Medical SchoolGovernment Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh, India
1200 6th Street
Traverse City, MI 49684
317 South Drake Rd
Kalamazoo, MI 49009
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mili Thakur to a friend?
9.8

9.7

5.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Fertility Center of Michigan to a friend?
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
If you are looking for a fertility doctor that will cover all aspects of your health, (physical, mental and emotional) Dr. Mili Thakur is the right doctor for you. Her knowledge of the field and compassionate bedside manor will give you confidence that you are in the best hands. She wants nothing more than success for all her patients on the safest path...encouraged me to take multiple vitamins such as prenatal, CoQ10, folic acid, vitamin C, fish oil, D-3, vitamin E and Metformin. There were multiple injections I used such as Lupron, Progesterone, and other standard medications for IVF treatment. We discussed ICSI and Blastocyst as the best options for my pregnancy success.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
During my time at The Fertility Center - Grand Rapids, Dr. Thakur has take incredible care of me through the many delays I've experienced. There were multiple surprises along the way due to my health, not any reflection of my clinic or doctor, such as surgeries to better improve my chances of pregnancies (tube removal and endometriosis removal). These issues were diagnosed by Dr. Thakur and she was able to change my medical plan to suit those needs. Dr. Thakur has been incredibly informative and empathetic. I feel Dr. Thakur truly cares about me and my opinion with my best interest and safety in mind.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Mili Thakur has amazing bedside manor. She has kept me feeling reassured and well taken care of. Her ability to deliver news, both positive and negative, with extreme compassion rather an only clinical view let's me know I am at the right office with the right doctor.
Describe the protocols Mili Thakur used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
Dr. Thakur encouraged me to take multiple vitamins such as prenatal, CoQ10, folic acid, vitamin C, fish oil, D-3, vitamin E and Metformin. There were multiple injections I used such as Lupron, Progesterone, and other standard medications for IVF treatment. We discussed ICSI and Blastocyst as the best options for my pregnancy success.
The nurses give extreme patience with the many questions I've asked, sometimes multiple times. Their bedside manor also shows great compassion and understanding of the emotional roller coaster infertility dishes out. The nurses show incredible care with detail and being thorough.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I have a limiting schedule with my career to allow for the many doctors appointments IVF warrants. The scheduling staff always found a way to fit my schedule. The clinic offers FREE counseling sessions with their in house counselor. They also have a monthly support group session that I have found helpful. The clinic is modern, clean and easy to access.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
For an egg retrial, fresh embryo transfer and the medications associated with it, I spent roughly $14,000.
Describe Mili Thakur's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Dr. Mili Thakur has guided me through the process to the right decisions. Due to my age, medical diagnosis and preference, we have chosen to go the route of multiple embryo transfer with not more than 2 embryos.
Grand Rapids

I felt so comfortable with Dr. Mili Thakur. She explained things so well & didn't blame either my partner nor myself. She is always available to answer our questions & wants to help us get pregnant...She also has a great bedside manner that makes you feel she cares and wants to help you in your dream of becoming parents come true...suggest we do up to three rounds of IUI if the sperm count was good. I thought that was a great amount of time and very reasonable. Nursing Staff
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
I had a great experience with Dr. Mili Thakur. She was the first doctor to take us seriously. My regular OBGYN didnt want to do any testing. Dr. Mili Thakur explained everything in detail at every consultation we had. What our next steps would be and what the procedures would involve. One consultation we couldn't make it to the office so she called us on the phone. I feel confident with her. I would suggest her to anyone going through this journey. She also has a great bedside manner that makes you feel she cares and wants to help you in your dream of becoming parents come true.
She is a great doctor and really wants to help you conceive. Very kind and personable.
At our first consultation she put me on a pill called femara & suggest we do up to three rounds of IUI if the sperm count was good. I thought that was a great amount of time and very reasonable.
The nursing staff was very helpful. They called us in a timely fashion about our lab results and if we called with questions they called us back fairly quickly.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I always got right in to do my procedures or see my doctor. Hardly no wait time. They are friendly and greet you when you go into the office. They are very personable yet professional. I have no compliments about the clinic.
We had to pay for office visits, ultrasounds and our IUI treatments. Our insurance only covered some medication & some lab work.
Grand Rapids

