Fertility and Endocrine Associates

Doctor available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolRuprech-Karls U.
ResidencyS. Illinois U.
FellowshipU. of Louisville
4123 Dutchmans Parkway
Louisville, KY 40207
502-897-2144
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Miriam Krause to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility and Endocrine Associates to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Krause is very caring. She understand my needs and wants, and does not try to push me into anything I’m not comfortable with. She listens to me.... I feel like she is really rooting for me, and is understanding of my losses and infertility.... I was referred to Dr. Krause after my 2nd missed miscarriage in a row. She ran additional repeat loss labs that me OB didn’t.... Dr. Krause has given us the option of ivf with pgs, donor eggs, or donor embryos, but we have no infertility coverage so she is willing to let us go as little or as much as we want.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Miriam Krause at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
She is not pushy, she lets me make an informed decision. She calls to check on me, and was very caring during my miscarriage. I feel like she is really rooting for me, and is understanding of my losses and infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Miriam Krause at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Chose her. She is caring and compassionate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Miriam Krause at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Dr. Krause is very caring. She understand my needs and wants, and does not try to push me into anything I’m not comfortable with. She listens to me. The hospital staff who worked with her during my hysteroscopy were very impressed with her bedside manors.
Describe the protocols Miriam Krause used in your cycles at Fertility and Endocrine Associates and their degree of success.
I was referred to Dr. Krause after my 2nd missed miscarriage in a row. She ran additional repeat loss labs that me OB didn’t. She performed a saline US. She had me take birth control pills prior to my hysteroscopy to help thin my lining. She performed my hysterectomy, I wore a foley catch in my uterus for 5 days, and took estrogen for weeks after my surgery. I took probers to get my cycle back. I had another Saline US and we were cleared to TTC. I had an annovulatory cycle followed by a very long cycle, so we did 50mg clomid, Trigger shot and timed intercourse, that cycle didn’t work so I tried 100mg clomid, Trigger shot of pregnyl and timed intercouse, that cycle was negative do I had an hsg then I took a 4 month break from the RE, after the break she called to check on me, and we decided my husband needed a Sperm analysis. It was fine. We did 100mg of clomid, Trigger shot and timed intercourse and got a BFP. She check 2 betas, and an US at 6w4d, baby did not have a heartbeat. She rechecked US 1 week later baby still did not have a heartbeat. I stopped my progesterone, and she gave me a prescription for cytotec and pain meds to induce the mc if I desired. I miscarried at home naturally and she wrote orders to have to baby genetically tested. Baby had an extra chromosome. We took 5 months off from medicated cycles continued to try on our own. I did 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and timed intercourse, and I am now on my first Femara cycle with a trigger and timed intercourse. Dr. Krause has given us the option of ivf with pgs, donor eggs, or donor embryos, but we have no infertility coverage so she is willing to let us go as little or as much as we want.
Everyone I’ve come in contact with has been very nice and caring.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
The clinic is very flexible with appointments. They are a one stop shop, there is a lab and an embryologist in the office, they have US machines. The clinic does not allow children, so they are understanding of the possible triggers women with infertility and loss go through.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Miriam Krause at Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
Clomid $30, Trigger shot $90, insurance covered US and visits bc of how the coded them. I had to pay my deductabile and 10% after for my hysteroscopy. My HSG was covered bc I had met my deductible. The sperm Analysis was $150.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
From the very first appointment that I had with Dr. Krause she made eye contact, sat beside me not in front me, and made an entire written care plan that went from best case scenario to worst case scenario. We immediately started with blood work and she started working on my diagnosis and just like that the care plan was implemented.... When after several months of treatments, positive follicle growth, and positive ovulation, she decided to become more invasive with finding out the reason as to why I had not been conceiving.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
From the very first appointment that I had with Dr. Krause she made eye contact, sat beside me not in front me, and made an entire written care plan that went from best case scenario to worst case scenario. We immediately started with blood work and she started working on my diagnosis and just like that the care plan was implemented. I have always felt very comfortable telling her the good, bad, and ugly of my emotions, side effects, and both me and my husband's feelings about where we were in the care plan. During the almost two years I've been with Dr. Krause, we have had ups and downs including delays, accidentally dropped very expensive medication, surgery, extremely uncomfortable procedures but all in all I feel most comfortable with her.
