Medical SchoolWayne State
FellowshipCleveland Clinic
4920 N Central Ave
Chicago, IL 60630
Crystal Lake
820 East Terra Cotta Ave.
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
30 Tower Court
Gurnee, IL 60031
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michelle Catenacci to a friend?

4.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago to a friend?
6 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
She [Dr. Catenacci] was the first doctor who actually listened to me, and genuinely wanted to help ease my fears and anxieties. She is patient, kind and empathetic. She takes the time to answer questions and explain things until I completely understand and I’m comfortable with the plan/procedure. Something I hadn’t experienced from the other specialist I have seen...is very thorough, confident and trustworthy. She is also very personable. When things haven’t gone as planned she calls me to talk about results, answer questions and explains upcoming procedures and expectations. My only regret is not switching to her sooner. She is the best and being under her care is helping us get closer to achieving our dream of a family.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Michelle Catenacci at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Dr. Catenacci is very thorough, confident and trustworthy. She is also very personable. When things haven’t gone as planned she calls me to talk about results, answer questions and explains upcoming procedures and expectations. My only regret is not switching to her sooner. She is the best and being under her care is helping us get closer to achieving our dream of a family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michelle Catenacci at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions or express feelings/fears.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michelle Catenacci at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
She was the first doctor who actually listened to me, and genuinely wanted to help ease my fears and anxieties. She is patient, kind and empathetic. She takes the time to answer questions and explain things until I completely understand and I’m comfortable with the plan/procedure. Something I hadn’t experienced from the other specialist I have seen.
Describe the protocols Michelle Catenacci used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago and their degree of success.
I have yet to do a cycle with her. I have frozen embryos we were getting ready to prep for transfer and she found (precancerous) polyps in my uterus. Which her then removed and sent to the lab. So we are working on getting my uterus healthy before moving on to transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Aminty )
She is kind and compassionate. We communicate mostly via email and she is good at responding in a timely fashion.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
The only weakness AFCC has is the front desk/receptionist. I have had to call serval times to have records faxed, leave of absence papers signed, been placed on hold for long periods of time and overall treated as if I’m a burden. Once I was told by the receptionist that she was struggling to keep up because someone had left on maternity leave and I would have to be patient....probably not the most sensitive thing to say to a patient at a fertility clinic.
Describe Michelle Catenacci's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
I have done two embryo transfers with dr. Sherbahn. Both resulting in miscarriages. 6 weeks and 13weeks. I wanted to transfer two dr. Sherbahn strongly suggested one, but we did it Sherbahn’s way Dr. Catenacci is ok with transferring 2 and I’m very happy about that.
Gurnee

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michelle Catenacci at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.

I had to ask questions for conversation [with Dr. Catenacci]. She seemed knowledge of my medical history, demonstrating good recall. She smiled a lot and was friendly. Overall I had a good experience but I wouldn't say it was above and beyond... I ended up with 15 eggs retrieved and 13 fertilized with ICSI. I transferred one fresh embryo and sent the rest for PGS testing...She gave us the option of transferring 1 or 2 fresh. She didn't provide a whole lot of insight or guide us towards a decision. I wish she would have given more support in either direction.
She seemed kind. She answered all my questions but was also yo the point and didn't expand the conversation. I had to ask questions for conversation. She seemed knowledge of my medical history, demonstrating good recall. She smiled a lot and was friendly. Overall I had a good experience but I wouldn't say it was above and beyond.
Be sure to ask questions to get all the information you seek.
The nurses were very kind and patient. They were quick to respond and answered all my questions. They were easy to get a hold of.
I printed with estrogen due to a low AFC of 7. For stims I used low dose HCG, gonal F, cetrotide, and triggered with 5,000 units HCG. I ended up with 15 eggs retrieved and 13 fertilized with ICSI. I transferred one fresh embryo and sent the rest for PGS testing. I am still waiting to find out how many made it to blast for testing, the results of testing, and results of the fresh embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Sue)
I mainly dealt with 2 nurses (Sue out of the main Gurnee clinic, and Ashley at the Crystal Lake clinic where I went for monitoring). They were both great. They were very responsive, kind, supportive, understanding, answered all my questions, were quick to respond.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
They are a much smaller clinic then I previously went to so they took getting used to. They are easy to get in touch with and quick to respond. They called with monitoring results when they said they would. It was quick and easy to schedule appointments. They didnt provide as much in writing as I would have liked. They would just call with med changes and I prefer to have a completed calendar on hand.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michelle Catenacci at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
We opted for the no refund package that includes 2 Fresh and 2 Frozen Transfers with ICSI for $20k. We spent an additional $3800 for PGS testing on up to 8 embryos.

