Available by cell phone
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Foster City
1098 Foster City Boulevard
Foster City, CA 94404
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Vance Homer to a friend?
9.8

6.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Science Center to a friend?
2016 - 2019
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Homer] recommended eSET (with normal PGS tested embryos)...really got to know us, what we care about, what we fear, what is important to us. He adapted his advice and communication style to match our particular case, personalities and needs which was very special and appreciated. It's clear that he truly cares...All through the process he was patient, responded to our 1000 questions (we learned a lot about the topic) and was open to adjusting treatment according to outcomes and our preferences. I really couldn't have asked for anything better from him and feel so lucky we choose him. I'd give him 10/10 regardless, but the outcomes were also amazing - we have the coolest awesome daughter from our first round with doctor Homer, are now expecting our second child (the second normal embryo from our first cycle), and have 5 more normal frozen embryos from cycles 2&3.
2016 - 2019
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
We came to see doctor Homer after 1.5 years of trying to conceive. From the beginning he was positive yet direct (which we liked and I believe he recognized that at therefore made a point of doing that). He was very knowledgeable, personable and made the whole process feel much easier and even fun. All through the process he was patient, responded to our 1000 questions (we learned a lot about the topic) and was open to adjusting treatment according to outcomes and our preferences. I really couldn't have asked for anything better from him and feel so lucky we choose him. I'd give him 10/10 regardless, but the outcomes were also amazing - we have the coolest awesome daughter from our first round with doctor Homer, are now expecting our second child (the second normal embryo from our first cycle), and have 5 more normal frozen embryos from cycles 2&3.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
You won't regret it!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
Doctor Homer really got to know us, what we care about, what we fear, what is important to us. He adapted his advice and communication style to match our particular case, personalities and needs which was very special and appreciated. It's clear that he truly cares.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay was amazing. Great communicator, patient, knowledgeable and caring. Before that we had Judy that was also very knowledgeable and professional but her communication style didn't fit ours.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Everyone was always very friendly from the receptionist to the ultrasound technicians. Other doctors I've seen also seemed great. The online portal is convenient and the communication is speedy and efficient. I didn't get to experience the billing department as I had great insurance that covers everything. If that wasn't the case I'd check that to make sure they are okay (don't know). One downside is that the procedures themselves are done in the San Ramon office which was far away for us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center.
All covered by the insurance
Describe Michael Vance Homer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
He recommended eSET (with normal PGS tested embryos)
Los Gatos

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center.

2017 - 2019
Dr Homer is naturally warm and friendly. He always remembers details about my history and care, and also makes sure to explain everything clearly so I am confortable with the course of action taken...He never pushed me to go beyond my comfort level, and unlike some doctors he is not too aggressive in his treatment method. I came in ready for IVF, but he convinced me to try IUI 1 more time, with a different medication than I was using with my previous doctor. We were successful at the first try.
2017 - 2019
I am very satisfied with my experience with Dr. Homer. He never pushed me to go beyond my comfort level, and unlike some doctors he is not too aggressive in his treatment method. I came in ready for IVF, but he convinced me to try IUI 1 more time, with a different medication than I was using with my previous doctor. We were successful at the first try.
Definitely do your homework before you see him. He explains everything in detail but it's always best to be educated in the subject prior to seeing any doctor.
Describe the protocols Michael Vance Homer used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
He switched me from Clomid to Femara. I have PCOS and had previously had 4 IUIs with another doctor (not from RSC) that failed. He had me and my husband do the genetic testing to make sure there were no other underlying issues, then did a sperm count for my husband. After the IUI, I was using progesterone supplements until I got my positive result.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Smith)
Lindsay my case manager is fenomenal. She is very responsive, knowledgeable and friendly. The rest of the staff at the los Gatos office is very professional and friendly as well. I had a negative experience at the San Ramon office because the nurse gave me the wrong timing to administer my trigger shot. This possible caused that cycle to fail. I can never know for sure.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Nice warm environment, quality staff, good support online and offline, well connected technology-wise. I also like that they are connected with natural practitioners such as acupuncturists. Nice warm environment, quality staff, good support online and offline, well connected technology-wise. I also like that they are connected with natural practitioners such as acupuncturists.
About $600 per IUI cycle.
Los Gatos

