Nurse available by email
Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolTel Aviv U.
ResidencyMount Sinai
Tarzana, CA 91356
Thousand Oaks
415 Rolling Oaks Dr
Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Vermesh to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Center for Fertility & Gynecology to a friend?
2019 - 2020
On my first consultation, Dr Vermesh assess my ovaries to see how many eggs I had, then he check the lining of the uterus, during consultation he orders blood test for both me and my husband, I was told that my reproductive system was that of a 30yr old, so that made me feel it was going to work,he mention fibroids but they were too small to cause any problems. He then discuss a plan then you sit with Finance to discuss the terms. That routine continues only that Dr. Vermesh started consulting during the scan so there's no sitting down to discuss anything, priscriptions are written out by the nurses with instructions. During egg retrieval and transfers, I believe he should use someone with more steady hands and maybe supervise. He also hard sell a self made treatment that suppose to help with autoimmune illnesses at $500 during retrieval and transfer. I am disappointed because after two fails and over 50K lost with 7 high quality embryos, he was ready to start a third round, I said that's it I have no more money, then he said to see my doctor for the fibroids I had. I felt somewhat exploited.
The clinic [Center for Fertility and Gynecology] have a good doctor who is certainly overbooked...At first the treatment was great and after my first failed ivf the treatment changed to more like a Financial transactions, I feel like they weren't telling me the truth about my chances...Wrong dose of estrogen was prescribed... they take on a lot of patience so quality of care slips down the drain, be persistent and write your questions down.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Michael Vermesh at The Center for Fertility & Gynecology?
He's a good doctor. I believe that he would do more for his patients but the main focus for the clinic seems to be revenue and something just was a little suspicious, I just can't put my finger on it, overall I believe he have the skills but something is holding him back.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Vermesh at The Center for Fertility & Gynecology?
Don't be overlooked, they take on a lot of patience so quality of care slips down the drain, be persistent and write your questions down.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Vermesh at The Center for Fertility & Gynecology?
Describe the protocols Michael Vermesh used in your cycles at The Center for Fertility & Gynecology and their degree of success.
I understand that they can't get personal so it didn't work or it's a negative result as a response is expected.
Describe your experience with The Center for Fertility & Gynecology.
The clinic have a good doctor who is certainly overbooked, I don't know if that's how all fertility clinic work but desperate people are spending their life saving, so I think upfront honesty about your condition should be assessed and not to trade off of false hopes. Were already going trough an emotional roller coaster.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Vermesh at The Center for Fertility & Gynecology.
$10,900 + medication about 7 to 9K more
Describe Michael Vermesh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Center for Fertility & Gynecology.
I was surprised when he chooses to transfer all my remaining high quality embryos.
What specific things went wrong at The Center for Fertility & Gynecology?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Vermesh at The Center for Fertility & Gynecology.

He [Dr. Vermesh] just aspirated cysts as necessary and we kept going. This is ideal at my age as every cycle mattered. He is caring, sensitive and has an excellent bedside matter. I had seen other IVF doctors who were very scientific and clinical which was intimidating and left me confused and frustrated. I would recommend him to relatives and friends in a heartbeat.
The only thing I can think of is it would be great if their [Ctr for Fert and Gyn] lab was onsite so that I could get my blood work results sooner than 5pm but that really hasn't been an issue for me. This staff is so personable. The office is quiet and anxiety-free ... I love this staff: Tiffany, Juliana and Zenia. They are sweet, personable, knowledgable experienced, sensitive and hopeful. They communicate clearly and call back when I leave a message.
My only regret is that I didn't go to him first! He has experience with women my age was very helpful to me. He didn't waste any time like my previous doctor had [pausing for cysts to go away, etc.]. He just aspirated cysts as necessary and we kept going. This is ideal at my age as every cycle mattered. He is caring, sensitive and has an excellent bedside matter. I had seen other IVF doctors who were very scientific and clinical which was intimidating and left me confused and frustrated. I would recommend him to relatives and friends in a heartbeat.
Make sure he is thorough with his ultrasounds. On a few occasions we missed a follicle on my left side since that ovary is very challenging to locate sometimes.
Dr Vermesh carefully considered my history and was sensitive to my feelings about my miscarriages and reminded me to nit be discouraged as I had more progress [more eggs that fertilized, etc. ] with my previous doctor one year prior.
He recommended doing natural ivf cycles [no stims] as the meds only seemed to suppress me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Fertility & Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Zenia)
I love this staff: Tiffany, Juliana and Zenia. They are sweet, personable, knowledgable experienced, sensitive and hopeful. They communicate clearly and call back when I leave a message. My previous doctor's staff was never reachable, never consistent [there was a new nurse it seemed every week whom I had to "start over with" every time I had a question or issue. That is NOT THE CASE WITH THIS STAFF. I really love and appreciate all of them!
