Good

Monica Pasternak works at

1 Daniel Burnham Court
San Francisco, CA 94109

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Pasternak was always warm and cheerful during my appointments. She has a great memory and somehow always remembered details of our previous appointment. I always left my appointments feeling like she really cared about my treatment and outcome...After each retrieval, Dr. Pasternak phoned us to discuss results and next options, and I always looked forward to hearing her thought process and recommendations...Dr. Pasternak advocated for a single embryo transfer...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is busy, and appointment times are short so be sure to come prepared with questions or know that you can call and get questions answered later...I found calling was the fastest way for me to ask a question, request a refill, or confirm treatment protocol. I also relied heavily on the treatment calendar and also wish I had learned this earlier in my treatment...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
I underwent four egg retrievals and one embryo transfer under the care of Dr. Pasternak. I felt Dr. Pasternak was engaged and attentive before and during each retrieval. For example, after the first retrieval, I found that a specific medication made me excessively sleepy and irritated. With this information, she changed medications for the second retrieval, which I responded better to. Although appointment times were short, and I felt I had to come prepared with questions in hand, she always answered my questions swiftly and clearly. After each retrieval, Dr. Pasternak phoned us to discuss results and next options, and I always looked forward to hearing her thought process and recommendations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
If you would like to speak to her between appointments, call your care team and let them know you would like to speak with her or ask her a specific question.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak was always warm and cheerful during my appointments. She has a great memory and somehow always remembered details of our previous appointment. I always left my appointments feeling like she really cared about my treatment and outcome. While outside of the appointment, I asked questions mostly to my care team, I found that if I really wanted her opinion about something, she made herself available within 24 hours.
Describe the protocols Monica Pasternak used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
I underwent 4 retrievals. The first protocol used was an antagonist protocol with estrogen priming. Because I did not respond well to the protocol (yielding 4 follicles and 1 embryo), for the next 3 procedures, Dr. Pasternak switched me to a mini-IVF protocol with progesterone priming (each also yielding 1 embryo).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rayney Dodge)
I loved my care team at Spring. I liked that I could call and reach them for any questions I had. They were often able to answer my questions, but they would often offer to pass the question on to my physician if I wanted. They called after each retrieval to give me egg/embryo updates and were always professional and kind when the news was tough and happy for me when the news was better. They were also to call me back when needed. I only wish I had known earlier in my care with Spring that this would be my favored method of communication. Emails with the team were equally professional and detailed however I found calling was the fastest way for me to ask a question, request a refill, or confirm treatment protocol. I also relied heavily on the treatment calendar and also wish I had learned this earlier in my treatment.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I found the Spring at SF clinic team to generally be kind and professional. The clinic is busy, and appointment times are short so be sure to come prepared with questions or know that you can call and get questions answered later. I was okay with this environment; however, I can understand that the experience can feel overwhelming, especially at the beginning of someone's treatment. I would encourage patients to always reach out with questions over the phone, and they'll likely be pleased with the team's response.
Describe Monica Pasternak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Pasternak advocated for a single embryo transfer
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
The drug treatment was changed due to my request for a later transfer date however, my calendar was not properly updated until I called to confirm doses.
2021, Successful
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is very inviting and very organized. Communication was very efficient, even around insurance and billing...very efficient and timely with each appointment...The nurses were phenomenal. I underestimated how complicated the drug administration would be, and they had top notch training and education sessions...They answered every question in a timely manner...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
My experience was wonderful. Dr. Pasternak has a great bedside manner, kept things light (even when they could be heavy) and was clear about what to expect. She was very helpful in making our upfront decision to pursue IVF instead of IUI. She let us know she would support either one but just have us candid facts about odds. And she helped us by always keeping our goals in kind - one more child as soon as possible. She was competent and empathetic and I felt supported and like we were being cheered on the whole time. That means a lot when you’re putting so much work into and have such high hopes.
Take advantage of the fact that she will give you candid advice. And ask questions - these clinics are busy and they can’t know how much to explain, but Dr. Pasternak always answered all my questions to the fullest. Always ask.
I felt like a human because we connected during my consults, and she was sympathetic in every way. She took time to answer my questions and to do so honestly. A good balance of realistic expectations and hope.