Immediately he [Dr. Homer] said our chances of conceiving naturally were 1%. This was a very quick diagnosis. He thought if we wanted to do IUIs to try three on clomid. We pushed back and asked for 3 natural with HCG and he was willing only to do 3. After that he wanted to start us on clomid. During the time there were no other blood tests performed, which I hoped to get some more answers. We took 5 months off to give ourselves a break and just started up again and requested the HSG test.
He was helpful at taking time with us and understanding where we were at. I appreciated his expertise and his reputation. I wished he would have worked with me a little better on non-medicated treatments and look more into blood work. I’ve had many friends have way more blood work done than me, a day 3 cycle test which I have not had done, nor hormone testing on certain days of my cycle or during IUIs.
If you are ready to jump all in and haven’t done too much research on your own or know much about your body and just are ready to get pregnant no matter what, he is a great doctor. I want to get pregnant while doing it in the most natural and healthy way for how my body is currently responding.
He was kind and took time with me. Though he wanted me to do full medication, after some advocating for myself he allowed me to try only HCG injections without clomid. They weren’t positive or encouraging about me doing it this way which made me feel a little unsupported, but at least were will to try 3.
Immediately he said our chances of conceiving naturally were 1%. This was a very quick diagnosis. He thought if we wanted to do IUIs to try three on clomid. We pushed back and asked for 3 natural with HCG and he was willing only to do 3. After that he wanted to start us on clomid. During the time there were no other blood tests performed, which I hoped to get some more answers. We took 5 months off to give ourselves a break and just started up again and requested the HSG test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
They were friendly. I always had someone else helping me and often would meet the doctor performing my IUI that same day. They were all kind but I never had Dr. Homer doing the procedures.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Very expensive. I wish insurance covered more. They have good success rates and quality doctors. They care about getting pregnant results fast. They don’t always take the time to trust the patient knowing their body and come up with some wholistic approaches.
$500-800 for initial visit and sonogram, $1000 per IUI, $300 HSG, acupuncture done outside of clinic but for my treatments
Los Gatos

Dr. Homer was just great. He gave me time, patience and respect. He always listened. I never once felt like I didn't know what was happening, or why. He never rushed me, and answered all of my thousands of questions...He was frank, honest, kind, warm, and always gave me time...never disregarded any of my feelings, concerns or instincts. I am actually a little sad to have to graduate from the fertility center back to my OB just because I would have loved to see him and the wonderful staff at the RSC throughout my pregnancy.
Don't be shy to ask all the questions you may have.
Dr. Homer was absolutely amazing! He was frank, honest, kind, warm, and always gave me time. He never rushed me, always listened to all my questions and concerns, and never disregarded any of my feelings, concerns or instincts. I am actually a little sad to have to graduate from the fertility center back to my OB just because I would have loved to see him and the wonderful staff at the RSC throughout my pregnancy.
I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility, and also really long, irregular cycles. After having tried to conceive naturally for a year and a half, Dr. Homer recommended we move forward with a medicated (Letrozole) IUI treatment. In the days leading up to this cycle, we did blood-work and discovered elevated TSH levels, for which he prescribed me some medication. It must have been this medication that did the trick, for I ended up naturally conceiving in that final natural cycle leading up to my scheduled IUI cycle. It was a wonderful surprise!
Lindsay was just amazing! She was so responsive. Always there to answer my questions via the patient portal. And on days that she was on leave, someone else always got back to me in her stead, always within the same day. I loved knowing that I could reach out to her and she would be patient and willing to answer any and all questions, as silly as they may have seemed to her.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
This clinic is amazing. Every single staff member I encountered was amazing. The location itself was convenient, with ample parking. The facility was clean, comfortable, and all the equipment was in great condition. I honestly don't have a single bad thing to say.
As I never ended up needing fertility treatment, I was just charged for the initial diagnosis appointment, and a followup ultrasound appointment after I became pregnant.
Los Gatos