Mili Thakur was very kind when we had our first visit. Going into fertility treatments we were scared and unsure, but she did her best to explain everything and give us a written plan/ timeline of what to expect. Even after our miscarriage she was sure to call weeks after to see how we were doing and offered any type of therapy if needed through the fertility center.... Before seeing her I took provera for 10 days to jump start my period and then on cycle day 3 Femara 2.5mg though my OB
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be patient with her accent and language barrier because she is a great doctor!
She didn't make me feel like she was just talking to another patient for the day. She was kind and explained our plans and the next steps we were taking very thoroughly. Keeps in contact to check on how things are going.
Before seeing her I took provera for 10 days to jump start my period and then on cycle day 3 Femara 2.5mg though my OB and then had my appt with the fertility center in November 2018. They monitored the rest of the cycle out which I then found out we were pregnant December 2018. She monitored very closely with bloodwork. In January of 2019 we miscarried. In Febuary we started provera again for 10days to jump start my period and in March 2019 we tried Femara 5mg and with cycle 14 ultrasound it showed the foliciles were too small so for 5 days I took Femara 7.5g mg to grow the foliciles and returned in 10 days to see that the folices had tripled in size, due to no ovulation that time I started another round of femara 7.5mg in April. Now we are awaiting to see folicile size. This round we will be doing a ovadril shot for ovulation.
The nursing staff have been nothing but awesome! Everytime i have an appointment they are very friendly. When I had my miscarriage my ultrasound techs were so comforting and supportive, they didn't treat me like just another person who miscarried. The nurses after each ultrasound have been so thorough about the next step in the cycle. I do not have one bad thing to say about the nursing staff at the fertility center.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The knowledge that the clinic has is by far their greatest strength. I have no doubt going in there each time. A weakness might be that sometimes when getting transferred from the nurse to scheduling on the phone I'm not always clear on what the nurse wants me to schedule.
I believe my co pays for office visits have been around 30 to 40 dollars each time
Have not had to deal with this situation
Grand Rapids

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan.

We felt she [Dr. Thakur] was thorough and helping us identify the issues as well as solutions. She followed up with us personally when she found out from the nurse that I was hesitant about the retrieval based on tests. She followed up directly when I had some slight concern of overstimulation (turned out I wasn’t ohss but she wanted to call to chat anyway). She called when she’d heard I was sick from the meds to see about adjusting them even though I’d commented I’d tough it out. She was available when we needed her by phone or office visit and was just really great to work with.
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We felt she was thorough and helping us identify the issues as well as solutions. She followed up with us personally when she found out from the nurse that I was hesitant about the retrieval based on tests. She followed up directly when I had some slight concern of overstimulation (turned out I wasn’t ohss but she wanted to call to chat anyway). She called when she’d heard I was sick from the meds to see about adjusting them even though I’d commented I’d tough it out. She was available when we needed her by phone or office visit and was just really great to work with.
Don’t hold back on questions because she will draw pictures and explain everything you just have to ask. In the beginning I don’t think I asked as much, with nerves etc and so wish I had as she was so great at taking the time to explain things to us.
She was great about sitting ya down and going through every detail of the process. We had a prior doc and felt like a number and this was a million times better. She was sympathetic, called to check in when she knew I’d been sick even though I hadn’t called. She was our team mate not our doctor.
We started with femara lightly and an IUI because we weren’t sure how severe the sperm motility was. She switched us to clomid and objectively gonalf to grow additional eggs and grow them more friendly to penetration by softer sperm as we didn’t have a lot of strength on our side. We tried different variations of that. We learned I react very very poorly to any progesterone and in the end canceled my retrieval to see what else could be tried safely before we did a retrieval and transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The nurses were mostly pretty great. There were times it felt like it was difficult hearing back and we’d play a lot of phone tag as they didn’t seem to answer the phone ever but because I was working I couldn’t always pick up when they called back.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They were overall a really great place to be working with. The few complaints I have are quite minor, they seem to be very busy and I get that but getting back to people on administrative stuff is not their strong suit. Getting record copy’s, talking to their billing department, finding out what paperwork is needed next all took longer than necessary. While the nurses and docs will call back within the day the office itself won’t call back for a fee sometimes, or forget to email paperwork or forms etc. so that part was frustrating.
Iui’s were broken between the lab and the insemination itself. Lab was $350, procedure $250 for a total of $600. Meds were usually sent to freedom pharmacy unless you requested otherwise. Consults were $350ish even though the nurse will always say on the phone 200 they always bill at the higher coding rate. Sperm analysis are $200, genetic testing is $100 for each spouse.
We had heard the field was cutting back on transfers but our doctor said that they still transfer two if we really wanted it or if we’ve down more than one IVF already.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Grand Rapids

