Not available by email
Traverse City, MI 49684
Kalamazoo
317 South Drake Rd
Kalamazoo, MI 49009
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mili Thakur to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7

4.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Fertility Center of Michigan to a friend?
Dr. Thakur was very direct but also very compassionate. She sincerely seemed concerned that I was having trouble conceiving, and wants to figure out why. ... I was also put on synthroid because my absorption rate was "normal" but hypo for someone who is TTC. ... I am very happy, she sat down with me and gave me numbers and what those numbers meant and what she wanted to do and how I was supposed to do it.
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
It is still very early in my treatment, but compared to how I was treated at my OB/GYN I am very happy, she sat down with me and gave me numbers and what those numbers meant and what she wanted to do and how I was supposed to do it. She also was very compassionate, and explained that there are several different factors that could be at play and to conceive they all need to work in sync.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
This is a new experience, don't expect the same experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Describe the protocols Mili Thakur used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
I am still very new to the clinic and Dr. Thakur, but we are trying 3 cycles of femara using OPK's with an optimal trigger shot to begin because I was able to conceive once on a clomid cycle ( but it resulted in a chemical pregnancy). I was also put on synthroid because my absorption rate was "normal" but hypo for someone who is TTC.
They were very helpful and compassionate, they made sure that any questions I had were answered and that I had everything I needed.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It is still very early in my treatment at the clinic but so far I can say that they are very organized but also very busy. Some of the hours are a little strange but I also work a kind of first/second shift job so I have some odd hours open.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
My insurance does not cover any costs. When setting up my first appointment I was given a range of about how much my visit would cost so that I would be prepared and then at my visit I was given a sheet that broke down the clinic costs for visits, procedures, and most medications.
Kalamazoo

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I just completed my HSG test [with Dr. Thakur]...She was great with calming me and at the end of the test took the time to explain what she saw and what she would like our next steps to be. We will go back for our second consultation about moving forward with IVF. In our initial consult she spent well over an hour discussing our history and really letting me know that has can only recommend treatment, but ultimately she will help however she can.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of PA?
She is very thorough with learning history and answering any questions. She has made clear each step of the process, we are scheduled to meet again to discuss IVF as our plan moving ahead after an HSG found I have tubal blockage. She was very emphatic during my procedure and has given me hope that she is confident she can help us achieve a successful pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of PA?
Ask questions, tell your story. She is listening and wants nothing more than to help you reach your goal of becoming a parent.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of PA?
I just completed my HSG test, Dr Thakur had trouble with my test and asked at many points if I was comfortable enough to keep going. She was great with calming me and at the end of the test took the time to explain what she saw and what she would like our next steps to be. We will go back for our second consultation about moving forward with IVF. In our initial consult she spent well over an hour discussing our history and really letting me know that has can only recommend treatment, but ultimately she will help however she can.
Describe the protocols Mili Thakur used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of PA and their degree of success.
Initially our protocol would include fertility drugs, timed intercourse and supplements. She first wanted to complete all blood work and check my tubes with a HSG test. After the HSG I was found to have complete right side blockage and she then sat down with us to explain that IVF is our next step if we so desire. She said we needed to speak much more in-depth and set up a second consultation to get us ready to start the process.
So far everyone has been very kind and helpful with any questions I’ve had. And everyone I’ve encountered through all the testing has been great too.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
Doctors, scheduling, nurses and front desk are all very helpful. I have had some confusion and difficulties with the billing and insurance department getting things figured out for my husband’s testing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of PA.
So far everything has been covered, a price sheet was given to us describing each service and cost. IVF without medication is close to $9200
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of PA?
The Fertility Center of PA
York

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of PA.

We went to see Dr Thakur after I suffered an ectopic pregnancy. She actually validated our loss. Also, after some test results came back showing that I was in DOR, she sat down with us for an hour and a half and discussed what all that meant. Also, after our next loss, she sat down with us to discuss what she thought the cause of that was.... We both felt like Dr Thakur was very smart. She takes the time to go over all the options. I never felt pressured to do one course of treatment over the other. She outlined what she thought would be the best course of treatment and how long we should go through with that and when to move on.
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
My husband does not love seeing drs, especially after we went through an ectopic pregnancy and a lot of unknowns. We both felt like Dr Thakur was very smart. She takes the time to go over all the options. I never felt pressured to do one course of treatment over the other. She outlined what she thought would be the best course of treatment and how long we should go through with that and when to move on.
Ask lots of questions! Also, if you have information about something that you’ve read online, tell her about it. She is very smart and will tell you whether or not there is any sort of evidence to back it up.
We have always done femara and ovidrel because I respond well to the femara. The first month I only had one mature follicle so she upped my dose and I seem to be responding well to that!
The nurses for the most part are great! They respond very quickly to phone calls. I do feel like they are a little overwhelmed because a lot of times they don’t know the full extent of “your case” which I wish they did. Also, a lot of times you have to call and get test results versus them calling you. They are all very patient and compassionate and do take time to listen to your concerns.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I love that the fertility center has multiple locations and super flexible hours for monitoring ultrasounds! I do wish that the drs spent one more day in Mason. I also feel like the pricing is reasonable versus a lot of other clinics.
Our initial appointment was $285 and every appointment after that was $180. Ultrasounds were about $110. The IUI is around $700. For us, the femara was covered by insurance but the fertility center helped me get the best price for ovidrel at about $95/shot.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Grand Rapids