We did IVF right away. We did the egg retrieval, and protocol was normal. We did genetic testing of embryos due to to age, and thankful we did because 6 of our 7 embryos were abnormal. They helped us navigate that process with their genetic counseling partner and helped contextualize their feedback. We adjusted the timing of the protocol to make sure we had an understanding of what to expect. We had just one embryo, and she suggested we go forward with it - we only wanted one more child, it only takes one embryo, and she said she saw no reason I wouldn’t have the best odds to be successful (versus doing another round of egg retrieval). We discussed what options there were if it didn’t work. Ultimately, we moved forward, and I am currently 20 weeks pregnant.
The nurses were phenomenal. I underestimated how complicated the drug administration would be, and they had top notch training and education sessions, all remote. I was very impressed and it made such a huge difference in treatment and confidence. I did make a mistake in meds, and they were responsive, supportive, and reassuring. They answered every question in a timely manner (and I had a lot!) and appreciated that there was a team to cover in case anyone was out. It surpassed all my expectations.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is very inviting and very organized. Communication was very efficient, even around insurance and billing (a couple placated topic even if you have great insurance and benefits) and very efficient and timely with each appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
Monitoring needed to jags leeches timing by its nature, but they are open seven days a week and they always gave as much advanced notice as possible for ease of scheduling. I always wanted early mornings and they always could accommodate.
San Francisco

She [Dr. Monica Pasternak] is compassionate, but direct; quick but very thorough. She clearly takes her work seriously but doesn’t take herself too seriously - she would always ask about my life outside of the clinic and tell me about hers. It put me at ease and made the whole thing feel more normal...We did IVF - we’ve done one round and we’re on hold to start our second (waiting for the shelter in place to lift). My treatment was pretty typical, per my understanding, and quick. I met dr Pasternak on 2/4 and had my retrieval on 3/7.
I was really impressed with the staff [at Spring Fertility]. I felt very well taken care of and thought all communication was timely and thorough while also feeling human...Really strong communication, availability of appointments, and overall friendly competent staff across all professions. I also appreciated that I could send one email and reach everyone at once. Every appointment was on time and I was in and out as quickly as possible...We did IVF - we’ve done one round and we’re on hold to start our second (waiting for the shelter in place to lift). My treatment was pretty typical, per my understanding, and quick. I met dr Pasternak on 2/4 and had my retrieval on 3/7.
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
She is compassionate, but direct; quick but very thorough. She clearly takes her work seriously but doesn’t take herself too seriously - she would always ask about my life outside of the clinic and tell me about hers. It put me at ease and made the whole thing feel more normal.
Be direct with what you want and she’ll be direct in telling you how to get that
Dr Pasternak was immediately relatable - kind, direct, and thorough without being pretentious. I felt at ease right away, like she was on my side and smart about what she was suggesting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Markie )
I was really impressed with the staff. I felt very well taken care of and thought all communication was timely and thorough while also feeling human
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility.
I have great insurance so I paid almost nothing out of pocket

Unknown Success
My partner and I want two kids, and at first Dr. Pasternak suggested IUI for the first child since I don't have any documented fertility issues. But we changed courses to IVF because we wanted the healthiest eggs and 37-year old eggs are presumably better than 39-year old eggs. Once that was decided, Dr. Pasternak came up with the protocols to make that happen...She was incredibly knowledgeable with her answers to our questions, and she always took the extra time to explain something to us. In addition, she's very personable, funny, and made the IVF process a lot less scary. In fact, under her care, the process was actually fun and exciting because she kept us involved in how my follicles were growing and how many eggs we were going to get. Every appointment we had with her was positive, and she was absolutely wonderful during my egg retrieval. She was quick and I felt ZERO pain afterwards. In fact, under her care, I ba
Great team [at Spring Fertility]- incredibly professional...Jordan always responds with compassion and insight; Markie is quick with medication and putting my mind at ease with things that may be out of the ordinary, and Dana is always jumping in if anyone is off that day so that way we aren't waiting for an answer...Cycle 1 cost about $18,500, with a 10% discount for Cycle 2. Medication cost about $5,000. Egg transfer will cost $3,000-$5,000 according to the cost sheet.
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak was wonderful to me as a patient. The individual monitoring appointments were fun since she was always explaining how the follicles were growing. And when I was getting concerned that I may not have as many eggs on one side than the other, she was reassuring that what I was going through was normal and not to worry. But at the same time, she was direct with the facts to not give me false hope. She mentioned that there was a chance that I could end up with 0 healthy embryos at the end of my treatment (luckily I ended up with 2!) I trust the advice she gives, the facts that she presents, and the way she delivers the information to us.
