7.3

3231 Waring Court
Oceanside, CA 92056
(760) 758-2034

2021 - 2022, Consult
Dr. Coffler was upfront about his findings and his presumptions based on our previous diagnosis and work with other doctors. He set our expectations based on this and managed it well. He was very warm and took his time to explain everything...He presents information as very matter-of-fact so take that into consideration, although he is warm, it may not come off that way immediately...
The clinic [HRC Fertility] recently moved locations and we haven’t visited the new location yet. They were very efficient at the old location. It was a smaller office but it wasn’t crowded or busy when we were there for visits. They were easy to get ahold of, whether it was through phone or email...We had a lot of stop and go’s with our treatments so far and Dr. Coffler and his team made sure to reach out to us and check in every now and then. Each time it was very personable and they knew exactly where we were in our treatment cycle and it didn’t feel like they were just cold calling...
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Coffler was upfront about his findings and his presumptions based on our previous diagnosis and work with other doctors. He set our expectations based on this and managed it well. He was very warm and took his time to explain everything. We moved around a lot during our testing phase and he wanted to make sure we were on the same page about everything. I was concerned about my health due to being pre diabetic and prehypertensive, along with my mental health, prior to starting IVF and he reassured me that he would work with my primary doctors to make sure we covered all of our bases and that we kept a close eye on things. He didn’t shy away from the challenges presented by my case and made us feel reassured in our choice with his clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Mickey Coffler used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We have not started our first treatment yet, I received a calendar recently however we had to push back our day 1 appointment. So I am unable to provide feedback on this at this time
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angel)
Our interactions so far was with Angel, our coordinator, and she was amazing at listening and answering all of my questions. Showing empathy and being compassionate. However I just received communication that she is no longer with the clinic
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic recently moved locations and we haven’t visited the new location yet. They were very efficient at the old location. It was a smaller office but it wasn’t crowded or busy when we were there for visits. They were easy to get ahold of, whether it was through phone or email.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility.
We chose HRC because we don’t have insurance coverage and their prices (with a military discount) was comparable to the MTF clinics. Before we got our protocol they provided us with an average cost breakdown that outlined all the pricing and also provided a couple of different third party financing options
Describe Mickey Coffler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
I asked him what his standard is and he recommends his patients to do the PGA testing, and if they do, he typically only does 1 tested embryo per transfer. I asked if we wanted to do 2, would he anyway and he assured me that we can discuss that when the time came and we knew how much embryos we do have (again managing expectations since I have a low reserve), that we can discuss it again then.

2020 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. Coffler is thorough and kind. He is always available to answer as many questions as we have and explains treatment and processes well. I have always felt that he really cares about us and wants us to be successful in starting our family. I’m confident that he has our best interest in mind. We have experienced many set backs in our journey and I appreciate that he is always honest with us about what we are dealing with and what our options are. We have not been successful yet but have chosen to remain with HRC, and Dr. Coffler specifically because he has provided excellent patient care.
I really like HRC. I appreciate the kindness we have experienced and the level of patient care is great. I like that they have multiple locations and many RE’s- it gives me comfort that there is a network of doctors vs just one doctor working solo without input from other professionals...There were a few instances where my lab orders weren’t called in until I followed up, or medicine orders weren’t sent until I followed up. Ultimately, the clinic staff seemed very busy which is what I attributed these things to.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
He is busy, but don’t be afraid to ask questions. He never rushes us, but sometimes I would hesitate to ask questions because I didn’t want to take up his time. As I have been a patient for more time, I have learned to advocate and ask clarifying questions if needed.
Dr. Coffler worked with my husband and I through two very difficult failed transfer cycles. He was always honest with us about our options and didn’t hide his disappointment over the result we experienced. This truly made us feel like he cared and really wanted a positive outcome for us.
