Medical SchoolUSC
Bellingham Satellite Location
3200 Squalicum Pkwy
Bellingham, WA 98225
877-938-2191
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michele Cho to a friend?

4.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
[Dr. Michele Cho] is GREAT about assessing the overall situation and making a recommendation as to how to proceed. Her initial guidance to us turned out to be the exact thing that worked. (It's our fault for wanting to try a more conservative approach first, which only delayed things....if we had listened to Michele in the first place, we'd already have a baby!)...When we first came to Michele, she looked at our case and recommended we do an embryo transfer, as we had 3 frozen embryos banked. However, we wanted to try a more conservative approach first, so we did several cycles of TE (with Letrazole and Gonal-F), which didn't work. Finally, we took her advice and tried the transfer, which worked on the first try!
[Seattle Reproductive Medicine is] EXTREMELY punctual. They break the stereotype of having to wait around at an appointment. I rarely waited more than 1-2 minutes when I arrived on time for an appointment. Next, all the staff are extremely warm, caring, and helpful, from the doctors, to the nursing staff, to the financial counselor (Robin...she is amazing). We had nothing but an absolutely fantastic experience at SRM Kirkland, and are grateful to the entire team there that so kindly helped us get to a successful pregnancy!
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Michele Cho is GREAT about assessing the overall situation and making a recommendation as to how to proceed. Her initial guidance to us turned out to be the exact thing that worked. (It's our fault for wanting to try a more conservative approach first, which only delayed things....if we had listened to Michele in the first place, we'd already have a baby!)
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Take Michele's advice....she knows what she's talking about!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Michelle Cho was extremely personable and knowledgeable - she inherited our case from another doctor who had retired, and took the time to familiarize herself with our background. She listened carefully to our goals, and worked with us to try an initial approach we were comfortable with. She was also great about asserting her opinion based on her expertise....she is extremely knowledgeable and knows what she is talking about. Under her guidance, we are now expecting a baby boy! I have the utmost confidence and trust in Michelle Cho, and would recommend her to anyone trying to conceive!
Describe the protocols Michele Cho used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Grace Hallas)
Grace Hallas is an absolute angel!!! She was my primary contact during the entire process of our working with SRM, and I must have called and/or emailed her a hundred times throughout the course of our treatment. She was SO caring, compassionate, quick to respond and help with anything and everything I had questions about. She would consult Dr. Cho if necessary, and always reply within the same day or even hours of my contacting her. I can't possibly say enough good things about Grace!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is hands-down the best medical experience I've had in my life. For starters, they are EXTREMELY punctual. They break the stereotype of having to wait around at an appointment. I rarely waited more than 1-2 minutes when I arrived on time for an appointment. Next, all the staff are extremely warm, caring, and helpful, from the doctors, to the nursing staff, to the financial counselor (Robin...she is amazing). We had nothing but an absolutely fantastic experience at SRM Kirkland, and are grateful to the entire team there that so kindly helped us get to a successful pregnancy!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I had some insurance coverage, which helped defray a lot of the costs.
+ Read more- Read less

If you want a personalized and hands on Dr. for your treatment the. I would go with someone else, but I do trust her [Dr. Michele Cho's] medical opinions and she has very good people skills and always takes the time to explain everything...We are just about to start stim for a freeze all for PGS & PGD testing due to MFI from polycystic kidney disease...it is hard to be treated by someone you only see once or twice for something this big. I would like to work more directly with her than be pushed off to the nursing staff.
I think SRM knows what they’re doing. They run large numbers and it limits 1:1 time with your doctor and care team. The impression I get is that they just want to run you through their streamlined processes and they are not set up to deal with more interaction...Office visits with my doctor were great, however rare. The majority of contact I have had has been through SRM’s email portal via Dr. Cho’s nurse. Many times I called to speak with the nurse only to go straight to voicemail and then not receiving a call back. On top of that, I have felt like I’m just getting g pushed through a system and things are getting missed.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I really like Dr. Cho and trust her medical opinions, however I think it is hard to be treated by someone you only see once or twice for something this big. I would like to work more directly with her than be pushed off to the nursing staff.
If you want a personalized and hands on Dr. for your treatment the. I would go with someone else, but I do trust her medical opinions and she has very good people skills and always takes the time to explain everything.