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Catenacci is very good about explaining EVERYTHING then really leaving it to the patient to decide what they want to do with their choices and odds... I am a very anxiety ridden person and she makes me feel so much better... After the third loss we decided to do a karyotype on my husband. He had a balanced translocation. We tried IUI with climid then as a couple decided we liked the odds of using donor eggs via IVF much better than trying and maybe getting our cycle canceled with my own.
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Catenacci is a kind and compassionate human being. She is humble yet straight forward. She knows how hard this journey is and from the first day I met her she had an action PLAN. I am a very anxiety ridden person and she makes me feel so much better. The entire office staff is amazing as well. If I win this grant I will either donate it or use it in the future for the IVF transfer of the one frozen embryo we have.
I would say keep the faith. In times of trouble and loss it’s hard to be positive but with Dr. Catenacci and her staff they will get you through it. They will not give up on you. They want make you feel annoying if you email 10x a day with worry or questions. They treat you like a member of their family at the Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
This has been a very hard journey for me. I come from a HUGE family (my mom is one of 11) and each person has had no fertility issues and many kids of their own. AFCC has treated me with kindness, compassion and HOPE throughout my journey. I currently am almost six weeks pregnant after my first round of donor eggs AND a sperm donor.
I am 27 and diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve/ more than one loss. After the third loss we decided to do a karyotype on my husband. He had a balanced translocation. We tried IUI with climid then as a couple decided we liked the odds of using donor eggs via IVF much better than trying and maybe getting our cycle canceled with my own. Our babies will come from donors and we are completely OK with that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Ashley, RN and Aminty, RN and Kathy, RN (she might be an ultrasound tech))
I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about the staff I worked with. I even asked my husband if he thought it would be weird if I invite them to my baby shower! They are caring and compassionate people and on top of that are always available. You wouldn’t know they work with so many other patients too because they never make you feel like it.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Their strengths are their compassion and their knowledge. I also never felt like I was just a number being a patient there. They cry with you and smile with you. I hate to sound cliche but I have not experienced one miscommunication or misstep with this clinic so I have not one weakness to describe. The individuals I work with I would recommend to anyone.
Our insurance covers nothing so of course the price was extreme. We did require help of family members to afford our treatment.
Gurnee

I never saw Dr. Catenacci besides our very firs consultation appointment. She had me under go 3 rounds of IUI and each one came back negative. After my 3rd failed IUI, she then had the nurse call me (per usual) and tell me that the doctor thinks we should check to see if my tubes are open if we want to move forward with another IUI. I feel, that should have been done my very FIRST appointment, because if they are blocked.. I just wasted a lot of time and a lot of our hard earned money. That's when I left and got a 2nd opinion.
Make sure you are knowledgeable about treatments and what needs to be done before hand.
Our first initial appointment with Dr. C was good. She explained everything thoroughly, answered all of our questions, and gave us a step by step of what procedures we would be doing and how long we would try them. That was the ONLY time I've ever seen her. Everything IUI procedure was done by a different nurse, the nurses would be the ones to contact me and tell me my next steps. She didn't exceed in the patient care in my eyes.
I was on Femara/Clomid each cycle.. 3 pills for 5 days. Ultrasound to check follicles, trigger point shot when ovulating, husband would collect sperm and the IUI would be done an hour later.
the nursing staff is awesome. Each nurse I had was very knowledgeable and showed compassion each and every time.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
the nursing staff is great! They all seem very knowledgeable, always answer any questions you may have to the best of there ability, and all made me feel very comfortable during each ultrasound, and iui procedure. if you're going with Dr.C don't plan on seeing her or communicating with her at all.
Each IUI cost me about 1600

