Medical SchoolU. of Med and Bio
King of Prussia
120 Valley Green Lane
King of Prussia, PA 19406
215-887-2010
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Sobel to a friend?
6.9

7.2

5.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) to a friend?
Our first impression was that he [Dr. Sobel] was overly sensitive. We commented how I’m sure some couples need that, but we wanted to hear facts and base our decisions off of reason. ... He would call every so often, with lab results but not usually. He was unclear with his reasonings to do certain things ... Did not know our names, did not remember conversations we had. Very impersonal.
It is a branch location [Sincera Reproductive Medicine] for a larger branch in Abington PA. You are treated like a branch. It is small in a basement. You might have to drive to Abington or other locations where they do not treat you well either. ... Robin was extremely unprofessional. Not only did she contradict what Dr. Sobel said to us, she also sent an email to my husband BY MISTAKE, meaning to only send it to the PA, saying unprofessional things about me. I never received an apology, just an excuse. She lied to me saying she spoke with Dr. Sobel when she did not, and told me I could not make an appointment to have a consultation with him.
How was your experience with Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Our first impression was that he was overly sensitive. We commented how I’m sure some couples need that, but we wanted to hear facts and base our decisions off of reason. We then did not see or deal with him, he handed everything off to his physicians assistant. They gave us conflicting information, constantly. He would call every so often, with lab results but not usually. He was unclear with his reasonings to do certain things, and again his staff (PA and nurse) conflicted his information to us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Ask for facts.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
He did not know anything about us. At a consultation we had with him we was reading our chart and regurgitated info at us, and wasn’t even correct about some of it. Did not know our names, did not remember conversations we had. Very impersonal.
Describe the protocols Michael Sobel used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
We did a Clomid cycle with no IUI and had “good results” but no pregnancy so we did Clomid again with the intent of an IUI but my body did not respond the same way. We switched to Letrozole and had four IUIs all unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Robin)
Describe your experience with Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
It is a branch location for a larger branch in Abington PA. You are treated like a branch. It is small in a basement. You might have to drive to Abington or other locations where they do not treat you well either.
What specific things went wrong at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).

2015 - 2019
Unexplained, Other
I truly was pleased and impressed by how he [Dr. Sobel] treated me as a patient. He cared about our life, our goals, and our vision for our fertility journey. He was honest, but with a caring heart. He explained things in detail and took time to make sure my husband and I understood.... When he found that I had a septum in my uterus, he moved forward with removing the septum before any pregnancy. I also had the HSG done to check my tubes.
Small office [Abington Repro Med] tucked away in a basement so the location is not the most ideal - felt slightly claustrophobic in the building. They have a great staff and very clean office. The office is a branch office, so it is not a top-of-the-notch facility. However, we felt welcomed.... We would meet with her [nurse] at the end of every appointment, and she is would explain the next steps. She was great at communicating and answering questions. She was the one who would go over all the details of the process of medicated cycles.
2015 - 2019
Unexplained, Other
I truly was pleased and impressed by how he treated me as a patient. He cared about our life, our goals, and our vision for our fertility journey. He was honest, but with a caring heart. He explained things in detail and took time to make sure my husband and I understood. Bedside manners we're top notch, always making sure I was comfortable with everything.
