Strongly recommend: 42%Don't recommend: 58%5

Laguna Hills
23521 Paseo de Valencia
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
949-666-2229

The doctor [Dr. Abae} was extremely knowledgeable. The way he explained everything was factual and not emotional which helped a lot since I was already very sensitive. He was also the person to preform my hsg and ultrasounds so it was so comforting knowing he knew exactly what was going on and he spoke with me and explained what was going on through each procedure. ... it was determined IVF with ICSI is our best option due to Male factor infertility due to motility and morphology and PCOS.
When you call they recognize you as a patient and they take care of you right away. Its a very smooth operation. In the surgery suite it is set up just like a hospital so its sanitized and clean. ... They [nursing staff] were kind and skilled. I was able to get my blood work drawn right in office and they were very gentle. ... the clinic [Fertility & Genetics] was extremely clean, nicely decorated and ran very smoothly.
How was your experience with Mick Abae at Fertility & Genetics?
The doctor was extremely knowledgeable. The way he explained everything was factual and not emotional which helped a lot since I was already very sensitive. He was also the person to preform my hsg and ultrasounds so it was so comforting knowing he knew exactly what was going on and he spoke with me and explained what was going on through each procedure.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mick Abae at Fertility & Genetics?
He is smart, he is kind and his office is very informative and caring. Relax you are in good hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mick Abae at Fertility & Genetics?
The staff was fantastic. They treated you like a friend and knew your name. The ladies at the front desk gave us a ton of information and seemed to truly care.
Describe the protocols Mick Abae used in your cycles at Fertility & Genetics and their degree of success.
Dr. Abae recommended to have blood work, an hsg to clear tubal blockages and 2 semen analysis. After we received the results it was determined IVF with ICSI is our best option due to Male factor infertility due to motility and morphology and PCOS.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility & Genetics.
They were kind and skilled. I was able to get my blood work drawn right in office and they were very gentle.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Genetics.
I was not a patient long enough to notice any weaknesses but the clinic was extremely clean, nicely decorated and ran very smoothly. When you call they recognize you as a patient and they take care of you right away. Its a very smooth operation. In the surgery suite it is set up just like a hospital so its sanitized and clean. Overall I'd say strengths all the way!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mick Abae at Fertility & Genetics.
From what I remember they had a special of $9,000 for 3 fet transfers in one year not including medication or ICSI
Describe Mick Abae's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility & Genetics.
We have not gotten at that point in the process yet.
Fertility & Genetics
Plantation

Dr. Abae was always on time and I never felt rushed... I liked him because his bedside manor was very calming and nice...At the point of my retrieval I had messed up and was given the choice of having my retrieval awake or cancel it. I chose awake, as I didn't want to waste my time, money, and feelings. He talked me through the whole thing to make sure I was comfortable and calm. It was a wonderful experience
The office staff [Fertility Center & Applied Genetics] was wonderful to me. Every step of the way I was treated like a human rather than a number. They knew my fear of needles and tried to ease that for the blood draws, and they were never rude or cold to me ever...They could be better at communicating when they say they will email or call. However, after calling ourselves we were able to speak to and have great communication with the staff. Their strengths are being able to explain everything fully and very compassionately.
How was your experience with Mick Abae at Fertility & Genetics?
I loved Dr. Abae. He was very thorough. I liked him because his bedside manor was very calming and nice. After researching he was our first choice, and I could of only been happier choosing him had I gotten pregnant the first time. I look forward to the next chapter of this story with him being my doctor again. At the point of my retrieval I had messed up and was given the choice of having my retrieval awake or cancel it. I chose awake, as I didn't want to waste my time, money, and feelings. He talked me through the whole thing to make sure I was comfortable and calm. It was a wonderful experience - especially because I was the one who messed up!
Schedule early appointments, and be on time. Follow all the instructions he gives- as he knows best!
The office staff was wonderful to me. Every step of the way I was treated like a human rather than a number. They knew my fear of needles and tried to ease that for the blood draws, and they were never rude or cold to me ever. Dr. Abae was always on time and I never felt rushed.
I started with Follistim 200 units, Menopur 150 units injected, as well as Doxycycline 1 tab twice daily, low dose Aspirin, prenatals. I then had to go in after 4 days and have bloodwork and ultrasound, and then a follow up one three days later. For the HCG I injected 10,000 IU of Novarel. I had the retrieval. I was then put onto birth control for a total of 13 days, then just continued with prenatals. After my period started I was on 20mg of Delestrogen as well as 1 low dose Aspirin every three days as well as the prenatal and Aspirin in between. I would then return to the office for blood work and an ultrasound. After this I was moved on to adding Progesterone in sesame oil 100mg injected to the 20 mg of Delestrogen (this every 3rd day) The transfer happened and I was put onto Endometrin 100mg inserts 3 times a day, Prometrium 100mg orally 2 times a day, Estrace 2mg twice a day, low dose Asprin, & prenatals. For the retrieval I got 16 follicles, 10 mature eggs, from those we got 2 embryos that we sent for PGS, and 1 "normal" embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & Genetics. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Benitez)
I loved Rachel, as well as the rest of the staff.. She was so wonderful at describing everything to me and us in detail. She was compassionate, and caring. She took into account my hatred for needles and helped to ease my nerves for every blood draw. She was so Great! The rest of the staff treated me very nicely and warm.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Genetics.
The cost of our package - which was for 1 fresh and 2 frozen cycles- including 4 PGS tested embryos was $12,900. There was an extra $400 for anesthesia for retrieval, plus $100 for a month of embryo storage. The total for medication was arounf $4700.
Dr. Abae said he preferred to implant 1 embryo if they are PGS tested, as it has a better chance of implanting. If we had wanted to implant two he said he would have done this if they were not PGS tested.
Fertility & Genetics
Wellington (Closed)
[Dr. Mick Abae is] Professional and knowledgeable and always on time for appointments. He fully explained all procedures and made me feel comfortable. Great doctor. would recommend him to family and friends. Clinic is located in a convenient place.... $14,000 for one fresh and2 frozen cycles with PGS testing. $3,000 for meds
[The staff at FIRST IVF-Hialeah is] Always on time, friendly, professional and kind. The prices are reasonable. Weaknesses may be embryology. They are nice but their experience isn’t shown on the website so you can’t research their experience. They don’t provide refunds and you have to pay for all services in advance... $14,000 for one fresh and2 frozen cycles with PGS testing. $3,000 for meds
How was your experience with Mick Abae at First IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mick Abae at First IVF?
Be on time and follow his instructions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mick Abae at First IVF?
Prifessional and always on time
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at First IVF.
Excellent, caring and followed up when I would email them or call.
Describe your experience with First IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mick Abae at First IVF.
$14,000 for one fresh and2 frozen cycles with PGS testing. $3,000 for meds