2014 - 2018
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Catenacci is very knowledgeable and truly cares for her patients and wants the best for them. I was never afraid to contact her directly and she always got back to me in a timely manner. If my husband and I saw something different or intriguing in treatment on the Internet, she was always open to listening and suggesting her thoughts and new ways to see what would work....Each cycle was pretty much the same. We did five egg retrievals and all of them were about the same dosage of Follistem/Gonal F (300iu-450iu).
2014 - 2018
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
I wouldn't say this with just Dr. Catenacci, but to RE's in general, I wish they would better accept the fact that sometimes there are immune issues that are working against the patient to carry a pregnancy. I would always say you need to be your own advocate. You know your body more than anyone.
Dr. Catenacci was always there for me through EVERYTHING we have been through. When we had a miscarriage, she would call me personally to check on me. If we ever had any questions or concerns, she genuinely took the time with us to answer them.
Each cycle was pretty much the same. We did five egg retrievals and all of them were about the same dosage of Follistem/Gonal F (300iu-450iu). I'd stim for about 10-11 days with retrieval on days 12 or 13. She paid close attention to my estrogen levels and was very careful to avoid OHSS - which I greatly appreciated. The clinic uses the patients weight when prescribing PIO so I was usually on 2.4cc of PIO. I was on 2-3 pills a day of Estradiol and also baby aspirin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Ashley in the Crystal Lake office was incredible. She answered any and all questions or concerns we had via phone or email almost instantly. The nursing staff in general at AFCC are extremely compassionate and I'm forever thankful for how I was treated by them. Def as a patient and not a number.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
AFCC def has a lot of strengths and I think their success rates prove that. I'm thrilled that over 98% of their staff truly show compassion and care towards the patient and truly want the end result - a child - for everyone. Our surrogacy coordinator didn't show a ton of compassion and could be rude at times, but overall, I love AFCC.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
I was actually happy with them doing their monitoring appointments in the early mornings. It meant that we would have results sooner. The only frustrating thing was that monitoring was done in their Gurnee office, which was a lot farther for me on the weekends.
I had insurance coverage for 85% of our treatments, so it is hard to say. But for our surrogate cycle, we paid $4000 for our frozen transfer and $800 for each time we froze embryos.
Chicago

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Catenacci has a great personality, she is fun to talk to and she will give it to you straight. She is my second doctor and what a difference she is compared to my first doctor! She told me things that I was diagnosed with that the other clinic had me guessing, never told me outright, so then she set up a plan for us and we’re working on it. She has great bedside manner and makes you feel comfortable even when there are times you wouldn’t. I don’t know what else to say, except that she’s amazing!... She helps with your specific needs and strategizes accordingly. She is very helpful and makes sure you are at your best health before proceeding.
Ask all questions. She will have answers for you.
She and her staff are super into you and your needs they don’t schedule so many people at one time so you feel like a person and not a number. Previous clinic I did feel like a number and it was disheartening.
I don’t remember super specifics, but the strategies and protocols are right in line with what I hear from others. She helps with your specific needs and strategizes accordingly. She is very helpful and makes sure you are at your best health before proceeding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Deena)
Any of Dr Catenacci’s staff that I have dealt with are always super nice and very helpful and very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Very easy to work with especially with schedules and appointments. Always have someone ready to treat you or check you when you come in, never wait long. They are always on top of calling you in the afternoon with results from that day. Only one time did I have to call myself, but that was the lab that failed to get back to me.
It’s hard to tell because I have insurance and deductibles to meet for procedures and meds.
All approaches from my doctor have been on point.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Gurnee

