9.8

Michele Cho works at

12333 NE 130th Lane
Kirkland, WA 98034
206-301-5000

Most of my interactions were via a patient portal with a care coordinator and rarely with Dr. Cho directly. The doctor was uninvolved in addressing me holistically, like how to improve my egg quality or overall health to improve my chances to get pregnant. Since I wasn't planning to go through an involved procedure I don't believe I got adequate attention...I would not recommend this doctor for a woman who is at an advanced maternal age. I feel that I left without a sense of hope after the initial consultation
The patient waiting area [at SRM] was comfortable and the receptionist(s) were always helpful. Parking was easy enough but navigating through the hospital complex to get to the clinic took a lot of practice. Overall, the facility at Kirkland was enjoyable...Most of my interactions with the care coordinator were via voice mail or through the patient portal. They were not organized and I would have to request my labs be uploaded into the portal for me to view them.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I would not recommend this doctor for a woman who is at an advanced maternal age. I feel that I left without a sense of hope after the initial consultation. I do feel confident, however, that this doctor would explore appropriate treatment plans for patients with known fertility issues that did not include diminished ovarian reserve. She was willing to answer any questions I had, but I didn't always know the right questions to ask. I was left to research ways to support my own treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask Dr. Cho, "Is there anything else that I should/could be doing to support my treatment?"
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho had determined during my consultation that there would be little value to IVF. My treatment going forward was a course of Letrozole, Gonal-F injections, and timed intercourse. Most of my interactions were via a patient portal with a care coordinator and rarely with Dr. Cho directly. The doctor was uninvolved in addressing me holistically, like how to improve my egg quality or overall health to improve my chances to get pregnant. Since I wasn't planning to go through an involved procedure I don't believe I got adequate attention. I only received a handout about how to improve my egg quality when I requested additional resources.
Describe the protocols Michele Cho used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Cho limited us to 3 cycles of medication with Letrozole and IUI before we would be required to explore a donor egg. The rationale was that she only believed I had a 5% chance of conceiving with my own egg because of my advanced maternal age. I conceived after our first complete IUI that included: Letrozole, Gonal-F, and a trigger shot. This pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage at 8 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy Burchell)
Most of my interactions with the care coordinator were via voice mail or through the patient portal. They were not organized and I would have to request my labs be uploaded into the portal for me to view them. Two sets of labs that were run on two separate occasions were ultimately lost: blood type and sperm analysis. I also had to correct the Gonal-F strength she was instructing me to take because it was different than what was on my initial treatment plan. She apologized for the error but I lost a bit of confidence in the care team after that.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The patient waiting area was comfortable and the receptionist(s) were always helpful. Parking was easy enough but navigating through the hospital complex to get to the clinic took a lot of practice. Overall, the facility at Kirkland was enjoyable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Medical Services $220 IUI $367 Gonal-F $1,165.88 Letrozole 183.02
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Overall, the clinic lacks organization. The loss of lab results, not providing me with supplemental resources unless requested, and instructing me to take the wrong dose of medication could all be remedied with a more organized team and better patient care.
Michele Cho
Kirkland

I did three days of Femara and an Ovidrel injection, followed with an IUI [with Dr. Cho]. We have been trying for 2 years and this was her first recommendation...Dr Cho was very friendly. I spoke with her in a private office and she explained things well... informative at the consultation, but that is the only time I have seen her. She cared about my history and listened to my concerns. However, Dr Cho did not cover in the consultation that she would not see me for follow ups, or be the one to do the IUI.
The coordinators and staff [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] are very responsive through the patient portal. However, I would not recommend getting answers over the phone... estimated $1000 for one IUI...The clinic seems very organized at the consultation. It is very structured in regards to who you meet and what their part is. Everyone provides their own business card, which is helpful. The weakness would be offering a plan, but not telling me what to do when the plan doesn’t work. How many IUIs should I try, or what is the success rate of an IUI were nit explained to me.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Cho was informative at the consultation, but that is the only time I have seen her. She cared about my history and listened to my concerns. However, Dr Cho did not cover in the consultation that she would not see me for follow ups, or be the one to do the IUI.
My advice would be to ask more questions regarding the procedures. Be sure to ask who does the procedures and what she recommends if the procedures fails. Does she ever do the procedures?
I did three days of Femara and an Ovidrel injection, followed with an IUI. We have been trying for 2 years and this was her first recommendation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The coordinators and staff are very responsive through the patient portal. However, I would not recommend getting answers over the phone.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
This is still pending insurance, which won’t cover anything, but estimated $1000 for one IUI
Michele Cho