Medical SchoolNorthwestern
ResidencyWash U. St. Louis
FellowshipAlbert Einstein
17300 North Outer Forty
Chesterfield, MO 63005
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mira Aubuchon to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend MCRM to a friend?
She [Dr. Aubuchon] did a great job of listening to my history and my concerns. She gave me her undivided attention and was very warm and personable.... She has been very open and thorough in discussing different treatments and potential challenges. She responds very quickly when I have tried to reach out. She has great attention to detail and very warm bedside manner while still being very efficient.... Don't hesitate to ask questions! She's very good about explaining things.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
I have only just began seeing her and havent started IVF yet, but so far she has been great! She has been very open and thorough in discussing different treatments and potential challenges. She responds very quickly when I have tried to reach out. She has great attention to detail and very warm bedside manner while still being very efficient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Don't hesitate to ask questions! She's very good about explaining things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She did a great job of listening to my history and my concerns. She gave me her undivided attention and was very warm and personable.
Describe the protocols Mira Aubuchon used in your cycles at MCRM and their degree of success.
We only have started the testing that needs done before IVF. We are still trying to gather funds to begin with IVF.
I've had limited encounters with the nurses. But it has been mostly positive or neutral. They are friendly, but sometimes lacking in communicating with patients, as I've experienced.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
I liked that all procedures are done in the same clinic and you don't have to go multiple places for labs or other services. I also liked that the doctor was involved in even the more "routine" visits. I liked the location and the environment of the clinic. I also really liked that they ran on time!! I didnt like that there seemed to be a breakdown in communication regarding the financial and insurance areas of the clinic. They failed to mention that some services they were performing would not be covered by insurance. I ended up with an unexpected bill (over $1000) afterward! That was my major concern with the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
I have been quoted a price of around $34,000 for two egg banking cycles and 1 transfer with PGD.
Describe Mira Aubuchon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at MCRM.
This has not yet come up for us.
Chesterfield
Dr. Aubuchon is very thorough when she explains treatment options, expectations, and risks. She doesn't leave anything out. She walked us through every step of our IUI, and when we were confused about what medications to take and when, she was very patient and explained in detail what we needed to do and why.... We don't live close to the clinic so after having some testing completed and needing to speak with her, she set up a time to contact us at home for an over the phone "appointment".
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon is very thorough when she explains treatment options, expectations, and risks. She doesn't leave anything out. She walked us through every step of our IUI, and when we were confused about what medications to take and when, she was very patient and explained in detail what we needed to do and why. She is very passionate about what she does, and she cares about her patients. We don't live close to the clinic so after having some testing completed and needing to speak with her, she set up a time to contact us at home for an over the phone "appointment". She is absolutely wonderful and I would recommend her to any family member or best friend.
Be patient, the clinic is very busy, but it is so worth it!
Dr. Aubuchon was so patient and kind. She was our second doctor after my Endometriosis diagnosis and several surgeries. We were nervous and scared, but she eased all of that right away.
I don't remember a lot about our IUI cycle. It was kind of a whirlwind experience because it all happened to fast but I did a cycle of injectable medication along with Femera (I think) and a trigger shot. My IUI was very painful because of my Endometriosis and resulted in a negative pregnancy. Which is why we would like to move on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM.
Every nurse in this clinic is wonderful! They are completely invested (emotionally) in your journey. I specifically remember how heartbroken our nurse was when she had to call us to explain that our IUI results were negative.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
This clinic is a team. They work like a team, behave like a team, and communicate so well with each other. They have a large client base, which is the only weakness, but they are worth the wait. We have waited longer than expected in the waiting room because they have ran behind, but I've seen first hand the care they take with their patients, and how their attention to patients can be a bit of a set back (time wise).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
The costs were as expected. No higher or lower than other places. However, they do have discount programs that can be applied for.
Chesterfield
She [Dr. Mira Aubuchon] took the time to explain things to us and relate them to our situation... She goes over the facts. She is very straight forward. I feel like she gave us all the information we needed. I would have liked paper copies of all the test results. I assume if I asked, she would provide them. We decided on our own to pursue IVF instead of IUI.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Ask all the questions that you have. She does a great job of answering questions and telling you facts. But she doesnt anticipate additional questions or give extra information
She took the time to explain things to us and relate them to our situation.
We are currently going through IVF. We will be starting the medication soon. We first did sperm analysis testing and blood work. We did an hsg and more blood work and tried my husband on clomid. She was good about seeing if there were any alternatives.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Farley)
I have only spoke with Jen through e-mail so far. She is very 'to the point' and short in her answers. She is not rude or mean, just very quick with reply length. She has been great to answer questions.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is one of the best/the best in the area. They are good with letting you know what all they offer. Pricing is not as clear cut as I wish. I have to work with their finance dept a LOT.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
I am still in the process of working out costs. Dena in the financial office is who I am working with.
Chesterfield
Dr. Aubuchon was gentle in delivering information and when speaking with us. We would have liked a deeper explanation of things such as multiple rates, risk, and research. My husband and I also understand not every patient wants that, so the physician is not always well prepared to answer these questions. When there were times that things did not go as planned, or there were difficulties, Dr. Aubuchon did well about listening to us and our decisions.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
As always, advocate for yourself. Do not feel bad about asking several questions.