Be honest and open about your vision/goal for your fertility journey. He respects wishes (example: we want to go as natural as possible) of you both.
He genuinely seemed to care about myself and my husband. He'd answer our questions, and he was sensitive to our emotions through the process.
I did medicated cycles with ultrasounds to track the process. They were very structured with how the process went, and gave a complete outline of the process. It was easy to follow. Medications, ultrasounds, and blood work. He also did a great workup of exploratory diagnosis of our fertility. When he found that I had a septum in my uterus, he moved forward with removing the septum before any pregnancy. I also had the HSG done to check my tubes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: (forget her name))
We would meet with her at the end of every appointment, and she is would explain the next steps. She was great at communicating and answering questions. She was the one who would go over all the details of the process of medicated cycles.
Small office tucked away in a basement so the location is not the most ideal - felt slightly claustrophobic in the building. They have a great staff and very clean office. The office is a branch office, so it is not a top-of-the-notch facility. However, we felt welcomed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Sobel at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Insurance covered the diagnostic testing. It was about $1000-$1500 per medicated cycle, and only about $20-30 per cycle for the medication. Per visit was our copay of $40.
Describe Michael Sobel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
6 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
This doctor [Dr. Michael Sobel] seemed rushed and annoyed to be performing my retrieval. He barely spoke to me after, and provided really no optimism. When he called to say that both embryos had fertilized abnormally, I distinctly remember him also saying " We may have to give up on you soon." He seemed to have no desire to help me. I left this clinic immediately...Don't expect to see him often, or receive undivided attention.
[Abington Reproductive Medicine] was clean and tidy. The receptionist was generally nice, but didn't always seem to have an understanding of what was going on with the patients. The had good hours and many locations, which was helpful...My treatment was not specific. Honestly, no one ever seemed to remember anything I'd told them from one appointment to the next. They seemed to have no idea how to handle cases that were not average in nature. They are clearly used to cut and dry cases, which I certainly am not.
6 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
This doctor seemed rushed and annoyed to be performing my retrieval. He barely spoke to me after, and provided really no optimism. When he called to say that both embryos had fertilized abnormally, I distinctly remember him also saying " We may have to give up on you soon." He seemed to have no desire to help me. I left this clinic immediately.
Don't expect to see him often, or receive undivided attention.
My protocol was completely messed up. When I wasn't responding well to the drugs, he basically threw up his hands. I called desperate to speak to him or any doctor about what we could do to save the cycle. At the final hour, they agreed and prescribed medication and hastily scheduled me for retrieval. It was too late. The cycle was mismanaged, its no wonder the eggs were not healthy.
Again, they seemed overworked and understaffed. They were wonderful at first, but once it became clear that I wasn't an easy case the friendly attitude went away. One nurse there did get me some donated medication once, and for that I was grateful.
It was clean and tidy. The receptionist was generally nice, but didn't always seem to have an understanding of what was going on with the patients. The had good hours and many locations, which was helpful.
I had insurance coverage for some of the treatments. Each IUI cost me 200, that I know for sure. 500 for a hysteroscopy.
Abington

