Good

West Chester
7242 Tylers Corner
West Chester, OH 45069

2022, Successful
Dr. Scheiber was always very direct with us. This was our second clinic and we went into our first appointment looking for a second opinion. He was very thorough in his explanation of treatment options. He gave us several options to try moving forward and reassured me that there was still hope for me to conceive. He is super knowledgeable and experienced. We could not be more happy with our decision to switch to Dr. Scheiber.
The nursing staff at IRH are incredible! They are so knowledgeable and helpful when completing an IVF cycle...This is a larger clinic with several doctors. We personally liked the size of the clinic because it meant that they could schedule around what worked best for my cycle. They are open 7 days a week, and base everything off how you are responding. Every doctor we saw during our time at IRH was knowledge and we felt we could trust.
How was your experience with Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
It helps to be knowledgeable yourself of the different components of IVF, and different options you might have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Scheiber always used our names when speaking to us. He was kind and supportive at every office visit.
Describe the protocols Michael Scheiber used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
For my egg retrieval he used a combination of Follisitim and Menopur for stims. He chose the dosage based on my previous response to stimulation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Health.
The nursing staff at IRH are incredible! They are so knowledgeable and helpful when completing an IVF cycle. After every appointment we would meet with the nurse afterwards and she would go over all the details in depth and make sure that all our questions were answered before we left. They are also super responsive on the patient portal, and check messages 7 days a week.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Scheiber at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Total IVF cost (not including genetic testing) around $25,000.
2017 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr scheiber recommended us to do IVF after a few cycles for failed IVF, we should have listened...During IUI we had to ask for medicine changes or increases because we felt something was off. BUT he always listened and did what we asked...All Drs have been great. This practice shares a lot of patients. Every dr takes care of every patient...You may never see your "primary" dr. Between vacations, surgeries, transfers, working certain days at certain branches, we almost never seen our Dr....
All [nurses at Institute for Reproductive Health] were very friendly and compassionate...This clinic only does 1 embryo per transfer unless over 35, poor quality, or specific infertility issues. We had to ask for 2 embryos after 2 failed attempts...You may never see your "primary" dr. Between vacations, surgeries, transfers, working certain days at certain branches, we almost never seen our Dr...
Sometimes we didn't get good enough answers for why something was or wasn't done. Several times we had to advocate for things to be done. After 2 failed IVFs we had to ask for more testing to be done. We only had 4 embryos left and didn't want to waste them. During IUI we had to ask for medicine changes or increases because we felt something was off. BUT he always listened and did what we asked.
Do research about what you want to do. This way you can ask the questions you need to. Dr scheiber recommended us to do IVF after a few cycles for failed IVF, we should have listened
Our first IUI resulted in a pregnancy and live single birth. 2 years later and we can't get pregnant. We used clomid every time. Then we used the IVF hormone injections but stayed with IUI. That was supposed to increase chance for pregnancy. After 6 failures we moved to IVF. 3 cycles total. After 2nd failure we did more testing to which just showed unexplained infertility. Every failure meant higher doses of progesterone. Combining oral, vaginal, and shots. On third try we had to get them to agree to do 2 embryos. Resulting in a postive pregnancy with a set of twins
All were very friendly and compassionate
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
You may never see your "primary" dr. Between vacations, surgeries, transfers, working certain days at certain branches, we almost never seen our Dr. We seen all 5 Drs. Mostly o'leary who isn't there any more.
15k to do our egg retrieval and 1 transfer. Each additional transfer was 5k. This did not include mediation cost. IUI was around 2k each time, including medication and purchase of donor sperm.
Describe Michael Scheiber's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Health.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Each visit with Dr Scheiber was efficient, which was important to me because of the frequency of the visits. He was thorough with his explanations of what was happening on my ultrasounds and clear about the next step moving forward...when IUIs weren’t successful due to male factor we moved to IVF...I feel the thing that was most helpful to our success was ICSI performed after the retrieval. We were lucky enough for our first fresh transfer to be successful.
Easy to get appointments at the desired time [at Institute for Reproductive Health], short wait time for appointments, typically running on schedule, clear communication, experienced MDs. You do need to leave a message when they call and they will call you back, which is not always convenient but preferable than waiting on hold for a long time
Dr Schieber was always very welcoming during appointments, made sure my questions were answered
During IUIs we used letrozole and a trigger shot, when IUIs weren’t successful due to male factor we moved to IVF. We used a OCP/antagonist protocol with follistim, menopur, and cetrotide. I feel the thing that was most helpful to our success was ICSI performed after the retrieval. We were lucky enough for our first fresh transfer to be successful.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Easy to get appointments at the desired time, short wait time for appointments, typically running on schedule, clear communication, experienced MDs. You do need to leave a message when they call and they will call you back, which is not always convenient but preferable than waiting on hold for a long time
We had insurance coverage for fertility treatments, medication was out of pocket but with insurance prices were very reasonable

2018 - 2020, Successful
The only issue I ever had [at IRH] was I would have to leave a message and receive a call back from the nursing staff. Doctors and nurses were caring, intelligent and always answered my questions. They helped tremendously with getting insurance situations handled and prior approvals...We retrieved 18 eggs, 8 making it to day 5. We transferred a 2 AA blastocyst and this resulted in a pregnancy. We did not genetic testing.
We have been patients with IRH since October 2018. Dr. Scheiber always was kind, informative and allowed us to make decisions in our infertility journey. When we elected to move to IVF, it was straightforward with competent and kind staff. The nurses were amazing! They fought with me to get my medications covered via insurance because it was included in my plan. When we scheduled my retrieval, I was overwhelmed with emotions and the nurse allowed me to express all of them with her. I truly felt they cared about the results. Even when we suffered a miscarriage, the nurses and doctors were kind and compassionate.
Trust IRH. I did my own research but there were some details I was not told and I didn't think was necessary for me to know (such as how many follicles or what sizes) When I asked, the information was given. But I trusted the doctors and the process.
Dr. Scheiber was kind, hopeful and always believed we would be released with a successful, healthy pregnancy. All the doctors at IRH have treated me in this manner.
My husband has always had no fertility issues and great sperm analysis results. I have PCOS. We were relatively young (26/27 when we began) and healthy. I am considered overweight medically, so I tried to focus on healthy lifestyle and losing weight. This was supported by Dr. Scheiber, but he never made it a requirement. I lost 55 pounds when we started our IVF cycle. I was on Gonal F, Menopur, cetrotide with a trigger shot of ovidril and lupin. We retrieved 18 eggs, 8 making it to day 5. We transferred a 2 AA blastocyst and this resulted in a pregnancy. We did not genetic testing.
Amazing!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The only issue I ever had was I would have to leave a message and receive a call back from the nursing staff. Doctors and nurses were caring, intelligent and always answered my questions. They helped tremendously with getting insurance situations handled and prior approvals.