I have completed 2 transfer cycles with donated embryos. I did a sonohystogram before the first transfer, and a mock cycle. For my transfer protocols, I was on lupron for 10 days leading up to the cycle, then started PIO shots 5-6 days before transfer (and after transfer). I was also on apsirin daily, and took progesterone suppositories after the transfers. I took estradiol orally for the first transfer and via injection for the second transfer. Our embryos were tested and graded well but neither resulted in successful pregnancies.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Each transfer cycle was around $12,000, but that included the cost of the donated embryo as well as the transfer. That process was handled via an outside agency and was not paid directly to HRC. Now, we are preparing for a full IVF cycle which will be about $30k (egg retrieval, testing, transfer, etc).
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
There were a few instances where my lab orders weren’t called in until I followed up, or medicine orders weren’t sent until I followed up. Ultimately, the clinic staff seemed very busy which is what I attributed these things to. None of what I experienced was a big concern, and it never impacted me or my treatment cycle negatively.
Oceanside

Dr. Coffler explained in realistic and understandable terms a plan of treatment and step by step how to get there. His confidence and understanding immediately set me at ease as a patient...He was able to give me a clear roadmap from our first consultation . This was so helpful because my anxiety and worries were lessened through the process...frozen embryo transfer with a donor embryo. I started with Lupron then went to estrace and PIO, along with baby Aspirin and endometrium. It worked!
HRC was a wonderful experience for me...I was given a calendar to follow and someone was always available to help if I needed it. They made sure I received each of my medications on time and also made sure that I knew how to use each of them correctly. All in all, They did their best to make my experience positive and stress free...Angel [nurse] is just amazing. I can not count the number of times I messaged her with questions and concerns and as busy as I know she is, she would always take the time to respond.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
What struck me about Mr. Coffler was his honesty and straightforwardness from day one one what exactly I needed to do in order to improve my odds. He was able to give me a clear roadmap from our first consultation . This was so helpful because my anxiety and worries were lessened through the process. With his assistance and guidance I just found out that I am pregnant! I know beyond a shadow of doubt this would not have been the case without the great care and guidance I received and I am forever grateful !
Remember he is an expert in his field, take the time to ask questions and understand your treatment plan. There is a reason for each step.
I did a frozen embryo transfer with a donor embryo. I started with Lupron then went to estrace and PIO, along with baby Aspirin and endometrium. It worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angel Calfee)
Angel is just amazing. I can not count the number of times I messaged her with questions and concerns and as busy as I know she is, she would always take the time to respond.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC was a wonderful experience for me. We started contact in December 2020 and by June I am expecting my little one . I was given a calendar to follow and someone was always available to help if I needed it. They made sure I received each of my medications on time and also made sure that I knew how to use each of them correctly. All in all, They did their best to make my experience positive and stress free.
My costs were 11550 total
We elected set because he felt it would be a better choice for me.
Newport Beach

He [Dr. Coffler] addressed our questions. He does not typically go into detail when communicating, so sometimes I felt like I had to ask more questions to understand at the level that I preferred. He wants to help and will answer any question, but he does seem busy and juggling a lot of things. Also Dr. Coffler is well respected in the community. When I had an HSG, I mentioned his name to the radiologist and she confidently said, "Oh, you'll get pregnant! You're in good hands."
[HRC] understood my needs as a person and did not just treat me like I was a statistic for their office. For example, the doctor recommended a procedure and I was about to do the procedure but I had some concerns, so I decided to cancel even though I had already showed up. The doctor was completely fine with my decision and even called me that afternoon to see how I was feeling about it all. Another time, the doctor left me a 3 min long voicemail on a Friday afternoon to answer one of my questions that I had emailed a nurse about. Very considerate staff!
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Coffler sits down one-on-one with you and your partner during the initial consult. We had about 45 minutes with him to explain our fertility history and ask many questions. He did not rush us at all. He addressed our questions. He does not typically go into detail when communicating, so sometimes I felt like I had to ask more questions to understand at the level that I preferred. He wants to help and will answer any question, but he does seem busy and juggling a lot of things. Also Dr. Coffler is well respected in the community. When I had an HSG, I mentioned his name to the radiologist and she confidently said, "Oh, you'll get pregnant! You're in good hands."
If you need more information, just ask and tell him that. Email is an easy way to communicate with the staff and you can expect quick responses (usually within the same day).