My first round of IVF [with Dr. Michelle Catenacci] was a typical IVF however it didn't produce enough eggs so it was converted. After that, we became very aggressive and did the Microdose Lupron flare. This produced 11 eggs but only two were retrieved. Additionally, I took Coq10 and DHEA on a daily basis...I appreciated that she personally called me when my eggs did not make it to Day 2; however that was my only interaction with her. All other interactions was with her nurse which was frustrating. I would have liked her to at least check in with me during the cycles
Dr. Catenacci is great to meet in person; however, the only time I spoke with her was our initial consultation, another consultation that I specifically requested and when she called to tell me that my embryos did not make it. It is very disappointing that she never calls me to discuss next steps or even to check-in as this is a very expensive, stressful process. I honestly thought about leaving her office after my first failed IVF but I stayed because of her nurses. It is disheartening that everything is run by the staff and not Dr. Catenacci.
Don't expect to hear from Dr. Catenacci except for initial meeting and failed IVF embryos.
My first round of IVF was a typical IVF however it didn't produce enough eggs so it was converted. After that, we became very aggressive and did the Microdose Lupron flare. This produced 11 eggs but only two were retrieved. Additionally, I took Coq10 and DHEA on a daily basis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Cathy was absolutely amazing. She was beyond supportive and would spend as much time with me as I needed. There is literally nothing negative I could say about her. I would recommend her to anyone!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
The clinic has multiple locations, is clean and all of the staff (even technicians) are super friendly and inviting. The doctors are extremely knowledgeable. The weakness is lack of direct communication with the doctors (it is my understanding that all of the doctors are like this).
My insurance covered a lot of the expenses - we ended up paying out of pocket around $15,000
For my case, she recommended that I transfer 2 embryos (assuming there were 2 embryos) due to my low quality
Chicago

Dr. Catenacci was fantastic. She presented us with all our options and let us drive our treatment considering her recommendations. She presented all the information and then let us decide, which we greatly appreciated. After our miscarriage, she was reassuring and encouraging. She made sure we had all our bases covered before trying again....First, we had a consultation that showed PCOS. I was referred to have a glucose test to confirm and then start metformin to help with insulin resistance. We started with ovulation induction with clomid and a trigger with timed intercourse. My lining was too thin after 2 rounds and I had a slow response, so we moved on to letrozole and trigger with timed intercourse
European, Latino
Dr. Catenacci is wonderful. She will talk you through everything, but make sure to have questions so you understand all your options as you will drive your treatment plan.
I personally enjoyed the level of personal care under Dr. Catennacci. Especially the care provided by the nurses. Every person has nurse assigned to their personal case, and it my situation it was Ashley. She was wonderful and knew everything about my situation. She answered all my questions with compassion and I felt Ashley wanted our pregnancy as much as we did. Dr. Catennacci has a great bedside manner. I appreciate her giving all the information and answering my questions directly, but still with compassion. After our miscarriage, both Dr. Catennacci and Ashley were immensely supportive.
First, we had a consultation that showed PCOS. I was referred to have a glucose test to confirm and then start metformin to help with insulin resistance. We started with ovulation induction with clomid and a trigger with timed intercourse. My lining was too thin after 2 rounds and I had a slow response, so we moved on to letrozole and trigger with timed intercourse. We started with the highest dose of letrozole since it took me a dose of 150 with clomid to ovulate. After 5 unsuccessful rounds of ovulation induction with timed intercourse, we moved on to IUI. Our IUI cycles used the highest dose of letrozole and a trigger shot. We had 2 successful IUIs. The first resulting in a miscarriage and the second in a live birth.
Ashley was amazing. Absolutely amazing. This journey is so hard. Having someone like Ashley there for support and guidance was invaluable. She answered all my questions, no matter how silly, and was always patient and compassionate. Even if I hadn't liked Dr. Catenacci, I would have stayed at the clinic for Ashley.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
I enjoyed the small feel of the clinic. I always recognized nurses and they take time to get to know you. It was always easy to get appointments and the staff is wonderful. I felt we were really able to make our own decisions about how agressive our care was, so make sure to ask questions to understand your options.
Each IUI cost us 550 out of pocket. Ultrasounds were 300 but covered by insurance.
Crystal Lake

