Available by cell phone
FellowshipWeill Cornell Medical College
30 Tower Court
Gurnee, IL 60031
Crystal Lake
820 East Terra Cotta Ave.
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
4920 N Central Ave
Chicago, IL 60630
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mohamad Irani to a friend?

9.7

6.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago to a friend?
2019 - 2020
Dr. Irani fully reviewed my past treatment and medical records. He felt that I didn't need to be "over-medicated" to produce a lot eggs. He ensured we understood the process. He always called with the results. My fresh transfer ended in a ectopic and he called me directly each day to see how I was doing. He also coordinated care with my OB to ensure the ectopic was properly managed.
They [Advanced Fert Ctr of Chicago] also offer financing through Lending Club, which was helpful as the rates were lower than taking out a personal loan. You can call, and if your nurse isn't there, another one will call you back. Sometimes though, it can be disappointing if that nurse doesn't know you. Their website is very detailed and has a lot of information on it, including costs of every procedure.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Mohamad Irani at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mohamad Irani at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
He talks fast and soft so if you cannot hear him, ask him to repeat.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mohamad Irani at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Dr. Irani takes time to know his clients and other details of their lives. He allows you to email him directly with questions or concerns, and he will respond personally.
Describe the protocols Mohamad Irani used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago and their degree of success.
Dr. Irani felt that I would be a good responder. I didn't need a long protocol to produce eggs. I just stimmed for 9 days and then had retrieval. I only needed to use Follistim and low-dose HCG which was very cost effective.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Sue)
Sue was my primary nurse. She was always compassionate and was great at communication. She also took time to explain things and go over results when they came in.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
They specialize in IVF and have great statistics. They also offer financing through Lending Club, which was helpful as the rates were lower than taking out a personal loan. You can call, and if your nurse isn't there, another one will call you back. Sometimes though, it can be disappointing if that nurse doesn't know you. Their website is very detailed and has a lot of information on it, including costs of every procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mohamad Irani at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
I paid $10,000 for a retrieval. Each frozen transfer is $4,000.
Describe Mohamad Irani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Dr. Irani allowed me to pick one or two embryos because they were not genetically tested. He recommended one, but it was my choice.
Gurnee

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mohamad Irani at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.