Although I did not necessarily see the doctor at each visit, I knew that he was actively involved in the management of my treatment. Communication was always prompt and the staff was always available to answer any questions. They understood my needs as a person and did not just treat me like I was a statistic for their office. For example, the doctor recommended a procedure and I was about to do the procedure but I had some concerns, so I decided to cancel even though I had already showed up. The doctor was completely fine with my decision and even called me that afternoon to see how I was feeling about it all. Another time, the doctor left me a 3 min long voicemail on a Friday afternoon to answer one of my questions that I had emailed a nurse about. Very considerate staff!
We did medicated timed intercourse with monitoring. We started with the highest dose of Letrozole (which I had used in my previous cycle with another doctor) but I did not respond, so then Dr. Coffler prescribed Clomid at the lowest dose (which was my first time using). I responded to the Clomid and had a Ovidrel trigger shot. I ovulated (for the first time out of my 3 total cycles, two of which with another fertility specialist) but did not get pregnant.
Angel is an incredible nurse. She was a breath of fresh air compared to my previous RE's office! Angel was pleasant and kind. Angel was so easy to communicate with. She was available anytime by phone or email. I even emailed her while she was on vacation and another time on a Saturday and she responded the same day. Angel is one of the main reasons that I LOVED this clinic!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Communication and compassion are this clinic's strengths. Dr. Coffler and Angel the nurse stand out at this office because you can really tell they care, and they work directly with you on the details of your treatment. Also, this office has a small staff that knows what they are doing. They have a team who each knows their roles and you will see them doing it throughout your treatment. This office isn't in the nicest or newest building but that really wasn't an important factor for me. My previous doctor had a nice facility but poor communication and bedside manner. The opposite is true at HRC, and I was so happier and felt respected here because of that!
With TRICARE Standard, my copay for a monitoring ultrasound and blood work was $100. Most everything else with my medicated timed intercourse was covered.
Oceanside

Dr Coffler is a very skilled physician. I had previous fertility doctors that struggled to get catheters in during procedures and Dr Coffler never once had a problem and I always felt at ease with his expertise. He is to the point/straightforward, but still cares/is compassionate... I wish I would have advocated more For myself that first round where they did the fresh transfer as my estrogen was still high and I’m pretty sure that’s why my first fresh PGS normal embryo failed to implant. Looking back, I really wish I would have waited and done a frozen embryo transfer instead of fresh. Luckily, our second embryo transfer, a FET with another PGS normal was successful and led to my now 11 month old son.
They [HRC] follow the ARSM guidelines [for Eset]... I wish they had earlier office appt slots (I think the earliest appt for monitoring was 8:15). I also wish the ultrasound tech was an RN or PA/NP so they could give you live analysis of what they are seeing during monitoring appointments. I did mention this and Angel [nurse] was nice enough to sit in on my key monitoring appts in order to fill me in right then on what was seen (helped manage my anxiety in the midst of the ivf process)
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself
Very small office where you always see the same providers and office staff.
I believe I had the antagonist protocol (Lupron and birth control pills leading up to injectables of menopur and gonal F-low doses-adding in the drug that prevents ovulation half way through). When I did ivf, they pretty much recommend everyone do PGT testing and ICSI (I was pretty young at the time and none of the other ivf clinics were recommending I do PGT, but this clinic did so we went along with it). They do a quick PGT test though where you get results within 24 hours so you can still do a fresh transfer. I wish I would have advocated more For myself that first round where they did the fresh transfer as my estrogen was still high and I’m pretty sure that’s why my first fresh PGS normal embryo failed to implant. Looking back, I really wish I would have waited and done a frozen embryo transfer instead of fresh. Luckily, our second embryo transfer, a FET with another PGS normal was successful and led to my now 11 month old son.