I had insurance coverage for most treatments, including medications. In my 3 years with IRH, I would estimate $3000-$6000.
We transferred one embryo due to age and recommendation.
Cincinnati

Dr. Schieber has great bed side manners and treats his patients really well...After our failed IUIs, he explained our different options and provided recommendations. He did not recommend any unnecessary procedures and we were satisfied with the step by step process we took to get to our current pregnancy..
Clinic staff [at Institute for Reproductive Health] is helpful when they return your voicemails but do not expect them to be available as soon as you call them. There is almost no guidance provided in terms of the different approvals needed for each step of the process. Prior Authorizations are needed for almost each step of the IVF process...Nursing staff was helpful in answering questions but the calling back system is very frustrating
Dr. Scheiber is very professional and treats his patients well. Our whole IVF process went very smoothly and without any hiccups. We were well informed through out the process. After our failed IUIs, he explained our different options and provided recommendations. He did not recommend any unnecessary procedures and we were satisfied with the step by step process we took to get to our current pregnancy. I wish we could get some answers for our infertility issues. We never got a clear indication for why or what was preventing us from getting pregnant. This is behind us now, but some diagnostics to identify the root cause would have been helpful. That being said, if we ever want to try again, we would be going back to Dr. Scheiber and use one of our 5 left over frozen eggs.
Do your research and be informed! Doctors at IRH are seeing a lot of patients and sometimes you need to do the legwork yourself and be aware of each step of the process. They may not tell you every single detail or probably don't have the time to do that, unless you ask very directed questions.
Dr. Schieber has great bed side manners and treats his patients really well. He answered any questions we had, through out the process and was able to produce results within 1 year of being at IRH. We were successful with our very first IVF and were satisfied with the results. We could never figure out what was wrong but in the end we are pregnant and that's what matters.
We didn't have a clear diagnosis for our infertility. But Dr. Schieber did find a polyp and we got that removed. We did 3 IUIs with Femara which were unsuccessful. Then we moved on to IVF with Menopur (1) and Follistim (125 IU) for about 8 days. They did 3 ultrasounds and blood tests. Towards the end, the dosage was adjusted to prevent OHSS. We ended up with 20 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized and 6 PGS normal embryos. We did a frozen transfer with our grade A embryo and were successful the first time.
Nursing staff was helpful in answering questions but the calling back system is very frustrating. You have to leave a voicemail and they get back to you when they can. Sometimes there were some urgent requests like - missed dosage, prior authorization requirement for a medicine, it was very hard to get to them for urgent needs.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Clinic staff is helpful when they return your voicemails but do not expect them to be available as soon as you call them. There is almost no guidance provided in terms of the different approvals needed for each step of the process. Prior Authorizations are needed for almost each step of the IVF process. You may not be able to proceed with your procedure without timely Prior Authorizations. We were delayed twice, once for retrieval and once for frozen transfer, because no one explains you these requirements. There was also some miscommunication on the Financial Advisor's side that prevented us from getting the authorization on time. Such delays can be avoided if there is more support staff available to answer questions immediately. The whole infertility process is very frustrating in itself and without immediate help, it adds to the frustration and desperation.
We probably paid about $8k out of pocket for all the procedures because we chose to do embryo biopsy and PGS testing. Rest was covered by the insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Our request for prior authorization for a medication was not submitted for a while despite multiple requests. We had to pay out of pocket for it since we couldn't go through the insurance.
2016 - 2020, Unsuccessful
I had Two iuis [with Dr. Scheiber] both failed using clomid 50 mg days 3-7 of period...I felt Like they could never get me in for my scheduled iuis within the 36 hour mark after my injection- I feel like that was part of the reason I didn’t conceive...never went over my husband sperm numbers/ counts to see if iuis were really worth the money. They never told me the size of my eggs or the quality. They never went over my boood work. I pretty Much asked all the questions that I read off google.
I never really saw them [the nurses at Institute for Reproductive Health] all they did was check me and and stand there while dr was doing his thing...I do Not like the fact that you have to leave a message to get a call back later that day. When I’m calling for something that is very sensitive the time I’m calling is a good time for me...I wish they would try to really get you in for an iui within the 36 hour mark. They have a sperm washing in the same building is which nice. Write down all the question you want to know and ask! They will not just share important information with you.
They never went over my husband sperm numbers/ counts to see if iuis were really worth the money. They never told me the size of my eggs or the quality. They never went over my boood work. I pretty Much asked all the questions that I read off google.
Make sure you ask questions, because they will not explain the next steps or what you want and need to hear.
I had My tubes flushed in 2016 (I think) they were good, I had My blood work taken in 2017 and 2018 and 2019 I had Two iuis both failed using clomid 50 mg days 3-7 of period. 2020 I started To take clomid but had to cancel my appointment for covid 19
I never really saw them all they did was check me and and stand there while dr was doing his thing. - I do Not like the fact that you have to leave a message to get a call back later that day. When I’m calling for something that is very sensitive the time I’m calling is a good time for me. I think They make enough money for someone to answer calls when they come in- when they call back I’m always around someone and don’t feel comfortable talking.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
They have an office in Florence which is helpful to me! I wish they would try to really get you in for an iui within the 36 hour mark. They have a sperm washing in the same building is which nice. Write down all the question you want to know and ask! They will not just share important information with you.
860 for iuis and 250 for sperm washing
I want Twins:) my family has five sets!
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
My main thing is them not answering the phone when I call In. Not giving me the information about my eggs and my husbands quality of sperm. I dont I had Either iui until 40 hours after shot.
Florence

I only had one embryo to transfer the second time. Because it failed two were transferred the second time and that resulted into a single pregnancy...Dr. Scheiber and the staff at IRH were very thorough and helpful when I had any questions. Every person I talked to during the entire process both times made sure I knew what was going on and what to do next and were always available to calm my anxieties.
The [Institute for Reproductive Health] nursing staff was very helpful and thorough. They answered all of my questions and always called me back the same day when I called with questions or concerns...I never had to wait past my appointment time and was saw early on most visits. They accommodated me with Saturday appointments when possible so that I could avoid missing work.
Dr. Scheiber and all of his partners were wonderful. All were very professional and thorough and answered all of my questions gladly. I would highly recommend all of the doctors at IRH. I have been trying to conceive for over 8 years with no luck until I became a patient at IRH. I drove over 200 miles one way to my appointments to see these physicians.
Have faith and do not get yourself too overwhelmed. The staff will provide verbal and written information and help you along the way.
The first cycle was standard IVF stimulating with Follistim and menopur and ganirelex for suppression along with Ovidrel trigger shot. Production of 9 eggs, 4 fertilized, and 1 grade A day 3 embryo. Fresh transfer and negative pregnancy test. Second cycle used ICSI. Stimulated with follistim and menopur and used Lupron for suppression as well as Ovidrel trigger shot. 9 eggs were collected, 7 mature, 3 fertilized, all day 3 grade B embryos. 2 embryos were transferred fresh and 1 embryo grew into a blastocyst and has been frozen for later use.