Due to my diagnosis with PCOS Dr Homer prescribed Femera, not Clomid that my previous Dr had me on. It worked our first two cycles on it and I'm so grateful that he customized our treatment for my condition... I got pregnant the first cycle. It was a tough experience as we learned that I miscarried at our first appointment, but Dr Homer was right there for us, helping me through the medication to have the miscarriage at home, no DNC required thankfully. He even called me the next day, On a Saturday, to check in on me, it meant the world to me.
Dr Homer was incredible throughout our entire experience, start to finish. In the first meeting we immediately bonded with him, he experience medically and personally helped us instill trust in him pretty much right away. We enjoyed meeting with him and he took so much time with us to explain the whole process and what he could do for us. I had previously visited another Dr who prescribed Clomid and incorrectly told me I did not have PCOS, she was prepared to up my prescription of Clomid to 100mg after 3 failed cycles. At that point I chose to move to see Dr. Homer and I look back all the time and am grateful we made that decision. At my first ultrasound with Dr. Homer he immediately confirmed I was a classic case of PCOS. From there he made the decision to not go forward with Clomid but to switch to Femera. I got pregnant the first cycle. It was a tough experience as we learned that I miscarried at our first appointment, but Dr Homer was right there for us, helping me through the medication to have the miscarriage at home, no DNC required thankfully. He even called me the next day, On a Saturday, to check in on me, it meant the world to me. He was a partner throughout the entire process and never shyed away from the tough stuff. After that, I had many weeks with blood appointments to check my Hcg, which took it's sweet time in going down. I think I tested 3-4 weeks in a row before we gave it a rest for a couple weeks and tested again. It took about 2 months to get it completely gone so we could start trying again. Dr Homer put me on my second cycle with Femera and sure enough we got pregnant on the first try again, I simply couldn't believe it. the first few months were pretty grueling, always expecting something to go wrong. I was terrified for my first ultrasound. Dr Homer was perfectly matching my optimism but also completely respecting and mirroring my cautious excitement. Once he got in there and saw the heartbeat he took a minute to confirm before he gave me the good news. My husband and I were ecstatic and so was he. We had the best appointment and were so endlessly grateful for his partnership and guidance. After that we had a 2 week trip to Ireland and I couldnt wait to come home to get another hopefully good screen. We could have switched to an OB at that time, but we werent ready to leave Dr Homer. We came back from the trip and got to see the baby grown quite a bit, arms and legs and most importantly a strong heartbeat. Dr Homer gave us hugs of congratulations and his staff gave us so many well wishes on our way out the door. Dr Homer even helped me find a new OB which was a big deal for us and we've now met her and absolutely love her! I of course would prefer to stay with Dr Homer if it were a possibility, but because it's not we're thrilled to have her. I can't say enough good things about Dr Homer, without him I dont think this experience ever could have worked as quickly and certainly wouldn't have been so pleasant.
Don't wait to get engaged with Reproductive Science Center, you need to get care from a Dr and a clinic who know what they're talking about with Fertility.
Dr Homer was incredible throughout our entire experience, start to finish. In the first meeting we immediately bonded with him, he experience medically and personally helped us instill trust in him pretty much right away. We enjoyed meeting with him and he took so much time with us to explain the whole process and what he could do for us. He was a partner throughout the entire process and never shyed away from the tough stuff, we had to go through some hard times and he was always thorough and supportive with us, telling us exactly what we needed and wanted to know, respectfully and politely. I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Homer. I met with one other Dr while Dr Homer was out, she did my follicle scan and she was absolutely delightful and encouraging as well. The support staff was also pretty outstanding, always trying to be supportive and prompt, it was much appreciated.
I didn't have a ton of exposure to the nursing team, unless Judi is part of that team? She was outstanding and generally supported me over the phone and through the portal. I did see a nurse for one of my follicle scans and she was outstanding as well, sorry I dont know her name.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic was in a good location, clean and pleasant to visit. there were some weaknesses we discovered once we left and went to our OB at Los Olivos with getting our paperwork sent over. We confirmed to have it sent over at our last RSC appointment and i called the day before my OB appt to make sure paperwork was sent. Then at my first OB appointment they were still missing all my blood work.
We had a pretty substantial cost for the ultrasounds each month. Also the only thing I was really caught off guard by was when I needed to come in for weekly blood draws for my Hcg levels, I was anxious to hear results so it was recommended that I do the draws at RSC so i could get same day results. Unfortunately after a few draws I found out that my coverage didnt extend to those blood draws and i needed to go to a LabCorp, so I got charged way more than expected for those visits and that was really disappointing.

