UCSF

Medical SchoolSt. Louis U.
ResidencyU. of Texas
FellowshipUCSF
499 Illinois Street
San Francisco, CA 94158
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mitch Rosen to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 12Neutral: 2Don't recommend: 19.1
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UCSF to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 47Neutral: 11Don't recommend: 108.6
Dr Rosen and his Team [at UCSF] are bar none the best fertility team you can ever work with. They are very professional. They are with you each and every step of the way Dr Rosen and his staff are very accommodating and they are prompt when returning your phone call as well as they will make you feel comfortable and Dr Rosen and his staff are straight forward they don't waste time and they make sure before you leave they you understand everything step by step. They are great and they take pride of everything they do and make time for each and every patient and the care and will never leave you confused. Dr Rosen and his staff are top notch you will not regret it if you ch
How was your experience with Mitch Rosen?
DR. ROSEN and his TEAM at UCSF REPRODUCTIVE CENTER 499 Illinois st San Francisco ca Dr Rosen and his Team are bar none the best fertility team you can ever work with. They are very professional. They are with you each and every step of the way Dr Rosen and his staff are very accommodating and they are prompt when returning your phone call as well as they will make you feel comfortable and Dr Rosen and his staff are straight forward they don't waste time and they make sure before you leave they you understand everything step by step. They are great and they take pride of everything they do and make time for each and every patient and the care and will never leave you confused. Dr Rosen and his staff are top notch you will not regret it if you chose Dr Rosen I have recommended my friends and family who are doing ivf and looking for a fertility specialist and I recommended Dr Rosen and his Staff and they are pretty excited and happy. And I wouldn't go to anyone else for fertility or recommend anyone but Dr Rosen and his Team. Dr Rosen did my embryo transfer the first time and I'm pregnant....
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mitch Rosen?
Just talk to him and he will listen and he will alway be up front with u about everything
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
He made sure that I understood everything and without any hesitation he agreed to perform surgery to become a mom and it's what I wanted and he made that happen.
Describe the protocols Mitch Rosen used in your cycles and their degree of success.
Progesterone, estradiol, leuprolide
Describe your experience with your nurse.
She communicates with u and support u all the way
Describe your experience with UCSF.
The clinic they are all professional and very accommodating and they pay attention to your needs
$13000
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
I'm not exaggerating when I say there is literally no doctor better or more qualified than Dr. Rosen...It has been quite a long road for me and my husband, with PCOS, low sperm count, multiple IUIs, and a couple IVF cycles - but Dr. Rosen never lost hope and was always so encouraging that we would find the perfect protocol for me. He was so thorough at every appointment, explaining everything in detail, explaining what he was changing and why that would effect the outcome of the cycle.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Mitch Rosen?
I'm not exaggerating when I say there is literally no doctor better or more qualified than Dr. Rosen. From my initial consult with him until the very last pregnancy ultrasound, he has been positive, kind, caring, and confident that I would get pregnant. It has been quite a long road for me and my husband, with PCOS, low sperm count, multiple IUIs, and a couple IVF cycles - but Dr. Rosen never lost hope and was always so encouraging that we would find the perfect protocol for me. He was so thorough at every appointment, explaining everything in detail, explaining what he was changing and why that would effect the outcome of the cycle. Not only is he an extremely intelligent and highly skilled doctor - he's also a genuinely kind and down to earth person, always bringing humor, kindness, and compassion to every appointment. I know that Dr. Rosen has hundreds of patients, but he has a way of making you feel like you are his only patient - the most important one. He remembers my history without looking at a chart, and is all around just a great person and amazing doctor. I literally could not have gotten through the last couple of years without the help of my amazing doctor, Dr. Rosen... He wasn't only concerned about success rates (like other clinics who turned me away), he was worried about me, my well being, and helping make my dreams come true... and he did as I am now almost in my second trimester with my first baby. I can't wait to go back for him for baby #2.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Rosen treated me like he was his only patient - even though I know he has hundreds. He would remember my history without looking at my chart, even remembering specifics of prior treatments etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Liz is an all around amazing nurse and person - she was my angel throughout this process. I'm sure I drove her nuts with questions and emails, but she never showed it. She was extremely responsive, always compassionate and caring, and my biggest cheerleader.
Describe your experience with UCSF.
The new clinic on Illinois street is beautiful - extremely modern, clean, and high tech. You are definitely getting your moneys worth. The clinic staff are all so sweet, I had an all around great experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mitch Rosen.
