remember the exact cost of the procedure as they are now covered by insurance. But I believe around $15,000
Usually Dr. Scheiber only does single embryo at a time. Mostly this is because a singleton pregnancy has fewer complications then multiples. If you are older or - like me- have had several unsuccessful cycles and/or chemical pregnancies etc...there is a case to be made for doing multiple. It seems like he's trying to make sure that as far as can be controlled - everything is smooth as can be
2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr. scheiber helped me understand fully everything that would be done and was so positive through our entire process. He never once made me feel like our IVF wasn’t going to work. He was always very upfront and honest but also caring and helpful at the same time.... I was on stims like most and our first cycle was cancelled because I had one follicle taking over on one side. He cancelled and started a new protocol that worked better for me. We ended up with 6 eggs and 3 fertilized. The first two were transferred and we were pregnant but miscarried and the last egg was put in from frozen and we became pregnant again. She is 3 years old and the best blessing ever!
I have to say this clinic [IRH-Cincinnati] is great so no negatives to note. Very professional and courtesy as well as caring staff. They always make you feel welcome and have never made us feel unwelcome or a bother to them.... Nursing staff had always been pleasant to work with. They are compassionate and always get back to you in a timely manner.... For self pay we paid around $20,000 in 2014 with meds and all. This included a failed cycle and a full IVF cycle then our last egg was frozen which resulted in a baby girl. We now have insurance and it’s nice that they have a global with our insurance because that helps a lot!
He’s the best! There isn’t anyone better! We made the mistake of seeing another RE (because we thought it would be cheaper) and have since went back to him!
Dr. Scheiber always put my feelings first and was very understanding with my problems and what I was going through. He is a very caring doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I have to say this clinic is great so no negatives to note. Very professional and courtesy as well as caring staff. They always make you feel welcome and have never made us feel unwelcome or a bother to them.
I agree with whatever he thinks is the best.
Cincinnati
Dr. Scheiber remembered specific details about our case. He personally called back when I would call to leave a message...He took the time to explain everything in ways we could understand. He listened patiently while we spoke. I felt comfortable talking with him and he made sure we covered every question on my list before ending our visit. He didn’t rush through any ultrasound, consult, phone conversation. The ONLY thing that frustrated me was that I didn’t see Dr. Scheiber throughout my entire IVF cycle. His partnering doctors would sometimes do my ultrasounds, egg retrieval, etc.
The nurses [at IRH[ were absolutely wonderful. I fell in love with many of them. They were the last people you saw before leaving the clinic and there were many times I had to stop at the checkout desk and just cry. They were compassionate, helpful, empathetic and truly became my friends along the way...My total cost for our IVF cycle was $9300. That included ICSI...The clinic is big, beautiful, and my favorite part was that it was filled with positive affirmations. There were quotes on the walls, bible verses strategically placed. The decor was subtle and calming. No weaknesses about the clinic. I was a patient and 3 fertility clinics and this one was by far the nicest.
Dr. Scheiber was extremely informative and detailed. He took the time to explain everything in ways we could understand. He listened patiently while we spoke. I felt comfortable talking with him and he made sure we covered every question on my list before ending our visit. He didn’t rush through any ultrasound, consult, phone conversation. The ONLY thing that frustrated me was that I didn’t see Dr. Scheiber throughout my entire IVF cycle. His partnering doctors would sometimes do my ultrasounds, egg retrieval, etc.
Show up with a list of all of your questions. He will answer them all.
For my IVF cycle, I was on 5 weeks of birth control (the long length of time was due to an ovarian cyst we were waiting to dissolve). My stimulation protocol required 300mg Follistim, 75mg Menopur, and 1 syringe of Ganirelix beginning on day 5. The results didn’t yield exactly what we had hoped. I was on stims for 11 days, and they retrieved 3 eggs. After my egg retrieval I began 300mg of Endometrin daily.
The nurses were absolutely wonderful. I fell in love with many of them. They were the last people you saw before leaving the clinic and there were many times I had to stop at the checkout desk and just cry. They were compassionate, helpful, empathetic and truly became my friends along the way. I couldn’t have made it through this without the nurses. They were wonderful.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
My total cost for our IVF cycle was $9300. That included ICSI. Our medication was ordered through MDR pharmacy and the total for that was $2800. Our consultation with Dr. Scheiber was $166.
Dr. Scheiber put both of my 2 embryos back in on day 2. They were healthy but given the fact that I only had 2, Dr. Scheiber said they were better off in me than in a lab. This gave us a higher chance of blastocysts.

2014 - 2017, Successful
All the IRH nurses are wonderful, but every time Heather was working when I was there she requested to work with me. We really connected at the West Chester office and she remembered me each time I was in. She has such a positive energy and exudes the hope all staff at a place like this should. She was a huge cheerleader for us through the whole process and when we got our positive. She was in the room when we found out we lost our baby and cried right along with us. I will never forget her or her compassion.
