Available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Texas
ResidencyMaricopa County
477 Glen Lakes Drive
Dallas, TX 75231
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mika Thomas to a friend?

6.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates to a friend?
When I had slow follicle growth, she [Dr. Mika Thomas] added days of Gonal and then progesterone after ovulation. Fourth IUI was successful...When I met with Dr. Thomas I always felt like talking to me was her highest priority at that time. I never felt rushed or dismissed when I had questions that took longer. My husband and I came in with our plans and she always offered alternatives and additional options...I can be described as very impatient. I was positive we would be successful on our first try and once we were on our third IUI, I was pretty upset. She quickly met with me to discuss my concerns and offered alternative supplements to take. She always made I was comfortable during the IUI and always had a positive attitude.
How was your experience with Mika Thomas at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mika Thomas at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Speak up with questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mika Thomas at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Describe the protocols Mika Thomas used in your cycles at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
Our infertility was male factor and we were using donor sperm, there was nothing to indicate I'd have issues getting pregnant. We started with an HSG and blood test and everything came back normal. First treatment was Clomid only. I had great follicle growth and progesterone levels after the IUI. After my period came three days early, she added progesterone suppositories after each IUI. Second IUI was also clomid only with progesterone after ovulation. Third IUI was Clomid with Gonal F and progesterone after ovulation. Fourth IUI was Clomid with Gonal F. When I had slow follicle growth, she added days of Gonal and then progesterone after ovulation. Fourth IUI was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Leah)
Leah was great at answering questions. She was helpful when we had some scheduling issues and also quickly returned calls after a positive test and I had some spotting.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I really liked this clinic. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. Very clean and organized. My only negative thing to say is allowing children in the waiting room. It can be hard to see them there when going through infertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mika Thomas at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Procedures, donor sperm thawing, follicular ultrasounds, bloodwork
Describe Mika Thomas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Dallas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mika Thomas at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
During cycles I felt like a number. However after my third miscarriage, when I had to undergo a D&C procedure that didn't go as planned, she was very involved and personally reached out to me a number of times to ensure I was recovering properly. ... Dr. Thomas is very honest, which can be a good thing. She sees things from a science perspective, which I guess she is trained to do. During my first cycle, she tried letrozole, it didn't work well, so we added more and changed my treatment each cycle.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Thomas is very honest, which can be a good thing. She sees things from a science perspective, which I guess she is trained to do. During my first cycle, she tried letrozole, it didn't work well, so we added more and changed my treatment each cycle. I felt like we were always trying something new, which was nice on one hand but why didn't we try that in the beginning? I am frustrated 'new' ideas were coming out every month, but nothing about my cycles really ever changed.
Do your own research. Ask about trying things you've read about or heard your friends try. Challenge her to mix up the treatment cycles.
I only taken letrozole for oral meds, first starting with 2.5 mg then up to 5 mg. I only grew one follicle with letrozole each cycle (5). After insisting we try something more aggressive to get more than one follicle, she added gonal-f. My first cycle on gonal-f +letrozole was pretty low dose, and again resulted in one follicle. My second cycle on gonal-f +letrozole was more than double the dosage than the first but again resulted in one follicle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Leah, Kelly, Julia )
I felt there was a revolving door/Rolodex of nurses. When I started seeing Dr. Thomas, I had a nurse named Julia. Abruptly she left, I had to ask why I was talking to a new nurse, she didn't even introduce herself and explain she'd be my nurse going forward. About 75% of the time I hear from my 'primary' nurse, now Leah. The other times, I hear from someone random that I've never talked to before that I'm not convinced as read my file or knows what is going on with my case.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
There are a lot of doctors, nurses, billing coordinators, etc. at the clinic. Which can be a good thing or a bad thing. Sometimes I never know who I'm going to talk to. I always saw the same 2 sonographers, which I really appreciated. I had to visit the clinic once on the weekend for monitoring, my nurse/doc wasn't on call, so I saw a different nurse. It was convenient that the clinic was open on the weekend, I understand the practice is designed to allow the doctors/nurses to rotate who is on call. Dr. Thomas performed my IUI herself. I didn't do IFV, but it is my understand that she would perform all her related IFV procedures. Dr. Thomas performed my D&C. She also saw her for all my follow up appointments related to that.
My office visits and procedures were covered by insurance. I paid for shots out of pocket.