This is a funny question because unfortunately I know many women who have difficulties conceiving and I highly recommend Dr. Krauss every time. I explained that I've been to other doctors, and she is the only one that makes me feel relaxed, comfortable and has fought so hard for a diagnosis for me. She's really the whole package! My advice is always for them to find somebody that you're comfortable with, at least have a consultation and you'll know then.
She is always polite. She explains herself during treatments and while discussing the plan of care. She has never made me feel uncomfortable.
Since I had already started fertility medications with another physician that did not turned out to be successful, Dr. Krause immediately explained her rationale for a different medication and planof attack. I was convinced so we started on femara. She explained that it was not FDA-approved for the route that we were going to be taking, but in her experience had seen a lot of success. She explained that she understood if we were uncomfortable moving forward since it was not FDA-approved. I truly believe she would have altered the plan of care she was not trying to persuade me out of my comfort zone at all. She also ensured she would check for ovulation with ultrasound technique versus blood work which was what I had previously been doing. When after several months of treatments, positive follicle growth, and positive ovulation, she decided to become more invasive with finding out the reason as to why I had not been conceiving. This is when she order the hsg test to check for blocked tubes. In discovering that my right tube was completely blocked we scheduled surgery. The surgery was successful and that my tube is now open, we (myself, her, and my husband) decided that we would try timed intercourse 2 months on our own before we would move to IUI. After two failed rounds of IUI my husband and I decided to take a break. Dr. Krause explained that she thinks that we are good candidates for IVF and during this break we are saving money so we can hopefully afford IVF one day.
The majority of the time I saw Ray when I was at the office. She was awesome!!! we talked about everything! Her recent marriage, her nieces, my nephews, my dogs. Also, Mandy at the front desk always complimented me on my rings or nail polish or hair. Very sweet! Karen has also been very nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
They do have a rule of no children at the office to be sensitive to waiting patients. Also no scented perfume or lotion which I was originally a little bit weird but when it came time to drop off our specimen I didn't want anything to interfere with it! So I understand.
All of the costs for specimen cleaning and IUI were relatively appropriate. I was never sucker punched into expensive cost. I remember sitting down with the Financial Coordinator for IVF and walking away kind of surprised that there were so many Financial options and that it was a little cheaper than I thought it was going to be.
Describe Miriam Krause's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
Dr. Krause said that she is not comfortable doing more than a 2 Embryo transfer for IVF due to complications that might arise. At first I was a little disappointed because of my age (32) and I have been wanting a baby for many years so I wanted as many babies as I possibly could, as fast as I could. But I understand her success rate is higher with these numbers which means my success rate would be higher if I take her advice and only transfer one or two embryos at a time. When talking with her about all of the options she is very knowledgeable about the latest methods and her comfort level which is refreshing.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Krause let me go at my speed and made sure I was the one making the decisions after she shared the information and provided every little detail I would need... Dr Krause walked us through each procedure and made sure we understood even if we weren’t asking questions. After our loss, she was honestly more emotional than me which allowed me to feel my heartache instead of being tough for the sake of procedures.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS
After trying to conceive for a year under the guidance of my OB-GYN and knowing there were some irregularities and obstacles, my husband and I took the leap and scheduled an appointment with Fertility and Endocrine Associates. I had a friend that had seen Dr. Homm and had success with their three boys! I remember calling and asking for an appointment with Dr. Homm and I was told his schedule was super packed and it would be quite a while until there was an opening. It turned out that there was a newer doctor who had recently joined the office and her schedule was not quite as full (yet!) and could see us much sooner. I decided, we wanted to get started as soon as possible and Dr. Krause turned out to be unbelievably amazing!!!!! Dr Krause walked us through each procedure and made sure we understood even if we weren’t asking questions. After our loss, she was honestly more emotional than me which allowed me to feel my heartache instead of being tough for the sake of procedures.
Listen. Listen to her ideas and weigh the options. She will always let you decide but she has so much information and insight to share.
