Medical SchoolU. of Med and Bio
King of Prussia
210 Mall Blvd. Suite 202
King of Prussia, PA 19406
215-887-2010
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Sobel to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Abington Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2014 - 2018
[Dr. Sobel] Answered any and all questions we had. Was sensitive towards our emotions - speaking calmly and caringly... Incredibly knowledgeable, yet able to simplify the explanations to our understanding...He truly cared about us as a couple - got to know our passions and dreams. He knew what our goals were with fertility treatment and respected them, while also being honest if needing to change the course up.
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
He truly cared about us as a couple - got to know our passions and dreams. He knew what our goals were with fertility treatment and respected them, while also being honest if needing to change the course up. He was sensitive to our hurts/pains through this emotional journey. Incredibly knowledgeable, yet able to simplify the explanations to our understanding. We are so thankful for him and our care!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Go see him! Truly! Also, don't be afraid to ask questions - he'll answer and take time with you!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Michael Sobel used in your cycles at Abington Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Because our insurance covered the testing portion of our fertility treatment, he made sure to cover all the bases. We did blood work for both my husband and myself, multiple ultrasounds, and 2 rounds of different medications based on my response to them. Both responded well - however, Clomid I was incredibly mean on, and Letrozole I had intense migraines. I also had an HSG performed, my septum removed to prevent miscarriages, and another HSG a few years later. My husband had semen analysis (2) done, too.
Great women! Incredibly kind, and also took time to get to know you.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Small office space, but also very welcoming staff. The office is self is not very well labeled, but also nice when it can be an uncomfortable situation to be in. Bring your spouse/significant other - helpful to remember everything. Also, take notes!!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
No copay for visits - insurance covered. Upcoming Clomid rounds approximately 1200-1500 with IUI.
PCOS, Unexplained
We only say Dr. Sobel 2 times during our cucle- first to confirm our pregnancy, and to do my D & C after miscarriage...He is very clinical, but also very knowledgeable...I only did he Clomid challenge so far. Surprisingly my body responded well and I became pregnant the first try. I lost the baby at 7 1/2 weeks. We will be trying Clomid with IUI next...I was not given any advise or guidance after my miscarriage and had to contact my OBGYN to find a therapist that deals with infertility and loss of pregnancy on my own.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
He is very clinical, but also very knowledgeable. Fertility is such an emotional and complicated process, but it is difficult to have a doctor that is real and compassionate at the same time. We only say Dr. Sobel 2 times during our cucle- first to confirm our pregnancy, and to do my D & C after miscarriage.
Be prepared to be told negative information at each appointment. The staff will share all information regardless of your emotional state. I was not given any advise or guidance after my miscarriage and had to contact my OBGYN to find a therapist that deals with infertility and loss of pregnancy on my own.
Since we were new we were always being reintroduced to the same staff. Hopefully over time they will recognize us and make us feel more welcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Not very compassionate or sensitive. I was told to prepare to miscarry at each appointment and given no additional information or support. I left each appointment in tears and anxious.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
They are very flexiable and allowed me to be seen by multiple doctors and at all locations. There was some miscommunication between all of the locations, but they were able to accommodate to my schedule.
My first cycle was covered under insurance, but moving forward will be out of pocket. Each IUI will cost $1400 a month.
Describe Michael Sobel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Lancaster
Dr. Sobel is a great guy, but in our case, lacked insight to get my husband's sperm cultured for an infection that ultimately prevented us from getting pregnant. His sperm would not fertilize an egg, but we didn't know that until 1 year into treatment and several thousand dollars later.... We went through rigorous blood work, appointments, and 3 IUI treatments, none of which were successful because of this oversight...Dr Sobel has wonderful bedside manner and the nurses were kind. We felt listened to....
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Sobel is a great guy, but in our case, lacked insight to get my husband's sperm cultured for an infection that ultimately prevented us from getting pregnant. His sperm would not fertilize an egg, but we didn't know that until 1 year into treatment and several thousand dollars later. The infection is cleared with a simple course of antibiotics. We went through rigorous blood work, appointments, and 3 IUI treatments, none of which were successful because of this oversight. Changed doctors, they flagged it right away. Get a second opinion.