Describe your experience with The Center for Fertility & Gynecology.
I can't think of any weaknesses honestly. [I can for my previous clinic so this is not me being lazy!]. The only thing I can think of is it would be great if their lab was onsite so that I could get my blood work results sooner than 5pm but that really hasn't been an issue for me. This staff is so personable. The office is quiet and anxiety-free. [Unlike my last clinic!] You are not just another number here. You are a respected patient undergoing a profoundly difficult experience and are treated like so!
A round is approx $6900. He offers 3 rounds at a discounted rate of $8500 + additional fees [lab, anesthesia, ICSI, etc.] a la carte as needed.
I have one frozen embryo from a previous doctor which he said he could add to an existing fresh transfer or do on its own whenever we're ready. He personally has seen more success with fresh so we are going for that while I am still hopeful [and not quite over it yet!] and waiting to transfer fresh in the future.
+ Read more- Read less

Both my husband and I have felt 100 percent at east with Dr. Vermesh from day one. He answers every single question without making you feel like you are dumb, and he will explain in layman’s terms when needed. ... Dr. Vermesh informed me when he thought I would ovulate, and “prescribed” timed intercourse. I was skeptical based on our previous history, but it worked. ... While seeing him we had a loss, and he was so empathetic and caring throughout the experience.
The clinic [Center for Fertility and Gynecology] has a calming environment. It’s peaceful, and does not feel too sterile or medical like. It was a little confusing to find the first time based on where it’s located with all the medical buildings nearby. They do not validate, but it isn’t usually too much money. ... I have primarily worked with Zenia [nurse]. She is compassionate and caring, and is awesome with a needle! You can’t feel a thing when she draws blood. She is also fast at responding to emails and calls.
Prior to seeing Dr. Vermesh we had a different RE. While the previous RE was straightforward and polite, showing some empathy, we never felt at ease. Both my husband and I have felt 100 percent at east with Dr. Vermesh from day one. He answers every single question without making you feel like you are dumb, and he will explain in layman’s terms when needed.
Don’t be afraid to ask your questions because he will answer them all for you.
He is compassionate and caring. While seeing him we had a loss, and he was so empathetic and caring throughout the experience. He has made me feel comfortable from day one.
We had gone in for an initial consult for IVF. We have unexplained infertility. We had previously one medicated cycle and 3 medicated IUIs with our precious RE. This is the first consult I’ve had that I recited an ultrasound at the first visit. Dr. Vermesh informed me when he thought I would ovulate, and “prescribed” timed intercourse. I was skeptical based on our previous history, but it worked. Sadly that pregnancy ended in miscarriage, but it gave us hope. We are continuing to try naturally again (with monitored cycles) with the idea that IVF is still on the table if needed.
I am still getting to know everyone there, but so far they have all been fantastic. I have primarily worked with Zenia. She is compassionate and caring, and is awesome with a needle! You can’t feel a thing when she draws blood. She is also fast at responding to emails and calls.
Describe your experience with The Center for Fertility & Gynecology.
The clinic has a calming environment. It’s peaceful, and does not feel too sterile or medical like. It was a little confusing to find the first time based on where it’s located with all the medical buildings nearby. They do not validate, but it isn’t usually too much money. And if the visit is quick enough, you don’t end up owing anything.
My insurance covers nothing. His consult I believe was $250-$300. Ultrasounds are $250 each. I also did a lipid drip, and that was $500 I believe. Bloodwork was $70 for progesterone.
+ Read more- Read less

After talking to several other doctors, we felt like he [Dr. Vermesh] presented the same exact information but with such a kinder spirit. I am in my 40s and although it’s a factor, he never treats me as if I’m nuts for wanting a baby. I feel respected and well taken care of at this office. ... We started with natural IUI. When that was unsuccessful, we tried IUI with injectibles. Unfortunately, that was also unsuccessful. But we appreciate that he was willing to try these less involved procedures before even suggesting IVF. We had reservations about taking a big financial and emotional leap without having tried anything else first.
The entire office staff [Center for Fertility and Gynecology] is warm and friendly. The office is warm and inviting. We do have to pay for parking; but I feel it’s worth it. I have no complaints and feel confident we are with the right office. ... The nurses are amazing. Friendly and positive. Also compassionate when a cycle doesn’t work. Great follow up skills when we were doing injectibles. ...
Dr Vermesh is the first doctor we’ve met that is open to our potential. We had a previous experience that was very negative. We felt like donor eggs were our only option, and the doctor made us feel bad about ourselves and our situation. Dr Vermesh is just as hopeful as we are. He gives us his professional opinion, but always takes into account our thoughts and feelings. I believe he is truly the best match for us and will help us have our baby some day.