4 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Thomas is such a kind soul. She treats her patients as though you are a part of her family. Throughout my treatment, she would call me herself to deliver news or just to check on me. I never felt like just a number, she always made me feel as though I was her only patient...She always wants to make sure that you are comfortable with your plan of care and that you completely understand what will be happening throughout your cycle.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Thomas is an outstanding doctor. She regularly called to check on me and made me feel as though I was heard. My husband and I, even after going through fertility treatments for almost 2 years now, ask a ton of questions and she is always so patient and through when answering. She always wants to make sure that you are comfortable with your plan of care and that you completely understand what will be happening throughout your cycle.
Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as needed about your cycle/plan of care. She is wonderful about making you comfortable with everything that you will go through.
For my first round of IVF that was canceled due to low follicular development, we did an Antogonist protocol with BC pills for priming. We all decided after this round that I would not take BC pills again because of my poor response. For the next two rounds of IVF, I did estrogen priming and micro-flare protocols with the highest amount of Follestim and Menopur possible. I had a great response to this protocol, considering my AMH level, and ended up with 7 eggs each cycle. For my most recent round of IVF, we did the same protocol as before, but added in HGH and a steroid. I ended up having poor follicular response and converted to an IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Brittany Ruder)
Brittany is the absulute best!! She is the most kind and compassionate nurse I have ever met. Thorough my journey with Dr. Thomas and Dallas Fertlity, she has had to deliver some tough news to me many times and she always wants to make sure that I am okay.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Everyone is very kind and courteous in the office. The ladies at the front are wonderful about helping you understand the costs of your plan of care and always answer any questions you may have. All of the nurses and technitions are so sweet and make you feel welcome.
Since my embryo quality was not great, Dr. Thomas opted to transfer two embryos for each of my fresh, day 3 transfers.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Thomas was very inviting and friendly. She took extra time to get to know us. She went over supplements with us so we could improve egg quality based on our blood labs, that really made a difference. ... Agonist protocol, we used this one before and had decent results. ... I believe she thinks eset is best but I’ve heard anything is possible. I would never want to transfer more than one ... Don’t be afraid to ask her anything!
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
She gets good eggs. Don’t be afraid to ask her anything!
From the start of every visit I was often greeted warmly. Each doctor has an assigned nurse or a few and they are readily available to answer your questions. They always get back to you same day. The ultrasound tech provided counseling for us when we were stressing about the process.
Agonist protocol, we used this one before and had decent results. This time around we requested hgh be added as well as more menopur and thankfully she agreed. We also wanted a double trigger which she declined. She started me on 150 Gonal, then doubled it in 2 days when there was no response. Ovidrel trigger, cetrotide .25 towards the end. Next time I will expect to start on Gonal 300 right away cause I think that might have been a waste of 2 days and my previous retrieval we started at 300.
Our nurse was extremely intelligent and helpful. She thoroughly made sure we understood everything. I didn’t feel pushed around or brushed off like at my last clinic. She made me a calendar, did a one on one medication teaching session, and tried to satisfy all my requests (I had 1000)
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The lab is top notch, I called them prior to starting a cycle. I asked them their thaw rates etc ( found in the lab course of this fertilityiq website) which gave me confidence. They held an interesting lab orientation where we learned about PICSI and their embryoscope- you can watch your embryos grow live! I highly recommend calling the lab first with those questions
Fully covered by United Insurance except for $2000 pgs fee and $800 freezing/storage fee. Maybe $1000 in copays = $3800