Angel was amazing. Knowledge, organized, kind, and laid back.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Small clinic and it’s nice getting to know every employee really well. I wish they had earlier office appt slots (I think the earliest appt for monitoring was 8:15). I also wish the ultrasound tech was an RN or PA/NP so they could give you live analysis of what they are seeing during monitoring appointments. I did mention this and Angel was nice enough to sit in on my key monitoring appts in order to fill me in right then on what was seen (helped manage my anxiety in the midst of the ivf process)
Mine was all out of pocket, but when comparing to other clinics in the area, it was one of the most affordable overall. I will say that there frozen embryo yearly storage fees are almost double others.
They follow the ARSM guidelines.
Oceanside
Dr. Coffler gave us hope when we didn’t have any left. He was to the point, but in a warm manner. He was a cheerleader on our team. He made us feel like he wanted us pregnant more than anyone else.... We met with and interviewed 4 different doctors before starting the IVF process. Dr. Coffler clearly laid out a plan, gave us realistic hope and never gave up on us. He was compassionate and warm. And always had a smile when it was appropriate and a game face when it was appropriate.
Dr. Coffler’s office staff [HRC Oceanside] is amzing. My nurse angel really was an angel! She was compassionate and silly. Always kept the mood light. And was very good at making me feel like I was the only person she was working with....Weaknessss, their billing people at the main office are frustrating. Keep records of everything you pay. And make sure you ask 2 people for pricing. And then confirm it with your insurance if applicable.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
He knows what he’s doing. Do your research and come educated, so you know what he’s talking about.
After our first round and fresh cycle failed, I made sure the next time I was put on progesterone the next time. And after that one I miscarried, the 3rd one I told them I wanted to be watched and monitored closer. They had no problem working with me.
Dr. Coffler’s office staff is amzing. My nurse angel really was an angel! She was compassionate and silly. Always kept the mood light. And was very good at making me feel like I was the only person she was working with.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Strengths, amazing staff at the clinic offices. Weaknessss, their billing people at the main office are frustrating. Keep records of everything you pay. And make sure you ask 2 people for pricing. And then confirm it with your insurance if applicable.
First round - I think was around $15k for retrieval and transfer. 2nd & 3rd round FET - $2500 (we are a veteran family so we got the discount) Ultrasounds - $110 every time. Cyst aspiration - $800 That’s all I can remember.
We elected to transfer 2 our 2nd round. But the 3rd round, he would only transfer 1. And now, the clinic will only transfer 1.
Oceanside
Dr. Coffler started me on 1 month of birth control before moving onto injections. After egg retrieval, he changed my protocol based on my body’s response. He was very open to changing things during my cycles...Dr.Coffler initially was not my favorite person. I thought he was slightly blunt. However by the end of my cycles , I realized why. He was absolutely the doctor I needed to get through ivf. He was straight forward in what was going on and exactly what needed to happen for my cycles to be successful.
The clinic [HRC] is pretty simple looking and could honestly use some updating but don’t let that fool you. Everyone is so kind and everything is clean...The staff at HRC was the reason I loved them so much. They were so kind and helpful...Everyone in the clinic knew my name, our situation and treated me with kindness. I was never rushed out of questions or felt unheard...I felt like talking to anyone on the nursing staff was just as good. They treated me like a person not a number
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Be open to having a different kind of doctor than you expected. I went in thinking I needed a warm, giggly female doctor who I could talk to. Having a straight forward and kind Dr.Coffler ended up being much better
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danette ! )
The staff at HRC was the reason I loved them so much. They were so kind and helpful. Obviously it wasn’t always possible to talk to DR. Coffler but I felt like talking to anyone on the nursing staff was just as good. They treated me like a person not a number
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is pretty simple looking and could honestly use some updating but don’t let that fool you. Everyone is so kind and everything is clean. I was a little off put when I walked in and it looked like such a simple interior but really great work happens there
As a military family we were given a discount on our IVF and FET. Medications were just under 2k with a discount we found. The IVF procedure was $4500. The FET was $2500. Ultrasounds during the cycles were under $50 when not covered. Storage for 1 year was $750 for embryos
Dr.Coffler proffered we transfer one embryo but my husband and I chose 2 both times. First time resulted in MC of twins. Second time in a singleton (who is now 2)
2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr Coffler at first seems over confident, after the process of ivf he has every right to be! He is a brilliant doctor! Absolutely the best fertility doctor in our region hands down. He was thorough from beginning to end. He was compassionate to all of our obstacles, and came up with a plan to adjust after our first negative result. Dr Coffler ordered proper testing and catered a plan just for me. I was not part of a mill...was in constant communication with me as far as tests results and obstacles.
