5.2

Gurnee
30 Tower Court
Gurnee, IL 60031
Crystal Lake
820 East Terra Cotta Ave.
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
4920 N Central Ave
Chicago, IL 60630

Dr. Irani is very approachable and kind. I only met with him one time, but After each procedure, he would personally call to go over options and was willing to answer all of my questions. He also gave me his email address and was very responsive, often returning my emails within just a few hours, even on evenings and weekends...The first cycle, we used letrozole. That did not work so we moved to injectables. Each month, he prescribed an increasing dose of Follistim
The nursing team [of Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] is a major strength for this clinic. I think I technically had a nurse assigned to me, but they all made phone calls, and did procedures and blood draws...They do not batch patients, which was important to me...The biggest disappointment to me was that they do not have a portal. I have a few doctors that I work with and that made coordinating care a bit challenging because I had to request copies of my lab results, which was no big deal but sometimes I felt like I had to explain why I wanted them
How was your experience with Mohamad Irani at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Dr. Irani always treated me with respect and explained things both compassionately and scientifically. He was careful to go over the probabilities of success with my low AMH and antral follicle count. I am a complex patient, with premature ovarian failure and autoimmune issues. I felt that he was open to working with outside specialists to a degree; he never disputed other doctor's recommendations but he also did not fully endorse them or actively collaborate with them. He was willing to work with me using my own eggs, but he had a strict limit of antral follicles to proceed to an IVF retrieval. I consistently had only 1-2, so he would only do IUI. After 6 months, I felt that I was on a merry-go-round each month. He made adjustments each IUI cycle, but generally followed a high-stim protocol and did not deviate much from that, unless I specifically asked to try something.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mohamad Irani at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
I would recommend Dr. Irani to someone who has a more straightforward health profile without any reservations. For women with complex issues, such as DOR or POF/POI, particularly if their follicle count is low, I would recommend seeing someone with more expertise in those conditions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mohamad Irani at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Describe the protocols Mohamad Irani used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago and their degree of success.
The first cycle, we used letrozole. That did not work so we moved to injectables. Each month, he prescribed an increasing dose of Follistim. He added estrogen priming and ganirelix. He also prescribed progesterone suppositories after IUIs. He adjusted dosages and made tweaks to that general protocol each month.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
The nursing staff in the Chicago office are excellent. The nursing team is a major strength for this clinic. I think I technically had a nurse assigned to me, but they all made phone calls, and did procedures and blood draws. Most of them remembered me, and they were all friendly and easy to work with.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
I appreciate that they are open 7 days a week and 364 days a year. They do not batch patients, which was important to me. The clinic is clean and the waiting room is comfortable. The exam rooms in the Chicago office are spacious and they offer feminine hygiene items without having to ask. The biggest disappointment to me was that they do not have a portal. I have a few doctors that I work with and that made coordinating care a bit challenging because I had to request copies of my lab results, which was no big deal but sometimes I felt like I had to explain why I wanted them. My husband expressed some dissatisfaction with the semen collection process. The receptionist would sometimes discuss financial matters with reference to specific procedures to patients while they were still in the waiting room. It would have been more respectful of patients' privacy to invite them to simply walk through the door next to her desk to have a conversation away from the other patients. That said, I found her to be friendly and otherwise respectful.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Overall this clinic is very well run. There was one time when one nurse gave conflicting information from another nurse because she couldn't find something in my chart. Nothing bad came of it but for a patient who is not savvy to the process, or to someone who is uncomfortable questioning doctors and nurses, it might have lead to confusion. I had an IUI canceled once as a result of some unexplained clinical error or oversight. I had been in for monitoring leading up to ovulation, and was told to return again the next day for labs and monitoring. When I went in 24 hours later, I had ovulated already. No explanation was offered.
Chicago

Dr. Irani was patient, kind, and I felt very much at ease with his good bed side manner and demeanor. ... Strengths- patient to answering questions, non intimidating, feelings of ease and comfort. Empathized with me on the pain emotionally I was dealing with and understood my husband’s anguish and disappointment. ... Surgery for the removal of uterine adhesions Injections and clomid to stimulate and grow eggs (daily ultrasounds) Trigger shot that led to egg retrieval Two embryos transferred- no pregnancy resulted Remaining embryos did not make it to freezing.
Daily (morning) appointments are rough [at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] if employed, especially located near Chicago. Staff is actually friendly. ... even the receptionist was wonderful. She consoled me the day I had to make the payment in full because my anxiety was out of control. ... They are very busy during the morning, but will take a quick minute to explain information. Weakness...actually retrieval and transfer are further away...long drive, wish I could rest more after procedures at the location, especially due to long drive.
Strengths- patient to answering questions, non intimidating, feelings of ease and comfort. Empathized with me on the pain emotionally I was dealing with and understood my husband’s anguish and disappointment. He even mentioned to take time to recover and not rush into another treatment. Wish I can see him more, but during treatment, you deal more so with nurses.
I would advise perspective patients to ask as ma y questions to Dr. Irani and the staff members. Don’t feel shy, especially when paying out of pocket like we did. ASK questions.
Dr. Irani was patient, kind, and I felt very much at ease with his good bed side manner and demeanor. He even placed a call after office hours after we our pregnancy test was confirmed negative to explain the process and reassure that it wasn’t my fault.
Courteous, funny, even the receptionist was wonderful. She consoled me the day I had to make the payment in full because my anxiety was out of control.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Daily (morning) appointments are rough if employed, especially located near Chicago. Staff is actually friendly. They are very busy during the morning, but will take a quick minute to explain information. Weakness...actually retrieval and transfer are further away...long drive, wish I could rest more after procedures at the location, especially due to long drive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Well run and not having to walk into a waiting room of no more than 6 women tops.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mohamad Irani at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Cost for IVF treatment ~ $11,500 Medication~ $4900
Describe Mohamad Irani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Preferred at most two embryos transfer. Did explain risk and provide documentation regarding multiple embryo transfer.
Chicago

He [Dr. Irani] is straight forward but warm. He remembers details of my life (I have a son, my husband is military, etc)...He explained the fet procedure fully. I was confident with his skills. He also spent time with us earlier discussing our remaining embryos and whether we should pgs test them. He was extremely knowledgeable...Ask anything, he is really welcoming of questions...I was just doing an FET (we had 8 embryos from a previous donor egg cycle). My protocol was pill, then stopped pill and started estrogen patches and baby aspirin and prenatal, monitored via ultra sound in the 3 weeks prior to fet date. My lining was fine but estrogen a bit low so needed to add vaginal estrogen. The pio started 6 days prior to fet at night and antibiotics and medrol.
They [Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] are great with out of town patients though I wish you got a discount on your cycles since I have to pay for monitoring out of pocket elsewhere. If I was local, that would all be covered in the cost of the cycle...the nursing staff was amazing! I always knew exactly what was going on, they were completely responsive. It was great!...FET 4000 + medications and for me I had additional of our town monitoring costs
Ask anything, he is really welcoming of questions.
He is straight forward but warm. He remembers details of my life (I have a son, my husband is military, etc)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Aminty)
I was an out of town patient and the nursing staff was amazing! I always knew exactly what was going on, they were completely responsive. It was great!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
They are great with out of town patients though I wish you got a discount on your cycles since I have to pay for monitoring out of pocket elsewhere. If I was local, that would all be covered in the cost of the cycle.
FET 4000 + medications and for me I had additional of our town monitoring costs
Clinic uses algorithm for ET and recommends 1 unless you fall into the exception