Medical SchoolUSC
FellowshipUCLA
12333 NE 130th Lane
Kirkland, WA 98034
206-301-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michele Cho to a friend?

4.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Dr. Cho did no t treat me as a number. She was very personable. ... I was prescribed levothyroxine and metformin right off the bat. Also was put on progesterone to help induce a period then to take letrozole. Was advised to track ovulation with OPKs. First few cycles were unmonitored - however the progesterone never induced a period. So then started to go in for baseline ultrasounds every week to see if there were any progress. I
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I left our first time meeting feeling good. Nervous but happy to have been able to see a doctor who listened to us and explained things. Just wish I would hear more from her when I would email the clinic or at least see her. I haven’t seen her since the initial consultation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Write down any questions you have and ask them when you meet with her for the first time. I wish I had done so. I had so many questions I wasn’t able to ask because I didnt think of them at the time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho did no t treat me as a number. She was very personable. She answered any questions we had and gave us reassurance that she will do whatever she can to help us achieve a healthy pregnancy.
Describe the protocols Michele Cho used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was prescribed levothyroxine and metformin right off the bat. Also was put on progesterone to help induce a period then to take letrozole. Was advised to track ovulation with OPKs. First few cycles were unmonitored - however the progesterone never induced a period. So then started to go in for baseline ultrasounds every week to see if there were any progress. I would not end up producing follicles but would have cysts instead. The protocol was then changed to a higher dosage of letrozole and added dexamethasone. The cysts went away and started producing follicles. Tracked ovulation using OPKs and timed intercourse. Did one cycle with ovidrel. Ended with a negative pregnancy test but now I am getting my periods on my own like clockwork.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
My Nurse Tina is a great communicator. She is the one I talk to most of the time.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My appointments have always been on time. Clinic is clean. Leave extra time to find parking since there are days where parking is easy and there are days where parking is hard to find since it is shared with Evergreen Hospital. Only thing is that at times the front desk will not acknowledge you as you wait to check in. And when you have a balance pending, they ask if you would like to pay. One time I had said I had just mailed a check in and the front desk had to ask if it was OK that I’d be seen since the payment hasn’t been received yet, etc. I thought it was a little overkill since I mailed the check out the day prior so it would take another day or two before they receive it. Other than that, I am happy with the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Insurance has covered a good portion. Have had to pay out of pocket for whatever insurance hasn’t covered. I would say we have spent about maybe less than $1,000 within the year including any prescriptions.
Kirkland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Dr Cho is compassionate and thorough. She is direct about concerns and clear about risks and setting reasonable expectations. When something changes she is compassionate about the setback and thoroughly explains options...Lupron trigger due to mild OHSS with previous retrieval at another clinic. Intending a natural cycle for FET since I’m cycling an ovulating naturally. Love that the clinic and Dr Cho are flexible enough to accommodate a fluid schedule for that.
Choose her
Staff and Dr Cho are always personable and friendly and adaptable to what is unique about my case and situation.
I did a natural-start IVF cycle because of risks with using birth control due to aural migraines. Did Menopur and gonal-f with cetrotide antagonist. No particular rationale for those. Lupron trigger due to mild OHSS with previous retrieval at another clinic. Intending a natural cycle for FET since I’m cycling an ovulating naturally. Love that the clinic and Dr Cho are flexible enough to accommodate a fluid schedule for that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy)
Kimmy and the other coordinators were always prompt to respond to questions and concerns. When Kimmy was out of town another nurse responded seamlessly to my needs.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everything has been great so far. They have less of a wait than the other big clinic in the area (about 4 weeks for initial consult with my requested RE, versus 7-8 weeks to see anyone at all). They are big enough to have lots of staff support, available appointments, locations for monitoring, etc, but small enough not to feel like just a number. Billing and genetic counseling and appointments have all been smooth and seamless.
Not sure. I have insurance coverage so costs are all negotiated and won’t be billed u til the cycle is completed. Genetic counseling appointment was not covered and cost $250.
Describe Michele Cho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Doctor Cho is open to both options depending on the situation and the patient’s willingness to risk multiples.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
We were comfortable with Dr. Cho at the start of our very first conversation. She is incredibly personable, she's compassionate but also doesn't beat around the bush. She is very forward with her opinions and answering questions, which I really appreciate.... She has adjusted our treatment plan as we've gone along to tailor it to our needs as a result of what she is seeing in each monitored IUI cycle. We have had 4 unsuccessful IUI's with her (1 chemical) and she has tried different/more aggressive approaches as we've continued.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We were comfortable with Dr. Cho at the start of our very first conversation. She is incredibly personable, she's compassionate but also doesn't beat around the bush. She is very forward with her opinions and answering questions, which I really appreciate. There are so many unknowns with infertility, it is nice to have a doctor that can answer things clearly. She has adjusted our treatment plan as we've gone along to tailor it to our needs as a result of what she is seeing in each monitored IUI cycle. We have had 4 unsuccessful IUI's with her (1 chemical) and she has tried different/more aggressive approaches as we've continued. We just had our IVF consult with her, and I'm very happy to have my care, healthy and future children in the hands of Dr. Cho.
Ask all your questions! You will get honest feedback geared towards your own situation and needs. Don't be nervous, she's so kind and personable and you're in good hands!
Dr. Cho is incredibly personal and talks candidly with her patients about their specific situation as not as a statistic. She does talk statistics, because they are important to be aware of, but does not talk make us feel like a statistic.
4 IUI'S. #1- Letrozole/trigger #2 Higher dose of letrozole/trigger #3 Same dose of letrozole w/ gonal-f #4 Same as iui 3
Kimmy is also incredibly nice, quick to respond and organized. She is the one we do most to all communication with unless we schedule an appointment with Dr. Cho, and she has been fantastic.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic's financial office is very straightforward with costs, what your insurance will and won't cover, and there is never any hidden fees. The lady running the financial office is super helpful and friendly. The clinic itself is on the higher end cost wise in the area for IVF, but reasonably compared with all other treatment/diagnostic that we have done. We have never come across an unfriendly face in any of the three offices we have visited.
$650-ish for IUI Looking at anywhere from $22k to $48k for IVF based on our situation. There base cost for IVF is $14k (but doesn't include medication, pgs testing, or the transfer). Multi-cycle programs available.
Kirkland