I was 100% out of pocket, so each IVF was just under $20k... that includes medications, ICSI, embryo freezing, etc.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Rosen has been very involved in our process. At times, it feels like it takes awhile to get a response to questions, but it's because the staff waits for his answer or because he personally calls us to respond...Up front, if you want a doctor who will literally hold your hand throughout the process, this isn't going to happen. If you want a candid and honest approach about your fertility chances and the process, then Dr. Rosen will do this... I think he does get uncomfortable if you cry, so be prepared.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mitch Rosen?
Up front, if you want a doctor who will literally hold your hand throughout the process, this isn't going to happen. If you want a candid and honest approach about your fertility chances and the process, then Dr. Rosen will do this. While I personally understood conversations and meetings, I know my spouse would sometimes be confused or have questions later on. Admittedly, it is probably very different being the one who actually goes through all the procedures versus just having to hear it as the spouse. However, Dr. Rosen took the time to go back and walk through everything and the future steps to make sure we were all on the same page. One frustrating thing, is that Dr. Rosen will not go into a whole of details if something doesn't succeed, as in, will you have to deal with X or Y. He will tell you that oftentimes, or at least in my case, there's too many variables to predict what course of action will be most effective or recommended. There have been a few bumps in the road here and there, but we've managed to work through them. Dr. Rosen does understand that ultimately, as the one going through both the physical and mental anxiety of the process, ultimately, you should do what feels best for you.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mitch Rosen?
Don't expect a touchy-feely type doctor. Be ready for a matter of fact approach and demeanor. I think he does get uncomfortable if you cry, so be prepared. But I do think he does feel for his patients and does try his hardest to get you pregnant.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
It was more of a number feeling when we were going through the IUI's. However, since we had an extremely long process to even get to that stage and given post-surgery complications, Dr. Rosen has been very involved in our process. At times, it feels like it takes awhile to get a response to questions, but it's because the staff waits for his answer or because he personally calls us to respond.
Since I have DOR, we were put onto the estrogen protocol. The first cycle I produced 7 follicles, which was good given my situation. Five eggs were mature and two fertilized but did not make it to blast. The second cycle was a bit random because it came on the heels of a hysteroscopy. I actually produced 11 follicles, but only 2 fertilized among the ones retrieved. He changed the protocol to a clomid flare, which produced the most follicles to date and most eggs retrieved. 15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, and again, only 2 fertilized. It was very devastating. The last four were frozen at day 3. If we do another retrieval, there will be a change to the protocol to try and address the low fertilization rates.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
The hardest thing dealing with UCSF is communicating with the care team and your doctor. It's a busy clinic, so, you have to wait for someone to call you back if you wish to speak to a live person. That being said, I feel that my nurse and Dr. Rosen's assistant does always try and make an attempt to get back to you that day, or at the latest, within a business day. But, I almost always get a respond that day (unless we're at the close of business).
Describe your experience with UCSF.
It is a busy clinic, so IUI's are often performed by a NP, unless you specifically request a doctor perform them. You are also not likely to have your doctor perform all your procedures, if at all. If you want a very personalized experience, you're probably best going to a smaller, private clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mitch Rosen.
You get a discount if you self-pay your IVF cycles. Medicines are separate. If your insurance does not cover certain procedures you must pay OOP.
4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
In my experience Dr. Rosen acted not only as a doctor, but also as a partner fully invested in a successful outcome. In every interaction with him my husband and I had no doubt that he was as committed as we were to a positive outcome and shared in our stumbles and successes along the way. This was clear after changes to the protocol in the 3rd cycle didn't yield the response we were looking for - Dr. Rosen was as upset (or more) than I was... Dr. Rosen explained the options, trade-offs, odds, and gave us the space we needed to decide how to move forward. - He is on top of and driving the latest fertility research; it is clear he applies his wealth of knowledge when carefully considering how to customize the protocol and what is being learned from each cycle.
European, Latino
4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Mitch Rosen?
