Medical SchoolTufts U of Med
San Jose, CA 95128
Foster City
1098 Foster City Boulevard
Foster City, CA 94404
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Vance Homer to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Science Center to a friend?
Immediately he [Dr. Homer] said our chances of conceiving naturally were 1%. This was a very quick diagnosis. He thought if we wanted to do IUIs to try three on clomid. We pushed back and asked for 3 natural with HCG and he was willing only to do 3. After that he wanted to start us on clomid. During the time there were no other blood tests performed, which I hoped to get some more answers. We took 5 months off to give ourselves a break and just started up again and requested the HSG test.
How was your experience with Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
He was helpful at taking time with us and understanding where we were at. I appreciated his expertise and his reputation. I wished he would have worked with me a little better on non-medicated treatments and look more into blood work. I’ve had many friends have way more blood work done than me, a day 3 cycle test which I have not had done, nor hormone testing on certain days of my cycle or during IUIs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
If you are ready to jump all in and haven’t done too much research on your own or know much about your body and just are ready to get pregnant no matter what, he is a great doctor. I want to get pregnant while doing it in the most natural and healthy way for how my body is currently responding.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
He was kind and took time with me. Though he wanted me to do full medication, after some advocating for myself he allowed me to try only HCG injections without clomid. They weren’t positive or encouraging about me doing it this way which made me feel a little unsupported, but at least were will to try 3.
Describe the protocols Michael Vance Homer used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
Immediately he said our chances of conceiving naturally were 1%. This was a very quick diagnosis. He thought if we wanted to do IUIs to try three on clomid. We pushed back and asked for 3 natural with HCG and he was willing only to do 3. After that he wanted to start us on clomid. During the time there were no other blood tests performed, which I hoped to get some more answers. We took 5 months off to give ourselves a break and just started up again and requested the HSG test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
They were friendly. I always had someone else helping me and often would meet the doctor performing my IUI that same day. They were all kind but I never had Dr. Homer doing the procedures.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Very expensive. I wish insurance covered more. They have good success rates and quality doctors. They care about getting pregnant results fast. They don’t always take the time to trust the patient knowing their body and come up with some wholistic approaches.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center.
$500-800 for initial visit and sonogram, $1000 per IUI, $300 HSG, acupuncture done outside of clinic but for my treatments
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center?
San Jose
Dr. Homer was just great. He gave me time, patience and respect. He always listened. I never once felt like I didn't know what was happening, or why. He never rushed me, and answered all of my thousands of questions...He was frank, honest, kind, warm, and always gave me time...never disregarded any of my feelings, concerns or instincts. I am actually a little sad to have to graduate from the fertility center back to my OB just because I would have loved to see him and the wonderful staff at the RSC throughout my pregnancy.
Don't be shy to ask all the questions you may have.
Dr. Homer was absolutely amazing! He was frank, honest, kind, warm, and always gave me time. He never rushed me, always listened to all my questions and concerns, and never disregarded any of my feelings, concerns or instincts. I am actually a little sad to have to graduate from the fertility center back to my OB just because I would have loved to see him and the wonderful staff at the RSC throughout my pregnancy.
I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility, and also really long, irregular cycles. After having tried to conceive naturally for a year and a half, Dr. Homer recommended we move forward with a medicated (Letrozole) IUI treatment. In the days leading up to this cycle, we did blood-work and discovered elevated TSH levels, for which he prescribed me some medication. It must have been this medication that did the trick, for I ended up naturally conceiving in that final natural cycle leading up to my scheduled IUI cycle. It was a wonderful surprise!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Smith)
Lindsay was just amazing! She was so responsive. Always there to answer my questions via the patient portal. And on days that she was on leave, someone else always got back to me in her stead, always within the same day. I loved knowing that I could reach out to her and she would be patient and willing to answer any and all questions, as silly as they may have seemed to her.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
This clinic is amazing. Every single staff member I encountered was amazing. The location itself was convenient, with ample parking. The facility was clean, comfortable, and all the equipment was in great condition. I honestly don't have a single bad thing to say.
As I never ended up needing fertility treatment, I was just charged for the initial diagnosis appointment, and a followup ultrasound appointment after I became pregnant.
San Jose
Due to my diagnosis with PCOS Dr Homer prescribed Femera, not Clomid that my previous Dr had me on. It worked our first two cycles on it and I'm so grateful that he customized our treatment for my condition... I got pregnant the first cycle. It was a tough experience as we learned that I miscarried at our first appointment, but Dr Homer was right there for us, helping me through the medication to have the miscarriage at home, no DNC required thankfully. He even called me the next day, On a Saturday, to check in on me, it meant the world to me.
