Medical SchoolAlbert Einstein
FellowshipU of Cincinnati
1725 East 12th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11229
718-375-6400
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Zinger to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Long Island IVF to a friend?
I didn’t get to see Dr. Zinger much so I had to deal with the nurse who did 2 of my IUI’s.... Dr. Zinger was very nice during my 1st consultation. He was referred to me by my Gyn doctor at the time. Dr. Zinger gave me some informative information my 1st visit. After that I didn’t really deal with him much.... it will be nice if the doctors will be more involved instead of leaving it up to the nurses.
I was using donor sperm and for some reason the shipment got messed up so my husband had to go and get it. When he came back they [nurse - Long Island IVF] took it along with the paperwork. I waited for almost an hour before she came out yelling at me. She was say I did something to the paperwork basically accusing me of a crime. I was in shocked, confused and emotional on a full bladder.
How was your experience with Michael Zinger at Long Island IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Zinger at Long Island IVF?
I would say be prepared not to see him much. If you’re getting an IUI most likely he won’t be the one doing it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Zinger at Long Island IVF?
I didn’t get to see Dr. Zinger much so I had to deal with the nurse who did 2 of my IUI’s. She was just a cold person. She wouldn’t talk through any of the ultrasounds I had with her.
Describe the protocols Michael Zinger used in your cycles at Long Island IVF and their degree of success.
Two of my IUI cycles he had me on Clomid, progesterone suppository and Ovidrel 250mcg (trigger shot). One cycle I had to take letrozole because there was a shortage on clomid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Long Island IVF.
She’s a very cold person, she doesn’t communicate well during ultrasounds. She really only talk to you if you’re asking her a question. My last interaction with her was so horrible.
Describe your experience with Long Island IVF.
The strengths this clinic has is the woman who handles the billing. She was so helpful and nice to me every time. The weakness is the lack of communication they have with themselves and their patients. Also it will be nice if the doctors will be more involved instead of leaving it up to the nurses.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Zinger at Long Island IVF.
The only cost I had was for the medication and the donor sperm. With the medication I think I had to pay a $125 deductible.
What specific things went wrong at Long Island IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Long Island IVF.
The nurse at this location was so horrible. I was using donor sperm and for some reason the shipment got messed up so my husband had to go and get it. When he came back they took it along with the paperwork. I waited for almost an hour before she came out yelling at me. She was say I did something to the paperwork basically accusing me of a crime. I was in shocked, confused and emotional on a full bladder. My husband tried to calm her down by saying he will call the bank to find out what happened. She didn’t want any parts of us so she canceled the IUI. She said we will have to come back the next day. The ladies at the front desk were in shock as well on how she was acting. At this point I’m crying and embarrassed because she did this in the waiting area. The young ladies at the front desk kept apologizing on her behalf. I came back the next day thinking I was going to get my IUI done. I waited for almost 2 hours. Finally I get called to come into the back to sit in Dr. Zingers office not an exam room. He basically told me that due to the mixup with the paperwork for the donor sperm he doesn’t feel comfortable performing the IUI. I explained to him I understand that 100% but the way me and my husband was treated was unacceptable. I am not sure if she treated us this way because of the color of our skin or because husband is a trans man. I just know how extremely disrespectful this nurse was and how bad she made me feel. That was my last time there.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Zinger at Long Island IVF.

2018 - 2020
Dr Zinger was always in touch with me during the whole process. It was easy to communicate via email and phone. He answered all my questions regarding IUI and IVF process. When I had miscarriage, he was the one who comforted me and gave me a hope that everything will be fine. ... We used progesterone in oil and estrogen pills during my frozen embryo transfer. It worked but I miscarried on my 7th week.
My nurse Jackie was so passionate about the result! We communicate on the daily basis and I knew I can call and email her anytime ... It had good experience with monitoring appointments. I did my blood work and sonograms right before my work. They did not have lines, everything was done within 15 minutes. ... The clinic is pretty good and staff is always ready to help. I did my retrieval and transfers there. When dr Zinger performed my d&c I had a huge support from nurses. One weakness for me, I live to far from the clinic so I took days off to do all my procedures
2018 - 2020
How was your experience with Michael Zinger at Long Island IVF?
Ask as many questions as you need, he will always answer and explain everything that you need. Dr Zinger is experienced and knowledgeable.
He is very polite and has good bedside manner
Describe your experience with Long Island IVF.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Long Island IVF.
My IUI were covered with my insurance. Frozen IVF transfer is $4,500
Describe Michael Zinger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Long Island IVF.
Dr Zinger suggested to transfer one embryo at the time and I agreed with him because multiple pregnancy could be dangerous