2014 - 2018
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Thomas has been wonderful. I had complication related for pelvic infection following an IUI and she immediately met us in the ER, spent over and hour with us helping to determine what our course of action should be. We ultimately decided on emergency exploratory surgery. She performed the surgery herself within a matter of hours. I very much appreciate that she did not leave the ER doc on call to handle our case. We have yet to end up with the desired result we would like (I have a significantly complicated medical history) , but we continue to be hopeful. Dr Thomas has been wonderful throughout this whole process.
I have no advice- but wish you the best of luck.
Dr Thomas is wonderful, she makes you feel as if you are going through this process with a friend.
We did all of the preliminary blood work and imaging to determine if there was a specific cause of infertility. We then started with 3 rounds of only clomid, then 1 rounds of clomid with injectables. Then we moved on for 2 rounds of clomid with injectables and IUI. Each of this cycles were closing monitored by ultrasound for every cycle. I have a history of cysts and there were times that ancycle was simply not variable and we did not treat during that time until the cyst had resolved itself. I felt like I was very much in control of our treatment. We were hesitant to spend considerable amounts of money at first and Dr Thomas was happy to help facilitate whatever we decided.
Phone calls were always returned in a very timely manor. Weekend appointments were made easily available if that I’d what my cycle required. The nursing staff is wonderful.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I think the clinic is great. There were a few times that I did not like the way information was delivered thru the glass window into the waiting area. I felt like a few conversation should been had with more privacy, rather than having a discuss with the office ladies knowing the entire waiting area could hear. Other than that- my husband and I did tease that maybe we were not getting pregnant yet because I didn’t dress up fancy enough, the waiting room was always filled with beautifully dressed people. 😊
Most of our treatments have been covered by insurance even though I do not have “fertility” benefits exactly.