Dr. Aubuchon treated us with dignity & respect. We felt as if she cared about our pregnancy and baby versus her stats.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM.
Our coordinator was enthusiastic, positive, and yet empathetic and compassionate. There were a few miscommunications along the way, as there would be anywhere. However, they were always able to be fixed in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic presents in a professional way with a comfortable atmosphere. Having a list of questions prepared prior to the visit was helpful so that Dr. Aubuchon knew what to cover and where we were at in regards to our treatment expectations.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
$500/IUI, $200/Ultrasound, around $350 for comprehensive SA.
2014 - 2017
She [Dr. Mira Aubuchon] has done a good job telling us what to expect with our situation while being realistic even if it means we may not have a good result. She is very positive during visits and makes you feel like your questions are important... she is really good and letting you drive what happens with your treatment and doesn't push you into anything...Having low ovarian reserve, we are in the middle of embryo banking where we will go through 4 cycles of retrievals and one transfer. We are using nanobead sperm selection and genetic testing on the embryos before any potential transfer.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She has done a good job telling us what to expect with our situation while being realistic even if it means we may not have a good result. She is very positive during visits and makes you feel like your questions are important.
If you don't want to make the decision for yourself on your treatment, then you may want a doctor that doesn't care about your thoughts as she is really good and letting you drive what happens with your treatment and doesn't push you into anything.
She lets you decide the path you want to take and listens to your concerns. She explains your situation and what she expects the outcome to be the best she can and doesn't push you in a certain direction.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Van Winkle)
Very nice and compassionate. Sometimes it seems like you get rushed responses to email and they don't always address all your concerns.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
We leave 2 hours away and we are not considered "out of town" patients. So we have our monitoring done closer to home but still have to pay for it in our package.
We haven't covered that in detail yet but she would do no more than 2
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr aubuchon is very thorough and compassionate. She is very knowledgeable and explains things in a way that I can understand. She truly wants her patients to be a success. She has worked with my obgyn to make sure everything is addressed and taken care of... we came up with this treatment plan due to my husband's male factor issues and my tubal blockage...She has answered every question that I asked in a detailed answer that I could understand.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
That they will love her
She has answered every question that I asked in a detailed answer that I could understand. She also worked with my obgyn doc to discuss previous history and tests results.
I am going thru ivf in June so I don't have much to offer yet. But we came up with this treatment plan due to my husband's male factor issues and my tubal blockage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer farley)
My ivf nurse/coordinator is always available when I need her and answers any question whatso ever that i may have for her.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
This clinic is awesome. Has the latest technology. Great staff who go above and beyond for you. They will work very hard for u to make things happen to get u the results u want.
Chesterfield
She was very knowledgeable, but seemed like she was not interested in discussing any other options with me. When I questioned something, or tried to explain my concerns, I felt like my concerns were not understood or validated.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Be prepared to not have a lot of say in your plan.
During diagnosis, I felt like my feelings and fears were not validated, but rather were brushed aside in order to keep going through process.
I was going through the diagnostic phase for PCOS. I came to the clinic with a very clear idea that this was my problem, but wanted confirmation. I met for an initial consultation, and then scheduled for ultrasounds. I was then told that were would immediately be starting cycles for IUI, although I was initially wanting to try a less invasive, as this was our first time.
2013 - 2014
PCOS, Unexplained
She just kept send us through the same clomid cycle and iui never mentioned trying any other drugs. It was either try iui with clomid or IVF. She didn't ever recommend sending my husband for test[ing] until we had already failed a couple times.
2013 - 2014
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
We felt like if she had explain all our option and what was best we would have a baby. She just kept send us through the same clomid cycle and iui never mentioned trying any other drugs. It was either try iui with clomid or IVF. She didn't ever recommend sending my husband for test until we had already failed a couple times.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mira Aubuchon at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Don't go
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mira Aubuchon at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
The doctor always seemed rushed and we never felt like we got full and complete answers
Describe the protocols Mira Aubuchon used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
She started me at a low does of clomid and I would track my cycle and then come in for an iui and after each failure I would get my clomid bumped up.
The nurses were very helpful and caring and we're always willing to answer questions
Describe your experience with Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
The clinic not very good at going over insurance or cost.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
Each cycle was 500. Blood work if done at the hospital were very expensive so I went elsewhere
What specific things went wrong at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility
Columbia
Endometriosis, PCOS
She [Dr. Mira Aubuchon] assured us that they were going to do everything in their power to help us grow our family. We are in the IVF process and are hopeful for a positive outcome. The staff have been great at communicating with us and that helps to calm the nerves...She was very kind and took the time to explain the process to us...Ask questions until you truly understand what's going on.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She assured us that they were going to do everything in their power to help us grow our family. We are in the IVF process and are hopeful for a positive outcome. The staff have been great at communicating with us and that helps to calm the nerves.
Ask questions until you truly understand what's going on.
She was very kind and took the time to explain the process to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Rachel )
She was also very kind and calmed my fears as I cried on the phone.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It's in a good location. Clean. Smells good. It's welcoming.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
Insurance covered the diagnostic testing. We will pay out of pocket going forward.