We spent a year doing ovulation medication and trigger shots because we were trying everything possible before IVF became our answer. Dr. Krause let me go at my speed and made sure I was the one making the decisions after she shared the information and provided every little detail I would need. After our attempts produced a pregnancy that ended up failing, we kept trying. It was evident that IVF was our next step but again, Dr. Krause let me and my husband make that decision. We were scared of the price of IVF and there was no guarantee it would work the first time. Dr. Krause was very confident that if we tried IVF, it would be a success. She was confident so we were too.
We chose to use ovulation medication before we considered IVF. I used letrazol/femera for 6 rounds (months) before IVF was our solution. The ovulation medication was the financially safe way to try controlling some variables.
The nursing staff was always friendly and welcoming. They were available for questions almost all the time. It was nice to see the same familiar faces every time. Consistency was important.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
My only complaint is how far away from home the clinic was, but it was definitely worth the traffic and drive. The office staff was super helpful in scheduling my appointments around work and traffic. Staff was consistent, the same friendly people. Billing questions were answered with returned calls in a timely way.
Louisville Repeodictive was $10,000 Medication was around $3000 And Fertility&Endocrine was $7,000
Dr Krause gave us lots of information on single vs multiple embryo transfers. The embryo I used had a 50 percent chance of working and using another would raise our percent of success to 55 but could also lead to twins. My husband was not a fan of the idea of twins and Dr Krause was sure to be honest about the risks.
Louisville
She [Dr. Krause] was always very welcoming in the office and on the phone. I never felt rushed she always took the time to answer all our questions. Very sweet person!...On our first visit she discussed our treatment options. She suggested we start with IUI because my lab results was great and nothing indicated differently at this time. The issue we have is my husband has a spinal cord injury and has a low sperm count. We tried IUI without medications and then IUI with medication and still no success at this time.
The first time we met Dr. Krause I felt that she Was very patient with us. We did not feel rushed and she answered all of our questions. Although we have only completed 3 IUI due to my husbands inability to provide a sample each time due to a spinal cord injury we have waned to try severe more times. Dr. Krause and her office staff was always so understanding when we would call can cancel 30 minuets before our appointment because of this issue and never made us feel like it was our fault even though it was. She would always call and let me know that she was there if we needed anything and that we could change our course of action at any time. Dr. Krause is awesome and I would recommend any of my friends or family to her.
You will love her. She is very personable and she does not act like she knows more than you. You would not know she is a doctor because she talks to you like a friend would and is very passionate about her profession and patients.
She was always very welcoming in the office and on the phone. I never felt rushed she always took the time to answer all our questions. Very sweet person!
Everyone I have encountered at Dr. Krause office have always been very friendly and nice.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
Being able to get an appointment when needed and them getting back with you in a timely manner about results or after a voicemail. They have been patient with me on paying my bill because my insurance now does not cover any infertility treatment. The clinic is nice and clean and recently updated.
The cost for iui is expensive and I was able to pay on a month to month basis
2014 - 2017
She is intelligent, gifted at her profession, compassionate, and patient. Dr. Krause never talked down to me, was never rushed, and provided wonderful care. I looked forward to my visits because she was always able to calm me while providing me with correct information and realistic expectations...Dr. Krause got to know me by taking the time to listen and show genuine concern for me as a person. She noticed when my mood changed and spent the time to be there to help. She has cried tears of joy with me when I finally got pregnant and hugged me when the results were negative.
2014 - 2017
She is intelligent, gifted at her profession, compassionate, and patient. Dr. Krause never talked down to me, was never rushed, and provided wonderful care. I looked forward to my visits because she was always able to calm me while providing me with correct information and realistic expectations. I knew she was great, but after talking to other infertile couples, I learned that not all REs were nearly as wonderful.
Be yourself and ask any question. But really don't they need my advice, she will take care of them.
Dr. Krause got to know me by taking the time to listen and show genuine concern for me as a person. She noticed when my mood changed and spent the time to be there to help. She has cried tears of joy with me when I finally got pregnant and hugged me when the results were negative. She remained in contact with me and my OB throughout my pregnancy because she truly cares about her patients.