Dr. Mitchell Rosen is an exceptional fertility expert, in every way: - Dr. Rosen has the rare combination of being scientific, straight-forward, direct and realistic about the fertility treatment process, options, and trade-offs while also being extremely caring and kind. His explanations are thorough and make complexity easy to understand. I experienced this from our very first appointment with Dr. Rosen, when we learned our fertility challenges were due not only to male factor, but also female factor. Dr. Rosen explained the options, trade-offs, odds, and gave us the space we needed to decide how to move forward. - He is on top of and driving the latest fertility research; it is clear he applies his wealth of knowledge when carefully considering how to customize the protocol and what is being learned from each cycle. We did 4 cycles for embryo freezing and fresh embryo transfer: Dr. Rosen customized each cycle considering how my body responded to previous cycles and what was the latest research. Despite my low follicle count (4 at baseline scan as opposed to 20+), his relentless analytical mindset led to a 4th cycle which yielded 15+ day 3 embryos and 6 blastocysts at day 5 (previous cycles had yielded 3, 5, and 3 embryos at day 3). - Fertility treatment can be long and draining. In my experience Dr. Rosen acted not only as a doctor, but also as a partner fully invested in a successful outcome. In every interaction with him my husband and I had no doubt that he was as committed as we were to a positive outcome and shared in our stumbles and successes along the way. This was clear after changes to the protocol in the 3rd cycle didn't yield the response we were looking for - Dr. Rosen was as upset (or more) than I was. He also geeked out with my husband over probability theory to help us decide how many embryos to freeze and was fully empathetic in my first cycle, hugging and telling me it was ok to be "greedy" and want all my few follicles to mature despite the low count and size distribution during the cycle.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
1st cycle: "standard" protocol for patient with diminished ovarian reserve - estrogen during first month followed by injections of Folistim (300), Menopour (150), Ganorelix. Goal: learn how my ovaries would react to the treatment, with expectation of 0-1 day 3 frozen embryo. Results: 3 day 3 frozen embryos. 2nd cycle: If I remember correctly, same protocol was followed, with adjustment on timing of egg retrieval. 5 day 3 frozen embryos. 3rd cycle: addition of growth hormone. Results: 3 day 3 frozen embryos. 4th (final) cycle: removal of growth hormone, double dose of estrogen, egg retrieval 38 hours after trigger shot (as opposed to 36). Result: double number of eggs, most mature, 14 day 3 embryos, 6 day 5 embryos, 2 embryos transferred, 1 healthy baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Liz Gomes, the nurse in Dr. Rosen's care team, was my key contact during the cycle. Liz is extremely caring and empathetic. She is super reliable with a fast response time and is very patient in answering even the most basic questions. Both Dr. Rosen and Liz were fully invested in our care.
Describe your experience with UCSF.
The UCSF team - from the front-desk staff to the nurses, doctors, embryologists (who I got to briefly meet during embryo transfer) - are truly world-class professionals who care about their patients. From the beginning we felt we were in the very best hands for fertility treatment. This is important because throughout the treatment (e.g., ultrasounds, egg retrieval, etc), patients are attended by different doctors and nurses once the protocol is defined by the patient & doctor. It can take a while to get an appointment with Dr. Rosen, and the billing process can be complex - but it is fully worth it!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
He's not pushy at all and tries to start with the least invasive approach to help you...Dr. Rosen can be a little quirky. He's also director of the lab and can geek out over scientific methods, evidence, etc...Dr. Rosen knows what he is doing and I trust him. Our fertility process is still ongoing and has been extremely difficult, but Dr. Rosen has been very helpful along the way...he showed a lot of compassion during our initial consultation and made sure we felt like we were in good hands.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Mitch Rosen?
Dr. Rosen knows what he is doing and I trust him. Our fertility process is still ongoing and has been extremely difficult, but Dr. Rosen has been very helpful along the way. He's not pushy at all and tries to start with the least invasive approach to help you. I recently had a miscarriage (from natural conception) and it's taken a huge emotional toll on me. Instead of rushing me to IVF, Dr. Rosen recommended that I take a break, get back on my feet, and then call him to proceed with IVF. Part of me wants to rush into things, but part of me is secretly thanking him for telling me to pause and recover first.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mitch Rosen?
Dr. Rosen can be a little quirky. He's also director of the lab and can geek out over scientific methods, evidence, etc.. If that's not your cup of tea, then you might want to look for another provider. Also, keep in mind that as a teaching hospital, UCSF only practices evidence-based medicine. So some patients may perceive them as being too conservative or not risky enough (for example, they're not too enthusiastic about combining fertility treatments with eastern medicine). It depends on the type of provider you want.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Rosen is a good guy. I remember he showed a lot of compassion during our initial consultation and made sure we felt like we were in good hands. I walked away from our initial meeting with a great impression of UCSF.