Dr. Scheiber is very much to the point but makes sure I understand what's happening. He listens and responds to my questions no matter how long it takes. He was very straightforward about our chances of conceiving without giving false hope or seeming overly negative. What really makes me feel great about seeing him is the way he treated me when I miscarried. He had to deliver the news to us and even though he sees this all the time was visibly upset, which made me feel he truly cares. He then came in several hours early on his surgery day to fit me in so I wouldn't have to wait several days for a d&c. We are about to do our first frozen embryo transfer with him this month. We were having trouble getting the money together so shopped around for a cheaper clinic. We found one and I called IRH to see if he would match their price. He did far better than match it to keep me there and to not risk transporting our precious embryos elsewhere. Because of that we're able to do the transfer now rather than 6 months to a year from now. I feel like every bit of my treatment protocol has been spot on and I trust him implicitly. I know we're in excellent hands and feel 100% confident we'll have our miracle baby soon!
Ask questions! Even if you think of them later. He gives minimum detail unless you ask.
Dr. Scheiber always takes time to explain everything and makes sure I understand. He answers my questions thoroughly and honestly.
3 IUIs: only medication used was Ovidrel since we have male factor infertility. All 3 resulted in negative tests. IVF: can't recall the protocol but started birth control to suppress my cycle so it could be easily fracked and timed. Went off that and began stim injections to produce a number of eggs. Was closely monitored via ultrasound to check progress and retrieval was set based on follicle size. We had 12 follicles, 9 eggs retrieved, 6 5-day old blastocysts. We transferred 1 embryo which resulted in pregnancy but ended at 10 weeks due to chromosomal abnormality. Dr. Scheiber did not recommend pre genetic screening for the embryos because I do not have infertility and have high quality eggs. FET#1: prescribed Estrace beginning cycle day 1. Will be monitored for ovulation via ultrasound. Once I've ovulated the transfer will be scheduled for 5 days later. Upon transfer I'll begin progesterone therapy until at least the beta test 8-10 days later, longer if the test is positive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Weaknesses: the phone system is a bit confusing, even for seasoned patients. Also really have to pay attention to your bill for errors. Strengths: multiple locations around the city. Drs belong to The Christ Hospital which is the best in Cinci in my opinion. They offer an online and inperson support group which has been so wonderful.
IUI: about $1k/cycle IVF: $10k plus around $4k for medication FET: $4500 plus about $350 for medication
Dr. Scheiber is a huge proponent for eSET unless there is a strong medical reason to transfer more than one. His logic is technology has advanced to a point it's no longer necessary to transfer multiple to be successful and since a multiples pregnancy is riskier than a singleton he avoids recommending it if possible. At the end of the day though it's the patients decision, but he will make sure you have all the facts to make an informed choice.

2014 - 2017, Successful
Everyone at IRH is amazing and kind. I never came across any rude people in all my many visits to the office. I remember being told good luck by other nurses who I had before, just not that day. I believe they all genuinely care for all their patients and they all want to help you have a baby.... The only weakness is their new phone system. I’m not a huge fan of automated. But I know it helps them help more people. I would just like to talk to a real person.
Dr. Scheiber was very quick to diagnose me with PCOS. A quick ultrasound confirmed his diagnosis. I had to have a surgery before we started treatments to clear tissue out of my uterus. We started with femara. That wasn’t working well so I was given injectables. We did 5 or 6 iui’s all with femara and injectables without success. Dr. Scheiber was positive during the whole process but also realistic. He saw that iui’s weren’t working and suggested a meeting to discuss new ideas. Which was IVF. We were lucky to have some insurance coverage so we were able to start right away. We did education day the middle of January and injections started the second week of February. I had my first retrieval 2/24. Transfer was 2/27. We transferred two 3 day embryos. They didn’t stick. Second retrieval was 4/14. Transfer was 4/19. We transferred two 5 day embryos. They also didn’t stick. That was a very low point for me. If it wasn’t for Dr. Scheiber I would have quit right there. He convinced me to try a frozen transfer with our remaining 2 embryos. Our last chance. Dr. Scheiber was super upbeat and during the transfer on 5/25 he was like this is it! This time is going to work! On June 8 2016 I received the best phone call ever. I was pregnant! We had our first 2 ultrasounds at IRH then we graduated to my OB/GYN. On February 10,2017 I had a healthy baby boy!!
You’ve made the right choice choosing IRH and Dr. Scheiber. He’s kind but will tell you the truth. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Schieber always greeted me with a smile, and was always positive about the treatments I was doing. He answered mine and my husband’s questions. He was always approachable.