Whenever I needed to consult the doctor, that was arranged for me promptly, usually within that day. When I met with the doctor [Dr. Cho] directly, she made time to answer all of my questions and never gave me the impression that there was a time limit to that...She seemed knowledgeable and compassionate when I met with her. I always had lots of questions, and those questions were answered. I did not get pregnant, but I never felt that was due to poor treatment.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure to schedule an appointment specifically with the doctor if/when there are major questions -- the support staff are amazing with the day-to-day, so it's easy to forget that the doctor is there to talk about the major treatment options.
The clinic had a good set-up -- most of the time, I would communicate with a nurse/physician's assistant, who would respond quickly to all online or phone questions. Whenever I needed to consult the doctor, that was arranged for me promptly, usually within that day. When I met with the doctor directly, she made time to answer all of my questions and never gave me the impression that there was a time limit to that.
There were no indications of infertility (other than age), so we started with unmedicated IUI treatments for the first few months. When those did not work, I added letrozole for a couple of months. After meeting with Dr. Cho, we decided to add fertility injections (keeping the letrozole as well) and a trigger shot before the IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I was assigned a nurse from the first appointment and communicated with her regularly over the next several months (I don't remember her name mainly because I'm terrible with names -- it might have been Katie). I saw her almost every time I went into the office for any treatments, and she was my main point of communication for questions during the various cycles. I have nothing but good things to say about her!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The network of nurses and other support personnel were amazing and always available. It was very easy to get questions answered -- and I had a lot of them. Costs and dealing with billing were downsides, but I'm not sure what could be done to change this.
My insurance was good at the time, so costs were manageable. Even copays were in the hundreds of dollars, however, so it did cost a lot of money -- without insurance, I assume this would be extremely expensive.
Kirkland