We started with 3 rounds of IUI (first two with clomid, last with injectables). Dr. Rosen wanted us to start with the least invasive procedure first and see how it goes. I didn't react well to the clomid, so we upped the treatment to injectables during the 3rd round (which led to a much higher number of mature follicles). Sadly, the IUIs didn't work out. For our future treatment plan, we will increase the amount of injectables (basically do IVF). If <3 follicles mature, then we will do IUI. If >3 follicles mature, we will do IVF. Please wish us luck.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
I love Dr. Rosen's care team. Every one of them is well organized and compassionate. Annie Brunelli is the coordinator and can help you schedule appointments, place orders for lab tests, etc.. She always has a cheery voice on the other end of the phone. I love everyone of the nurses on Dr. Rosen's care team - Stephanie Jenniches, Elizabeth Gomes, Katrina (don't know her last name!)...they are all wonderful. Liz sounds like your fertility best friend and is always friendly and warm. Both Stephanie and Katrina handled my miscarriage (and subsequent manual uterine aspiration procedure) extremely well. They were professional, showed empathy, and really cared about my health. They are all amazing.
Describe your experience with UCSF.
UCSF is a highly regarded and well-respected provider in the Bay Area. I haven't tried other fertility clinics, but from what I know, they also charge reasonable rates (if you can call fertility rates reasonable) compared to the other clinics. They are always well-organized and on top of things. As mentioned earlier, because UCSF is a teaching hospital, they only believe in evidence-based medicine. This isn't necessarily a con, except if you want to try "non-conventional methods" to boost your fertility/pregnancy experience, i.e. acupuncture, traditional chinese medicine, vitamins, etc. Again, it's based on your patient philosophy and what you're looking for in a provider.
San Francisco
Dr Rosen is a funny, kind, and positive individual. That being said, he is also very honest to the extent that it may be interpreted as lack of compassion. Sometimes he may have seemed bored by some of our questions, but having gotten to know his personality and style, I can say that this is nothing more than his knowledge and experience coming through. (He doesn’t give false hopes and he knows what he knows.)
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mitch Rosen?
Do not assume that he is cold, lacking in warm bedside manner, or disinterested in helping you achieve your dream. If anything, know that he wants to simply cut through worthless talk so that he can help you achieve your goal sooner and with the most potential for a successful outcome.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr Rosen made me feel like a human because he prioritized my psychological well-being in light of excruciatingly painful miscarriages that led me to him in the first place. Always understanding and honest, Dr Rosen made sure that I felt in control of the process and that I did not feel hopeless even when results were less than ideal. His optimism is infectious and he is the one who kept my hopes up, even when other medical professionals and scientists encouraged me to give up.
Antagonist protocol, PGS all blast, freeze normals. 150mg menopur, 300mg cetrotide and Gonal-f unknown amount (can’t remember) for first part of cycle. Sorry can’t remember details regarding exact calendar.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Absolutely everyone was top notch: on the ball, compassionate, gentle, extremely knowledgeable, and the epitome of flexible in terms of making things happen and accommodating circumstances as needed. Liz Gomes in particular is a miracle worker who goes far more than the extra mile for absolutely every one of her patients. There were days when Liz was the only human on earth who could keep me holding it together.
Describe your experience with UCSF.
It’s a beautiful and state of the art clinic full of very kind and intelligent individuals. The hours are fabulous for working patients and the parking on site is also convenient. The center feels serene and somehow success-inspiring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mitch Rosen.
First cycle cOvered by insurance and only Minimal copays for required rX.
San Francisco
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Dr. Rosen was straightforward but showed compassion. He is incredibly busy but made sure that he responded to me. Sometimes a nurse wouldn't get back to me and I would message him. He was always responsive and ensured I was heard. Also, when I suffered OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome) unexpectedly, he helped me make the appointment to drain the fluids free of charge. Working with Dr. Rosen made me feel cared for.
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mitch Rosen?
I would say to communicate very directly and just follow up if you don't hear a response right away as he is a very busy person. He is more on the straightforward side than the "nurturing" side.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Rosen understood the "fragile" circumstances as I was delaying chemotherapy to be able to do IVF. He treated me and my husband well, answering questions patiently and even drawing out information to help us understand what we could expect.
