Micheline Chu

Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish)

Medical SchoolHarvard
Flushing, NY 11354
Manhasset
300 Community Dr.
Manhasset, NY 11030
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Micheline Chu to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish) to a friend?
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
If you don’t mind straight forward advice and no fluff - yes. [Dr. Micheline Chu] smart and to the point...so far, has been great. I appreciate her candor. Although, I wish I could get ahold of her directly verses having to call my nurse, wait for a response then speak through the nurse. But, that’s RMA’s policy not the doctor’s...Dr. Chu and the rest of the team at Englewood do their best to treat you like a “human”.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Chu, so far, has been great. I appreciate her candor. Although, I wish I could get ahold of her directly verses having to call my nurse, wait for a response then speak through the nurse. But, that’s RMA’s policy not the doctor’s.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
If you don’t mind straight forward advice and no fluff - yes. She’s smart and to the point. You need to understand what type of doctor you need prior to joining RMA. If you need more emotional support Dr. Cosantini may be a better fit, and she’s in the same location.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
RMA can be very clinical - you do feel like a number there. Dr. Chu and the rest of the team at Englewood do their best to treat you like a “human”. Honestly, it depends on my mood. Many times I’m frustrated that I am there, dealing with this situation and there really is no amount of personable care that would make it feel less sterile. It’s the situation in itself that makes the process feel like this. I don’t believe Dr. Chu is responsible for my feelings though.
Describe the protocols Micheline Chu used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I’ve done only medicated IUIs all according to our plan - but extended quantity wise due to Insurance requiring a “lesser vs. more” clause.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
There were times I was frustrated by the nursing situation. Many times RMA runs like a well oiled Machine And you are expected to just trust your team. That is not my personality, and I like knowing the details and reasoning for each procedure/medicine adjustment. After explaining this and requesting my documented paperwork - I received more explicit detailed messages and feel happier about the situation. I also recently received a new nurse assignment and appreciate her style much more than my original assigned nurse.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is the best in NJ. They have the best birth rates and I know three people who have beautiful babies because of their care. RMA can feel like a cattle call. I do not find monitoring hours to be convenient since I still must travel a ways regardless of location. The AM time frames are exhaustingly early and strict. There is no wiggle room in their schedule because they see so many patients in a day. Just know you’ll be there 3+ times a week before dawn, and there will still be a line. I’m getting used to it though.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey.
Insurance covered some, but I did hit my deductibles. I also suspect I will hit my next year deductible as well.
Describe Micheline Chu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
No experience here
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Englewood
She has been very informative and helped me to know what would go on. I wanted to Move quick to get started and she was totally on board to work with what I wanted. She was eager to help. I appreciated her bedside manner. Always positive and comforting through everything I’ve done thus far.... We used an antagonist protocol. I was on 450 follistim with 20 hcg. Adding ganirelix. My trigger was .5 pregnyl and 40 lupron 12 hours apart
How was your experience with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
Ask questions if you have hem. She will answer.
She always made me feel comfortable. Gave me all information and was positive along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Minot)
She was always great at getting back to me. Sometimes failed to provide me with results of bloodwork, husbands seaman analysis, but I never felt like it was detrimental to relationship with her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Efficient! I was always treated well and never wasted anytime within the facility. Everything ran very smoothly. all Of the Drs I saw were informative kind. All of the office staff were also great and helpful anytime I had a question when I called or while I’m clinic. They never wasted my time. Which I really appreciated.
Expensive because our insurance had a lifetime max of 5k. The retrieval our of pocket was 16k and meds for retrieval 4.5k
Doing eSET.
Englewood
Dr. Chu is very nice. She explained the risk and all with iuis. I talked more with Lisa, her nurse about procedures and answers all my questions and my concerns. I feel that dr. Chu is very brief unless I asked for explanations. She is very thorough with what I’ll expect and what’s the next step...1st iui - used only ovidrel 2nd and 3rd - folistim and ovidrel... just ask a lot of questions and don’t hesitate to ask everything you want to know.
How was your experience with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
Ask a lot of questions and explanations. Not sure about other fertility doctors, but I’m use to doctors explaining everything to me and have a plan. They’re really just there to get you pregnant and figure out what is going on and what they can do to get you to point. But just ask a lot of questions and don’t hesitate to ask everything you want to know.
1st iui - used only ovidrel 2nd and 3rd - folistim and ovidrel
Lisa was very nice. She communicated with me and emailed me to answer my concerns and questions. She was very detailed especially with my blood work because I asked for it. She understands my feelings and concerns and communicated with sr. Chu as well.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They are very organize which I loved. Monitory days are fast and orders are ready and you’re out of there quick- especially if you work. Staff were very nice and greets you in the early mornings. Lab staff were on time and docs were on time as well.
Marlton