Medical SchoolU. of Connecticut
FellowshipU. of South Carolina
875 Meadows Road
Boca Raton, FL 33486
1 561 368-5500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Moshe Peress to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend BocaFertility IVF Center to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
He [Dr. Moshe Peress] is caring and kind in a human way, but also very honest...He did not recommend PGS because of my previous experience of the embryos dissolving. I had a thin lining, so we froze both embryos in order to build up my lining using estrogen and baby aspirin. Once he felt that my lining was adequate, he transferred one embryo... Dr. Peress recommended that if we do not experience a natural pregnancy within a few months, we will try IUI with extra folic acid and more estrogen. We plan to try that within the next few months.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Moshe Peress at BocaFertility IVF Center?
Dr. Peress is smart, thoughtful, warm, and compassionate. He will tell you if he feels that the chances are slim, and give you ideas of what he thinks would be the best course of treatment without making you feel stupid or in the dark. He will always be honest - good or bad, and will always give you the care you need on a personal level. The fact that he tries to be at EVERY single ultrasound made me feel like a human being and reassured that he was doing everything he could to make my cycle successful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Moshe Peress at BocaFertility IVF Center?
He might be blunt, but he has seen everything and he wants you to be successful, not just to take your money and break your heart. He is caring and kind in a human way, but also very honest.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Moshe Peress at BocaFertility IVF Center?
Dr. Peress and his nurses and staff treated me like I was a member of their family. They were honest and caring. They celebrated with me when I found out I was pregnant, and grieved with me when I miscarried. Dr. Peress is warm and caring in a field where I've found doctors that were exactly the opposite.
Describe the protocols Moshe Peress used in your cycles at BocaFertility IVF Center and their degree of success.
I came to Dr. Peress with a previous diagnosis of Diminished Ovarian Reserve and a horrible experience at a different clinic where I had 7 embryos dissolve before reaching the PGS stage. He recommended IVF with ICSI. I went through my stim cycle and he retrieved 8 eggs. There were 3 embryos formed, and by day 5, one had dissolved. They froze one embryo on Day 5, and one on Day 6. He did not recommend PGS because of my previous experience of the embryos dissolving. I had a thin lining, so we froze both embryos in order to build up my lining using estrogen and baby aspirin. Once he felt that my lining was adequate, he transferred one embryo. The embryo implanted, and I found out I was pregnant for the first time! We did progesterone injections intramuscularly for the week before the transfer, and throughout the entire pregnancy. At our 6 week ultrasound, we did hear a heartbeat, but Dr. Peress was unhappy with the size of the embryo and felt that it would stop growing. It did, and on week 7, the heartbeat was gone. Dr. Peress recommended a D&C, and sent the embryo for genetic testing. The lab came back that the embryo had Trisomy 16, and would most likely not have made it past birth if it did make it that far. We did see the miscarriage as a blessing. We took a break to try to relieve my body from the hormones and my brain from all of the stress. About 6 months later, we decided to transfer the second embryo. We did, and again, success! However, again at about 7 weeks, the embryo stopped growing, and at about 9 weeks, no heartbeat. We again had a D&C, but this time, the embryo came back NORMAL. My OBGYN sent me for a thrombophilia workup, and the blood tests all came back normal, except that I had low folic acid. That takes us to now. We have been trying on our own, and Dr. Peress recommended that if we do not experience a natural pregnancy within a few months, we will try IUI with extra folic acid and more estrogen. We plan to try that within the next few months.
Describe your experience with your nurse at BocaFertility IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy Svorninich)
Amy is the most compassionate, positive, thoughtful nurse (person) I have ever met! She is so communicative and will hear me out when I am having a meltdown or a celebration. Amy is honest and will tell me everything I need to know. She is like a friend while also always being professional. She will go above and beyond to help you try to get pregnant!
Describe your experience with BocaFertility IVF Center.
It is hard for me not to compare this clinic with my first clinic, where I had a horrible experience. This clinic met my expectations above and beyond what I thought was possible. From the moment you walk in the door, they are friendly and organized. The office is clean and the nurses and staff are 100% professional. They consider your physical, emotional, and financial needs, and will do anything they can do make this incredibly stressful experience as comfortable and successful as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Moshe Peress at BocaFertility IVF Center.
I believe my IVF cycle cost around $18,000 plus some extra meds. The first transfer was included in that price. The second transfer was an additional $5,000 plus meds.
Describe Moshe Peress's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at BocaFertility IVF Center.
We asked for just one embryo to be transferred as we only had two, and Dr. Peress agreed.
Boca Raton
Dr. Peress is the only doctor in this clinic, which I thought would be a good thing. He is just too busy. I truly believe he uses the same protocol for every patient no matter what the diagnosis. He never explained the why just that I needed IVF and handed me a packet with billing information. When asking questions regarding tailoring the plan to my diminished ovarian reserve, he just said, “I don’t do that.” He never explained why, which left me feeling confused and not very confident.
How was your experience with Moshe Peress at BocaFertility IVF Center?
Don’t be blinded by the beautiful office.
The first visit was lovely, I was even served tea. The following appointments he was clueless as to my plan of care. He even forgot what he told me two days before. He even asked me,”Who told you that?” When I responded, “you did!” He asked the nurse to confirm and sure enough it was written in my chart.
I was on clomid for 5 days followed by 4 injections of Gonal-F (I want to say 75mg). I only had 2 follicles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at BocaFertility IVF Center.
The nurses seemed very professional.
Describe your experience with BocaFertility IVF Center.
The clinic is beautiful. I would say “spa like” in appearance. They even served tea at our first appointment which was super special feeling. After that, I felt like a stranger every time I went in. I had to remind him what our plan was. This left me feeling quite hopeless. I also got the impression that he uses the same protocol with everyone. Not a lot of sensitivity and compassion at this clinic.
Our IUI’s were about $400 each. I was on infectable meds so that increased the price as well. Total for our injectable IUI cycle was $3,500.
What specific things went wrong at BocaFertility IVF Center?
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Dr. Peress does not think outside the box, he sticks to only things he knows and from our experience doesn't want to try and figure things out. He's cold and seems like he really doesn't care...He is not up to date with advanced science.
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
He is not up to date with advanced science.
It was routine for Dr. Peress he is cold and distant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at BocaFertility IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
The staff is actually very nice and helpful. My IVF nurse really cared and was knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with BocaFertility IVF Center.
The office is beautiful, clean and they have a chair massage every Monday in the office but after you are impressed it's not about the office its about how competent Dr. Peress is with treating you and being successful.
IVF $28,000