SLU

Doctor available by emailNurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolUniv of MO-Columbia
ResidencyGeorgetown
FellowshipWash U
1031 Bellevue Ave., Suite 400
St. Louis, MO 63117
314-977-7455
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Thomure to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 50%Neutral: 50%8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend SLU to a friend?
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
All testing came back within normal range and thus I received the diagnosis of unexplained infertility [with Dr. Michael Thomure]. Was told we can do 6 IUI's with medicated clomid. So far I have done 4 rounds with 50 mg clomid each. I have ovulated each time (but I also ovulate on my own). So far all 4 have yielded negative pregnancy tests...I still am left wondering why... thorough in explaining how to get the diagnosis I received and had a clear plan of action for trying to get me pregnant.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Thomure at SLU?
Dr. Thomure was thorough in explaining how to get the diagnosis I received and had a clear plan of action for trying to get me pregnant. I have a diagnosis of "unexplained infertility" which may be why things seemed very routine and did not venture much off course. While I enjoyed having a consistent plan of action, it was difficult because I did 4 IUI's with 50 mg clomid that were unmonitored and my dosage was never increased. So far, they have not resulted in a pregnancy and I still am left wondering why.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Thomure at SLU?
If you think you're going to have to do IVF, skip him altogether because SLU does not perform IVF.
Describe the protocols Michael Thomure used in your cycles at SLU and their degree of success.
Blood test, semen analysis, HSG, internal ultrasound, physical exam. All testing came back within normal range and thus I received the diagnosis of unexplained infertility. Was told we can do 6 IUI's with medicated clomid. So far I have done 4 rounds with 50 mg clomid each. I have ovulated each time (but I also ovulate on my own). So far all 4 have yielded negative pregnancy tests. If 6 are unsuccessful we will be referred for IVF through WashU
The nursing staff was always kind and sincere. The front desk attendant was also very nice and upon learning that we were having difficulties, would always tell me she would be praying for me. Appointments are booked through a call center and they always seemed clueless when I would call asking for a "next day" appointment.
Describe your experience with SLU.
The clinic is getting updated. It is a typical OBGYN office so you see women of all stages of life, pregnant and not. The front desk ladies are wonderful but the call center is clueless in terms of setting you up with the right doctor (if you need one in a specific concentration) and scheduling "next day" appointments (particularly if it's a weekend or holiday).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Thomure at SLU.
My insurance covers nothing. Dr visits were $50 with my copay. IUI's were unmediated besides clomd and $375 each. If the sperm sample was low, cost was reduced to $150
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
He is fast paced which may make people feel less inclined to ask questions. If you ask he is kind and will explain. He does not dwell on infertility which I like. He isn't hand holding. He puts a list together, let's you pick from options and he writes his orders in front of you... I have no period so we got a prescription for femara for 2.5 mg. We called whatever day that I start taking the pills CD day 3. Start opk's on day 12. Have sex every day from CD 10 until you get your positive opks. Test on CD 32-35
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Thomure at SLU?
He is fast paced which may make people feel less inclined to ask questions. If you ask he is kind and will explain. He does not dwell on infertility which I like. He isn't hand holding. He puts a list together, let's you pick from options and he writes his orders in front of you. I like him a lot.
Ask questions if you need to clarify. And use patient portal! He is so quick to respond. And if you need someone who is tender, he may not be right for you. He is absolutely kind, but he does not sit and dwell on past losses or infertility. He will help you with a plan so I hope you give him that opportunity
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Thomure at SLU?
He requires you to come in with your partner. He is quick and to the point but extremely kind. He also communicates with me via patient portal regularly checking in. He also repaired my bicornuate uterus and was really competent and kind then as well.
They are quick but always nice.
Describe your experience with SLU.
The front staff are not always friendly. The office is usually packed. But they are very punctual. I think they run a tight ship. They have a lot of SLU and WASH U med students who are eager to sit it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Thomure at SLU.
I do not recall. He did ensure that I got my medications at Schnucks because my fertility meds cost $1.50
Describe Michael Thomure's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at SLU.
I don't have any information on this subject