2019 - 2020
Dr Irani personally called me several times with updates on fertilization results and PGTA results. He was always super responsive to emails... is the most kind, compassionate and caring doctor I have ever experienced in my life...He was patient, and gentle...changed the protocol and added Human Growth Hormone. I was stimulating for longer but the second IVF cycle ended up with more viable eggs, and 4 made it to PGTA testing and then 2 came back PGTA normal...he was the one to do my egg retrieval’s and to do the ultrasound to find a heartbeat after a positive pregnancy test
the second IVF cycle [at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] ended up with more viable eggs, and 4 made it to PGTA testing and then 2 came back PGTA normal...the most compassionate and knowledgeable staff. This clinic is somehow able to offer very fair pricing and amazing one on one personalized care...My main nurse was Diane and she was simply amazing. She would respond to emails and calls immediately. They seem to work 24/7. Every single nurse I dealt with was the most sweetest and smartest nurse I have ever encountered. Cathy, Deanna, I cant thank all of them enough.
2019 - 2020
Dr Irani is the most kind, compassionate and caring doctor I have ever experienced in my life. I feel so blessed to have found him and I truly believe he is a saint. He was patient, and gentle. It meant the world to me and built absolute trust that he was the one to do my egg retrieval’s and to do the ultrasound to find a heartbeat after a positive pregnancy test. He is world class.
Listen and trust him. He knows his stuff and he is always looking out for your best interest.
Our first IVF round was about 10 or 12 days of stimulation medicine. That retrieval led to zero quality eggs. They all arrested. Dr Irani changed the protocol and added Human Growth Hormone. I was stimulating for longer but the second IVF cycle ended up with more viable eggs, and 4 made it to PGTA testing and then 2 came back PGTA normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Diane )
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
This clinic is somehow able to hire the most compassionate and knowledgeable staff. This clinic is somehow able to offer very fair pricing and amazing one on one personalized care. Their SART results are stellar and I think the reason is because f their excellent care.
I believe we spent $40,000 in total including drugs for 2 rounds of IVF. All was out of pocket.
I completely agree with Dr Irani’s and the center for choosing eSET. The health of the mother and child come first. Twins are very high risk. When you have single PGTA normal embryos- I agree 100% to implant just 1.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Irani was patient, kind, and I felt very much at ease with his good bed side manner and demeanor. ... Strengths- patient to answering questions, non intimidating, feelings of ease and comfort. Empathized with me on the pain emotionally I was dealing with and understood my husband’s anguish and disappointment. ... Surgery for the removal of uterine adhesions Injections and clomid to stimulate and grow eggs (daily ultrasounds) Trigger shot that led to egg retrieval Two embryos transferred- no pregnancy resulted Remaining embryos did not make it to freezing.
Daily (morning) appointments are rough [at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] if employed, especially located near Chicago. Staff is actually friendly. ... even the receptionist was wonderful. She consoled me the day I had to make the payment in full because my anxiety was out of control. ... They are very busy during the morning, but will take a quick minute to explain information. Weakness...actually retrieval and transfer are further away...long drive, wish I could rest more after procedures at the location, especially due to long drive.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Strengths- patient to answering questions, non intimidating, feelings of ease and comfort. Empathized with me on the pain emotionally I was dealing with and understood my husband’s anguish and disappointment. He even mentioned to take time to recover and not rush into another treatment. Wish I can see him more, but during treatment, you deal more so with nurses.
I would advise perspective patients to ask as ma y questions to Dr. Irani and the staff members. Don’t feel shy, especially when paying out of pocket like we did. ASK questions.
Dr. Irani was patient, kind, and I felt very much at ease with his good bed side manner and demeanor. He even placed a call after office hours after we our pregnancy test was confirmed negative to explain the process and reassure that it wasn’t my fault.
Courteous, funny, even the receptionist was wonderful. She consoled me the day I had to make the payment in full because my anxiety was out of control.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Daily (morning) appointments are rough if employed, especially located near Chicago. Staff is actually friendly. They are very busy during the morning, but will take a quick minute to explain information. Weakness...actually retrieval and transfer are further away...long drive, wish I could rest more after procedures at the location, especially due to long drive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Well run and not having to walk into a waiting room of no more than 6 women tops.
Cost for IVF treatment ~ $11,500 Medication~ $4900
Preferred at most two embryos transfer. Did explain risk and provide documentation regarding multiple embryo transfer.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
AFCC is very organized and can always get you scheduled when needed, which is very comforting when going through fertility treatments. You always get a call back shortly after you call and never have to wait long for an appointment. ... The nurses and the ultrasound technicians at AFCC are all compassionate and friendly. Everyone there remembers you from visit to visit and you never feel like just another number.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Irani is very compassionate and warm. He took his time explaining everything to my husband and I. We never felt like our appointments were rushed through or that Dr. Irani had somewhere else to be. He took the time to call us from his home the morning he wanted us to come in for transfer. He also called us on a Saturday afternoon after our cycle failed to check on us and offer his support and encouraged us to get out for a date night. He has followed up with us himself since to check in on us and to make sure we remain hopeful to try again.
I would definitely recommend making an appointment with Dr. Irani. He takes his time to explain everything to you and is even available by phone and email with any further questions you have. My husband and I knew immediately after our consultation with him that we were going to switch clinics and come to AFCC to see Dr. Irani.
At AFCC you talk with the nurses regularly on the phone. Dr. Irani has called us several times himself as well, even over the weekend and after our cycle failed to check on us. At my previous clinic, the nurses only messaged you online through my chart. We never heard from our doctor directly.
I did estrogen priming and an Agonist protocol I believe. I did Lupron with high dose Follistim (400 units). I also did Omnitrope for 8 days of stimulation. We retrieved 3 eggs and all 3 fertilized with ICSI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Diane and Michelle)
The nurses and the ultrasound technicians at AFCC are all compassionate and friendly. Everyone there remembers you from visit to visit and you never feel like just another number. The US techs are very supportive and encouraging and always made me feel comfortable during my scans.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Dr. Irani provided us with the percentages of success and left the decision of how many embryos to transfer up to us. We chose to transfer 2 of our 3 embryos. The 3rd did not make it to freeze and I had a negative pregnancy test from this cycle.

