5.2

Foster City
1098 Foster City Boulevard
Foster City, CA 94404

2018 - 2021, Unsuccessful
Homer constantly referred me to the unfriendly case manager. Our transfer resulted in miscarriage and Homer has not contacted us to say anything...No personalized treatment plan...He did not perform my mock transfer or transfer. He only performed surgery to remove polyps. I don’t believe he read my previous medical records and just prescribed a standard protocol. He also over prescribed antibiotics which I questioned. No discussion was had just told me through case manager to not take. Very impersonal...
Twice the ultrasound technician [at Reproductive Science Center] did not know how to use the wand and put it in the wrong area which was embarrassing and uncomfortable...appointments are on time and i never had to wait. Billing was an uphill battle so be prepared to work hard at being a mediator between your insurance and rsc...They are understaffed and have too many clients...they schedule your blood draws at 7:30am, transfer and surgery are in San Ramon not Los Gatos...
How was your experience with Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
He did not perform my mock transfer or transfer. He only performed surgery to remove polyps. I don’t believe he read my previous medical records and just prescribed a standard protocol. He also over prescribed antibiotics which I questioned. No discussion was had just told me through case manager to not take. Very impersonal. Bed side manner was ok but not note worthy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
Question everything he prescribes. Double check and make sure he reviews your previous medical records. Push him to explain everything to you. Make him tell you the odds of success. He made us think this was going to be a guaranteed success. Or simply ask for another doctor with more experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
No phone calls with case manager, only email communication. Homer constantly referred me to the unfriendly case manager. Our transfer resulted in miscarriage and Homer has not contacted us to say anything. He got our money and we got a miscarriage. He has not contacted us at it’s been over a week. We feel like a number and not treated humanely. No personalized treatment plan. We got a blanket treatment plan without my previous medical records being considered.
Describe the protocols Michael Vance Homer used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
Pio once a day, vaginal inserts x2day, estrodol 4X a day. No explanation or rationale explained just do it attitude from case manager. Prescribed 5 days of antibiotics before and after transfer just in case infection. I argued rationale and they just said nevermind. I had successfully transfer bit six week scan showed no development. I had to induce a miscarriage
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel )
3rd party new hire case manager. Never spoke to her on the phone. Made inappropriate jokes (insensitive)when trying to start my cycle. She made mistakes with my prescription which sent me to my friends asking if anyone had Lupron to spare. She did the bare minimum and showed no care for me as a human being. Never contacted me when i had a panic attack and never contacted me to see how i was doing at any point in the process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The only strength is that appointments are on time and i never had to wait. Billing was an uphill battle so be prepared to work hard at being a mediator between your insurance and rsc. The toilet doesn’t always flush in LG and the chairs in waiting area are uncomfortable, they schedule your blood draws at 7:30am, transfer and surgery are in San Ramon not Los Gatos. This is a mentally difficult process and rsc did not help alleviate this but added to our stress. They are understaffed and have too many clients. We did not get the quality service we were expecting.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center.
Total around 15k for one transfer
Describe Michael Vance Homer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
Due to my age they only do single transfer
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
Case manager called in my prescription a week too late and i had to borrow meds from a friend. She blamed me for the error because I rescheduled my surgery. Dr. Homer told me to stop BC when I should not have stopped. He caught his error and apologized. Toilet dident flush which was embarrassing. Twice the ultrasound technician did not know how to use the wand and put it in the wrong area which was embarrassing and uncomfortable. Day of transfer the doctor did not look at my mock transfer notes and used the wrong size speculum. During a lining check they had me lay on a torn up damaged table which was cutting into my skin during the exam. Fighting billing telling us our insurance does not cover certain things when it did.
Los Gatos

Immediately he [Dr. Homer] said our chances of conceiving naturally were 1%. This was a very quick diagnosis. He thought if we wanted to do IUIs to try three on clomid. We pushed back and asked for 3 natural with HCG and he was willing only to do 3. After that he wanted to start us on clomid. During the time there were no other blood tests performed, which I hoped to get some more answers. We took 5 months off to give ourselves a break and just started up again and requested the HSG test.
$500-800 for initial visit and sonogram [at Reproductive Science Center], $1000 per IUI, $300 HSG, acupuncture done outside of clinic.... They care about getting pregnant results fast. They don’t always take the time to trust the patient knowing their body and come up with some wholistic approaches...They [nurses] were friendly. I always had someone else helping me and often would meet the doctor performing my IUI that same day. They were all kind but I never had Dr. Homer doing the procedures.
He was helpful at taking time with us and understanding where we were at. I appreciated his expertise and his reputation. I wished he would have worked with me a little better on non-medicated treatments and look more into blood work. I’ve had many friends have way more blood work done than me, a day 3 cycle test which I have not had done, nor hormone testing on certain days of my cycle or during IUIs.
If you are ready to jump all in and haven’t done too much research on your own or know much about your body and just are ready to get pregnant no matter what, he is a great doctor. I want to get pregnant while doing it in the most natural and healthy way for how my body is currently responding.
He was kind and took time with me. Though he wanted me to do full medication, after some advocating for myself he allowed me to try only HCG injections without clomid. They weren’t positive or encouraging about me doing it this way which made me feel a little unsupported, but at least were will to try 3.
Immediately he said our chances of conceiving naturally were 1%. This was a very quick diagnosis. He thought if we wanted to do IUIs to try three on clomid. We pushed back and asked for 3 natural with HCG and he was willing only to do 3. After that he wanted to start us on clomid. During the time there were no other blood tests performed, which I hoped to get some more answers. We took 5 months off to give ourselves a break and just started up again and requested the HSG test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
They were friendly. I always had someone else helping me and often would meet the doctor performing my IUI that same day. They were all kind but I never had Dr. Homer doing the procedures.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Very expensive. I wish insurance covered more. They have good success rates and quality doctors. They care about getting pregnant results fast. They don’t always take the time to trust the patient knowing their body and come up with some wholistic approaches.
$500-800 for initial visit and sonogram, $1000 per IUI, $300 HSG, acupuncture done outside of clinic but for my treatments
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
I was told that there were no appointments left that morning and wouldn’t arrive in time so needed to administer the shot on my own without them doing a sonogram. So i was told to go ahead and give myself the HCG shot for the procedure the next day. 30 min after I did the shot and they left a message saying they were canceling my appointment because they didn’t realize my blood work hadn’t come through and hadn’t been sent to them. So I took the shot ready for my appointment the next day and it got cancelled on me through a voicemail message. It was overwhelming and shocking as my first experience.