9.7

Michele Cho works at

12333 NE 130th Lane
Kirkland, WA 98034
206-301-5000

Dr. Cho did no t treat me as a number. She was very personable. ... I was prescribed levothyroxine and metformin right off the bat. Also was put on progesterone to help induce a period then to take letrozole. Was advised to track ovulation with OPKs. First few cycles were unmonitored - however the progesterone never induced a period. So then started to go in for baseline ultrasounds every week to see if there were any progress. I
My appointments have always been on time [at Seattle Reproductive Med-Kirkland]. Clinic is clean. Leave extra time to find parking since there are days where parking is easy and there are days where parking is hard to find since it is shared with Evergreen Hospital. Only thing is that at times the front desk will not acknowledge you as you wait to check in. And when you have a balance pending, they ask if you would like to pay. One time I had said I had just mailed a check in and the front desk had to ask if it was OK that I’d be seen since the payment hasn’t been received yet, etc. I thought it was a little overkill since I mailed the check out the day prior so it would take another day or two before they receive it. Other than that, I am happy with the clinic.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I left our first time meeting feeling good. Nervous but happy to have been able to see a doctor who listened to us and explained things. Just wish I would hear more from her when I would email the clinic or at least see her. I haven’t seen her since the initial consultation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Write down any questions you have and ask them when you meet with her for the first time. I wish I had done so. I had so many questions I wasn’t able to ask because I didnt think of them at the time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho did no t treat me as a number. She was very personable. She answered any questions we had and gave us reassurance that she will do whatever she can to help us achieve a healthy pregnancy.
Describe the protocols Michele Cho used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was prescribed levothyroxine and metformin right off the bat. Also was put on progesterone to help induce a period then to take letrozole. Was advised to track ovulation with OPKs. First few cycles were unmonitored - however the progesterone never induced a period. So then started to go in for baseline ultrasounds every week to see if there were any progress. I would not end up producing follicles but would have cysts instead. The protocol was then changed to a higher dosage of letrozole and added dexamethasone. The cysts went away and started producing follicles. Tracked ovulation using OPKs and timed intercourse. Did one cycle with ovidrel. Ended with a negative pregnancy test but now I am getting my periods on my own like clockwork.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
My Nurse Tina is a great communicator. She is the one I talk to most of the time.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My appointments have always been on time. Clinic is clean. Leave extra time to find parking since there are days where parking is easy and there are days where parking is hard to find since it is shared with Evergreen Hospital. Only thing is that at times the front desk will not acknowledge you as you wait to check in. And when you have a balance pending, they ask if you would like to pay. One time I had said I had just mailed a check in and the front desk had to ask if it was OK that I’d be seen since the payment hasn’t been received yet, etc. I thought it was a little overkill since I mailed the check out the day prior so it would take another day or two before they receive it. Other than that, I am happy with the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Insurance has covered a good portion. Have had to pay out of pocket for whatever insurance hasn’t covered. I would say we have spent about maybe less than $1,000 within the year including any prescriptions.
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Had the wrong prescription filled once. Went to the pharmacy to find that out and the clinic was already closed so had to wait until the next day to call.
Michele Cho
Treated 2016 - 2017
Whenever I needed to consult the doctor, that was arranged for me promptly, usually within that day. When I met with the doctor [Dr. Cho] directly, she made time to answer all of my questions and never gave me the impression that there was a time limit to that...She seemed knowledgeable and compassionate when I met with her. I always had lots of questions, and those questions were answered. I did not get pregnant, but I never felt that was due to poor treatment.
The network of nurses and other support personnel [Seattle Repro Med] were amazing and always available. It was very easy to get questions answered -- and I had a lot of them. Costs and dealing with billing were downsides, but I'm not sure what could be done to change this....The clinic had a good set-up -- most of the time, I would communicate with a nurse/physician's assistant, who would respond quickly to all online or phone questions.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure to schedule an appointment specifically with the doctor if/when there are major questions -- the support staff are amazing with the day-to-day, so it's easy to forget that the doctor is there to talk about the major treatment options.
The clinic had a good set-up -- most of the time, I would communicate with a nurse/physician's assistant, who would respond quickly to all online or phone questions. Whenever I needed to consult the doctor, that was arranged for me promptly, usually within that day. When I met with the doctor directly, she made time to answer all of my questions and never gave me the impression that there was a time limit to that.
There were no indications of infertility (other than age), so we started with unmedicated IUI treatments for the first few months. When those did not work, I added letrozole for a couple of months. After meeting with Dr. Cho, we decided to add fertility injections (keeping the letrozole as well) and a trigger shot before the IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I was assigned a nurse from the first appointment and communicated with her regularly over the next several months (I don't remember her name mainly because I'm terrible with names -- it might have been Katie). I saw her almost every time I went into the office for any treatments, and she was my main point of communication for questions during the various cycles. I have nothing but good things to say about her!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The network of nurses and other support personnel were amazing and always available. It was very easy to get questions answered -- and I had a lot of them. Costs and dealing with billing were downsides, but I'm not sure what could be done to change this.
My insurance was good at the time, so costs were manageable. Even copays were in the hundreds of dollars, however, so it did cost a lot of money -- without insurance, I assume this would be extremely expensive.
Describe Michele Cho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Michele Cho