2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I appreciated that she [Dr. Mika Thomas] also provided us with copies of the medical journals and research articles she referenced in citing outcomes and statistics. Dr. Thomas was always thorough but she was also warm and caring. She definitely left us feeling that she had individualized the treatment for us rather than using a onesize fits all approach...always provided thorough and up to date information about every detail of the process.
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Thomas always provided thorough and up to date information about every detail of the process. I appreciated that she also provided us with copies of the medical journals and research articles she referenced in citing outcomes and statistics. Dr. Thomas was always thorough but she was also warm and caring. She definitely left us feeling that she had individualized the treatment for us rather than using a onesize fits all approach.
Dr. Thomas will listen to you. Speak up if you have a question or concern
Dr. Thomas called and checked in on me several times. She offered genuine sympathy and support when things were difficult. She was also excited and joyful with us when things went well. It was obvious to both of us that she truly cared about us. Also, her phenomenal nurse, Brittany was equally invested and supportive of us. I always felt cared for.
At 38 yo with PCOS: We chose to do one cycle of Metformin while we waited for something at work to change which would make it easier for me to do full IVF. We were aware it was unlikely to work and it didn’t, but Dr. Thomas supported us in not wanting to “waste” that month. After that, we went straight to IVF because we knew we wanted more than one child and I was 38.5. We knew if IUI worked, we would likely be about 40 by the time we could try again and by then my egg quality would be significantly worse. We did 2 egg retrievals as follows: ER #1: Stimmed on very low doses due to my PCOS and saw significant response early. Used Follistim, Menopur, and eventually Ganirelix. Kept the doses low and was checked regularly. At egg retrieval, we got 33 eggs. Some were very poor quality, which we expected. We asked about ICSI but Dr. Thomas didn’t recommend it and our Fertilization rate of the mature eggs was good. Unfortunately, only 7 made it to day 5 and only 3 of those were PGS normal. We froze all (that was our plan from the start... it was what Hubby and I wanted for family planning purposes but also was Dr. T’s recommendation.) After ER #1, we consulted with Dr. Thomas and she felt our chances of having 2 children with our 3 PGS normal frozen embryos was very good. I was still not ready to let go of the idea of possibily having 3 kids so we decided to do one more ER to Bank a few more embryos for future use. ER #2 We followed a similar protocol as the first time and immediately saw I was responding more strongly this time. We pulled back on the stim meds and planned for a Lupron only trigger shot. Ended up getting 37 eggs that time (again, some very poor quality due to my age and PCOS). In that round we needed up with 2 PGS normal embryos because many came back with a trisomy issue. I recovered well from both ERs and we were thrilled with our results. We did a frozen embryo transfer protocol but I came down with an unrelated illness and we had to call it off. A month later, we started again and did a frozen embryo transfer. Everything looked great and my body responded well, but the embryo didn’t implant. We knew that it wasn’t guaranteed and we also chose to use an embryo that wasn’t the embryologist’s first choice. So, that might have influenced things too. We’re planning to do another FET soon and feel good about our chances with the embryos we have left. We’re very very pleased with the care we received.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Brittany )
Brittany was my rock through this whole process. She truly cares about us. She was so patient. She answered even my ridiculous questions with patience and compassion. She became like a sister to me. I adore her.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Overall it was great. They kept things running on schedule and respected my time. They returned calls promptly. They have a great facility and reasonable hours. They were professional and easy to work with. The billing department could be a bit better about communication, just in terms of clarity.
Frozen embryo transfer cycle including all lab work, ultrasounds, doctor visits, and the embryo transfer (excluding embryology fees) was prepaid $1500 plus the cost of meds. IVF Lab fees for embryo transfer (thawing embryo, prep of embryos for transfer etc) was $1450 prepaid. The egg retrieval is a little more challenging to price out because I don’t have the paperwork. WITH PGS testing, meds, the surgery, the monitoring, etc etc. I believe we payed somewhere in the neighborhood of $18,000 but a great deal of that was the PGS testing (I think that was maybe $5000 of it?). I’m sorry I can’t remm that part so well. It was a year ago.
Dr. Thomas recommended a single embryo transfer because my body responded well to the FET protocol and because our embryos were PGS tested. She also solicited our thoughts and we were not eager to increase our chances of multiples so we were on the same page.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
When we did see Dr. Thomas, we felt like she cared and treated us well. However, this clinic deals with such a large volume of patients, it was just hard to feel like our treatment plan was customized and important...I rarely saw Dr. Thomas during cycle appointments and instead only saw sonogram technicians. There were miscommunications between Dr. Thomas and the IVF lab that caused added stress on the day of egg retrievals.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Thomas is probably very good at easy and straightforward cases, but our case was a little more complicated. After our first cycle failed to produce multiple embryos, Dr. Thomas switched protocols thinking that would fix all of our issues. While the second cycle produced more eggs, the end result was the exact same as the first protocol. After the two cycles, our conversation with her was that we should consider donors. We felt that there was more testing to do before going down that path and were very disappointed she gave up so early.
If you have a complicated case with multiple issues, I would consider going to a smaller clinic where you will get more personalized care and communication.
I rarely saw Dr. Thomas during cycle appointments and instead only saw sonogram technicians. There were miscommunications between Dr. Thomas and the IVF lab that caused added stress on the day of egg retrievals. When we did see Dr. Thomas, we felt like she cared and treated us well. However, this clinic deals with such a large volume of patients, it was just hard to feel like our treatment plan was customized and important.
I have diminished ovarian reserve and my husband has low sperm volume but the other characteristics are normal. 1st Cycle - BCP, Lupron Flare protocol - 10 eggs, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 embryo (supposed to work well for DOR patients, but I developed a lead follicle which resulted in the others not catching up; also the BCP over-suppressed my system) 2nd Cycle - Estrogen Priming, Antagonist protocol - 20 eggs, 12 mature, 3 fertilized, 1 embryo (Estrogen priming helps prevent a lead follicle and helps to produce more eggs) PGS testing on both embryos, and both genetically abnormal
My nurse at times was overly blunt or did not explain things well. When I started my first cycle and asked about how things looked over time, she hedged around the question and didn't say much. In reality, things were not going well at all and the retrieval produced very few mature eggs.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
This clinic is very efficient and respects your time. I loved how quickly things moved and you could get in and out fast for tests. You definitely feel like a number though and things can get lost in communication between the nurses, doctor, and IVF lab.
Approximately $15K per cycle, including ICSI, embryo freezing, and biopsy for PGS
Dr. Thomas prefers eSET if there is a genetically normal embryo, which makes sense to me.
Dallas