Dr. Catenacci was always nice, but I didn't interact with her that much...Dr. Catenachi is personable, friendly and easy to talk to... I decided to change clinics after my first cycle was cancelled and my second one only resulted in 1 embryo. I do have lower reserve, but i was given a 40% chance of success based on my AFC during the initial consult. I decided to change doctors because I didn't feel she was that invested in achieving success for me.
Dr. Catenacci was always nice, but I didn't interact with her that much. I decided to change clinics after my first cycle was cancelled and my second one only resulted in 1 embryo. I do have lower reserve, but i was given a 40% chance of success based on my AFC during the initial consult. I decided to change doctors because I didn't feel she was that invested in achieving success for me.
Expect the communication to be only through the nurses unless she is the doctor performing procedures the day of your procedures or if you schedule a meeting with her.
Dr. Catenachi is personable, friendly and easy to talk to. However AFCC uses their nursing staff to do all the communication, even for big decisions like cancelling a cycle or calling with a negative pregnancy test result. While the nurses were kind, I would have appreciate more communication from the doctor directly. I believe they see alot of patients, so the communication style did make me feel like a number.
While my AMH and AFC are somewhat lower for my age, they never expected for the cycles to go as badly as they did. My first cycle was birth control and then antagonist. It was cancelled due to poor response and converted to IUI. Given my lower reserve, I don't think we should have ever tried birth control suppression. The second cycle we did estrogen priming with microdose lupron and HGH. Results were somewhat better, but we only retrieved 2 eggs and got 1 embryo. I know the doctors can't be blamed for poor response, but on my third IVF (at a different clinic), I was able to get 12 eggs (8 mature) from an estrogen priming and antagonist protocol with max stims. So the protocol and the administration of the cycle (doses, triggering, etc) can make all the difference.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Donna)
Nurses were all friendly and usually pretty prompt in responding to calls and emails. They do seem to have a high caseload and be extremely busy.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
I was drawn to AFCC due to their transparency in pricing and success rates on their website. I also found their success rates to be very good. As previously mentioned, I didn't like the communication style of all communication through nurses, even for important decisions like cancelling cycles and negative pregnancy test results.
I have some insurance up to a lifetime max, so things were covered once we hit deductible and OOP max.
Chicago

Dr. Catenacci was very warm and informational. She asked for all the tests and results from previous IVF. ... One thing I wish would be different is to see her and consult with her during the whole process. Instead we saw her only once on the first visit and second time on the egg retrieval day. She not even schedule to do our transfer. For this much money and such a stressful process, you for sure would wish for your doctor to take care of you from the beginning till the very end
Please see previous explanation. Like I said before I like everything about the doctor besides not being able to see her and consult with her more often. Other thank that I would recommend her to my friends, for sure.
Don’t expect to see her or talk to her often. You will be consulting everything with nurses.
Dr. Catenacci was very warm and informational. She asked for all the tests and results from previous IVF. She took us under her wing with professionalisms. One thing I wish would be different is to see her and consult with her during the whole process. Instead we saw her only once on the first visit and second time on the egg retrieval day. She not even schedule to do our transfer. For this much money and such a stressful process, you for sure would wish for your doctor to take care of you from the beginning till the very end.
Deena is an excellent nurse and communicator. She always stands on the top of everything, is VERY helpful, informational and has a great eye to details.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Great service. I for sure learned that Tiffany from the front desk most of the times is a nice person but when something will go wrong because of the bad communication on their end, she is not the one to apologize or act sorry. Other than that appts are very quick, you are in and out with no time and the rest of the personnel is always very nice. One thing they could do is to update their bathrooms (for one, hand dryer is very old and extra noisy).
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
She took the time to understand my history and go over detailed results from testing of my past loss and all the tests I had done on myself and my partner. She is so knowledgable about all of this and I learned so much from her. When I saw her for bigger procedures she always remembered me. I felt I was in the best hands!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
She is wonderful!
The staff were all so patient to answer all questions and provide any support I needed. Dr C sees so many women and always remembered my case specifically.
Every medicated cycle was closely monitored and customized along the way on Dr C's direction after reviewing ultrasound and bloodwork results. We did several cycles with clomid and IUI with no success, and decided to move onto IVF which had much higher chances. The next step was always my call, she never pressured me to get more aggressive with the treatment.
They were amazing, spent a lot of time on the phone with me answering questions. I also loved being able to email with my nurse.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Several locations was great. And a large staff meant they could always fit me in, but I never felt like a number.
Cash IUI cycles were around 1400 (?) incl all the monitoring required. They had seperate prices for those paying out of pocket. Also a risk-sharing package that included a few cycles guaranteeing a pregnancy or your money back