Not applicable as I’m currently in the process. We are just about to start stim for a freeze all for PGS & PGD testing due to MFI from polycystic kidney disease.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Justina (Tina))
Honestly I barely know her. I can never get a hold of her and am always being directed to the email portal. I’d prefer a nurse that was more engaged in my care and able to talk through things with me. Especially since I never get to talk to my doctor.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Not applicable as we have full insurance coverage
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Dr Cho will always give you respect and make you feel a part of the whole process...After our consultation Dr. Cho advised we should try a couple cycles of IUI. We scheduled our IUI and I was prescribed clomid. After the negative pregnancy test from the IUI Dr Cho recommended we do IVF with ICSI due to my depleted egg count and my husband's low count/low motility sperm...Prior to our egg retrieval Dr. Cho felt that we would be lucky to have 1-2 viable eggs. At that time we opted to have 2 eggs placed if that's all we would get, however reserved the right o change our minds at the time of implantation.
Our nurse care coordinator [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was extremely organized, communicated promptly and effectively and was always available when we needed her. If she was not going to be available she always made sure we knew so and who to get ahold of in her absence...From the 1st phone call to schedule a consultation to the billing department this team has been amazing. I can honestly say that we did not have 1 bad experience. We lived 90 miles from their nearest office and they always were able to work with our schedules and travel time. They also worked closely with our local OBGYN office and allowed us to do certain labs and tests closer to home to minimize travel. This office not only makes you feel like you are important but you get a sense of comroterity throughout every employee, every department and their multiple office locations.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Cho is not only.an exceptional doctor but human being. Her kind and calm manner made going through the difficulties of infertility feel almost normal. She knows how to deliver hard news with a positive upside and made sure that the great news was celebrated . I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Cho to anyone that has reproductive needs.
Be open and honest, there is no such thing as a silly question. Dr Cho will always give you respect and make you feel a part of the whole process.
Dr Cho always took as much time as we needed to answer our questions and made sure we understood every detail. She made us feel like we had known her forever and treated us like friends. She laughed with us, joked with us and her empathy through the sadder times was exactly what we needed.
After our consultation Dr. Cho advised we should try a couple cycles of IUI. We scheduled our IUI and I was prescribed clomid. After the negative pregnancy test from the IUI Dr Cho recommended we do IVF with ICSI due to my depleted egg count and my husband's low count/low motility sperm. She had my husband schedule with a fertility urologist to evaluate his sperm. His dr advised it was genetic and unfortunately was not a candidate for any treatment. We went ahead and scheduled IVF. Due to an estrogen producing uterine fibroid I had to go on birth control to suppress the fibroid. Once my estrogen levels were good I started a cycle of injections. Follistim 300 IU and 150 IU Menopur daily. Then Cetrotide .25 mg daily half way through cycle. Followed by the HCG trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katie Allbaugh)
Our nurse care coordinator was extremely organized, communicated promptly and effectively and was always available when we needed her. If she was not going to be available she always made sure we knew so and who to get ahold of in her absence.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We were blessed to have insurance who paid for one treatment of IVF. We maybe had a total out of cost of $1000. The medications needed were the most expensive part of the treatment and used almost the entirety of our benefits. Seattle Reproductive would have been very cost effective if we were to have paid out of pocket.
Describe Michele Cho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Prior to our egg retrieval Dr. Cho felt that we would be lucky to have 1-2 viable eggs. At that time we opted to have 2 eggs placed if that's all we would get, however reserved the right o change our minds at the time of implantation. The day of implantation our emryologyst advised that we did have 2 healthy embryos that were identical in shape, size and blastocyst. After discussion we opted to have 1 embryo transferred and 1 frozen for a later date to risk the chance of multiples and have healthier pregnancies.
Seattle
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Cho did no t treat me as a number. She was very personable. ... I was prescribed levothyroxine and metformin right off the bat. Also was put on progesterone to help induce a period then to take letrozole. Was advised to track ovulation with OPKs. First few cycles were unmonitored - however the progesterone never induced a period. So then started to go in for baseline ultrasounds every week to see if there were any progress. I
My appointments have always been on time [at Seattle Reproductive Med-Kirkland]. Clinic is clean. Leave extra time to find parking since there are days where parking is easy and there are days where parking is hard to find since it is shared with Evergreen Hospital. Only thing is that at times the front desk will not acknowledge you as you wait to check in. And when you have a balance pending, they ask if you would like to pay. One time I had said I had just mailed a check in and the front desk had to ask if it was OK that I’d be seen since the payment hasn’t been received yet, etc. I thought it was a little overkill since I mailed the check out the day prior so it would take another day or two before they receive it. Other than that, I am happy with the clinic.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I left our first time meeting feeling good. Nervous but happy to have been able to see a doctor who listened to us and explained things. Just wish I would hear more from her when I would email the clinic or at least see her. I haven’t seen her since the initial consultation.
Write down any questions you have and ask them when you meet with her for the first time. I wish I had done so. I had so many questions I wasn’t able to ask because I didnt think of them at the time.
Dr. Cho did no t treat me as a number. She was very personable. She answered any questions we had and gave us reassurance that she will do whatever she can to help us achieve a healthy pregnancy.