Dr. Thomas closely monitors you during your treatment so expect to be monitored, have labs drawn, have consultations frequently...Dr Thomas has been very "present" during each appointment whether it's a face-to-face consultation, monitoring or lab work. She has a calm and friendly, yet professional bedside manner and has a great intellect related to fertility. I trust her medical opinions and know she has my best interest in mind during all times of treatment.
Dr Thomas was very alert and interested in our story from the first consultation. Although she didn't seem to write much information/history down, she could summarize everything in great detail at the end of the consult. She was very humble by sharing what worked for her conception and very professional at all times. She was strictly business, no emotional therapy given, which may not work for some people. Since I am in the medical field, I greatly appreciated the medical jargon and non-emotion consultation to decide the best plan of care. She has not once recommended we jump straight to IVF, instead recommending more cost-effective therapies for a few months. I highly recommend her to others who may been seeking this type of RE.
I would say they should be aware that Dr. Thomas closely monitors you during your treatment so expect to be monitored, have labs drawn, have consultations frequently.
Letrazole 2.5mg x 5 days CD 5-9 for 3-4 months
The nursing staff are very prompt with lab/monitoring results and what the next step is. There are never any answers they can't answer themselves. They are very aware of my individualized plan of treatment.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
It's in a great location in Dallas but on the 2nd floor of office building with limited parking and no elevator available. For those individuals that are obese, this may be difficult for them. Otherwise, the clinic is very nice.
I have been able to bill majority of my treatment through insurance besides some of the medications. When comparing IUI/IVF treatments, this group has competitive pricing with others in the area.
Dallas

This practice is very busy and centered around seeing as many patients as possible vs patient care. Sonographers did all of my ultrasounds. Dr Thomas frequently didn't communicate changes in protocol to nurses so I was constantly having to advocate for myself and ask about medications Dr Thomas wanted me to take. I reminded Dr Thomas every single IUI that I spotted and she would need to have me on progesterone, yet each time she forgot and I had to ask about it. Dr Thomas was frequently distracted when we had consultations and was often being paged.
I would get opinions from several clinics and also ask how involved Dr Thomas will actually be involved in patient care vs sonographers. Ask about her communication of protocol changes to nurses.
My meeting with Dr Thomas were great and I could feel her compassion. But the practice is extremely busy. I rarely was able to meet with Dr Thomas. Often when I met with her (for visits we paid cash for - 100% out of pocket) she would be getting paged or interrupted so the visits were unsatisfactory or disjointed because she was distracted. She would often be running late. Sonographers did all of my ultrasounds and they were frequently not sure of what they were seeing, which would cause me to have to return to the office for an additional ultrasound (which I had to pay for because we were out of pocket). The doctors, nurses and sonographers did not communicate well, which resulted in confusion in my protocol for my last two IUI cycles.
2 IUIs with femera, 1 with injectables. No pregnancy. Multiple ultrasounds because she frequently thought something was wrong with my uterus but never found anything.
Nurses didn't check the web portal, were hard to reach via phone and didn't have good communication with Dr Thomas. I constantly had to ask about meds, clarify dosage and have them follow-up with Dr Thomas. Additionally, I often felt like I was bothering them with questions.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The clinic is very busy - I felt like a number at this clinic. I saw a sonographer more than my doctor. I did not feel like I received sufficient care from my doctor.
about $1k/IUI