I wish I was better at names. Everyone at IRH is amazing and kind. I never came across any rude people in all my many visits to the office. I remember being told good luck by other nurses who I had before, just not that day. I believe they all genuinely care for all their patients and they all want to help you have a baby.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
IRH strengths: -The Drs/nurses work well together. They all enjoy being there. That makes their patients more comfortable about being there. -they’re knowledgeable about their field. They’re very confident on their treatment plans. -the wait times aren’t usually long. I don’t think I’ve waited longer than 10 minutes in the room. - they have 3 offices for patients convenience. The only weakness is their new phone system. I’m not a huge fan of automated. But I know it helps them help more people. I would just like to talk to a real person.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Health.
I was going like every other day or every 2 days for like two weeks during the cycle. I was usually able to schedule appointments when it was convenient for me. But obviously some days don’t work as well as others.
We were lucky and had insurance coverage. The drugs were expensive. I think for the Iui and ivf cycles we paid close to $10,000 on drugs and $10,000 for the cycles. Our costs would have doubled or tripled had we not had coverage.
We chose to transfer two embryos. We thought it would give us a better shot at atleast one sticking. The office suggests one, but won’t do any more than two.
Cincinnati

We were thoroughly impressed with Dr. Scheiber and the entire team at IRH. He was very personable and extremely professional. We ended up relocating to a different state without getting pregnant, but even after we left, he and his staff were helpful in providing necessary records and recommendations to resume treatment elsewhere. We'd highly recommend Scheiber!...We started on a low-dose pill I took during 5 days of my menstrual cycle. I didn't respond as much as hoped (in terms of follicle growth), so the dosage was increased 50% for the remaining 4 cycles. We tried IUIs 4 times.
IRH is a fantastic clinic all around. The staff are people too, so even though service is provided every day, you may not have the same staff each visit. This didn't bother us at all since they work seamlessly together and we had regular check-in visits with our primary doctor (Dr. Scheiber) there...All of the nurses we encountered during our treatment were professional and caring...we found the costs to be competitive (for the U.S.)
The team at IRH work seamlessly to provide care every day of the week. For the in-office treatments and some investigative procedures, you will probably be seen by other doctors. They're all very good at IRH.
Dr. Scheiber always treated us like people. He was patient to explain our case and options with us.
We started on a low-dose pill I took during 5 days of my menstrual cycle. I didn't respond as much as hoped (in terms of follicle growth), so the dosage was increased 50% for the remaining 4 cycles. We tried IUIs 4 times. Had we not relocated to another state, we would have skipped the intermediary option and gone straight to IVF. This was recommended because of my age (and weight).
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Our medical insurance coverage was quite good. I don't remember exact costs, but we found the costs to be competitive (for the U.S.)
Cincinnati

[Dr. Michael Scheiber] was the only doctor that explained exactly what PSCOS was and how to handle the symptoms...through the IVF process he made sure we fully understood exactly was was going on...explained every medication and what they were for. During my egg retrieval and transfer he talked to us the entire time to make me feel comfortable...When we had our miscarriage he gave us a call personally to tell how sorry he was and that we shouldn’t give up.
[Staff at Institute for Reproductive Health] were honest, compassionate, helpful...Compared to other doctor offices and clinics, they were not over crowded. They know how to schedule things so there’s not a thousand other people in the office...Over all about $20,000 including medications...Not at any point did [Dr. Michael Scheiber] make us feel like we were a number or a way to make money.
I’ve been to several mds about my infertility issues (I have PSCOS). He was the only doctor that explained exactly what PSCOS was and how to handle the symptoms. When we went through the IVF process he made sure we fully understood exactly was was going on and what to do. He explained every medication and what they were for. During my egg retrieval and transfer he talked to us the entire time to make me feel comfortable. During the entire process he was hopeful and helped us be hopeful. I felt like he felt everything we felt, if we were having a hard time so was he, if we were excited so was he. When we had our miscarriage he gave us a call personally to tell how sorry he was and that we shouldn’t give up. Not at any point did he make us feel like we were a number or a way to make money. He was there to help us.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions. If he doesn’t know the answer he will try his best to find an answer.
He was very personable. He made us feel like we were friends. He explained things so detailed that we were able to understand everything with out question. If we had a problem or concern he would talk/walk us through it. When we had our miscarriage he called himself and talked with us.
We used several different medications. Estradiol, several injections, ovidrel, ICIS (because husbands count was low)
The nursing staff was just as awesome as he was. They were honest, compassionate, helpful, and a whole lot of other things that I can’t explain.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Compared to other doctor offices and clinics, they were not over crowded. They know how to schedule things so there’s not a thousand other people in the office. Not once did we have a problem with any portion of our visits. And trust me, my husband is super picky when it comes to doctors and his patience.