Be honest and ask questions. He will offer his advice, but is also open to hearing your thoughts.
After talking to several other doctors, we felt like he presented the same exact information but with such a kinder spirit. I am in my 40s and although it’s a factor, he never treats me as if I’m nuts for wanting a baby. I feel respected and well taken care of at this office.
We started with natural IUI. When that was unsuccessful, we tried IUI with injectibles. Unfortunately, that was also unsuccessful. But we appreciate that he was willing to try these less involved procedures before even suggesting IVF. We had reservations about taking a big financial and emotional leap without having tried anything else first. We feel like he is helping us through our journey to come up with the best solution for us and even if the previous IUIs did not work, each cycle we learn more which will eventually help us in making our baby a reality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Fertility & Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Xenia and Julianna )
Describe your experience with The Center for Fertility & Gynecology.
The entire office staff is warm and friendly. The office is warm and inviting. We do have to pay for parking; but I feel it’s worth it. I have no complaints and feel confident we are with the right office.
Costs were typical for LA area. Office visits are $250 but there are packages available depending on treatment.
+ Read more- Read less

He is very knowledgeable and makes me feel confident in my decision to go with him. He clearly lays out what the path will be and if we need to change course he clearly explains what to do next. He is on call for emergencies and easy to get a hold of.... We did an IVF cycle with Dr. Vermesh. I was on 2-3 injectables prior to egg retrieval. For the transfer he had me on progesterone (injectables), estrogen tablets (build and sustain uterine lining, estrogen patches (tablets alone were not enough), and baby aspirin. I am supposed to be continuing those until I am about 9.5 weeks pregnant.
The nursing staff [Center for Fertility & Gynecology] are wonderful. They are the ones that are there from start to finish. They organize everything for you and explain any further questions you might have. They make sure when taking your medications that you know which day, how much, and such. They are extremely organized and they know your name when you enter. You build a relationship with them and you don't feel like a number.
Both Dr. Vermesh and the entire office treat you like they have all the time in the world for you. They are kind and know your name and don't rush you though like cattle..
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Fertility & Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
The nursing staff are wonderful. They are the ones that are there from start to finish. They organize everything for you and explain any further questions you might have. They make sure when taking your medications that you know which day, how much, and such. They are extremely organized and they know your name when you enter. You build a relationship with them and you don't feel like a number.
Describe your experience with The Center for Fertility & Gynecology.
They answer the phone EVERY TIME (during office hours). You don't have to go through an automated message which is so important when you start to panic about the unknown that is going on with you. They are friendly and courteous and treat you as an individual.
In total including all medication, procedures, and follow up visits after getting pregnant I would say we spent close to $20,000-$25,000 for an IVF cycle that included the transfer, PGD testing, ICSI, and assisted hatching.
Due to my age he decided 1 would be best as we had a high percentage of twins.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Vermesh] was a doctor that analyzed you first and checked his patients to make sure what was the best procedure for them he would sit down and talk to you about step-by-step what he thought that was best for his patients .... He will try to make your experience successful... Day 3 through 7 Clomid day 3 through 11 gonal-f 1200 trigger the following day because doctor thought I was going to ovulate before he got to retrieval so made my appointment a day earlier or retrieval retrieved 20 eggs 12 mature 10 fertilized 5 today 5 with two early Blast 2 very early blast and one morula...
They [Ctr for Fert and Gyn - Tarz] wanted to overcharge me on some lab work that I have done already with them they wouldn't call my prescription sometimes on time sometimes lab that needed to get done with through my insurance they would not fax over on time and a lot of times I had to call myself to see about my results because they would forget to call me back... $5,250 for when cycle plus we had to pay for labs were about 1000 and ICSI was 1500 plus OP room and Anesthesia for IVF was 1150 plus assisted hatching was 700
He was a doctor that analyzed you first and checked his patients to make sure what was the best procedure for them he would sit down and talk to you about step-by-step what he thought that was best for his patients .
He will try to make your experience successful
I felt like a human
Day 3 through 7 Clomid day 3 through 11 gonal-f 1200 trigger the following day because doctor thought I was going to ovulate before he got to retrieval so made my appointment a day earlier or retrieval retrieved 20 eggs 12 mature 10 fertilized 5 today 5 with two early Blast 2 very early blast and one morula so cancelled transfer for day 6 basics had one 4ab two 4ba and 2 arrested doctor wanted to transfer back 2 but didn't have money to freeze the third one so I asked him if he could transfer back to three right now it's too early to tell if if anything was a success
Nurses wear kind of a get patient in and get patient out type of thing and they also didn't know how to draw blood
Describe your experience with The Center for Fertility & Gynecology.
