Medical SchoolTechnion (Israel)
Newport Beach, CA 92663
3231 Waring Court
Oceanside, CA 92056
(760) 758-2034
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mickey Coffler to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend HRC to a friend?
For blood work and ultrasounds he [Dr. Coffler] was only present for 2 appointments. I can tell he is passionate about his job and truly wants to succeed in getting couples a ‘take home baby’. Communication is sometimes hard due to his first language not being English. I would have liked to be informed more about my actual results. Ex: progesterone levels, follicle count, uterine lining... We did 2 egg retrievals in order to bank as many embryos as possible prior to PGS/PGD testing.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC?
For blood work and ultrasounds he was only present for 2 appointments. I can tell he is passionate about his job and truly wants to succeed in getting couples a ‘take home baby’. Communication is sometimes hard due to his first language not being English. I would have liked to be informed more about my actual results. Ex: progesterone levels, follicle count, uterine lining
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mickey Coffler at HRC?
Ask questions and ask them directly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mickey Coffler at HRC?
The staff and technicians at the office are warm and easy to talk to. My IVF coordinator never made me feel like I was bothering her with questions
Describe the protocols Mickey Coffler used in your cycles at HRC and their degree of success.
We did 2 egg retrievals in order to bank as many embryos as possible prior to PGS/PGD testing. This was suggested to keep costs down and was the right choice as our first retrieval resulted in 0 normal embryos. Second round resulted in 2. Frozen embryo transfer was a standard protocol. Lupron, progesterone, estrogen. Resulted in a BFP then a chemical pregnancy. Still waiting to review what went wrong and what could have been changed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Angel)
All of the nursing staff is amazing. They make you feel comfortable and supported.
Describe your experience with HRC.
This clinic has the highest pregnancy rates in Orange County. I would recommend. Ask questions and advocate for your preferred method of treatment. The doctor has great credentials and a great success rate. Nursing staff is excellent. Don’t be afraid to send emails at any time. You are not alone in feeling like you are asking silly questions and the staff never makes you feel like you are. I hope my next attempt at a frozen embryo transfer is a success. Will have an appointment to discuss what went wrong with our transfer on Friday.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC.
We did pretty much everything that could have been offered. ICSI, assisted hatching, PGS and PGD testing, and one extra procedure for our second egg retrieval to pick better sperm for ICSI. Total cost associated with services approx $40,000
Describe Mickey Coffler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC.
This doctor will only transfer one embryo. I would have liked to have the option to transfer 2 if we felt that was the right choice for us.
Oceanside
Dr. Coffler gave us hope when we didn’t have any left. He was to the point, but in a warm manner. He was a cheerleader on our team. He made us feel like he wanted us pregnant more than anyone else.... We met with and interviewed 4 different doctors before starting the IVF process. Dr. Coffler clearly laid out a plan, gave us realistic hope and never gave up on us. He was compassionate and warm. And always had a smile when it was appropriate and a game face when it was appropriate.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC?
He knows what he’s doing. Do your research and come educated, so you know what he’s talking about.
After our first round and fresh cycle failed, I made sure the next time I was put on progesterone the next time. And after that one I miscarried, the 3rd one I told them I wanted to be watched and monitored closer. They had no problem working with me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Angel)
Dr. Coffler’s office staff is amzing. My nurse angel really was an angel! She was compassionate and silly. Always kept the mood light. And was very good at making me feel like I was the only person she was working with.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Strengths, amazing staff at the clinic offices. Weaknessss, their billing people at the main office are frustrating. Keep records of everything you pay. And make sure you ask 2 people for pricing. And then confirm it with your insurance if applicable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC.
First round - I think was around $15k for retrieval and transfer. 2nd & 3rd round FET - $2500 (we are a veteran family so we got the discount) Ultrasounds - $110 every time. Cyst aspiration - $800 That’s all I can remember.
We elected to transfer 2 our 2nd round. But the 3rd round, he would only transfer 1. And now, the clinic will only transfer 1.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Coffler started me on 1 month of birth control before moving onto injections. After egg retrieval, he changed my protocol based on my body’s response. He was very open to changing things during my cycles...Dr.Coffler initially was not my favorite person. I thought he was slightly blunt. However by the end of my cycles , I realized why. He was absolutely the doctor I needed to get through ivf. He was straight forward in what was going on and exactly what needed to happen for my cycles to be successful.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC?
Be open to having a different kind of doctor than you expected. I went in thinking I needed a warm, giggly female doctor who I could talk to. Having a straight forward and kind Dr.Coffler ended up being much better
Everyone in the clinic knew my name, our situation and treated me with kindness. I was never rushed out of questions or felt unheard
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Danette ! )
The staff at HRC was the reason I loved them so much. They were so kind and helpful. Obviously it wasn’t always possible to talk to DR. Coffler but I felt like talking to anyone on the nursing staff was just as good. They treated me like a person not a number
Describe your experience with HRC.
The clinic is pretty simple looking and could honestly use some updating but don’t let that fool you. Everyone is so kind and everything is clean. I was a little off put when I walked in and it looked like such a simple interior but really great work happens there
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC.