I was prescribed levothyroxine and metformin right off the bat. Also was put on progesterone to help induce a period then to take letrozole. Was advised to track ovulation with OPKs. First few cycles were unmonitored - however the progesterone never induced a period. So then started to go in for baseline ultrasounds every week to see if there were any progress. I would not end up producing follicles but would have cysts instead. The protocol was then changed to a higher dosage of letrozole and added dexamethasone. The cysts went away and started producing follicles. Tracked ovulation using OPKs and timed intercourse. Did one cycle with ovidrel. Ended with a negative pregnancy test but now I am getting my periods on my own like clockwork.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
My Nurse Tina is a great communicator. She is the one I talk to most of the time.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My appointments have always been on time. Clinic is clean. Leave extra time to find parking since there are days where parking is easy and there are days where parking is hard to find since it is shared with Evergreen Hospital. Only thing is that at times the front desk will not acknowledge you as you wait to check in. And when you have a balance pending, they ask if you would like to pay. One time I had said I had just mailed a check in and the front desk had to ask if it was OK that I’d be seen since the payment hasn’t been received yet, etc. I thought it was a little overkill since I mailed the check out the day prior so it would take another day or two before they receive it. Other than that, I am happy with the clinic.
Insurance has covered a good portion. Have had to pay out of pocket for whatever insurance hasn’t covered. I would say we have spent about maybe less than $1,000 within the year including any prescriptions.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Cho is compassionate and thorough. She is direct about concerns and clear about risks and setting reasonable expectations. When something changes she is compassionate about the setback and thoroughly explains options...Lupron trigger due to mild OHSS with previous retrieval at another clinic. Intending a natural cycle for FET since I’m cycling an ovulating naturally. Love that the clinic and Dr Cho are flexible enough to accommodate a fluid schedule for that.
Genetic counseling appointment [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was not covered and cost $250...They are big enough to have lots of staff support, available appointments, locations for monitoring, etc, but small enough not to feel like just a number. Billing and genetic counseling and appointments have all been smooth and seamless...Staff and Dr Cho are always personable and friendly and adaptable to what is unique about my case and situation.
Choose her
I did a natural-start IVF cycle because of risks with using birth control due to aural migraines. Did Menopur and gonal-f with cetrotide antagonist. No particular rationale for those. Lupron trigger due to mild OHSS with previous retrieval at another clinic. Intending a natural cycle for FET since I’m cycling an ovulating naturally. Love that the clinic and Dr Cho are flexible enough to accommodate a fluid schedule for that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy)
Kimmy and the other coordinators were always prompt to respond to questions and concerns. When Kimmy was out of town another nurse responded seamlessly to my needs.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everything has been great so far. They have less of a wait than the other big clinic in the area (about 4 weeks for initial consult with my requested RE, versus 7-8 weeks to see anyone at all). They are big enough to have lots of staff support, available appointments, locations for monitoring, etc, but small enough not to feel like just a number. Billing and genetic counseling and appointments have all been smooth and seamless.
Not sure. I have insurance coverage so costs are all negotiated and won’t be billed u til the cycle is completed. Genetic counseling appointment was not covered and cost $250.
Doctor Cho is open to both options depending on the situation and the patient’s willingness to risk multiples.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
We were comfortable with Dr. Cho at the start of our very first conversation. She is incredibly personable, she's compassionate but also doesn't beat around the bush. She is very forward with her opinions and answering questions, which I really appreciate.... She has adjusted our treatment plan as we've gone along to tailor it to our needs as a result of what she is seeing in each monitored IUI cycle. We have had 4 unsuccessful IUI's with her (1 chemical) and she has tried different/more aggressive approaches as we've continued.
The clinic's financial office is very straightforward with costs, what your insurance will and won't cover, and there is never any hidden fees. The lady running the financial office is super helpful and friendly. The clinic itself [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is on the higher end cost wise in the area for IVF, but reasonably compared with all other treatment/diagnostic that we have done. We have never come across an unfriendly face in any of the three offices we have visited.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We were comfortable with Dr. Cho at the start of our very first conversation. She is incredibly personable, she's compassionate but also doesn't beat around the bush. She is very forward with her opinions and answering questions, which I really appreciate. There are so many unknowns with infertility, it is nice to have a doctor that can answer things clearly. She has adjusted our treatment plan as we've gone along to tailor it to our needs as a result of what she is seeing in each monitored IUI cycle. We have had 4 unsuccessful IUI's with her (1 chemical) and she has tried different/more aggressive approaches as we've continued. We just had our IVF consult with her, and I'm very happy to have my care, healthy and future children in the hands of Dr. Cho.