IUI, 1 IVF
I believe doctors should know it all yet they should not be so overpowering that you can't confide in them with your silliest of things, your fears and your apprehensions which with Doctor Homer i never felt that way, all i can say he is the best thing that happened for my IVF journey...Dr. Homer is the best. Me and my husband were fortunate that we found him. Since the very first appointment, we found him very considerate, professional and yet very friendly. He was very transparent,always answered all of questions(which i did ask a lot, thanks to google), understanding and honest. We knew all the risks and chances of success associated with the treatment yet we were never in doubt just because of Dr. Homer's positive attitude. With only 1 healthy embryo at hand, it was him who showed confidence in our confidence to move forward with the transfer cycle. We were lucky that it worked
IUI, 1 IVF
Dr. Homer is the best. Me and my husband were fortunate that we found him. Since the very first appointment, we found him very considerate, professional and yet very friendly. He was very transparent,always answered all of questions(which i did ask a lot, thanks to google), understanding and honest. We knew all the risks and chances of success associated with the treatment yet we were never in doubt just because of Dr. Homer's positive attitude. With only 1 healthy embryo at hand, it was him who showed confidence in our confidence to move forward with the transfer cycle. We were lucky that it worked out for us but if it hadn't, our feedback about him wouldn't have changed. My message to everyone who is looking for an IVF treatment is that "Dr Homer is someone who you can rely on and he will do everything whats necessary and right for you and you would never feel that your efforts were for nothing." He is very considerate, spends time in understanding their patients, and has sense of humor which will light your bad day. He smiles at problems which gives you confidence that no matter what you can get through every problem.I believe doctors should know it all yet they should not be so overpowering that you can't confide in them with your silliest of things, your fears and your apprehensions which with Doctor Homer i never felt that way, all i can say he is the best thing that happened for my IVF journey.
Be honest and forthcoming with him and do let him know your expectations about the treatment so that he can have all the information and decide the best course of treatment for you
He was considerate, understanding and professional yet very friendly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Patty Roberts )
Patti and all the staff were awesome, they were on top of my case and knew every detail without looking at my file all the time. They were considerate, loving, caring and understanding
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
We found everything perfect about the clinic. The best thing about it is that they were always on schedule and they never wasted our time
Los Gatos

We did PGS testing on our embryos and since we did not want twins, Dr. Homer strongly recommended against transferring 2 PGS tested embryos and sufficiently educated us on the trade offs of both situations... I instantly felt comfortable and in good hands when we had our first consult. He was patient, took his time explaining things, and had good humor through a very personal and difficult journey...
European, East Asian
I feel very lucky to have had Dr. Homer as my doctor. Since the first meeting I knew I was in good hands. I had lots and lots of questions and he was able to answer everything. He was very professional yet had the sense of humor you really need to get through this process - some doctors can be too serious making an already difficult experience worse. My husband and I both felt very comfortable with Dr. Homer. He really took the extra time and steps to make sure we had the best chances for a successful IVF journey. I have already recommended a few people to Dr. Homer and will continue to do so!
Just be very transparent with what your expectations are and do not be afraid to ask LOTS of questions or joke a bit and make light of things : )
Dr. Homer was great. I instantly felt comfortable and in good hands when we had our first consult. He was patient, took his time explaining things, and had good humor through a very personal and difficult journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Judi Mecchella)
Judi and the staff were amazing. Judi is extremely knowledgeable on the entire process and was very caring, patient and kind through the whole thing. I was always able to get a hold of someone whether it was about appts (which you have a lot of) test results, dealing with insurance, medications etc...
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
I started back in 2017 and the clinic was in transition to the new location in Los Gatos. I had a few appts in San Ramon which would have been nice to have done closer to home (San Jose). I had a great experience with Judi and the nurses but the Finance department could use a little help.
Los Gatos

We met Dr. Homer after trying for more than 2 years without success. Before we met, I was skeptical. I worried that he was too young and inexperienced. But he quickly proved me wrong. He answered all our questions and concerns, explained to us all our options (IUI and IVF) with risk and success rate, and suggested us to go with IUI first....he found out that I had polyps in the uterus, which caused me to bleed in between periods and reduced my success rate. After a successful surgery performed by Dr. Homer and 2 failing IUI, we decided to move on to IVF.
We met Dr. Homer after trying for more than 2 years without success. Before we met, I was skeptical. I worried that he was too young and inexperienced. But he quickly proved me wrong. He answered all our questions and concerns, explained to us all our options (IUI and IVF) with risk and success rate, and suggested us to go with IUI first. During our treatment, he found out that I had polyps in the uterus, which caused me to bleed in between periods and reduced my success rate. After a successful surgery performed by Dr. Homer and 2 failing IUI, we decided to move on to IVF. We got 3 healthy embryos and one of them got transferred successfully. Me and my husband were ecstatic. After trying for 3 years, our dream had finally come true, thanks to Dr. Homer. He was very professional, knowledgable, yet very friendly and funny. He also had wonderful bedside manner. I was very happy to graduate from RSC, yet was sad to leave Dr. Homer. Hopefully we will see him again for our next baby in about 2 years. I would recommend Dr. Homer to everyone who considers infertility treatment.
Don't wait, call Dr. Homer now.
Dr. Homer is professional yet have a sense of humor. He is knowledgable yet very friendly. And he is also considerate and have a good bedside manner.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Overall a good experience. RSC has good facilities, and the San Jose office is at a convenient location. Nurses were great. Judi was on top off things. The only thing that I would like to see improvement is the financial department. We keep getting bills that was not correct.
Dr. Homer strong suggested us to do single embryo transfer due to the success rate being >60% and the risk of having twins with multiple embryo transfer.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Homer really cares about his patients and is extremely invested in their care. He has the best bed-side manner. He will always make time to consult with me and explain our odds and the process. ... Dr Homer is very compassionate. ... He has also performed two surgeries in effort to determine the cause of my unexplained infertility. ... He is a great communicator, able to explain details in full. He is also very honest with your chances and recommended treatments.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Homer is very compassionate. He is a great communicator, able to explain details in full. He is also very honest with your chances and recommended treatments. He has also performed two surgeries in effort to determine the cause of my unexplained infertility.
Go see him!
We did 3 egg retrievals with different meds. The first 2 cycles were cancelled and the last didn’t result in any embryos on day 5. Meds used were gonal f, cetrotide, menopur, lupron, ovidrel, etc. Half the IUI cycles used clomid and the other half used letrazole. I also used progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Salina)
I worked with many nurses during my treatments. They were all very friendly and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Most communication is done through email, but results are given over the phone. On weekends you go to the San Ramon office. All of the doctors and nurses are great there as well. The staff is all great. I would highly recommend this clinic.
For ivf we did a 2 treatment package through attain for ~$25k. Our IUIs were less than $300 each cycle.
Los Gatos