2019 - 2020
Very understanding, does not waste your time. He sets a plan and sticks to it. Explains everything that happens with the process. He works great with the main nurse. They both work together as a team to establish what will happen with the fertility process. ... I was on clomid for the first course to increase my chances with strengthening my ovulation. The clomid did make me ovulate however I produced too many follicles. So no IUI that round. I then did Letrozole and IUI my second round. My husband has low sperm count but the IUI was not successful and due to the Pandemic we are unable to get further rounds of IUI till the Pandemic ends
Strengths organized and professional. The staff [is very nice and compassionate which is nice because the infertility journey is very stressful. Weakness the lab tech does not explain what labs she is drawing. I would like an explanation of what labs were taken each time I was there ... [nurses] Great communication. The staff gets back to you within a day of leaving a message.
2019 - 2020
Just be ready for a lot of testing an information given to you.
He is very caring and understanding. He takes time to get to know his patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Laurie)
Strengths organized and professional. The staff is very nice and compassionate which is nice because the infertility journey is very stressful. Weakness the lab tech does not explain what labs she is drawing. I would like an explanation of what labs were taken each time I was there
My insurance covered 70% after I met my deductible, my bill was around 60 co pay for every appt and the procedures were billed over 2,000
Did not have that done

PCOS, Unexplained
We only say Dr. Sobel 2 times during our cucle- first to confirm our pregnancy, and to do my D & C after miscarriage...He is very clinical, but also very knowledgeable...I only did he Clomid challenge so far. Surprisingly my body responded well and I became pregnant the first try. I lost the baby at 7 1/2 weeks. We will be trying Clomid with IUI next...I was not given any advise or guidance after my miscarriage and had to contact my OBGYN to find a therapist that deals with infertility and loss of pregnancy on my own.
[The nurses at Abington Reproductive were] Not very compassionate or sensitive. I was told to prepare to miscarry at each appointment and given no additional information or support. I left each appointment in tears and anxious...I was told I would be given my HCG and hormone levels after each blood draw. I had to cal multiple times to receive my results. I was told by one nurse that my estrogen levels were low, and the doctor said they were fine. A lot of unneeded stress and confusion were the result of the miscommunications.
PCOS, Unexplained
He is very clinical, but also very knowledgeable. Fertility is such an emotional and complicated process, but it is difficult to have a doctor that is real and compassionate at the same time. We only say Dr. Sobel 2 times during our cucle- first to confirm our pregnancy, and to do my D & C after miscarriage.
Be prepared to be told negative information at each appointment. The staff will share all information regardless of your emotional state. I was not given any advise or guidance after my miscarriage and had to contact my OBGYN to find a therapist that deals with infertility and loss of pregnancy on my own.
Since we were new we were always being reintroduced to the same staff. Hopefully over time they will recognize us and make us feel more welcome.
They are very flexiable and allowed me to be seen by multiple doctors and at all locations. There was some miscommunication between all of the locations, but they were able to accommodate to my schedule.
My first cycle was covered under insurance, but moving forward will be out of pocket. Each IUI will cost $1400 a month.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Sobel is a great guy, but in our case, lacked insight to get my husband's sperm cultured for an infection that ultimately prevented us from getting pregnant. His sperm would not fertilize an egg, but we didn't know that until 1 year into treatment and several thousand dollars later.... We went through rigorous blood work, appointments, and 3 IUI treatments, none of which were successful because of this oversight...Dr Sobel has wonderful bedside manner and the nurses were kind. We felt listened to....
The office [Abington Repro Med] atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired. No natural light, low ceilings, and small exam rooms. They would really benefit from changing offices. The room where you go over treatment is also out in the open and only divided by a small partition which doesn't seem very private....Dr Sobel has wonderful bedside manner and the nurses were kind. We felt listened to....IUIs were about $1,500 each...Good with email, prompt.
Dr. Sobel is a great guy, but in our case, lacked insight to get my husband's sperm cultured for an infection that ultimately prevented us from getting pregnant. His sperm would not fertilize an egg, but we didn't know that until 1 year into treatment and several thousand dollars later. The infection is cleared with a simple course of antibiotics. We went through rigorous blood work, appointments, and 3 IUI treatments, none of which were successful because of this oversight. Changed doctors, they flagged it right away. Get a second opinion.
Talk to someone who has battled infertility before. They will help you understand more than your doctor can in a one hour session, plus you will need a lifeline when your head is spinning after an appointment. Don't be afraid to ask questions and ask them to repeat or re-explain. Keep a calendar or journal of treatment so you can refer back - you WILL forget.
Good with email, prompt.
The office atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired. No natural light, low ceilings, and small exam rooms. They would really benefit from changing offices. The room where you go over treatment is also out in the open and only divided by a small partition which doesn't seem very private.
IUIs were about $1,500 each
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Sobel] was very compassionate throughout our treatment. He always took the time to process with us and gave us hope without sugar-coating the chances...He was excellent, even though it was a tough road, he explained everything and walked though it with us. He gave us a realistic understanding of what our chances were despite having unexplained infertility...if you want excellent bedside manner, you can’t go wrong with choosing him.
I think the location is a strength—Abington is located near Philadelphia yet you get to access their services locally. Because it’s a smaller facility, you will feel like you’re talking to family. You will get to know the staff in a raw and emotionally vulnerable way, and they will support you as though you are family...We tried 4 rounds of IUI (according to Dr. Sobel, we had an 80% chance of conceiving after 4 attempts). We had one chemical pregnancy but was not successful in conceiving. We then had a lot of hope that IVF would be our final treatment, hopeful that it would result in a baby. Unfortunately for us, it didn’t result in a pregnancy.
I would say if you want excellent bedside manner, you can’t go wrong with choosing him.
Dr. Sober was very compassionate throughout our treatment. He always took the time to process with us and gave us hope without sugar-coating the chances.
After we had tried a few months of Chlomid with our OB, we went to Dr. Sobel. We tried 4 rounds of IUI (according to Dr. Sobel, we had an 80% chance of conceiving after 4 attempts). We had one chemical pregnancy but was not successful in conceiving. We then had a lot of hope that IVF would be our final treatment, hopeful that it would result in a baby. Unfortunately for us, it didn’t result in a pregnancy.