Dr Homer was incredible throughout our entire experience, start to finish. In the first meeting we immediately bonded with him, he experience medically and personally helped us instill trust in him pretty much right away. We enjoyed meeting with him and he took so much time with us to explain the whole process and what he could do for us. I had previously visited another Dr who prescribed Clomid and incorrectly told me I did not have PCOS, she was prepared to up my prescription of Clomid to 100mg after 3 failed cycles. At that point I chose to move to see Dr. Homer and I look back all the time and am grateful we made that decision. At my first ultrasound with Dr. Homer he immediately confirmed I was a classic case of PCOS. From there he made the decision to not go forward with Clomid but to switch to Femera. I got pregnant the first cycle. It was a tough experience as we learned that I miscarried at our first appointment, but Dr Homer was right there for us, helping me through the medication to have the miscarriage at home, no DNC required thankfully. He even called me the next day, On a Saturday, to check in on me, it meant the world to me. He was a partner throughout the entire process and never shyed away from the tough stuff. After that, I had many weeks with blood appointments to check my Hcg, which took it's sweet time in going down. I think I tested 3-4 weeks in a row before we gave it a rest for a couple weeks and tested again. It took about 2 months to get it completely gone so we could start trying again. Dr Homer put me on my second cycle with Femera and sure enough we got pregnant on the first try again, I simply couldn't believe it. the first few months were pretty grueling, always expecting something to go wrong. I was terrified for my first ultrasound. Dr Homer was perfectly matching my optimism but also completely respecting and mirroring my cautious excitement. Once he got in there and saw the heartbeat he took a minute to confirm before he gave me the good news. My husband and I were ecstatic and so was he. We had the best appointment and were so endlessly grateful for his partnership and guidance. After that we had a 2 week trip to Ireland and I couldnt wait to come home to get another hopefully good screen. We could have switched to an OB at that time, but we werent ready to leave Dr Homer. We came back from the trip and got to see the baby grown quite a bit, arms and legs and most importantly a strong heartbeat. Dr Homer gave us hugs of congratulations and his staff gave us so many well wishes on our way out the door. Dr Homer even helped me find a new OB which was a big deal for us and we've now met her and absolutely love her! I of course would prefer to stay with Dr Homer if it were a possibility, but because it's not we're thrilled to have her. I can't say enough good things about Dr Homer, without him I dont think this experience ever could have worked as quickly and certainly wouldn't have been so pleasant.
Don't wait to get engaged with Reproductive Science Center, you need to get care from a Dr and a clinic who know what they're talking about with Fertility.
Dr Homer was incredible throughout our entire experience, start to finish. In the first meeting we immediately bonded with him, he experience medically and personally helped us instill trust in him pretty much right away. We enjoyed meeting with him and he took so much time with us to explain the whole process and what he could do for us. He was a partner throughout the entire process and never shyed away from the tough stuff, we had to go through some hard times and he was always thorough and supportive with us, telling us exactly what we needed and wanted to know, respectfully and politely. I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Homer. I met with one other Dr while Dr Homer was out, she did my follicle scan and she was absolutely delightful and encouraging as well. The support staff was also pretty outstanding, always trying to be supportive and prompt, it was much appreciated.
I didn't have a ton of exposure to the nursing team, unless Judi is part of that team? She was outstanding and generally supported me over the phone and through the portal. I did see a nurse for one of my follicle scans and she was outstanding as well, sorry I dont know her name.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic was in a good location, clean and pleasant to visit. there were some weaknesses we discovered once we left and went to our OB at Los Olivos with getting our paperwork sent over. We confirmed to have it sent over at our last RSC appointment and i called the day before my OB appt to make sure paperwork was sent. Then at my first OB appointment they were still missing all my blood work.
We had a pretty substantial cost for the ultrasounds each month. Also the only thing I was really caught off guard by was when I needed to come in for weekly blood draws for my Hcg levels, I was anxious to hear results so it was recommended that I do the draws at RSC so i could get same day results. Unfortunately after a few draws I found out that my coverage didnt extend to those blood draws and i needed to go to a LabCorp, so I got charged way more than expected for those visits and that was really disappointing.