Over all about $20,000 including medications
He wanted what was best for us, so we did 2 single transfers, then we only had 2 embryos left so We made a decision to transfer both. He/we took every precaution to help me stay safe and healthy and to not put too much “pressure” on my body
Cincinnati
He's [Dr. Scheiber] honest and seems to want the same outcome we want... He's hands on, takes the time to explain and waits for all my questions. At first I felt like just another patient but after our first loss he seemed more compassionate. Sometimes when I call the clinic he's the one that will call me back instead of the nurses and I appreciate that.... once you become a patient and have to deal with your actual doctor you do get treated like they really do want what's best for you.
I've always been pretty happy with the nurses there [Inst for Repro Health]. Usually if I call before for Mike the message says I get a call back. There have been a few times where I haven't gotten a call before four and it definitely is frustrating but they usually apologize and we go on with life...The main thing that I've only really been upset with them about is not calling in prescriptions and then have been once or twice but it all worked out
Don't be embarked to ask anything and everything.
He's honest and seems to want the same outcome we want
If I remember correctly we don't really have any issues but Dr. Scheiber put his on our drill to increase our our number of follicles. He said it would probably take a few tries to work, but likely we got pregnant with the first two are you I cycles. And we even got pregnant with our fourth cycle. We had a third loss and that was the hardest and it was a situation that Dr. Scheiber had never dealt with as well. We all decided that a D&C would be the best option. He explained the risk.
I've always been pretty happy with the nurses there. Usually if I call before for Mike the message says I get a call back. There have been a few times where I haven't gotten a call before four and it definitely is frustrating but they usually apologize and we go on with life
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
This is the second fertility doctor I've seen and they are by far the best that I've been to. A lot of family also has been patient of theirs and they've all been satisfied. It does give little overwhelming because people are going in and out and sometimes it feels a bit not like a doctors office because people are spending so much money. But once you become a patient and have to deal with your actual doctor you do get treated like they really do want what's best for you.
We had fortunately insurance provider most of our coverage all we had to pay really was our $45 co-pay each cycle plus an eight dollar bill from the insurance so we're pretty blessed. These only cover are you why so anything after that we haven't done and I don't know how much they cost
Cincinnati
You will not see Dr Scheiber at every appointment. All of the doctors in the practice have different bedside manners and some are way different than others!...He is a very smart man, & I believe has the best interest in all of his patients...ICSI performed, 5 day transfer of one blastocyst rated perfect... We had done a lot of leg work in the beginning of treatment so he was ready to get started with us as soon as we arrived. We had all of our info in place and were just as eager to get started with treatment! We wish we were able to see him each time we went but there are 3 locations and 3 doctors. We have had to be flexible.
You must leave a message and wait for a call back [at Institute for Reproductive Health]. Inconvenient for me working In healthcare field as well. Billing/financial is helpful but not as helpful as I wish they would be when it comes to insurance benefit and helping me figure out what is best. Nursing staff is helpful. Catering to me when I need to lay down for bloodwork. Drs schedules are hard to work with if you only want to see one doctor! Need to be flexible but everyone has been great!
We enjoy seeing Dr Scheiber. He cares for us and answers our questions. We have been with him from October 2016-current. We had done a lot of leg work in the beginning of treatment so he was ready to get started with us as soon as we arrived. We had all of our info in place and were just as eager to get started with treatment! We wish we were able to see him each time we went but there are 3 locations and 3 doctors. We have had to be flexible.
You will not see Dr Scheiber at every appointment. All of the doctors in the practice have different bedside manners and some are way different than others! I was shocked! He is a very smart man, & I believe has the best interest in all of his patients.
Dr. Scheiber was always very welcoming, accepting, and comforting. He spoke to both myself and my husband frequently in the office. He cared & answered all of my questions.
IUI with Femara days 3-7, once IUI was complete we had intercourse that evening and the next day - negative Another semen analysis was completed and nothing had changed since husband changed diet and started Clomid. IVF - BCP, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirilex, & HCG trigger - egg retrieval while under conscious sedation. ICSI performed, 5 day transfer of one blastocyst rated perfect. Started endometrin -negative test at 10dp5dt. Beginning 1st FET - Estradiol & baby aspirin day 1-day20. Day 14 ultrasound and will start endometrin at that time. Day 20 thaw and transfer of hopefully two blasts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Jacquie )
Nursing staff is great! They're helpful, but hard to get ahold of. We have to leave a message every time we have a question. We request they return a call between certain times and they do their best with that. A trend we have seen is they tend to return calls around 3:45-4:00 pm which is inconvenient because they don't return calls after 4. So if you miss the call between 3:45-4:00 you have to wait until the next day.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
You cannot speak to someone directly. You must leave a message and wait for a call back. Inconvenient for me working In healthcare field as well. Billing/financial is helpful but not as helpful as I wish they would be when it comes to insurance benefit and helping me figure out what is best. Nursing staff is helpful. Catering to me when I need to lay down for bloodwork. Drs schedules are hard to work with if you only want to see one doctor! Need to be flexible but everyone has been great!