The nursing staff was very helpful and thorough. They answered all of my questions and always called me back the same day when I called with questions or concerns. They never hung up until after they asked if I had anymore questions and they ensured I knew what I was supposed to be doing and what was going on. They made the process much easier and less stressful.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I visited three of the four IRH clinics. All were clean and productive. I never had to wait past my appointment time and was saw early on most visits. They accommodated me with Saturday appointments when possible so that I could avoid missing work.
My first treatment was covered under a parental hope family grant. I only had to pay for my medication which was around $3000. The second ICSI round of treatment cost me $9800. IRH helped me with some of the medication cost and I was able to get my medications for around $1800 for the second round of treatment.
Cincinnati

I feel that Dr Scheiber has a great deal of experience and is very knowledgeable. He tends to be more on the business side with the right amount of compassion. He is very detailed and I felt as if he gave me all my options at each step and made sure I knew what would be happening.... Now that I have miscarriage twice, Dr Scheiber plans on doing more in depth testing to see if there is potentially something wrong with me.
The clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health- Cincinnati] is very organized and has great practices set into place. The atmosphere is updated and nice and everything is done on site so the experience is easy. They call back quickly and are great at making sure your feel comfortable. The wait times for appointments are pretty much non existent. They are always ready for me at my appointment time.
I would suggest to have a list of questions ready and now be afraid to ask all of them. Doctors are busy but don’t feel rushed. It’s your appointment.
Dr. Scheiber has always given me any information I needed and has always taken the time to listen and answer any questions or concerns I might have.
The reason my husband and I needed IVF was because of a failed vasectomy reversal and there was no signs that I had an fertility issues so our protocol was pretty simple. Low dosages and we were able to have a great egg retrieval. After the first fresh transfer I miscarried and knew of was semi normal for that to happen since we didn’t do any embryo testing. Now that I have miscarriage twice, Dr Scheiber plans on doing more in depth testing to see if there is potentially something wrong with me.
The nursing staff is amazing and knowledgeable. They take their time to answer any questions and return call quickly.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic is very organized and has great practices set into place. The atmosphere is updated and nice and everything is done on site so the experience is easy. They call back quickly and are great at making sure your feel comfortable. The wait times for appointments are pretty much non existent. They are always ready for me at my appointment time.
Ivf cycle with fresh transfer and medication roughly $14,000 (cash only) Frozen transfer with medication $5000 (cash only)
Cincinnati

During my initial consult he [Dr. Scheiber] was very thorough and detailed about our medical history and our plan. He can sometimes talk quickly leaving me with questions and not quite understanding everything. However, anytime this has happened I have had my questions answered promptly.... So far I have done three rounds of Femara, to help with follicle formulation and growth. From there I had follicle scans to determine when they were adequate size and mature enough to release the egg. After follicles were appropriate size I was given a trigger shit called Ovidrel to release the egg and cause me to ovulate.
They [Institute for Reproductive Health] are very thorough, professional, and personable. They give you price lists for treatment ahead of time so you are prepared. Never a long wait for appointments. I have not experienced any weaknesses that stick out at this time... Each IUI cycle has been approximately $1200 for me and then the cost of my husbands sperm washing which was $250... They have always been quick to return my calls, answer questions,
During my initial consult he was very thorough and detailed about our medical history and our plan. He can sometimes talk quickly leaving me with questions and not quite understanding everything. However, anytime this has happened I have had my questions answered promptly. I do feel that he is extremely knowledgeable and caring, especially in these situations.
Come prepared. Think of questions you may have and have any tests results or medical history available. This helps you get the most from your consult and future appointments.
He is very thorough but sometimes consults and appointments are quick and leave you with questions but he is always happy to deal with those if they arise.
So far I have done three rounds of Femara, to help with follicle formulation and growth. From there I had follicle scans to determine when they were adequate size and mature enough to release the egg. After follicles were appropriate size I was given a trigger shit called Ovidrel to release the egg and cause me to ovulate. Approximately 36 hours later I would go in to have my IUI. We started with IUI due to months of trying with timed intercourse and husbands low sperm account.
They have always been quick to return my calls, answer questions, and are very personable. Always pleasant and understanding.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
They are very thorough, professional, and personable. They give you price lists for treatment ahead of time so you are prepared. Never a long wait for appointments. I have not experienced any weaknesses that stick out at this time other than distance I have to travel but that is out of their control.
No comment at this time
Cincinnati

I would hear one thing from Dr. Scheiber and something different from the nurses - Which happened on multiple occasions....My biggest issue at the moment is my husband and I were thinking about if we should have genetic testing done. We don't want to keep transferring embryos if they're not good embryos.... We were told by Dr.Scheiber "There's no reason to test unless you have multiple failed transfers." Well we've had one fail and just started researching the idea of screening the other frozen embryos.
I feel like a number at IRH....a big freak out moment that could have been prevented was when I received my paperwork on my transfer day. There was a picture of my embryo that was transferred with the grading and my name on the form. But under "Date of birth" it stated a different date - not my birthday!... I call the clinic and the nurse tells me that's a default date of birth and to ignore it. My husband and I, as well as my parents, were so frustrated with this situation.
I feel as if IRH does not care to educate their patients or provide individualized information. They repeat the same responses over and over and don't seem to want to deviate from their "recommendation." If I don't come up with the question myself, there's no way the doctors, nurses, or billing will voluntarily give me any extra information I need or let me know what's going on with my body. I would hear one thing from Dr. Scheiber and something different from the nurses - Which happened on multiple occasions. I feel like since day one the lack of organization, incompetency, inconsistency in knowledge of anything in general (mostly from particular nurses) has been a negative experience. My biggest issue at the moment is my husband and I were thinking about if we should have genetic testing done. We don't want to keep transferring embryos if they're not good embryos. (I personally think this should be part of the IVF process in general, at least to transfer the best one's first, but that's just me.) Anyways, no one discussed the option of testing and the pros/cons of doing so during the IVF process and fresh transfer (yet we found out they advise testing on fresh rather than frozen). We were told by Dr.Scheiber "There's no reason to test unless you have multiple failed transfers." Well we've had one fail and just started researching the idea of screening the other frozen embryos. At my ultrasound on Monday, we asked what Dr.Scheiber thought about testing. He said, the same as before, "let's wait." Well, we called the day after my ultrasound and left a voicemail. A nurse called us back and said, "We don't do genetic testing on frozen embryos." I cannot believe they're just now telling me this. I've asked about testing my embryos multiple times and no mention of this. After a frustrating conversation, she got off the phone, talked to Dr.Scheiber and called me back saying, "Well, we can test them, but it's not advised." Moral of this particular story and situation is the inconsistent information from doctor to patient, to nurse to patient, and so on. This is a huge deal. Testing embryos is a newer procedure, so if that decision should've been made earlier on, they need to make sure that's a heavy conversation and discuss the options with their patients. Last week I spoke to the nurse manager and her answer to a question about my period was, "Well, that's like looking into a crystal ball." Are you kidding me? That's how an infertility clinic is talking to patients? It's already an emotional time, they are supposed to be the experts and professionals. Compassionate and knowledgeable. I'm having a very hard time processing my present situation. This grant could help me start my journey at a new facility and I would be over the moon to receive such a gift.