Tell her exactly what you want upfront. My partner and I want two kids, and at first Dr. Pasternak suggested IUI for the first child since I don't have any documented fertility issues. But we changed courses to IVF because we wanted the healthiest eggs and 37-year old eggs are presumably better than 39-year old eggs. Once that was decided, Dr. Pasternak came up with the protocols to make that happen.
Dr. Monica is a first rate doctor. From day one of meeting her, my partner and I knew we were in good hands. She was incredibly knowledgeable with her answers to our questions, and she always took the extra time to explain something to us. In addition, she's very personable, funny, and made the IVF process a lot less scary. In fact, under her care, the process was actually fun and exciting because she kept us involved in how my follicles were growing and how many eggs we were going to get. Every appointment we had with her was positive, and she was absolutely wonderful during my egg retrieval. She was quick and I felt ZERO pain afterwards. In fact, under her care, I barely felt any pain at any time. She was absolutely wonderful in her expertise and her knowledge. And she made my partner feel just as included in the process. Even though there are strict COVID protocols, she allowed my partner to be with me during the appointments, which was so kind. I have recommended Dr. Pasternak to two of my family members and we trust her with our journey 100%.
I am currently in my second Cycle. The first cycle was probably the more standard protocol, which was to start the injectable medications after ovulation, and to start off with higher doses and then generally go down during the cycle. My second cycle is a bit different in that I started a few days after the egg retrieval for Cycle 1, and then was on a birth control (?) pill for 10 days or so and then light injectables to start off with. So far so good. Each cycle has been easy with no to little pain.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Markie)
Everyone on Dr. Pasternak's team is WONDERFUL! From Jordan, Dana, and Markie - we were in good hands. Jordan always responds with compassion and insight; Markie is quick with medication and putting my mind at ease with things that may be out of the ordinary, and Dana is always jumping in if anyone is off that day so that way we aren't waiting for an answer. Great team - incredibly professional.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I have already recommended Spring Fertility to two of my family members and would recommend them to any of my friends/family that asks. They are professional and organized. Their appointment reminders are timely, their appointments are always on time, the staff is friendly and helpful (for the most part). We are pleased with our choice to come to Spring Fertility.
Dr. Pasternak didn't recommend more than one transfer for me. I am assuming it's because I don't have a documented fertility issue. But we will know more about our options closer to embryo transfer.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Pasternak completed my embryo transfer. I had a PGS tested, day 5, 5AA Embryo, the best embryo one can have...She spent over 30 minutes trying to find my uterus and was unable to do so. She ended up causing me so much pain throughout this 30 minute process...I felt like a number rather than a human because she continued to just try, allowing blood to enter my uterus, leading to a chemical pregnancy. At no time did she let me know that there was another option here - which
The night before egg retrieval, one has to inject a drug. The instructions given to me [by Spring Fertility] were incorrect. I only knew this because I have had egg retrievals prior to this. When I called the doctor on staff that night and left a message, I did not receive a call back. However, the injectable must be timed perfectly, so a callback was necessary. I followed up - she gave me other instructions- which I then told her I thought were not accurate. At that point, she apologized and told me she had me confused with another patient. She then said she'd have to check with the nurse on the instructions to my injectable. All in all, everything went okay, because (1) I've had experience with egg retrievals before (2) I'm great at advocating for myself. However, what about the women who are doing this for the first time and do not feel comfortable speaking up to a doctor? I'm writing this review for those women!
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
I saw Dr. Pasternak about 3 times while I was at Spring. 2 times for appointments to monitor my IVF cycle (where she just measured my lining an counted number of eggs). She performed those competently. However, her weakness was, as I've stated in the embryo transfer. Dr. Pasternak has not been practicing for many years, and I suspect that her ego was committed to finishing the embryo transfer at all costs, rather than thinking about me as a patient or my future child. If she had, she would have stopped when she was having difficulty after 5 minutes (not 30/while/ I was in massive pain), obtained her supervisor, and explained that she had spent 30 minutes in my uterus, so that implantation would have been impossible. She would have explained that implantation was impossible and that I had the option to refreeze my embryo, and try again. She did none of those things. She simply continued to cause blood to enter my uterus, causing me to lose a 5AA embryo at age 43.
think Dr. Pasternak is fine for basic monitoring of lining and counting of eggs for IVF, becuase she doesn't make any decisions there. She just reports the information to the supervisor/doctor you have hired and they instruct on next steps. However, I would not let her touch you for an egg retrieval, an IUI, or an embryo transfer. From my experience, she can't take responsibility when she makes errors. To err is human, but to continue to err and jeapordize a patient once a Doctor realizes harm is antithetical to the Hippocrates oath of "Do no harm."