It is hard to remember all of this. I used Letrozole with an HCG IM trigger shot each of my IUIs and progesterone suppositories to follow. My follicle growth was on track with each. I did a single IVF retrieval and while there was a time I could tell you ever med, it is all a fog now. I did not transfer fresh due to a blood test that sugggested my uterus was not in time with the embryos. I later transferred a single embryo after BC pill suppression, Estrodial, Estrogel, progesterone suppositories and IM. I had a successful pregnancy. Most recent FET was a noncarriage (negative pregnancy test). Will increase estrogen on next cycle to address uterine lining being slightly thinner than preferred.
Overall, very happy which is saying a lot since I wasn't always in the best mood. They worked to get to know me and helped keep me positive.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
I like them a lot. All the staff have been positive and supportive. I am on a first name basis with almost everyone there. I can feel how much they care.
I think within average. They billed insurance as much as possible. Even though my insurance won't cover infertility they did cover a few services.
Due to my medical condition eSET is the only option. Dr. Krause would not allow anything else as it would put me and children at very high risk.
Louisville
One thing that I greatly enjoyed about the care given to me by Dr.Krause was her explanation of what I was seeing during the ultrasound. Sure, a patient just sees a grainy image but she pointed out every little thing and if I had a question she was quick to answer and explained it in a way that I could easily understand. It is often that patients get textbook responses to questions and they walk away confused with more questions than they possibly had going in to see their physician. I left the office with little to no questions and I knew exactly what the next steps would be and I also had a good idea of what those steps would entail financially.
European, Other
Don't be afraid to ask any questions. She thoroughly explains everything if you ask and she will explain it in a way that is easy for you to understand. It is better to be more informed. Something you might feel is a stupid question or something about your medical history that you might consider irrelevant can actually be mind opening!
I was referred to Fertility & Endocrine Associates by my OBGYN in 2015. I first met with Dr.Kit Devine for a consultation. The facility and staff were very kind and accommodating. In the absence of Dr.Kit Devine I was seen by Dr.Miriam Krausse. Dr. Krausse took the time to review my history in the absence of Dr.Kit Devine and provided me with excellent service. She not only performed the ultrasounds to check for ovulation after rounds of medication, she took the time to explain everything as she did it. Sometimes it can be difficult to understand things a doctor is telling you, particularly in high stress and emotional situations such as infertility. She offered me reassurance and guidance towards the next steps on our infertility journey. I had some concerns that my primary physician Dr.Kit Devine was absent but Dr.Krausse quickly eased my concerns. I left that day feeling hopeful and determined.
Initially I saw Dr. Kit Devine and towards the end I was seen by Dr. Miriam Krause. Dr. Kit Devine initially did some bloodwork and ultrasounds and a thorough medical review. I had all of my records sent to them from my OBGYN, Dr. Jacqueline Riely of OBGYN and Associates and from my endocrinologist, Dr. Lohano at Joslin Diabetes Center. We reviewed my condition together, prolactinoma which included blood work, MRIs and more. She developed a plan to start me on Chlomid along with my current dosage of Bromocryptine (this medication prescribed by my endocrinologist works to lower my prolactin level. Normal range is in the teens and my level initially was 385). We tried a couple rounds of this medication along with some other medications which I believe were called Letrozol and femara. I can't recall dosages and instructions for the medications. After attempting two cycles of medication with no signs of ovulation on the pelvic ultrasound they decided to increase the dosage of medication. After my third pelvic ultrasound the findings were the same and there was still no signs of ovulation. It was concluded by Dr. Miriam Krause that the medication was not strong enough to induce ovulation and that I would have the most success moving on to injectables with IUI or IVF.
The nursing staff I saw primarily took my weight, blood pressure and some blood work. They were very friendly and clearly explained what they were doing and why. If they reviewed any medical history with me they were sure to note everything I told them. They were very thorough in collecting the needed information.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
This was the first time I had ever visited a fertility clinic and the first impression for me was HUGE. The facility was small and homely and the environment was friendly and pleasant. My first visit was a consultation and the room felt comfortable and the doctor sat right beside me. It was almost like I was visiting a friend. These visits are difficult. Its not quite like going to see a doctor for a stomach bug, it is far more personal than that. You share intimate details about your life, your partner, your goals and your future. They are sensitive to that and treat you like a human being with real concerns, real emotions and real goals. You are not a number to be forgotten.