I think my situation was quite standard, or at least standard for a cancer patient. He spelled out exactly what the timeline would be. The nurse, Liz Gomes, was the one who walked me and my husband through the injections and how to ensure best success. I went into UCSF every morning for those two weeks to get my blood tested. I underwent an ultrasound every other day. One thing that did get lost a bit in translation was during the last couple of days. I was unclear when exactly retrieval would be. Overall, the situation was a success!
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Liz was very nurturing and caring! She was not always there, however, so I think that came off as lack of communication. Dr. Rosen was the constant there in terms of having a constant. Liz is a very sweet woman and patient. One nurse who drew my blood stands out as terrible. I may have been dehydrated and needed water. Instead, she jabbed the needle in my arm probably five times, hurting me incredibly. They need to ensure more training when it comes to this!
Describe your experience with UCSF.
STRENGTHS: good doctor experience, very caring nurse, has a nice way of making patients feel taken care of (maybe especially patients who are there because of cancer, etc.) WEAKNESSES: In the previous answer I described the biggest weakness: the nurse who stabbed me what felt like a dozen times! Lack of caring, compassion, and understanding. Another is one I outlined about communication. Some of the nurses are not there every day so that should be communicated. Patients will then be able to contact more than one nurse and ensure a response.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mitch Rosen.
Not quite sure, maybe $15,000-$20,000?
None, Other
Dr. Rosen is a sensitive doctor and you can tell he's good at it but it sometimes felt like he was desensitized and my case was not dissimilar to the next. You might want to also be sure what choices and options you want to go down before you see him, if possible.
None, Other
How was your experience with Mitch Rosen?
Appointment were timely, although the front desk is a bit scattered. But once you got in to see dr Rosen, at least the first time I met with him, I had a good feeling about him. He had a six sense but I also felt that he was 10 steps ahead of me. For instance, I got an hsg test done and the results sent over. It took some time to even get a call with dr Rosen and for about 5 min to discuss it. He instantly dismissed the fact that it said I may have one blocked tube. I asked if he saw the scans and he said he doesn't look at them anymore and can tell by reading the results. He didn't think I had a blocked tube and I guess he was right because I'm expecting.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mitch Rosen?
Be proactive with your questions and on the procedures. Follow up constantly and when taking to dr Rosen, take notes. You might want to also be sure what choices and options you want to go down before you see him, if possible.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Rosen knew my name but I have only talked to him 3 times. I have never met my nurse but have had several calls with her. I mostly email with the admin. They seems scattered and disorganized and I often have to follow up with them to get results. Dr. Rosen is a sensitive doctor and you can tell he's good at it but it sometimes felt like he was desensitized and my case was not dissimilar to the next.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
It felt like she was going through the motions and just talking to another patient. It felt rushed all the time and confused.
2013 - 2014
Dr Rosen was much more thorough and thoughtful in reviewing my history before our first meeting. I felt like he actually had a sense of my various cycles and created a plan based on that history.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Mitch Rosen?
Dr Rosen was much more thorough and thoughtful in reviewing my history before our first meeting. I felt like he actually had a sense of my various cycles and created a plan based on that history (whereas with Dr Cedars, she seemed to just come up with stuff on the fly). I was pretty happy with him as a doctor. My main complaint was the way his care team is organized at the UCSF practice. Again, no one person took the lead on managing my case and that led to a critical error in the end--an error which should never happen to anyone.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mitch Rosen?
You as the patient still really need to take responsibility for managing your case. The UCSF team is there to support you but they are not likely to be as dilligent as you would be. So you need to stay on top of your own course of treatment, schedule, timing of tests, prescriptions, etc etc. It's a pain but will likely lead to be a better outcome and fewer mistakes. Trust your gut!
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr Rosen was very personable and I can honestly say that I wouldn't mind hanging out with him outside of the clinic. He was particularly a refreshing change after a year with Dr Cedars, whom I didn't really connect with on a human level.
Annie is great. Other person (forget her name) not as good. Still, you really have to harrass them sometimes to get much attention from them which is super annoying.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Rosen is very honest and straightforward, explained the numbers without sugar coating. He spent a while working with my husband about a decreased sperm count and he was very up on the literature about all aspects of our care...Dr. Rosen was pretty busy but he has a very helpful support team who really kept an eye on my needs and kept me informed every step of the way...[Nurse] Elizabeth kept us updated at every step of the way and spend a great deal of time explaining things and giving advice.