4 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He made sure we understood and were comfortable with each step of our journey. He was patient and understanding and let us express and validated all of our concerns along the way. ... Dr. Irani is very personable and truest cares for his patients. ... he took the time to sit down with us and explain all of our options again. He was thorough and companionate. He comforted us when we were upset and called to check on us after the fact.
Everyone [Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] we had the pleasure of working with was great. The donor process was simple and so well taken care of, that I felt confident from the start. A few nurses at the Gurnee office smoked which bothered me during appointment bc it smelled but nothing else to complain about! ... Ashely [nurse] was amazing! She really takes the time to bond with the patients that work with her and was an amazing help throughout the process!
4 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Irani is very personable and truest cares for his patients. He made sure we understood and were comfortable with each step of our journey. He was patient and understanding and let us express and validated all of our concerns along the way.
Give him a chance. He is new to the practice but really knows what he’s doing and cares for his patients.
I did my 3rd egg retrieval with Dr Irani in hopes it would result more positively than my previous clinic. When it didn’t, he took the time to sit down with us and explain all of our options again. He was thorough and companionate. He comforted us when we were upset and called to check on us after the fact. We proceeded with donor eggs and were successful on the first round. I am so thankful for everything he has done for us!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Ashley in Crystal Lake )
Ashely was amazing! She really takes the time to bond with the patients that work with her and was an amazing help throughout the process!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Everyone we had the pleasure of working with was great. The donor process was simple and so well taken care of, that I felt confident from the start. A few nurses at the Gurnee office smoked which bothered me during appointment bc it smelled but nothing else to complain about!
We paid about $15k for donor expenses. My insurance covered most of the other procedures
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Chicago

Dr. Irani made me feel welcomed and understood from the moment I sat down in his office. ... He set everything straight for me and not only laid out a treatment plan for me ... I am 29 and my husband is 32. ... My husbands semen analysis came back with a barely low count ... Every test came back normal for me. ... We are moving right back in to another round of IUI and plan to attempt 3 rounds before considering IVF. ...
Since my initial meeting, every question I have had has been promptly and thoroughly handled ... As a self pay patient, one of my main concerns was cost so he [doctor] even tailored a plan to exhaust the most affordable options first ... Ashley [nurse] is beyond amazing! She is the only nurse in the Crystal Lake [Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] location so she is sometimes away from her desk, but she will call you back IMMEDIATELY after she gets back to see the message. ... She is so compassionate and wonderful at "breaking the bad news" to you in a way that doesn't feel like the scripted responses you get from other clinics.
Dr. Irani made me feel welcomed and understood from the moment I sat down in his office. He even went over our scheduled time together and answered every single question I threw his way. After being severely misinformed by my original RE, I had a giant list of clarifications that I was desperate for answers about. He listened attentively to each concern that I had without judgment or ridicule. I never felt demeaned or belittled like I was asking a "stupid" or unnecessary question. He provided me with not only an answer to each concern, but scientific backing to each answer. He didn't just tell me what I wanted to hear, he told me what I needed to hear. I was tired of long winded half answers, and he made sure to articulate everything in laments terms as well as provided risks and rewards for each option I had. He set everything straight for me and not only laid out a treatment plan for me, but told me he was confident he would get me pregnant without issue. As a self pay patient, one of my main concerns was cost so he even tailored a plan to exhaust the most affordable options first. Although I am still early in my journey with him, I feel at home and am confident that I will find success under Dr. Irani's thoughtful and straightforward care.
Come prepared with questions! Do not be shy or fearful that you will be bothering him. He is incredibly thorough and provides plenty for you on his own, but he is patient and kindhearted and will make sure that you are just as comfortable with the entire process as he is.
After a year long battle with my original fertility clinic to even SEE a doctor, I was extremely tentative about seeing another doctor, fearful of the same thing happening again. Dr. Irani made me feel welcomed and understood from the moment I sat down in his office. He even went over our scheduled time together and answered every single question I threw his way.
I am 29 and my husband is 32. We have been trying to conceive for almost 3 years now. My husbands semen analysis came back with a barely low count, just a point below "average" but nothing that Dr. Irani was concerned about due to all other aspects being normal with high volume. Every test came back normal for me. My cycles are spot on 27-28 days long. I ovulate late in CD 10 or early CD 11 every month without fail. My follicle count, estrogen, AMH, progesterone... everything came back within normal or above normal range at the right time in my cycle. My saline infusion came back normal with no reported tube blockages. Dr. Irani said that he was absolutely confident that he would be successful with IVF due to my age and regularity. Since we are self pay, we also had the option to skip IUI and move directly to IVF if we wanted (since we did not have insurance requirements to start with the smaller treatment). Since our diagnosis was generally unexplained with the only thing coming up as a barely low count from my husband, Dr. Irani was also confident that we were excellent candidates to achieve a success with IUI if we wanted to start with the most cost effective option. I stared Clomid on my first cycle (CD 3-7) and went in for my first monitoring appointment on CD 10. I measured with 2 mature follicles and my LH had already naturally risen, so we immediately did the trigger shot and scheduled my IUI for the next day. I returned on CD 18 for my progesterone test that came back at 29. I returned on CD 26 for my beta which came back negative and started my period the next day. We are moving right back in to another round of IUI and plan to attempt 3 rounds before considering IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Ashley is beyond amazing! She is the only nurse in the Crystal Lake location so she is sometimes away from her desk, but she will call you back IMMEDIATELY after she gets back to see the message. She is patient with me no matter how many questions I ask about process or next steps. She is so compassionate and wonderful at "breaking the bad news" to you in a way that doesn't feel like the scripted responses you get from other clinics. When she told me about my negative beta result, I could feel her heartache for me from miles away. Then she proceeded to talk me through potential next steps and advise me on my options. I couldn't ask for a better nurse!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Since my initial meeting, every question I have had has been promptly and thoroughly handled by Dr. Irani and the Crystal Lake staff. The office is small, but their success rates speak for themselves. I have had to work with members of the Gurnee and Chicago office staff as well and they have always been kind, attentive and punctual with all requests that I have submitted.
I do not recall how much the initial consult and preliminary diagnostic tests cost, however they offer an IUI package that includes all monitoring for $1,100.
We have not fully discussed IVF/embryo transfer options yet.
Crystal Lake