Dr. Cho was very thorough in evaluating my medical history and how it pertained to my care. I didn't feel like she was giving me a "blanket treatment" that she would use on everyone who walked through her door...Dr. Cho is a very compassionate, competent, well educated doctor that seems to really go out of her way for her patients. She presented information to us that was evidence based but easy to understand. We left with great patient education handouts that summarized a lot of the information she spoke to us about during the appointment.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho is a very compassionate, competent, well educated doctor that seems to really go out of her way for her patients. She presented information to us that was evidence based but easy to understand. We left with great patient education handouts that summarized a lot of the information she spoke to us about during the appointment. She made my husband and I feel that she was truly interested in helping us and took the time to make sure she understood our medical histories well and what our goals were. I really appreciate Dr. Cho and her honesty and her approach to practicing medicine.
Come prepared with questions you may have for her because she is willing to take the time to answer your questions and concerns (if it isn't something she already covered).
Dr. Cho was very thorough in evaluating my medical history and how it pertained to my care. I didn't feel like she was giving me a "blanket treatment" that she would use on everyone who walked through her door, I felt that the treatment I was receiving was tailored to my needs and my body. She was great at explaining all of the information in a kind manner that made sense and made my husband and I feel very comfortable with the care that was going to be provided. She and her staff really took time with us and allowed us to ask questions freely.
My husband and I had had 5 failed IUI cycles in a different city. Dr. Cho reviewed all of our records from those treatments. Based on our medical history she recommended a slightly different course of IUI treatment, but a far more thorough course. We told her that we wanted to take a couple of months without IUI before we restarted again, so she recommended that I take clomid and track my cycles with OPKs and let them know every month is I got my cycle. The clomid cycles (which I had never attempted before) didn't work for us. We then did an IUI cycle, with clomid and ultrasound monitoring. I was ovulating on my own and didn't need to give any trigger injections. Based on the OPK results and ultrasound results we did an IUI (with clomid before) and then began prometrium a couple of days after the IUI. No pregnancy. For the second IUI with Dr. Cho she had me stop the clomid (i was having some not fun side effects) and change to letrozole with an FSH trigger injection on CD9. Then OPK and ultrasound again, IUI and prometrium like last cycle. No pregnancy. IUI #3 she wanted to try and stimulate my follicles slightly differently based on my ultrasound results last cycle. I took letrozole again, FSH shot again, OPKs, ultrasound and triggered with ovidrel, IUI and prometrium like last cycle. No pregnancy. Dr. Cho wanted us to attempt 3 assisted IUI cycles with her office and then wanted to have a consult again if we weren't successful. We met with her recently since we have had 3 assisted IUI cycles with SRM, and 5 IUI cycles with another practice. We are now looking at IVF since we have unexplained infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
The nurses that we have dealt with are so personal and compassionate. They are great at responding quickly through the patient portal and over the phone to concerns. Anytime that I would let them know that I had a negative pregnancy test they were compassionate and gave their apologies that the cycle didn't result in a pregnancy. The nursing staff is helpful, communicates well, addresses questions, is friendly, and gives personal service.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean, well staffed, organized, and has good driving instructions etc. on their website. When you meet with the doctor, you then also meet with your nurse coordinator, are set up for the patient portal, and also get to meet with a billing/financial specialist who sits down with you face to face and explains in detail the costs of services provided. Very helpful comprehensive care compared to other providers I have been seen by.
One IUI cycle (not including medications) for one ultrasound and the insemination (including cost of lab to prep the semen) was $600. One IVF cycle with egg retrieval is estimated to cost around $13,500.00 without medications which are estimated to cost an additional $3000-6000 depending on the individual patient's needs.
Kirkland

Dr. Cho was always positive but always realistic with explanations. She was compassionate but didn't sugar coat the realities, risks, and expectations. She provided statisycs as well as her expert opinions when needed in a helpful manner. I wish she could have been my OB throughout my entire pregnancy...Dr. Cho was very responsive to my individual needs and requests. She accommodated my schedule and moved as quickly as we could to complete a successful cycle...
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask the hard questions, understand where you as a specific patient fall with regards to realistic expectations and outcomes.
IUI with clomid x5 cycles- Dr. Cho recommended IVF sooner but we wanted to ensure a good try with IUI. IVF with ICSI - x2 fresh cycles - cycle 1 wasn't as successful with retrieval as we hoped. This resulted with a chemical and 1 frozen. I did an immediate 2nd cycle making changes to simulation medications with a much more successful retrieval with a successful fresh transfer and multiple frozen embryos.
Nurses were responsive and helpful educating and providing information with each cycle. Sometimes I had to follow up and or remind my primary nurse. I enjoyed my interactions with other nurses that covered over the weekend over my primary
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They were able to get me appointments in a timely manner. They accommodated my schedule as best as they could. There were a few times the clinic was behind and I had to wait longer than preferred. Finance was extremely responsive and could always see me when I needed.
$30,000 for a fresh IVF with ICSI. This included medications.

2013 - 2014
I appreciated her [Dr Cho] honesty that we needed to move on for a better chance of getting pregnant if the treatment didn't work this time, especially since we were paying completely out of pocket...he is so compassionate and her bedside manner was exceptional, especially when she had to consult us after our first successful round during the ultrasound that the baby no longer had a heartbeat.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
My nurses and techs would relay to Michelle any concerns and she would call or email me right away and address everything. She would recommend the next course of treatment or testing but would always let us be in the driver's seat of the decision. She is so compassionate and her bedside manner was exceptional, especially when she had to consult us after our first successful round during the ultrasound that the baby no longer had a heartbeat. She checked in with us often during our short stop of treatment and was our biggest cheerleader for the next treatments. We successfully got pregnant on our last round of IUI before having to move onto IVF. I appreciated her honesty that we needed to move on for a better chance of getting pregnant if the treatment didn't work this time, especially since we were paying completely out of pocket.
Ask questions. She is a wealth of knowledge and helps you understand everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Justina Vasquez)
TIna was amazing. She would relay any concerns to Michele right away. She also helped me learn and practice giving injections and connected me with the best pharmacies to order the prescriptions from. She was well organized and had my whole protocol outlined. She would be very prompt in returning calls or emails and even checked in on us after we had our baby.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The only area I had difficulty with was the payments of the procedures. I felt like the payment coordinator needed more knowledge and compassion. We always had to pay for services after our appointment and some days I'd be in tears and having to hand over my debit card and all I wanted to do was go grieve in private. I feel there could be a better standard for receiving payment. Either upfront or an online account. Paying before the appointment would be better as well.
over 10,000
Kirkland