Ask all your questions! You will get honest feedback geared towards your own situation and needs. Don't be nervous, she's so kind and personable and you're in good hands!
Dr. Cho is incredibly personal and talks candidly with her patients about their specific situation as not as a statistic. She does talk statistics, because they are important to be aware of, but does not talk make us feel like a statistic.
4 IUI'S. #1- Letrozole/trigger #2 Higher dose of letrozole/trigger #3 Same dose of letrozole w/ gonal-f #4 Same as iui 3
Kimmy is also incredibly nice, quick to respond and organized. She is the one we do most to all communication with unless we schedule an appointment with Dr. Cho, and she has been fantastic.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic's financial office is very straightforward with costs, what your insurance will and won't cover, and there is never any hidden fees. The lady running the financial office is super helpful and friendly. The clinic itself is on the higher end cost wise in the area for IVF, but reasonably compared with all other treatment/diagnostic that we have done. We have never come across an unfriendly face in any of the three offices we have visited.
$650-ish for IUI Looking at anywhere from $22k to $48k for IVF based on our situation. There base cost for IVF is $14k (but doesn't include medication, pgs testing, or the transfer). Multi-cycle programs available.
+ Read more- Read less

Whenever I needed to consult the doctor, that was arranged for me promptly, usually within that day. When I met with the doctor [Dr. Cho] directly, she made time to answer all of my questions and never gave me the impression that there was a time limit to that...She seemed knowledgeable and compassionate when I met with her. I always had lots of questions, and those questions were answered. I did not get pregnant, but I never felt that was due to poor treatment.
The network of nurses and other support personnel [Seattle Repro Med] were amazing and always available. It was very easy to get questions answered -- and I had a lot of them. Costs and dealing with billing were downsides, but I'm not sure what could be done to change this....The clinic had a good set-up -- most of the time, I would communicate with a nurse/physician's assistant, who would respond quickly to all online or phone questions.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure to schedule an appointment specifically with the doctor if/when there are major questions -- the support staff are amazing with the day-to-day, so it's easy to forget that the doctor is there to talk about the major treatment options.
The clinic had a good set-up -- most of the time, I would communicate with a nurse/physician's assistant, who would respond quickly to all online or phone questions. Whenever I needed to consult the doctor, that was arranged for me promptly, usually within that day. When I met with the doctor directly, she made time to answer all of my questions and never gave me the impression that there was a time limit to that.
There were no indications of infertility (other than age), so we started with unmedicated IUI treatments for the first few months. When those did not work, I added letrozole for a couple of months. After meeting with Dr. Cho, we decided to add fertility injections (keeping the letrozole as well) and a trigger shot before the IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I was assigned a nurse from the first appointment and communicated with her regularly over the next several months (I don't remember her name mainly because I'm terrible with names -- it might have been Katie). I saw her almost every time I went into the office for any treatments, and she was my main point of communication for questions during the various cycles. I have nothing but good things to say about her!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The network of nurses and other support personnel were amazing and always available. It was very easy to get questions answered -- and I had a lot of them. Costs and dealing with billing were downsides, but I'm not sure what could be done to change this.
My insurance was good at the time, so costs were manageable. Even copays were in the hundreds of dollars, however, so it did cost a lot of money -- without insurance, I assume this would be extremely expensive.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Cho was very thorough in evaluating my medical history and how it pertained to my care. I didn't feel like she was giving me a "blanket treatment" that she would use on everyone who walked through her door...Dr. Cho is a very compassionate, competent, well educated doctor that seems to really go out of her way for her patients. She presented information to us that was evidence based but easy to understand. We left with great patient education handouts that summarized a lot of the information she spoke to us about during the appointment.
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is clean, well staffed, organized, and has good driving instructions etc. on their website. When you meet with the doctor, you then also meet with your nurse coordinator, are set up for the patient portal, and also get to meet with a billing/financial specialist who sits down with you face to face and explains in detail the costs of services provided. Very helpful comprehensive care compared to other providers I have been seen by.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho is a very compassionate, competent, well educated doctor that seems to really go out of her way for her patients. She presented information to us that was evidence based but easy to understand. We left with great patient education handouts that summarized a lot of the information she spoke to us about during the appointment. She made my husband and I feel that she was truly interested in helping us and took the time to make sure she understood our medical histories well and what our goals were. I really appreciate Dr. Cho and her honesty and her approach to practicing medicine.
Come prepared with questions you may have for her because she is willing to take the time to answer your questions and concerns (if it isn't something she already covered).
Dr. Cho was very thorough in evaluating my medical history and how it pertained to my care. I didn't feel like she was giving me a "blanket treatment" that she would use on everyone who walked through her door, I felt that the treatment I was receiving was tailored to my needs and my body. She was great at explaining all of the information in a kind manner that made sense and made my husband and I feel very comfortable with the care that was going to be provided. She and her staff really took time with us and allowed us to ask questions freely.