I would advise a new patient to ask him as many questions as possible and do not leave the appointment until he's answered everything as clear as possible and in as much detail as you need. Also, write everything down!
I feel like a number at IRH. Not necessarily or specifically from Dr. Scheiber, but from everyone as a whole. I feel rushed throughout my ultrasounds and doctor's visits. No one truly understands how they need to treat patients in that field at this institute.
I was on birth control for a couple weeks to stop my ovulation, then moved on to my injections to stimulate my ovaries, follicles and eggs. I was on Gonal-F 175 and Menopur 1 vial for 10 days. I added Cetrotide halfway through that, and my trigger shot Oviderel 26 hours or so before my egg retrieval. I didn't have to increase or decrease my dosages and my hormone levels adjusted as they were supposed to. We retrieved 17 eggs, 13 fertilized, 8 developed into embryos. I started vaginal progesterone supplements 3 times/day on the day of my egg retrieval. My fresh transfer was on day 5 blastocysts. I transferred 1 blast but received a negative pregnancy test two weeks later. Fast forward a couple months and I'm now scheduled for a frozen embryo transfer in two weeks! I'm on estrogen 3 times a day and I start Progesterone again 6 days before my FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Penny)
I included this information in previous answers.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Weaknesses: Organization skills (Outdated paperwork and forms), Statistical knowledge for individual's situations, Compassion Strengths: Doctors are professional, Nurse Katie is amazing, Institute's stats are high
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Ultrasounds ran smoothly. I was always able to get in and out.
We've gone through IVF with ICSI and have a FET scheduled and we've spent around $15,000.
Dr.Scheiber and every other doctor at IRH recommends and highly suggests 1 single embryo transfer for patients first and second transfer. I thought about transferring 2 on my first fresh transfer, but then decided to go with 1. I believe they allow it, but you must sign consent forms. I'm 75% sure I'm going to transfer 2 on my next transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Aside from information I've already provided, a big freak out moment that could have been prevented was when I received my paperwork on my transfer day. There was a picture of my embryo that was transferred with the grading and my name on the form. But under "Date of birth" it stated a different date - not my birthday! So I start crying and freaking out, thinking I have someone else's embryo inside of of me. I call the clinic and the nurse tells me that's a default date of birth and to ignore it. My husband and I, as well as my parents, were so frustrated with this situation. The nurse had an attitude on the phone, like this was a silly question of mine. That was an extremely scary moment! Why have "Date of birth" on your important embryo doctor's statement if they are not going to have the patients birthday on there?!? Wow.
Cincinnati

I only had two embryos from this fresh cycle [with Dr. Scheiber and I had two failed transfers previously so he recommended that we transfer both to increase our chances...I feel like the retrieval caught me off guard because it was a light twilight sedation so I was awake during the surgery. I was never awake with my 3 previous retrievals at another RE so I was not expecting this. I was not informed beforehand that I would be awake. It was not pleasant. Transfer went smoothly. When I got the negative BETA I feel like the news was said to me in a gentle manner.
I felt like the clinic [IRH] had our best interest at heart. I did not feel rushed in the appointments and they answered our questions thoroughly. They showed sincerity and empathy for what I have been through on this journey...I primarily dealt with Katie [nurse] and I loved her. She was very sweet and quick to respond to my emails and phone calls. IRH does NOT use a patient portal although Katie told me they were working on that and I still didnt feel a lack in communication there.
I felt that he was thorough when discussing my protocol and I understood everything. I feel like the retrieval caught me off guard because it was a light twilight sedation so I was awake during the surgery. I was never awake with my 3 previous retrievals at another RE so I was not expecting this. I was not informed beforehand that I would be awake. It was not pleasant. Transfer went smoothly. When I got the negative BETA I feel like the news was said to me in a gentle manner.
Same with all doctors and that is to ask a LOT of questions!
I felt like the clinic had our best interest at heart. I did not feel rushed in the appointments and they answered our questions thoroughly. They showed sincerity and empathy for what I have been through on this journey.
We prepped with birth control and lupron beforehand to suppress everything before I started. I am a high responder so he chose to use a menopur only cycle 225iu per night. We continued lupron though stims to prevent ovulation. For transfer only crinone vaginal cream twice daily.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
I primarily dealt with Katie and I loved her. She was very sweet and quick to respond to my emails and phone calls. IRH does NOT use a patient portal although Katie told me they were working on that and I still didnt feel a lack in communication there.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I think the clinic is wonderful. I feel like I was treated as a human being. I think they have great pricing in comparison to most of the clinics in this area. They truly want you to have success. I feel like they care more about you than their profit. I had no issues with billing or the nurse staff. The lab they work with Ovation is good too and treated my husband well for his analysis. The only thing I did not care for was the fact that they didn't notify me that I would be awake for egg retrieval. They don't use an anesthesiologist and the nurse administers your anesthesia. This wasn't how things were done at my previous clinic so I was taken off guard on retrieval day.
8200 self pay for IVF cycle which included a fresh transfer PGS, ICSI, FET was additional
I only had two embryos from this fresh cycle and I had two failed transfers previously so he recommended that we transfer both to increase our chances.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
The main thing I had go wrong was that no one bothered to inform me that I would be awake during retrieval. I wasn't mentally prepared to be awake for that and to feel the pain that I felt during the surgery. I felt blindsided but they did apologize to me afterwards.
Cincinnati

Michael Scheiber was an extremely upbeat and friendly guy. His knowledge made me feel extremely comfortable through the process from multiple check ups, egg retrieval all the way to the transfer. I always left the office knowing I was in good hands. ... We chose a 5 day embryo through PGS for transfer ... During every appointment, he would refer to my husband and I by our first name as if he knew us. He has an extremely friendly and compassionate demeanor
Better schedule/ timeline of events. I always wanted to know what was next and had a calendar of my own. The amount of paperwork was daunting. I know there is no way around it, but better communication [from Institute for Repro Health] of what was needed when so my husband and I could have been better prepared! ... There was a line to leave the nursing staff a message. I would call with anything- concerns etc. they would always call back in a timely manner knowing my full history.