Dr. Pasternak completed my embryo transfer. I had a PGS tested, day 5, 5AA Embryo, the best embryo one can have She spent over 30 minutes trying to find my uterus and was unable to do so. She ended up causing me so much pain throughout this 30 minute process, and I later found out from medical experts after the fact that her insertion of the catheter into my uterus would have caused implantation to be impossible. I felt like a number rather than a human because she continued to just try, allowing blood to enter my uterus, leading to a chemical pregnancy. At no time did she let me know that there was another option here - which I found out later - to just freeze my embryo and schedule another appointment, given that implantation failure was a definite due to her errors. I ended up having a chemical pregnancy and losing the best embryo I have ever received. At age 43, I don't have many other chances. Dr. Pasternak put her need to insert the embryo over preserving my embryo. She made me feel like just a number on her list of embryos to implant and put herself first before my future child.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Irina)
Irina was a wonderful nurse. Totally organized, compassionate, could not ask for a better nurse.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Dr. Minjarez is an excellent doctor who oversaw my IVF protocol and got me an amazing result. She is able to think outside of the box, and really tailor treatment to the particular patient. Weaknesses: In my opinion (and I emphasize this is my opinion and not fact), Spring is growing at a remarkably fast rate. Many IVF clinics are receiving Private Equity funding, and are becoming more profit driven. They are hiring many new doctors, and many of those doctors are the ones assigned the embryo transfers, retrievals, etc. However, based on my experience with Dr. Pasternak, she was not trained well. And particularly not trained well for what to do when there is difficulty. Difficulty is expected in the medical field and doctors need to have a game plan for that. Another weakness is that after my exprience, I asked to speak to Dr. Pasternak, and was sent a quick email telling me not to worry rather than get on the phone with me after this traumatic incident. Lastly, I found this clinic to be too lax with Covid restrictions. I had to tell two of the doctors that their masks were falling off and their noses were not covered. This was in the middle of the height of the pandemic. Additionally, I had three incidences of people in the waiting room not wearing masks and the receptionist in charge was not enforcing the mask policy.
1 as I had a PGT tested embryo of the highest possible quality
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
The night before egg retrieval, one has to inject a drug. The instructions given to me were incorrect. I only knew this because I have had egg retrievals prior to this. When I called the doctor on staff that night and left a message, I did not receive a call back. However, the injectable must be timed perfectly, so a callback was necessary. I followed up - she gave me other instructions- which I then told her I thought were not accurate. At that point, she apologized and told me she had me confused with another patient. She then said she'd have to check with the nurse on the instructions to my injectable. All in all, everything went okay, because (1) I've had experience with egg retrievals before (2) I'm great at advocating for myself. However, what about the women who are doing this for the first time and do not feel comfortable speaking up to a doctor? I'm writing this review for those women!
2021, Successful
Dr. Pasternak was always so warm and made me feel comfortable and not alone through having a lot of anxiety and worries about whether the transfer was going to stick or not...She was compassionate, communicative, warm, and honestly just incredible all around...I had massive anxiety about whether or not the transfer worked in my first ultrasound post-transfer and she responded so compassionately with medical intel to back it up, giving me the confidence I needed...
I LOVED my care team [at Spring Fertility]! Rayney and the team were so involved through the whole process and their communication was excellent. I felt very taken care of and very much like they were “in my corner”...Spring is a very comfortable environment without feeling like a sterile clinic. Everything is very clean and updated. I also was shocked at how on time they were for every appointment which is not something I’ve experienced with other doctors offices!...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
I couldn’t have loved and appreciated my experience with Dr. Pasternak more. She was compassionate, communicative, warm, and honestly just incredible all around. I felt very taken care of and would follow her absolutely anywhere for our next IVF transfer. I could not recommend her more highly.
Be as honest as you can with her because if you are open about your concerns and worries, i guarantee she will help you through it. I had massive anxiety about whether or not the transfer worked in my first ultrasound post-transfer and she responded so compassionately with medical intel to back it up, giving me the confidence I needed.
Dr. Pasternak was always so warm and made me feel comfortable and not alone through having a lot of anxiety and worries about whether the transfer was going to stick or not. I honestly wish I could have stayed with her through my entire pregnancy - her energy was exactly what I needed and I couldn’t feel luckier to have been matched with her for my IVF treatment.