My husband and I had had 5 failed IUI cycles in a different city. Dr. Cho reviewed all of our records from those treatments. Based on our medical history she recommended a slightly different course of IUI treatment, but a far more thorough course. We told her that we wanted to take a couple of months without IUI before we restarted again, so she recommended that I take clomid and track my cycles with OPKs and let them know every month is I got my cycle. The clomid cycles (which I had never attempted before) didn't work for us. We then did an IUI cycle, with clomid and ultrasound monitoring. I was ovulating on my own and didn't need to give any trigger injections. Based on the OPK results and ultrasound results we did an IUI (with clomid before) and then began prometrium a couple of days after the IUI. No pregnancy. For the second IUI with Dr. Cho she had me stop the clomid (i was having some not fun side effects) and change to letrozole with an FSH trigger injection on CD9. Then OPK and ultrasound again, IUI and prometrium like last cycle. No pregnancy. IUI #3 she wanted to try and stimulate my follicles slightly differently based on my ultrasound results last cycle. I took letrozole again, FSH shot again, OPKs, ultrasound and triggered with ovidrel, IUI and prometrium like last cycle. No pregnancy. Dr. Cho wanted us to attempt 3 assisted IUI cycles with her office and then wanted to have a consult again if we weren't successful. We met with her recently since we have had 3 assisted IUI cycles with SRM, and 5 IUI cycles with another practice. We are now looking at IVF since we have unexplained infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
The nurses that we have dealt with are so personal and compassionate. They are great at responding quickly through the patient portal and over the phone to concerns. Anytime that I would let them know that I had a negative pregnancy test they were compassionate and gave their apologies that the cycle didn't result in a pregnancy. The nursing staff is helpful, communicates well, addresses questions, is friendly, and gives personal service.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean, well staffed, organized, and has good driving instructions etc. on their website. When you meet with the doctor, you then also meet with your nurse coordinator, are set up for the patient portal, and also get to meet with a billing/financial specialist who sits down with you face to face and explains in detail the costs of services provided. Very helpful comprehensive care compared to other providers I have been seen by.
One IUI cycle (not including medications) for one ultrasound and the insemination (including cost of lab to prep the semen) was $600. One IVF cycle with egg retrieval is estimated to cost around $13,500.00 without medications which are estimated to cost an additional $3000-6000 depending on the individual patient's needs.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Cho was always positive but always realistic with explanations. She was compassionate but didn't sugar coat the realities, risks, and expectations. She provided statisycs as well as her expert opinions when needed in a helpful manner. I wish she could have been my OB throughout my entire pregnancy...Dr. Cho was very responsive to my individual needs and requests. She accommodated my schedule and moved as quickly as we could to complete a successful cycle...
They were able to get me appointments in a timely manner [at Seattle Repro Med - Kirkland]. They accommodated my schedule as best as they could. There were a few times the clinic was behind and I had to wait longer than preferred. Finance was extremely responsive and could always see me when I needed...Nurses were responsive and helpful educating and providing information with each cycle. Sometimes I had to follow up and or remind my primary nurse. I enjoyed my interactions with other nurses that covered over the weekend over my primary...
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask the hard questions, understand where you as a specific patient fall with regards to realistic expectations and outcomes.
IUI with clomid x5 cycles- Dr. Cho recommended IVF sooner but we wanted to ensure a good try with IUI. IVF with ICSI - x2 fresh cycles - cycle 1 wasn't as successful with retrieval as we hoped. This resulted with a chemical and 1 frozen. I did an immediate 2nd cycle making changes to simulation medications with a much more successful retrieval with a successful fresh transfer and multiple frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They were able to get me appointments in a timely manner. They accommodated my schedule as best as they could. There were a few times the clinic was behind and I had to wait longer than preferred. Finance was extremely responsive and could always see me when I needed.
$30,000 for a fresh IVF with ICSI. This included medications.

2013 - 2014
I appreciated her [Dr Cho] honesty that we needed to move on for a better chance of getting pregnant if the treatment didn't work this time, especially since we were paying completely out of pocket...he is so compassionate and her bedside manner was exceptional, especially when she had to consult us after our first successful round during the ultrasound that the baby no longer had a heartbeat.