There is a lot of paperwork! Always check in to see if you have everything signed. Medicine is expensive and on-going. Be prepared if pregnant to order endometrin and estradiol multiple times. Best through an online pharmacy!
Period Day 1: Tuesday, June 11th Start Birth Control: Thursday, June 13th -Spotting on Sunday, June 16th Preliminary Doctor’s Appointment to see how B.C. Is working: Wednesday, June 26th. He said everything looked great and that I would produce multiple eggs due to PCOS -Stop Birth Control July 3 -July 4, July 5 and July 6 no birth control. Very crampy and spotty especially on the last day -Start Follistim and Menopur July 7th. 125 of the follistim and 1 vial of Manipur -Mid Medication Follow Up July 10th at 3:45pm. Follicles progressing good. Start to take Ganirelix on Thursday. Lower Follistim dosage on Friday. -Follow Up July 13th at 10:00am: left side follicles are growing slower. Right side is on track. Next appointment scheduled for Monday. Predicted egg retrieval for Friday, July 19th. -Follow Up Follow Up July 15th at 8:45am. Had to purchase another gani. -Egg Retrieval day. Took vicodin at 7:15am. I arrived at IRH at 7:45am and they took me back on the bed. Pumped fluids through my hand since they couldn’t find a vein. Antibiotics and a relaxant medicine. A window behind the light with a person behind it. Dr. Scheiber recited my name to the nurses in the room and what they were here for. I felt everything that the doctor did but it was quick. Wheeled me back. Was in so much pain. Nurse Melissa told me they retrieved 17 eggs. -Saturday, 8:20am, nurse called and told me all 17 of my eggs were mature and out of that 12 fertilized -Thursday the 25th at 12:06pm nurse called me to tell me I had 6 Day 5/ Day 6 embryos -Started my period Saturday evening 27th/ 28th Sunday morning. Left nurse voicemail Saturday evening. Nurse called Sunday morning. Scheduled lining check on August 8th. Tentative transfer on 16th. Take estradiol 3 times a day -Wednesday 31st institute in Nashville called to say they received the samples and it will take 5 to 7 days for biopsy results -Appointment on August 8th- all embryos normal and healthy. 5 boys, 1 girl -August 16th transfer date
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Better schedule/ timeline of events. I always wanted to know what was next and had a calendar of my own. The amount of paperwork was daunting. I know there is no way around it, but better communication of what was needed when so my husband and I could have been better prepared!
$16,235 for IVF with PGD. Medications and Biopsy costs were separate
No comment. We chose a 5 day embryo through PGS for transfer
Cincinnati

We had a good experience with him [Dr. Scheiber], despite the outcome. He was Frank, but sensitive in his delivery of any kind of news of a setback. Looking back, something I'd change was a better discussion of my diagnosis, like my actual chances of conception with my own eggs. We have have been able to make potential egg donor decisions sooner then. ... We used a wide variety of pills, injectables, and inserts for my 10 IUIs to see if my ovaries would respond any better to various combinations.
We were really impressed with all parts of our experience with the clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] itself. Great location, wonderful professional staff and a team of 4 doctors I came to trust over the almost 2 years we sought treatment there. ... These [nurses] were a fantastic team of ladies. Compassionate, thorough, organized. The communication was fabulous as well. Low wait times at the clinic. It was enjoyable to come here for treatment despite our circumstances.
We had a good experience with him, despite the outcome. He was Frank, but sensitive in his delivery of any kind of news of a setback. Looking back, something I'd change was a better discussion of my diagnosis, like my actual chances of conception with my own eggs. We have have been able to make potential egg donor decisions sooner then.
Have your questions organized and ready beforehand.
Had a great experience with him even without success so far. Good bedside manner and ready to answer questions at will.
We used a wide variety of pills, injectables, and inserts for my 10 IUIs to see if my ovaries would respond any better to various combinations. It seems I'd get a positive result and short lived pregnancy (or in one case a chemical) on the first try after the combination of drugs was changed and then negatives after that. I never produced more than a few mature looking follicles after all the stims and had to convert an IVF cycle to IUI at one point.
These were a fantastic team of ladies. Compassionate, thorough, organized. The communication was fabulous as well. Low wait times at the clinic. It was enjoyable to come here for treatment despite our circumstances.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
We were really impressed with all parts of our experience with the clinic itself. Great location, wonderful professional staff and a team of 4 doctors I came to trust over the almost 2 years we sought treatment there.
We were in the range of 7-8k for everything over the course of almost 2 years, not including medication. Our costs remained lower since we were only doing rounds of IUI.
We never got this far unfortunately, although doctor did recommend one embryo at a time in order to eliminate health issues with multiples.
Cincinnati
At my first appointment with Dr. Scheiber we sat down and he listened to my husband and I talk about the doctors we have been to, the miscarriages we have went through, the joy of finding out we were pregnant with our daughter, our pleads to help us conceive again, every emotion we were feeling he listened to. Dr. Scheiber wasn't in a rush to get to his next appointment, he really listened to us and helped us to feel better about the next stages for us to be able to conceive again. Doctor Nps
The nursing staff [at IRH] is great! Everytime I call with questions or concerns they always call me back quickly. They have communicated with the doctor when I had concerns that needed addressed...Everyone here has been very welcoming and warm to us. Their greatest strength has been communication. They are quick to return phone calls, or answer any questions you may have. The only weakness that I have experienced so far is that the location is a little busy. I drive over an hour to get there, and it is in a very busy area so plan for extra time if traveling from a distance.
Dr. Scheiber has been a great doctor for us! Before coming to Dr. Scheiber we had honestly almost given up on being able to have another child. We will be starting IVF with Dr. Scheiber next week, and though we know there isn't a guarantee that everything will work out, he has taught us that we have so many options and different ways for us to be able to have another child.
I will be starting IVF next week so I haven't started injections yet. Dr. Scheiber has had me taking birth control until my baseline appointment because I have PCOS, the birth control is being used to shrink any follicles before starting the injections.
The nursing staff is great! Everytime I call with questions or concerns they always call me back quickly. They have communicated with the doctor when I had concerns that needed addressed.
Cincinnati

Due to multiple miscarriages, Factor V with Leiden and only one tube, he [Dr. Scheiber] determined IVF with genetic testing will be the best path for us to take. Genetic testing can help give insight into the embryo and hopefully give a better success with me. We will start with injectables to get my eggs ready for retrieval and go from there. ... He took the time to really look over my past treatments and every aspect of my medical history to see what our best plan of action will be.
The clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] feels very welcoming and is set up nicely. You have everything you need right in the office. They have a billing area as well so that you can get cycle estimates and check for any coverage if possible. They were very helpful in getting everything set up. ... They kept me informed about all of my lab results and would call back promptly. Any questions I had they immediately were willing to answer and help with whatever I needed.