As a military family we were given a discount on our IVF and FET. Medications were just under 2k with a discount we found. The IVF procedure was $4500. The FET was $2500. Ultrasounds during the cycles were under $50 when not covered. Storage for 1 year was $750 for embryos
Dr.Coffler proffered we transfer one embryo but my husband and I chose 2 both times. First time resulted in MC of twins. Second time in a singleton (who is now 2)
Newport Beach
Dr. Coffler was kind and caring... Dr. Coffler was warm but not thorough. He failed to diagnose me with endometriosis, which I later discovered via surgery with another doctor. There were so many patients that I’m not surprised by this. He was optimistic for us when I felt like maybe it was unwarranted.... I believe he preferred frozen cycles. I think I was close to overstimming, so he administered Lupron to release the eggs.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC?
Ask questions; do plenty of homework.
Dr. Coffler was kind and caring; his nurse at the time was a bit stressed out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Noelle )
Noelle was scattered and easily flustered.
Describe your experience with HRC.
There are too many patients here; however, the prices are good. It’s important to advocate strongly for yourself. Ensure you get all of the lab tests, ask about endometriosis, PCs, etc. I felt discouraged going through treatment here because I had a natural chemical pregnancy prior to starting IVF, so the doctor was very optimistic about my ability to conceive. When I had three transfers that were unsuccessful, I was puzzled about why it didn’t work. I left that clinic with more questions than when I came in. Again, Dr. Coffler was very kind, and I believe he was competent, but there were too many patients to give adequate time to each one’s concerns.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC.
Monitoring appointments took place in the morning.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC.
We received a military discount; I believe the cost of the egg retrieval and embryo formation along with drugs ran around $9000.
No strong preference as I recall.
Oceanside
Dr. Coffler has great bedside manner. He knew who we was and remembered previous conversations. He also followed up and made himself available at all times.... think he called it a long lupron cycle. The gonal f amount was 375mm, I believe. It’s been a while. He said all the patients do ICSI and 3 day bed rest. He also used embryo glue... I believe the cycle failed because the scars that I have did not allowed him to make the transfer smoothly. He struggled for a very long time to get it in. It was very painful and I bled
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC?
He was great. However the second second didn’t go so well. I believe the cycle failed because the scars that I have did not allowed him to make the transfer smoothly. He struggled for a very long time to get it in. It was very painful and I bled
Make sure you ask questions
Dr. Coffler has great bedside manner. He knew who we was and remembered previous conversations. He also followed up and made himself available at all times. The staff was also great. I ran out of gonal f and the pharmacy was out. A staff member drove out of her way to drop the medication off at my home.
I don’t remember the protocol. I think he called it a long lupron cycle. The gonal f amount was 375mm, I believe. It’s been a while. He said all the patients do ICSI and 3 day bed rest. He also used embryo glue
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Darnette)
The coordinator was very nice and she responded very quickly to all my emails.
Describe your experience with HRC.
The clinic has good ratings, great success rates, it is clean, the staff is polite and they respond very quickly. However, their prices are very high in comparison to other clinics in my area. I am an out of state patient and it’s very expensive for us. It seems like their prices increase every 6 months. The coat of 1 cycle is around 18000 without the medication, plus we have to add the coat of flights, hotel and car rental.
First time 14000 for the cycle
He prefers single but did allow us to do two. However, he said in the 3rd cycle, he wants to do just one.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Coffler is very honest, up front and compassionate. He answers all my questions even when they're a little crazy. He has always explained everything that is going on and how every procedure will go.... I was on a high dose of gonal f with menopur, lupron and estrogen, followed by progesterone. I reacted very well to everything. We were worried I would suffer from OHSS but I followed their instructions and recovered just fine within a few days of my retrieval. After my fresh transfer failed we decided to do an endometrial scratch, which wasn't fun but my frozen transfer worked (later ending in a missed miscarriage).
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with HRC.
When I first started going there it was much less busy than it is now (within 6 months). Which is great and he's an amazing doctor I just feel they need more staff with getting busier, wait times have increased and being in there a few times a week can make it hard on a work schedule
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC.
$12,900 first round Retrieval, fresh transfer, monitoring and blood work, PGS $700 One year freezing embryos $3,500 Frozen transfer $75 for 2 pregnancy blood tests $270 for ultrasounds after positive test Meds were outside of the office around $5,000
Oceanside
When our egg retrieval failed he [Dr. Coffler] spent time with us reviewing what happened in detail, and helped with a plan forward...When we first sat down with Dr. Coffler, he was straightforward with the coarse of treatment he thought would be best for us. He was very candid and honest. I appreciated his openness. I saw him on nearly every visit. He had an upbeat attitude and was positive....When all of our embryos arrested on Day 5, i found out when I called the office to get a status. At that time, noone had even looked at the results.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC?
When our egg retrieval failed he spent time with us reviewing what happened in detail, and helped with a plan forward
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Angel Calfee)
The staff are all super nice people. They could be more organized. Communication was lacking. I had to reach out to the coordinator to get updates, when they should have been reaching out to me
Describe your experience with HRC.
The staff are all caring. They can improve on communication, organization, and communication of financial issues. When all of our embryos arrested on Day 5, i found out when I called the office to get a status. At that time, noone had even looked at the results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC.
Our insurance covered everything except PGS