The only area I had difficulty with [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was the payments of the procedures. I felt like the payment coordinator needed more knowledge and compassion. We always had to pay for services after our appointment and some days I'd be in tears and having to hand over my debit card and all I wanted to do was go grieve in private. I feel there could be a better standard for receiving payment. Either upfront or an online account. Paying before the appointment would be better as well.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
My nurses and techs would relay to Michelle any concerns and she would call or email me right away and address everything. She would recommend the next course of treatment or testing but would always let us be in the driver's seat of the decision. She is so compassionate and her bedside manner was exceptional, especially when she had to consult us after our first successful round during the ultrasound that the baby no longer had a heartbeat. She checked in with us often during our short stop of treatment and was our biggest cheerleader for the next treatments. We successfully got pregnant on our last round of IUI before having to move onto IVF. I appreciated her honesty that we needed to move on for a better chance of getting pregnant if the treatment didn't work this time, especially since we were paying completely out of pocket.
Ask questions. She is a wealth of knowledge and helps you understand everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Justina Vasquez)
TIna was amazing. She would relay any concerns to Michele right away. She also helped me learn and practice giving injections and connected me with the best pharmacies to order the prescriptions from. She was well organized and had my whole protocol outlined. She would be very prompt in returning calls or emails and even checked in on us after we had our baby.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The only area I had difficulty with was the payments of the procedures. I felt like the payment coordinator needed more knowledge and compassion. We always had to pay for services after our appointment and some days I'd be in tears and having to hand over my debit card and all I wanted to do was go grieve in private. I feel there could be a better standard for receiving payment. Either upfront or an online account. Paying before the appointment would be better as well.
over 10,000
+ Read more- Read less

They did so many blood tests [at SRM] but didn’t post some of the results...is a great clinic and I’m so happy we were referred to them. They are trying their best to help us achieve our goal of starting a family. They are very knowledgeable and take the time to explain the process to us however they don’t always give opinions...Our nurse is great but also I always have to ask her the questions, she doesn’t explain everything...We started with Letrozole at a low dose for 5 days [with Dr. Michele Cho]. Each round we did (5) we increased the dosage/went to 7 days. And also added in Dexamethasone. When I didn’t ovulate she had me do a round of Chlomid which also didn’t work. Then we did a 20 day cycle of menopur injections. Also didn’t ovulate...she said to try something different- nutritionist and ovasitol...I know she has a strong preference to a single egg. She frequently talks about not wanting multiples and cancelling a cycle if there are multiple eggs growing.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho thoroughly explained everything to us, laid our our treatment plan, and supported us throughout the process. We met with her three times and each time she was personable, funny, caring, and really listened. I would say the only “weakness” for us was that she frequently recommended IVF when we told her we won’t be able to for a year or two.
Write down your questions before your visit because she is great at answering them!
She was very nice, supportive, and caring.
We started with Letrozole at a low dose for 5 days. Each round we did (5) we increased the dosage/went to 7 days. And also added in Dexamethasone. When I didn’t ovulate she had me do a round of Chlomid which also didn’t work. Then we did a 20 day cycle of menopur injections. Also didn’t ovulate. We met with Dr. Cho again and she said to try something different- nutritionist and ovasitol. I also added in fertility acupuncture. I recently had a period so we are doing another cycle of Letrozole and if that doesn’t work we will do another cycle of injections.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is a great clinic and I’m so happy we were referred to them. They are trying their best to help us achieve our goal of starting a family. They are very knowledgeable and take the time to explain the process to us however they don’t always give opinions.
Expensive. After insurance we have paid over $3000 not including medicine.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
She [Dr. Michele Cho] heard my concern and validated my feelings. Other fertility doctors said I needed IVF and that it was a 50/50 chance if it would work but she did more research and came up with a different game plan that will hopefully address the concern...She brought appropriate humor and educated us. She made me feel not crazy and address my concerns other doctors wrote off. I feel confident in her treatment plan and trust her fully.
They are so quick to get back to you when you have any questions [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] and the portal is awesome. Every staff member is kind and helpful. They are quick to call you back when you leave a message and I haven’t met a staff member who was rude or impatient. I had a great experience with a nurse practitioner who shared that she could empathize with my feelings because she was also a patient there. Just her saying that changed my whole outlook. It made my feel not alone.
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is kind and validated my feelings. She brought appropriate humor and educated us. She made me feel not crazy and address my concerns other doctors wrote off. I feel confident in her treatment plan and trust her fully.
She will answer all your questions so ask ones other doctors didn’t take seriously.
She heard my concern and validated my feelings. Other fertility doctors said I needed IVF and that it was a 50/50 chance if it would work but she did more research and came up with a different game plan that will hopefully address the concern
She wanted to look inside my uterus to see what was going on and get eyes on it for herself. They found I have a heart shaped uterus so she is going surgery to correct this to see if this stops my reoccurring miscarriages. If it does not work, we will move forward with IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
Quick to respond and always answered questions
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are so quick to get back to you when you have any questions and the portal is awesome. Every staff member is kind and helpful. They are quick to call you back when you leave a message and I haven’t met a staff member who was rude or impatient. I had a great experience with a nurse practitioner who shared that she could empathize with my feelings because she was also a patient there. Just her saying that changed my whole outlook. It made my feel not alone.