2017 - 2019
She [Dr. Catenacci] had me start least invasive with clomid and IUI. The next step was injections and the final step would be IVF. I have not been able to continue treatment because I don’t have medical insurance that covers these treatments. In the meantime she also encourage me to try and lose weight as that should help with pcos...I feel like She really cared about my needs and what was/is best for me. When I called with questions or concerns they were quick to respond back.
2017 - 2019
Michelle took time to sit down with me and explain different treatments and a plan of action. I felt like she really cared about my concerns and needs. She was honest about best treatment for my Pcos and was very honest about possible risks.
Explain your wants, needs, concerns.
She had me start least invasive with clomid and IUI. The next step was injections and the final step would be IVF. I have not been able to continue treatment because I don’t have medical insurance that covers these treatments. In the meantime she also encourage me to try and lose weight as that should help with pcos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Dina)
I love Dina! She is very compassionate and would answer any questions I had. She never seemed irritated or annoyed with me. I have spoke primarily to her so I feel like she truly cares about patients.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Love that they open early but wish they were open later in the day. I love that they are open on Saturdays. Staff truly cares for their patients and takes the time to call me back. They are great at answering questions in a timely manner.
She did not discuss this with me yet as we didn’t process with IVF yet for financial reasons.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
[Dr. Michelle Carenacci had a] Great bedside manner. Direct in approach but yet caring and informative. Perfect mix for what i need. Gave us hope but yet set realistic expectations...Takes time to answer questions. Always extremely friendly demeanor. Always on time for appointments. When having my "freak out" and "anxiety" filled moments as a patient she was always there to help me through it.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Direct but yet compassionate. Provides hope but also sets realistic expectations. Takes time to answer questions. Always extremely friendly demeanor. Always on time for appointments. When having my "freak out" and "anxiety" filled moments as a patient she was always there to help me through it.
Be open and honest with your feelings and concerns. Dr Catenacci will walk you through all of them.
Puts patients at ease. Extremely friendly. Has all the answers. In high anxiety moment kept mood light.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Appointments always on time. Always get as soon as walk in and say good bye when you leave. Get excited for you when things workout and showed empathy when they didnt. Truly felt like they cared from the very first phone call to make the 1st appt.
Didnt have insurance coverage for majority of stuff but clinic billed what they could under it. Gave payment plan to help for cash payment. Very flexible and understanding with cost. Paid for "package" for iui and ivf.
Doctor left decision to us. Shared risks and factors to multiple transfer. Due to history made recommendation but not overly pushy. Left option of 1 or 2 to us. Had more available but did not provide as option.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I went to see Catanacci between doctors. I was planning to continue with her when a desired doctor closer to where I lived switched over to my insurance so I moved forward with her. I thought Catanacci was outstanding and if it was not for the lengthy drive I would continue with her. ... She seemed as though she was my peer. ... The plan was: low dose HCG interchangeably with Menopur
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
She is very familiar and personable. Make sure to tell her what you are comfortable with.
Catennaci was very amazing and had wonderful bedside manner. She seemed as though she was my peer.
The plan was: low dose HCG interchangeably with Menopur. It is what we typically use as the "LH" for your cycle. Menopur is LH and FSH together. with estrogen patches and Lupron
Deena was amazing. She worked closely with me and my insurance agency to make sure that we had everything we needed.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
They charged a $400 for a cancelled cycle on my part. I understood that going in. I cannot think of anything additional. I thought it was a great and clean clinic. I would recommend to others. They were very attentive.
I think most was covered under insurance.
She suggested 1 I believe
Gurnee

Dr Catenacci was very compassionate when it came to getting me pregnant. she met with me and my husband at our initial consult and completed all the IVF procedures. During my procedures I never felt uncomfortable and she made sure I knew what was going on. ... Dr was strong on only transferring 1 PGS tested embryo at a time. We were trying to avoid multiples as much as possible so we were ok with this approach
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
All procedures done in house which was local to me no need to drive to the city. Staff was kind and professional and always on time. Making appointments was a breeze. They were very friendly.