I LOVED my care team! Rayney and the team were so involved through the whole process and their communication was excellent. I felt very taken care of and very much like they were “in my corner”.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
We went through insurance so it was largely paid for.
San Francisco

I was able to have a successful first retrieval [with Dr. Pasternak]. I did another one straight away as we had a small number of embryos and doing the second retrieval allowed me to bypass the month of hormones. In the end we got 5, day 5 embryos...always took time to help answer all my questions in an easy to understand way. I never felt silly or rushed for my questions and I felt like she really understood both my husband and I...She was very down to earth, though clearly competent. She was always very straight forward with us while interjecting helpful bits of information along the way. She took the time to learn our stories and about us and I always felt like she is a friend, which made the whole process so much easier.
I love that it [Spring Fertility] is a one-stop shop place. Blood draws, scans, transfers, retrivals, etc are all done there. Another strength is that all of the doctors and team are excellent. I had met a few for various scans and they were all warm, knowledgeable and highly competent...I mainly worked with Markie [nurse] and she was excellent. Always very quick to respond or tell me what she was waiting for...I appreciated Spring's single embryo approach as I felt confident with their testing and rational. I am happy this is what we ended up doing and now have one healthy girl!
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
After my first call with Dr. Pasternak I knew she was the doctor for us. She was very down to earth, though clearly competent. She was always very straight forward with us while interjecting helpful bits of information along the way. She took the time to learn our stories and about us and I always felt like she is a friend, which made the whole process so much easier.
Be clear about what outcomes you want including testing and what to do with leftover eggs / embryos as there are so many decisions.
Dr. Pasternak always took time to help answer all my questions in an easy to understand way. I never felt silly or rushed for my questions and I felt like she really understood both my husband and I.
I was on a month of injectable hormones before I did the first egg retrieval round as I was not cycling, depsit having a healthy uterus and a good number of eggs. It worked and I was able to have a successful first retrieval. I did another one straight away as we had a small number of embryos and doing the second retrieval allowed me to bypass the month of hormones. In the end we got 5, day 5 embryos.
I mainly worked with Markie and she was excellent. Always very quick to respond or tell me what she was waiting for.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Weakness: I wish the clinic had free parking as in the end I was driving in. Strengths: I love that it is a one-stop shop place. Blood draws, scans, transfers, retrivals, etc are all done there. Another strength is that all of the doctors and team are excellent. I had met a few for various scans and they were all warm, knowledgeable and highly competent.
Do not remember as it was via my insurance
2021, Successful
Dr. Pasternak took the time to answer all my questions...In the first cycle of embryo freezing, Dr. Pasternak noticed that my body was not reacting that strongly to the hormone medication. When we went for my second round, she added a growth hormone- which gave much better results... She was very friendly and relatable. She never pushed us into making any decisions- but instead walked us through the pros and cons...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] itself is aesthetically pleasing. The rooms, reception, etc were all great. They recently upgraded the robes worn during procedures- it was a great added comfort. The one thing I think they really need to work on is doing more hand holding. There are a lot of steps in this process and remembering them all gets confusing-- I wish the team/clinic had protocol for more detailed instructions, reminders etc....
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak took the time to answer all my questions. Especially during our first round of embryo freezing- when my husband had so so many questions! She was very friendly and relatable. She never pushed us into making any decisions- but instead walked us through the pros and cons.
Nothing really. all together we had a good experience.
I thought Dr. Pasternak and all her staff were very kind, friendly and personable. Always made me feel at ease.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Raney)
All in all, such friendly, kind, approachable staff. They were prompt in responding to emails and calls. I never had to wait too long. They always had positive attitudes and also very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic itself is aesthetically pleasing. The rooms, reception, etc were all great. They recently upgraded the robes worn during procedures- it was a great added comfort. The one thing I think they really need to work on is doing more hand holding. There are a lot of steps in this process and remembering them all gets confusing-- I wish the team/clinic had protocol for more detailed instructions, reminders etc
A lot of it was covered by insurance, so I am not sure. We paid a total out of pocket max of $5000
San Francisco
Dr. Pasternak always made an effort to connect with me on a personal level and remembered the small, but important, details of our conversations and my history...consistently checked in with us throughout the process of egg retrieval, embryo freezing and transfer and always sought out our opinion and adjusted our protocols as needed to ensure our confidence and optimize for success...