[Dr. Michael Homer had] Great explanations, addressed concerns in a caring manner... Quick communication re: results, explained things in a way that was relatable. Would definitely recommend to others. I saw him for my initial fertility workup and for my saline sonogram. My IUI was performed at another clinic by another nurse, same with cycle monitoring ultrasounds
European, East Asian
Quick communication re: results, explained things in a way that was relatable. Would definitely recommend to others. I saw him for my initial fertility workup and for my saline sonogram. My IUI was performed at another clinic by another nurse, same with cycle monitoring ultrasounds.
Be prepared with questions, research potential treatments beforehand if possible so you can get the most out of your time with him.
Great explanations, addressed concerns in a caring manner
My ultrasound and labs showed no fertility issues, other than a small fibroid. For fertility treatments, he recommended a natural cycle IUI which is what I was hoping to do. He did not oversell diagnostic procedures, and was able to proceed with treatment during my next cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey Smith)
Lindsey was great at following up and responding to questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
All patients using donor sperm have to go to the San Ramon clinic for IUI/IVF because that is where they store sperm. Also, weekend monitoring services are also only at San Ramon. But they are open every day, including Christmas, so if you are ovulating on a holiday, you will be seen.
IUI w/ cycle monitoring - $880

3 IUI, IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Homer made my experience great. I was so discouraged at many points in time and he helped me get through it. He never let me give up. ... I was not responding well to IUI and femara. We moved on to ivf. When the first set of medication was not getting us a good result, he immediately changed my protocol, went over options for supplements and took his time with getting us the best result.
European, Black or African-American, Native American
3 IUI, IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Dr Homer made my experience great. I was so discouraged at many points in time and he helped me get through it. He never let me give up. We always had a plan when things didn’t go the way we thought. I never would have thought we would be able to have a baby and now we have our perfect son.
Be open and he will be honest.
Dr Homer called me personally and has kept me informed with every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Billing can be unbearable but they are trying. Suzi at the front is sweet and caring and optimistic. All the techs are knowledgeable and patient. I don’t think our experience would have been as good if we went somewhere else. Everything was drawn out and explained. I never felt like it was hopeless.
He recommended one at a time because multiples become high risk and I had my own risk factors (fibroids, age).
Michael Vance Homer

I have nothing but good comments for [Dr. Michael Vance Homer]. He's very caring, thoughtful, and thorough. He walked us through steps by steps. He made sure we understand our risks and choices, how long the procedure might be. He cheered for us and sad for us when there was a hiccups...He's passionate about this profession. He cares about his patient and was very thoughtful...Be positive, if there's a will, there's a way.
I have nothing but good comments for Dr. Homer. He's very caring, thoughtful, and thorough. He walked us through steps by steps. He made sure we understand our risks and choices, how long the procedure might be. He cheered for us and sad for us when there was a hiccups.
Be positive, if there's a will, there's a way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Judi)
Everyone there was very professional and sweet toward us.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
I like the old office more than the new office. The new office is bigger, so it's spread out. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. I was a newbie about the injection and the type of medication, so I often had to go back to re-read the email instruction that sent out by their office. I'm so glad they did or I would have called them 5x per day for the first week.