2012 - 2013
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
On the day of my pregnancy test I waited in the waiting room [at Toll Center for Reproductive Sciences] for an hour before they took my blood. Then they didn't call me until after 5:00 PM with the results when they said I would get a call early that afternoon.
2012 - 2013
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Up until my IVF cycle I liked Dr Sobel. Little did I know that I won't see him at all during the cycle itself. He was not the Dr who did my retrieval or transfer. I felt that Dr Sobel was a good sales person and offered an overwhelming amount of hope for a positive outcome. I passed Dr Sobel a few times in the hallways of the office when I was in for monitoring appoints and he didn't even say Hi to me. It was not the experience I was hoping for and it completely turned me off for doing another round of IVF.
Don't go there....after comaring notes with the girls in my support group there are better Dr's in the area.
There was only one nurse in the practice that knew my name or who showed any kind of empathly for what I was going threw. On the day of my pregnancy test I waited in the waiting room for an hour before they took my blood. Then they didn't call me until after 5:00 PM with the results when they said I would get a call early that afternoon.
The one nurse at the Paoli office was super nice. The rest all blend together.
Langhorne
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Sobel] was very pleasant to work with. I felt comfortable under his care. He clearly explained options and answered my questions. He performed a procedure the other practice had never mentioned. I had the stomach flu just prior to my scheduled hysteroscopy, and he quickly called back to address that....He was very compassionate and easy to talk to. I was hesitant to see a male doctor, but I was very comfortable with him....
The need to travel to Abington if we did IVF or for specialty sperm testing. Otherwise, I was pleased with the practice [Abington Repro - Toll - Lanc]. I appreciated suggestions of vitamins to take during cycle. I only worked with them for one cycle...[Nurse] Robin was very kind, compassionate, and helpful...One cycle after hysteroscopy to repair uterine septum (undiagnosed at other practice.) Only did Femara with no injectibles and IUI which was less than previous practice.
He was very pleasant to work with. I felt comfortable under his care. He clearly explained options and answered my questions. He performed a procedure the other practice had never mentioned. I had the stomach flu just prior to my scheduled hysteroscopy, and he quickly called back to address that.
Ask questions - he was always willing to answer.
One cycle after hysteroscopy to repair uterine septum (undiagnosed at other practice.) Only did Femara with no injectibles and IUI which was less than previous practice. Positive pregnancy test.
Robin was very kind, compassionate, and helpful
The need to travel to Abington if we did IVF or for specialty sperm testing. Otherwise, I was pleased with the practice. I appreciated suggestions of vitamins to take during cycle. I only worked with them for one cycle, so I don't have a lot of experience.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Sobel is very knowledgeable and also caring. He stays up to date with research and implements that in his practice. He has high expectations with numbers (lab results, endometrium thickness), which I feel is a good thing. I had a lab result which was in the normal range, but barely. He called me and explained we need to add on a medication to get that closer to the middle of the normal range, which is better for trying to conceive. I do not know how many other doctors would do that.
I think the clinic in Lancaster [Abington Reproductive] needs to be renovated. The equipment is old and the exam rooms small. It works overall, but updates would be nice.... Robin is by leaps and bounds the best nurse I have ever known. She is incredibly intelligent, knows what Dr. Sobel wants, and is very fast when responding to questions via email. It seems like she makes the wheels turn in the office.
Trust his judgement!
He remembers his patients and makes you feel welcome.
I think the clinic in Lancaster needs to be renovated. The equipment is old and the exam rooms small. It works overall, but updates would be nice.
+ Read more- Read less

We were planning on doing medicated IUIs with Chlomid [with Dr. Sobel] until that stopped working for my body, so we switched to letrozole which seems to be working. We have done this for three IUIs and plan on doing one more then we will meet again and talk about future strategies of number four is not successful...Only saw Dr. Sobel once through my 3 IUIs...He has very kind and caring bedside manor. His team works together to accomplish his goals. He calls mid cycle to let you know your blood results, and his team works hard to make sure you feel comfortable during procedures.
Sarah [nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine] is amazing, she keeps us informed and comfortable at all times...About $1,000 per [IUI] cycle plus additional costs for medications and proceedures...I think they do a great job with anonymity. Their waiting room is what you would expect. The clinic itself is basically a basement but they have it brightened up. They are kind and want the best for you...We were planning on doing medicated IUIs with Chlomid until that stopped working for my body, so we switched to letrozole which seems to be working. We have done this for three IUIs and plan on doing one more then we will meet again and talk about future strategies of number four is not successful.
Make sure you know what the expectations are moving forward and be sure you are on the same page, they want to make sure you are comfortable with your treatments.
Only saw Dr. Sobel once through my 3 IUIs, his PA Sarah is amazing and his nurse Robin is nice but treats you like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Sarah Tangert PA)
Sarah is amazing, she keeps us informed and comfortable at all times.
About $1,000 per cycle plus additional costs for medications and proceedures.