[Spring Fertility] Large MD group with variety of excellent Reproductive Endocrinologists -Expertise and experience of embryologists -Compassionate and talented nurses and staff -Multiple locations for convenience for lab draws, ultrasounds etc...Very busy clinic with fast turnaround for visits, lab draws etc...Though Spring Fertility is a busy clinic, Dr. Pasternak always made an effort to connect with me on a personal level and remembered the small, but important, details of our conversations and my history...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
We have had only a positive experience partnering with Dr. Pasternak during our IVF process. My partner and I pursued IVF after discovering we were both genetic carriers for a hereditary disease and we always felt well-informed and supported and by Dr. Pasternak. Dr. Pasternak offers a balance of warm beside manner and straight forward and honesty delivery of information. She is incredibly easy to talk to and we felt like she was 100% on our team. Dr. Pasternak consistently checked in with us throughout the process of egg retrieval, embryo freezing and transfer and always sought out our opinion and adjusted our protocols as needed to ensure our confidence and optimize for success. We are incredibly grateful to be near term with a pregnancy and will be working with Dr. Pasternak again in the future.
Though Spring Fertility is a busy clinic, Dr. Pasternak always made an effort to connect with me on a personal level and remembered the small, but important, details of our conversations and my history. As a healthcare provider myself, she always tailored our discussions to my understanding and provided a thorough explanation of the IVF process.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths -Large MD group with variety of excellent Reproductive Endocrinologists -Expertise and experience of embryologists -Compassionate and talented nurses and staff -Multiple locations for convenience for lab draws, ultrasounds etc. Weaknesses -Very busy clinic with fast turnaround for visits, lab draws etc. -Private clinic / $

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Pasternak] was friendly and considerate that it was an uncomfortable procedure but she did her best to make me fee comfortable. She remembered my from 2 years ago and asked about my child. I had my treatment and monitoring in oakland with dr. Fisher (who is also great) and I had my transfer in SF with Dr. P. I requested her for a familiar face and she delivered. Happy to see her and that she is still with the clinic. Feels good to have a familiar face and a friendly one too...
I absolutely loved my two experiences with this clinic [Spring Fertility] and highly recommend them. I’ve worked with Dr Fisher, Dr Pasternak, and dr Klatsky. All are excellent. The nursing and coordinator walk you through every step of the way and you feel supported all along. They even do trainings on how to take the injections...There are many steps and I never felt overwhelmed because they walked me through step by step...
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
She was friendly and considerate that it was an uncomfortable procedure but she did her best to make me fee comfortable. She remembered my from 2 years ago and asked about my child. I had my treatment and monitoring in oakland with dr. Fisher (who is also great) and I had my transfer in SF with Dr. P. I requested her for a familiar face and she delivered. Happy to see her and that she is still with the clinic. Feels good to have a familiar face and a friendly one too.
Give her a shot. She is friendly and knowledgeable
She remembered me from 2 years ago
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mel)
Everyone treated me wonderfully. With care and compassion. Always with a smile and happy to answer all questions. There are many steps and I never felt overwhelmed because they walked me through step by step
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I absolutely loved my two experiences with this clinic and highly recommend them. I’ve worked with Dr Fisher, Dr Pasternak, and dr Klatsky. All are excellent. The nursing and coordinator walk you through every step of the way and you feel supported all along. They even do trainings on how to take the injections.
I used Cigna insurance. I think that’s the only insurance they take

2021, Consult
Embryo Freezing
The office is clean, bright, great artwork and calming decor. All staff I encountered were welcoming and professional. I didn’t feel like a number, I felt like people in office remembered me every time....[nurses were] always there to answer questions...Dr. Pasternak’s positive energy and sense of humor made me feel comfortable as soon as I stepped in her office. She thoughtfully listened, asked me the right questions and I left our consult feeling like she fully understood my long term career plans and our family goals.
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Pasternak’s positive energy and sense of humor made me feel comfortable as soon as I stepped in her office. She thoughtfully listened, asked me the right questions and I left our consult feeling like she fully understood my long term career plans and our family goals. She offered her knowledgeable advice and guidance as to what would be best for my partner and I, but also reminded me it was our choice how we decided to continue. I felt our treatment plan was personalized for our family goals and I’m confident Dr. Pasternak will help us achieve those in the future.
be honest with yourself and open to knowledgeable advice
personalized treatment plan to meet family planning goals, took the time to understand my career plans as well
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
always there to answer questions
Progyny coverage