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I was not expecting to be diagnosed with DOR. ... We will begin with an IUI with injectables in December after I’ve healed. ... At all of my appointments so far, I’ve never felt rushed and she [Dr. Mika] spent almost 1 hour with me at each appointment. She walked through the steps I needed to go through before starting fertility treatments and made me feel comfortable with our plan. ...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Thomas is very compassionate and patient. I was not expecting to be diagnosed with DOR. I had a fibroid that my gyno said an RE may want to take out, so I was expecting to hear only that. I started crying in the office when she told me my diagnosis and she gave me a hug and made me feel like there was hope.
Come with lots of questions and don’t be afraid to ask for clarification.
At all of my appointments so far, I’ve never felt rushed and she spent almost 1 hour with me at each appointment. She walked through the steps I needed to go through before starting fertility treatments and made me feel comfortable with our plan.
We haven’t started treatment yet. I was diagnosed in September 2018. I had to have a fibroid removed before starting treatment. We will begin with an IUI with injectables in December after I’ve healed. If a few rounds of IUI don’t work, we will move forward with IVF.
Any time I call the clinic, I typically get a call back the same day within a couple of hours.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
There are several REs at this clinic and I think that allows for the doctors to spend more time with their patients. As a DOR patient, I will be interested to see how they manage changes to protocols if we are not successful.
The cost for IVF was reasonable for what I’ve heard about other clinics. For IVF with fresh transfer (no ICSI or testing) it is about $9K. My IUI will be about $800 including meds.
She said she would transfer 2 embryos once we get to that point. We do not have issues with having twins.

Other, Unexplained
If possible, she [Dr. Mika Thomas] cares too much about her patients. It can sometimes cause her to run behind but when you need the extra time, she is always there for you. I had an issue with her nurse and she personally called me to discuss what happened and our next treatment plan. She is an amazing person and doctor...We did a quick start cycle because I can't take birth control pills. She managed the increase in meds accordingly and we had a great outcome
Other, Unexplained
If possible, she cares too much about her patients. It can sometimes cause her to run behind but when you need the extra time, she is always there for you. I had an issue with her nurse and she personally called me to discuss what happened and our next treatment plan. She is an amazing person and doctor
Educate yourself so you can ask educated questions
She listened to me every step of the way. When I had my miscarriage, she held my hand and then gave me a hug before I left the clinic. After I had my daughter, she remembered me when I came back to see her. She remembers who I am in settings outside the clinic.
There was one nurse I didn't care for. She wasn't compassionate and didn't seem to enjoy her job. She is no longer with the clinic. All the other nurses were wonderful
I hav insurance coverage so I only had to pay my coinsurance. I do know they were willing to work with me and my insurance to ensure coverage
I had 4 good quality embryos on transfer day. I wanted to transfer 2 and was very upset that the embryologist said only 1. Dr Thomas came to explain why she felt that 1 was the best option for me, given we were doing a fresh transfer, good quality embryos, and my age. I listened to her and am happy that I did, as our fresh transfer resulted in a healthy singleton