[The nurse at HRC] was as important in my fertility success as much as Dr Coffler. She was always available via email. Her response time was under 15 min. You can imagine there are lots of questions Reg medication and all that goes with it. She communicated all I needed to do and gave me clear instructions on testing and medication. As well as reached out to see how I was doing emotionally. I absolutely love her!
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Write things down. All questions! There is so much information asked and given that it can be overwhelming to take in.
The staff was welcoming and genuinely cared for my emotional and physical health. Doctor Coffler was in constant communication with me as far as tests results and obstacles.
This lady right here was as important in my fertility success as much as Dr Coffler. She was always available via email. Her response time was under 15 min. You can imagine there are lots of questions Reg medication and all that goes with it. She communicated all I needed to do and gave me clear instructions on testing and medication. As well as reached out to see how I was doing emotionally. I absolutely love her!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Appointment were all on time. Scheduling appointments was convenient considering I was working full time. The blood draws were painless and exams were pleasant. The girls did their best to make me feel comfortable.
Oceanside

Dr. Coffler is a very smart and informative man who always wants us to know he is available for any questions we may have... he is realistic with expectations and prepares us for what could happen, but plans for the best. We appreciate his honesty always!...He is willing to do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable for example getting extra tests done for us before transfer...You won’t see him at all your ultrasound appt, but you can always ask questions and he encourages questions when you do meet!
We LOVE angel [nurse at HRC]! She is quick to respond, always willing to answer all my crazy questions, knowledgeable, helpful, and we really feel she wants the best for us!...in oceanside, everyone has a job and they are the same each time you go which makes it super easy to remember! Mary is our billing contact, Malali does our ultrasounds, Yesenia is our first person we see in the early mornings and she does our bloodwork! It has taken stress off knowing all the people are so competent in their jobs! :)
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
He is very honest and straight forward. He is willing to do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable for example getting extra tests done for us before transfer. We know he will be honest and even when it’s not what we want to hear he is gentile.
I’m a difficult case because I cannot take birth control pills, so everything is always adjusted and modified for me. Dr. Coffler was willing to try new medications and combinations so that we can have a different result in our upcoming FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angel )
We LOVE angel! She is quick to respond, always willing to answer all my crazy questions, knowledgeable, helpful, and we really feel she wants the best for us!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC in oceanside, everyone has a job and they are the same each time you go which makes it super easy to remember! Mary is our billing contact, Malali does our ultrasounds, Yesenia is our first person we see in the early mornings and she does our bloodwork! It has taken stress off knowing all the people are so competent in their jobs! :)
Not yet.
2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Coffler is very honest, up front and compassionate. He answers all my questions even when they're a little crazy. He has always explained everything that is going on and how every procedure will go.... I was on a high dose of gonal f with menopur, lupron and estrogen, followed by progesterone. I reacted very well to everything. We were worried I would suffer from OHSS but I followed their instructions and recovered just fine within a few days of my retrieval. After my fresh transfer failed we decided to do an endometrial scratch, which wasn't fun but my frozen transfer worked (later ending in a missed miscarriage).
When I first started going there [HRC] it was much less busy than it is now (within 6 months). Which is great and he's an amazing doctor I just feel they need more staff with getting busier, wait times have increased and being in there a few times a week can make it hard on a work schedule.... $12,900 first round Retrieval, fresh transfer, monitoring and blood work, PGS $700 One year freezing embryos $3,500 Frozen transfer $75 for 2 pregnancy blood tests $270 for ultrasounds after positive test Meds were outside of the office around $5,000
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
When I first started going there it was much less busy than it is now (within 6 months). Which is great and he's an amazing doctor I just feel they need more staff with getting busier, wait times have increased and being in there a few times a week can make it hard on a work schedule