IVF, Donor Eggs
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mitch Rosen?
I think Dr. Rosen is a very good doctor and I would highly recommend him.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
We used frozen donor eggs, and we did a single 5 day embryo transfer. I used vivelle patch and IM Progesterone in oil injections every other day, which was painful, but I think it helped keep the levels more even.
Describe your experience with UCSF.
I felt that the clinic was very well organized and efficient and that the pricing was very fair, especially considering the high level of care. The clinic itself is a lovely facility and I felt very well taken care of.
$23,000 for frozen embryo cycle and meds
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Unexplained
We only saw him once, we were working with the duty doctors, but he was nice, confident, and calm... You may not see him very often, depending on if he's on duty when you go in for ultrasounds and what not, but everyone at the clinic is awesome.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Unexplained
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
We had a number of appointments, and we felt they were attentive. Although, we've only seen Dr. Rosen once, the doctor's on duty for our appointment were great. The nurses and front desk people were all wonderful. Special shout out to our nurse who acted as a spirit guide, calling us with results, telling us next steps, etc.
Birth control to make sure we knew which day to start the cycle, nightly injections for 2 weeks, a few medications, egg retrieval, ICSI, and then putting the embryo back.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Just attentive, understanding, funny, a good team.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mitch Rosen.
Roughly 11K for the procedure and 2k for the medication.
San Francisco
Dr. Rosen made us feel comfortable and confident in our decision to go to UCSF. I felt like we had enough access to him to ask questions and enough time with him to get answers that we could understand...Dr. Rosen was great. He took time to explain what was happening and to listen to and answer all questions. He was professional, down to earth, and we felt confident that we were in good hands...Trust that the process will unfold and that you are in capable hands of a Dr. that cares about the outcome and the patient's well being.
Describe your experience with UCSF.
We were very comfortable at UCSF. The entire staff from check-in, nursing, Dr's, etc. were friendly and easy to work with. I am not sure there were any weaknesses for us. We had a very positive experience (even with billing / financial questions).
12 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Mitch [Rosen] is an excellent doctor, caring and clinical...honest and ethical about the situation. He did not try to sell us procedures that were unlikely to be effective....Mitch recommended that he look inside my uterus. He found a "false wall" of tissue that could have been a cause, because if the embryo tried to attach, it wouldn't get enough blood. That was a good hunch, and was important for going further to IVF and Ovum Donation IVF.
12 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Mitch Rosen?
Mitch is an excellent doctor, caring and clinical...honest and ethical about the situation. He did not try to sell us procedures that were unlikely to be effective.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mitch Rosen?
Be honest with yourself, and give everything you can to succeed.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
UCSF and Mitch Rosen were warmly welcoming, knew us and our case well. He thought thru everything I had tried and the data he saw, made recommendations for treatment that made sense to us, and helped us along our path to parenthood, even though we did not get pregnant under his care.
I don't recall the detail of the protocols. We had high egg counts on stimulated cycles, and concerns about multiples, but no actual pregnancies resulted. Mitch recommended that he look inside my uterus. He found a "false wall" of tissue that could have been a cause, because if the embryo tried to attach, it wouldn't get enough blood. That was a good hunch, and was important for going further to IVF and Ovum Donation IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mitch Rosen.
Most doctor's fees were covered by insurance. The one shock was the hormone injection system (pen) the clinic used was twice as expensive with insurance as expensive as mixable one without insurance
12 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
He doesn't have the best bedside manner in the world, but it's certainly good enough and does a fantastic job of explaining the process, the risks, and expectation setting. He was honest, nice enough, very open, optimistic, great nursing staff.
12 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
How was your experience with Mitch Rosen?
He was honest, nice enough, very open, optimistic, great nursing staff.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Amazing nurse support. Felt like they were my friends.
2013
Dr. Rosen spent 1+ hours with us at the initial appointment understanding everything. Very clearly explained all my hormone levels. Great doctor. Doesn't seem to care about multiples, however!
2013
How was your experience with Mitch Rosen?
Spent 1+ hours with us at the initial appointment understanding everything. Very clearly explained all my hormone levels. Prescribed Clomid and when we asked about the possibility of multiples he said "I'm not worried about multiples"
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mitch Rosen?
Great doctor. Doesn't seem to care about multiples, however!
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Loved the personal nurse who was my point of contact after my initial consult.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Wonderful over the phone. Never met in person. Very warm.