IUI - $350ish IVF w/ ICSI - $20,000 billed to insurance. Roughly $11,000 if self pay. Meds were ordered through online pharmacy at $3,000 FET - $8,000 billed to insurance, $4500 if Self pay
Drs only wanted to transfer 1 embryo first cycle. We were disappointed as we wanted to transfer two. We were told it would only increase chances by 2%. We "had great odds with my age & the rating of our embryo". Resulted in negative pregnancy test. We are pushing for 2 embryos transferred this time. We had a lot of pushback transferring two the first round and was talked down upon when we asked about transferring two from another dr within the practice.
2015 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Michael Scheiber] was extremely caring and always asked about our daughter when we saw him. He had a great sense of humor during the whole process (which was appreciated!) while being frank with us about the challenges we would face trying to conceive at our ages... I had three IUIs (with Clomid and Ovidril) and had a negative result, a chemical pregnancy, a month off and a negative result before taking another month off to mentally regroup. After that month to regroup (and stop stressing about it!) I got pregnant on our fourth IUI (still with Clomid and Ovidril).
I didn't like that you can never talk to a live person [at Institute for Reproductive Health] but they are very prompt about returning calls. I never had a bad experience with a nurse on the phone or in person...Strengths- Multiple locations, flexible hours, reasonable cost, good success and quality doctors and staff. All three doctors are great. Weaknesses- I didn't like when I was given an appointment to see the nurse practitioner (or felt like I was forced to see her) when I was told I was seeing one of the doctors. She, in my opinion, is very rough during examinations.
He was extremely caring and always asked about our daughter when we saw him. He had a great sense of humor during the whole process (which was appreciated!) while being frank with us about the challenges we would face trying to conceive at our ages.
Trust him. He will be frank with you.
Dr. Scheiber and his staff have always been very warm and compassionate. When I had a chemical pregnancy he called me after I had had several conversations with the nursing staff. He had very kind words for me and gave me some peace in a very emotional situation.
For my first pregnancy it took several rounds of Clomid before I ovulated. When I did finally ovulate I took Ovidril and he gave us the option to do IUI or not. We elected to do IUI (because we didn't know how long it would take before I would ovulate again) and I got pregnant. The second time around was not so easy. I had three IUIs (with Clomid and Ovidril) and had a negative result, a chemical pregnancy, a month off and a negative result before taking another month off to mentally regroup. After that month to regroup (and stop stressing about it!) I got pregnant on our fourth IUI (still with Clomid and Ovidril).
I didn't like that you can never talk to a live person but they are very prompt about returning calls. I never had a bad experience with a nurse on the phone or in person.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I think it was $475 for my first IUI in 2015 and $500 per IUI in 2016/2017.
Cincinnati
We did 1 fresh embryo transfer of a day 5 embryo [with Dr. Scheiber]. I was on oral contraceptives prior to initiating injection medications. I took menopur and follistim once daily and added ganerelix for the last 4 days of injections. I responded well to the initial doses recommended and no dose changes were needed. I used endometrin suppositories 3 times daily after egg retrieval. They retrieved 7 eggs, all mature, which led to 5 embryos after ICSI. One embryo made it to day 5 and was transferred resulting in a healthy, full term birth.
It [IRH-Cincinnati] is a well run clinic with great doctors and staff. The nurses are knowledgeable and friendly. They are very experienced due to a large patient volume. I did not notice any weaknesses. I highly recommend them to others with fertility problems... I believe our out of pocket costs for IVF were around 10,000 for 1 cycle.... At my age and with primarily male factor infertility eSET was recommended.
He took a very thorough history at our first appointment. He was friendly and easy to talk to each time we saw him. He gave us an honest assessment and went into detail about each of our treatment options including chances of success. I never felt pushed to pursue a particular path and felt like all of my questions were answered.
I would definitely recommend that they go see him for any fertility needs.
He remembered details of our situation and was always kind during visits.
We did 1 fresh embryo transfer of a day 5 embryo. I was on oral contraceptives prior to initiating injection medications. I took menopur and follistim once daily and added ganerelix for the last 4 days of injections. I responded well to the initial doses recommended and no dose changes were needed. I used endometrin suppositories 3 times daily after egg retrieval. They retrieved 7 eggs, all mature, which led to 5 embryos after ICSI. One embryo made it to day 5 and was transferred resulting in a healthy, full term birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
They were always very helpful and responded quickly to questions. I felt very comfortable with them.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
It is a well run clinic with great doctors and staff. The nurses are knowledgeable and friendly. They are very experienced due to a large patient volume. I did not notice any weaknesses. I highly recommend them to others with fertility problems.