I felt very comfortable going into treatment with a new physican. He had already looked over all of my medical history and prior treatments. He already had a plan mapped out of what we needed to do and the time frame we were looking at. He explained everything in great detail. Me and my husband felt very informed about my care after our visit.
Listen to what he has to say! He is very knowledgeable and will do whatever he can to help achieve your dreams!
Due to multiple miscarriages, Factor V with Leiden and only one tube, he determined IVF with genetic testing will be the best path for us to take. Genetic testing can help give insight into the embryo and hopefully give a better success with me. We will start with injectables to get my eggs ready for retrieval and go from there.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic feels very welcoming and is set up nicely. You have everything you need right in the office. They have a billing area as well so that you can get cycle estimates and check for any coverage if possible. They were very helpful in getting everything set up.
15,900 for IVF genetic cycle. Not sure about mediations yet.
2019, Consult
They [staff at Institute for Reproductive Health] were very friendly and answered any questions I had. I wasn’t in the waiting room very long so they were very efficient. Even though they were efficient, they were always willing to stop what they were doing to help...All [nurses]were very helpful, explained everything thoroughly. Very nice...I went in to [Dr. Scheiber's] office expecting the worst, he explained to me that I had a chance. He was very kind and took the time to listen to me and was genuinely concerned and there to help. I left that day crying because of good news...He was very pleasant and made you feel like he already knew you. He reviewed my pictures from previous surgeries and gave me his opinion. He took the time to talk with me about concerns I had, explained the process in detail and I left there that day feeling hopeful, and my mind at ease...I was told I had a slim chance of getting my own eggs and he reassured me that it could be done. I had to put a hold on the process because it is very expensive but with my low ovarian reserve he told me I needed to do it very soon. I’m trying.
Ask anything, there isn’t a stupid question and he will do his best to answer. And have faith!
I went in to his office expecting the worst, he explained to me that I had a chance. He was very kind and took the time to listen to me and was genuinely concerned and there to help. I left that day crying because of good news.
I did an initial consult with him. I was told I had a slim chance of getting my own eggs and he reassured me that it could be done. I had to put a hold on the process because it is very expensive but with my low ovarian reserve he told me I needed to do it very soon. I’m trying.
All were very helpful, explained everything thoroughly. Very nice.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
They were very friendly and answered any questions I had. I wasn’t in the waiting room very long so they were very efficient. Even though they were efficient, they were always willing to stop what they were doing to help.
Ultrasound was around $400 after insurance and bloodwork was $75 after insurance.
I haven’t went through the process yet.
West Chester
Dr. Scheiber is very patient and always hear what are our expectations and he is very straight forward. He has very good bedside manner and always answered all of our questions...Please prepare questions you are going to ask Scheiber before the appointment itself...Whether we have a baby or not, i would definitely say he is the best doctor i have seen and will continue to see until i get pregnant.
The [Institute for Reproductive Health] nursing staff communicate each and every step of the treatment very well...They follow strict rules and regulations which i really like a lot. The same clinic has three other doctors whom i have occasionally seen in my appointments as they are very busy in the normal workdays. All the doctors are very nice and has good bedside manners.
I honestly do not have any cons to mention here. Please see Dr. Schieber if you have any fertility issues. He will work with you in your best interest.I have worked with IVF Sara, Nikki. Both are very approachable and always answer all my questions. They had delivered the news of me not pregnant in the first try also gently. I am a practical and logical person. I do a lot of research before selecting hospitals as we have been trying to get pregnant for the past 5.5 years. Its a long road and i know its a tough one as well. But i know there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Dr. Schieber is very patient and always hear what are our expectations and he is very straight forward. He has very good bedside manner and always answered all of our questions. Whether we have a baby or not, i would definitely say he is the best doctor i have seen and will continue to see until i get pregnant.
I dont remember specific details. He is doing his best and i believe in my doctor.
The nursing staff communicate each and every step of the treatment very well.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic is very neat and clean. I have to travel 45 mins to the clinic so they always give us the early appointments. It took us a little bit of time in the beginning to find the clinic and now its really easy. They follow strict rules and regulations which i really like a lot. The same clinic has three other doctors whom i have occasionally seen in my appointments as they are very busy in the normal workdays. All the doctors are very nice and has good bedside manners.
I do not remember any specifics
Florence
[Dr. Michael Scheiber] was very compassionate, he told us every option and the statistics of every option and let us make our own informed decision. We were attempting to speed our process due to insurance and he made sure we could move things right along...He made sure our testing had been expedited and was very thorough...We were given the benefits and risks of eSET as well as multiple transfer and allowed to make the decision for ourselves
The clinic [at Institute for Reproductive Health] was very easy to find, clean, and modern. The waiting area was beautiful with a very nice view and the rooms were all very well maintained. All of the areas of this clinic were very well organized and maintained...The total cost was going the be around 17,000...We were given the benefits and risks of eSET as well as multiple transfer and allowed to make the decision for ourselves...The nursing staff were quick and efficient, they were very compassionate and warm
He was very compassionate, he told us every option and the statistics of every option and let us make our own informed decision. We were attempting to speed our process due to insurance and he made sure we could move things right along. Unfortunately our insurance still did not cover and we were left waiting once again. He was very understanding and compassionate about our situation. He made sure our testing had been expedited and was very thorough.
I would advise anyone to go there as he and the other doctors in the clinic are very accommodating to your specific needs.
Dr. Sheiber really took the time to sit down with us and weigh all of our options he was very honest about our situation and very compassionate.
The nursing staff were quick and efficient, they were very compassionate and warm.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic was very easy to find, clean, and modern. The waiting area was beautiful with a very nice view and the rooms were all very well maintained. All of the areas of this clinic were very well organized and maintained.
The total cost was going the be around 17,000.

2014 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Scheiber is always extremely respectful and very thorough with his explanations. Takes his time and never makes you feel rushed... He explains things in a way that is easy to understand and cares about what he does...My injections have been adjusted as needed and I have always been kept in the loop...[he] is direct, but compassionate.
[nurse of Institute for Reproductive Health] She truly cares about her patients and wants the best for you...I have always been seen in a timely fashion and treated wonderfully... clinic is extremely clean, organized and everyone works as a team...Dr. Scheiber always makes you feel appreciated and never rushed. He explains things in a way that is easy to understand and cares about what he does...
I have always felt as though I am cared about as a patient and have always been treated with respect. Dr. Scheiber always makes you feel appreciated and never rushed. He explains things in a way that is easy to understand and cares about what he does.
Dr. Scheiber is direct, but compassionate.
Penny is the best around! She truly cares about her patients and wants the best for you.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic is extremely clean, organized and everyone works as a team. I have come here for years and the staff does not have a big turnover. You can tell that everyone truly loves their job. I have always been seen in a timely fashion and treated wonderfully. I would highly recommend IRH to anyone.