I did three days of Femara and an Ovidrel injection, followed with an IUI [with Dr. Cho]. We have been trying for 2 years and this was her first recommendation...Dr Cho was very friendly. I spoke with her in a private office and she explained things well... informative at the consultation, but that is the only time I have seen her. She cared about my history and listened to my concerns. However, Dr Cho did not cover in the consultation that she would not see me for follow ups, or be the one to do the IUI.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Cho was informative at the consultation, but that is the only time I have seen her. She cared about my history and listened to my concerns. However, Dr Cho did not cover in the consultation that she would not see me for follow ups, or be the one to do the IUI.
My advice would be to ask more questions regarding the procedures. Be sure to ask who does the procedures and what she recommends if the procedures fails. Does she ever do the procedures?
I did three days of Femara and an Ovidrel injection, followed with an IUI. We have been trying for 2 years and this was her first recommendation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The coordinators and staff are very responsive through the patient portal. However, I would not recommend getting answers over the phone.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic seems very organized at the consultation. It is very structured in regards to who you meet and what their part is. Everyone provides their own business card, which is helpful. The weakness would be offering a plan, but not telling me what to do when the plan doesn’t work. How many IUIs should I try, or what is the success rate of an IUI were nit explained to me.
This is still pending insurance, which won’t cover anything, but estimated $1000 for one IUI
Kirkland

She’s [Dr. Cho] very informative and answers all your questions honestly without giving you false hopes. She remembers you and what treatments you’ve done. She made me feel welcomed and provided us care and information during our loss....First 2 IUIs failed and after requesting a more aggressive approach she agreed without hesitation and it worked, although it ended at 8 weeks she saw me through it.... be ready for bumps in the road but Dr. Cho will guide you through it.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She’s very informative and answers all your questions honestly without giving you false hopes. She remembers you and what treatments you’ve done. She made me feel welcomed and provided us care and information during our loss.
You are in great hands, be ready for bumps in the road but Dr. Cho will guide you through it.
Very caring and provided us with helpful and honest information with great manners. Made us feel welcomed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy Burnett)
She replies in a timely manner with answers to my questions. Gets my prescriptions in very quickly.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I’ve been seeing them for 6 months and I haven’t had any issues with the staff. My appointments are 95% on time. The setting is clean and calm. The receptionist are extremely professional. The financial counselor is so informative.
Each IUI after insurance cost us approximately $350 with medications. Insurance has covered labs and ultrasounds.
Kirkland

Dr Cho was always real, she didn’t sugar coat anything to make me feel better. She has always given me real expectations and explained why things were important to my case. She offered her opinion but also respected my thoughts and opinions as well. Dr. Cho has her own personal experience with fertility which brings I believe more understanding and trust with the patient. She has helped me Feel at peace with treatment.
Don’t wait so long doing IUI. If it doesn’t work after 2, move on
I felt human because Dr Cho and staff were always here to answer my questions and concerns and any fears I had
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Justina ( Tina))
Tina is always very compassionate, will always discuss treatment, my questions and help me prepare for my next step. Tina has always been respectful and encouraged me not to give up.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Large staff to help out Good communication Mid-high prices Offers outside finance groups Would be nice to offer cash pay patients with no insurance a small discount. Overall I had a great experience with Seattle reproductive medicine
Kirkland

She [Dr. Cho] was very thorough and explained everything in a way that i could understand very well. She went into detail and expained all of my options and let me have a say in what path we took. I am very happy with the treatment I received and the results. ... She was very thorough and her team was always in contact with me and made it very easy to communicate with them. ... Dr. Cho is usually very booked.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was very thorough and explained everything in a way that i could understand very well. She went into detail and expained all of my options and let me have a say in what path we took. I am very happy with the treatment I received and the results.
If you want to meet with her, set the appointment ASAP, it takes about a month to see her for anything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katie Allbaugh)
Katie was amazing. I spoke with her on a weekly basis. She was a great communicator with timely responses and was a great liaison between myself and Dr. Cho, as Dr. Cho is usually very booked. Katie was always kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Love this clinic. I wish more doctor's office were this punctual and caring. I never waited a minute past my appointment time, and if I was early, they were always ready for me. Everyone was always extremely nice. I'll miss them all.