Talk to someone who has battled infertility before. They will help you understand more than your doctor can in a one hour session, plus you will need a lifeline when your head is spinning after an appointment. Don't be afraid to ask questions and ask them to repeat or re-explain. Keep a calendar or journal of treatment so you can refer back - you WILL forget.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Robin)
Good with email, prompt.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
The office atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired. No natural light, low ceilings, and small exam rooms. They would really benefit from changing offices. The room where you go over treatment is also out in the open and only divided by a small partition which doesn't seem very private.
IUIs were about $1,500 each
Lancaster
[Dr. Sobel] was very compassionate throughout our treatment. He always took the time to process with us and gave us hope without sugar-coating the chances...He was excellent, even though it was a tough road, he explained everything and walked though it with us. He gave us a realistic understanding of what our chances were despite having unexplained infertility...if you want excellent bedside manner, you can’t go wrong with choosing him.
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
I would say if you want excellent bedside manner, you can’t go wrong with choosing him.
Dr. Sober was very compassionate throughout our treatment. He always took the time to process with us and gave us hope without sugar-coating the chances.
After we had tried a few months of Chlomid with our OB, we went to Dr. Sobel. We tried 4 rounds of IUI (according to Dr. Sobel, we had an 80% chance of conceiving after 4 attempts). We had one chemical pregnancy but was not successful in conceiving. We then had a lot of hope that IVF would be our final treatment, hopeful that it would result in a baby. Unfortunately for us, it didn’t result in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
I think the location is a strength—Abington is located near Philadelphia yet you get to access their services locally. Because it’s a smaller facility, you will feel like you’re talking to family. You will get to know the staff in a raw and emotionally vulnerable way, and they will support you as though you are family.
2012 - 2013
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
2012 - 2013
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Up until my IVF cycle I liked Dr Sobel. Little did I know that I won't see him at all during the cycle itself. He was not the Dr who did my retrieval or transfer. I felt that Dr Sobel was a good sales person and offered an overwhelming amount of hope for a positive outcome. I passed Dr Sobel a few times in the hallways of the office when I was in for monitoring appoints and he didn't even say Hi to me. It was not the experience I was hoping for and it completely turned me off for doing another round of IVF.
Don't go there....after comaring notes with the girls in my support group there are better Dr's in the area.
There was only one nurse in the practice that knew my name or who showed any kind of empathly for what I was going threw. On the day of my pregnancy test I waited in the waiting room for an hour before they took my blood. Then they didn't call me until after 5:00 PM with the results when they said I would get a call early that afternoon.
The one nurse at the Paoli office was super nice. The rest all blend together.
Langhorne
He [Dr. Sobel] was very pleasant to work with. I felt comfortable under his care. He clearly explained options and answered my questions. He performed a procedure the other practice had never mentioned. I had the stomach flu just prior to my scheduled hysteroscopy, and he quickly called back to address that....He was very compassionate and easy to talk to. I was hesitant to see a male doctor, but I was very comfortable with him....
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
He was very pleasant to work with. I felt comfortable under his care. He clearly explained options and answered my questions. He performed a procedure the other practice had never mentioned. I had the stomach flu just prior to my scheduled hysteroscopy, and he quickly called back to address that.
Ask questions - he was always willing to answer.
One cycle after hysteroscopy to repair uterine septum (undiagnosed at other practice.) Only did Femara with no injectibles and IUI which was less than previous practice. Positive pregnancy test.
Robin was very kind, compassionate, and helpful
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
The need to travel to Abington if we did IVF or for specialty sperm testing. Otherwise, I was pleased with the practice. I appreciated suggestions of vitamins to take during cycle. I only worked with them for one cycle, so I don't have a lot of experience.
Lancaster
Dr. Sobel is very knowledgeable and also caring. He stays up to date with research and implements that in his practice. He has high expectations with numbers (lab results, endometrium thickness), which I feel is a good thing. I had a lab result which was in the normal range, but barely. He called me and explained we need to add on a medication to get that closer to the middle of the normal range, which is better for trying to conceive. I do not know how many other doctors would do that.
Trust his judgement!
He remembers his patients and makes you feel welcome.
Robin is by leaps and bounds the best nurse I have ever known. She is incredibly intelligent, knows what Dr. Sobel wants, and is very fast when responding to questions via email. It seems like she makes the wheels turn in the office.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
I think the clinic in Lancaster needs to be renovated. The equipment is old and the exam rooms small. It works overall, but updates would be nice.