IUI, 1 IVF
I believe doctors should know it all yet they should not be so overpowering that you can't confide in them with your silliest of things, your fears and your apprehensions which with Doctor Homer i never felt that way, all i can say he is the best thing that happened for my IVF journey...Dr. Homer is the best. Me and my husband were fortunate that we found him. Since the very first appointment, we found him very considerate, professional and yet very friendly. He was very transparent,always answered all of questions(which i did ask a lot, thanks to google), understanding and honest. We knew all the risks and chances of success associated with the treatment yet we were never in doubt just because of Dr. Homer's positive attitude. With only 1 healthy embryo at hand, it was him who showed confidence in our confidence to move forward with the transfer cycle. We were lucky that it worked
IUI, 1 IVF
Dr. Homer is the best. Me and my husband were fortunate that we found him. Since the very first appointment, we found him very considerate, professional and yet very friendly. He was very transparent,always answered all of questions(which i did ask a lot, thanks to google), understanding and honest. We knew all the risks and chances of success associated with the treatment yet we were never in doubt just because of Dr. Homer's positive attitude. With only 1 healthy embryo at hand, it was him who showed confidence in our confidence to move forward with the transfer cycle. We were lucky that it worked out for us but if it hadn't, our feedback about him wouldn't have changed. My message to everyone who is looking for an IVF treatment is that "Dr Homer is someone who you can rely on and he will do everything whats necessary and right for you and you would never feel that your efforts were for nothing." He is very considerate, spends time in understanding their patients, and has sense of humor which will light your bad day. He smiles at problems which gives you confidence that no matter what you can get through every problem.I believe doctors should know it all yet they should not be so overpowering that you can't confide in them with your silliest of things, your fears and your apprehensions which with Doctor Homer i never felt that way, all i can say he is the best thing that happened for my IVF journey.
Be honest and forthcoming with him and do let him know your expectations about the treatment so that he can have all the information and decide the best course of treatment for you
He was considerate, understanding and professional yet very friendly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Patty Roberts )
Patti and all the staff were awesome, they were on top of my case and knew every detail without looking at my file all the time. They were considerate, loving, caring and understanding
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
We found everything perfect about the clinic. The best thing about it is that they were always on schedule and they never wasted our time
San Jose
We met Dr. Homer after trying for more than 2 years without success. Before we met, I was skeptical. I worried that he was too young and inexperienced. But he quickly proved me wrong. He answered all our questions and concerns, explained to us all our options (IUI and IVF) with risk and success rate, and suggested us to go with IUI first....he found out that I had polyps in the uterus, which caused me to bleed in between periods and reduced my success rate. After a successful surgery performed by Dr. Homer and 2 failing IUI, we decided to move on to IVF.
We met Dr. Homer after trying for more than 2 years without success. Before we met, I was skeptical. I worried that he was too young and inexperienced. But he quickly proved me wrong. He answered all our questions and concerns, explained to us all our options (IUI and IVF) with risk and success rate, and suggested us to go with IUI first. During our treatment, he found out that I had polyps in the uterus, which caused me to bleed in between periods and reduced my success rate. After a successful surgery performed by Dr. Homer and 2 failing IUI, we decided to move on to IVF. We got 3 healthy embryos and one of them got transferred successfully. Me and my husband were ecstatic. After trying for 3 years, our dream had finally come true, thanks to Dr. Homer. He was very professional, knowledgable, yet very friendly and funny. He also had wonderful bedside manner. I was very happy to graduate from RSC, yet was sad to leave Dr. Homer. Hopefully we will see him again for our next baby in about 2 years. I would recommend Dr. Homer to everyone who considers infertility treatment.
Don't wait, call Dr. Homer now.
Dr. Homer is professional yet have a sense of humor. He is knowledgable yet very friendly. And he is also considerate and have a good bedside manner.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Overall a good experience. RSC has good facilities, and the San Jose office is at a convenient location. Nurses were great. Judi was on top off things. The only thing that I would like to see improvement is the financial department. We keep getting bills that was not correct.
Describe Michael Vance Homer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
Dr. Homer strong suggested us to do single embryo transfer due to the success rate being >60% and the risk of having twins with multiple embryo transfer.
San Jose
[Dr. Michael Homer had] Great explanations, addressed concerns in a caring manner... Quick communication re: results, explained things in a way that was relatable. Would definitely recommend to others. I saw him for my initial fertility workup and for my saline sonogram. My IUI was performed at another clinic by another nurse, same with cycle monitoring ultrasounds
European, East Asian
Quick communication re: results, explained things in a way that was relatable. Would definitely recommend to others. I saw him for my initial fertility workup and for my saline sonogram. My IUI was performed at another clinic by another nurse, same with cycle monitoring ultrasounds.
Be prepared with questions, research potential treatments beforehand if possible so you can get the most out of your time with him.
Great explanations, addressed concerns in a caring manner
My ultrasound and labs showed no fertility issues, other than a small fibroid. For fertility treatments, he recommended a natural cycle IUI which is what I was hoping to do. He did not oversell diagnostic procedures, and was able to proceed with treatment during my next cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey Smith)
Lindsey was great at following up and responding to questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
All patients using donor sperm have to go to the San Ramon clinic for IUI/IVF because that is where they store sperm. Also, weekend monitoring services are also only at San Ramon. But they are open every day, including Christmas, so if you are ovulating on a holiday, you will be seen.
IUI w/ cycle monitoring - $880