The pelvic ultrasounds were around $200 and I believe I had 3. My office visits were $22 and I believe I might have been seen around 4 or more times. The only other costs I incurred would have possibly been my consultation fee and my medication although my medication cost would have been from a local pharmacy and not their practice.
After a third unsuccessful attempt with medications I was information for IUI and IVF. I thoroughly reviewed the information given to me and I clearly understood the process. For the medications I was also given a list of a variety of pharmacies so that I could compare costs. I liked that in the explanation of embryo transfer they mentioned that sometimes they have to make the tough call to cancel a cycle if it doesn't appear to be working. They said unfortunately sometimes fertilization and implementation does not occur and they will cancel a cycle and hold a thorough review of that cycle. They review the cycles success and how it progressed so that modifications can be made to the next cycle if need be. It was even mentioned that IVF technology does change and that could even result in changes to a patients treatment.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Krause is very kind, but doesn't sugarcoat results or treatment plans. She has also never tried to push procedures on us, or put us through unnecessary treatments. This fits our personalities perfectly. We want someone who cares, but is upfront about our chances. She makes sure we leave with the knowledge we need to make decisions correctly for us....She always calls me personally with test results and answers to my questions
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She is compassionate and kind, but presents the facts based on the on the medical information. If you are looking for someone who will always tell you what you want to hear, she is not the doctor for you. She will do what is best for you and recommend treatment options based on your medical history, not pricey procedures.
Dr. Krause always spends the amount of time we need for questions, even if the office is busy. She always calls me personally with test results and answers to my questions. She makes us feel at ease, and is always honest about the possible outcomes, which we appreciate very much.
I had already been under the care of endocrinologists before I saw her, so she had a lot of my medical history before she even saw me. She did some initial bloodwork, and made some changes to my medications based on the results. Because of my medical history, she really wanted to get a look inside to see what was going on. After laproscopic surgery, she gave us treatment options based on what she saw. We could go with IVF, which would give us the highest chance of pregnancy but is costly. Or we could do a few rounds of iui first, which is less expensive and gives us less of a chance of pregnancy. Again, she presented these options on a neutral basis, which left us to make a decision best for us. We chose to do 3 iui cycles, and then re-evaluate. In addition to iui, she also put me on letrozole and hcg trigger shot. The first iui went fine, but I started my period too soon for an unknown reason. The second iui went well, but Dr. Krause added progesterone to prevent premature bleeding. This worked, and we currently have an active pregnancy. It is still early, but she says everything looks great. We are hopeful.
The nursing staff is small, so we always see the same nurses. They are very thorough and have great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
The office staff is very kind and helpful. They always work super hard to get me in at convenient times for my schedule, even if it means squeezing me in between procedures. I am always back to see Dr. Krause within 15 - 20 minutes. They are very organized and efficient.
Each iui procedure cost 500, with an additional 125 for semen analysis and prep. My insurance covered office visits and surgical procedures.
Louisville
Dr. Krause always makes my feel very comfortable and does an amazing job of explaing all our options and what next steps are needed. We unexpectedly conceived naturally between treatments but lost the baby at 8 weeks, she was very supportive and helpful through that very difficult time.... Dr. Krause has been amazing through this difficult journey. We are still in the fertility process and would highly recommend her to anyone. She always explains every step of all treatments and answers any questions or concerns we have. She was a great support through our unfortunate miscarriage and helped us decide when to start trying again.
Trust her and try to enjoy the process as much as possible.
Our plan was/is to try insemination a few times and if that isn’t successful move to IVF. My husband’s semen analysis have all had issues so those are our best options.
Helpfully, friendly, supportive, great team of nurses.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Krause was always at the appointment and throughly explained everything. We could call her anytime day or night if there was a question...Dr. Krause and her staff are Very caring people. The first transfer was a fresh transfer the second was frozen I go for my beta tomorrow, but thus far at home I've gotten a positive pregnancy test since 4dp5dt...
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Prepare yourself it is not a quick process. We started this process in March we are now in October and still going through it. It takes time and patience
The nursing staff were always wonderful and patient no matter what the question or concern was.