I believe our out of pocket costs for IVF were around 10,000 for 1 cycle.
At my age and with primarily male factor infertility eSET was recommended.
Cincinnati

y husband and I underwent 12 cycles of treatment (we switched to Dr. S [Michael Scheiber] after the 9th or 10th cycle - he only needed 2 cycles to get the job done), and once the issue was identified, he went head on in finding a solution. When one cycle failed, he got a little more aggressive in treatment and adjusted our plan until we conceived our daughter. He didn't speak to us like a doctor, he spoke to us like human beings. He was thorough, always made sure we understood what was going on, and most importantly, made me feel so absolutely confident. Our transfers with him were the smoothest embryo transfers compared to other doctors and I always knew that he was right on the money.
IRH offers a money back program. I believe it was $18,000 which gave you 2 egg retrievals, 2 fresh cycles, and 2 frozen cycles. If at the end of all of that you have not had a live birth, they give you 70% (I believe) of your money back.... The office is incredibly organized! Your appointment will ALWAYS be right on time and every department of that office is very responsive to calls and questions. The nursing staff goes above and beyond and you will never leave the office feeling like you don't have a full understand of anything going on.
After having been a patient of Dr. Scheiber, I could not imagine having any other doctor. My husband and I underwent 12 cycles of treatment (we switched to Dr. S after the 9th or 10th cycle - he only needed 2 cycles to get the job done), and once the issue was identified, he went head on in finding a solution. When one cycle failed, he got a little more aggressive in treatment and adjusted our plan until we conceived our daughter. He didn't speak to us like a doctor, he spoke to us like human beings. He was thorough, always made sure we understood what was going on, and most importantly, made me feel so absolutely confident. Our transfers with him were the smoothest embryo transfers compared to other doctors and I always knew that he was right on the money.
The only advice I can offer a prospective patient is to take the leap of faith! Dr. Scheiber will not let you down. Whether you get the outcome you dream of or not, you will always know he did everything he could.
Dr. S had compassion, understood what my husband and I were going through, and refused to give up. He was determined to make our dreams come true and I felt I could ask him anything.
Dr. Scheiber didn't become my primary until later in my journey, and my diagnosis of factor II had just been discovered, but the minute I came to him he switched my medicines up to target the issue. Our first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy, so right away he made a few adjustments and the next cycle resulted in my daughter. I don't remember specifics, but I remember him being very vigilant in finding the right combination of medicine/injectibles.
The nursing staff is one of the best I've had the pleasure of working with. They were kind, understanding, incredible at making you feel at ease, and are sympathetic to what you are going through. They are always available to answer any questions and happy to help.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Every time we did a transfer, we placed two embryos which I thought was perfect. Two was where he drew the line for me and I was very happy with that.
2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Scheiber was a blessing to us, he always had our best interest at heart and always made sure we weren't wasting time or money on treatments....Dr Scheiber jumped right into treatment cycles- IUI with femara and ovidrel for trigger. He monitored me with bloodwork and ultrasounds before the actual IUI... He was always compassionate, caring, and a kind person. I always felt comfortable under his care, and he always helped me have a positive outlook.
IRH has awesome positivity and support! The only downfall I experienced was their phone system, it's automated and you must leave a voicemail and then wait for them to call back. I was a little impatient to wait for a response from them while in cycles....The nursing staff were always friendly, informative, and compassionate whether we had a negative or positive cycle....we were happy and successful with 2 different pregnancies under Dr. Scheiber's care.
Dr. Scheiber was a blessing to us, he always had our best interest at heart and always made sure we weren't wasting time or money on treatments. We were always on top of how cycles went and how to move forward for future cycles. He was always compassionate, caring, and a kind person. I always felt comfortable under his care, and he always helped me have a positive outlook. I would and have recommended him to anyone that needs to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist. I am forever grateful for his care and helping us to achieve a family.
Trust him, and his plan for you! He knows what he's doing.
He talked to me like I was a friend, a person with feelings.
After years of trying to conceive and complaining to my gynecologist, I knew something was wrong. I found a new Gynecologist and we started cloned right away (4 cycles) all were negative so we were referred to see Dr. Scheiber at IRH. A huge blessing!!! Dr Scheiber jumped right into treatment cycles- IUI with femara and ovidrel for trigger. He monitored me with bloodwork and ultrasounds before the actual IUI, and although it always took my body at least 4 cycles, we were happy and successful with 2 different pregnancies under Dr. Scheiber's care.
2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr Schieber was very kind and compassionate. When I had failed cycles he validated my sadness and then we came up with next steps together. And when we finally got pregnant he was very excited for us!...For my first child we did IUI with injectibles (follistim) 3 times. And the 3rd time worked! I wasnted to move onto IVF after the second cycle failed but Dr Sheiber encouraged me to do 3 cycles before moving on. I'm so glad he did.