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Anovulation, Unexplained
Michael zinger had great bedside manner. he was educated, knowledgeable. the only thing I would have wished he had done differently was opt in for the ICSI. he felt I would absolutely not need it, however we only got one fertilized egg out of 14. I wish he would have played it safer and done the ICSI.... office staff was warm and welcoming, knew us by name. available for questions. never rushed out of the office. was seen in a timely manner
the ckinic [Long Island IVF-Brooklyn] was clean, knowledgeable, organized, helpful, efficient parking right outside the clinic was no problem for early morning appts, scarce in the afternoon. there was a parking garage 1 block over.... [For monitoring] get to the office at 6am. a few minutes later there will be a line.... worked like a well oiled machine. 4 hour window for monitoring.
European, Latino, Native American, Other
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Zinger at Long Island IVF?
get to the office at 6am. a few minutes later there will be a line.
used follistim, menupur, ganirelix,
Describe your experience with your nurse at Long Island IVF.
great! No complaints at all.
Describe your experience with Long Island IVF.
the ckinic was clean, knowledgeable, organized, helpful, efficient parking right outside the clinic was no problem for early morning appts, scarce in the afternoon. there was a parking garage 1 block over
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Long Island IVF.
worked like a well oiled machine. 4 hour window for monitoring.
donor sperm, medication, a few copays. had coverage thru insurance at the time
didn't discuss, as I only had 1 embryo

2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
I felt everyone in Dr. Zingers office was invested in the success of my IVF. I also found Dr.Zinger to be very compassionate and respectful of my and my husbands struggle with infertility...I felt like she [my nurse] was there just for me. She made sure I understood everything.
When my first cycle failed they immediately advised me to start another cycle. My meds were ordered and delivered to me. They did not contact my insurance to see where my budget was. My insurance had run out for infertility services at some point during my first cycle. I was lucky that the pharmacy took the meds back and refunded my money. However, I was still responsible for approx. $4,000 worth of services.
2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
I felt everyone in Dr.Zingers office was invested in the success of my IVF. I also found Dr.Zinger to be very compassionate and respectful of my and my husbands struggle with infertility
Describe your experience with your nurse at Long Island IVF.
I felt like she was there just for me. She made sure I understood everything.
What specific things went wrong at Long Island IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Long Island IVF.
When my first cycle failed they immediately advised me to start another cycle. My melds were ordered and delivered to me. They did not contact my insurance to see where my budget was. My insurance had run out for infertility services at some point during my first cycle. I was lucky that the pharmacy took the meds back and refunded my money. However, I was still responsible for approx. $4,000 worth of services.
Melville
2005 - 2012
He was very kind and answered all of our questions. It is when we started our journey, so we were scared. He made us very comfortable....He was there through every consult and procedure. He explained every step. When the sperm count was too low he made sure we were connected with the best urologist. He honestly did everything he could and never made us felt like a number....Although Dr. Zinger is now on the East Coast, I would have recommend him to everyone. His bedside manner is second to none...Dr. Zinger and team really made sure all of our questions were answered and made us feel comfortable through each step..
When we went to this clinic [Adv IVF - Ch Miller] back in 2005, everyone was fantastic and took care of us. We were new on our journey and it was quite overwhelming. Dr. Zinger and team really made sure all of our questions were answered and made us feel comfortable through each step....e was there through every consult and procedure. He explained every step. When the sperm count was too low he made sure we were connected with the best urologist. He honestly did everything he could and never made us felt like a number...He was very kind and answered all of our questions. It is when we started our journey, so we were scared. He made us very comfortable.
2005 - 2012
How was your experience with Michael Zinger at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Zinger at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Zinger at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute?
Describe your experience with The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
When we went to this clinic back in 2005, everyone was fantastic and took care of us. We were new on our journey and it was quite overwhelming. Dr. Zinger and team really made sure all of our questions were answered and made us feel comfortable through each step.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Zinger at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
Fortunately, we had fantastic insurance while we lived in Illinois. We didn't have to worry about the costs.
The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute
Naperville
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Zinger at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute.