5.8

Milton McNichol works at

1000 North Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751

2019 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. McNichol is a very kind man and has a compassionate bedside manner. He takes the time to explain things to you and explain the science behind different options. He also gives his honest opinion. I did feel like he was always receptive to how I wanted to lead my treatment, however, I did have to take the lead a lot. It was very easy to get lost there and keep doing cycle after cycle of the same thing with no change unless I made it a point to have a consult...
It is frustrating to be a patient there [at Fertility Center of Orlando]...The nursing staff and the front office staff are a mess for the most part. Lost appointments, always running incredibly late, mixing up results, not sending results, not responding to messages or calls...Everyone was very nice, but not everyone is competent...they were not able to get my draw even in 2-3 attempts...I had near mix-ups with my labs when I was asked to give a urine sample and when I looked at the cup, it was someone else's name entirely...
How was your experience with Milton McNichol at Fertility Center of Orlando?
I truly like Dr. McNichol as a doctor. I think the quality of care I receive suffered because he was the only doctor and didn't change my treatment or really weigh in on what we should do next unless I made an appointment and pushed for that to happen. It was never his idea to try something else. It was always mine. He's very nice and intelligent. Great bedside manner. I do trust him. It just wasn't the quality of care I needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Milton McNichol at Fertility Center of Orlando?
If you are choosing this doctor, be prepared to self-advocate HARD.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Milton McNichol at Fertility Center of Orlando?
Describe the protocols Milton McNichol used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Orlando and their degree of success.
I started out with letrozole cycles. I did six of them with timed intercourse and ultrasound monitoring. One resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The others were unsuccessful. We moved to IUI and did four of those. Two were letrozole only with ultrasound monitoring. Two were letrozole and gonal f. Some were with a trigger shot and some were not. I did not conceive on any of those cycles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Center of Orlando.
Everyone was very nice, but not everyone is competent. For a long time there seemed to be a ton of students drawing blood and they were not able to get my draw even in 2-3 attempts. I had to ask for a more experienced nurse. I had near mix-ups with my labs when I was asked to give a urine sample and when I looked at the cup, it was someone else's name entirely. Some of the nurses are not great with technique when it comes to transvaginal ultrasounds and have left the wand inside me or done things that were uncomfortable.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Orlando.
The way this clinic runs is honestly the biggest problem that it has. The doctor is wonderful, personable, and kind. As a larger bodied patient, he gave me a chance when few others would. I will always appreciate that so much. The nursing staff and the front office staff are a mess for the most part. Lost appointments, always running incredibly late, mixing up results, not sending results, not responding to messages or calls. It is frustrating to be a patient there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Milton McNichol at Fertility Center of Orlando.
I paid for most things under my insurance when I was there. However, as a monitoring patient, utlrasounds are about $300-325 each. You can get a package of 3-5 for $850. IVF cost about $11,025 per cycle before meds and any add on like genetic testing.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of Orlando?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of Orlando.
In addition to labs being mixed up, tests not being documented, appointments being cancelled...I eventually moved to another clinic and this clinic offered to work with me for local monitoring. They have a relationship with that clinic established. Since I have been working with them on this level, they have failed to call my current clinic with results multiple times. They refuse to bill my insurance because they are not my primary fertility clinic, even though they are contracted with my insurance and can do so. They have failed to document procedures they have done and been paid for and tell my clinic (or anyone) the results.
Milton McNichol
Maitland/Orlando

I had to meet with Dr. McNichol multiple times. Didn’t seem like he remembered any of our interactions. He kept looking at the chart to see what our previous results were. That made me feel like a number...The first visit he was very descriptive of the work up process and what could potentially be keeping us from getting pregnant...he told us my husband has a low sperm count the next thing he said was we can do IVF. I had to prompt further work up for my husband.
Joanne, who works at the front desk [at Fertility Center of Orlando] is great. She knew who I was each time I came in. Even if I called and only said my first name she knew my last without being prompted and anticipated why I was calling...It takes time to be notified of test results. My husband and I were both referred to outside clinics. Both times they did not send over our records.
How was your experience with Milton McNichol at Fertility Center of Orlando?
Dr. McNichol is very nice and seems to care. The first visit he was very descriptive of the work up process and what could potentially be keeping us from getting pregnant. The only thing I didn’t like was that after he told us my husband has a low sperm count the next thing he said was we can do IVF. I had to prompt further work up for my husband.
Don’t expect the office to submit medical records to offices they’ve referred you to. You must double check multiple times to make sure it’s done.
I had to meet with Dr. McNichol multiple times. Didn’t seem like he remembered any of our interactions. He kept looking at the chart to see what our previous results were. That made me feel like a number. Joanne, who works at the front desk is great. She knew who I was each time I came in. Even if I called and only said my first name she knew my last without being prompted and anticipated why I was calling. Joanne made me feel like a human.
No treatment done.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Center of Orlando.
They all seem nice. Only concerning thing was once I went to speak with the doctor to discuss test results. I was called back and brought to an exam room because the staff wanted to do an ultrasound on me. My work up was complete and I knew I didn’t need one. I could see how a different patient could have gotten confused and sat down to do one.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Orlando.
It’s hard to get test results. After my husband provided a second sample, we had to call multiple times to get the results. We didn’t start calling until after the time frame we were told to expect results.
Copay each visit.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of Orlando?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of Orlando.
It takes time to be notified of test results. My husband and I were both referred to outside clinics. Both times they did not send over our records. I brought test results with me just in case and good thing I did. For my husband, I called the morning of his appointment to see if they had sent the the information over yet and they hadn’t. I had to ask them to send over as a referral was made and they needed the information to see him.
Milton McNichol