Dr. Thakur was very direct but also very compassionate. She sincerely seemed concerned that I was having trouble conceiving, and wants to figure out why. ... I was also put on synthroid because my absorption rate was "normal" but hypo for someone who is TTC. ... I am very happy, she sat down with me and gave me numbers and what those numbers meant and what she wanted to do and how I was supposed to do it.
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
It is still very early in my treatment, but compared to how I was treated at my OB/GYN I am very happy, she sat down with me and gave me numbers and what those numbers meant and what she wanted to do and how I was supposed to do it. She also was very compassionate, and explained that there are several different factors that could be at play and to conceive they all need to work in sync.
This is a new experience, don't expect the same experience.
I am still very new to the clinic and Dr. Thakur, but we are trying 3 cycles of femara using OPK's with an optimal trigger shot to begin because I was able to conceive once on a clomid cycle ( but it resulted in a chemical pregnancy). I was also put on synthroid because my absorption rate was "normal" but hypo for someone who is TTC.
They were very helpful and compassionate, they made sure that any questions I had were answered and that I had everything I needed.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It is still very early in my treatment at the clinic but so far I can say that they are very organized but also very busy. Some of the hours are a little strange but I also work a kind of first/second shift job so I have some odd hours open.
My insurance does not cover any costs. When setting up my first appointment I was given a range of about how much my visit would cost so that I would be prepared and then at my visit I was given a sheet that broke down the clinic costs for visits, procedures, and most medications.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I just completed my HSG test [with Dr. Thakur]...She was great with calming me and at the end of the test took the time to explain what she saw and what she would like our next steps to be. We will go back for our second consultation about moving forward with IVF. In our initial consult she spent well over an hour discussing our history and really letting me know that has can only recommend treatment, but ultimately she will help however she can.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of PA?
She is very thorough with learning history and answering any questions. She has made clear each step of the process, we are scheduled to meet again to discuss IVF as our plan moving ahead after an HSG found I have tubal blockage. She was very emphatic during my procedure and has given me hope that she is confident she can help us achieve a successful pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of PA?
Ask questions, tell your story. She is listening and wants nothing more than to help you reach your goal of becoming a parent.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of PA?
I just completed my HSG test, Dr Thakur had trouble with my test and asked at many points if I was comfortable enough to keep going. She was great with calming me and at the end of the test took the time to explain what she saw and what she would like our next steps to be. We will go back for our second consultation about moving forward with IVF. In our initial consult she spent well over an hour discussing our history and really letting me know that has can only recommend treatment, but ultimately she will help however she can.
Describe the protocols Mili Thakur used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of PA and their degree of success.
Initially our protocol would include fertility drugs, timed intercourse and supplements. She first wanted to complete all blood work and check my tubes with a HSG test. After the HSG I was found to have complete right side blockage and she then sat down with us to explain that IVF is our next step if we so desire. She said we needed to speak much more in-depth and set up a second consultation to get us ready to start the process.
So far everyone has been very kind and helpful with any questions I’ve had. And everyone I’ve encountered through all the testing has been great too.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
Doctors, scheduling, nurses and front desk are all very helpful. I have had some confusion and difficulties with the billing and insurance department getting things figured out for my husband’s testing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of PA.
So far everything has been covered, a price sheet was given to us describing each service and cost. IVF without medication is close to $9200
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of PA?
The Fertility Center of PA
York
She [Dr. Thakur] always greeted me or us with a warm smile, a hand shake, and some sort of memory from previous conversations even if it wasn’t treatment related. She has given excellent advice in times of stress and she is very good expressing concern based on experience and allowing you to make the final decisions in your journey...She expressed concern about not “wasting time” and that we will need to be more aggressive as we go. We left the consultation feeling confident in our new RE. I believe it take some a special confidence and tremendous courage to put faith in your doctor and we felt both and still feel both working with Dr Thakur.
European, Other
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr Thakur’s approach is that of passion, compassion, expertise, and specialized education. She specializes in individualized care and doesn’t make you feel polarized based on your journey thus far. Her first question to my husband and me was “What is it that you have planned for your treatment. What would you like to this journey to be?” We expressed our thoughts on med induced cycles with timed inter course and if those failed after a few attempts, we would like to move on to IUI. After looking at our medics history, she agreed that that is a good approach. She expressed concern about not “wasting time” and that we will need to be more aggressive as we go. We left the consultation feeling confident in our new RE. I believe it take some a special confidence and tremendous courage to put faith in your doctor and we felt both and still feel both working with Dr Thakur.
Be honest about your journey. She is very receptive. She has the experience to guide not only to where you want to go, but down the path you want to travel. She gives excellent and advice and has a fact based approach to back it up. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and for clarity.
She always greeted me or us with a warm smile, a hand shake, and some sort of memory from previous conversations even if it wasn’t treatment related. She has given excellent advice in times of stress and she is very good expressing concern based on experience and allowing you to make the final decisions in your journey.
We started off trying 50mg of Clomid, with prenatals, Vitamin D supplements because let’s be honest, living in Michigan doesn’t provide optimal Vitamin D. I’m also taking Synthroid to keep my T-SHIRT down to a level that can sustain pregnancy. She felt strongly that my ovaries would respond well to 50mg of Clomid, and they did! Although I have had 3 failed cycles, she holds confidence in us moving on to IUI. She wants to put me on Progesterone to lengthen my Luteal Phase and increase the Clomid to 100mg to give us optimal rate of success. We are very excited to move forward!
Each time I call, I am greeted genuinely and the nurses are so good and answering all my questions and making sure I understand their answers or anything I may be confused on. They are prompt when having to return my call as well. They are incredibly friendly and very knowledgeable
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They have a few locations to serve the Michigan community. I have the option of two locations that are fairly close to me which I appreciate. They coordinate my appts well with my work schedule. I also appreciate that. The staff is friendly and at this stage, I haven’t seen any weaknesses.
My insurance has covered a great deal of my office visits and ultrasound appointments. I have paid maybe $300 out of pocket so far for Clomid cycles with timed intercourse. The IUI will be $600 our the door and I think that’s affordable as all get out. This clinic is known for their success rates and fair pricing. Lowest in the state if I’ve not mistaken.
Grand Rapids