So far I haven’t had to pay much and they have been good at figuring out when I do need to pay.
+ Read more- Read less

I did three days of Femara and an Ovidrel injection, followed with an IUI [with Dr. Cho]. We have been trying for 2 years and this was her first recommendation...Dr Cho was very friendly. I spoke with her in a private office and she explained things well... informative at the consultation, but that is the only time I have seen her. She cared about my history and listened to my concerns. However, Dr Cho did not cover in the consultation that she would not see me for follow ups, or be the one to do the IUI.
The coordinators and staff [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] are very responsive through the patient portal. However, I would not recommend getting answers over the phone... estimated $1000 for one IUI...The clinic seems very organized at the consultation. It is very structured in regards to who you meet and what their part is. Everyone provides their own business card, which is helpful. The weakness would be offering a plan, but not telling me what to do when the plan doesn’t work. How many IUIs should I try, or what is the success rate of an IUI were nit explained to me.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Cho was informative at the consultation, but that is the only time I have seen her. She cared about my history and listened to my concerns. However, Dr Cho did not cover in the consultation that she would not see me for follow ups, or be the one to do the IUI.
My advice would be to ask more questions regarding the procedures. Be sure to ask who does the procedures and what she recommends if the procedures fails. Does she ever do the procedures?
I did three days of Femara and an Ovidrel injection, followed with an IUI. We have been trying for 2 years and this was her first recommendation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The coordinators and staff are very responsive through the patient portal. However, I would not recommend getting answers over the phone.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
This is still pending insurance, which won’t cover anything, but estimated $1000 for one IUI
+ Read more- Read less

She’s [Dr. Cho] very informative and answers all your questions honestly without giving you false hopes. She remembers you and what treatments you’ve done. She made me feel welcomed and provided us care and information during our loss....First 2 IUIs failed and after requesting a more aggressive approach she agreed without hesitation and it worked, although it ended at 8 weeks she saw me through it.... be ready for bumps in the road but Dr. Cho will guide you through it.
I’ve been seeing them [Seattle Repro Med] for 6 months and I haven’t had any issues with the staff. My appointments are 95% on time. The setting is clean and calm. The receptionist are extremely professional. The financial counselor is so informative....Each IUI after insurance cost us approximately $350 with medications. Insurance has covered labs and ultrasounds.... She [nurse] replies in a timely manner with answers to my questions. Gets my prescriptions in very quickly.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She’s very informative and answers all your questions honestly without giving you false hopes. She remembers you and what treatments you’ve done. She made me feel welcomed and provided us care and information during our loss.
You are in great hands, be ready for bumps in the road but Dr. Cho will guide you through it.
Very caring and provided us with helpful and honest information with great manners. Made us feel welcomed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy Burnett)
She replies in a timely manner with answers to my questions. Gets my prescriptions in very quickly.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I’ve been seeing them for 6 months and I haven’t had any issues with the staff. My appointments are 95% on time. The setting is clean and calm. The receptionist are extremely professional. The financial counselor is so informative.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Cho was always real, she didn’t sugar coat anything to make me feel better. She has always given me real expectations and explained why things were important to my case. She offered her opinion but also respected my thoughts and opinions as well. Dr. Cho has her own personal experience with fertility which brings I believe more understanding and trust with the patient. She has helped me Feel at peace with treatment.
Large staff to help out Good communication Mid-high prices Offers outside finance groups Would be nice to offer cash pay patients with no insurance a small discount. Overall I had a great experience with Seattle reproductive medicine... Tina is always very compassionate, will always discuss treatment, my questions and help me prepare for my next step. Tina has always been respectful and encouraged me not to give up.
Don’t wait so long doing IUI. If it doesn’t work after 2, move on
I felt human because Dr Cho and staff were always here to answer my questions and concerns and any fears I had
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Justina ( Tina))
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Cho] was very thorough and explained everything in a way that i could understand very well. She went into detail and expained all of my options and let me have a say in what path we took. I am very happy with the treatment I received and the results. ... She was very thorough and her team was always in contact with me and made it very easy to communicate with them. ... Dr. Cho is usually very booked.
Love this clinic [SRM]. I wish more doctor's office were this punctual and caring. I never waited a minute past my appointment time, and if I was early, they were always ready for me. Everyone was always extremely nice. I'll miss them all. ... Katie was amazing. I spoke with her on a weekly basis. She was a great communicator with timely responses and was a great liaison between myself and Dr. Cho ...
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was very thorough and explained everything in a way that i could understand very well. She went into detail and expained all of my options and let me have a say in what path we took. I am very happy with the treatment I received and the results.