The wait time [at Institute for Reproductive Health] is usually under 10 minutes. They can schedule new patients within a few weeks. They were very flexible with my schedule. They are very kind and compassionate...They [nurses] were excellent! Always called me back within hours. Were very kind and compassionate to me. Also, very knowledgeable...I think our IUI's (including monitoring appointments and sperm collection) were around $800. This did not include medication, as my insurance fortunately covered those.
Dr Schieber is very kind and compassionate. He has a really good sense of humor which was helpful to us during this season of life. There was one day that he seemed really rushed (but that was not the norm so I'm not sure if something was going on in the clinic that day that he needed to get to...?). One thing that I needed to adjust to initially was he didn't really seem to think taking "natural routes" would really help much... I asked him if I should go on a gluten-free or fairy-free diet and he just kind of chuckled. He said I could if I wanted to, but didn't think it would make much difference. The doctor I had seen before him was very much an advocate of the natural route so I had to adjust to Dr Schiebers mindset.
Go see him sooner than later!
For my first child we did IUI with injectibles (follistim) 3 times. And the 3rd time worked! I wasnted to move onto IVF after the second cycle failed but Dr Sheiber encouraged me to do 3 cycles before moving on. I'm so glad he did. I was also on progesterone starting in the latter half on my cycle and when I had a positive pregnancy test I was kept on it for 10-12 weeks. We started with this protocol because with my first Dr I had done 8 rounds with Femara/Progesterone and al had failed. I had also done an HCG and had a laparoscopy with my previous Dr and was diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. With my second child we also did injectibles (Global-F) and IUI twice. The second one resulted in a positive pregnancy test. I was also on Progesterone until week 10 of pregnancy.
They were excellent! Always called me back within hours. Were very kind and compassionate to me. Also, very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The wait time is usually under 10 minutes. They can schedule new patients within a few weeks. They were very flexible with my schedule. They are very kind and compassionate.
Cincinnati

Due to multiple miscarriages, Factor V with Leiden and only one tube, he [Dr. Scheiber] determined IVF with genetic testing will be the best path for us to take. Genetic testing can help give insight into the embryo and hopefully give a better success with me. We will start with injectables to get my eggs ready for retrieval and go from there. ... He took the time to really look over my past treatments and every aspect of my medical history to see what our best plan of action will be.
The clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] feels very welcoming and is set up nicely. You have everything you need right in the office. They have a billing area as well so that you can get cycle estimates and check for any coverage if possible. They were very helpful in getting everything set up. ... They kept me informed about all of my lab results and would call back promptly. Any questions I had they immediately were willing to answer and help with whatever I needed.
I felt very comfortable going into treatment with a new physican. He had already looked over all of my medical history and prior treatments. He already had a plan mapped out of what we needed to do and the time frame we were looking at. He explained everything in great detail. Me and my husband felt very informed about my care after our visit.
Listen to what he has to say! He is very knowledgeable and will do whatever he can to help achieve your dreams!
Due to multiple miscarriages, Factor V with Leiden and only one tube, he determined IVF with genetic testing will be the best path for us to take. Genetic testing can help give insight into the embryo and hopefully give a better success with me. We will start with injectables to get my eggs ready for retrieval and go from there.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic feels very welcoming and is set up nicely. You have everything you need right in the office. They have a billing area as well so that you can get cycle estimates and check for any coverage if possible. They were very helpful in getting everything set up.
15,900 for IVF genetic cycle. Not sure about mediations yet.
2019, Consult
They [staff at Institute for Reproductive Health] were very friendly and answered any questions I had. I wasn’t in the waiting room very long so they were very efficient. Even though they were efficient, they were always willing to stop what they were doing to help...All [nurses]were very helpful, explained everything thoroughly. Very nice...I went in to [Dr. Scheiber's] office expecting the worst, he explained to me that I had a chance. He was very kind and took the time to listen to me and was genuinely concerned and there to help. I left that day crying because of good news...He was very pleasant and made you feel like he already knew you. He reviewed my pictures from previous surgeries and gave me his opinion. He took the time to talk with me about concerns I had, explained the process in detail and I left there that day feeling hopeful, and my mind at ease...I was told I had a slim chance of getting my own eggs and he reassured me that it could be done. I had to put a hold on the process because it is very expensive but with my low ovarian reserve he told me I needed to do it very soon. I’m trying.
Ask anything, there isn’t a stupid question and he will do his best to answer. And have faith!
I went in to his office expecting the worst, he explained to me that I had a chance. He was very kind and took the time to listen to me and was genuinely concerned and there to help. I left that day crying because of good news.