It’s expensive but that is not specific to this clinic - IVF is expensive in general.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Treatment plans never changed [with Dr. Michael Scheiber], nor were any further tests recommended after several failed transfers. The only solution seemed to be to throw another complete round of donor egg ivf at us....For frozen embryo transfers 1-3, estrace was started at day 1, 3X per day. Progesterone was started 5 days before transfer. 1 early loss and 2 negatives. FET 4 was a “natural cycle” with with follicle monitoring. Once follicle was big enough, we did the trigger shot to release the egg. FET was then a week later. Progesterone was started 5 days before the transfer. Transfer resulted in a negative beta.
The clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] is very clean and professional. The front desk person was always friendly and helpful! The donor coordinator was so helpful during the whole process, making me feel very comfortable. The main drawback was feeling like a number in the clinic without getting any further testing that was requested.... The nurses were very knowledgeable and answered questions very thoroughly.
Appointments always felt very rushed. If I had questions during the appointment, he didn’t answer, but referred me to the nursing staff. When asking for further testing after an early loss, I felt treated as a child asking for a second piece of cake. Treatment plans never changed, nor were any further tests recommended after several failed transfers. The only solution seemed to be to throw another complete round of donor egg ivf at us.
Be very knowledgeable about treatment options and advocate for yourself! Be very blunt in asking for answers to any questions you may have!
explanations of treatments were never given. Monitoring visits were always very rushed, and when I asked questions during he would refer me to the nursing staff as if he couldn’t be bothered to answer.
The nurses were very knowledgeable and answered questions very thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic is very clean and professional. The front desk person was always friendly and helpful! The donor coordinator was so helpful during the whole process, making me feel very comfortable. The main drawback was feeling like a number in the clinic without getting any further testing that was requested.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Medications were not ordered in a timely manner

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Michael Scheiber] seems to share in our frustration that the process isn't working and we don't know why. He's also been very upfront with his recommendations. I really appreciate that he also gives levels of treatment. Everything from "the gold standard" to something a little less expensive but he still fully backs. Also - he understands my need to try to do every little thing to try to help the process along - so he was ready with recommendations for acupuncturists and supplements. I always feel like he's one step ahead.
I think that Dr. Scheiber is really a great doctor. There isn't much negative to say at all. He seems to share in our frustration that the process isn't working and we don't know why. He's also been very upfront with his recommendations. I really appreciate that he also gives levels of treatment. Everything from "the gold standard" to something a little less expensive but he still fully backs. Also - he understands my need to try to do every little thing to try to help the process along - so he was ready with recommendations for acupuncturists and supplements. I always feel like he's one step ahead.
Ask a LOT of questions and don't be worried if you think your question is stupid. He's had almost every question asked before and there isn't anything stupid you can ask. He is VERY patient and will say the same thing a few times if you need that.
Dr. Scheiber is really a fantastic doctor. He's incredibly kind, thoughtful, and careful with his exams and through the whole process. He somehow always remembers past conversations, and manages to smile and be encouraging even when things aren't going our way. He's also really great at giving you the full picture. He will tell you fairly clearly if there is a treatment that he doesn't like, or doesn't think you need.
This cycle is fairly similar to all my other cycles. He started me off with 14ish days of birth control ( to get control of the cycle), then a baseline scan, Then a few days of just gonal-f ( 200 units) and Menopur (one vial). After my second scan, cetrotide was added. I've had a couple scans since the addition of my cetrotide, and my gonal-f was bumped to 250 to try to encourage a bit more growth. I'm taking ovidrel for my trigger shot
The nurses at IRH are wonderful! They fully take the time to answer questions, or just listen to you talk if you need to. They are all on your team so much and it really shows
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
IRH is a great clinic with an excellent success rate! The offices are beautiful, clean, and very comfortable. The equipment also seems to be very up to date. The biggest negative about IRH is that when you call the IVF nurse line, you have to leave a message and wait for a call back. I understand that the volume of people they serve is huge and its impossible for them to take all the calls as they come in, but its VERY frustrating to have to wait for a call back for EVERY question. It would be nice if they could also provide an email or online chat for quick questions or verification.
I know the cost of medicine for my full ivf cycle is around $4,000. I don't remember the exact cost of the procedure as they are now covered by insurance. But I believe around $15,000
Usually Dr. Scheiber only does single embryo at a time. Mostly this is because a singleton pregnancy has fewer complications then multiples. If you are older or - like me- have had several unsuccessful cycles and/or chemical pregnancies etc...there is a case to be made for doing multiple. It seems like he's trying to make sure that as far as can be controlled - everything is smooth as can be
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Scheiber] is a wonderful doctor and person. I don't think the reason we have been unsuccessful is his fault. I wish we hadn't rushed into IVF, but he did feel that my age was a bigger factor than I feel it is. He is warm and caring but he is very by the book and often hesitates to change protocols. But he knows what he is doing. He has been in the business a very long time.... We started out with Letrozole, which I did respond to, but I was not conceiving. We moved onto Letrozole with Trigger Shot and IUI, and I still was not successful. I took a break for a few months and then did IVF.
The clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] is very nice. They have a few satellite offices that really help since Greater Cincinnati is so big. They have recently added a nurse practitioner who is able to help with some appointments which makes wait times better and scheduling easier. I know they often have support group nights but I have never attended.... My appointments were scheduled within the monitoring window and it worked out well.
He is a wonderful doctor and person. I don't think the reason we have been unsuccessful is his fault. I wish we hadn't rushed into IVF, but he did feel that my age was a bigger factor than I feel it is. He is warm and caring but he is very by the book and often hesitates to change protocols. But he knows what he is doing. He has been in the business a very long time.
Understand that he is a human doctor, not god. He has limitations and nothing is guaranteed. Know that he is always willing to sit down and talk to you, just make sure you call and schedule the time for the sake of his time and yours.
Most of the time I completely felt like a human but there were a few times that it was so busy that I could tell I was being rushed through.
We started out with Letrozole, which I did respond to, but I was not conceiving. We moved onto Letrozole with Trigger Shot and IUI, and I still was not successful. I took a break for a few months and then did IVF. We did this because I was approaching age 35. 8 eggs were retrieved and we ended up with 3 embryos. My first transfer was fresh and it ended in a Chemical Pregnancy. I took a break for several months before I transferred a frozen embryo but that failed. Right now we are just waiting before we do anything else because of finances.
They were always very warm and caring. They work very hard. Sometimes it would take awhile to hear back but that is only because they are busy with their patients in the office too.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic is very nice. They have a few satellite offices that really help since Greater Cincinnati is so big. They have recently added a nurse practitioner who is able to help with some appointments which makes wait times better and scheduling easier. I know they often have support group nights but I have never attended. My biggest suggestion would be for them to have an actual counselor on site who is able to help couples mentally and emotionally prepare. It is by far the scariest and hardest thing I ever had to go through and I felt like I was just winging it so much of the time. Someone like this or even information on resources that people can reach out to on their own would be a giant help. All of the doctors are really great. I can't speak for any other clinics, but overall I have been very happy with Dr. Scheiber and IRH. We are just still waiting for our happy ending. Sadly, a lot of times things just come down to finances and that is just a sad fact of life in this country.