We went to see Dr Thakur after I suffered an ectopic pregnancy. She actually validated our loss. Also, after some test results came back showing that I was in DOR, she sat down with us for an hour and a half and discussed what all that meant. Also, after our next loss, she sat down with us to discuss what she thought the cause of that was.... We both felt like Dr Thakur was very smart. She takes the time to go over all the options. I never felt pressured to do one course of treatment over the other. She outlined what she thought would be the best course of treatment and how long we should go through with that and when to move on.
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
My husband does not love seeing drs, especially after we went through an ectopic pregnancy and a lot of unknowns. We both felt like Dr Thakur was very smart. She takes the time to go over all the options. I never felt pressured to do one course of treatment over the other. She outlined what she thought would be the best course of treatment and how long we should go through with that and when to move on.
Ask lots of questions! Also, if you have information about something that you’ve read online, tell her about it. She is very smart and will tell you whether or not there is any sort of evidence to back it up.
We have always done femara and ovidrel because I respond well to the femara. The first month I only had one mature follicle so she upped my dose and I seem to be responding well to that!
The nurses for the most part are great! They respond very quickly to phone calls. I do feel like they are a little overwhelmed because a lot of times they don’t know the full extent of “your case” which I wish they did. Also, a lot of times you have to call and get test results versus them calling you. They are all very patient and compassionate and do take time to listen to your concerns.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I love that the fertility center has multiple locations and super flexible hours for monitoring ultrasounds! I do wish that the drs spent one more day in Mason. I also feel like the pricing is reasonable versus a lot of other clinics.
Our initial appointment was $285 and every appointment after that was $180. Ultrasounds were about $110. The IUI is around $700. For us, the femara was covered by insurance but the fertility center helped me get the best price for ovidrel at about $95/shot.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?