If you want to meet with her, set the appointment ASAP, it takes about a month to see her for anything.
Katie was amazing. I spoke with her on a weekly basis. She was a great communicator with timely responses and was a great liaison between myself and Dr. Cho, as Dr. Cho is usually very booked. Katie was always kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Love this clinic. I wish more doctor's office were this punctual and caring. I never waited a minute past my appointment time, and if I was early, they were always ready for me. Everyone was always extremely nice. I'll miss them all.
+ Read more- Read less

during my initial treatment plan she [Dr. Michele Cho] had me get lab work done. It was so convenient and quick...was fantastic from the minute we met her! She was personable and positive, yet also real. She somehow made the numbers and possibilities all seem super optimistic, when they very well could have been really sad...listened to our journey leading us to her and also talked through what she suggested we do next.
[The nursing staff at Seattle Reproductive Medicine are] Super professional, positive, friendly and discreet!...They will submit to my insurance for billing first. The IVF treatment will most likely cost about $20,000 out of pocket for me though. And if we do genetic testing another $6,000...The clinic was super professional, discreet, warm, welcoming, quick, efficient, easy to find and also had really great parking. The communication was also fantastic! I can’t think of any real weaknesses, everything was great!
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Michelle was warm and welcoming from the minute we met her. She instantly embraced us as a friend of the family which was really comforting. Michelle listened to our journey leading us to her and also talked through what she suggested we do next. She was super optimistic yet also real and made sure we really understood everything thoroughly which we really appreciated.
She was honestly really and truly great! If anything maybe just a follow up message in the portal recalling the conversation in case we lost our notes.
Michelle was fantastic from the minute we met her! She was personable and positive, yet also real. She somehow made the numbers and possibilities all seem super optimistic, when they very well could have been really sad. I am incredibly grateful to have her as our doctor and look forward to continuing our IVF journey with her by our side.
We haven’t started treatment with Michelle Cho quite yet. However during my initial treatment plan she had me get lab work done. It was so convenient and quick. We did 4 rounds of IVF with a different doctor which were all unsuccessful. Due to that and our ages, our next steps are to work on IVF funding & then to schedule appointments for the HSG & Siemens analysis.
Super professional, positive, friendly and discreet!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I’ve only had my initial consultation & lab work with her so I haven’t received a bill yet. They will submit to my insurance for billing first. The IVF treatment will most likely cost about $20,000 out of pocket for me though. And if we do genetic testing another $6,000.

2016 - 2019
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
book in advance a few weeks she [Dr. Michele Cho] is usually booked...She said first we try and help you ovulate with meds with specific dosages. If assisted ovulation doesn't work we will try usually 3 rounds of iui with medications and if that doesn't work we will try off a bit more invasive with ivf. But throughout we will do different ultrasounds like hsg and amh bloodwork and do genetic screening etc...
Sometimes a longer wait then expected [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] especially if you are coming in between your lunch break. But front desk always friendly, warm and welcoming. Always made sure it was you (verifying ID). I love that this SRM had more than one location so I could go to whichever was most convenient or if I had to do something same day, if my preferred clinic was booked for the timing I wanted I could go to other clinics.
2016 - 2019
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Cho from the initial consultation on a piece of paper the different routes and steps throughout the fertility we would be taking and in non technical ways explained everything step by step. She was very knowledgeable about anything and everything we had questions about.
If you wish to see her you missy book in advance a few weeks she is usually booked.
Dr Cho was always there a message away from having questions or concerns and always very informative. She gave all the information one needed to move along with the fertility treatment smoothly. She was very honest and never hesitant to answer mystery questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katie Albaugh)
Katie was always prompt in resounding to any questions or prompt in sending the Dr a question that I might of had. She was super considerate. She was the support system after my egg retrieval because I ended up getting the flu and she ways checked in every few days via phone call or portal.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Sometimes a longer wait then expected especially if you are coming in between your lunch break. But front desk always friendly, warm and welcoming. Always made sure it was you (verifying ID). I love that this SRM had more than one location so I could go to whichever was most convenient or if I had to do something same day, if my preferred clinic was booked for the timing I wanted I could go to other clinics.
Everything usually went through insurance and bills later popped up in mail. Although a prepayment was made before the IVF treatment.
I feel like every Dr will scare you with saying there are high risk multiples I wanted to do 2 embryo transfer and went back and forth with 2 or 1 FET . She didn't explain what the Risk were for transferring two embryos instead of two because my husband agreed to transferring one embryo at the off consultation. I was kind of bummed that I was the one going through all the Is not my husband just because she preferred and my husband agreed to one embryo transfer doesn't mean I was agreeing with her.