I did an initial consult with him. I was told I had a slim chance of getting my own eggs and he reassured me that it could be done. I had to put a hold on the process because it is very expensive but with my low ovarian reserve he told me I needed to do it very soon. I’m trying.
All were very helpful, explained everything thoroughly. Very nice.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
They were very friendly and answered any questions I had. I wasn’t in the waiting room very long so they were very efficient. Even though they were efficient, they were always willing to stop what they were doing to help.
Ultrasound was around $400 after insurance and bloodwork was $75 after insurance.
I haven’t went through the process yet.
West Chester

Dr Scheiber always treated me with respect and showed genuine passion and dedication to our treatment. We are still undergoing treatment and have not even considered seeing someone else.... Dr. Schiber is very compassionate about infertility and dedicated to tearing his patients. He’s honest about his thoughts as to whether treatment is going to work and what he recommends.
The nursing staff [Institute for Reproductive Health] is thorough. You have to call a voice mail line first but the majority of the time you will receive a call back in less than 30 mins... Strengths: dedication to success, doctors are friendly and very knowledgeable about infertility and express empathy and compassion. Weakness: size. Large clientele some may get lost in the shuffle. Sometimes you see a NP instead of a physician which can be frustrating when you want answers or direction for the next cycle
Dr. Schiber is very compassionate about infertility and dedicated to tearing his patients. He’s honest about his thoughts as to whether treatment is going to work and what he recommends. The only thing that I disliked was seeing the NP whenever I had an appointment at the Rookwood office. At the Northern KY office you always see a physician
We were well prepared a head of time before going to the clinic. Have all medical record and test related to infertility sent before your appointment so that he has time to review and come up with a plan before your visit.
The nursing staff is thorough. You have to call a voice mail line first but the majority of the time you will receive a call back in less than 30 mins
Uncovered cost have been around 2,000
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Unfortunately there was a mishap in sending a prescription to the specialty pharmacy. However, once addressed by nursing it was resolved in less than a business day.
Florence

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
IUI With Other Docs
Dr Schieber listened to my whole long story of previous tests and treatments, and laid out all the options we had going forward. He explained the benefits and drawbacks of each option, but never pressured us to make a certain decision. I appreciated his honesty and willingness to help with whatever decision we made....He always spoke in a personal manner, made a couple jokes, and light-heartedly teased my husband.
The clinic [Inst for Repro Health] itself is very efficient. Appointment times were very prompt. The staff is very helpful and willing to answer questions...We paid about $400 for the initial consultation visit, which included some lab work for me. We paid about $100 each for genetic carrier testing....Dr Schieber listened to my whole long story of previous tests and treatments, and laid out all the options we had going forward.
By the time I went to see Dr Schieber I had already completed numerous medicated cycles and even 4 IUIs under my Ob-gyn. I worried that I would have to repeat that course with a new doctor. But Dr Schieber listened to my whole long story of previous tests and treatments, and laid out all the options we had going forward. He explained the benefits and drawbacks of each option, but never pressured us to make a certain decision. I appreciated his honesty and willingness to help with whatever decision we made.
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
He always spoke in a personal manner, made a couple jokes, and light-heartedly teased my husband. Sounds silly, but those things make a difference in feeling like a doctor is speaking to you like a real person they know- not just a case number
Our experience with the nursing staff has been limited since we've only gone through testing aspects so far with this office, but from that standpoint they were very organized and efficient.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic itself is very efficient. Appointment times were very prompt. The staff is very helpful and willing to answer questions

2014 - 2017, Successful
Amazing care through the good AND the bad times. Infertility can be an overwhelming mountain to climb, and we felt like they had our back and were standing behind us the entire time. Even through our first failed cycle, I felt better after my call from Dr. Scheiber and I was ready to try again.... My first IVF cycle failed, was on gonal f, menopur. The second time around we added in Lupron, and it worked and I have beautiful 14 month old boy/girl twins! And I am also now pregnant with a frozen embryo from their retrieval cycle.
The nursing staff at IRH is incredible. The care you receive in person or over the phone is one of kind. They treat you like you are one of their own, even when you ask the same question a million times. I have laughed with them and I have cried with them. They are phenomenal. My favorite nurse is Sarah, she will forever have a special place in my heart.... State of the art lab!! They are constantly doing upgrades and improvements. Truly the on the cutting edge of infertility treatment.
Feel free to ask or talk about anything. He is an open book!
He made us feel like we had a connection with him from day one. I was happy to be under his care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Sarah, among others)
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
8500 for IVF + about 4000 in meds 4500 for frozen cycle + about 1200 in meds (crinone is so expensive!!)
Yes, I was told if it was the top notch blast, we would transfer one. If the grade quality was a bit lower, we would transfer two. We transferred two.