IVF, Donor Eggs
I had asked if we could do IVF with my eggs, but she [Dr. Mili Thakur] said she strongly suggests not - because I had such a low reserve and a genetic issue as well. We have not started the egg donor process yet, but will be starting soon!...She took the time to explain our genetic issues with us and also how it may impact our family...She is sympathetic and explains things very well. She is very knowledgeable in the subject - especially genetics which was helpful to our situation. It is hard to hear that we will never have biological children, but she told us in a way that we appreciated. She gave us the facts while still showing empathy.
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
As I am sure the case with all doctors, come with questions!
I had asked if we could do IVF with my eggs, but she said she strongly suggests not - because I had such a low reserve and a genetic issue as well. We have not started the egg donor process yet, but will be starting soon!
The nursing staff is engaging and professional. There was one nurse that I met with that clearly did not read my charts before I came in and that was a bit frustrating. She was asking me when my last period was ( I do not have a period and that would have been in my file) and when I told her that I do not have one, she was asking me questions as to why. I found this unnecessary as they have all that info already.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Professional setting with great resources! I enjoy the services that they offer such as free counseling and genetic counseling. These two services were very helpful to my husband and I. It is a tough journey to navigate through.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Miki Thakur] explained everything thoroughly about the iui and called me at home the following day (after the procedure) to see how I was doing and if I had any questions or concerns...I felt like she cared about my thoughts and feelings on the issues I was facing. When it was clear I would need to do ivf, she didn’t push the issue and respected my decision on doing the iui first. We discussed a treatment plan and told me to call the office if I ever had any questions or worries
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
To discuss any concerns you have and to be honest so you can get the right treatment
She explained everything thoroughly about the iui and called me at home the following day (after the procedure) to see how I was doing and if I had any questions or concerns
I used femara to try to produce more eggs and gonal f to improve my egg quality
They answered my questions and addressed any concerns I had. In addition they made a point to make sure I was comfortable and understood my treatment.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Their strengths is definitely their staff. From check in to check out everyone was always warm, caring, and friendly. They were always willing to answer questions and never was short with me or acted like I wear irritating them with any of my questions. A weakness is sometimes they are so busy that I’ve gotten in way past my appointment time
$45 for seeing the dr. My insurance got billed for procedures

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
[Dr. Thakur is] Very passionate about what she does. We felt comfortable and for the first time like we had a plan. We anticipated she would oversee us while nurses helped with day-to-day, and that’s what it’s been...We’ve just started, .5 of letrozole with a trigger shot for IUI-but my follicles we’re not growing on my CD12 scan (under 8 mm), so we cancelled. I also had my tube cleared via HSG...She was down to earth, logical, and to the point-but also funny and tender. She gave us the facts but also her own hope and what she can do with our situation.
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be prepared for a lot of information, take a notebook-but don’t stress out. She’ll handle the stressful part for you.
They know who I am when I walk in. Always talking through what we’re going to do-incredibly compassionate and understanding. They even have a therapist on staff and a monthly support group.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It’s the only one here, but it is very good. I like the attention to detail, to mental health, and compassionate attitude in every step of the process. I love the LGBTQ community they serve, it’s evident they are judgement free.
Right now, we’ve spent $1200 leading up to IUI (all the prep work)
Grand Rapids

We first used timed intercourse [with Dr. Thakur] because we didn’t know what my issue was. I had unexplained bleeding so I was on progesterone the day after I ovulated. Come to find out my tubes were bad so now we are going to try IVF...Strengths-direct and attentive, I wasn’t unhappy in anyway with her. I have IVf treatments coming up and I feel like she was able to give me a lot of information. If there was one downside I don’t see her every appointment but I wouldn’t expect too
Really nice. Very attentive
We first used timed intercourse because we didn’t know what my issue was. I had unexplained bleeding so I was on progesterone the day after I ovulated. Come to find out my tubes were bad so now we are going to try IVF
Very nice! Very attentive and personable
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Strengths is once you get into the clinic as a patient I feel like they were very quick to start a plan and get going. However it took a while for my first appointment. I would tell anyone that was thinking about doing fertility treatments to call sooner rather than later!
My insurance covered a lot of of my costs but now I’m going to do IVF

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
[Dr. Mili Thakur] is very kind and compassionate. She is also very intelligent and knowledgeable about genetics. She took her time explaini ng the process to us. She made us feel welcome as it can be embarrassing to seek fertility help.I felt like we were in good hands with her...First cycle I used clomid and only one follicle matured. This cycle I am using clomid and follistim with a planned iui...took time to explain the process to my husband. As a nurse I understood but he did not so it was nice that she took time to explain the steps we would be taking.
How was your experience with Mili Thakur at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Mili Thakur is very kind and compassionate. She is also very intelligent and knowledgeable about genetics. She took her time explaini ng the process to us. She made us feel welcome as it can be embarrassing to seek fertility help.I felt like we were in good hands with her.
Dont be afraid to ask questions.
She was very kind and took time to explain the process to my husband. As a nurse I understood but he did not so it was nice that she took time to explain the steps we would be taking.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Amy is fantastic! She answers all my questions, usually several times, without making me feel foolish. She asks what I want to do regarding my plan of care.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Amanda is wonderful. Always so kind. One issue can be parking depending on the time of your appointment. The center is in a shared building with other customers so it can get tight. It is always very clean in the waiting room. I would suggest larger BP cuffs or having nurses put cuff on forearm if not available. Otherwise cuff is too small and readings are not accurate.