Other, Unexplained
After initial tests and scans she [Dr. Thomas] first recommended starting with medication. Chlomid had not worked for me so she recommended using Letrozole. After that did not work on it's own we upped the dose and added Ovidrel. We had one failed IUI. We were repeating the treatment, but were out of town when the IUI would need to happen and we ended up conceiving without it...She was always very warm and seemed open and honest.
Other, Unexplained
I found her to be very knowledgeable. She had a warm and kind manner, but she also seemed to have a sense of humor. I felt she was trustworthy and honest about our treatment and her recommendations. I felt she took the necessary steps to test and review our fertility situation and make recommendations that felt comfortable to us. There was no pressure to do anything we were uncomfortable with at any time.
Follow her advice and don't wait to move forward with treatment.
She was always very warm and seemed open and honest.
After initial tests and scans she first recommended starting with medication. Chlomid had not worked for me so she recommended using Letrozole. After that did not work on it's own we upped the dose and added Ovidrel. We had one failed IUI. We were repeating the treatment, but were out of town when the IUI would need to happen and we ended up conceiving without it.
They were all very professional and nice.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Everyone was great. There was a bit of a wait on our first visit, but after that it seemed like we were always in and out fairly quickly.
Insurance covered some but not all
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I felt very comfortable with dr. Thomas throughout the cycle in which we conceived our daughter. She took time to listen to all concerns and questions and changed the plan when needed. Our cycle did not go as planned but she quickly discussed other options with us which ended up resulting in our baby.... Dr Thomas and her nurse took time to listen to my concerns and develop an individual plan of care to fit me.
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Don’t be scared off by her medical assistant.
So helpful and friendly.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Organization and communication is a strength. I felt like I could trust them with getting a message to my dr. I DID NOT care for Dr. thomas’ medical assistant. Her bedside manner was completely opposite of everyone in the clinic. I have no idea how she is still around. I considered not starting additional treatments with Dr. Thomas because of Sherry.
The clinic cost was around 10000 and around 6000 for meds. I was taking omnitrope shots which is why my meds were so expensive.
Because we didn’t have children and we were okay with having twins, Dr Thomas recommended we transfer two embryos.
Dallas

Smart, rational yet caring and compassionate. Very warm bedside manner. Trustworthy. Cares for emotions and works with each patient to do what is best for them. Specializes in creating a plan of care that best suits her patients....Dr. Thomas has a very warm and caring bedside manner. She always remembered discussions and sensitive subjects and was aware of the emotional difficulty of trying to conceive...I had a strong preference for single embryo transfer as a NICU nurse. Dr. Thomas recommend it as well however did let us decide in the end after giving us the pros and cons of each method.
Trust her as a medical professional who has done many years of study and research, do not rely on your own google searches and diagnosis.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Front office staff is very welcoming, patient, and helpful. Other physicians seen on weekends are all nice and trustworthy. Embryologist very knowledgable and helpful in answering IVF questions. Flexible with you desires and wishes versus using standard protocol.
IUI $200

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Thomas] has experienced fertility issues herself and understand the struggle and pain you go through...Loved my time with her. She has always taken the time to make sure we understand our options and is always willing to take any time needed to answer the questions that we have. She is very open and honest regarding the options you have, and will help you make those tough choices. She is very thorough with all of the testing and procedures to find an answer and/or treatment.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Trust that she is doing everything to help you become pregnant.
She has experienced fertility issues herself and understand the struggle and pain you go through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Brittany)
Brittany was great with the communication with me. I would call with many questions and she made sure to answer them all, or ask Dr. Thomas for clairfication.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Everyone at the clinic was very polite and professional. Most of my appointments were on time or early. 75% of the time I was able to schedule my appointment with the times I could fit in with my work schedule.
My IUI's were not covered under insurance and cost around $500.

3 IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
She is extremely compassionate and solutions- oriented. She has been a Godsend after my first experience with a RE who had terrible bedside manner. I've been through two cycles with her, and the second cycle her adjustments resulted in a considerable increase in both eggs retrieved and embryos at the blastocyst stage...Make follow up appointments to speak with her - don't miss the opportunity and only work with the nurses..
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
First cycle - full stim IVF with 75/day Menopur and 300/day Gonal F - resulted in 3 eggs and one blastocyst Second cycle - mini IVF with Clomid, 75/day menopur and 100-150/day Gonal F - resulted in 5 eggs and two blastocysts
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
There is a lot of volume, and you have to be an advocate for yourself. Brittany, Dr Thomas' nurse, and the sonogram tech are wonderfully kind and helpful. While I've heard negatives about other physicians at the clinic, Dr Thomas' team has been terrific.
$9000 for full stim cycle $7000 for mini IVF
Dallas
Dr Thomas is an outstanding professional who communicated very clearly information, risks, and benchmarks. She allowed time for any questions I had and was very interested in my state of mind and overall well being throughout. I appreciate her candid, straight forward approach.
Don't hold back with questions or concerns, and don't hesitate to contact her with additional questions or concerns.
Personalized, customized approach with constant communication.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Clean, modern, comfortable, warm and friendly. Every member of the staff is outstanding.