Strengths are the doctors are very knowledgeable about their procedures and they also want the best success for their patients weakness I have to say staff that works with them are not really good they don't do their job right they're more like they see a person as a dollar sign instead of seeing a person as a human they also want to overcharge someone for procedures that were already paid for
he checks the embryos of his patients before he decides on how many he is going to transfer back
What specific things went wrong at The Center for Fertility & Gynecology?

2017 - 2020
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Vermesh is the head doctor and owner of the practice...We did an IVF procedure and retrieved 24 eggs, 15 fertilized and 8 made it to freeze...always made sure my partner and I were well informed and knew exactly what to expect... is very hands on and informative. He always makes sure you understand exactly what’s going on and explains it in ways you understand. He made our dreams of becoming Moms come true and we have a precious two year old and are trying for baby number 2.
They [The Center for Fertility & Gynecology] recommended doing single embryo transfer on our best graded embryos but we chose to transfer two each time. With our lower graded embryos they recommended transferring two...staff always made sure my partner and I were well informed and knew exactly what to expect...Tiffany [nurse] always answered all of my questions. Anytime I had any concerns I could email her and she would get back to me in a timely fashion.
2017 - 2020
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Vermesh is very hands on and informative. He always makes sure you understand exactly what’s going on and explains it in ways you understand. He made our dreams of becoming Moms come true and we have a precious two year old and are trying for baby number 2.
Nothing, he’s great.
Dr. Vermesh and bus staff always made sure my partner and I were well informed and knew exactly what to expect.
Dr. Vermesh is the head doctor and owner of the practice. When we first went to the practice we initially saw Dr. J. We did an IVF procedure and retrieved 24 eggs, 15 fertilized and 8 made it to freeze. I don’t remember the specifics it’s been 3 years since our retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Center for Fertility & Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany )
Tiffany always answered all of my questions. Anytime I had any concerns I could email her and she would get back to me in a timely fashion.
Describe your experience with The Center for Fertility & Gynecology.
Everyone at the clinic is nice and personable. We never had any issues. The prices are fair and the success rates are some of the best in the country. I don’t think the clinic has any weaknesses everything from the front desk staff to the physicians they’re all great.
Dr. Vermesh’s office is fair priced compared to other clinics in the area.
They recommended doing single embryo transfer on our best graded embryos but we chose to transfer two each time. With our lower graded embryos they recommended transferring two.

2012
During the actual transfer he [Dr. Michael Vermesh] was talking to his nurses about golf or something, while it was a very emotional time for me. I thought that was insensitive, but he when he saw me crying a bit -- he became for sensitive to the huge moment it was for me. All in all I have twins -- which a single pregnancy was the goal. I transferred two embryos, and feel very blessed. I was nervous to care for twins, but feel very fortunate.
$14,000 including medications -- maybe $8,000 to $10,000 no medications...all in all they were great, but I had limited care with. I lived in FL was there for 2 weeks for retrieval transfer rest. other care was in FL...I live in FL -- and was able to come to LA for treatments. LA doctors were more affordable then in my local FL area. The doctor was ok and enabled this for me. I saw a FL doctor to monitor egg growth before I came out -- while he got the results and evaluated them for my care. During the actual transfer he was talking to his nurses about golf or something, while it was a very emotional time for me. I thought that was insensitive, but he when he saw me crying a bit -- he became for sensitive to the huge moment it was for me. All in all I have twins -- which a single pregnancy was the goal. I transferred two embryos, and feel very blessed. I was nervous to care for twins, but feel very fortunate.
2012
This was done 5 years ago so hard to remember exactly. But my memory was neutral -- to good
I do not remember
$14,000 including medications -- maybe $8,000 to $10,000 no medications
2012 -- not sure if eSET was available. as I wanted a single -- but transferred two and had twins
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Vermesh] really wanted to help me but I just didn’t have the funds to continue the treatment he was recommending... He show compassion and was willing to work with me as much as possible it wasn’t like I was somebody just like a number I was like I was the actual person and showed me more information then went and the doctor has shared with me about my PCOS I didn’t really see any weaknesses for him I just wish I could’ve continued treatment but at the time I was a teacher and did not have the funding
The waiting room [Ctr for Fertility & Gyn] was very calm and relax the office looked amazing it was very calming The staff was very nice and friendly very open there is a beautiful view from the office window if you’re afraid of heights don’t sit by the window There is pamphlets for information that you could read why you waited... He [Dr. Vermesh] really wanted to help me but I just didn’t have the funds to continue the treatment he was recommending
Don’t set your expectations too high but don’t set them to low set them in the middle
He really wanted to help me but I just didn’t have the funds to continue the treatment he was recommending
Describe your experience with The Center for Fertility & Gynecology.
The waiting room was very calm and relax the office looked amazing it was very calming The staff was very nice and friendly very open there is a beautiful view from the office window if you’re afraid of heights don’t sit by the window There is pamphlets for information that you could read why you waited