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
He [Dr. Irani] is straight forward but warm. He remembers details of my life (I have a son, my husband is military, etc)...He explained the fet procedure fully. I was confident with his skills. He also spent time with us earlier discussing our remaining embryos and whether we should pgs test them. He was extremely knowledgeable...Ask anything, he is really welcoming of questions...I was just doing an FET (we had 8 embryos from a previous donor egg cycle). My protocol was pill, then stopped pill and started estrogen patches and baby aspirin and prenatal, monitored via ultra sound in the 3 weeks prior to fet date. My lining was fine but estrogen a bit low so needed to add vaginal estrogen. The pio started 6 days prior to fet at night and antibiotics and medrol.
They [Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] are great with out of town patients though I wish you got a discount on your cycles since I have to pay for monitoring out of pocket elsewhere. If I was local, that would all be covered in the cost of the cycle...the nursing staff was amazing! I always knew exactly what was going on, they were completely responsive. It was great!...FET 4000 + medications and for me I had additional of our town monitoring costs
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Ask anything, he is really welcoming of questions.
He is straight forward but warm. He remembers details of my life (I have a son, my husband is military, etc)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Aminty)
I was an out of town patient and the nursing staff was amazing! I always knew exactly what was going on, they were completely responsive. It was great!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
They are great with out of town patients though I wish you got a discount on your cycles since I have to pay for monitoring out of pocket elsewhere. If I was local, that would all be covered in the cost of the cycle.
FET 4000 + medications and for me I had additional of our town monitoring costs
Clinic uses algorithm for ET and recommends 1 unless you fall into the exception

2019 - 2020
We loved Dr. Irani. When we first consulted with him and found out I needed a medical procedure done he explained everything clearly. He was always there when we had questions. He was kind, caring and attentive...was amazing from consultation to our first ultrasound. He was so kind, caring and informative...We did a micro dose lupron-Flare Stimulation protocol. I have a low ovarian reserve. We were able to retrieve 7 eggs, 6 of them fertilized using the method where they help the sperm enter the egg. This was because we weren’t sure why we haven’t been able to get pregnant and he wanted to give us the best bet to achieve our goal.
We worked with many nurses [at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago]. We were first assigned to Sue. She was kind, but hard to get responses from. Once monitoring began I had the most contact with Cathy and she was absolutely amazing!...They were quick with blood draws. They were organized. They called earlier then they said they would to give you results, which is nice so you don’t have to wait. The nursing staff is super supportive and easily accessible. I love that they are open 7 days a week, which is a major bonus. If you have any questions or concerns on the weekends you can call and leave a message and they will get back to you. I love that they monitor woman on the weekends because it’s what is best for the cycle, not convenient for them. Their approach and manner of care is beyond reproach.
2019 - 2020
Dr. Irani was amazing from consultation to our first ultrasound. He was so kind, caring and informative. I had to have a procedure done before begging treatment and there was a bit of an issue with the location, which we didn’t find out until the morning of. Dr. Irani, personally called, changed the location and made sure it occurred when it was supposed to. When we had questions he responded in less than 12 hours. He was amazing!
He is very kind and caring. He loves what he does and is excited when patients achieve their fertility dreams.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
We worked with many nurses. We were first assigned to Sue. She was kind, but hard to get responses from. Once monitoring began I had the most contact with Cathy and she was absolutely amazing! She knew I was nervous about the egg retrieval and she made the extra effort to come back and literally hold my hand until I went under anesthesia. It meant so much to me. I couldn’t have felt better about her support.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
They had a window 630-8. I went right away at 630 and, at most, there were three of us. It was quick and efficient.
We paid our copays and then were billed for percentages of services that were not covered.
He suggested we transfer one, but we discussed transferring two.