2011 - 2015
PCOS, Unexplained
I can't say enough good things about her [Dr. Thomas]. Because of her I have my son after 12 yrs of trying...She always offered hope and positivity. She shared personal experiences. Sometimes she would personally call to deliver news or answer questions. I have complete faith in her knowledge and expertise in her field.
2011 - 2015
PCOS, Unexplained
I can't say enough good things about her. Because of her I have my son after 12 yrs of trying. I've referred several people to her and they've had success as well.
Be patient and trust her course if action.
I felt that Dr. Thomas herself took a personal interest in my case. Always seemed excited to see me. She always offered hope and positivity. She shared personal experiences. Sometimes she would personally call to deliver news or answer questions. I have complete faith in her knowledge and expertise in her field.
Dr. Thomas has had several nurses. I basically made sure to ask Dr. Thomas as many questions as I could when I had appointments with her directly. Her nurses changed so frequently it was hard to keep up.
Dallas

I don't have a negative comment. Dr Thomas makes an anxiety-prone process as simple and comforting as possible. She treats you like a long time friend and always had a plan ready...Dr Thomas has a very personal approach to care. She makes you feel like she is as emotionally invested in you success as you and your spouse.
Fertility treatment in general is a process that takes commitment and pateince.

2013 - 2018
She [Dr. Thomas] always was willing to hear me out. She was open to my suggestion. She is always supportive.... She is a patient and warm hearted person. She understands my pain. She has never treated me as another patient. She always has positivity filled with her. Everytime I am down she pulls me up and says come on we can do it.... I did 3 clomid cycles, 3iui, 3hormone injection,1 ivf and several cycles naturally. Everything was a negative, except one which was a miracle.
2013 - 2018
Be open to her. Abt ur medical, physical and financial needs. She will find a way to guide u.
She always was willing to hear me out. She was open to my suggestion. She is always supportive.
I did 3 clomid cycles, 3iui, 3hormone injection,1 ivf and several cycles naturally. Everything was a negative, except one which was a miracle. For me my medication always works as the doctor expects, it always does not mess up. But I dont get a positive. I have never got a reason as why. Everytime i hear is with pcos that's how it will be. So I really dont know wat my problem is.. other than pcos.
I always had issues with the nurses I just stay with the hospital only bcos of mika thomas.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
People in general are nice. But they are rude sometimes. I had issues with appointments. Alot of time the doctor has no clue of the people in the front. Before the nurses I worked with were very sweet. They all left the office
The cost is a bit more u think. But very understanding in payment. They also have a payment plan.
We had several embryos but only 2 made for the 3rd day. So doctor suggested two is like giving out best choice. Plus I trust her so I also felt it was the right thing to do.
Dallas

Dr Thomas didnt seem to just want me to have IVF treatment for the money. She explained to me the different type of procedures that met my needs and just seem to be very caring. I just couldn't afford IVF but if I could she would be the dr I trust to do it. She seem very genuine as well.... I just remember she recommended that I try iui or IVF.... The clinic [DFW Fertility Associates- Dallas] was very clean and organized and just had a good work flow going. You never have to wait long in the waiting area
Go in with a open mind and you are in good hands.
Dr. Thomas was very informative and caring. She explained to me a treatment plan but I just couldn't afford it.
I just remember she recommended that I try iui or IVF.
The nurses where very professional.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The clinic was very clean and organized and just had a good work flow going. You never have to wait long in the waiting area. The team made sure all your needs are met. They ask if you need water. The restroom was very clean. The rooms are very clean and updated. I honestly can't think of any weakness for this clinic. The area where you get your blood drawn is also clean and organized.
My insurance charges Dr. Thomas off as a specialist which is covered. But my insurance will not cover the IVF part. I have pcos but I guess it doesn't matter.