7.3

Newport Beach, CA 92663
3231 Waring Court
Oceanside, CA 92056
(760) 758-2034

For blood work and ultrasounds he [Dr. Coffler] was only present for 2 appointments. I can tell he is passionate about his job and truly wants to succeed in getting couples a ‘take home baby’. Communication is sometimes hard due to his first language not being English. I would have liked to be informed more about my actual results. Ex: progesterone levels, follicle count, uterine lining... We did 2 egg retrievals in order to bank as many embryos as possible prior to PGS/PGD testing.
All of the nursing staff [HRC- Oceanside] is amazing. They make you feel comfortable and supported.... This clinic has the highest pregnancy rates in Orange County. I would recommend. Ask questions and advocate for your preferred method of treatment.... We did pretty much everything that could have been offered. ICSI, assisted hatching, PGS and PGD testing, and one extra procedure for our second egg retrieval to pick better sperm for ICSI.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
For blood work and ultrasounds he was only present for 2 appointments. I can tell he is passionate about his job and truly wants to succeed in getting couples a ‘take home baby’. Communication is sometimes hard due to his first language not being English. I would have liked to be informed more about my actual results. Ex: progesterone levels, follicle count, uterine lining
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Ask questions and ask them directly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
The staff and technicians at the office are warm and easy to talk to. My IVF coordinator never made me feel like I was bothering her with questions
Describe the protocols Mickey Coffler used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We did 2 egg retrievals in order to bank as many embryos as possible prior to PGS/PGD testing. This was suggested to keep costs down and was the right choice as our first retrieval resulted in 0 normal embryos. Second round resulted in 2. Frozen embryo transfer was a standard protocol. Lupron, progesterone, estrogen. Resulted in a BFP then a chemical pregnancy. Still waiting to review what went wrong and what could have been changed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angel)
All of the nursing staff is amazing. They make you feel comfortable and supported.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This clinic has the highest pregnancy rates in Orange County. I would recommend. Ask questions and advocate for your preferred method of treatment. The doctor has great credentials and a great success rate. Nursing staff is excellent. Don’t be afraid to send emails at any time. You are not alone in feeling like you are asking silly questions and the staff never makes you feel like you are. I hope my next attempt at a frozen embryo transfer is a success. Will have an appointment to discuss what went wrong with our transfer on Friday.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility.
We did pretty much everything that could have been offered. ICSI, assisted hatching, PGS and PGD testing, and one extra procedure for our second egg retrieval to pick better sperm for ICSI. Total cost associated with services approx $40,000
Describe Mickey Coffler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
This doctor will only transfer one embryo. I would have liked to have the option to transfer 2 if we felt that was the right choice for us.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
They did not call in my Lupron RX to a mail order pharmacist once. I had to call to remind.

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Coffler was kind and caring... Dr. Coffler was warm but not thorough. He failed to diagnose me with endometriosis, which I later discovered via surgery with another doctor. There were so many patients that I’m not surprised by this. He was optimistic for us when I felt like maybe it was unwarranted.... I believe he preferred frozen cycles. I think I was close to overstimming, so he administered Lupron to release the eggs.
There are too many patients here [HRC - Oceanside]; however, the prices are good. It’s important to advocate strongly for yourself. Ensure you get all of the lab tests, ask about endometriosis, PCs, etc....Dr. Coffler was very kind, and I believe he was competent, but there were too many patients to give adequate time to each one’s concerns.... We received a military discount; I believe the cost of the egg retrieval and embryo formation along with drugs ran around $9000.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Ask questions; do plenty of homework.
Dr. Coffler was kind and caring; his nurse at the time was a bit stressed out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Noelle )
Noelle was scattered and easily flustered.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
There are too many patients here; however, the prices are good. It’s important to advocate strongly for yourself. Ensure you get all of the lab tests, ask about endometriosis, PCs, etc. I felt discouraged going through treatment here because I had a natural chemical pregnancy prior to starting IVF, so the doctor was very optimistic about my ability to conceive. When I had three transfers that were unsuccessful, I was puzzled about why it didn’t work. I left that clinic with more questions than when I came in. Again, Dr. Coffler was very kind, and I believe he was competent, but there were too many patients to give adequate time to each one’s concerns.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
Monitoring appointments took place in the morning.
No strong preference as I recall.
Oceanside

Dr. Coffler has great bedside manner. He knew who we was and remembered previous conversations. He also followed up and made himself available at all times.... think he called it a long lupron cycle. The gonal f amount was 375mm, I believe. It’s been a while. He said all the patients do ICSI and 3 day bed rest. He also used embryo glue... I believe the cycle failed because the scars that I have did not allowed him to make the transfer smoothly. He struggled for a very long time to get it in. It was very painful and I bled
The staff [at HRC-Newport Beach] was also great. I ran out of gonal f and the pharmacy was out. A staff member drove out of her way to drop the medication off at my home.... The clinic has good ratings, great success rates, it is clean, the staff is polite and they respond very quickly. However, their prices are very high in comparison to other clinics in my area. I am an out of state patient and it’s very expensive for us. It seems like their prices increase every 6 months. The coat of 1 cycle is around 18000 without the medication,
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
He was great. However the second second didn’t go so well. I believe the cycle failed because the scars that I have did not allowed him to make the transfer smoothly. He struggled for a very long time to get it in. It was very painful and I bled
Make sure you ask questions
Dr. Coffler has great bedside manner. He knew who we was and remembered previous conversations. He also followed up and made himself available at all times. The staff was also great. I ran out of gonal f and the pharmacy was out. A staff member drove out of her way to drop the medication off at my home.
I don’t remember the protocol. I think he called it a long lupron cycle. The gonal f amount was 375mm, I believe. It’s been a while. He said all the patients do ICSI and 3 day bed rest. He also used embryo glue
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Darnette)
The coordinator was very nice and she responded very quickly to all my emails.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic has good ratings, great success rates, it is clean, the staff is polite and they respond very quickly. However, their prices are very high in comparison to other clinics in my area. I am an out of state patient and it’s very expensive for us. It seems like their prices increase every 6 months. The coat of 1 cycle is around 18000 without the medication, plus we have to add the coat of flights, hotel and car rental.
First time 14000 for the cycle
He prefers single but did allow us to do two. However, he said in the 3rd cycle, he wants to do just one.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
the coordinator did not go over the protocol fully.
Newport Beach