Mohamed F Mitwally

Mitwally Fertility Clinic

Doctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolMinia University Faculty of Medicine
ResidencyUniversity At Buffalo
San Antonio
One Lexington Medical Building, 215 East Quincy St
San Antonio, TX 78215
Corpus Christi
5920 Saratoga Blvd.
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mohamed F Mitwally to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mitwally Fertility Clinic to a friend?
2014 - 2018
He is very smart and knows what he is talking about. He helps you understand the steps and the process. If you ever had questions you could call or text him or his staff directly....We transferred 2 embryos both egg transfers...Dr. Mitwally explained the benefits and risks to us and left it up to us...He tries to get your body healthy by having to take a variety of supplements (coq 10, vitamin d, alpha lipid acid).
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Mohamed F Mitwally at Mitwally Fertility Clinic?
He is very smart and knows what he is talking about. He helps you understand the steps and the process. If you ever had questions you could call or text him or his staff directly. Wheather over the phone it in person, he took his time to go over everything with you. He does gave an accent and sometimes he can be hard to understand. He tries to get your body healthy by having to take a variety of supplements (coq 10, vitamin d, alpha lipid acid). After our first egg retrieval and transfer failed, I started to reach what I can do and came across the book, It Starts with the Egg. It went over over the same supplements Mitwally had me and my husband taking. I even asked him about the book. When he learned I was interested in learning more on my own he recommended some other books and even a live webinar hosted by Dr. Sher. I’m so thankful to Dr. Mitwally for my two, heathy boys.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mohamed F Mitwally at Mitwally Fertility Clinic?
Be patient and trust him. If your not sure or confused ask. He wants to help you understand the process too not just get you in and out. He really does care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mohamed F Mitwally at Mitwally Fertility Clinic?
He walked in the room, greeting you by name every visit. He was also patient when I had questions. He genuinely cared about me and my husband. He would joke that he would help us get half a dozen children. He took the time to go over the plan and review everything. You never felt rushed, even when you knew there was a waiting room full. He and his staff are absolutely wonderful.
Describe the protocols Mohamed F Mitwally used in your cycles at Mitwally Fertility Clinic and their degree of success.
Egg retrieval one - I was on birth control for a few weeks then added letrozole and lupron and weaned off the birth control. Continued the Lupron and added menapur and Bravelle. I think I stimed for 10 days and through the stims I had every couple of days monitoring with ultrasound and bloodwork. The birth control was to quite my whole system, the Lupron to keep me from ovulating and the letrozole, menapur and Bravelle to help develop and grow follicles. Sadly, that cycle ended in a failed transfer and no frozen embryos. We transferred the only 2 embryos that made it to day 5. Later I found out that I had used less potent Bravelle that was being recalled. I feel that had something to do with the failure since we retrieved 11 mature eggs and only 4 fertilized and grew but only 2 made it to day 5. We did an IUI cycle in between the first and second retrievals. That was just letrozole and a trigger shot. The second retrieval was similar to the first with birth control, letrozole, lupron but we used follistim, instead of Bravelle and menapur. That retrieval went perfectly. Retrieved 14 mature eggs, 12 fertilized, and 6 made it to day 5. Huge difference in results. 4 embryos were frozen and 2 transferred, one of which implanted and developed and is now my crazy 2 year old. When we were ready to try for number 2, we went back and started seeing Mitwally again. We we planning on an October transfer (worked best with our schedules between week and making travel arrangements). In the meantime we decided to try a cycle with letrozole and trigger shot and bam, baby number 2. We didn’t need to do a frozen embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mitwally Fertility Clinic. (Assigned nurse: Aisha)
Aisha was wonderful. She along with the rest of his staff traveled with him between the 3 offices at the time. She was very patient and helpful. If I couldn’t get a hold of Dr. Mitwally, I was always able to get a hold of Aisha. She made you feel welcome and like part of the family. She and the rest of the staff are absolutely amazing.
Describe your experience with Mitwally Fertility Clinic.
Dr. Mitwally and his staff are definitely the clinic strength. They work flawless together. They care and support you with your losses and celebrate your milestones with you. Weakness are that Dr. Mitwally does do the egg retrieval or transfers himself. You have to go to the Sher Institute in Dallas. They work very close together so the care is seamless. Dr. Saleh and the embryologists are wonderful. They keep you updated on the status of your growing embryos and let you know the details. The embryologist came out and spoke to me about the procedure when she saw me crying from nerves. She was there for both my transfers and reassured me through the whole process.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Mitwally Fertility Clinic.
Every appointment you had an ultrasound to check for cysts, linning, follicle growth, even baby development just depending on where you were in your cycle/journey. It was part of your appointment. They had a ultrasound machine in all the rooms.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mohamed F Mitwally at Mitwally Fertility Clinic.
My insurance covered some of the a appointments and ultrasounds. I was responsible for about $150 each appointment. He used a popular fertility pharamacy that had some of the best prices and also offered discounts. I think the medicine for the first egg retrieval was about $3000. The first retrieved was $12,000. The letrozole was about $50 and he had the trigger shots on-site for $100. If you were running low on your medicine doses, you could purchase that as well I think for about $50 to $150 depending on what medicine and doses. The medicine for the second retrieval was about $5000 since we change to the more expensive follistim. The retrieval was $7,000 since the first one fidn’t Work out.
Describe Mohamed F Mitwally's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Mitwally Fertility Clinic.
We transferred 2 embryos both egg transfers. The second time they were pushing to only transfer one but since we had been trying for 3 years and had a previous failed transfer, we elected to transfer 2 embryos. Dr. Mitwally explained the benefits and risks to us and left it up to us.
Mohamed F Mitwally