Pretty efficient. I definitely never waited in line or anything like that. My appointments were scheduled within the monitoring window and it worked out well.
I know our insurance helped cover our inseminations, so I can't remember the cost of those. I believe our fresh IVF cycle was $9000 and my frozen cycle was $4500, not including meds.
Dr. Scheiber always let me choose. He is very pro eSET, which makes a lot of sense. Financially, I see why people often transfer more than 1, but eSET is the safest option for the health of the babies should you conceive so that is what we always did.
2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr. scheiber helped me understand fully everything that would be done and was so positive through our entire process. He never once made me feel like our IVF wasn’t going to work. He was always very upfront and honest but also caring and helpful at the same time.... I was on stims like most and our first cycle was cancelled because I had one follicle taking over on one side. He cancelled and started a new protocol that worked better for me. We ended up with 6 eggs and 3 fertilized. The first two were transferred and we were pregnant but miscarried and the last egg was put in from frozen and we became pregnant again. She is 3 years old and the best blessing ever!
I have to say this clinic [IRH-Cincinnati] is great so no negatives to note. Very professional and courtesy as well as caring staff. They always make you feel welcome and have never made us feel unwelcome or a bother to them.... Nursing staff had always been pleasant to work with. They are compassionate and always get back to you in a timely manner.... For self pay we paid around $20,000 in 2014 with meds and all. This included a failed cycle and a full IVF cycle then our last egg was frozen which resulted in a baby girl. We now have insurance and it’s nice that they have a global with our insurance because that helps a lot!
He’s the best! There isn’t anyone better! We made the mistake of seeing another RE (because we thought it would be cheaper) and have since went back to him!
Dr. Scheiber always put my feelings first and was very understanding with my problems and what I was going through. He is a very caring doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I have to say this clinic is great so no negatives to note. Very professional and courtesy as well as caring staff. They always make you feel welcome and have never made us feel unwelcome or a bother to them.
I agree with whatever he thinks is the best.
Cincinnati
His [Dr. Michael Scheiber] knowledge would be his strength. He has been doing this for awhile. He was not very warm and inviting for being in this line of practice. There was not much talking or communication during visits. He appeared to be very busy so would get in do what needed to be done and leave. After being unsuccessful with IUI and having to meet with him about the next steps I felt like he did not provide enough information on all of our options and was purposely leading us towards IVF.
The clinic’s [Institute for Reproductive Health- CIncinnati] staff was very good. It takes a day or so for them to reach out to you for the first appointment and if you want a certain doctor you could wait awhile to be seen. Otherwise, very responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable... Office visit 125.00 Ultrasound 225.00 Blood draw 10.00 Follicle puncture/Oocyte retrieval 1,500.00 Oocyte identification 2,300.00 Oocyte Insemination 2,000.00 Embryo culture 3,200.00 Embryo transfer lab fees 2,400.00
His knowledge would be his strength. He has been doing this for awhile. He was not very warm and inviting for being in this line of practice. There was not much talking or communication during visits. He appeared to be very busy so would get in do what needed to be done and leave. After being unsuccessful with IUI and having to meet with him about the next steps I felt like he did not provide enough information on all of our options and was purposely leading us towards IVF.
Ask lots of questions and research yourself on treatment options
They we were talked to
We started with oral medication. 4x no results Then IUI 4x No results Then IVF 1st cycle with Birth control, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Ovidrel and Endometrin 2 embryos transferred Chemical pregnancy 2nd IVF cycle but with ICSI same medications 1 embryo transferred had a child in February 2017
The nursing staff was very friendly. The nurses always asked how you were doing and made you feel comfortable. They answered all questions that I asked of them.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic’s staff was very good. It takes a day or so for them to reach out to you for the first appointment and if you want a certain doctor you could wait awhile to be seen. Otherwise, very responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable
They had a preference of doing only 2 at the most per transfer. The second time only one was transferred at our preference.
Cincinnati
Dr. Scheiber remembered specific details about our case. He personally called back when I would call to leave a message...He took the time to explain everything in ways we could understand. He listened patiently while we spoke. I felt comfortable talking with him and he made sure we covered every question on my list before ending our visit. He didn’t rush through any ultrasound, consult, phone conversation. The ONLY thing that frustrated me was that I didn’t see Dr. Scheiber throughout my entire IVF cycle. His partnering doctors would sometimes do my ultrasounds, egg retrieval, etc.
The nurses [at IRH[ were absolutely wonderful. I fell in love with many of them. They were the last people you saw before leaving the clinic and there were many times I had to stop at the checkout desk and just cry. They were compassionate, helpful, empathetic and truly became my friends along the way...My total cost for our IVF cycle was $9300. That included ICSI...The clinic is big, beautiful, and my favorite part was that it was filled with positive affirmations. There were quotes on the walls, bible verses strategically placed. The decor was subtle and calming. No weaknesses about the clinic. I was a patient and 3 fertility clinics and this one was by far the nicest.
Dr. Scheiber was extremely informative and detailed. He took the time to explain everything in ways we could understand. He listened patiently while we spoke. I felt comfortable talking with him and he made sure we covered every question on my list before ending our visit. He didn’t rush through any ultrasound, consult, phone conversation. The ONLY thing that frustrated me was that I didn’t see Dr. Scheiber throughout my entire IVF cycle. His partnering doctors would sometimes do my ultrasounds, egg retrieval, etc.
Show up with a list of all of your questions. He will answer them all.
For my IVF cycle, I was on 5 weeks of birth control (the long length of time was due to an ovarian cyst we were waiting to dissolve). My stimulation protocol required 300mg Follistim, 75mg Menopur, and 1 syringe of Ganirelix beginning on day 5. The results didn’t yield exactly what we had hoped. I was on stims for 11 days, and they retrieved 3 eggs. After my egg retrieval I began 300mg of Endometrin daily.
The nurses were absolutely wonderful. I fell in love with many of them. They were the last people you saw before leaving the clinic and there were many times I had to stop at the checkout desk and just cry. They were compassionate, helpful, empathetic and truly became my friends along the way. I couldn’t have made it through this without the nurses. They were wonderful.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
My total cost for our IVF cycle was $9300. That included ICSI. Our medication was ordered through MDR pharmacy and the total for that was $2800. Our consultation with Dr. Scheiber was $166.
Dr. Scheiber put both of my 2 embryos back in on day 2. They were healthy but given the fact that I only had 2, Dr. Scheiber said they were better off in me than in a lab. This gave us a higher chance of blastocysts.